Page 144 of 367 FirstFirst ... 4494134139142143144145146149154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 7332

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

@BnEl15: Wow! Incredible sheet. I've always been fascinated by the Taiping era. It's one of those historical events which is like a real-life singularity. You've totally captured the delusional paranoia of the man who claimed to be Jesus's long lost brother. This is definitely the authoritative conceptualization for him as a servant.

Hello, citizen. If you invoked me here, it can only mean one thing. Another war started… Let’s win this, then.
    If you don't already know me, by the way, I am...

Ruler of the Republic

Class : Ruler
    Other possible classes : Alter Ego, Archer, Caster
    True Name : Marianne, the French RepublicThe Ghosts of the Presidents, assembled
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral
    Attribute : StarHuman
    Origin : Historical fact

Parameters :

Strength : C
    Endurance : A
    Agility : B
    Mana : D
    Luck : B
    NP : A

Likes : France, being in charge, victory, her people and herself.
    Dislikes : Defeat, rebellion against her.
    Talents : Politics, taking care of a country, leading people.

Class Skills
    Magic Resistance B : Due her (theoretical) fight for secularism in her country, she have learned to dissociate herself from religion, magic, and other non-human powers. In return, she can resist to magic.

Such concerns are useless. The only interesting magic is the balance of power.

Volonté Du Peuple A+:A replacement of the Independent Action skill. Due to her incredible willpower, and despite not having a colossal quantity of mana, Marianne can stay without a Master for as long as two weeks. This is also possible because of the power of her symbol : as long as people will trust in her, or in what she represents, she can use this skill.This is mainly possible because of the devotion and pride of the Ghosts of the Presidents. All of their powers, assembled in one vessel. All of their strength, fused into one being.

I can’t survive without my people, obviously. What is a Republic without citizens ?

Personal Skills
    La Liberté Guidant Le Peuple B- :
    Due to her being the incarnation of the French Republicthe fusion of 22 skilled world-class leader, Marianne is able to easily convince people to fight at her side. This skill is the manifestation of it, with a bonus granted against any working-class Servant.
    However, because her country have a bad history with a lot of nations, this skill only affect people, and Servants, without pre-existing grudge against France.

My friend, I understood you !

Allégorie de Toutes les Femmes C :
    A replacement of the Shapeshift skill. Marianne can technically be any woman, but they cannot change her clothes. They’ll be recognizable at first glance, but her face and corpulence can change to mimic any feminine human being.

I can be any women of my glorious country. They can all be me, too. I’m one with my people, as always.

Noble Phantasm(s)

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité
    Three Words, The Soul Of A Republic.

It is my deeper truth, really. I should’ve let you know it before, but… Here I am, nothing but the desire of 22 men. But, by the Republic, what a beautiful dream !

Type : Servant Creation
    Targets : 1

This Noble Phantasm is Marianne herself. Or, to be more accurate, it’s the fusion of the 22 Ghosts that once were Presidents of the French Republic, and this created Marianne. Spark of power by spark of power, they gathered enough energy to create a vessel. And finally, when their task was accomplished, and despite debates, disagreements, and sometimes anger, they created a Noble Phantasm for themselves. Three words, the soul of the Republic they led, for better or for worst. The soul of the country they shaped, they loved oh so much.
    This Noble Phantasm cannot be used by Marianne herself, yet it’s still classified as one of her Noble Phantasms, because it’s a part of her Spirit.

La Marseillaise
    May An Impure Blood Water Our Furrows

Allons, enfants de la Patrie… Le jour de gloire est arrivé.

Type : Anti-Status Quo
    Targets : 500-1000

This is the true Noble Phantasm of Marianne : the song written by Rouget de Lisle, in collaboration with the notorious composer Hector Berlioz.
    Well, to be more accurate… The song is only the ritual for the invocation. The actual Phantasm is the effect it have on the targets.

Upon activation, a “seed” will be planted in a certain number (from 500 to 1000) of people, in the city where Marianne is currently. Only human beings, not servants or animals, can be affected by this Phantasm. This “seed” will then grow, brain-washing the citizens of the city into becoming Marianne’s very own personal army. They won’t actually win any combat capacity if they hadn’t before, but they will be very aggressive towards any form of authority except Marianne, and if not under her immediate control, they will start an uprising against prisons or administrations.

Marianne can control the citizens affected to fight against other servants. Any weapon picked up by those affected can hurt servants directly, but this side-effect only works on “higher-class” servants, those who lived in nobility, born in the higher classes of society. More “lower-class” servants won’t be hurt, and the citizens will not attack them at all.

For all the duration of this Phantasm, aka until all the citizens die or Marianne run out of Mana, each and every affected people will learn how to speak and understand French. And, of course, they will sing.

Lore

Louis-Napoléon Bonaparte. Adolphe Tiers. Patrice de Mac Mahon. Jules Grévy. Sadi Carnot.

They were 22.
    22 dreamers, 22 leaders. They died, one after another, leaving their mark, great or small, in History. But despite their affiliations, sometimes their hatred for one another, they all had one common trait. They were the face of the Republic.

Jean Casimir-Perier. Félix Faure. Émile Loubet. Armand Fallières. Raymond Poincaré.

They were 22.
    22 rulers, for one country. Each and every one of them loved, deeply, their land. Or maybe it was the idealized vision they had of it ? Maybe all they loved was but an illusion, after all. The mad dream of mad men, drunk with power, like so many before them.

Paul Deschanel. Alexandre Millerand. Gaston Doumergue. Paul Doumer. Albert Lebrun. Vincent Auriol.

They were 22.
    22 tyrants, if you listen to their people. People who, in time of war, died for them. For their folly, for their ambitions. Or for their projects, their plans, to make France a better place, at least in their opinions.
    Not everyone agreed with them. Themselves were unable to agree with each other, even as Ghosts, on the other side of this world.

René Coty. Charles de Gaulle. Georges Pompidou. Valéry Giscard d’Estaing. François Mitterrand. Jacques Chirac.

They were 22, and at the very end, they were only one. A pact made, between 22 men who could not stand each other. A fusion of 22 Ghosts, unwilling to die and let this world alone. An amalgamation made, of 22 spirits into one, of 22 dreams into one. 22 faces of the Republic, to create only one. A perfect icon. A Ruler who would make their visions come to life. By speech, or by blood.

These names… They are me. I’m these 22 citizens, yet I’m much, much more. This is the sum of me, my friend.

Marianne is the amalgamation of the Ghosts of the 22 dead French Presidents (as of today). These 22 men lived interesting, if not important, lives, but once dead, they all refused to leave and disappear. With none qualifying for the title of Heroic Spirit, except maybe the man who would become Napoléon the Third, they couldn’t do much in this state.

So they decided of a fusion. They needed the Ghosts of 22 of them, and year after year the 22 were assembled. They knew the consequences : this would birth a new servant in the world, a woman who was the face of the Republic worldwide. And so Marianne was born. A being of cold kindness, of tender manipulation, a mix of all the emotions and personalities, yet another person entirely.

Summoned under the Ruler class, Marianne is now ready to lead her people to victory, and this without caring for the number of dead, or the sacrifices. An impure blood will, after all, water her furrows.

Personality

Marianne is… A conflicted woman. On one side, she’s full of compassion for her people, namely Humanity as a whole, and cannot stand injustice or suffering inflicted by the multiple rulers or leaders.

But on the other side, she does not think one minute that her actions can have any kind of negative consequence. Totally oblivious to the death she brings with her when she fight, to the brainwashing of La Marseillaise. And in this, she cannot stand rebellion against her, because she thinks she’s the Ultimate Good that can happen to people.

That’s who Marianne is : a blind woman trying to make people happy, without thinking that they could be happier without her.

Relationships

Charles-Henri Sanson : Thank you very, very much for your services, citizen Sanson. You can rest, now : I’m here.

Spartacus : I’ve heard of you. History’s most famous rebel. Say, don’t you want to join my fight ? We would rebel against oppression together, then. For my people’s sake.

Marie-Antoinette : Not forgotten, neither forgiven. Death and shame to you and your family.

Augustus : You are not a god, or anything close. You shouldn’t have ruled in the first place. You’re the very reason why I’m fighting here, First of Oppressors.

Big Brother : By the Republic… Never I thought that… Never had I met such a dangerous enemy…
    You MUST be stopped. At all cost. Because if you aren’t, I’ll die in the process.

Chandragupta the First & Kumaradevi, Afonso, Maria Leopoldina :
    All of you… were good rulers. You all liked your people deeply, as I do. But I still must stop you here.
    Despite your best intentions, you’ve participated in tyranny one way or another. And I can’t stand that. Because I’m the beacon of this world, and as beautiful they might be, stains on the beacon are stains.

Author’s Notes

Well ! This is my first-ever servant, and I’m afraid it was… Too ambitious. I’m satisfied of the final result, but I worked a lot, and I had to totally scrap the original concept at one point, to finally come back to it…
    A kind of hell, but an entertaining one, because creating Marianne was really fun !

I’m not much well-versed in Fate lore, though, soooo it’s very possible there’s incoherences. Let’s put that on the count of me being a beginner, I guess.
    Also, english isn’t my first language ! I tried to not make any errors, but we’re never safe from these, y’know.
    I hope you’ll like Marianne, despite her being ambitious. Maybe in a few years I’ll rework this sheet ? Only the future will tell.
    My future servants will be much less ambitious, though ! Let’s not do that again for now. Keep it simple, work more on the character itself than the lore behind it or the concept... We'll see !

Blog Entries
    Nice servant. I think its a really good first servant. Its very creative, both its background and its skills.

Blog Entries
    Marianne: So basically the French Avengers? That's genius. For a first sheet I find it pretty good, I'm a bit surprised that you don't consider Charles de Gaulle as qualified to be a servant (though it is debatable).

Quote Originally Posted by Frigix View Post
    Marianne: So basically the French Avengers? That's genius. For a first sheet I find it pretty good, I'm a bit surprised that you don't consider Charles de Gaulle as qualified to be a servant (though it is debatable).
    I actually thought about De Gaulle being a possible servant, but I decided that he would be a tidbit too modern. Only makes more Servant Juice for Marianne, though !

