Page 732 of 858 FirstFirst ... 232632682722727730731732733734737742782832 ... LastLast
Results 14,621 to 14,640 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I know that the ideas are there to be picked by anyone, but by all means, please don't

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    For Eiffel, if his NP isn't just dropping the tower on someone then frankly I'm going to be disappointed.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Throwing monumets to you is Ozy's job

FC

Class: Archer
    Alternate Classes: Gunner
    True Name: Jesse James
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Source: History
    Origin: The Wild West

Parameters:

Strength: D
    Endurance: C
    Agility: C
    Mana: E
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: B

Biography
    Jesse James was a notorious outlaw and robber who led the James-Younger Gang on a series of daring robberies throughout the West. Beginning his career as a guerilla fighter for the Confederacy, James took part in an event known as the Centralia Massacre, during which his group stopped a train containing unarmed Union soldiers and executed twenty-two of them, even going so far as to scalp and dismember their victims. Following the war, James joined his fellow comrades in becoming outlaws - claiming to be fighting for the people by robbing banks, even though these were small local establishments and thus their robberies only hurt the people they claimed to be helping. Numerous civilians were killed during these crimes, including the mayor of one town James visited.

James truly came into the spotlight following he and his brothers robbery of the Daviess County Savings Association, where he shot an innocent cashier who he mistook for someone who had shot and killed a comrade of his during the Civil War. Historical records denounce this crime, stating “The history of Daviess County has no blacker crime in its pages than the murder of John W. Sheets.” James, however, took advantage of the fame his crimes were giving him by forming an alliance with a prominent newspaper owner, having them publish many letters for him declaring his innocence and his remaining Confederate loyalty.

The James-Younger Gang, the most prominent group James was a part of, was formed through a partnership between himself and fellow outlaw Cole Younger. The crimes this gang embarked on escalated to the level of train robberies, with James targeting the express safe aboard the train, rather than passengers. This wasn’t a sign of moral virtue, however - rather, it was a step taken to allow himself to be presented as a Robin Hood figure who stole from the rich and gave from the poor. There is no evidence that such charity ever actually happened.

As James’ crimes became more notorious, a rivalry began to grow between himself and the founder of the Pinkerton National Detective Agency, Allan Pinkerton, who took on James’ case as a personal vendetta following the deaths of several detectives. A Pinkerton raid on the James family farm, organized by Allan Pinkerton, resulted in the death of James’ younger brother, only increasing the hatred between them. Furthermore, the people - enamoured by James’ charm - denounced this action, and support within the government subsequently made catching James even more difficult.

The beginning of the end came for Jesse James when the James-Younger Gang attempted to rob the First National Bank of Northfield, Minnesota. The attempted robbery was an utter disaster, and only Jesse and his brother escaped alive and free. Frank James retired from the outlaw business, but Jesse could not leave the life of a criminal behind. Surfacing again with a new gang, he attempted to resume his robberies - but the new gang had neither the skill nor the camaraderie that the James-Younger Gang had, and they quickly fell apart.

At the end of his life, Jesse James was left in despair. He had only two allies left, Charley and Robert Ford, and they planned to betray him for the reward money. On April 3rd, 1882, James disarmed himself, went to adjust a painting on the wall, and was shot in the back of the head by Robert Ford. It is unknown whether James knew he would be betrayed and accepted it, or if this was a genuine moment of weakness. Despite his bloody crimes and numerous murders, the public continued to view Jesse James as a hero of the people even after his death, and the man who had killed him was seen as a cowardly assassin.

Personality
    Archer is a man who does as he pleases. He knows he is greedy, that this is wrong, but he simply doesn’t care. He knows he is wrathful, that this is wrong, but he simply doesn’t care. He knows that he is monstrous, that this is wrong, but he simply doesn’t care. It can be said that he is a man who has fully understood and accepted himself, despite the dark nature of that understanding.

He wears the persona of a ‘hero of the people’ with a mocking edge, as if to say ‘how could you be so stupid as to fall for this?’. He will speak the words of a hero, and strike the poses, but never take action befitting of such a person. If he were to see an innocent woman tied to some train tracks, for example, he would only laugh to himself and watch what happens.

Despite his vicious nature, his charisma and natural enthusiasm is such that people cannot help but be pulled into his rhythm and be awed at his exploits. This is how he became known as a hero, after all. He can smile with genuine friendship, and stab you in the back without a second thought. This does not mean that his friendship was false - only that the benefits of betraying you outweighed the benefits of staying loyal to you.

The only crack in his facade is his paranoia, which bleeds through even when he wears the mask of a hero. Having died through betrayal in his life, he is constantly on the watch for traitors in his midst - and he is more than willing to take precautionary action against anyone he suspects.

