Page 173 of 367 FirstFirst ... 73123163168171172173174175178183223273 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 7331

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    Isn’t one of the pretender class skills literally called “anti-human order”?
    In the Skill description, it was noted to be a Beast-Class Skill, actually, and our one canon Pretender just happened to have it as a Class Skill. It could be something like Divinity, which is qualified as a Class Skill in FGO, but isn't actually restricted to any particular Class.

In any case, it's true that we need at least one more canon Pretender to have a better understanding of the Class.

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    We have a sum total of one blurb about the Pretender class which should absolutely be kept in mind in every discussion on the topic.

Lostbelt 6, Chapter 30
    Nemo Marine: This mystery Servant's Spirit Origin Patterns, I can't identify it! (Cries)
    Nemo Marine: It doesn't fit the mould of the seven Classes, it doesn't even correspond to a known Extra Class! I’ve never seen a class like that! Holmes, what is thatー!?

Holmes: … I have to say that’s a Class I’ve never seen before. A "Hero" is someone who is rightfully admired by the people and leads their time. And necessarily, there are those who oppose good... Counter Heroes who could be called “Anti-Heroes”. There are people who lie and cheat, who achieve great things through deception. A fake… no, “someone” who has achieved greater feats and power than the original article by swindling even the soul. Not one who seeks vengeance. Not an arbiter. Not a lifeform from outside this realm, nor even a droplet of a greater ego. “Pretender: One Who Wears a Role”. Not of humanity nor beasts, but a fraudulent Heroic Spirit who turns the world itself into their enemy. Certainly, Oberon’s name is appropriate…!

The difference, as I see it, that a Pretender basically has no name; Oberon says that either name is fine for him, because neither of them is "really him" so to speak.
    He's not the Fairy King Oberon; a fictitious individual who never existed in the first place, that's merely a "mould" that he was poured into.
    But he's also not Vortigern; that's simply a name to describe the suicidal impulses of the British Isles, not him as an individual.

Faker, on the other hand, bears no name of their own, but does carry the name of someone else.
    Iskandar's Shadow had no name in life; Faker is the closest thing to what she can call a "name of her own".
    But on the other hand, she was indeed known by the name of Iskandar (and also Hephaestion) in life.

another really good implicative note about it comes from the Pretender himself
    Lostbelt 6, Chapter 30
    Oberon-Vortigern: Is this the new King of the Mors? Oh, this is a Boundary Record Belt, a Servant, huh? A tool born of the desires of mankind, truth, fiction, all shaping this form.

In both Proper Human History and the history of the Fairy Kingdom, the fairy named Oberon did exist.
    But the king wearing the name “Oberon” was little more than a great lie composed of deception.
    “Everything is just a single night’s madness” was the foreword to the “story without truth”.

Blog Entries
    I think a literal adherence to "a Faker has no identity besides their impersonation" is the most faithful to the canon explanation of the class, but it also, like, literally leaves almost zero room for fanservant Fakers that aren't just OCs.

But the way I see it, Fate is all about corner cases. The first Archer in the series is a mage that uses swords. I think there's room to fudge one or two rules of the class. For example, I believe Marie Tussaud is an appropriate use of the class, as she is known for "impersonating" and is a figure with no feats besides this "impersonation".

Justicar makes a good observation, though, that our one example Pretender is not merely "oh I look like this guy but I'm actually that guy!". "Oberon" is as much a part of his essence as "Vortigern".

Not to plug, but this I think the relationship between the identities is critical to being a Pretender, which is why my own so closely resembles O.V.'s. The "exterior" is a figure that sounds like it could plausibly be a Servant but in actuality did not exist. The "interior" is a warlord so demonized/deified by history that they are more a force of nature than a being. They are mushed together by unseen forces until they are not one masquerading as the other, but a wholly unique organism, a cocktail of half-truths and untruths, where even when the veil is lifted it's difficult to tell where the Sun Zi ends and the Chi You begins.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes
    A certain level of formlessness, be it as a part of nature or an individual that not existed
    And the fusion into something that is both and neither.
    I really hope fgo releases another pretender soon, as it is the hottest shit rn

Late Edit:
    Also i think that Lie Like Vortigern and Wry Rhyme Goodfellow sound like they tried to keep the NP names similar in sound.
    I also used that in my Freud Id NP
    Last edited by DelRey; October 13th, 2021 at 12:53 PM.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I ponder if an engineer or a scientist who treats their work like an art would qualify for this contest.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    I ponder if an engineer or a scientist who treats their work like an art would qualify for this contest.
    Bauhaus Servant when?
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

Blog Entries
    i am

2 bussy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    i am

2 bussy
    dont be too bussy, be no pussy
    make a sheet of debussy

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Why does it feel like it’s been millennia since nittygritty last posted a sheet.

Blog Entries
    from my perspective it has been a millenia because i perceive reality at a faster rate than most mortals

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    dont be too bussy, be no pussy
    make a sheet of debussy
    There's a joke to be made here about my second entry but I don't want to be booed off the forum

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drangle View Post
    There's a joke to be made here about my second entry but I don't want to be booed off the forum

Make the boo's your fanfares

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drangle View Post
    Just do it.

Blog Entries
    Well alright, you asked for it...

Spoiler:
    One thing both halves of my Archer have in common is that, one way or another, the mention of "de bussy" gets them very excited.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Somebody get that fucking gif of CR1TIKAL cheering.

Blog Entries
    Well i wanted to save that one if i do sheets for either of them, but i guess now is a good time too

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    This thread is slowly turning into a shitposting thread.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We went from contest --> Lore discussion abt Fakers and Pretenders --> Debussy joke

Also I figured this is better suited for The Womb, but since we're in shitposting mood, I might as well put this idea here.
    An NP that turns cringe into physical pain. Preferably owned by someone who uses puns and dad jokes. Like Drangle's Jugemu-something-something guy but with intentionally worse sense of humor.

Now excuse me as I search through the entirety of human history for the first recorded dad joke.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Also I figured this is better suited for The Womb, but since we're in shitposting mood, I might as well put this idea here.
    An NP that turns cringe into physical pain. Preferably owned by someone who uses puns and dad jokes. Like Drangle's Jugemu-something-something guy but with intentionally worse sense of humor.

Now excuse me as I search through the entirety of human history for the first recorded dad joke.
    Or you can do a sheet for the world's first recorded joke and use that ability in the sheet. I'd say the first recorded joke is still cringeworthy enough to do so.