Also thanks a lot for the returns ! I'm looking forward to what everyone else have in store, now. I must say every sheet so far have been great, and I'm really hyped for the rest.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This... Is a much harder prompt than I gave it credit for. Not only the lack of a laptop/computer is being a pain in my butt (long story) but also the lack of experience in the field is truly something I regret now. (Curse you, preference for normal and/or unneventful people.) By now I'd have a clear idea and a direction in a normal month, but here? Not a single clue yet. It's starting to become a problem...

WELL. That can only mean that meanwhile, I get to offer your well-deserved praises.

Hong Xiuquan: Jesus Christ, man. You just came here and wrecked everyone and that's it?? Whoa this sheet.... I'm kinda speechless like the way you get when you see a car wreck, but in a good way, you know? (IS THERE SUCH A THING?) I absolutely love it when sheet makers force us to read everything with attention and try to make us discover where the hidden gems are (which means, I know it's a fking chore but pls do more of these collapsed/hidden sheets you did amazing here and I'm thirsty for more pls pls). This figure is also highly controversial, but you did it so much justice. A perfect rendition of the character, truly!

Marianne: "The Avengers, but French" might be the best way to describe this Servant, better than anything I'd come up with. And true that. I liked the concept behind this Servant very much and whoa, can you imagine having this amount of Phantoms being a part of you? It must be SOMETHING. But for your first sheet, I think you did amazing! I liked it a lot.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Avalon.

The Land of the Eternal Spring.

The Everdistant Utopia that resides beyond this world. The place that she now resides.

It took me far too long to realize how great a fool I had been during our time together. I laid every hatred and contempt I held in my heart on her shoulders, and she bore them for me without judgement or comment.

I should have done better. Should have done many things different. Should have seen things for what they truly were. But I know all too well that we only have so long to do so, and I was too blind at the time to notice until she slipped away.

That was to be the end. She was gone, and I was left fearing I could never reach her. To start again in that untouchable paradise.

But I refuse to let that fear once again stop me from reaching out.

Never played/read/really researched Lostbelts, who this?

The Eternal and Past Queen

Source

Class: Ruler
    Other Classes: Caster, Avenger, Swimsuit Assassin
    True Name: Morgan Pendragon
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: Britain
    Height: 174 cm.
    Weight: 67 kilo.
    Dislikes: Her father. Her own foolishness.
    Natural Enemy: Morgan le Fay. Uther Pendragon. Merlin.

Parameters:
    STR: D
    END: B
    AGI: C
    MGI: A+
    LCK: B
    NP: A++

Class Skills:
    True Name Discernment (A):
    A network of information. An unwavering vice upon the nobility. Influence that covered the entire island from humans to Phantasmal creatures. If she desired information, she would have it, one way or another.

Those who enter her Territory become under this Skill’s effects, only having a short time before they and all features associated with them are transmitted back to Ruler.

God's Resolution (B):
    Fundamentally higher than if she were without Rhongomyniad, she still fails to reach the pinnacle, only bearing a single command spell per Servant.

Magic Resistance (A):
    Cancel spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what High-Thaumaturgy it is. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer".

Territory Creation (A):
    The creation of a “kingdom” is possible. Rather than a workshop, Ruler creates a conceptual kingdom in the land of the summons. In this kingdom, Ruler is the highest authority, and anyone considered an enemy is therefore undeserving of her grace or ignorance. Should she recognize them as such, they suffer a rank down in all Parameters unless they have an equal rank of mental resistance or Skills that allow them to ignore authority.

Personal Skills:
    High-Speed Incantation (EX)
    One who could easily match Merlin in both power and ability, Ruler’s chants boast incredible speed, efficiency, and resolve, each spoken with unwavering accuracy and precision.

Fae Charisma (A):
    Alluring but discomforting and ever intoxicating. Such is the draw of the creatures of the fairy lands. As a result of the ancient blood thought to be lost with her father, Ruler bears an inherently inhuman charisma that charms and disturbs both human and magical creature alike. This Skill is even able to bypass Mental Pollution and other Skills of lower rank that would normally resist Charisma.

Protection of the Ends of the World (A):
    Being a wielder of Rhongomyniad has gifted her divine protection by the Farthest Ends. Other than Mana and Luck, all parameters temporarily rank up during battle.

Affection of the "King of Knights" (B):
    Though Ruler did nothing but scorn her during her life, Artoria had nothing but admiration for Ruler. It is only because of this Skill that she can effectively use Rhongomyniad in combat, temporarily gaining a portion of her skills when in battle.

Noble Phantasm:
    Rhongomyniad: The Lance that Shines to the Ends of the World (A++)
    Anti-Fortress

An anchor of storm that fastens the planet together. A Divine Construct armament. Rhongomyniad is regarded as the "spear of the end", the light of destruction coming down from the heavens, whose power is said to rival the Holy Sword.

Ruler took the spear after Artoria’s death to be used in her plans to bring Avalon down. As an Anchor of the World, she planned to use it to anchor Avalon on the Reverse Side of the World to Britain, connecting and merging them.

Though Ruler wields it, she hardly utilizes it in battle, preferring to use magic to eliminate her enemies. However, she is more than capable of calling upon the spear’s full power, unrestrained by the constraints of certain other wielders. However, she has yet to do so, and it is frightening to consider just how great the destruction it could unleash if she did.

Erosion: Penetrating Blade of Gold (A)
    Anti-Unit

A Mystic Code in the form of a golden dagger, which under the guise of a golden blade used to cut mistletoe, has the ability to sever the mind and soul from the body, as well as allow the user to slip someone else into the body, spirit, and soul of its victim.

Ruler is rather ashamed of this Noble Phantasm, its original use intended to harm and reclaim a loved one. Still, she keeps it both as a reminder of her former self and the lengths she would go to in search of her desires.

Lore

The firstborn child of Uther Pendragon was seemingly destined to become a monster.

Born with a bloodline that should have ended with her father, burdened with the same curse that drove her father to madness, and ignored and passed over by not only her father but everyone else she encountered, the darkness within her was never a seedling. It had already begun to sprout leaves.

However, there was one man who began to prune that sprout, hoping for something more beautiful to take its place. His name is lost to her, but she could never forget that ever -confident smile that accompanied every word he said. That knight, who vanished as quickly as he appeared, had told her to become a great ruler by the time he returned.

She was alone and ignored again. The darkness within continued to grow and spread, but that man had planted something else. Something that threatened to be smothered if she continued to allow herself to focus on the hate for all who pushed her aside.

However, that seed refused to die, and Morgan Pendragon set her mind to a singular goal: succeed her father by any means necessary.

Fate Misguided

Such was easier said than done. Despite her claim to the throne, she had already been all but relegated to “the child that doesn’t matter” by both the nobility and the common people of Britain. She needed to amass the influence necessary to overthrow her father’s idiotic decision. Politics wasn’t going to be enough. She needed power beyond her words or the backing of others.

Over the next decade she wormed her influence into the lives of the nobility of Camelot and Britain at large, learning and teaching herself in magic as she did. The old, diluted Fae blood within her family, seeming to have distilled almost purely into her, aiding and increasing her abilities far beyond even mages that had lived beyond normal lifespans. She continued her ambitions, charming and cowing in equal measure those who refused to acknowledge her for so long.

Her father, his own curse already bringing him past the point of understanding her actions, slowly descended into his own madness. This only served to draw further hate from his daughter, knowing that the shell of a man he was becoming couldn’t even understand that the one he had discarded without even sending her away was dominating his kingdom from within.

It was almost time. She was almost ready to discard him in turn and assume her rightful place as the true Ruler of Britain. And then he was killed by the invading Saxons. All these years, all this anger, all this planning and scheming and maneuvering, and she doesn’t even get the satisfaction of proving him wrong! Of showing him how great a fool he was! Of how she more than deserved what was rightfully hers than some child that hadn’t even been born!

The rage and anger threatened to overwhelm her, the dark tree ready to begin bearing fruit, but the small seed, slowly but steadily growing, refocused her. She pushed aside the undeniable lust to simply destroy everything she had worked for and instead used it to drive her forward.

She enacted her plan, placing herself as the heir apparent to the throne, and quashing any who raised objection to a woman being heir. When word spread of the “Sword of Selection” the king had placed to choose his successor, Morgan was quit to squash such an idea. The king had become little more than a mad fool in the final years of his rule. Why would anything as ridiculous as a sword chosen by a mad ruler be necessary for deciding succession when a clear heir was already present?

So, the sword, while still remaining in their minds, was discounted by the new queen as a method of succession. This, of course, did not prevent others from attempting to draw the blade, but this only served to further cement its status by being unyielding to all who tried. Rumors even spread that Morgan herself had attempted and failed to draw the blade, all of which were false. Morgan never even considered doing so, for that would mean perpetuating her father’s lost hold on her.

Even as she decried it, though, she watched that sword. She ruled her kingdom, fixed what her father had slowly begun destroying, gained both greater support and animosity, and still she never let the blade leave her mind.

That was why she wasn’t surprised when she learned the sword had disappeared.

It didn’t take long for word to spread, and it took even less time for the knight who wielded the sword to appear. With someone new with a “legitimate” claim to the throne appearing, one whom Morgan and many who remembered the prophecy suspected the identity of, her next course of action was clear.

She called for the knight to come and meet their king.

She half-expected not to see them until they were ready to make a bid for the crown, but the knight arrived just as she asked. Morgan should have been more surprised by the knight’s entourage, but the child of Sir Ector and that damned prophetic magus were less than unexpected.

…They looked so much like him. That fact alone almost caused her blood to boil.

Merlin, without anything even resembling shame or curtesy, introduced “Arthur, the rightful heir of Uther Pendragon!”

Now that did cause her blood to boil.