Skills
    Class Skills:

Independent Action: B
    Even following the demise of his gang, Archer continued operating without a care. Reflecting this, it is possible for Archer to stay in the world for two days without a Master. However, this is the ideal value achieved by maximally conserving mana and avoiding battle and Noble Phantasm usage.

Magic Resistance: E
    As a Servant from an age in which Mystery was fading away, Archer naturally has a low rank of Magic Resistance. In fact, the only reason he has even this much is due to his class container.

Personal Skills:

Hero of the People: B
    A composite skill which includes low ranks of Charisma and Innocent Monster. The ability to have one’s deeds be ‘just’, no matter what they are. No matter what Archer does, it will be seen as the righteous actions of a hero. It takes significant mental strength for an individual to avoid this perception, and see Archer as he truly is. When first encountered, Archer’s Alignment will be seen as Chaotic Good.

Golden Rule (Criminal): C
    The ability to gather resources as they are needed. When Archer is in need of money, opportunities to attain it will appear before him. These opportunities will require criminal actions on his part to fulfill them - but that’s just the way Archer likes it, of course.

Marksmanship: B
    Although Archer was not a prodigy of the gun on par with Billy the Kid, as an outlaw of the west who once served with the Confederate Army, his skill with the pistol is still superb, to be sure. At this level, it allows accurate aiming even while riding a moving horse.

Riding: C+
    Only horses can be ridden with above-average skill. This does not bother Archer any, however, as he says he has no need to ride anything else.

Noble Phantasms
    Noble Phantasms
    Demons of the West
    The James-Younger Gang

(Anti-Unit) C
    Range 1-100
    Maximum Number of Targets: 6

A ‘buff’ Noble Phantasm that can be used on allies to improve their capabilities. The James-Younger Gang can be used on both other Servants and normal humans, granting them a copy of Archer’s B-Rank Marksmanship skill. Note that this Noble Phantasm does not improve physical parameters in any way - a human will remain a human, and a Servant will remain a Servant. They will simply be better at shooting things.

The true power of this Noble Phantasm is its potential for gathering magical energy. After being granted Marksmanship, affected individuals will quickly be drained of magical energy, which is passed directly to Archer. Affected Servants will survive for a varying amount of time - depending on their mana stores - but regular humans will likely last only a few hours. The James-Younger Gang is extremely efficient when it comes to its draining, eventually emptying the host body of every last scrap of mana.

Archer generally doesn’t let people know about the second part, as the Marksmanship granted by this Noble Phantasm can be discarded at any time - and the draining effect with it. In life, Archer was the heart of his gang - and in his mind, the only member that truly mattered. This Noble Phantasm is a reflection of that perspective.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
    That Dirty Little Coward

(Anti-Unit) B
    Range 1-10
    Maximum Number of Targets: 100

After assassinating Jesse James, the remainder of Robert Ford’s life was a miserable affair. Decried as a cowardly assassin by the public, Ford found little glory or reward for taking the outlaw’s life. Eventually, he was shot and killed by a man who walked into his tent with a shotgun. Nobody ever discovered why the man did it, and his act was celebrated by the public. Truly, the legend of Jesse James is one that lashes out against those who harm it.

That Dirty Little Coward is a curse that is automatically afflicted against those who damage Archer, inflicting a level of ‘misfortune’ upon them proportionate to the amount of damage they inflicted upon Archer. This misfortune can be mitigated somewhat with high Luck, but even at high levels it can be severe indeed. One who goes so far as to kill Archer is likely doomed as well from the moment the killing blow lands.

In contrast to his other Noble Phantasm, Archer enjoys letting people know about this one. He can do whatever he pleases, while anyone who acts against him is punished.

Theme

Lines
    Summon: “Why, howdy there. Heheh. You’re a lucky one, ain’t ya? Hero of the West, Jesse James, signing in!”

Level-Up: “Takes the edge off.”

Ascension 1: “Heheh, thank you kindly.”

Ascension 2: “You sure know how to treat a fella right. I’ll put this to good use.”

Ascension 3: “Our gang’s getting to be the strongest around, ain’t it? I’ve got you to thank.”

Ascension 4: “It’s you and me against the world, Master. I sure do owe you a lot. You keep looking after me, and I’ll be sure to take care of you. ...heheh.”

-

Battle Start 1: “Almost feel sorry for ya.”

Battle Start 2: “We got a job to do, boys!”

Skill 1: “That’s the stuff.”

Skill 2: “Heheh, gimme a sec.”

Command Card 1: “Sure thing.”

Command Card 2: “Bang, bang!”

Command Card 3: “Going for it!.”

