Page 432 of 858 FirstFirst ... 332382422427430431432433434437442482532 ... LastLast
Results 8,621 to 8,640 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Don't quite understand the logic of retiring from your job giving you less free time on your hands, but okay...
    Teaching seems like a fairly cozy job (though I'd imagine it depends on the where, the what, and the when) but job hunting can be a bitch and a half, in my experience.

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    im 57, I'd quite like to have my dream job before I die, you know?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Rider:

Appearance:

True Name: Otrera "First Queen of the Amazons"

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Alternate Classes: Lancer, Archer, Berserker, Caster, Avenger

Equipment: A gigantic
    Labrys
    double-bladed axe
    , that would qualify as one of her Noble Phantasms in the Lancer Class.

Strength- A+
    Agility- B
    Endurance- A
    Mana- B
    Luck- B
    NP- A+

Personality
    Tomboy
    Loud, jovial, aggressive and proud of it, Rider completely lacks the grace one would expect from a warrior queen. She loves alcohol, sumptuous feasts, fighting and sex, all things women in her era were expected to have no interest in. Rider enjoys playing up this trait, finding perverse delight in acting as unladylike as possible and relishing in the scandalized reactions her behavior brings.

Naturally, she loathes chauvinists, and saying or doing anything sexist around her is a sure way to earn Rider's immediate ire. So called "benevolent" sexism and patronizing forms of chivalry equally offend Rider, as she hates the idea of being treated like a delicate flower to be pampered and protected. That said, Rider does not hate men in general, only the poor excuses for them who treat their genitals like a get out of jail free card for bad behavior. So long as you treat her like an equal and don't try to boss her around, Rider will get along gladly with you regardless of gender.

Pragmatist
    If you want something, take it. If you hate someone, punch them in the face. If you love someone, protect them no matter what, even if it means piling up a mountain of corpses in their place. That is Rider's ethos and way of life, forged from her harsh upbringing in the outskirts of ancient Greece. While Rider has a sense of honor, it is the honor of a barbarian chief rather than a chivalric knight. In battle she uses traps, ambushes and other dirty tactics without a shred of shame.

Mother To Her People
    Rider deeply loves her fellow Amazons, calling them all her beloved daughters. This admiration extends to all great female heroes. Even if their ideals and ways of life differ, Rider has nothing but respect for any woman to throw off the shackles of patriarchy and forge her own path.

Wish
    To completely annihilate sexism and all forms of gender descrimination, creating a world where men and women can truly live together as equals.

Likes: her daughters, manly pastimes, bloodsoaked battlefields, equality
    Dislikes: chauvinists, discrimination, everything expected of a woman
    Talent: founding a matriarchy
    Natural Enemy: Bellerophon, Dionysus, Herostratus

Class Skills:

Riding- A+
    Ability to ride animals. At this rank, Phantasmal and Divine Beasts can be ridden, but not the Dragon-Kind.

Magic Resistance- B
    Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank, spells with a chant below three verses are nullified. Even if targeted by the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals, it is difficult for the Servant to be affected. Born in the peak of the Age of Gods and personally blessed by several deities, Rider naturally boasts a great deal of resistance.

Personal Skills:

Androktone- A
    A title meaning "Man-Slayer" in ancient Greek. It is also said that the very word Amazon is derived from this term, though this is disputed. Regardless, Rider's grudge against men and role as the first Amazon grant her a significant damage bonus when attacking male opponents.

Spark Of Rebellion- B+
    A Skill for those who became leaders of a rebellion. Comprises the effects of equal-ranked Charisma and Rebellious Soul. Rider rebelled against the male authorities of her time to found Amazonia, a warrior nation ruled by and for women. Bonus modifiers are dealt to the relevant effect when leading women or rebelling against men.

Affection Of The Gods- A+
    Affection is from the gods Ares and Artemis who favored Rider in life.

