Page 383 of 858 FirstFirst ... 283333373378381382383384385388393433483 ... LastLast
Results 7,641 to 7,660 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

夜属 Nightkin
    I always thought him deciding to kill all ten suns as the clear solution for ending the crisis to be dodgy logic at best.

Like how does one go from "hi guys stop this" to "ima gonna do this thing that's gonna end us all"? Supposedly because they laughed and ignored him. Super dodgy.

It's not like nobody figured out they needed at least one sun before hand. But he was going for it anyways. So yeah...

As for Emiya...Hou Yi has a special blindness in his own nature. He will not recognize Emiya's "justice" as valid and just see him as a disruptive and dangerous criminal.

He really isn't one for trust, understanding, or meaningful alliances.
    Last edited by Theoneandonlyz; September 11th, 2017 at 01:03 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I like this version on Hou Yi. It is very creative and each skill has a purpose and fleshes out his character. His second Noble Phantasm is certainly an interesting take on Hou Yi's legend of shooting down the suns, where instead of firing "explosive arrows", he creates a bounded field where the sun "dies", affecting the surrounding area. And his personalty definitely gives him some character, you wrote it up well. Good Job.

I can't help but image how he would interact with my Sun Wukong...
    I would think that Hou Yi would probably try to kill Sun Wukong on sight, only for Sun Wukong interpret it as a "challenge" and decide to "play" with him, causing Hou Yi to become increasingly furious as Sun Wukong keeps up with his attacks.

夜属 Nightkin
    Just don't get Hou Yi too furious or he'll pull out his special arrow. Wukong seems the type to easily bait his opponents into this sort of thing.

Then again Wukong's got significantly better odds of surviving that ordeal compared to most others. Still the cost in innocent bystanders will be hard to stomach. He'll need to get serious in a hurry.
    Last edited by Theoneandonlyz; September 11th, 2017 at 01:42 PM.

Really like that Pasiphaë sheet, it's as good as the Caster one Hermes made way back when.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    Really like that Pasiphaë sheet, it's as good as the Caster one Hermes made way back when.
    Agreed, ours have very different takes on the character but it was a creative take on her.

Also Theoneandonlyz, that's a pretty darn good take on Hou Yi as well. I like my own one the most (out of shameless bias) but yours has given me a few ideas for a Berserker iteration of the character.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Saber:

Appearance:

Source is here

True Name: Fafnir

Alignment: Chaotic Evil (closer to Chaotic Neutral in truth)

Alternate Classes: Berserker, Monster

Strength- A
    Agility- B+
    Endurance- B
    Mana- A
    Luck- E-
    NP- B

Personality
    A carefree, crass and fiery-tempered individual close to pop-culture's image of a "bad-boy". He is an unabashedly selfish person who despises any idea of justice distinct from self-benefit, and regards those who pursue such justice as fools and hypocrites. As expected of the dragon who hoarded boundless wealth Saber is incredibly greedy, easily enamored of treasures ranging from the most magnificent jewelry to the cheapest and gaudiest trinket.

This "greed" extends to more then just objects, however. Saber views his friends and allies as his "treasures" and is fiercely protective of them. Even as he scorns notions of camaraderie, this trait of Saber's makes him a peculiarly loyal and reliable companion.

Saber claims his wish on the Grail is simply to amass all the treasure in the world, a desire worthy of a greedy dragon like himself. His real wish- that he doesn't acknowledge even to himself- is for the chance to experience true selfless love, an emotion he never once felt in life. If asked, Saber would probably say that the idea of a love apart from possession is something that can't possibly exist, but he can't stop yearning for it nevertheless- the sole treasure even he never managed to obtain.

Dislikes: "justice", self-righteous hypocrites, things he can't have
    Talent: hoarding treasure
    Natural Enemy: Siegfried/Sigurd, his brothers, Gilgamesh

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance- A
    A power to negate the effects of Magecraft aimed against oneself. Due to his draconic factor Saber naturally possesses an A-rank in this Skill, making him virtually untouchable to modern Magi. However as a result he is uniquely vulnerable to "dragon-slaying sorceries" that target those of a draconic attribute.