Noble Phantasm Card: “Y’all just made a mistake.”

Attack 1: “Drop dead!”

Attack 2: “Heheheheh!.”

Attack 3: “See ya!”

Extra Attack: “You’re not too lucky, are ya?”

Noble Phantasm: “For he ate of Jesse's bread and he slept in Jesse's bed, and he laid poor Jesse in his grave. That Dirty Little Coward! Heheheheh, hahahahahaha!”

Damage 1: “Son of a bitch...”

Damage 2: “Argh!”

Incapacitated 1: “I’ll be seeing you real soon…”

Incapacitated 2: “Don’t worry … heroes never die like this...”

Victory 1: “Never stood a chance.”

Victory 2: “Thank you, thank you! Hold your applause!”

-

Bond Level 1: “Listen. I’m gonna be calling the shots from now on, okay?”

Bond Level 2: “‘Course, I’m always willing to listen to good ideas. Don’t be shy just ‘cause it sounds stupid in your head.”

Bond Level 3: “Fella’s gotta have a gang around him. People to cheer for him when he wins, and to shoot at the other side if he loses. Don’t you agree?”

Bond Level 4: “I can see it in your eyes, Master. You’re sick of doing as you’re told, ain’t ya? Why don’t we just go a little wild?”

Bond Level 5: “Stick with me, kid. I’ll steer you right. You’re good enough to stand by my side. And I trust ya, too. Make sure I don’t find no reason to doubt that trust, okay?”

Dialogue (Robin Hood): “Steal from the rich and give to the poor? Heheh. Well, that fella might say he does that, but I know his game. Can’t fool me.”

Dialogue (Billy the Kid): “That who I think it is? The famous gunslinger? Huh … think he’s looking for a gang to ride with?”

Dialogue (Allan Pinkerton): “You got some nerve, showing your face to me, Pinkerton … c’mere, I’ll take it off for ya.”

Likes: “What I like? Well, what fella doesn’t like a few dollars in his pocket? That’s just natural. Can’t look down on a fella for going after what he likes.”

Dislikes: “What I don’t like? Cowards. You gonna shoot me, you shoot me in the front, okay? ‘Course, I’m not obliged to do the same, heheh.”

The Holy Grail: “The Holy Grail … yeah, that sounds mighty interesting. Wouldn’t mind a wish on that baby. I’d be sure to share it with the people, too, unlike some of these other Servants. You have my word on that.”

Event: “There's a ruckus outside. You ready to ride?”

Birthday: “Your birthday? Well, why didn’t you say so?! Come on, partner, let’s get a drink! What? You’re underage? Ah, don’t worry about it!”

Bond 10 CE: "Surrender"
    It’s said that that man never put his guns down. He would bathe with them by his side, sleep with them strapped to him, and ride with them never far from his hands.

With those guns, he bled a river of blood. With that blood, he wrote a legend onto history. But it all began with those guns. Mother and father, brother and sister. He loved them more than he loved his own flesh and blood. They were the ones who gave him a place in this world. His ‘proof of existence’.

One day, he put those guns down. He wouldn’t need them anymore.

“Don’t that picture look dusty.”
    Last edited by Tanhony; January 13th, 2019 at 06:46 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pretty cool sheet, but is there supposed to be some kind of collapse text around the Class-card image? As is the only way I can see the FC is by clicking the link you gave.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Pretty cool sheet, but is there supposed to be some kind of collapse text around the Class-card image? As is the only way I can see the FC is by clicking the link you gave.
    There wasn't, but it's probably best to tweak it so there is! Thanks for the suggestion.

Legendary Eagle of the Pacific

Information:
    True Name: Enterprise
    Class: Rider

Alternate Classes: None

Source: America, Historical Fact

Alignment: Lawful Good

Attribute: Man

Armament: Firearms

Dislikes: War

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: B
    Agility: D
    Mana: E
    Luck: A

Biography
    The legendary carrier that serviced during the Pacific War, the seventh US Navy vessel to bear the name "Enterprise" and the sixth aircraft carrier of the United States. One, if not the most famous ship of the Allied Forces that participated in the majority of the war's major conflicts and a popular icon among modern media.

Being involved in more operations against the Imperial Japanese Navy than any other United States vessel including the Attack of Pearl Harbor at the begging of the Pacific War, The Battle of Midway, Eastern Solomon and the Islands of Santa Cruz . The first ship to ever sink an enemy vessel, and was one of the few ships to survive till the very end of the war among other major accomplishments earning her the moniker of "Lucky E" due to her immense skill and luck in every engagement she participated in and was at one point the only operational US carrier. As such she was given twenty battle stars, the most out of any US vessel to do service during that time. So extreme were her contributions that for a majority of the war was jokingly labeled as "Enterprise VS Japan".