Each deity grants Rider a different set of boons. Ares ranks up her Military Tactics and raises her Luck parameter in combat. Artemis grants her a rank up to all parameters while under the light of the moon. Furthermore, just once per night Artemis's blessing can be invoked to allow Rider to unfailingly retreat from battle, representing how Rider pled for the goddess's protection to escape the army of Dionysus.

Military Tactics- B
    Tactical instinctive ability used not for one-on-one combat, but on a battlefield where armies are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided when utilizing one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm, or defending against an enemy's Anti-Army Noble Phantasm. Rider taught herself the arts of war at a young age from watching the men in her village train. With only untrained village women for soldiers, she managed to win several battles against the Greek army, carving out territory for her fledgling nation. Rider would normally have a C-rank in this Skill, but it is has been ranked up due to the blessing of Ares.

Divinity- B
    Qualifies one's Divine Spirit aptitude. As one of Artemis's priestesses and a daughter of the god of the east wind Eurus, Rider is clad in a thick aura of divinity and inherits a minor protection against wind-based attacks.

Noble Phantasms
    Bride Of War
    War God's Slaughterous Steed

Type: Anti-Army

A Noble Phantasm that crystallizes Rider's title as the bride of Ares and how she sacrificed Amazonia's best horses to earn the god's favor in battle. By sacrificing a mortal horse of the finest quality, Rider can summon a demonic jet black stallion that is an avatar of Ares. The horse has a terrifying and grotesque appearance. Its coat is soaked in blood and gore. Its hooves are solid bronze. Its eyes glow with pure fiery carnage. Its mane is actually thousands of tiny interlocking blades.

The steed can breath fire, much like the famous Mares of Diomedes. However, this Noble Phantasm's true worth lies in its destructive trampling attack, in which the warhorse charges forward while wrapped in a fierce crimson aura to resemble a bloodied comet tearing across the battlefield. When charging the horse emits an aura of chaos and aggression, forcing enemies in its wake to undergo a mental resistance check. If the check fails, they will be overcome by bloodlust and driven to attack each other. Tactics, formation and reason are all scattered to the wind, creating mindless brutes that attack everything before them indiscriminately.

Depending on one's disposition and resistance to mental interference, the duration of this effect may extend to the entirety of battle or wear off in only a few turns.

Artemision
    Temple Of Great Goddess

Type: Anti-Team

As the legendary builder of the temple of Artemis, Rider can manifest the wonder of the world as a pseudo-Reality Marble, akin to the golden theatre of a certain Roman tyrant.

Within the temple, intruders suffer a rank-down in parameters and all Noble Phantasms below A-rank are sealed unless they possess anecdotes tying them to the goddess Artemis. This does not apply to passive Noble Phantasms (like God Hand and Gae Dearg), or those already active when Artemision is invoked. Additionally, Artemis's blessing is permanently active inside the temple, ranking up Rider's parameters no matter whether it's day or night. In exchange, however, her first Noble Phantasm and the blessing of Ares are sealed, as the presence of the god of war would surely tarnish such a pristine sanctuary.

As a last trump card, Rider can animate the giant statue of Artemis that stands at the center of the temple, commanding it to destroy intruders. The statue is comparable to a high-tier Divine Beast in power and can fire destructive beams of moonlight, likely requiring several Servants to work together in order to destroy it. Upon the statue's destruction, the entire temple will begin to crumble apart and collapse, leaving Rider unable to summon it again for the rest of that particular Holy Grail War.

If summoned as Lancer/Avenger she'd have...
    Labrys Amazonia
    Wrath Of A Woman Scorned

Type: Anti-Male

The signature double-bladed axe Otrera wields. First representing the mother goddess in ancient Minoan civilization and later adopted by the Amazons as a symbol of matriarchy and female power. Once a holy weapon, it has been drenched deep in Otrera's rage and transformed into a bloodsoaked tool of slaughter.