Refusing to let it show, Morgan greeted her “brother” while pointedly ignoring the other two. She said that, while Arthur may have drawn the so-called “Sword of Selection”, whatever claim they thought they had to the throne was meaningless. Even if it was a declaration from their father, he had forfeited that right in every action leading up to it. As not only the eldest child, but as the one who had already been recognized as Queen, any “claim” or attempts to enforce one would be recognized and treated as treason.

It was a threat. One that Morgan did not even try to disguise. This child, who bore that same detested face, would not take what was hers. This prophesied king who had taken all hope and status from her before being born didn’t deserve the throne, no matter what either of those fools said.

She watched the trio in expectation. At that moment, it was as though she would finally be granted her wish by proxy. She would absolutely crush this child of Uther, the shining star of her father’s eye, and wipe away all trace of that man.

Merlin remained placidly unshaken, as though he had already seen what was going to happen and it was all according to his designs. Kay looked as though he was about to call down every curse he could imagine upon her for such antagonism toward Arthur. The young would-be king, who had yet to speak, had their eyes fixed on Morgan. Morgan waited, anger growing for every second the knight remained silently gazing at her, as though they were assessing how quickly they could cross the distance and kill her.

Then, not only to Kay and Morgan but Merlin’s surprise, Arthur drew her sword, kneeled, and offered Caliburn to the queen.

“I am no king. No longer human, I am still unprepared to rule. As I am, all I desire is to serve my people. I offer myself to you, My Queen. For however long you rule, I pledge my sword to you.”

Morgan was stunned, her anger seeming to freeze over at the words. She didn’t know how to respond to the unexpected conviction in Arthur’s words. Kay was the first one to react, asking Arthur what they were saying. The shocked look on Merlin’s face turned to uproarious laughter. These snapped Morgan out of her stupor.

She rose from her seat, considering her response as she approached the kneeling knight. She looked down at Arthur that raised their sword toward her, awaiting her answer.

“If you are my knight, then never draw that blade in my presence again. That sword is nothing but the final reminder of a failed monarch.”

With that, Artoria Pendragon, the king selected by the sword, devoted herself to her Queen.

Ire Mistranslated

For the next decade, Morgan tolerated the knight’s existence as Artoria dutifully served and adventured, amassing renown and followers as her deeds and heroism grew. Several knights began to be drawn to her, all devoting themselves to her and the queen she served. She was the ideal picture of a knight, and one that became known by all for her skill, kindness, and the weapons she employed. For, even after Caliburn was broken, she gained both the mighty sword Excalibur and the lance Rhongomyniad from the fairies.

One would believe a ruler would dream of having such a knight in her service. All Morgan felt was growing suspicion and anger. With every victory and every tale of greatness, Artoria gained the popularity of the people. Every action she took only ingratiated her further to the people of her kingdom. Morgan saw through it.

Even as she smiled to her face, as she lent her name and support, as she brought a new knight for the Round Table, Artoria was working to undermine her. Morgan knew it was true. She knew how the game was played and should have expected no less from one who associated with the Magus of Flowers. It was foolish to ever consider that someone like him would be satisfied serving under her.

But even that belief was at odds with what she saw at the moment Artoria said she would follow Morgan. There was nothing false in her words or eyes when she had spoken. She lied directly to her face, and Morgan was fooled like some sort of ignorant child.

This belief was only furthered by the whispers of the people. Word had spread of Arthur’s origin and the Sword of Selection. Why hadn’t Arthur been made king? Almost every day, Arthur was out there among the people, aiding and caring for them, but what was their queen doing? Staying within her castle, seemingly ignoring them. Never mind that she had ruled justly and fairly. Forget that she had reestablished trade with those Uther had ostracized. Ignore that she personally led their forces to drive off the invading Saxons.

She had done everything right. She had worked tirelessly to surpass her father. She had climbed her way up from the hole of ignorance and idiocy she had been forced into as a child, and now, it was all going to be stolen from her by the very one who was prophesied to while wearing his face!

This frustration and anger came to a head during Vortigern’s revolt where Morgan ordered Artoria and her knights to stand aside while she dealt with them. They watched as she unleashed a display of magical fury for all to see upon her enemies in a torrent of power that even Merlin would find impressive.

That is, until she reached Vortigern who, in a last-ditch effort, consumed the blood of a dragon and transformed into a beast of wrath and destruction. His power was overwhelming even in the face of her raw magical might, and she found herself desperately struggling against him as the castle crumbled around them. She felt her power being drained away as walls were torn asunder and the dragon loomed above.

She tried again and again, but nothing fazed the monster. She could only watch as the dragon gathered his own power and opened his mouth, aiming the ensuing blast directly at her. This was the end.

Until Artoria blocked the attack with Avalon. Artoria took charge, she and her knights charging the monster that had almost killed their queen and threatened their country. Morgan watched many of them fall before the dragon’s might, but Artoria refused, Excalibur a flickering candle before the all-consuming darkness of the beast.

Alone, she faced the beast, planting her sword through one of its massive claws into the ground and drawing Rhongomyniad. Without a single moment of hesitation, she rushed and drove the lance directly into its chest before its free claw ripped through her in a single swipe. But the damage was done, and the Pillar of Light pierced the dragon’s heart.

Morgan didn’t know what to feel as she looked down at her dying “brother”. She should have felt something closer to relief or maybe even happiness at the removal of her rival. Of the one who had been working against this entire time. However, all she felt was empty.

She held the knight in her arms, her dress becoming caked in dirt and blood unnoticed by the woman. The other knights watched solemnly, emotions from fear to rage to grief playing over the warriors, all of which was tinged with a grim acceptance.

"Why?"

The words were barely whispered from between her lips. She looked at the ruined armor, shreds of silver died red with should have been her own life. It was what she, in her darkest moments, had wished for. So why? Why did it feel so wrong?

The knight somehow smiled as crimson trailed down their face and pooled beneath them. She had always hated that smile, for it must have been false. Only now could she not understand how she had mistaken it for anything else.

"I am a knight."

The weak voice belied the strength of those words, conviction ringing through even in the final moments.

"It is my duty... and my honor... to protect my kingdom."

A gauntleted hand found hers, and she was stilled as she heard what she had many times before but never believing them to be true.

"and... my..."

Metal clinked as the hand slipped from hers, and all she could do was stare into the faded eyes of emerald. She stared in both disbelief and slowly growing grief as a single question continued to ring in her mind.

"Why?”

She gently brushed the knight’s eyes closed before rising to her feet, gazing away from the onlookers to the ruined remains of the castle. None of the knights spoke or approached her. However, if they had, they would have seen the tears welling in the Queen of Britain’s eyes.

That day, the entirety of Camelot mourned the death of the brave knight that sacrificed herself for her kingdom. The queen, anger and suspicion replaced with shame and pain, realized all she had done was as her father did to her. She had never given Artoria a chance, rejecting her because if her own preconceptions.

In all her desires to distance herself from her father, she had acted as he did and refused to see what was directly before her. And now, it was too late.

…Or was it?

Queen Misplaced

Morgan wasn’t done with her. Not yet. She couldn’t be. She had to do things right. She couldn’t be like him!

She couldn’t just throw her away.

No one questioned when the queen locked herself within her castle. Rather, no one questioned Arthur’s remaining knights who swore themselves not only to the knight, but her queen. After two weeks, however, even the knights, who received no word from her, began to become concerned. After a month, not even the servants within the castle had seen the queen in quite some time.

Soon, they realized that the queen wasn’t locked away somewhere in the castle but gone without a trace. They searched fervently for any sign of kidnapping or foul play, but she had simply vanished as though she never existed.

The kingdom was, of course, distraught. First, they lose their greatest knight, and then, their queen disappears without a successor or magic sword to choose one. The nobility soon devolved into the same bickering as had started when Uther had perished, continuing only to grow and further divide them into several factions all vying for the throne.

During this time, Kay asked Merlin as he had the day Artoria swore fealty to Morgan how he could have been so wrong in his predictions. Not only was his prophesied king dead, but the country looked as though it was heading for certain destruction. Despite it all, the Magus of Flowers simply smiled calmly even as it crumbled.

“It seems I was a bit mistaken.”

Two months after the queen’s disappearance, Britain was closer to destruction than ever before. Shadow wars and political unrest abounded while the kingdom and its people suffered under their uncaring desires. This vulnerability was something Lucius Tiberius, Sword Emperor of the Roman Empire, was more than happy to use.

Their armies in disarray, Lucius would have likely found an easy victory against Britain had it not been for both the knights Artoria left behind and those who came after, hearing of her exploits or with nowhere else to go. Together, they were able to hold back the enemy forces, but not even Lancelot, one of the newer knights who somehow still managed to distinguish himself among those who fought alongside Artoria, could not defeat Lucius himself.

They were continually beaten back by the emperor, losing more and more ground with each passing day. Even when the nobles began finally marshalling their forces to drive them back as one, it was almost certainly too late. Any hope for victory seemed out of reach.

Until a knight bearing a familiar golden sword appeared.

This knight, calling himself Mordred, swept through the battlefield like a torrent of power, rallying the Briton forces and congratulating the other powerful knights for their ability to hold the line. Mordred never removed his helmet, but many still wondered about the identity of the man that held Excalibur, the sword thought lost to them alongside Arthur.

There were dissenters among the knights of this Mordred’s appearance. Lancelot had come to Britain to meet Arthur and see the so-called “ideal knight” for himself only to find Arthur dead. Bedivere, one of the first knights to follow Arthur, was angered to see another wielding Excalibur, believing them to be trying to replace Arthur. Kay, being the most vocal of them all, outright refused Mordred’s aid on several occasions, more than once almost being his demise.

However, those like Percival, who surprised everyone with his support of the knight, and the newly arrived Tristan stood beside Mordred, even beginning to travel with the knight to each battle.

While they began pushing the Romans back, Morgan reappeared in the castle as though not a day had tolled by. She acted swiftly in cowing those vying for her throne and replacement, reinstating her own rule through force on some occasions. She refused any questions as to her whereabouts the last three months, saying that all would soon be revealed, but only after the current threat was dealt with.

