Page 177 of 782 FirstFirst ... 77127167172175176177178179182187227277677 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    @Spin: Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Where does it say the thrown version of Gae Bolg costs as much as seven usages of the anti-unit version (not that it matters much as long as Archer has a Master who can provide him with lots of prana)?
    Death Flight exhausts Lancer, while Barbed Death could be used seven times.

Stolen weapon? How does he know its stolen? Diarmuid's not a mind-reader. Assuming he even recognizes Gae Bolg on sight (a big assumption) he's going to be thinking "WTF!? Why does he have Gae Bolg!? He can't be Cu Chulainn or Scathach!", not "He has Gae Bolg! He must be a dirty ninja, always playing dirty! .. Oh, and he is also clearly projecting copies of other Heroic Spirits' Noble Phantasms!"
    Bollocks. He's an Irish hero who has deep respect for Cú Chulainn, of course he's going to recognise Gáe Bolg. And the point of Eye of the Mind is that he's going to analyse "this person is neither Cú Chulainn nor Scathath, what are the possibilities and what can I do about it?" as soon as he sees it.

Diarmuid can use Eye of the Mind all he wants. He's going to see Archer walking up to him with a spear he may or may not recognize, and he's going to sense that Archer is prepping his Noble Phantasm.
    OK, you have this biased scenario and all, but what's the point in it? If you're giving Archer the advantage immediately, what does it prove?

(its not like it has a huge charge-up time)
    Stance plus invocation. Whilst he's fighting a ridiculously fast warrior who can keep up with Saber under Kiritsugu and who would beat Lancer as it stands. And Archer has middling track records in a straight fight against each: a moment of hesitation vs. Shirō Saber with a hole in her chest means he nearly got cut in half, and against Lancer it resulted in him having to use K&B because he's experienced in fighting and tracing with them, instead of arsing around with Gáe Bolg which he evidently doesn't use so much.

And, again, you ignore any other possible NPs in UBW that Archer may have that don't require him to be in melee range or that have effects that Diarmuid can't block with Gae Dearg.
    Again, see the point about Kanshō and Bakuya: Archer falls back on them in melee because they're quick to project and he's built up a fighting style with them. He can't afford to pull everything else out, because that actually puts him at a disadvantage.

Nevermind Archer is going to take one look at Diarmuid's spears (possibly at a great distance before Diarmuid even knows he's there) and know exactly who he is.
    Which is nice, but what does that do for him? Not like Diarmuid has a dragon aspect for him to try to exploit or something.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by RR121; June 15th, 2014 at 12:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi
    [18:56] <Satehi> I will never leave Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru
    [12:28:01] <Lian|work> I'm not a shotacon!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt -- Abraham Lincoln

Join Mafia 5 - A great game for losing friends and making enemies!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    @g-man I didn't contradict myself at all. Sabers luck+instincts dodged gae bolg not luck on its own.
    Nah, the way you phrased it was pretty insane.

Saber didn't pass the luck check so Gae Bolg failed
    What does this even mean and how does it have any relation to what went on in the game?

this is the guy who may have been summoned with his swords and chose not to use them because he's a lancer.
    That was a joke: that whole interview series was full of jokes.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Blog Entries
    But that's canon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Nah, the way you phrased it was pretty insane.
    Perhaps. At the very least I said didn't instead of did but I think the idea got through, then again I am the one who typed it, so naturally I understand the context better than anyone else.

What does this even mean and how does it have any relation to what went on in the game?
    Should have said did rather than didn't. Saber didn't pass the luck check then her instincts activated(if that was true her instincts would have done jack towards avoiding it, as she'd already have avoided it), saber's luck+instincts worked together to avoid Gae Bolg.

That was a joke: that whole interview series was full of jokes.
    Thats why I said "may have". Diarmuid, even if he had his swords, wouldn't use them because he's a lancer, that's the current canon. If someone goes around carrying a spear hes going to be pissed, just like Cu Chulainn was when Emiya started using swords as an Archer.

Edit
    I take away my did to didn't thing, with didn't it makes sense in context. I think I was misquoted and people didn't read the entire sentence or at the very least I poorly explained myself(I hope its option 2)
    Last edited by BlackField; November 17th, 2012 at 06:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    Pissed... eeehhhh. Lancer was more like "lol why are you using swords? Playing at being a swordsman?" It wasn't until Lancer disarmed him 17 times to no effect that he got annoyed.