Riding- E
    The ability to ride animals. In his life Rider never had any experience with handling mounts, so he is only imparted the lowest rank in this Skill through his Class Container.

Personal Skills:

Breath Of The Dragon- A
    The power to release a torrent of Mana from one's mouth comparable to the breath of a dragon, the strongest of the Phantasmal Races. By channelling his immense reserves of Mana through his draconized vocal cords Saber can expel a continuous torrent of magical flames akin to a flamethrower. Saber's fire-breath is of the "Poison" element, burning a sickly greenish hue and blighting the surrounding environment similarly to the effects of Nuclear weaponry.

Golden Rule- B-

A Skill measuring one's fortune in acquiring wealth. Due to being the original owner of the Nibelung treasury, Saber is promised a lifetime untroubled by money. However as the treasury also carried a potent curse that was said to bring all its bearers to ruin, his Luck is afflicted with two ranks down. Having stockpiled most of the treasury himself, he boasts a higher rank in this Skill then the hero Siegfried who merely gained ownership of it after Saber's death. On the other hand, the curse he receives is also greater.

Monstrous Strength- A
    An inherent ability of monsters and beasts; denoting the power to increase one's Strength for a given duration. By evoking his power as the Evil Dragon Phenomenon, Saber can grant himself a rank up to Strength lasting for all of battle. The longer this Skill is active the more Saber's appearance distorts into that of a monstrous dragon. Rough scales grow across his skin like organic armor, his hands and feet are twisted into vicious claws and a pair of massive leathery wings erupts from his upper back.

Collector- C
    A 'talent' to collect high-quality goods; a 'luck' that draws rare items into one's possession. As well as unfathomable amounts of mundane gold and jewels, Saber also managed to obtain several valuable relics for his hoard such as the demonic swords Ridill and Hrotti and the helmet of invisibility Tarnhelm.

Noble Phantasms
    Ridill
    Harvester Of The Sky Demon

Type: Anti-Unit

A demonic sword that was part of Saber's treasury. Its only claim to fame is being used by the hero Sigurd to cut out the dragon's heart after death so he could feast upon it (since the heart of a dragon was fabled to grant wisdom to whoever consumed it). Nevertheless, simply being able to cleave through the scales of a mighty dragon is surely a feat few mortal weapons could boast of. This feat does not stem from any exceptional sharpness or durability on Ridill's part, which are merely average amongst blades of its type. No, what allowed it to claim the heart of Fafnir, and what truly set Ridill apart from its fellow demonic swords, was a far more esoteric ability.

Ridill possesses the phenomenon of "selective solidity". By invoking its true name the blade will momentarily enter an intangible state, able to pass harmlessly through solid surfaces without cutting them. This allows for various impossible feats of swordsmanship, such as gouging internal organs without harming the skin or slicing while the blade is still sheathed. With his immense reflexes Saber can even switch the blade's state several times in a single swing, having it turn intangible to slip past an opponent's guard and then solidify again in time to slash them.

Ironically given its current wielder, Ridill is also imbued with a strong Anti-Dragon attribute and deals greatly increased damage against those of the Dragon-Kind.

Hrotti
    Black Dragon's Howling

Type: Anti-Army

Another demonic sword from Saber's treasury, even more sparsely documented then Ridill. A "sword of amplification" in the line of Excalibur and its many sister-swords, Hrotti augments its wielder's magical energy and expels it in the form of a destructive blast. In Saber's case, the magical energy is provided through his own fire-breath.

By holding up the sword in front of him and breathing fire through it, both the power and scope of Saber's attack is massively amplified by means of a resonance phenomenon occurring within the blade. Combined with the full performance of his draconized vocal cords, the resulting firestorm can easily raze an entire battlefield to ashes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A sheet I've been working for a while now. Might write in Craft Essence stuff later, but for now I'm just satisfied to post it up. As always, comments and criticisms are welcome.

Blog Entries
    @Fafnir

Don't see how collector is seperate from Golden Rule

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    @Fafnir

Don't see how collector is seperate from Golden Rule
    Ask Gil. If you want a real explanation; Golden Rule is just about generic wealth while Collector is specifically attracting rare artifacts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Ask Gil. If you want a real explanation; Golden Rule is just about generic wealth while Collector is specifically attracting rare artifacts.
    Hmm, I guess that makes sense.