Lucius, both angered and interested by the knight that had seemingly turned the tide, decided to cut down the knight before he could further halt his conquering and challenged Mordred to a duel.

Mordred accepted the challenge and faced the Sword Emperor alone, their battle echoing out as both sides watched in anticipation. When the grueling battle had finally ended, Mordred was the one who remained standing. However, his helmet had been shattered by a blow from Florent, and his face was revealed.

It was Arthur. Neither Kay, Bedivere, or Percival could deny it. Even if the man was more brash and excitable, the face was none other than Arthur’s.
    I could have put such a huge twist here, but decided I was already taking this story pretty far, and knew I would be agonizing over the details of it for a couple days. Luckily, I'm almost 100% positive no one will see this.

Once the Roman forces were expelled and people were free to focus on the implications of Mordred’s appearance, Morgan was more than happy to explain. She said that, in Arthur’s final moments, she was told of a son of the knight that lived beyond the boundaries of Camelot’s influence. For the last three months, she had searched for him, having finally found him only recently and alerted him of his parentage.

Mordred confirmed Morgan’s story, promising to serve the kingdom and its queen as his father did. Kay, of course, saw through the deception in an instant, but could not begin to understand who Mordred truly was. When he watched Mordred fight, it was like an unrestrained version of Artoria that still tried to limit the damage to those around him. Even his actions, while more reckless than his adoptive sister, still had a familiarly genuine core to them. One that still placed the safety of others above himself.

While the others celebrated their victory, Kay found Merlin close by and asked him who Mordred really was. Merlin just laughed.

“Didn’t you hear her? He’s Arthur’s son! The real question you should be asking is ‘Who’s the mother?’”

Dream Misbegotten

It was nearly time. Time for Mordred to fulfill the purpose she’d made him for. Before handing off Artoria’s body to the fairies, Morgan utilized it to create a homunculus in her image, making an almost exact copy with a few minor adjustments such as making Mordred male as Artoria always portrayed herself. The end goal of his creation was to create the ideal vessel for her sister to return in.

One month of growth and two months of both teaching and working to create something to sever the soul, and it had culminated in a body as close to Artoria’s at the time of her death as possible. Her return and Mordred’s battles against the invading Romans was the final test of his quality. One he passed with flying colors.

Now, with her tool to separate Mordred’s soul from his body in the shape of a golden dagger, Morgan was ready. Morgan took Mordred into the workshop she had made in the castle, her son fully aware of the reason. He accepted it early on that his time would be fleeting, taking solace in living on as the knight he’d heard so much about.

Morgan began the ritual to call Artoria’s soul, knowing full well that her sister likely would not accept what she was attempting. It didn’t matter though, as she accepted that it might be what finally earned Artoria’s ire, accepting that as punishment for her own blindness. She’d take the anger if it meant she had a chance to do things right. To apologize, even if it wasn’t accepted.

However, in the final stage of the ritual, standing over Mordred with the golden blade in her hand, she hesitated. Looking down at her Mordred, who looked so much like Artoria, she thought she was ready for this. She had to do this. This would make things better… right?

Why was she even doing this?

Doesn’t matter if she’s accepted? All she ever wanted was to be accepted! She just wanted to be seen. To be heard. To be loved. She just wanted to be looked at the same way people once looked at her father. How they looked at Artoria. …How Artoria looked at her even as she seethed and loathed her.

She wanted to make things better. She wanted to bring back the one who accepted her. Who still managed to smile at her even at the end. And the thought that she would be rejected by bringing her back froze her to her core.

After three months of post-loss planning, she couldn’t do it.

Both Morgan and Mordred left the workshop that day, and though she couldn’t bring herself to say anything, Mordred seemed to understand. All he said was that he promised to serve her till his last breath. Just like his “father” before him.

Morgan wasn’t through though, because even if she couldn’t bring Artoria back, she still wanted to reach her. She still wanted another chance, and even while maintaining the kingdom, she began a new plan. One that she believed even Artoria would approve of.

Avalon. The Land of Eternal Spring. A paradise few would ever know and even fewer would see. Such a place was untouchable by humanity, one that only fairies and other magical creatures could inhabit. Artoria was there, waiting. Whether for Morgan or something else, she did not know. In such a place, Britain would be safe and its people happy. Such was all Artoria wanted.

However, if Britain and its people could not go to Avalon, then Morgan would just have to bring Avalon to Britain.

And so, the queen went back to work, and Merlin watched with great interest, for he realized he could never have foreseen what was coming in his wildest dreams.

Personality

The Queen of Britain is a stern and effective ruler who views her duties as ones needing both pragmatism and humanity to be accomplished effectively. Her actions and demeanor frequently give off an inhuman air, her general lack of expression and neutral attitude leading meaning to question her decisions and rule behind closed doors.

She was not necessarily a loved monarch, but one could hardly argue with the results of her leadership. Her imperious nature, commanding presence, political acumen, influence, and the loyalty of her knights placed her in a position of undisputed power, something her dissenters took great notice and caution of.

The seemingly inhuman queen has been called heartless and tyrannical by many, something that, while seemingly well-founded, is not true. Even while bearing the cold face of a queen, she works to better the lives of her people, mourns their passing with a resolve to prevent meaningless death, and is willing to risk herself if necessary to preserve them, though she knows that is a last resort.

Morgan finds it very difficult to show her genuine feelings to others, seeing the ability to discern another’s while concealing her own as a cornerstone of her power as well as something to keep her distance from others. This is contrary to her want to connect and have true relations with those she’s affectionate of. After Artoria’s death and Mordred’s birth, she worked to separate how she acted in front of others and how she acted when alone with her son with varying results, but trying is what counts, right?

Most of this can be attributed to the burden of guilt she bears for her actions. As she grows older and more distant from her past self, she reflects on her actions and how she treated even the one who accepted her unconditionally. From the beginning, her single wish was to prove her father, Merlin, and everyone else who pushed her aside that they were wrong, and this is merely an extension of that. She will prove that she has changed. She will prove herself someone deserving of what Artoria gave her. She will give Mordred the love she never had, and, when she finally sees Artoria again, she will meet her as someone worthy of her trust and support.

She has a deep-seated hatred for her father and others like him to the point of casting all her negativity onto Artoria for her visual similarities as well as being one of the reasons for her father’s actions. She soon came to realize how idiotic her hatred for her sister was, but the venom for her father never changed.

Relationships

Artoria Pendragon (Saber): So, you are the one who became king.

Artoria Lily: I hardly remember when you were like this. I did my best to ignore you back then. I wish I hadn't.

Knights of the Round Table: The Round Table. I remember my father using such a thing. It was why I had it destroyed. I almost regret it.

Merlin: A fools prophecies only come to pass if the rest of the world is as foolish as the one who made it.

Arthur Pendragon: Mordred? …No. You are Arthur, are you not?

Mordred: A reflection of her steeped in anger. Seems it was good I did not pass it on to my own.

Agravain, Gaheris, Gareth, Gawain: Children from another world. Odd that I would have so many.

Goddess Rhongomyniad: I understand you perhaps far too well, but not even I would go as far as you did. My sister would never accept you, and neither shall I.

Emperor Chandragupta the First & Empress Kumaradevi: Family and country loved and treated as such. Were only all such as yours.

Augustus: Had you been one vying for my throne, I would have likely assassinated you in my younger years. That's a testament to your skills.

Hong Xiuquan (Berserker): A delusional fool who discard everyone who doesn't play into them. Had he lived, I feel he would have become like you.

Guenivere: That is my goal. An eternal kingdom where she can live knowing they are safe and free.

Temujin: I should wipe you from this planet this instant, but it seems your time has already passed. ...You don't even realize, do you?

Miguel I: Morgan avoids him. He's too familiar in more than one way.

Vortigern (Avenger): Leave now, Dragon. You are not welcome here.

Edern ap Nudd (Lancer): You are so familiar. Like a distant memory just out of reach. Who are you?

Morgan le Fay: I most certainly should have become you. What was it that made me different? Could it really be something as ridiculous as chance?

Uther Pendragon: Is this who you were before? That only serves to make me fear what Artoria could have become.

The Half-Dead King: This is the man I remember.

Craft Essence

Click me

It was another way to mock her at first.

The knight that surely hated her. Those who chose to follow them. The people that celebrated them. She could see them all crying out for one thing.

"Hail Arthur! The true Ruler of Britain!"

It mattered little whether it was true or not, for it was what she believed. Her “brother”, the one who had drawn the “Sword of Selection”, and the greatest knight of her court. This knight who worked in the light to overthrow her queen while assuaging any fears whenever they met. She was already a king in the eyes of the people.

A King of Knights.

Morgan would never say something so clear in earshot of anyone else. It was her personal name for the traitor, only spoken when together or within her thoughts. Artoria would brush it aside every time, saying she was undeserving the title of “king” when serving another. This only served to frustrate Morgan.

Anger, annoyance, or anything other than seemingly genuine indifference. Anything to prove what Morgan already knew. It never came, and the name eventually lost its edge to even Morgan.

Yet, it remained in her mind. And, even as she delved further into anger and suspicion, the part that thought she might be genuine began attributing that name with something more than a scorn.

At some point, that name was spoken with grudging admiration and eventually shame after her death. She wished she could have seen it before. Seen the truth through her own hatred of her progenitor.

A King among Knights.
    To a fool of a queen.

Creator Notes
    I… I mean, do I even need to say it at this point? I have no idea where this came from. I was gonna make a joke Servant and a serious one. Now, I’m making two serious ones. I don’t know anymore. This always happens when I look for a Servant for a contest.

I’m going to be 100% honest here. I did not read anything about the English Lostbelt until after I was halfway through writing the lore, which was already after I had written everything else except the Relationships and Craft Essence.