Blog Entries
    Cu Chulainn is much more chill than Diarmuid(at least before he gets lost in the heat of battle or insulted) and Emiya wasn't exactly putting a crap ton of prana into the sword. Basically Cu Chulainn was laughing at Emiya til he worked out that he was a decent swordsman, then started calling him a cheater.

Running up to Diarmuid with prana getting poured into a spear isn't going to be raising his hackles at all. First of all its unchivalrous just to run up to someone and attack without warning. Secondly he's actively insulting Diarmuid by using a spear.
    Last edited by BlackField; November 17th, 2012 at 06:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    Should have said did rather than didn't. Saber didn't pass the luck check then her instincts activated(if that was true her instincts would have done jack towards avoiding it, as she'd already have avoided it), saber's luck+instincts worked together to avoid Gae Bolg.
    Not how it works. If you pass the Luck check, then you have the chance to avoid it. Instinct let her take that chance.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    Uh dude I don't know if you know this or not but Zero Lancer only goes on his crazy chivalry circle jerk because of Saber. Normally he's all you activated my trap card tricky fighter. I'm pretty sure we've gone over this like 3 or 4 times.

- - - Updated - - -

So I highly doubt he's going to get all offended if Archer tries to pull the same bullshit on him.

Blog Entries
    Are you sure about that, I don't think that was conclusively proven at all. I thought there was multiple theories ranging from if you have high enough luck then you can dodge if you know where to move, to just having a luck roll(and Saber's instincts added to the roll). I'll admit I like your theory more(its the one I follow after all) but to my knowledge we don't know the exact mechanics behind Gae Bolg except for the fact that luck is involved and Saber's instincts helped her avoid it.

@Spinach I disagree. I think he'd normally fight with honor unless he thinks his opponents are trash. Saber just made him consider her his top opponent as she was an opponent that was honorable.
    Last edited by BlackField; November 17th, 2012 at 07:22 AM.

Blog Entries
    Food, help, help, I don't have the power to source my claims because I don't throw all this shit into a doc like only a crazy person would do!

Blog Entries
    CM2's discussion is roughly summarised as "Luck, Luck, Luck ... oh, and Intuition helped". Saber didn't fail her Luck roll.

Quote Originally Posted by CM2
    奈須:槍が届く距離の戦闘でタイミングさえ合ってれば、宝具(ゲイ・ボルク)は必ず発動する。 でも相手の幸運の数値が高かったら、まれに外れる。
    武内:ラックでしか回避できない?
    奈須:あれはラックでしか避けられません。たとえ敏捷度がEXだったとしても無理です。 ”ゲイ・ボルク”の一撃に対してセイバーがギリギリで致命傷を避けられたのは、彼女の幸運が高かったからで す。
    武内:セイバーには先読みの能力もあるか。
    奈須:”直感”ですね。彼女はそれにプラスして”幸運値”がBだから、完全には避けられなくても致命傷を免 れることができた。
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    All I'm going to say is I have been misinterpreted or at least I think I have(I'm thinking Seika got the subject the didn't was attached to wrong which would be my fault). I don't think I ever said Saber failed her luck roll, if anything I said the opposite. Saber avoided Gae Bolg through a mixture of instinct and luck, not luck on its own, just like it would do with this hypothetical bullet.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    HATA NO KAWAKATSU
    Class: Rider

Height: 171 cm
    Weight: 64 kg

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Appearance: A man seemingly in his late thirties. However, his whole hair has already grayed to the point it matches the color of his narrow eyes. The marks of years of hard work mar the skin under his eyes. He wears the trappings of the men of the Heian court: a white silk joue robe, dark blue ballooning trousers and a black eboushi hat adorning the crown of his head.

Strength D
    Endurance C
    Agility C
    Magic B
    Luck C
    Noble Phantasm B+

Class Skills:
    * Magic Resistance: Grants protection against magical effects.
    D – Cancel Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.
    * Riding: Expertise to ride animals and vehicles.
    A – All creatures but those of the Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. While he has no experience riding such mythical creatures, his aptitude at creating and controlling a magical vehicle was sufficient to grant him admittance into the Rider class.