Blog Entries
    Hmm, I guess that makes sense.
    Glad that's worked out. Any thoughts on the rest of the sheet?

Blog Entries
    Glad that's worked out. Any thoughts on the rest of the sheet?
    Hmmm... I guess it's simple. Or perhaps underwhelming? The skills fit and all, and the NP's are nice, but I feel like it's only the surface of what Fafnir can be. You can explore his dwarf side or make Tarnhelm an NP or do something with Das Rheingold. Overall, feels kind of shallow I guess.

Blog Entries
    Hmmm... I guess it's simple. Or perhaps underwhelming? The skills fit and all, and the NP's are nice, but I feel like it's only the surface of what Fafnir can be. You can explore his dwarf side or make Tarnhelm an NP or do something with Das Rheingold. Overall, feels kind of shallow I guess.
    I see what you mean. I wanted to flesh it out a bit more (mainly personality and lore-wise) but my inspiration kind of died and I just wanted to post it up at this point. I feel like Tarnhelm would be more fitting in another Class, though I did consider giving him a Das Rheingold NP (possibly summoning the treasury to literally bury enemies under an avalanche of wealth).

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can see fafnir in that program with the money shower

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    I can see fafnir in that program with the money shower
    ...Huh?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fanfir: The FC reminds me of my Yamata-no-Orochi from way back when (reminds me of the multiple head thing I had going with Orochi as well), despite being basically the embodiment of greed I like the way you've constructed his character - he'd probably be the first Fafnir sheet that wasn't utterly detestable as a person. I also like that you made him a Saber instead of taking the easy option and just making him a transforming Berserker. Although the second sword has no real documentation that i can find, I like that you made the '+' with adding the fire breath in mind. All in all good stuff and would make a very good anti-hero/villain.

- - - Updated - - -

...Huh?
    I assume he's talking about some form of TV show

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Fanfir: The FC reminds me of my Yamata-no-Orochi from way back when (reminds me of the multiple head thing I had going with Orochi as well), despite being basically the embodiment of greed I like the way you've constructed his character - he'd probably be the first Fafnir sheet that wasn't utterly detestable as a person. I also like that you made him a Saber instead of taking the easy option and just making him a transforming Berserker. Although the second sword has no real documentation that i can find, I like that you made the '+' with adding the fire breath in mind. All in all good stuff and would make a very good anti-hero/villain.
    Yeah, I tried to make him a sympathetic anti-hero type character- wish I could have fleshed him out a little more but I'm still glad you like it.

I even thought of a story snippet of him fighting a Siegfried Alter to show his more heroic aspect, but that idea kind of died.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I tried to make him a sympathetic anti-hero type character- wish I could have fleshed him out a little more but I'm still glad you like it.

I even thought of a story snippet of him fighting a Siegfried Alter to show his more heroic aspect, but that idea kind of died.
    Fafnir may actually be my fave Saber of yours since the Nameless Crusader. Shame the snippet didn't work out, I would have been interested in reading it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Fafnir may actually be my fave Saber of yours since the Nameless Crusader. Shame the snippet didn't work out, I would have been interested in reading it.
    Wow, I'm actually really glad you liked it that much! I might still write up the snippet sometime (I need some way to get back into creative writing), but I'm not sure if I should post it here or a separate thread.

Also, out of curiosity how do you think my Fafnir would get along with your Gudrun or Orochi Servants?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I'm actually really glad you liked it that much! I might still write up the snippet sometime (I need some way to get back into creative writing), but I'm not sure if I should post it here or a separate thread.

Also, out of curiosity how do you think my Fafnir would get along with your Gudrun or Orochi Servants?
    Lets see...

Gurdrun: She'd probably have nothing against him personally but as Sigurd went out to slay him they're on opposing sides by default as she'd stick with him. They'd probably have some sort of affinity as she devoured his heart but... it's up to interpretation I think.