I have not reached the Lostbelts in my watch-through, nor did I know about Beryl’s issues or the actual name of the English Lostbelt. I don’t know how to feel about somehow making a Lostbelt Ruler that somehow meets the vaguely defined requirements they would have without even realizing it. I’m just going to accept it and move on, mostly because it will most certainly be nothing like this.
    Besides, from what I’ve read, it’s actually probably closer to Padoru’s Vortigern if anything. I just thought it was cool how close I got without trying.
    Edit: That thought lasted for all of 8 hours.

ASU Morgan is somewhere down the line. It's even possible Swimsuit Morgan might come out before the real thing.
    [Garden of Avalon-03 Stories]
    [Replica Blue └Shoujo Byou┘]
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; March 20th, 2023 at 05:53 AM.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i have seen the pictuuuure~ you couldnt hide it well enooouuugh~

I think you misunderstood something. LB6 is not out yet. currently only the pre-release campaign is going on. The name of the LB is known to us only for a few days.

Big work, good work, continue the work

Edit: oh wow an hour later LB6 stuff was revealed
    Last edited by DelRey; June 11th, 2021 at 08:05 AM.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Morg's back to his Arthur-verse, right on time for LB6! And newly-revealed canon Morgan is a Berserker, oddly enough.

Anyway, good work on this one, Morg. I like the way you write the lore, it gives her a whole lot of characterization that didn't get covered in the personality section. Wonder if you'll start doing other Morgan alts like you did for Vortigern anytime soon.

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Serendipitous timing, and surprising that you didn't take inspiration from the LB6 hype. Honestly, that just makes the great stuff here even more impressive, Morg. (Morg, Morgan... something you wanna tell us?)

Seems like you and Iboth went Arthurian in decidedly different directions, hmm? Putting the final touches on my sheet in relationship text. Quotes are hard. Should be up by tonight or tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    i have seen the pictuuuure~ you couldnt hide it well enooouuugh~

I think you misunderstood something. LB6 is not out yet. currently only the pre-release campaign is going on. The name of the LB is known to us only for a few days.

Big work, good work, continue the work

Edit: oh wow an hour later LB6 stuff was revealed
    I haven't the faintest what you could possibly be talking about.

The wiki knows all. Or at least most. Saw the title being Avalon le Fae a week ago by the time I got to Artoria's death and realized who was probably the Lostbelt king.

Only after my reviews. I'll work on those today.

Wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Morg's back to his Arthur-verse, right on time for LB6! And newly-revealed canon Morgan is a Berserker, oddly enough.

Anyway, good work on this one, Morg. I like the way you write the lore, it gives her a whole lot of characterization that didn't get covered in the personality section. Wonder if you'll start doing other Morgan alts like you did for Vortigern anytime soon.
    I'm sorry, I must have misread both of you...
    ...Oh my stars, Lostbelt 6 details have been revealed... Why is everyone a woman? Has genderbending gone too far?!

Personality can only cover so much. Only Morgan stuff is my take on normal canon and the Swimsuit version I wanted to make before considering she technically wasn't a ruler in canon despite being a "fairy queen".

Quote Originally Posted by realcasually View Post
    Serendipitous timing, and surprising that you didn't take inspiration from the LB6 hype. Honestly, that just makes the great stuff here even more impressive, Morg. (Morg, Morgan... something you wanna tell us?)

Seems like you and Iboth went Arthurian in decidedly different directions, hmm? Putting the final touches on my sheet in relationship text. Quotes are hard. Should be up by tonight or tomorrow.
    Completely unintended. Had I more free time, she would have been finished sooner.
    Morgan was supposed to be my big finale, you know? My last foreseeable Arthurian. Thought it'd be appropriate, given my username (which actually has nothing to do with her), but, looking at my list of planned Servants, that would be a long time off.

Well, this just got interesting. I await with baited breath.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Why is everyone a woman? Has genderbending gone too far?!
    Not the thread for it, but in brief--
    Spoilers for anyone who doesn't know and doesn't want to
    These girls are not the real KOTRT, they seem to be Morgan going "FINE I'LL MAKE MY OWN ROUND TABLE WITH BLACKJACK AND HOOKERS"."Fairy Knight Gawain is really Barghest, and "Fairy Knight Tristan" is Baobhan Sith (who validates my Tristan/Melt shipping immensely by looking exactly like their love child, lmfao). I don't know who Fairy Knight Lancelot is yet but I believe it's some kind of water fairy. Also there's other fey like this Habetrot character and apparently Oberon rocks up, so we're in for a wild ride.

(Pretty coincidental that D&D5e's fey-themed adventure just got announced this month too...)

Well, this just got interesting. I await with baited breath.
    Just finished all the 'canon' character quotes (and referencing several of your older sheets, honestly. The two that I could wrap my head around how to reference in the lore I'm working with), and just committing to the task of typing up a relationship quote for the 11 servants submitted so far. Whew. Here we go.

...And a Bond CE too, dammit, I'm stumped on that one...
    Last edited by realcasually; June 11th, 2021 at 02:29 PM.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not the thread for it, but in brief--
    Spoilers for anyone who doesn't know and doesn't want to
    These girls are not the real KOTRT, they seem to be Morgan going "FINE I'LL MAKE MY OWN ROUND TABLE WITH BLACKJACK AND HOOKERS"."Fairy Knight Gawain is really Barghest, and "Fairy Knight Tristan" is Baobhan Sith (who validates my Tristan/Melt shipping immensely by looking exactly like their love child, lmfao). I don't know who Fairy Knight Lancelot is yet but I believe it's some kind of water fairy. Also there's other fey like this Habetrot character and apparently Oberon rocks up, so we're in for a wild ride.

(Pretty coincidental that D&D5e's fey-themed adventure just got announced this month too...)
    Looks like Nasu's picking up our "hide a sheet inside another sheet" tactic

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Looks like Nasu's picking up our "hide a sheet inside another sheet" tactic
    OH GOD THEY KNOW
    THEY SEE OUR SINS

(Servant, Watcher: Nasu)

Blog Entries
    Welp. Someone needs to make him for this contest now. God King of Fate: Nasu.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    swear to god I'll fight someone

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like a NittyGritty-thing

I would not wonder if few years down the line it is revealed the abrahamitic religions in the Fateverse all worshipped Nasu
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Huang Xijuan: masterfully executed, I’ll be honest too, I didn’t actually notice that you needed to click the personality and bio part until after a second time reading. I thought this little bit of flair added even more to the sheet as it gave an insight into the personality of your servant. I also liked how your noble Phantasms for the most part were non-combat based and most focused on debuting enemies. Overall I think you captured the idea of a despot religious leader very well.

Marianne: overall I liked your sheet, like the others have said I think it’s a great job for your first sheet. I liked the main noble phantasm as I feel as though if she was summoned to a holy grail war that she wouldn’t care to involve citizens to her greater cause of achieve the wish she strives for. The only thing that I personally wished you did was provide translations for the skills names but like I said it’s more of a personal issue I have than anything else

Morgan Pendragon: Great timing on releasing this sheet right before the release of LB6. From the personality section I got a siblings that grew up hating eq her but then like each other now that they’re older vine from her which could be especially interesting if we ever got any interactions between Artoria and uther too. The connection to rhongo was a nice thematic touch too as it would seem likely that she would be able to wield it too due to its magical importance.

Blog Entries
    The time has come.

Josiah: I guess the first question is: Why Zeldris?
    Interesting ideas and NPs with a pretty useless Battle Continuation (not that it wasn’t already pointed out in sheet). What Therion says are also my thoughts, but that may be because I relish the chance to go deeper.

Emperor Chandragupta the First & Empress Kumaradevi: Possibly the power-couple of the prompt.
    I understand using every chance you get to display your characters, but I’ve never been a fan of having them comment something after every Skill. The sheet part to me is meant to be the more technical stuff before delving into them in the other sections. Mostly because it just kind of looks cluttered. Other than that, I really like this pair and their abilities, though Alaya's Gift seems kind of arbitrary to me and not really the sort of thing Alaya would do.
    Also, why do people keep trying to personify Alaya as a woman? It’s the collective unconsciousness of humanity. It has no gender or personality. It’s a reactionary force that works to keep humanity from becoming extinct. Gaia doesn’t have one either unless you count Tanaka, who’s basically a baby to further show it had nothing resembling one before then.
    Minor rant over. Is good.

Augustus: Shizuo was perhaps the wrong faceclaim. Should have done Sora from NGNL.
    Man, I would have loved if you referenced Sunny’s old Damocles Servant. I think the two might get along. Making a character an NP. I can get behind that.

Memhed II: I like that you make your own, but I’m just kinda wondering why you didn’t use the obvious faceclaim.

Commodus: Look! Prancing across the earth! It’s Alcides! It’s Heracles! It’s… some wimp…
    At some point, we need to step back and remember that Ruler’s are supposed to be impartial judges summoned by the Grail who would desire no wish from it. We all know what this dude’s after.
    I honestly think D rank GR would only give him the typical 3 command seals master’s have considering A gave Jeanne 2 per Servant, which is a far cry from D rank. Other than that, I saw his final ascension, and I am so for this guy. Probably one of my favorites you’ve done, putting him right alongside El Dorado and Icarus. Bookmarking for vote.

Big Brother: Onee-san’s a lot more controlling than I remember. …Note: Light novel idea-My Onee-san is a Tyrannical Dictator and I’m just a Rebellious Onii-chan! I wouldn’t read it, but it’d certainly be one of those that makes you go “That can’t possibly be real” only to discover it is.
    As an appreciator of the feel-good novel the is 1949, I am here for this. I don’t have much else to say except maybe “Otto von Bismark Servant when?”

King Afonso I: And thus, the Portugal series is finished. Kinda jumped the shark at season 3, but really stuck that landing.
    I almost had Morgan say something to him, but decided there really wasn’t anything for her to say. Kinda where I am too on him. I can you would have writer’s block, as you’ve basically explored the ideas in the earlier three. Still, not a bad way to finish up.

Maria Leopoldina: Big mama ‘bout to slash people that would hurt her babies.
    I always like your ideas, but I also mostly feel some of them need something more. What you put for Apega and Crystal Palace feel right but don’t seem like the right amount for someone like her. I need more, something I can sink my teeth into and have to work to bite off. Not a bad Servant, though.

