Page 743 of 858 FirstFirst ... 243643693733738741742743744745748753793843 ... LastLast
Results 14,841 to 14,860 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I actually considered making Atlas's body a living world-pillar like Rhon, based on how he was the lynchpin of heaven and earth. But I couldn't really decide how that would work.
    I'd say make it something like Enkidu's Enuma Elish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    Well if you want to do some other Celtic warriors, Conall Cernach and Loegaire Buadachcould be good choices, they are from the same time period as Cú Chulainn.
    Speaking of the Irish, I was always tempted to make a Saber version of Fionn mac Cumhaill in the same vein as how Diarmuid got a Saber form, but with Fionn using Mac an Luin in its true unrestrained form of a sword.

I never did get around to it. Mainly because I couldn't think of a way to differentiate the Saber form enough to where it'd be interesting. Oh well...
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Speaking of the Irish, I was always tempted to make a Saber version of Fionn mac Cumhaill in the same vein as how Diarmuid got a Saber form, but with Fionn using Mac an Luin in its true unrestrained form of a sword.

I never did get around to it. Mainly because I couldn't think of a way to differentiate the Saber form enough to where it'd be interesting. Oh well...
    Someone should do a Berserker Fionn. He could have an NP based on how he accidentally created the Isle of Man by throwing giant freaking boulders at another giant.

- - - Updated - - -

So if anyone cares, I just gave my Archer Tugarin a new Skill called Unnatural Body that reflects how his body-constitution was so extraordinary he was mistaken for a dragon despite being a human knight (at least until gaining his transformation trinket). Somewhat inspired by the comment Shiki-pon made about his incredible size and girth.

Mainly I added it because I'm just finishing up my Alyosha Popovich sheet now and he has like five Skills, so I wanted to buff Tugarin a bit more so they'd be more worthy rivals.

Blog Entries
    Added another new Skill to Tugarin. Also expect a History section soon when I finish writing it up. Shiki was right that it was sorely necessary given how much my take on his backstory diverges from his "canon" legend.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I want to see Tugarin have an eating competition with Artoria. Hungry dragon knight vs hungry dragon knight, the duel of the year.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    I kind of want to try and do a Sir William Gull version of Jack the Ripper, but I'm insecure of how to set him apart from the other two.

My first idea for the character, as he was a medic and loyal follower to the Duke of Clarence, was for him to have a Skill of sorts that makes him more effective against Servants of humble origins, but much less so against those of regal backgrounds, as long as those are human and not divine in nature. 'Servant of the Crown'...?

There is also a story that says he faked his death and had his grave being filled with the body of a local pauper, so perhaps another of his skills might involve pretending his death upon receiving damage, as to fool the enemy into stopping attacking? And you'd need a high rank of Eye of the Mind to see through it, or something like that.

He also was actually quite the remarkable physician, so maybe a skill to heal allies might be logical for him to have? A truly ironical capacity for an Assassin to have...

This is quite ironic too in light of his fame as a suspect of the Jack murders, too:

In late Victorian Britain, women were not encouraged to enter the medical profession. Sir William Gull spoke out against this bias and led efforts to improve the prospects of women who wished to pursue careers in medicine. In February 1886, he chaired a meeting at the Medical Society in Cavendish Square to establish a medical scholarship to be awarded to women. This was the Helen Prideaux Memorial Fund, named after Frances Helen Prideaux M.B and B.S. Lond, a gifted University of London medical student who had died from diphtheria the previous year, having previously won the exhibition and gold medal in anatomy and gained a first class degree.

Gull was reported as saying that her academic achievements answered any objections to the involvement of women in medicine; and expressed the hope that the scholarship would lead to a liberalisation of attitudes and greater recognition of women across the profession.
    Otherwise, as a nod to Apo Jack, I think the Information Erasure would make sense for him to keep, and obviously Assassin is pretty much the only Class fitting him.

It might be an ambiguous situation, where even the profile isn't sure if he really was ever a killer at all or he's just going with the role the legend assigned him now he's been summoned through it? His lines to Apo and Strange/Fake Jacks might be nods at that uncertainty, where he basically doesn't mind them; if he wasn't the killer, he has no reason to be jealous of them stealing his infamy, and if he was, he wouldn't want anyone to be sure of it anyway, so they can take the claim if they wish so.

An affable, kind man, but sometimes a degenerate, vicious side to him peeks out. Is that his real nature, or does he just play the impression he's supposed to leave every so often?
    Last edited by OverMaster; January 31st, 2019 at 10:53 PM.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    On one hand, you can just chalk it to a nasty case of Innocent Monster​.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    I want to see Tugarin have an eating competition with Artoria. Hungry dragon knight vs hungry dragon knight, the duel of the year.
    I can't believe I went with both the "incredible appetite" and "dragon" traits and didn't even notice the commonality. If I ever write up a Relationship section for Tugarin, she'll definitely be the first one I include.