With so many accomplishments it was heavily debated that if not for the Enterprise the entire Pacific War would've had a much different outcome. The tales of the "invincible carrier" began to spread. The ship that managed to dodge a fire of torpedoes, the first carrier to be sortied and capable of doing night operations... As such the name carrier Enterprise became more than a carrier but a symbol of impossibility, a legend and beacon of hope during the war's darkest hours.

But even legends are born to fade. The Enterprise, said to be heavily outdated even during the final days of the war was deemed surplus and was decommissioned. Numerous attempts to preserve the legacy of the carrier were attempted by her former crew but plans were suspended and attempts to transform the carrier and into a museum weren't able to push through due to lack of funds. In the end she was scrapped and the legend that was Lucky E was no more.

However as the title of "Captain of the Enterprise" had switched hands multiple times, no single person who took charge of the vessel could encompass all of her exploits in its entirety. It is more so that her actions were attributed to Enterprise alone, all of her captains, her crew and her squadron that deployed with her are all essential parts to what makes up her legend. As such the Servant "Enterprise" was born. Recorded in the Throne of Heroes not as an actual figure in history but a manifestation of all the achievements that Enterprise has ever done, a literal personification of the ship born from the tales that the legendary carrier performed at sea, the hero of the Allied Forces during the Pacific War.

Personality
    As a Servant, Enterprise takes the form of the ideal captain. Strong-willed, courageous and filled with seemingly endless determination. She is a figure who laughs at the face of impossible odds as according to her "Impossibilities at sea are merely things I haven't tried yet!". Though this boastful persona is merely an act to keep spirits high and to instill hope among her comrades. Though reliable the so called "invincible carrier" is not without her limits. And deeply rooted within her is an immense desire for the fighting to end, as a figure who was there at the beginning of the war and was there at its inevitable conclusion her heart aches for those who have fallen, that she failed to protect. For the mantle of the invincible carrier who seemingly took on a majority of the war is both a blessing and a curse, with so much expectations riding on her she feels like it is her duty to protect all those around her, that every mistake is her fault and every lose is hers and hers alone...

Thanks to the unique properties of her Noble Phantasm she can afford to be a bit more liberal in its usage without fear of her existence being discovered though due to her unique existence one can argue it would be difficult for one to accurately deduce that she is merely a manifestation of the Enterprise's legend. She can also use her Noble Phantasm for scouting and surprise attacks and her ability shines when swarming grounded opponents from the air and in general having great aerial superiority. She also possess basic military grade firearms though they are nothing special.

Her wish for the Holy Grail is to prevent World War II from ever happening. As though her side "won" the battle, in her eyes there are no winners to war, only survivors. Though she has no regrets fighting for the sake of her country she also understands that the opponents on the other side are merely doing the same thing. When such topics arise it is said that Enterprise can become surprisingly cynical, saying among the lines of "We are merely tools, both them and me. In the end do sides truly matter if we are to be discarded all the same?". This is actually the true Enterprise showing through, the one who fought for everything she believed in and yet was tossed aside at the end, almost as if all she did didn't matter. She doesn't regret doing it but for someone to suffer the same fate such as her... To prevent such a thing from happening she is more than willing to go through one more war.​

Skills
    Class Skills

Magic Resistance: D
    Also known as "Anti-Magic" is a skill that rejects magical based attacks made against the user, canceling spells all together if the rank is high enough. At a rank of D, Rider's magic resistance is negligible allowing her to cancel spells with a single verse.

Personal Skills

Voyager of the Storm: EX
    The talent to sail vessels recognized as ships. Because the ability as a group leader is also necessary, this unique Skill also has the effects of both Charisma and Military Tactics. Due to Rider's unique existence as a manifestation of a vessel's legend given form this skill has essentially become part of her very being. A figure who embodies a ship down to its very core, with a captain as her body, the crew as her blood and the vessel as her soul she can ride any ship, even those that "come from the future" though one has to argue if this is truly due to her unique existence or modern media taking an effect...

Unyielding Will: B
    The representation of one's unbreakable will. In her case she was a figure who was present at the beginning of the Pacific War, there to witness its darkest hours and went on countless battles, outliving her two sisters and being one of three carriers to make it out intact yet despite everything she saw her resolve remained unbroken. Her will is one born from her ability to see even the most grueling wars to its inevitable conclusion. As such she gains a resistance against both physical and mental damage.

Twenty Star Glory: B
    The twenty battle stars under Rider's name and the most among any US ship during the second World War. A testament to both Rider's unrivaled skill and incredible luck during her service to the point she earned the moniker Lucky E by the Allies, the invincible ship that sought victory no matter the odds. As such she gains a boost to parameters and advantage to all checks during naval combat.