Hong Xiuquan: Well, aren’t you just a delight! I absolutely, positively love revisionism!
    Ah, the False Messiah. I despise him as a person, love him as a villain, enjoy him as a Servant, and wish to never meet him. A neat sheet with some nice presentation and details on both sides. Kinda surprised he doesn't have anything to say to Qin Shi Huang, though.

Marianne: If the American presidents can do it to Edison, why not just cut out the middle man?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    “...I was a queen, once. Now, I am just your Servant, Master. If any of the power I have can be of use to you, I am at your command, but... I warn you. I have failed in my duties before... Do not put too much faith in me. I am only... human.”

Class: Caster
    True Name: Guinevere, Ayaka Sajyou
    Alternate Classes: Berserker, Ruler, Lover
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: Arthurian Legends
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Earth or Sky, Female, Humanoid, King, Pseudo-Servant, Servant, Weak to Enuma Elish

Parameters:

STR: D

END: C

AGI: B

MGI: C+

LCK: D

NP: A

Lore:
    Guinevere was born the daughter of King Leodegrance, the king of Cameliard, a kingdom that bordered Artoria’s own Camelot. Growing up, she had heard tales of the adventures of the hero king, and it was no small secret to say that she harbored something of a crush on the legendary figure much like many on the modern era would bear such feelings towards the celebrities of their time. As such, Guinevere had absolutely no objections when told by her father she was to be wed to the King of Knights as a symbol of their united forces.

The wedding was a grand affair that lasted a week, and all of Britain celebrated the new king and queen of Camelot. Her father gifted Camelot with the Round Table that would become the symbol of the Knights who sat around it. It was the happiest week of Guinevere’s life... until Artoria brought it all crashing down. She knew she could not hide the truth from her wife forever, and broke it upon their final wedding night. It was not so much the true gender of the king that bothered Guinevere-- Artoria was still the person she’d admired, still everything she imagined. But the king made it clear that because of the nature of who she was, she could never truly return Guinevere’s feelings. She needed a queen because a king needed a queen, not because she felt anything for Guinevere.

Part of Guinevere understood. She was intelligent, and versed well in the ways of courtly politics. Another part died that day-- her innocence, her childish dreams of a happy future. Ten years of pining annihilated in a few words, grating all the more that there was not a drop of malice behind them.

But she would keep her head high and play the part of a dutiful wife and noble queen. Even in her sorrow, she would keep her reserve for the people, and condemn herself to weep only in solitude.

Though Artoria could not return her feelings, it did not mean that others were blind to the charms of Guinevere. As a matter of fact, there was one knight amongst the Round Table who found himself unable to ignore the feelings the beautiful young queen stirred in him-- Sir Lancelot du Lac, the Knight of the Lake.

It was after Sir Tristan’s infamous admonishment that Guinevere and Lancelot would speak in private. Lancelot still remained loyal despite the shortcomings some of the others saw in their king, and though Guinevere’s heart still yearned for what could have been, her loyal love burned ever on even when left without the kindling of reciprocation. But as they spoke, at first wishing only to find a mutual method by which they could lessen the burden on Artoria’s shoulders, they both began to come to equal, creeping realisations. Lancelot saw Guinevere. He saw the pain in her heart, and the incredible burden that supporting a king who could not love the queen without ever yielding to her despair took on her. Being listened to, truly, for the first time... As the fire was finally fed, Guinevere could not help but fall for him as she had once fallen for tales of the hero king.

She could not shoulder her secrets any longer, and would tell Lancelot the truth of the king’s secrets. The two of them would remain torn between loyalty and being true to their feelings, and Guinevere would sob every night as her heart fractured more and more, all the more that Artoria suspected the truth and could cast no blame towards either of the secret lovers, even as they trysted again and again in the furthest reaches of the Castle of White Walls.

Such a situation could never last before something snapped. It was Agravain who finally broke the status quo by stumbling across the affair. As the man who rivalled Bedivere’s loyalty-- though for vastly different reasons-- Agravain was incensed by Guinevere’s infidelity. He drew a blade on her in fury that the queen could ever betray the king, could ever forget her purpose for something as trivial as the heart.

Even though he intended only to frighten her, this was the last mistake he would ever make. The Iron Hand was struck down by one blow from Arondight-- a blow whose deliverer carved a swathe through the castle’s occupants to land it true in his fury. After so long trying to deny, to hide, Lancelot’s emotions had boiled over.

It could not have happened at a worse time. The rebellion of Mordred, bastard son of the king and the witch Morgan le Fay, was peaking in kind, and the lovers had just handed the usurper all the ammunition he could hope for. With their crimes brought to light, the people-- knowing not the truth-- could only bay for the blood of the traitor queen. Artoria, though she did not love Guinevere, held respect for her after she had stood beside her all this time. But the very reason this had all began was that Artoria was committed to the inhuman path of a king... and the king had to give the people what they demanded.

Lancelot fled, having no other choice-- swearing to his love that he would return for her. Guinevere, imprisoned, could only fall ever deeper into the depths of the darkest despair... and Mordred would do little to help the situation. To mock her, he proposed to her, saying something like “I’ll protect you if you agree to be my woman.” Upon her rejection, a grasp at the last shreds of dignity she held onto, Mordred revealed that he, too, knew Artoria’s secret, and just how much worse than Guinevere ever suspected it truly was.

She broke. Nobody could withstand the horror of Guinevere in that moment. All her life she had refused her own happiness in order to act as a mechanical queen. Condemned was she for daring to even hope at feeling love again, for daring to grasp at the hand of her own childish self who still believed in such things. She had damned Artoria, damned Lancelot, damned all of Camelot with her selfishness, and the knowledge that she wasn’t even the only one who’d been unfaithful, willing or not, destroyed the last of her will to do anything but cry.

Lancelot would return as he swore-- slaughtering Gareth and Gaheris in his mindless drive to spare Guinevere her fate. Together they fled back to France, where they were finally spared from the ever-growing storm that signalled the fall of Camelot. Guinevere would sleep without unrest for the first time in what felt like years that night, clinging to Lancelot in her slumber. But even as exhaustion claimed her, she would weep-- so broken that even in the depths of unconsciousness she would murmur fitful apologies to Artoria, to Lancelot, to all those that the chaos had claimed.

It is unknown to history what happened to Guinevere after her escape with Lancelot, especially after he fell into madness from the guilt upon hearing of the tragedy at Camlann. Some say she died of heartbreak at the news, a factor that contributed to Lancelot’s insanity. Some say, overcome with her own sins, she turned to God and spent the rest of her days in a convent. The only thing that is known for sure is that Guinevere, former queen of Camelot, believed to her dying day that the entire chain of events that spiralled impossibly out of control-- the doom of the Round Table-- was her traitorous, selfish fault for being unable to release the dream of an innocent little girl.

Centuries later, in another world entirely, there would come another girl. Her heart too stained by loss and pain, her fate too inexorably tied to a wielder of Excalibur... Is that why Guinevere inhabits her body? Or is it maybe hoping that this time...?
    Description:
    Guinevere is an individual used to wearing many masks. When required to be, she can be every inch the proper queen-- regal, just and caring for her king, her castle and her country. However, this is the most shallow form of herself, abstaining from ‘womanly’ things that do not suit and even forced to shun human emotions-- little more than an automaton persona she must don to become a cog in the political machine. She loathes being forced to act this way, though she understands when it is necessary.

Beneath that mask, the woman that is Guinevere is a little different. When not forced by her role as a queen to stifle herself, she shows a side of herself that reveals much more of her self-perception. Guinevere, even in her brightest moments at Camelot, lived under a great deal of stress. She was an ordinary woman, who could never truly flourish in an environment such as Camelot, a place where the affairs of the occupants so frequently straddled the line between Sides of the World. While she is not quick to anger, per se, Guinevere in a ‘casual’ setting is prone to easily becoming distressed by matters beyond her control. She’s insecure, expecting rejection in most endeavours and responding with morose bitterness. Her tongue can be surprisingly sharp, but more often than not she turns its sting on her own perceived shortcomings.

A lighter side of her does exist-- one that, due to never truly experiencing the realities of ‘romance’ or more intimate subjects for much of her life, surfaces when confronted with such things-- almost always resulting in a humorous blushing and stammering episode. She’s also quite fervent when defending her King, oftentimes comically so-- even if it is only a reflection of the way she internalises everything negative about their shared reign. But, though she has her moments of levity, Guinevere lives as a woman convinced that she will bring only suffering onto herself, and pushes against those around her so they will be spared the pain she feels only she deserves.

But even this is not quite the truth. There is one final layer beneath this thorned exterior-- the side of Guinevere that even she shuns, knowing nothing else. Guinevere, at her deepest core, wants to believe in love. She was taught to shun such childish fantasies, to force onto herself the concept of what ‘a queen’ should do at all times to the degree that even when she does not have to keep up the facade it is hard to truly shed her restraints. There is a part of Guinevere deep down that believes that while a happy ending may have escaped her grasp for good, they must still exist somewhere in the world. The part that fell for Lancelot when she realised love could be more than just a presentation for the sake of the people, the part that dreamed of a happy life with her childhood hero before even comprehending what such things would entail... The mask of the inhuman queen and the cloak of the traumatised ‘tsundere’ enclose this idealistic girl in a prison of sorrow for her own protection, but every so often, in the most fleeting of moments, the light can shine through just enough to reveal she has not entirely lost what she used to be.

Though she shares her Saint Graph with a living human (since ordinarily, since Guinevere never truly accomplished anything noteworthy of her own, she could not be summoned in the Caster class without inhabiting the body of someone with the magical potential to use what she knows of the art), it is very hard to tell where Guinevere ends and her host begins. The two are extremely similar in many ways, from their traumas and cold attempts to shield themselves from more to their secret longing for a valiant protector from a fairytale world to save them. But if a certain girl has had one influence on the Queen of Knights, then perhaps it is the bestowment of a reservoir of hidden strength that Guinevere didn’t know she had-- and still isn’t even sure is her own. But drawing on that conviction, Guinevere herself is ready to accept that if she ever wants to find a way out of the dark, the first steps will have to be her own, whether she is alone or not.