When invoked against a man, the axe will launch an attack fuelled by the collective grudges of all wronged women across history, unfailingly aimed to castrate the target. A Luck check is required to evade this attack, and if it fails the target is instantly castrated, inflicting immense pain and destroying their ability to sire children. If the enemy has anecdotes of abusing or mistreating women, then a higher roll must be made in order to pass the Luck check and evade this attack.

The Labrys was also said to be the tool Zeus wielded to conjure storms, and so could possibly be invoked as a Noble Phantasm with the power of weather manipulation. However, because of Otrera's distaste for relying on the power of a male deity, any related application of this ability has been entirely sealed.

While its special ability as a Noble Phantasm is sealed in other Classes, Otrera can still use the axe as a melee weapon, showcasing its fabled sharpness and durability.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...I'm back with another Servant sheet guys!

This is another Amazon to compliment the Hippolyta sheet I did ages ago. I originally planned to have her as an Avenger with Labrys Amazonia as her main NP, but that idea turned out way too complicated so I just made her a Rider instead. I also went with a slightly different way of writing out personality this time (with each character trait getting its own little section), inspired by what I've seen in a few RP threads.

As always, comments and criticisms are welcome!

Hmm the sheet is all together greate but the first noble phantasm sounds expensive for any one to reasonably afford. Not to mention buy during the process of a holy grail war maybe you can guide her the horses as a B rank noble phantasm that when sacrificed temporarily becomes the avatar of ares? But other then that one part it's awesome. Also maybe increase its rank by a plus parameter.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I’ve been waiting on announcements for /Reclamation myself to start posting my backlog but it’s always good to see you active dude. Then again I know I won’t be facing up against her if I we both get in. I like the concepts behind it as she’s reminiscent of Hippolyta and Pentheselia without being too much like them. However I’ve a couple of suggestions, minor as they are.

In regards to Affections of the Gods, the other Amazon sisters had their connection to Artemis references in their Divinity skill so perhaps having that at Rank E? Also Ares was all about chaotic war while Athena was the smart and tactical mind. Any boon by Ares should be about overwhelming power and smashing stuff in general and not boosting Military Tactics.

Everything else is great mind you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    I’ve been waiting on announcements for /Reclamation myself to start posting my backlog but it’s always good to see you active dude. Then again I know I won’t be facing up against her if I we both get in. I like the concepts behind it as she’s reminiscent of Hippolyta and Pentheselia without being too much like them. However I’ve a couple of suggestions, minor as they are.

In regards to Affections of the Gods, the other Amazon sisters had their connection to Artemis references in their Divinity skill so perhaps having that at Rank E? Also Ares was all about chaotic war while Athena was the smart and tactical mind. Any boon by Ares should be about overwhelming power and smashing stuff in general and not boosting Military Tactics.

Everything else is great mind you.
    Otrera could have Divinity due to being a daughter of the wind god Eurus, but she has enough Personal Skills already so I don't think a fifth one is really necessary. Besides, in Hippolyta's (Penthesilea doesn't have Divinity on her stat sheet as far as I'm aware) case there's no mention of her mother contributing to her Divinity, so I'm not clear on whether that part is even canon in the Nasuverse.

I thought about what you said on Military Tactics, but since she has the Skill already I think an Ares-buff makes sense. Besides, Ares could handle the tactical side of war too, he just preferred the violent smashy stuff.

Thanks for the feedback!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    Hmm the sheet is all together greate but the first noble phantasm sounds expensive for any one to reasonably afford. Not to mention buy during the process of a holy grail war maybe you can guide her the horses as a B rank noble phantasm that when sacrificed temporarily becomes the avatar of ares? But other then that one part it's awesome. Also maybe increase its rank by a plus parameter.
    The cost for her NP is a bit high, but it fits her legend and I wanted to make it more then your usual mount summon that practically every Rider has. Just pretend her Master owns some big fancy stable or something.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, do you think my new way of writing Personality is neater then the old one?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pent actually has Divinity at rank B.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Pent actually has Divinity at rank B.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes
    You're right. I looked it up but missed it because it was listed as a Class Skill for some reason. Damn you Grand Order!