Noble Phantasm

Venerable Vessel that Changes the Tide of Battle
    Ghost of the Soaring Eagle

Spoiler:

(Anti-Army): B
    Range: 2 ~ 50
    Maximum No. of Targets:
    *Equal to the Amount of Planes​

"Everyone to their battle-stations! All hands on deck, let us show them the power of the ship that defies even fate itself! Behold - The Enterprise!"

The Noble Phantasm of Rider that embodies not just her legend but the very essence of Rider's being. It is said to be a symbol that represents the entirety of the Pacific War from the side of the United States. The ship that was there at the beginning during the attack on Pearl Harbor and was one of the few that survived until the very end. Winning countless battles no matter the odds, a literal ship of impossibilities, the scourge of the Imperial Japanese Navy.

When deployed the ship seemingly comes from absolute nowhere may it be on land, at sea or flying in the air, a ghost ship that takes on the appearance of the legendary carrier itself: "USS Enterprise (CV-6)". As though the Allies called her the Lucky E the Japanese Navy had a much different name for her, the infamous "Grey Ghost" that refused to die, born from the fact that it was labeled as sunk three times throughout the Pacific War by the Japanese, coming back time and time again akin to a ghost. It also is much more advanced than it originally was though this could be attributed to popular modern culture influencing its design... From its flight deck it will continue to launch an endless barrage of fighters, seemingly futuristic recreations of the Fighter Squadron: The Grim Reapers that were deployed in many of Enterprise's battles. There is no limit to how many fighters the Noble Phantasm can create, as long as it remains standing it will continue to fight till the battle is won. She is also capable of summoning a single fighter at a much lower cost to attack and scout ahead without needing to summon the ship Enterprise.

Others:

My Room Lines

~General~​

[Summoned]: "Servant Rider, reporting for duty captain!"

[Likes]: "As long as a battle concludes without any casualties, no matter the outcome I believe that as a victory in my eyes"

[Dislikes]: "What I hate? War...and fire, especially back then at the harbor..."

[The Holy Grail]: "Perhaps if I had this back then, maybe I could've...!"

~Bond Lines~​

[Bond Level 1]: "Don't hesitate to ask me for anything you need help with. Rest assured you'll find me to be extremely dependable. If something is impossible just call me! After all it's probably only because I hadn't had a swing at it yet!"

[Bond Level 2]: "Why is my Noble Phantasm a spaceship you ask? Well... I'm not sure of the specifics either but I am certain it is due to that popular franchise...Star Wars?...Space Trek? Eh, it's not like it matters now."

[Bond Level 3]: "Fighting for what you believe in isn't a bad thing, I will never take back the actions I did on that day. I just can't help but wonder if I did them better then maybe less blood would've been shed...on both sides."

[Bond Level 4]: "After all this is over...I wonder if you too will suffer a similar fate to mine. If that happens... no, such a thing will never happen. After all, for someone like me, only I get to decide what is possible and what isn't!"

[Bond Level 5]: "Even if the end result is to be tossed aside in the end. I'm glad to have walked it down with you captain. Now come on! Our battle isn't over yet!"

~Servant Interaction~​

[Christopher Columbus] "The man who discovered America. To think he would be such a vile and despicable man who's determination is only surpassed by his pride! If your time was filled with rape and slavery allow me to show you what happens to people like you during mine."

[Thomas Edison]: "I'm sorry...the Presi-King? I mean I admire his enthusiasm but- Oh god the more I look the harder it is to takes this all seriously."

[EMIYA]: "Though the conclusion we arrived at was different I can see that we can relate to one another in more ways than one..."

Craft Essence

The Attack on Pearl Harbor

The flash of crimson, the smell of death... It was almost as if the very sea itself was ablaze.

Over two thousand reported killed and a thousand wounded. None of them could've foresaw what had just happened.

Twenty-one ships damaged...only only three were able to be repaired and be returned to service.

All of this - She saw it all, the lone carrier who had yet to make a name for herself. That was when everything changed...