Personal Skills:
    * Enchant: The appendage of improved attributes and functionality to the possessions of others. While Item Construction can create magical items basically from nothing, this Skill takes an object of significant value with ‘aptitude for accepting magic’ and imbues it with supernatural properties.
    A – Capable of creating a territory equivalent to a “Temple” with an appropriate combination of synergistic enchants.
    * Golden Rule: Measures one's fortune to acquire wealth.
    C – The Servant is guaranteed to turn any amount of startup money into a great surplus, given enough time.
    * Syncretism: Knowledge of and ability to rely on multiple Thaumaturgical Systems.
    B+ – Kawakatsu used a harmonization of Buddhist, Shinto and Keikyo Christianity principles based on the unification of breathing technique, ritual dance and kotodama—the attribution of power to words born from belief—, with specializations in geomancy and anti-spirit magic.

Noble Phantasms:
    轟龍馳
    Wrathful Voyage of the Great Raging God
    (Kouryuuji, Roaring Dragon Sail)
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 2-99
    Maximum number of targets: 250 people

The magical boat in which Hata no Kawakatsu voyaged towards death and eternity. A large wooden construction the size of a modern cabin cruiser devoid of internal compartments—basically a large wooden open coffin with sails. Every single square inch of its surface is inscribed with mystical sutras that imbue it with its supernatural properties. It is capable of drawing mana from nearby leylines, and it may indeed work as a mobile workshop for a magus. While originally a boat, it has gained the capability for flight, although it cannot lift itself more than three or so meters above ground level. The only metal part of the boat is the bow, ending in a wicked seven-foot long spear tip for powerful ramming attacks.

As the boat travels, it releases a deep grey fog that saps away vitality and brings misfortune to those engulfed in it. People immersed in the rapidly expanding fog must make two separate Endurance rolls. Failure on the first role imposes rank-down to Endurance and Magic, which makes the second roll considerably harder. Failure on the second roll drops the victim’s Luck to rank E, if it was higher, and even success on the roll decreases the Luck parameter by one rank—meaning that a Servant with Luck D will end up with Luck E no matter what. The parameter drops persist as long as Hata no Kawakatsu remains alive. Furthermore, beyond the parameter drops, the fog truly calls for misfortune to befall those affected by it, in the form of seemingly inconspicuous and accidental small disasters at critical moments: food that inexplicably rots, a stone that makes the victim trip in the middle of a battle, power lines that split and fall on the victim when he walks underneath, light sources failing when the victim needs sight the most, and so on.

As an offensive Noble Phantasm, the Kouryuuji can be used for powerful charges with a severe cost of prana for its owner. Engulfed by storm clouds, the boat accelerates to about two hundred knots to ram the enemies with its massive bulk, the terrifying spear attached to the bow and the raging vorpal winds that surround the magical vehicle. Targets must defend threefold against the slashing, piercing and blunt components of the attack. The attack is considered a B-rank Noble Phantasm, but its base damage doubles against targets with Divine Spirit aptitude not of Japanese origin, as well as foreign Divine Spirits and even against Japanese spirits declared heretic—the mystic words inscribed on the boat narrate the tale of how Hata no Kawakatsu killed the false priest Oufube no Oushi and his heretic god, Tokoyo no kami.

“It’s a god, a god!”
    So came its fame resounding
    But Uzumasa
    Has struck down and punished it
    That god of the Everworld.

式三番
    Three Manifestations of Divinity in Human Form
    (Shiki Sanban, Three Ceremonial Pieces)
    Range: 1-50
    Maximum number of targets: 100 people

Among the sixty-six theatrical works performed by Kawakatsu, three of them were selected by his descendant, Hata no Ujiyasu, who lacked the capability and willpower to perform all 66 in succession. These three pieces are the foundation of all existing noh scripts and stand at the pinnacle of Japanese theatrical tradition. The three performances that make the modern Shiki sanban ceremony are only distantly related to these originals, which are themselves thaumaturgical rituals acting as symbolic representations of the Trikaya, the Three Bodies of the Buddha.