Blog Entries
    So I finally got around to writing up a History section for Tugarin. Not sure about it since I had to fictionalize like 90% of it (actual Tugarin's legend is pretty damn sparse), but at the very least it paints a clear picture of how I imagined him. Y'all feel free to check it out if you want.

Blog Entries
    "Servant Assassin at your service. Now, shall we stain our hands in blood for the sake of justice? Ahaha, I'm just joking Master..."

Assassin of Kiev:

Appearance
    :

Source is here

True Name
    : Alyosha Popovich

Alignment
    : Lawful Good

Alternate Class: Saber

Armament:
    In addition to his dagger Kinzhal Drakona, Assassin also wields an ordinary, nameless longsword. Assassin normally opens battle with his sword, only bringing out the dagger against an opponent who proves their strength.

Strength- C
    Agility- B+
    Endurance- D
    Mana- C
    Luck- C+
    NP- B

History
    Alyosha was born the son of a priest in a small Ukrainian village. Even at a young age his unyielding sense of justice showed itself. Whenever Alyosha saw one of the boys in his village bullying another, he would mercilessly attack them. Though a scrawny youth, Alyosha made up for his slight stature with an incredible cunning and ruthlessness. He defeated boys twice his size by kicking their groins, throwing sand in their eyes, making them chase him until they were tired out before attacking and many other dirty tricks.

Needless to say, these actions lead to Alyosha becoming ostracized by his village. But he didn't care.

One day Alyosha found out that his father the priest was secretly a pedophile who'd been preying on the local village boys. When Alyosha realized this, he didn't react with anger or fear like a normal child. Instead, he picked up the antique sword on his family mantel, crept up to his father while he slept and emotionlessly killed him with it.

It was the first time Alyosha had ever taken someone's life, but he didn't feel any guilt or regrets. After all, his father was "evil", so he was only doing a good deed by killing him.

When Alyosha calmly explained what he'd done to his mother the next day, she was naturally horrified. She called him a "monster-child" and tried to choke him to death in a burst of mad grief. Alyosha managed to escape and fled the church, realizing it was no longer a sanctum for him anymore. He ran away from home and lived as a vagrant and runaway for his teenage years.

To survive, Alyosha took to pickpocketing the various nobles that travelled through. His craftiness and almost innate talent for trickery made Alyosha an incredibly adept thief. But because of his sense of justice, Alyosha only stole from those that could afford the losses. Even with the pangs of starvation weighing on his gut, Alyosha never even considered robbing the poor merchants and farmers who were only struggling to survive alongside him.

One day Alyosha tried to rob a finely dressed man who was actually a knight. The knight chased down Alyosha and managed to catch him, but when he saw the boy's malnourished frame took pity on him. He decided to raise Alyosha as his own son and teach him to follow the path of knighthood. Alyosha was forever grateful for the man's guidance and after several years decided to set out on his own as a knight.

After several adventures that demonstrated his worth in battle, Alyosha was eventually recruited into the elite knight order of Prince Vladimir; the Knights of the Fair Sun. There, he met Tugarin, a knight who supposedly had the blood of a dragon flowing within him and was scorned by the other knights for his blunt words and intimidating appearance.

He first encountered Tugarin at a banquet hosted by Prince Vladimir himself. Seeing the dragon-knight gorge himself on platter after platter of food, a wry smile danced across Alyosha's lips. "Hey, Tugarin!" he said, speaking up so his voice could be heard across the palace dining room. "You remind me of a cow I once saw on a farm back in my old village. Silly thing ate so much its damn belly exploded just like this!" He splayed his hands out widely for emphasis.

When Tugarin heard this, it was as if all the whispers behind his back taunting him over his gluttonous appetite were echoing in his mind all at once. "What did you just call me?" He bellowed, flying into a rage and immediately attacking Alyosha. He even transformed into his dragon-form and wrecked a good part of the dining room in the process.

The two fought fiercely. Despite Tugarin's enormous strength Alyosha managed to hold his own through his sharp wit and tactics, weaving almost mockingly between every plume of fire the dragon spewed at him. After the fight both combatants had mostly calmed down. Lying on their backs exhausted in the ruined dining room, Tugarin turned to look at Alyosha.

"Hey man, that was a pretty awesome fight,"
    Tugarin said.

"I know, right?" Alyosha agreed, smiling broadly. "Maybe you're a pretty cool guy after all."

And just like that, the two became fast friends. Alyosha and Tugarin accompanied each other on many adventures in their careers as knights, guarding each other backs and vanquishing many wicked beasts and foes together. Rather than just an ally in battle, Alyosha began to view Tugarin as a true friend. After a mission, the two would often relax together at the local bar and share a drink, or practice sparring matches together. But this happiness was not to last.

Years later news arrived that Tugarin had betrayed the knight-order, killing one of their own and going on the run as a fugitive. Alyosha at first stayed away from the conflict, uneasy with fighting a former comrade. But his inaction cost the lives of many other knights who died pursuing the dragon. When Apraxia, the wife of Prince Vladimir himself, showed up to the knights and told him she knew where Tugarin was hiding, Alyosha knew he had to act.

By the time Alyosha arrived, he was too late to save the other knights. Their corpses and blades were strewn all over the battlefield, cast in the shadow of Tugarin's massive dragon form. The stench of charred flesh pervaded Alyosha's nostrils as the once verdant field smoldered from Tugarin's dragon-breath. As he saw the mangled bodies of his fellow knights lying on the ground, bearing claw-marks and horrific burns, the uncertainty that was formerly clouding Alyosha's heart crystallized into a cold steely resolve. No matter how much he'd treasured Tugarin as a comrade, right now the monster had to be put down for the good of the kingdom.

"Alyosha?"

Tugarin exclaimed, shocked to see his former friend on the battlefield again.

Alyosha just smiled grimly. "It's nothing personal, old friend. Those who go corrupt have to be put down. Right now, you're an enemy of the kingdom I swore to protect."

The two engaged in vicious combat. At first Tugarin had the upper hand because his wings allowed him to fly safely over the battlefield, raining streams of fire on Alyosha from above. But Alyosha remembered something, a detail from their past together flashing in his mind. Whenever Tugarin had used his dragon transformation on their past adventures, he was always careful to avoid touching water. When Alyosha had asked him about it, Tugarin explained his dragon body had a key weakness. Immersion in water would dispel the transformation and revert him back to a human.

So Alyosha prayed to God and the Virgin Mary to send rain down on the battlefield. God answered his request and a deluge poured down from heaven. As soon as the rain touched Tugarin's dragon body it began to dissolve and wash away, leaving only a vulnerable human. Now on even footing, the two kept up their fight. The metallic din of their swords clashing together resounded across the battlefield as if peals of thunder.

At first Tugarin still had the advantage because of his immense strength. He knocked Alyosha's sword free from his hand in one particularly intense clash. Off-balance and unable to raise his shield in time, Alyosha was helpless to stop the dragon-knight's blade from piercing his throat. But Tugarin hesitated for a split-second before dealing the mortal blow.

Alyosha didn't know whether it was remorse at having to kill an old friend that stilled Tugarin's hand or he was momentarily distracted by something shocking he saw on the edges of the battlefield. Either way it gave him enough time to counter. Drawing his spare dagger from his hip, Alyosha cleaved it through Tugarin's neck in a single deadly swing.

"I... ghrk! Forg...ive y...ou..." Tugarin gurgled and gasped, blood leaking from the corners of his mouth. Then his head toppled from his shoulders and fell to the earth.

Alyosha was taken aback by those last words. Why would a monster forgive the hero for killing him? Forgiveness was something offered to the guilty by the innocent. His killing of Tugarin was carried out for the unimpeachable cause of protecting his kingdom, so it certainly wasn't an evil act. Then why? Why did Tugarin say those words? The uncertainty from before returned to clog Alyosha's heart.

Suddenly a cry of despair pierced the air. Apraxia, who had been apparently watching the entire battle from afar, ran up to the fallen knight's body, tears of grief flowing freely down her cheeks. She picked up Tugarin's severed head in her arms and buried it close to her chest as she wept. As it turned out, she'd been having an affair with Tugarin and revealed his hideout in the hope he'd be sentenced leniently.

"How could you do this?" The queen turned to Alyosha accusingly, face twisted into a look of pure grief and rage. "Tugarin wasn't a monster. He was my dearest friend, and you killed him!" Apraxia punctuated her words by delivering a stinging slap to the young knight's face.

For just a moment Alyosha was reminded of the expression on his mother's face when he'd told her how he killed his father. An unfamiliar and unpleasant emotion began to bubble up inside him. Was this... guilt? For someone who had never doubted his actions were correct, the feeling of guilt was like an ice-cold blade driven into his chest.

By the time he'd returned to Kiev, Alyosha had mostly returned to his usual cheerful self. He went to Prince Vladimir's court, where he was hailed for his great victory. "For the valiant act of vanquishing the evil dragon that was endangering our kingdom, I hereby crown Alyosha Popovich as a most honored member of the Knights of the Fair Sun!" Vladimir exclaimed, personally lowering a ceremonial crown on to Alyosha's head. But the wine of victory left a bitter aftertaste in Alyosha's mouth. The praise of the nobles rang hollow in his ears.

It was then Alyosha realized. What knights do is "evil". To kill someone is always an evil act in itself, no matter whether the one doing it is a hero or villain. Even if it was to eradicate a criminal threatening the kingdom, Alyosha had brutally killed his own best friend. The stain of that sin would cling to him for the rest of his life.

Instead of fraying Alyosha's resolve, this revelation hardened it. Knights were "evil", yes, but they were an evil who fought against other evil. Justice alone is powerless against evil. To destroy evil, one must pierce through it with the manifestation of an even greater evil. If knights were evil then Alyosha would become the greatest knight of all, an absolute evil who cuts away all other lesser evil. He would fight to create a world of peace, one where the evil called knights was unnecessary.

Carving those convictions into his heart, Alyosha swore to walk the bloodstained path of a knight until the end. To protect the innocent and defeat evil, Alyosha would embrace the sin called knighthood. All the while he wore an innocent and proud smile on his face, no matter how thickly his armor became soaked in blood. After all, Alyosha owed it to him. To his friend who died to show him the truth of his ideals. If he were to break down in tears now, it would be like admitting it was all meaningless. So, Alyosha would smile and joke to the bitter end. Even if it hurt. Even if he felt like crying inside.

That was his knight's resolve.

Personality
    An easygoing and free-spirited young man, who can nearly always be seen smiling. Assassin loves playing pranks and cracking silly jokes. While he appears frivolous, Assassin is actually a deeply honorable and reliable person, who would never abandon an innocent in distress. If Assassin were a sibling he'd be the kind of older brother who normally teases and lightly makes fun of their younger sibling, but in a serious situation would become highly caring and willing to do anything to protect them.

Assassin dislikes combat, preferring to resolve disputes through negotiation rather than violence. But when forced to fight he becomes incredibly cunning and ruthless, willing to take every means to defeat the enemy. He fights not like a chivalric knight but uses every kind of dishonorable tactic like taunting the enemy to distract them, attacking from behind or even using random objects from his environment as improvised weapons. In Assassin's words, "While the strong sharpen their fangs, the weak sharpen their wisdom." Thus Assassin has no qualms relying on his cunning to even the odds against a stronger opponent.

While Assassin is normally live-and-let-live, once he ascertains someone to be "evil" he will mercilessly cut them down, even if they're his own comrade. The sword of a bogatyr is to be swung for the sake of justice, so it can't be dulled by personal feelings like passion or ideology. His definition of a knight is an "evil that severs evil". Killing is always an evil act, but knights are those who bear that evil in order to destroy evil.

That being the case, Assassin accepts any kind of retribution・karma・divine punishment that arises from his actions as a matter of course. Viewing his own body as a sword which exists to sever evil, Assassin is fully prepared to be thrown aside once he's fulfilled his purpose. After all, there's no need for a sword in times of peace.

Despite his teasing demeanour, Assassin is surprisingly prudish and easily flustered around women. He sincerely believes that romance is to be savored between two people who love each other. Because of how rigorously he committed himself to his knightly duties Assassin never had much time for romance in life, so he easily shows a blushing face when interacting with the opposite sex. For that reason, he's extremely weak to females with playful and strong-willed personalities.

Relationship to his Master

If Assassin ascertains his Master to be a "righteous person" (like his lord Prince Vladimir), he will dedicate himself to serving as their sword. Though he may give cutting words, that's only to test his Master's convictions. If they can endure his barbs, his Master will find themselves blessed with a limitlessly steadfast and reliable Servant. Committing himself as the sword of justice to be wielded by his Master, he carries out their will without even a speck of resentment.

However, if his Master behaves in a way that encroaches on his sense of justice, Assassin will show to them no loyalty whatsoever. Instead of defying an evil Master outright, Assassin would trick and scheme from the shadows to try and insure they lose the Grail War without letting them know his true intentions. He might deliberately offer bad strategies, play to their insecurities, or even secretly ally with enemy Servants if the situation proves dire enough.

Wish on the Holy Grail
    Assassin claims not to have any personal desire for the Grail. He accepted the summoning only so he can continue serving as a "sword of justice" as he did in life.

However, the actual matter is more complex than that. Assassin harbors some regrets over his slaying of the dragon Tugarin Zmeyevich. He recognizes the beast had become a threat to the kingdom and needed to be exterminated. But Assassin can't help but feel a question tugging on his heart as to why Tugarin, who served as a bogatyr alongside him and the other Knights of the Fair Sun in the past, had suddenly betrayed his kingdom and become as a beast. Maybe... Tugarin was actually honoring the justice in his own heart by turning his blade against the corrupt nobles and fellow knights, and acting in defense of the starving commoners?

That uncertainty weighs heavily on Assassin's heart. Despite being hailed as a hero for vanquishing the "evil dragon", his victory only left a bitter taste in his mouth. Thus, Assassin's wish on the Grail is for another chance to meet Tugarin again in a situation where they aren't forced to fight against each other, so he can try to understand the conflicting feelings their duel left etched into his heart. If Assassin is summoned with Tugarin as an allied Servant in the Grail War, his wish would already be granted.

In that scenario, upon learning of Tugarin's sense of equality and compassion for the weak, Assassin's wish would change. He would want to use the Grail to create a world where everyone is equal, abolishing distinctions of class and creed. In doing so, he seeks to honor the justice Tugarin believed in and fought for. Even if no one understood his justice, so it was mistaken for the act of a mad beast lashing out at the world, Assassin alone accepts and affirms the dragon's resolve.

"Hey, I wonder. In another world, do you think you and I could've stayed friends?"

Relationships/Reactions

Tugarin: "Ah, old friend. Seeing you again brings both joy and sadness to my heart. I know I have no right to say this, but would you like to have a drink and reminisce as friends?"

Skimpily dressed female Servants: "T-that outfit is way too lewd! How am I supposed to concentrate while fighting if you dress like that?" *blushes furiously*

Arturia Pendragon: "Such a serious face, miss Queen of Knights. It makes me want to tease you a little~"
    He secretly empathizes with her as someone who also bears the burden of upholding justice. Assassin takes it upon himself to try to bring a smile to the knight-maiden's face, often dragging her along on his pranks and misadventures. Somehow, when looking at him, Arturia can't help but be reminded of a certain mischievous sorcerer...

EMIYA: "You struggled to uphold your ideal until your very body broke from the strain. I wonder if I could've walked down a similar path in life..."

Dislikes: overly serious people, promiscuity, self-doubt
    Talents: trickery and practical jokes
    Natural Enemy: Tugarin

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment- D
    The capacity to obscure one's presence as a Servant. However, the efficacy of this Skill drops sharply the moment one prepares to attack. At this rank, Assassin can only weakly hide his presence from others. Suitable for spying as long as no sudden movements are made. Assassin was never famous for making himself undetected, so he only has a low rank in this Skill.

Instead, Alyosha's qualification for this Class stems from his sneaky nature. In life, he bested countless opponents not through superior strength or technique but by tricking and outsmarting them. Even his defeat of the dragon Tugarin came about through treachery. This penchant for sneak attacks and subterfuge makes him more compatible with the Assassin Class, as opposed to the Saber Class that possesses connotations of honorable knighthood.

Personal Skills:

Protection Against Flying- B
    A Skill deriving from the prayer of St. Peter that brought the haughty magus Simon crashing to earth. By reciting that prayer, Assassin can establish a Bounded Field extending for ten feet around him in all directions that denies the very concept of magical flight. Anyone flying through magical means (like levitation magic, using magic to grow wings, propelling oneself with fire or wind, etc) within the Bounded Field will be suddenly stripped of their means of flight and sent hurtling to the ground. Because of how quickly Assassin can recite this spell, it's effectively an absolute counter to any enemy who relies on magical flight.

In Assassin's final battle with the dragon Tugarin, he was initally unable to reach the latter who was flying with his wings. Desperate, Assassin prayed to God and the Mother Mary, who sent rain down on the battlefield. The rain soaked Tugarin's paper-like wings, rendering them useless and making the beast crash to the ground. His Skill Protection Against Flying is a conceptualization of those feats.

Merciless Heart Of Justice- A+
    Is the sublimation of Assassin's unique unwavering mindset as a knight. Regarding himself as a sword that only exists to sever evil, he doesn't let any emotion or ideology stand in the way of fulfilling his objective. This Skill allows Assassin to block out any kind of mental interference like confusion, fear or provocation that would impede him from the target. In effect a kind of self-hypnotic trance that Assassin places on himself every time he fights, preventing his emotions from wavering.

In battle the usual laid-back and joking young man disappears and an unfeeling machine of slaughter emerges. He'll use every means necessary to win, trample over the enemy's ideals and even brutalize their body, all while smiling an innocent and serene smile that doesn't admit even the slightest hesitation.

However, this Skill only works if Assassin is serving a cause he believes to be just. If his emotions waver to the point where Assassin comes to doubt his own ideals and the reason why he fights, this Skill would be forcibly sealed until he can reconcile that contradiction within himself.

Silver Tongue- C+

The ability to speak persuasively and charm others with deft words. In Assassin's case, a + modifier is applied while devising insults. Assassin can calculate the perfect insult to enrage his opponent in any situation, even in the middle of heated battle. While this might appear to be a useless Skill, when used strategically it allows Assassin to provoke the enemy into leaving an opening he can exploit.

When Assassin first met Tugarin at a banquet hosted by Prince Vladimir, he ridiculed the dragon-knight's boorish table manners by comparing him to a cow that overeated to the point its belly burst. This taunt enraged Tugarin to the point where he immediately attacked the hero. Later, the two became fast friends.

Master Of Disguise- A
    The talent to obfuscate one's physical appearance through mundane means, like altered clothing and body language. At this rank Assassin can disguise himself so perfectly that even if the target were familiar with his real appearance, it would be almost impossible to discern his true identity. He can even impersonate the identity of other Masters and Servants in the Holy Grail War.

Assassin was famous for assuming various disguises on his adventures to beguile his foes (and sometimes friends). One time he disguised himself as a deaf pilgrim to lure Tugarin into approaching him without caution. Later, after defeating the dragon, he played a prank by returning home wearing Tugarin's multicolored cloak, tricking his squire into thinking Tugarin was coming to Kiev as the victor.

Noble Phantasms
    Kinzhal Drakona
    Wyrm's Body Shall Be Wyrm's Bane

Type: Anti-Unit

In Assassin's first skirmish with the dragon Tugarin, he was thwarted by the beast's tough scales that none of his weapons could cut through. But Assassin got lucky when he managed to break off one of the beast's scales. After the battle, Assassin picked up the scale and jokingly exclaimed that he'd now found a dagger suitable for carving out Tugarin's heart. He reforged the scale into a special dagger that he wielded on many of his adventures. Later, when Tugarin betrayed the knight-order, Assassin killed him with this very dagger, inadvertently fulfilling the promise he made.

This Noble Phantasm takes the form of an obsidian dagger with a rough scaly texture. Being forged from dragon scales, one of the hardiest materials on Earth, it is incredibly durable and near-impossible to break even by the standards of Noble Phantasms. By putting those same defensive properties into an attack, the dagger can cut through any physical or magical defense below B-rank. Upon invoking its true name, Assassin can also channel Tugarin's elemental affinity of fire through it, temporarily wreathing the dagger in sulphurous black flames that further enhance its strength and cutting power.

Pozornaya Porcha
    Desecration Of The Evil Dragon

Type: Anti-Unit

A technique Noble Phantasm echoing Assassin's slaying of the evil dragon Tugarin. Upon its invocation, Assassin performs a barrage of wild slashes with any weapon he has on hand, finishing with a single strike aimed unfailingly to behead the enemy. As legends vary on how exactly he performed this deed, Assassin can execute this Noble Phantasm with any weapon he's currently holding, not just his trusty dagger. In the case he's wielding a blunt object, it temporarily gains the attribute of a cutting weapon for the attack's duration.

This Noble Phantasm also deals bonus damage if the enemy possesses the draconic attribute, and even more if it's used against an opponent Assassin has already fought before. Being a technique-based Noble Phantasm, Pozornaya Porcha expends remarkably little Mana to invoke, allowing Assassin to easily utilize this attack multiple times in succession.

Because of his regrets over the disgraceful way he handled Tugarin's body after defeating him, Assassin dislikes using this Noble Phantasm.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I finally got around to writing up my Alyosha Popovich sheet I'd been talking about. I'm quite proud of how he turned out, especially personality-wise.

For his first NP, it was just a dagger Tugarin threw at him that he caught and later used to kill him in the legend. That was kind of boring, so I decided to make it a dagger reforged from one of his own broken scales instead (keeping the concept that it was something originating from Tugarin that was used to defeat him, but making it more interesting than just a generic dagger). As always, feel free to drop by with comments and criticisms. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; August 7th, 2019 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Added History

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Nice sheet overall, and I really need to research these Slavic heroes because I know nothing about them at all. For the Relationships section, I think a bit with EMIYA would be good, considering Alyosha would likely have something to remark about EMIYA's eternal burden and his broken ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Nice sheet overall, and I really need to research these Slavic heroes because I know nothing about them at all. For the Relationships section, I think a bit with EMIYA would be good, considering Alyosha would likely have something to remark about EMIYA's eternal burden and his broken ideal.
    Added it. And I'm glad you liked the sheet!

Blog Entries
    Update: So I just added a History section to Alyosha to flesh him out a bit more, and rewrote part of his Silver Tongue Skill and first NP to fit better with my version of his lore. Comments are welcome.

Blog Entries
    Hyuu. Here, then. It was an interesting plot bunny if a bit rough mechanically.

Servant:
    Berserker
    Alignment: Lawful Mad
    True Name: Queen Margaret of Anjou

Parameters:
    Strength: C (B+)
    Endurance: D (C+)
    Agility: B (A+)
    Mana: C (B+)
    Luck: C (C)
    Noble Phantasm: B

Background:
    Born the second eldest daughter of the King of Naples, Margaret of Anjou was groomed as a political wife from childhood, bethrothed to King Henry VI in the fifteenth century and a central figure in the dynastic dispute and civil war that would come to be known as the War of the Roses. Married at the age of fifteen, even then she was considered a passionate and strong-willed woman, expected to vigorously assist her husband in retaking French territory. But Henry was not a strong king - raised under the watchful eye of protectors and regents, and prone to bouts of instability and weak-willed madness.

It was Margaret who led his affairs, shaped his aspirations, and defended his crown against political intrigue and gamesmanship, playing the game of politics as well as any other. More than her husband, she was regarded as the "champion of the crown," an acting queen in role if not title. She ruled in his stead for ten years before the pressure and inability to conceive a rightful heir led to a full breakdown in Henry.

At the same time, an ambitious challenger arose in Richard of York, a nobleman appointed the Lord Protector of England in Henry's stead during his breakdown. A duke with a credible claim to the throne rivaling Henry's own, he won the favour of many as protector, despite Margaret's efforts to curb his influence and popularity. Their enmity and rivalry grew, festered, and it is unclear exactly when he began to genuinely aspire towards the throne, but it is known that the spark that set off the flames of war occurred when Margaret convened a grand council to plan against the King's enemies - and pointedly excluded all from the House of York.

Hostilities quickly flared into armed combat, then outright war between the two powerful houses: the War of the Roses, as it would come to be known, between the white roses of York and the red roses of Lancaster, to determine the rightful king of England. The war would drag on for over thirty years, ravaging the ranks of the nobility in England and leaving untold dead, including both Richard and Henry. All the men of both houses would ultimately lose their life in the conflict, leaving a relative of the Lancastrians to found the Tudor dynasty in their place.

Margaret herself survived, leading the House and its factions until the very last battle, and the death of her husband and only son. Only when she had lost everything, when she had nothing whatsoever to defend or fight for, did her spirit break and permit her exile until death.

Personality:
    Her class notwithstanding, Berserker is a bright, passionate woman whose zeal reflects in everything she does after being summoned. She is inquisitive, intelligent, and energetic if a tiny bit prone to snap judgments and sometimes somewhat (or a lot) more territorial than a situation warrants. At such times she can be stern and inflexible, but she tries her best to lower her guard over time.

Once her guard is down, though, Berserker is quick to make promises of affection and camaraderie with her Master, those who join their cause, and his or her inner circle(s). However, she holds those promises dear, and endeavors to always hold true to them, in her own way. She will not abandon anyone who fights alongside her, fighting alongside them and leading their faction to the bitter end.

If she will admit to one flaw, it is this, and simply this.

She gives her whole heart to the cause she believes in and those who follow the same path alongside her. As queen consort, the welfare of her husband's line and the authority of the crown were charges the protection of which she embraced from a young age, upholding that duty even as it led to ruin for the entire House. Thus, Berserker gives her whole heart to the cause she believes in and those who follow the same path alongside her. And she cannot help but view any divergence from that path, any digressions from that conviction, any hint of unease or crossed purposes… as a betrayal worthy of the harshest of penalties.
    When Richard of York strayed from the path of Lord Protector, when even an inkling of his own aspirations or claim to the throne came into conflict with obedience to the crown and protection of the sitting king, Berserker resolved to see him and all who followed him dead, to the point of executing peaceful prisoners of war and ordering the decapitation of those who stood in her way.

Once she is given a reason to doubt one’s commitment, while she will never abandon them, she will never again trust them, fostering her paranoia to a fevered pitch. Questionable allies may be exploited to their utmost. And everyone else? If you are not her ally, you are her enemy. And enemies deserve nothing, least of all mercy or their heads.

Class Abilities:
    Mad Enhancement
    A skill that raises basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange of hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. At first, Berserker appears to exercise this skill at Rank E. Her parameters are unaffected and she retains her ability to think and converse with her Master. Over time, though, her parameters begin to rise, ranking up until they reach the equivalent of the highest echelon of Mad Enhancement. Yet her reason remains unaffected…?

Personal Skills:
    Charisma
    A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. At this rank, while capable of leading a nation on her own, Berserker shines when taking over leadership positions from others.

Hollow Victory
    Not a skill, but a curse of fortune that is inherent to Berserker’s Saint Graph as a leading force in the War of the Roses. In life, neither the Yorks nor the Lancasters won a decisive victory over the other, perpetuating a bloody civil war until the males of both lines were entirely wiped out. A curse that indiscriminately levels her fortune in warfare, providing plus parameter and advantageous checks when she has been losing, and acting against her when she has been winning. Those she regards as her enemies are likewise affected once swept into the current of her latest ‘war.’ Whatever Berserker gains, she will ultimately lose, as will her enemies, guaranteeing equivalency or mutual ruin unless outside forces intercede.

Synchronization
    A skill that permits bilateral sharing and transference through sympathetic connection with another. Ordinarily, this skill would be limited to transference of energy or strength, be it physical or mental. However, the complementary union of this skill and her Noble Phantasm permits Berserker to go beyond that limit in a certain respect...

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Rose of Lancaster - Sweeping and Uniting Those Who Wear the Rose
    Type: Anti-Unit (Anti-Army)
    It is said the red rosa gallica flower was the county flower of the county Lancashire and the heraldic badge of the House of Lancaster, dating back to the original gold rose badge worn by King Edward I and the red rose worn by his brother, the original Earl of Lancaster. During the war of the Roses, the red rose was worn by all who fought under Lancaster’s banner, a badge of allegiance in opposition to the white rose of the House of York.

As a Servant, this Noble Phantasm is a boon that Berserker may bestow upon any she deems worthy or useful. Should the recipient accept her red rose, they are enlisted to Berserker’s cause, recognized as members of the House of Lancaster for as long as they bear the rose upon their person. This blessing empowers the recipient, reinforcing them beyond their natural limits, to a maximum of a Servant’s rank E in all physical parameters as well as od generation, effectively converting her allies into low-ranking familiars.

By careful building of her forces and allies, Berserker may assemble a powerful fighting force, albeit one with their own will and loyalties. Berserker is quick to attest that they may break their pact at any time, should they deem it too dangerous or the cause no longer worth their while, as she wishes only for loyal friends and companions.

...However.

In concert with her Synchronization skill, Berserker may unilaterally share more than simply her favour. In addition to reinforcement, the Rose of Lancaster creates a bond that regards all who carry the rose as the “same identity” as Berserker, the House of Lancaster, and permits her to share even aspects of her Saint Graph and class container with them.

Unbeknownst to her allies, or her Master, Berserker may use this network of friends and confidants to distribute and disseminate her own ever-building Mad Enhancement, synchronizing her madness with them while keeping its reinforcement for herself. This manifests in increased recklessness, anger whether righteous or otherwise, poor judgment… and in the last stages, outright insanity not unlike that suffered by King Henry himself. The longer one fights under her banner, the less likely they are to choose to stop, or even realize they should, riled up into a riotously partisan and bloodthirsty mob.

While her friends fall, while her master loses his grip on reality, Queen Consort Margaret of Anjou shall remain coldly, nobly steadfast in pursuit of their shared goals, ever more powerful and sharpening her madness to an ever more fine point.

Notes:
    A small chance exists that when the Rose of Lancaster is invoked, the rose it creates may bloom and blossom as a white rose of York instead, a phenomenon intrinsic to all whose fates are tied in the War of the Roses, guaranteeing that neither faction may grow unhindered. Should this occur, the recipient will be inexorably turned against Berserker, and may marshal or recruit others to their cause, including enemy Servants or Masters. The more roses she bestows, the more likely that this will occur, up to 50% probability at its maximum level and amount.

Berserker is well aware of this, and while she chooses not to let it inhibit or prevent her from allying with others, it is the seed of the ever-building paranoia that leads to her worst excesses as a Heroic Spirit, stoking her uncertainty and fostering the gradual increase of her madness. Should you wish to maintain her sanity, this maiden may only ever give one rose.
    Last edited by Sunny; February 5th, 2019 at 08:46 PM.

Signature by fumato

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I'm really sorry about my jokes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I'm really sorry about my jokes
    Ah, don’t be, kya. I’m just anxious, no cause to feel bad and I didn’t take it to heart.

I’m just q-quite shy about the attention and more interested in what people think or criticism to learn from. ^^;

Signature by fumato

Blog Entries
    I like the idea of her Madness being spread across her followers and thus keeping her rational. Makes for a really interesting and unique mechanic

Blog Entries
    The idea of a Berserker who relies on scheming and tactics to fight instead of brute strength is always interesting (and something I can't recall getting in canon, despite the increasing abundance of Berserkers with EX-ranked Mad Enhancement still letting them speak and express themselves coherently). Her NP is really scary just in terms of the ripple effects it'd have in the world (also rather timely in today's hyper-divided political climate). I could easily see her throwing the country she's summoned in into a civil war or something.

Anyone have thoughts on my Alyosha Popovich sheet above? I'm curious to hear what people think of him, especially the rather unique (IMO) and fleshed out backstory I gave him.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sunny, no! Don't let them bully you into withdrawing

I forbid it. As dictator and supreme general for life or until I get bored of the contest I rule that no-one is allowed to forfeit once they've entered.

- - - Updated - - -

fwiw i liked your sheet
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.