The beginning of the war.​

Notes
    Changed heavily from the original one in SB which was up for about twenty minutes before I changed it. Looks cleaner all in all so I'm happy with it.
    Last edited by NominusAbdominus; March 31st, 2019 at 05:16 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I would assume that the end of her title is supposed to be "of the Pacific", denoting the Pacific Ocean. Her Magic Resistance's description also refers to the effect being C rank despite the actual Skill having rank D.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if Enterprise could have a Skill similar to Nero's Thrice-Setting Sun based on how the ship was declared sunk three times but kept coming back. Either way, this is an incredibly good sheet. Kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    I would assume that the end of her title is supposed to be "of the Pacific", denoting the Pacific Ocean. Her Magic Resistance's description also refers to the effect being C rank despite the actual Skill having rank D.
    Goddammit, should be fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I wonder if Enterprise could have a Skill similar to Nero's Thrice-Setting Sun based on how the ship was declared sunk three times but kept coming back. Either way, this is an incredibly good sheet. Kudos!
    Technically speaking Enterprise was the first ever servant I did and though didn't have a skill like Thrice-Setting Sun she did have this.

Ghost of the Soaring Eagle: B
    Earning the moniker "The Grey Ghost". Archer was labeled as "sunk" three times throughout the Pacific War by the Imperial Japanese Army, coming back time and time again akin to a "Ghost". When Archer is either in a losing battle, heavily injured or on the brink of death can "fake her death" by instilling the false notion of her demise on her enemies. When this happens all information regarding Archer's True Name, Abilities and Appearance is placed in the back of one's consciousness but is instantly recalled if they happen to see evidence regarding Archer's identity or the information is made relevant. The effect wears off on a target once the afflicted person realizes Archer is alive.

It was on the SB Crossover Servant thread and was for Azur Lane Enterprise hence why it's Archer...well the entire sheet down to the faceclaim is just AL Enterprise re-purposed, even the skill name I recycled for the NP.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Rider
    True Name: Takamori Saigō
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Origin: Japan (19th century)
    Armament: Sword

Parameters:
    STR: C
    END: B
    AGI: C
    MANA: E
    LUCK: D
    NP: B

Skills
    Class Skills

Magic Resistance - Rank E: Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cannot cancel spells, but magic damage is reduced somewhat. Though Saber hails from close enough to the modern era to not warrant a rank in Magic Resistance, his legendary status allows him enough Mystery for low resistance against magical effects.

Riding - Rank D: A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.
    Most vehicles and animals can be handled with average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills

Strategy - Rank C: The ability to seize things in the broader perspective, such as diplomacy and logistics, in order to decide victory before the fighting even begun.
    Being more of a strategist than a field commander, Saber still earned praise for his leadership.

Meiji Ishin - Innovation - Rank A: The version of Innovation possessed by Saber and his compatriots. It is a revolution based on returning to the old, reinvigorating tradition in the face of the new. It is in a sense a counter to Oda Nobunaga’s Tenka Fubu - Innovation.
    Meiji Ishin - Innovation confers advantages to those in Saber’s immediate vicinity based on their respective Mystery and age. This improvement affects parameters, Skills and Noble Phantasms alike, being greater the older and more possessed of Mystery the target is. Those existing as members of an institution, such as a ruling family line or an order of assassins will receive benefits based both on their personal qualities as well as those of the institution they represent.

Battle Continuation - Rank E+: A Skill that allows for the continuation of combat after sustaining mortal wounds. It will also reduce mortality rate from injury. This Skill represents the ability to survive and/or the mentality of one who doesn't know when to give up, consisting of one's strength of vitality in predicaments. It is also one of the powers of a vampire. The best result is achieved when a resilient body is combined with this Skill.
    Through tenacity, Saber can ignore the negative effects of most nonfatal injuries. It also confers him with additional resistance towards fear effects and mental interference effects attacking his will to fight.

Noble Phantasms
    Last Stand of the Samurai
    Shiroyama

Barrier, Rank A
    Saber’s primary Noble Phantasm, summoning the location of Saber’s final battle, Shiroyama. Not only does Shiroyama manifest a small mountain to act as a battleground as well as a refuge for Saber and his allies. In addition to its defensive power, Shiroyama also draws upon the legends of the samurai to empower allied forces.
    Shiroyama is capable of sustaining a great amount of damage and blocking attacks of up to C rank outright. In addition, having served as the final battleground of the last band of true samurai, Shiroyama imposes the Mystery of this legend on its defenders. Saber and his allies will manifest certain traits speaking of glory of the samurai, ghostly armor and weapons being superimposed on them. Though these apparitions do not quite serve as tangible equipment, they provide a plus modifier to offensive and defensive actions.
    In the case that Shiroyama’s defensive limit should be exceeded and the mountain falls, Saber and his allies are provided with a short-lived boost to their parameters, allowing them to lead a final, glorious charge against their opponent.