- - - Updated - - -

Added Divinity at rank B.

Blog Entries
    BTW, does anybody know any good hunters of Artemis that could be Heroic Spirits? I kind of want to do a hunter of Artemis Servant (even got a neat NP idea), but I can't find any who'd be famous enough to qualify...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There’s Camilla but she’s a follower of Diana, the roman rip off of Artemis. There’s Callisto, the bear to Atalanta’s cat. Failing which there is her daughter Aradia

I mean there's Actaeon but uh

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Saber
    Orestes

Alignment: Chaotic Good/Lawful Neutral
    STR: C
    END: D
    AGI: B
    MAG: C
    LUCK: C+
    NP: A

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (B):
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. A B rank cancels spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.

Riding (C): A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding. Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills

Evaporation of Sanity (B-):
    A skill that denotes one’s reason is disappearing. However, through madness a kind of instinct is given, allowing the bearer to unwittingly be able to sense and follow the most optimal course in combat. The user is careless with important information, such as carelessly revealing his true name, or forgetting how to use his Noble Phantasms. Orestes’s reason has been permanently damaged due to the curse of the Furies, however he regains his it to a certain extent in the presence of people he loves, such as Electra and Pylades.

Affections of the Gods (C):
    A Skill that denotes one being loved by one or more of gods. Orestes’s blessing comes from both Apollo and Athena, the gods who sent him to kill Clytemnestra and argued passionately for his acquittal after suffering from the curse of the Furies as retribution for killing his mother. All parameters except Luck and Mana are ranked up.

Purification of Innocence (A+): After his innocence was declared during his trial on the Acropolis, Orestes was cleansed of his guilt, and, more than that, the curse that had plagued the House of Atreus for generations. The act of being cleansed by a divine being, it is a ritual purification that washes away curses and all negative status penalties. Though a time-consuming ritual, it can remove any continuous negative effect that plagues Orestes of an equal or lower rank.

Noble Phantasm

Court of Themis
    Judgement of the Twelve

Anti-Crime, A+: The Noble Phantasm of Orestes as a Saber class Servant, the sword and scales that are the symbols of office of the Titan Themis, goddess of law and divine justice, the judgements of whom no-one, god or mortal, can defy. Bestowed on Orestes as a manifestation of the legend of his trial, whereafter suffering the retribution of the Furies, he desperately prayed for salvation. Thus Athena organised a hearing before the twelve Olympians to determine whether or not he deserved acquittal. Though the vote was split six to six, he was declared innocent and cleansed of his crimes.
    Thus, as one who has experienced both guilt and innocence, he has become an instrument of divine justice. Upon declaring this Noble Phantasm, the target is confined in a cage, and their souls are searched for all actions, good and evil, performed throughout the accused’s life. The Twelve then cast their votes, with a minimum of seven votes required for a guilty verdict. If the target is acquitted, they are cleansed of guilt and are subject to the Purification of Innocence skill. If, however, they are found guilty, then the true sword of Themis will unavoidably strike them down, a scorching blast of light that falls from heaven, executing them on the spot.
    Due to the laws of double jeopardy, this Noble Phantasm can only be used once on a target.

Orestes also possesses the Axe of Hippolyta, however due to a combination of Evaporation of Sanity and class restrictions, he is unable to draw out its power, leaving it as a mundane weapon.

Lore
    Dislikes: Snakes, Regret
    Natural talents: Helping people
    Natural Enemy: Clytemnestra, Neoptolemus

The third and youngest child, and only son, of Agamemnon and Clytemnestra. He was just a baby when his father sailed for Troy, and after Agamemnon was murdered, he was smuggled out of Mycenae by his sister Electra, who raised him at the court of King Strophius of Phocis with the intention of using him as a weapon to kill their treacherous other father. Growing up in Phocis, Orestes fell in love with Strophius’s son Pylades, and the two would remain close all their lives. At the age of twenty he returned to Mycenae and killed Clytemnestra and his consort Aegisthus. For the crime of killing a parent, he was subjected to endless torment by the Furies, before his eventual trial and acquittal. He became king of Mycenae, and married Princess Hermione of Sparta (after killing Neoptolemus in a dispute over her hand), but his true loves were Electra and Pylades (who were also married by this point).

Raised to be a sword by Electra, she made sure to keep his mindset of a weapon and nothing more, with nothing more than anger and the desire for revenge, however Pylades’s influence caused him to feel positive emotions for the first time. In this respect, it could be said that Pylades represents his love and Electra his hatred. It would be untrue to say that Electra did not care about him, however, and she cared for him during his punishment. Only after his trial did Orestes finally have the freedom to become his own person. Due to his experiences, he adores the ideal of justice and truly believes that only the guilty suffer and the innocent are spared. He does not deny his own guilt, and due to the mercy shown to him, he will always reach out a hand to someone who truly longs for redemption.
    Last edited by asterism42; December 27th, 2017 at 08:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    I mean there's Actaeon but uh
    Never mind, I've already picked someone anyway. It's funny though, as I have thought of doing Actaeon as well (with an "accidental pervert" Skill).

- - - Updated - - -

That's a pretty cool Orestes sheet. By the way, I think he'd get along really well with the next Servant I have in the works...

Um isn't Artemis already part of the fate franchise?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    She's Orion's sugar mommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Ok, well time to get to work on some Persian heroes. Any good Persian servants I could look at for reference.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    Ok, well time to get to work on some Persian heroes. Any good Persian servants I could look at for reference.
    Not to brag, but I've done a few.

Thank you.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Source

Class: Saber
    Alternate Class(es): N/A
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Region: Ireland – Ulster Mythos

Height/Weight: 176cm/68kg
    Dislikes: Those who abuse authority, Entitled men
    Talent: Composing music, Animal tending
    Natural Enemy: Diarmuid, Lancelot, Conchobar mac Nessa
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Male, Humanoid, Servant, Weak to Enuma Elish, Brynhildr’s Beloved?
    Armament: Sword

Parameters:

STR: B
    END: B
    AGI: A
    MGI: C
    LCK: E
    NP: B

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: E
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Reduces damage and effectiveness of spells somewhat. Although the class container typically possesses high resistance, Saber was famously overcome by magic and resulted in his death, resulting in a remarkably low rank.

Riding: B
    Denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding. All vehicles and all creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts.

Personal Skills:

Eye of the Mind (True): B

A heightened capacity for observation, refined through training, discipline and experience. A danger-avoidance ability that utilises the intelligence collected up to the current time as the basis in order to predict the opponent’s activity and change the current situation. This is not a result of talent, but an overwhelming amount of combat experience. A weapon wielded by none other than a mortal, gained through tenacious training. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.

Harp of Healing: C

Also known as Harp Performance, a Skill that gives the user the ability to exorcise evil spirits and heal others by playing a melody with a harp. It can charm allies or even animals. Saber is capable of restoring the physical and mental vitality of his allies alongside bolstering their abilities. This allows him to take both a lead and support role in combat.

Unyielding Will: A

A Skill that represents one's extremely firm will that never yields to any sort of agony, despair or circumstances. As a man who willingly threw himself into a battle just to give his love a greater chance to escape, the boost he gains will be significantly greater if in acting in order to ‘Save Someone’ he cares for. He possesses resistance against physical and mental damage. However, said resistance will not hold against attacks that aim at beguiling or for example ensnaring with paralysis. There is a famous anecdote where Saber and his two brothers almost fought off the entire Ulster military force by themselves even at a handicap.

Rune Magic: -

A Skill that denotes one having possession of Runes - the Magic Crest of Northern Europe. As a Knight of the Red Branch, he received basic tutorship in the art, however due to his distaste for magic has caused him to purposefully seal this skill, seeing no use in it now.

“They’re too troublesome and good-for-nothing. I’m a Saber, not a Caster so what’s the point?”

Noble Phantasms

Gouging Blade of the Wind
    Fragarach

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1~10
    Max Targets: 1

A famous Noble Phantasm in Celtic mythology. Originally, the short sword belonged Manannan mac Lir before being passed down to Lugh and then gifted from Manannan to Saber. It is a powerful weapon with several enchantments to it. Said to "Cut through any armour", it automatically bypasses any defences that are not a Noble Phantasm. It is capable of controlling the winds and in its base form compressed winds into super-high pressure air with a massive amount of magical energy, which distorts the light around the blade.

This application both hides the identity of the weapon and thus any connection to Saber as well as making it difficult for the opponent to deduce the length of the blade in combat. However it can also be used as an attack with the winds turning into a projectile weapon and fire a blade of super pressurised air called, although it can only be used once at the cost of the sheath of wind around the blade and having to charge by reconstructing its cover and this attack reveals the blade for a moment, allowing it to be seen.

The next enchantment is of 'Immobilisation and Truth', when the blade is held to a targets throat, they can neither lie nor move however if the target has a skill that allows them to resist mental interference regardless of rank then they are not affected. In addition this third enchantment does not work on servants with 'Mad Enhancement' due to them not possessing the clarity to answer.

That Which Cuts Last Comes First
    Answerer

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1~30
    Max Targets: 1

The mightiest enchantment upon the blade Fragrach. Therefore it is not truly a separate Noble Phantasm, but a separate ability of the sword. It is an "Ace-Killing Joker" and the ultimate counter to the "Trump Card". Once the foe launches their strongest attack, the blade is launched towards the enemy whilst rewriting causality to make sure it fires first. An ability that uses one's own life as bait to counter with a one-turn instant kill that would void the attack of the opponent.

Against passive trump-like abilities that are constantly active it can be used against them at any time while if used on a Rider class servant, it would likely destroy their mount if that was the Noble Phantasm. It can be used without the 'Answerer' effect but attack power is greatly reduced and equivalently just a bolt of light and would lack power against servants. The ability Toole Fragarach: Gouging Great Sword of the War God that uses three successive strikes of Fragarach without its countering ability against the enemy can also be used at triple the mana cost. A useful ability in a class that has trouble with long ranged attacks, Saber is actually more than happy to use this attack despite its ‘inelegance’ he will say.

Lore

Naoise was a Knight of the Red Branch famous for his skill and for being the most beautiful man in the nation, such as it was Manannan mac Lir of the Tuatha de Danann gifted him Fragarach for his personal use.

Runaway Romance

He became the envy of nearly every man in Ulster, especially the king Conchobar mac Nessa. It all fell apart however, when he met the ‘Maiden of Chaos’ Deirdre. She was forcibly betrothed to the king and the most beautiful woman of the lands and naturally the two fell in love. Choosing loyalty to his heart over that of a perverted and incompetent king, the two absconded – fleeing from quiet town to quiet town till they settled in Scotland for a while. Through deception, the couple were tricked into returning to Ulster where they were caught in an ambush. Saber fought off the army of the king to the best of his ability but he was eventually overwhelmed, immobilised, then struck down like a common criminal. Deirdre was captured by Conchobar and rather than submit to her abuser – committed suicide by leaping out of a chariot and dashing her skull against a rock face. The lovers were buried side by side, and two yew trees with entwined branches grew from their graves.

This action would cause Fergus mac Roich, his foster father to defect to the nation of Connacht and began a long chain of events that indirectly caused the deaths of the hero Cu Chulainn, Fergus and eventually Conchobar himself.

Character

Tragic Romance

A solemn and tragic man who can be said to be ‘always looking sad but beautiful at the same time’. He is of a similar manner to the likes of Diarmuid, Lancelot and Tristan whom his legend became their model. However unlike them he possesses a loyalty complex to a different disposition, he is loyal to his heart and whoever may rule that will rule him. He can recognise the fault in enemies and allies alike and if pushed, will abandon his commander, perhaps even betray should he find them foul enough.