• Chichi no jou – The All-Accepting Light of the Heart: The embodiment of the Nirmanakaya Buddha is the realization of enlightenment in time and space. Upon completing the performance, Kawakatsu and his allies swell with vitality upon having received a glimpse of a Nirvana within the reach of mortals. The possibility of the realization of their deepest wishes becomes fuel for the soul and energy for their exhausted bodies. All wounds are healed, all exhaustion is dispelled, and the unceasing flame of hope protects them from mental interference that would distract them from their righteous purpose. Kawakatsu gains rank-up to Endurance.
    • Yonasumi no okina – The Non-Differentiating Radiance of the Heart: The embodiment of the Sambhogakaya Buddha, the body of enjoyment with a limitless form. Kawakatsu’s allies experience the promise of an extra-cosmic realm of pure bliss. The mere glimpse of the possibility of a paradise beyond death imbues them with joy and lightness as Kawakatsu’s performance pleases not only the eyes but their souls as well—a magnificent example of mystical synesthesia. Those who witness the performance and do not consider Kawakatsu an enemy receive a rank-up to Magic and Luck.
    • Inatsumi no okina – He, Who Has Become Truth: The embodiment of the Dharmakaya Buddha, the absolute, immortal truth. The performance itself does nothing to those who witness it, as the Truth-body is something too far beyond the glimpse of impermanent beings. What it does, however, is ensure a contingent effect to be activated upon Kawakatsu’s death. Should the Servant be slain, his existence is not immediately taken by the Grail. It remains, unmoving, frozen for seven days and nights in the form of a glowing body of light; a bizarre form of Independent Action that is not really such. The body of light cannot interact with the world around it. It has no attacks, but in the same way it cannot be harmed by any attack, for it exists simultaneously in infinite worlds yet is also an empty existence. It can only communicate by transmitting thoughts to those within ‘sight’. The body of light draws infinite magical energy from infinite worlds unto itself, and those nearby will find their own replenished just by standing in its presence. At the end of the seventh night, the body of light simply snuffs out of existence.

Background
    Hata no Miyatsuko no Kawakatsu. A legendary figure from the Asuka Period whose entire existence was governed by an endless thirst for power that was never sated. Even as a Heroic Spirit, he wants nothing else: control, dominance, the position to rule over others and the satisfaction of standing above everybody else. The name ‘Hata’ is synonymous with ambition; it courses through his blood and governs every single one of his thoughts.

The men and women who would become the Hata Clan arrived to Japan from Korea. They descended from the great Chinese emperor Qin Shi Huang and Nestorian Persian traders that migrated to China via the Silk Road. Driven by their genetically engraved ambition, they hungered for control over the fledging island nation. The first priority was thus ingratiating themselves with the ruling family. To achieve this, they used a bizarre combination of Magecraft and subterfuge. Mimicking the tale of Moses, they put one of their own, not a baby but a young child, inside a jar which was left to drift in the Hatsuse River. The jar would be found by a high court official jar near the gates of the Miwa Shrine in Nara. This man saw the encounter as a fortuitous event decided by Heaven, and the tale of the baby in the jar quickly reached the ears of Emperor Kimmei. At the same time, the relatives of the boy completed a powerful ritual that enveloped the entirety of the emperor’s residence. That night, every person resting there experienced the same dream. The child in the jar appeared before them and spoke: “I am the reborn spirit of the emperor Shi-huang of the Qin Dynasty in China. My destiny has a connection with Nihon, and I now appear before you.” Soon enough, the child was brought to court and, with him, the foreigners he called family who swore allegiance to the miraculous boy. Under the thorough education of the court, he grew a man of surpassing talent and wisdom, becoming Minister of the court at the age of 15. He was given the family name ‘Qin’, read ‘Hata’ in Japanese.

He proved himself a competent economist and administrator; he is attributed to have brought silk and its trade to Japan as well as participating in the early design and construction of the city that a century later would become Heian-kyou (Kyoto). The feat for which he is most remembered, however, are the sixty-six dramatic pieces he created and performed to pacify unrest and disturbances among the population. Kawakatsu’s performance at the Shishinden Hall was so remarkable, perhaps even magical, that it became the talk of the country for a very long time, to the point that it pacified the entirety of the Japanese territory. For this reason, it was decreed that this form of entertainment should be passed on for the benefit of later generations. It was given the name kagura, ‘god-given entertainment’. A modification of the kanji would later create the name sarugaku, which is itself the ancestor of the major form of Japanese musical theater, Nougaku (or just Noh, for short).