Comet Sword of Omen
    Suiseiken

Anti-Unit, Rank C+
    A Noble Phantasm that has as its basis something that only existed after Saber’s demise. It is said that in his final battle, Saber committed suicide and his head was hidden by his retainers, so that it would not fall into the hands of his enemies. Near the close of the 19th century, a comet was observed that supposedly bore Saber’s likeness, and it was said that his spirit had ascended to the heavens, and the appearance of the comet was an ill omen to his enemies.
    Suiseiken is a Noble Phantasm only usable at the moment of Saber’s death. Saber was never someone famed for his swordsmanship, but in his last moments he is able to transcend his limits and strike with all the skills of the era his death closed. Executing a simple yet pure overhead strike, Saber’s blade falls like the curtain marking the end of an age. Suiseiken strikes its opponent as though it was destined. As long as the target is in range, the strike cannot be evaded.
    Falling far short of an instant-kill Noble Phantasm, only the fact that Suiseiken connects is ensured by its effect. Due to occurring at the close of Saber’s life, he can freely utilize it as a Broken Phantasm, multiplying its offensive power many times over. Should Suiseiken successfully wound an opponent, a curse of misfortune will also be cast on the opponent. Though not particularly powerful, the curse permanently ranks down the target’s Luck parameter.

Description
    Dislikes: Surrender,
    corruption
    Western influence

Talents: Fighting against the odds, military matters
    Natural Enemy: Tokugawa Iemochi, Emperor Meiji

Saber’s true identity is Takamori Saigō, the Last Samurai.

Saigō is a personable, if slightly gruff figure. Lacking the sheer charisma or the brilliant mind of his two compatriots among the Three Great Nobles of the Restoration, he possesses a simple and pure quality of spirit that made many of his feats possible. Perhaps due to his strong association with the legacy of the samurai, Saigō embodies the tenets of bushido, being respectful and honest, possessing righteousness and courage and acting with benevolence, loyalty and honour.
    Not the sort of person to feel discouraged about defeats or lament his fate, believing that such things are for the heavens, not people, to decide. Thus, Saigō does not fear death, and believes heavily in destiny. Though his personal motto is “respect heaven and love people”, he is not without a warrior side. When committed to battle, he puts his all into fighting and believes heavily in strengthening one’s position through prowess in battle. This does not mean that he is without mercy, however, having famously accepted an opponent’s surrender to ensure a peaceful end to the Meiji Restoration.
    Saigō greatly respects Servants of Japanese and to a lesser extent other Far Eastern backgrounds, especially if they were famed for their military deeds. Though he understands the role of diplomats, scientists and artists, he is focused on martial prowess. Though he does not exactly dislike those of Western origins, he feels their ways are far too removed from the traditions of his homeland for there to be true understanding. Saigō believes that an exchange of culture would only result in corruption to both participants, to their detriment.
    As a Master is essentially a warrior’s liege, Saigō serves them with absolute loyalty. Should his and his Master’s natures clash, he is likely to simply formally protest rather than disobey outright. A Master of oriental origin would be perfect for him, and he would likely chafe to some extent under a Western one.
    Saigō’s wish to the Holy Grail is simply for the prosperity of Japan. There is no event in his life that he would wish to change, and he feels and his compatriots died worthy deaths. As such, he is content to wish for the well-being of his home.