Class Skills:

Territory Creation
    B+
    A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. At this Rank, creation of a "Castle" is possible, superior to a "Workshop" and Guinevere's use of Formalcraft means she is adept at using the magical energy of her surroundings in workings.

Increases own Arts performance by 9%.

Item Construction
    C
    A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Also, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items. Guinevere never engaged in the creation of such things in her life, and only knows rudimentary basics. Her vessel is aware of how to use Witchcraft to create some small effects, but unfortunately she was never very talented at it... Guinevere's main use of this skill is to create magically charged projectiles out of the feathers of birds, her preferred method of basic attack.

Increases own debuff success rate by 6%.

Personal Skills:

Grace of God
    B
    A Skill that denotes the "beauty of royalty". Guinevere was described to have a beautiful countenance, although the depression from the affair being revealed caused her to become more ragged each day. She maintains this skill even in the body of a Pseudo-Servant since the young woman she inhabits is quite gorgeous in her own right when she removes her glasses, this effect only enhanced by the grace of the queen.

Increases own mental debuff success rate for 3 turns.
    Recovers own HP.

Charisma of the Queen of Knights
    B-
    A skill derived from the base Charisma, Guinevere suppressed her ‘self’ to become the ideal queen that Britain needed most under the King of Knights’ reign. Her presence inspires those around her to rally all the passion they have, and allows her to command the respect of an audience whether in a combat setting or one of courtly intrigue. Lesser-willed individuals so inclined may even fall for Guinevere’s regal dignity. However, repeated mustering of this skill takes a negative toll on Guinevere’s sanity due to the strain of assuming the persona she loathes most, and this Skill suffers a permanent Rank-Down from the scarring of her legend by being marked as the Traitor Queen.

Chance to Charm all enemies for 1 turn.
    Increases party's attack for 3 turns.
    Decreases own mental debuff resistance for 3 turns. [Demerit]

Magecraft -> Formalcraft
    R
    ank: C -> A
    Formalcraft is a method of practicing Magecraft that does not require an exertion of magic on the part of the practitioner. A user of Formalcraft is able to conduct mystic workings through the use of extensive rituals and ancient traditions, thus drawing forth results from the metaphysical reaction. Rather than raw power, knowledge is the primary resource required of a user of Formalcraft in order to prepare the necessary mysteries. This Skill does not belong to the Heroic Spirit Guinevere, but instead originally belongs to the girl whose body she is inhabiting, allowing Guinevere, who never practiced but only ever observed magic in her lifetime, to qualify for the Caster class and apply her secondhand but still effective knowledge of ancient mystics to efficient result.

Increases own Arts performance for 1 turn.
    ->
    Increases own Arts performance for 3 turns.

Charges own NP gauge every turn for 3 turns.

Noble Phantasm:

Assemble Round Table
    Gathering Protectors of the Renowned Time

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: N/A
    Targets: N/A
    Description:
    The Round Table, famous for being the very centerpiece around which the legends of the Arthurian court played out, was Guinevere’s before it was ever Camelot’s. It sat in the court of her father King Leodegrance, and came with her to Camelot as her dowry. The same Table would, centuries after all those who stood claim to it had passed, become the core of Chaldea Security Organisation’s Guardian Heroic Spirit Summoning System "FATE", due to its mythical foundation being that of a “place where heroes assemble”.

The same could, as a matter of fact, be said of Guinevere. Whether or not the blame for the catastrophe of Camelot actually falls on her shoulders as she believed, she was a focal point for all the participants of the knightly legend, whether directly or indirectly. She was the queen, the central focal point of courtly stability required to maintain order in the face of the turbulence of Artoria’s reign. They loved her, they hated her, they admired her and they blamed her, but she was a part of all of their lives. As such, Guinevere too is “a woman around which heroes assemble”.

It is this basis which gives Guinevere’s Noble Phantasm its power. By releasing the True Name of Assemble Round Table, Guinevere is able to use her own existence in the world as a catalyst to kickstart a temporary chain summon and call to her side once more the other Knights of the Round Table. Given that Guinevere as a Caster specialises in ritual casting, plus the fact her host has a link to the concept of “summoning a knight”, this combination of factors results in her being able to create a spontaneous ‘backdoor’ connection to the Throne of Heroes through which she can summon her Camelot cohorts.

Usually she is restricted to only one at a time due to the strain on her magical energy supply, a limitation that can be overcome with enough preparation for her ritual, but that has its own risks. She has some ability to influence which knights she calls on-- generally able to produce one who fits her current needs at the moment-- however, just as a normal summoning ritual, there is no guarantee that the knight Guinevere desires will answer her call, especially not those who still bear a grudge against her. Additionally, it is possible that Guinevere will refuse to summon certain figures despite their being most suited to the task at hand due to being unwilling to face her own trauma.

As for the knights she summons themselves, they are admittedly less effective than they would be if summoned as Servants in their own right. They withhold all the memories and personality engraved on their Spirit Origins-- they are no mere facsimile copies, but the true Knights of the Round for all intents and purposes. However, they are not as powerful as their usual selves would be in that their spiritual bodies are formed from Guinevere’s own channeled magic. Even with Formalcraft providing the majority of the energy through ritual, she as a conduit simply cannot channel enough power to keep their existences stable for too long. The summonings are temporary and though they possess the abilities they would as normal Servants, Noble Phantasms and all, they are considered to have considerably less power due to the limited mana supply, and their connections will terminate quicker the more of it they use and ‘overload’ Assemble Round Table’s capacity to keep them registered in the world. They are more akin to Phantom Spirits without a Class, with their powers diminished respectively. This is treated as a Rank-Down to all of the summoned knights’ parameters.

The final drawback of Guinevere’s Noble Phantasm is the most straightforward and perhaps the most debilitating-- Guinevere is unable to fight back while it’s active. Due to her method of magecraft, she has to focus her attention on the ritual to be able to draw out the power and keep the summoned knights bound to the world. As such, the more knights she summons and the more power she channels into them, the more vulnerable she becomes as she must focus more of her attention on the Formalcraft, meaning her summoned knights have to focus on defending her as much as they do mounting an offense.

However, these drawbacks are often easily mitigated by the sheer quality of the knights she is calling on. The Knights of the Round Table are, after all, well known for being the ‘cream of the crop’ of Heroic Spirits, and even in degraded states they are often incredibly powerful in their own right. Provided they remain loyal to Guinevere’s cause and are willing to fight for her as they once did (while she does not hold any Command Seals, the only thing she can do should she be betrayed by
    Agravain and Gawain
    knights who remain vengeful
    is terminate the connection) then her Noble Phantasm proves to be a trump card that holds power, versatility, and a quite possibly lethal element of surprise when her enemies, expecting the attack patterns of a Caster, find themselves on the receiving end of a holy blade instead.

Deals damage to all enemies.
    Increases their damage taken for 5 turns. <Overcharge>
    Grants party invincibility for 3 attacks, 3 turns.
    Reduces own critical star absorption for 1 turn.

Relationships:
    Artoria:
    “...m-my king... I’m... I’m so s-sorry... I’m so sorry...! My fault, I failed you, all of it was my fault...!!”

Artoria Alter:
    “A-Ah...? You aren’t the king that I knew... The king was the purest hero this world has ever known, not a tyrant like Vortigern! ...E-Eh? A ‘more human’ king? ...Does that mean... that you could have...”

Artoria (Lancer):
    “So this is what you would have become? If my foolish heart hadn’t ruined everything for you...? I... see... Can you answer me one question, at least? Are you... happy now?”

Lancelot (Saber):
    “...Lancelot... I’m so sorry. All of it was my fault... I ruined us. I ruined you, the best of them. I don’t blame you if you sicken at the sight of me.... Huh? You... you really...? Y-- You can’t just SAY things like “All my sins were worth it to see you here again”, you-- you thick-headed oaf! H-Honestly...!”

Lancelot (Berserker):
    “My love... no. I lost the right to call you that when my selfish heart caused all of this. Will you cut me down just like the rest? Or does part of you still believe the both of us ever deserved a chance at happiness...?”

Tristan:
    “...Sir Tristan. Certainly, I am... one to talk about the danger of letting one’s feelings run their course. But even with your poet’s tongue, sometimes the truth should not be so plainly spoken. But... then again, it seems the truth will always out, won’t it? It is not as if I can never judge you for your dalliances...”

Agravain:
    “I never wanted anyone to die for me... You were right, Agravain. I failed as a queen... I am sorry you too paid the price for speaking the words on the mind of all my subjects. Perhaps you’d have saved us all the trouble if you hadn’t spared your blade that day...”

Mordred:
    “Don’t think you can still speak to me in such a way...! I’ll never be your queen, no matter what! Besides... even a traitor wouldn’t want such a wretched queen as me... So such a proposition only makes you look foolish!”

Gareth:
    “Oh, Gareth... The most innocent of all of them. You only ever did what you believed was right... and you suffered for it, because of me. It’s my hands that are stained with your blood... Perhaps your queen failed you as deeply as I failed the king...”

Merlin:
    “...You, wizard... You began all this. You shepherded her from the very beginning. I might not hold a speck of your power as a Caster... but I was still once your queen and I demand you answer me! Did you know? Did you know this would happen to her?! Did you know I would--...”

Bedivere:
    “Oh, Bedivere... We should all be grateful that the king had you beside her at the end. If I had been as loyal as you...”

EMIYA:
    “...It hurts to see her smile for you like she never could for me... but I’m not bitter. I’m only glad that there really is someone out there who can make her smile like that... Thank you.”

Gilgamesh:
    “E-Eh? ...B-Beautiful?! Whah-- I mean, of course I am! I am a queen, after all! ...N-No! I am-- Even tainted by all my sins, I’m still taken! One way or the other... But definitely not by you! I don’t care what you’re the King of, show some respect!”