Hypocrite

In combat, his preferred tactic is to purposefully draw out a fight, wait for them to use their trump card and then activate Fragarach which will all but certainly strike his foe down. Should his enemy attempt to flee, he will use Answer instead to slay his foe as they run.

Although as a Knight he does have his honour, he knows standing firm to it will only result in a sticky end. However despite now accepting the use of sneak attacks and otherwise foul play should the need arise he cannot stand those insist he is ‘Superior’ to him however he cannot stand those who rely on backhanded tactics and sees himself as better than they are. He is, in essence, an authoritative figure that nonetheless has a problem with authority.

Wish

He claims his wish is to place Fergus on the throne, however with a compatible master, he will admit wanting to reunite with Deirdre. If his Master is female, he may end up developing some feelings but he absolutely refuses to engage with anyone else romantically, his heart belongs to someone else.

He also gets through a lot of shampoo and hair conditioner.

Relationships

Deirdre: The love of his life. Though he may fall for another whilst summoned as a servant, no one could compare to her in his eyes. He is aware she is a Maiden of chaos whose woe and tragedy resulted in his death but he is fine with that. He is somewhat horrified to say the least that she has manifested as an Avenger and very concerned for her mental state, trying to give her the unconditional love and support she needs.

Fergus:
    Fergus was his foster father and the two have a very strong familial bond. He sees him as something of a paragon – faults and all. Given that Fergus’ son died for Naoise and Fergus began his rebellion afterwards in his name, he feels bound to serve the man because he wants so but not because he has to. Refers to him as his father and in Chaldea will see Cu Chulainn and even Scathach as extended family.

Medb:
    Naoise never met Medb in life but given that Fergus serves her, he feels that she is his de-facto boss as the superior to his superior. Although he will refuse to submit to her seductions and flirtations, they would quickly bond over mutual hatred of a certain former puppet king.

Conchobar mac Nessa:
    The one Naoise hates most of all. He will act amicable enough and claim that he has let go of his past grievance but it becomes painfully obvious what his true intentions are and can usually be seen giving him a death stare. Although he will not openly attempt to kill the man, he will voice to his master: “He may be a younger soul now but I know what he’s capable of doing, he will ruin you and everything you love if it is even a minor convenience for him to do so. Say the word and he’s already dead.”

Siegfried:
    He possesses the same role in legend, the great hero who is killed off to further the legend of a woman. Naoise has great respect for the man but is concerned for his low level of self-worth.

Diarmuid/Lancelot/Tristan: “Get a hold of yourself! And you call yourself a knight? If your king is really so awful then slice his throat and be done with it all!”

Bond CE

Groom of Deirdre

“When I first met her, she said ‘The man I’m destined to love; hair as back as a raven’s wing, cheeks as red as blood, skin as pale as the snow.’ It sounds like a prince describing the princess as the fairest in all the land in a fairy tale. It seems a bit overdramatic for my tastes but she was a dramatic woman. Surely it’s on the inside that matters though. That’s why we fell so hard for each other.”

"... I miss her."

Creators Notes:

I considered making this guy for /Reclamation but I knew I couldn't quite do everything I wanted for him and there was another idea I liked more. The FC is the same Final Fantasy XV character that asterism42 picked because frankly he was the best choice hands down despite looking around. I carried over the Fragarach stuff from Deirdre because if I'm gonna rip off anybody it may as well be myself. Aside from Cu, this guy is up there with my favourite Ulster figures as the No1 consumer of Respecting Women Juice.

Comments and critique are cool.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; December 28th, 2017 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Chicken based typo

Blog Entries
    Naoise: The personality and Skills are good, but unfortunately his NPs are pretty generic and like every other Naoise sheet I've seen. Other then the sword though, I can't really think of anything else to give him NP-wise so maybe it can't be helped. There's also a typo in his personality where he's said to be accepting the use of "fowl" play. Unless you meant to say he's playing with chickens, I'm guessing that was supposed to be "foul".