Lore
    Takamori Saigō’s rise to prominence began in 1854 when he was recruited by Shimazu Nariakira, the progressive daimyō of the Satsuma domain (now Kagoshima Prefecture), to accompany him to the capital of Edo (now Tokyo). As a low-ranking official Saigō had dealt with bridge and road construction projects and rice inspection. However, he caught Nariakira’s attention with a series of memoranda on agricultural administration he submitted to the provincial government. Officially he was employed in Edo as a gardener, but his duties went beyond tending plants. While in the capital, Saigō made contact with major players among the imperial loyalists who opposed the shogunate. The outdoor job offered convenient cover for Nariakira and Saigō to meet and talk, sidestepping the obstacles they would otherwise face due to their wide difference in rank.
    Saigō rapidly built up a network of loyalists hailing from Mito (now Ibaraki Prefecture) and other domains. He won Nariakira’s trust with his straightforward and emotional nature, and over time the daimyō came to seek the younger man’s opinions. However, the situation began to change from 1857 when Abe Masahiro, a senior councilor in the shogunate who had helped ensure his close friend Nariakira’s succession as Satsuma daimyō, died. Nariakira himself died the following year and power in Satsuma passed to his younger brother Shimazu Hisamitsu who ruled as regent. Meanwhile, conservative politician Ii Naosuke seized effective control of the shogunate, launching major suppression of reformist forces.
    Grieving the loss of his protector Nariakira and facing tough political prospects, Saigō was determined to follow his master to the grave but was persuaded by Gesshō, the chief priest of a Kyoto temple, to flee together to Satsuma. Once there, however, they threw themselves into the sea at Kagoshima Bay. Gesshō drowned, but Saigō miraculously survived.
    Over the next five years Saigō endured successive periods of exile on the islands of Amami Ōshima and Okinoerabujima. On Amami, he was allowed a certain amount of freedom and he married a local woman. After a brief reprieve following his return from Amami, though, he was again exiled on a penal island after he angered Hisamitsu with critical words. This period of imprisonment became an opportunity for serious reflection on his life and shaped his character as a thoughtful man of firm principles.
    In 1864 Saigō reconciled with Hisamitsu and returned to the political center stage in Kyoto as commander of the Satsuma army. After repelling anti-shogunate forces from the Chōshū domain (now Yamaguchi Prefecture) as they attempted to enter the city, he was promoted to the level of high official. The event, known as the Hamaguri Gomon incident, was Saigō’s first experience of battle and leading an army. The same year, he became the chief of staff in the shogunate army sent to punish Chōshū. In 1866, however, Satsuma and Chōshū entered an alliance brokered by Sakamoto Ryōma. Saigō took charge of the opposition forces that would ultimately become soldiers of the new Meiji government.
    In January 1868, imperial loyalists led by Satsuma and Chōshū proclaimed the restoration of power from the shōgun to the emperor. Resistance by shogunate supporters sparked the Boshin War later that month. Although the conflict dragged on until the following year, a key victory for the Meiji troops came with the surrender of Edo Castle in the spring of 1868. With the fate of the city and the nation in peril were fighting to break out in Edo, Saigō entered the shogunate stronghold with just a handful of followers, seeking to negotiate. Surrounded by enemy soldiers, he faced the very real prospect of assassination. Discussion and cooperation between Saigō and shogunate leader Katsu Kaishū led to the peaceful handover of the castle, which has been hailed as a “bloodless surrender.”
    In 1871 Saigō joined the Meiji government and in 1873 he became army general. However, he resigned later that year after losing a debate over his advocated backing of a military expedition to Korea. He returned to his home in Kagoshima Prefecture, where he spent his time farming and hunting. In 1877, however, he was prevailed upon to lead an army of disgruntled samurai in the Satsuma Rebellion. Beaten back by government forces in battles across Kyūshū, the army made a final stand at Shiroyama in Kagoshima. Saigō committed suicide after his soldiers were defeated. He was 49.
    Saigō’s association with traditional values in a modernizing Japan is why he has been called the “last samurai.” Just 12 years after his failed rebellion, he was pardoned by the Meiji government.

Notes
    Saigō has been bouncing around my to-do list for far too long, though its only recently that I managed to work up something concrete when it comes to his abilities.
    Hope you like it, thoughts would be appreciated (though aren't they always).
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; January 14th, 2019 at 03:11 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    Greetings from the Mists of Avalon, this is my first post on the forum

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    Thank you for the warm welcome. While I won't be able to post any sheets, mostly due to being confined to a phone and lacking a substantial amount of confidence, I do have some ideas for servants

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Feel free to post your ideas. Others may pick them up and make new sheets. Welcome, Vance!

Well I do have an interesting concept: An Alter Ego made from the combination of our favorite loyal Greek doggos, Cerberus, Argus/Argos, and Laelaps along with Hachiko, the loyal Shibuya Station doggo who waited 9 long years for his long dead master. You guys can try to make a sheet out of it, though I recommend Alter Ego having Ephemeral Dream as a skill

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forum!
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Well I do have an interesting concept: An Alter Ego made from the combination of our favorite loyal Greek doggos, Cerberus, Argus/Argos, and Laelaps along with Hachiko, the loyal Shibuya Station doggo who waited 9 long years for his long dead master. You guys can try to make a sheet out of it, though I recommend Alter Ego having Ephemeral Dream as a skill
    ...Hm. That's a bit of a complicated idea, honestly, but it could be pulled off. I guess that Alter Ego could be given Unyielding Will, Battle Continuation, or something similar based on Hachiko and Argos waiting for many years for their masters, as well as for Laelaps being said to continue pursuing prey until she caught it, and Territory Defense for Cerberus being the guardian of the Underworld's gates. Not entirely sure what to do for the Noble Phantasms, but I have the ideas for based on Laelaps' paradoxical pursuit of the Teumessian fox and something based on Cerberus, possibly a transformation NP.

Though, might I ask why it would be given Ephemeral Dream? I'm not sure.

Servant Database (v2.0)

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If I could pull a combination of a 19th century sect leader with the Virgin Mary and Guanyin, anything can be pulled

Blog Entries
    Oh, yeah, that Oya-sama sheet from a while ago. That was a pretty good one, actually. Outlandish idea, but you did pull it off well.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets