Page 528 of 568 FirstFirst ... 28428478518523526527528529530533538 ... LastLast
Results 10,541 to 10,560 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cerberus design (w. Herc for size comparison)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    30 hours of TV is a fairly easy thing to recommend. You can just flop back on the sofa, turn off your brain and turn on the TV. A VN needs significantly more investment than that, even if you only take into account that you'll need to play it on a PC and that you'll need to sit there clicking or bashing that spacebar every single line.
    The thing I usually see is the peeps interested in this franchise have a singular element they focus on, a character or liking the world for DnD/fanfiction/roleplay purposes. So that is why their investment in the lore is narrow and so they would feel overwhelmed if assailed with everything else other than that focal point.
    Basically, "Rin is cute and powerful, I want to draw, write about, or cosplay her, I want to know more" which then becomes, "eh, I have to read this stuff to do that? Yeesh. But I don't wanna say that because I'd like to belong to fandom and know more". So if you see people who crap on anything that isn't Zero, its mainly because that scratched an itch, but that's all they wanted, but they also wanted to belong in the fandom, so they try other Fate works.
    So maybe its partly pressure to fit in and the fact FSN may not be what fit that niche they liked with Zero that causes some of caustic comments sometimes.

You just have to realize people take different things from media they ingest and go from there. We've seen a wealth of people who ask for material for various things, and then you never see 'em again.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Cerberus design (w. Herc for size comparison)
    Spoiler:
    I need to know wtf did Herk in his 11th labor, seeing some weird big alien-like creature

The problem with that is itself the entree point not the person. People gain expectations for what the series or characters "should" be by starting in a particular area. Which them cascades across their entire understanding of things. There have been plenty of people who may have otherwise accepted just as an example Arturia as a character with full context to her original character arc, who instead become resentful and or outright hostile to accepting the character due to her particular portayal in actions and through other characters such as "broskander"

People will always have preferences or bias from what they started with, but its also because of that that the order of things becomes important, because these series are all treated differently for the specific purpose of the series they are. And of course TM is way more than one type of production or genre, to a fault

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuno View Post
    Spoiler:
    I need to know wtf did Herk in his 11th labor, seeing some weird big alien-like creature
    That's Ladon, the dragon that guarded the Apples of the Hesperides. Herc killed it, the actual apple theft was done by Atlas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Spoiler:
    I loved the way they handled the "Can you keep up with me?" with Shirou literally running past Archer, but I wish the actual slashes of NLBW had been more like the Vita opening

That's the only clip I've seen so all I can comment on

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Spoiler:
    I loved the way they handled the "Can you keep up with me?" with Shirou literally running past Archer, but I wish the actual slashes of NLBW had been more like the Vita opening

That's the only clip I've seen so all I can comment on
    Spoiler:
    i feel like instant attacks all at once is much more what nine lives is about than just fast slashing. After all herc had to shoot his arrows simultaneously. Its infinitely closer to a much stronger much more variable tsubami gaeshi than anything else

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Spoiler:
    Theres an anime original action scene with shirou doing some super mario ass platforming trying to reach sakura while angra is taking control of the tentacles (hes not sworded yet)
    Spoiler:
    Channelling Ufo's UBW Shirou and all the backflips he did against Gil, I see

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    Spoiler:
    i feel like instant attacks all at once is much more what nine lives is about than just fast slashing. After all herc had to shoot his arrows simultaneously. Its infinitely closer to a much stronger much more variable tsubami gaeshi than anything else
    Spoiler:
    But Nine Lives Blade Works isn't as fast as Nine Lives. When Shirou is going for the final strike, the piercing one, he notes Herakles had time to kill him; he just didn't because he saw Ilya.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Spoiler:
    But Nine Lives Blade Works isn't as fast as Nine Lives. When Shirou is going for the final strike, the piercing one, he notes Herakles had time to kill him; he just didn't because he saw Ilya.
    Spoiler:
    That is not part of NLBW. It's an additional strike done after that.

Anyway, this Is the sort of nitpick that's really misleading and pointless. Nine bullet revolver is about Shirou surpassing himself and casting away his fears, not about how much fast he can swing Berserker sword.
    Last edited by Herod; August 16th, 2020 at 06:27 PM.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrad1 View Post
    HF3 drama CD link https://files.catbox.moe/015qo2.mp3

Hope we get a translation of it.
    Do we have a translation of this or even just a few words recap?