Cu (Prototype):
    “Hmm? A Celtic warrior? I... No, I’m sorry. I’ve never even been. But... something about you seems familiar. What? Another you? What confusing nonsense! I know who I’m referring to... I t-think...”

Arthur (Prototype):
    “...You... are... Y-You really... really are...”

Kay:Kay, coming soon ;) :
    “Sir Kay, brother of the king... You weren’t there, at the end, were you? You saw the smoke from the fire I had started and escaped before you were burned... I am glad at least some survived, but... to lose her because of my actions... To you, especially, I am sorry...”

Dagonet:
    “Hm...? Oh, Dagonet! You always made me laugh, even when I had locked up my feelings as a queen... Even the king, so far beyond us, smiled at your jests. How can you still smile, when you too were failed by Camelot-- by me...? Eh? I’m the fool for not getting it? Pfft-- hey! I-I am still your queen, you know! A little respect...! ...thank you, Sir Dagonet.”

Galeholt:
    “...I have no right to face you. Not when my actions took him from both of us. It only reminds me how wide the catastrophe of my selfishness truly spread... a fate I deserve.”

Angres:
    "...So I see. You, Count Angres, once deemed a vile traitor to the crown... how ironic, that your deeds should end up being all the more noble than my own."

Eleanor of Aquitaine:
    "I-I... I'm... sorry? Who, er... are you? --Your name is--?! I don't think that it is at all! --Because I'M Guinevere! Wha-- Hey! Don't run away like that!! Come back!! Honestly... who would ever want to impersonate ME, anyway? I've been mocked enough... Though... she didn't seem like she was trying to make fun of me... Then I wonder why...?"

Morgan:
    “You... No... that’s not right. You’re not the Morgan I know... you don’t have her... her wickedness. What...? Queen of Britain...? Then the king--? No, it’s better I not ask. I only hope... that you are a better queen than I ever was. I hope your kingdom... is one she could be proud of...”

Josiah:
    “...he's just like... No, I’m sorry. You... remind me very much of someone I care for... and very much of myself, as well. I am... sorry, that the burden ruling places on you can be so terribly heavy. But... if a failed queen can offer any advice... Do not forget that you are not just a ‘king’, you are ‘human’, too. Please... never forget that. I don’t want it to happen again... I didn’t say anything! Children shouldn’t eavesdrop! What do you mean I was talking to you?! I...”

Chandragupta & Kumaradevi:
    “Ruling as equals-- ruling as one, ruling over peace... and you’re happy? You're happy and-- and y-you... you truly... love each other...? I-I’m sorry, there’s something in my eye, I just... I... please. Can you please tell me what that’s like...? Just for a little while...?”

Augustus:
    “I-It hardly seems proper to be gambling away your coffers when you’re supposed to be setting an example for your people!! Honestly, don’t you think about your presentation...? Then again... It didn’t do me a lot of good to grasp at such things, in the end... and it seems like your rule was far more prosperous than my own. Foolish of me to think I’m in any place to lecture you, sinner that I am... B-but still! Don’t you think you should have a little tact at least...?”

Mehmed II:
    “It’s nice to meet a fellow ruler, sir... e-eh? No, I’m sorry, um, I don’t know much about Rome... N-No, you don’t have to tell me--”

Commodus:
    “I remember a time when I engaged in such hero worship like you. I... can only hope that it turns out better for you than for me. But... I never let it get in the way of my duties as queen. With all due respect... maybe that’s a lesson you should take to heart? It would make me happy if someone learned SOMETHING from my own failure... Also, I think there’s a man around here who would love to talk to you about Rome.”

Big Brother:
    “...I... may have failed as a queen. My rule-- my flaws-- may have brought about the end of the greatest kingdom the world has ever known... but even I know that a kingdom ruled through fear and deceit is a kingdom its ruler should be ashamed of! Nobody could love a king like that! And the king actually LED battles, not watched them from behind a screen! More than you can say, you... you childish weakling!

Afonso:
    “You... remind me of the King of Knights, in many ways. D-Don’t think you’ll ever be half as good a king even if I say that! But... at the same time... There is something wholly different about you. You... you know what makes you happy. From one bearing a crown to another, understanding the weight it places on your head... Hold that happiness tight in both your hands, and never let it go.”

Maria Leopoldina:
    “...Truly, it sounds like you are the kind of queen I wish I could have been. You are deserving of your children’s love. But... I know too well the pain you try to hide, as well. I’ve felt it... and been the cause of it. Please... don’t make my mistakes...

Hong Xiuquan:
    “...My king was criticized for not understanding the human heart. Even I was forced to lock away my humanity to be the queen they desired of me, and in doing so my own weakness condemned Camelot to burn. But you... You willingly pretend to transcend humanity? You call yourself a Messiah, when your smile hides only barbarity?! You’re no Messiah. You’re a man, a hypocritical, slimy, disgusting, delusional man! If anything, you’re a devil like Vortigern, and no matter what a dismal failure of a queen I was for the first time in as long as I can remember I am comforted that even my selfish intentions were pure and noble compared to yours! If I’m a bar you fail to clear, there aren’t words for how pathetic you are! Contemptible!”

“Marianne”:
    “Oh, dear... You... I’m so sorry, but... it will happen again, I can already see that. Your dream is noble... but so, I thought, was mine.”

Craft Essence:

...Once, there were two sisters.

One knew not of the other. One lived a life ignorant of her father’s dalliances with his seneschal, knowing not one shared not just her blood, but her face, indistinguishable from her in almost every way but for a heart withered and blackened by envy of a position she felt she deserved more than her other.

At the scheming of the other sister and her accomplice, a traitor-knight stricken from their father’s court and seeing his own recompense, the king was deceived into believing the sisters’ places switched. The king nearly condemned the first sister to death at the urging of the second, eager now to claim her perceived birthright.

The first sister rallied against this claim, and with the help of one knight who stood by her in all things, the truth was outed. One sister’s knight struck down the other’s with ease, and with her crimes exposed the wicked sister was condemned to death.

Upon her sentence, the living sister would regret the entire affair.

She would look back on this tale when she found herself again condemned for a crime, though this time, not one she could deny the blame for.

It was this story that would haunt her again and again through all the misery that followed her, and in its tail a question that would drive an irreparable scar in her thoughts forever more.

The question is thus: “Would all of this still have happened if I had simply...?”

Curiously, once, there were two other sisters, and a story not so dissimilar.

A girl would stand with her own knight at her side, terror gripping her heart at the thought of the challenge they faced, remembering an event strikingly similar-- the death of one sister, so that the other might live.

So would think the girl, overwhelmed: “Would all of this still have happened if I had simply...?”

...the nature of truth is unkind.

When equipped on Guinevere, increases the party's attack and NP generation rate by 10% while she is on the field.

CREATOR'S NOTES

I am going to scream because today, the website decided that every single paragraph break needs its own spoiler tag after I copied the text over. There is NO reason it inserted all of those other than to make me angry. What the FUCK. I've spent over an hour deleting them and THEY KEEP POPPING UP AGAIN.

Anyway! My nervous breakdown aside: Here she is, and though I wasn't sure at first, I'm honestly really proud of the way she came out. Her personality as "depressed tsundere trying to cling to ideals of love" was kind of difficult to make come through properly, but I like to think I managed it in the end. Also all the relationship quotes nearly killed me but it was WORTH IT. I only didn't include Gawain because I was plumb stuck on that one, but I imagine he's another who didn't care for her after the whole Gareth incident, so there's not much to say anyway.

Highlight over her info blurb, you might find a few somethings there. It's the only place I actually SPELLED OUT her vessel's identity. Art isn't mine on that, by the way, that can be found here. It seems like I'm not the only one who noticed the HUGE FREAKING ENORMOUS parallels between Ayaka and Guinevere (aka Proto-Arthur's perfect waifu. Yes, that's the intention. Sue me.) And... I said I'd never do one and I'm sticking to it, but Wyvern, you've come a real long way with the class and even if I still disagree with it, I'm not blind or stupid and Maria was impressive. So, a little shout-out, in a way.

Coincidental that Morg and I both posted our Arthurian queens, although they're quite delightfully opposed. Her dialogue with the Indian rulers stung me the most, I think. Good job on that too.

I know summoning NPs are a little tasteless, but honestly, the more I thought on it, the more I couldn't think of it being anything else. It just lines up so perfectly with everything about who she is and what she can do, with both Arthurian myth and Fate lore. I stick to my guns on this one. It was also inspired heavily by this.

I think that's finally everything. The sun is up and I am going to bed.

Hope you guys enjoy! Let me know if there's any quick-fixes I need to make to any formatting or (god forbid) spelling errors I didn't manage to catch in my sleep-deprived rush to finally post this.

EDIT: This is the creator's notes, not a piece of the sheet I feel bad about changing retroactively because it's not a part I'm to be judged on. I wanna add more relationships, but we'll see if that's a little distasteful. Anyway, I'm adding this paragraph I wrote to Morg about why I chose the tsundere-but-sadder personality type for her in case there's any other questions about it:
    The tsundere thing actually isn't mine. I can't find the source, but I am pretty sure that it is called out by Artoria that Guinevere is one, I believe she compares her personality heavily to Rin's. Also, she's really not unlike one in the original stories, too. I truly can't claim credit for that idea, I'm just trying to be accurate to both canons when it comes to that! Plus there's a touch of Ayaka in there, which influences her personality in that direction, so really though it seems odd at first glance there really was no other way to do it authentically. I decided to try and deconstruct the concept of the "tsundere" with her to have a look at what that personality type would really mean on a character who's so fundamentally broken. A self-depreciating tsundere ended up working pretty well in my opinion. It's a defense mechanism to stop her fucking up anything or anyone else, based out of the last remnants of her 'queenly' personality that she clings to. So... yeah, oddball but alright, IMO.
    Last edited by realcasually; June 12th, 2021 at 01:14 PM.