Orochi: Dragons are very proud creatures and Orochi was among the pinnacle of his kind in Japan who even Susanoo waited till he was asleep to kill. My guess is Orochi and Fafnir would be butting heads against each other (quite literally) on principal to prove superiority. Fafnir would go on about his horde while Orochi would be bragging about his power (meanwhile Orochimaru is hiding in the corner taking notes)

AKA Leyeet massive_jojo_reference's Avatar
    Another Japanese Swordsman, These are my speciality it seems.
    Faceclaim (blantantly stolen from final fantasy ik)

Class: Saber
    Weapon: Katana
    H/W: 178cm/75kg
    Real Name:上泉伊勢守藤原信綱 (Kamiizumi Ise-no-kami Fujiwara-no-Nobutsuna)
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Natural Enemy: Tsukahara Bokuden (more of a worthy rival)

STR: C-
    AGI: B+
    END: C+
    MANA: D
    LUCK: C

Class Skills

Magic Resistance: C
    Cancels spells below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft of High Thaumaturgy and greater rituals level

Riding: D
    He was never known to ride a horse, But since samurai are naturally adept horsemen, his skill is raised by 1

Personal Skills

Nothingness: A
    The Highest order a swordsman can attain.
    It correspends to the Suigetsu of the Yagyuu shinkage-Ryuu (which the saber is very founder off)
    One is nothing, Thus invincible. Only a swordsman that has reached infinite mental state can achieve this.

Swordmaster of the land of samurai: B-
    The skill given to heroic spirits (primarily Samurai) Who have revolutionized kenjutsu, Allows saber to counter any sword technique just from seeing it and gives him a slight bonus against heroic spirits that use western swordfigthing techniques.

Charisma: D-
    When he founded He the school of swordmanship, he succesfully gathered many disciples, He had a total of 84 disciples when he went to kyoto, and later had hundreds of disciples all across japan.

Noble Phantasms

Shinai-Bushi
    The sword not meant for killing
    (C) (Anti-Gate)
    Amongs other things, Saber invented the Bamboo sword, So that While dueling, Samurai wouldn't needlesly hurt themselves, It does little in terms of harm but it has the upside of being indestructable and lowers the durability of anything it hits expect people or heroic spirits.

Yagyuu-Shinkage Ryuu
    The new shadow of the kenjutsu
    (A) (Anti-Fortress)
    Perhaps This is the saber's most famous Deed, His Foudning of the Yagyuu-Shinkage Ryuu School of kenjutsu, It is a school that revolutionized kensjutsu in such a way that it became what it is in the modern world, It Takes form of a 6'1 Feet (185cm) long Katana that gives of a an aura of Red and Black, Whilisting being wielded, it will grant him knowledge of all Eastern Kenjutsu Styles in existence, however it depletes all of saber's mana in the matter of 1 minute if his master isn't close, and can last for a maximum of 1 Hour in real world.

Personality
    Apart from his Slightly Taciturn nature, Nothing can really be known about his personality. Like many samurai of his time, He has a hotblooded nature, But he only shows it during fighting. He Despises Tsukahara bokuden for his Apperantly foolish ''no hands style of swordsmanship'' But also respects him because of his great skill, He would consider him a worthy rival if they ever met.

Bio
    Kamiizumi Ise-no kami Fujiwara-no-Nobutsuna, otherwise just known as Kamiizumi Nobutsuna Was a Japanese swordsman and a founder of Shingake-Ryuu school of swordmanship,
    In his early life, He studied nen-ryuu, Shinto-ryuu and kage-ryuu which would become his inspirations for Shinkage-Ryuu
    He served as a general to uesugi kenshin before moving to kyoto
    He met Yagyuu Munetoshi, an aspiring swordsman who became his disciple, Thet both then went to kyoto do demonstrate his swordmanship to shogun Ashikaga Yoshiteru, Who declared his school of swordsman ship unparalleled in the land, His school Became on of the most respected schools of swordsmanship in entirety of japan, and he had hundreds of disciples all across japan.

In regards to grail

Saber is idiferent when it comes to grail. He considers it merely a thing, and doesn't care about it, But his wish would probably be to be made immortal and to keep spreading the knowledge of shinkage ryuu accros the world/
    Last edited by massive_jojo_reference; September 16th, 2017 at 01:07 PM.