JP Friend Code
    From my point of view, ofc ufo will cater to their zero while working at UBW/HF, because... it's their own work and they thought that zero did a good job on explaining/worldbuilding for standard anime viewers

Do remember that nowadays Fate viewers are not from the fsn VN or even DEEN anime, but other medias such as Zero, UBW, Apo and the majority is from FGO. Ofc ufo will cater to the viewers that already familiar with those "newer" past works

Hell, my offline friends that watched part 1 and 2 with me are coming from FGO (as in, they only knew FGO) and they still enjoy both movies immensely

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    If only more people could be so casual like your friends instead of complaining about the complicated watch order and how it's impossible to get into Fate. Not that I can blame the complainers much because the primary side needs to relax and stop fighting each other over which order is more correct while throwing charts full of shows that make no sense to them and just overwhelm them, more when there's like 3 or 4 dudes with a different chart each who are fighting over who has the most correct order.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Not EXCALIBUR MORGAN. My dissapointment is immeasurable.

Quote Originally Posted by astagadragon View Post
    From my point of view, ofc ufo will cater to their zero while working at UBW/HF, because... it's their own work and they thought that zero did a good job on explaining/worldbuilding for standard anime viewers

Do remember that nowadays Fate viewers are not from the fsn VN or even DEEN anime, but other medias such as Zero, UBW, Apo and the majority is from FGO. Ofc ufo will cater to the viewers that already familiar with those "newer" past works

Hell, my offline friends that watched part 1 and 2 with me are coming from FGO (as in, they only knew FGO) and they still enjoy both movies immensely
    You'd be surprised, TM made a recent poll and asked people what introduced them to Fate. FGO came out on top (of course) followed by F/Z which was followed by Deen/Stay Night which was followed by the VN.

Despite being old and outdated the Deen/SN is regarded as a cult series in Japan. I guess they don't care as much about adaptation fidelity or pretty animation compared to the western fanbase.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler:

in general shirou is much more, uh... able bodied than in the VN. This might split opinions. Music in Shirou vs Kotomine is not that good either. The actual fight choreography is cool though, but the flow is very different.
    I mean, he was essentially
    Spoiler:
    Archer lite at that point. I don' think people are going to care that much

Spoiler:

It also doesnt have that power of love powerup with the iconic face closeups.

Eh I wouldn't call it that but whatever XD, that was one of the scenes I was looking forward the most, I'm disappointed that it wasn't adapted.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Spoiler:
    Like Seiba Vs Assassin in UBW all the visual elements are there(probably better cuz no undermining the perfect undodgeable attack by dodging a full early preview entire episodes earlier). It's just lacking the narration to point it out that the Seiba/Shirou would be 100% dead otherwise

JP Friend Code
    Spoiler:
    Man, seeing Archer smiling in pride after Shirou passing him, and then having him kinda pulling Shirou up after the grail sealing scene.. Having my headcanon of "Archer really respect and wished he was like HF Shirou" becoming true, at least movie wise, is feeling fucking great.

Wished for some more of the VN music in some scenes, but it was fucking great and I love it.
    Thanks based ufotbable.
    Support list (it's a big one lol)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
    Spoiler:
    Man, seeing Archer smiling in pride after Shirou passing him, and then having him kinda pulling Shirou up after the grail sealing scene.. Having my headcanon of "Archer really respect and wished he was like HF Shirou" becoming true, at least movie wise, is feeling fucking great.

Wished for some more of the VN music in some scenes, but it was fucking great and I love it.
    Thanks based ufotbable.
    Spoiler:
    archer clearly respects that hf shirou found his own way of living. But its also clear that its not his own. Its not the default setting of shirou emiya as many unlikely extreme things had to happen to pull him to that point. Even archer never believed there was a shirou who seriously who would kill himself and forge anew as a more human entity. He was just as conflicted as everyone else when it came to putting sakuras life before the suffering of innocents.

As much as archer rails against ideals and putting others before ones self in other routes, its made clear both in hf and otherwise that he is just throwing a tantrum and acting tsundere. Despite understanding intellectually the faults of being a hero he cant bring himself to not follow that path. He never believed the path he chose was wrong, just dissilusioned with the fact that there was no end to suffering no matter his efforts
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; August 17th, 2020 at 03:16 AM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Like Seiba Vs Assassin in UBW all the visual elements are there(probably better cuz no undermining the perfect undodgeable attack by dodging a full early preview entire episodes earlier). It's just lacking the narration to point it out that the Seiba/Shirou would be 100% dead otherwise
    Ah, the perils of adapting a novel to a visual medium.

- - - Updated - - -

There are options, but not all of them would work seamlessly.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    *Deep Breath*

Hyped for this.
    7 years I waited for this moment.

ufo, don't let me down.
    burn your dread you coward