Kawakatsu served Emperors Kinmei, Bidatsu, Youmei, Sushun and Empress Suiko. His ambitions were constantly thwarted by Japanese xenophobia—the royalty of Nihon was extremely secluded and mistrusting, even of foreigners working at the court, by the constant bickering of the noble houses of Soga, Mononobe and later Fujiwara, and by his own clan’s efforts to spread Keikyo Christianity in a country that firmly rejected foreign faiths. But perhaps his greatest obstacle was another ambitious young man born a few years after Kawakatsu’s arrival to the imperial court: Kamitsumiya no Umayado no Toyosatomimi no Mikoto, also known as Prince Shoutoku. While to the eyes of everyone they were close friends and Kawakatsu a loyal advisor to the regent, it was an issue of ‘keeping your enemies even closer’, as they constantly tried to undermine each other in the subtle interplays of court politics and bureaucracy. Shoutoku came out victorious thanks to the efforts of one Fujiwara no Kamatari (614-669) who strongly opposed the official adoption of Buddism by Regent Shoutoku and his allies, the Soga clan. Naturally, Kamatari saw Kawakatsu as an ally of Shoutoku, but unlike the Soga, the regent did not protect his minister from the political attacks of the Fujiwara, which eventually sunk Kawakatsu’s reputation to the point that Shoutoku ‘had no choice’ but to ‘sacrifice him’ and banish him from the court.

Hata no Kawakatsu was not very happy. Although his fall did not bring major harm to the rest of his clan, which would still thrive as traders and playwrights in the court, his personal ambitions have been shattered. Driven almost to dementia by the weight of his disappointment, he crafted a boat with powerful Thaumarturgy and allowed himself to drift, pushed to wherever the wind may take him. Wherever he went, plague and disaster struck, as the magical boat continued its travels long after Kawakatsu starved to death, for his spirit remained imprinted on the boat as a wraith that spread ill-will throughout Japan. Unaware that wraiths degrade and disappear with time, the people of Harima—the wraith’s latest victims—began to worship him as a kami to placate his wrath. Thus, he is also remembered as Taikou Daimyoujin, incarnation of Bishamonten.

Keywords
    KaguraThe Kagura Shinto dances, albeit at their core a theatrical performance, contain within their motions and patterns a codified form of ritual Thaumaturgy. While attributed to Hata no Kawakatsu, it borrows elements from the Mikoism practices of divine possession standardized by the legendary Himiko of Yamatai and Chinese martial arts brought to Japan by Buddhist monks. Instead of complex magical circles and ritual sacrifices, the magical procedures are encoded in the dancing motions, the ritual elements and the layout of the ‘theater’ where the dance is performed. Kagura includes rituals for divination, pacification of spirits, purification of both people and objects, and advanced exorcism; its most advanced ‘techniques’ capable of slaying even Divine Spirits.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Doesn't matter. The roadblock was Sabre's chivalry.

As Nasu puts it, Lancer was the pristine container ready to accept chivalry, and Sabre was the crystal clear water for that container.

Basically with Sabre, Lancer fell into a vicious chivalric mental masturbation cycle.

Kayneth was doomed to fail as long as Sabre was in this War.
    Foooood where is this froooom.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's Zero Material.

Blog Entries
    I wiiiin

Blog Entries
    JUst a question for Hata no Kawakatsu's profile... How long does the effect from Shiki Sanban last?

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Blog Entries
    @Asdfghl: Going to take some time for me to reply to your comments on Solomon, but for Arcas: Arcadia does indeed transform the land around him, and I did see "Crossing Arcadia" on Atalanta, but didn't feel like it quite worked for Arcas - Atalanta is a lioness, Arcas is a "little bear" (some say dog, others raccoon, badger, wolverine; you get the picture).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    It's nice to see you posting some Servants, Lyco! ^^; You always seemed pretty hesitant about them but they've all been pretty interesting - even if I feel iffy about Naruto ones, that's only because I'm not a fan of the series and you had to remove some really iconic stuff just to get him in the container at all.
    Thank you; I wanted to try one for Itachi, one of the few characters I like in the series and with items actually qualifying for Noble Phantasm status, so I decided to give it a shot. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    I think your Solomon is fine, though I do agree that you could have maybe wanked him just a little bit more, maybe an NP related to the Temple of Jerusalem, but again your profile leaves me with some questions. Why list Presence Detection as a Personal Skill if he doesn't have it (you have it listed as N/A)? If its sealed for some reason why not mention that?
    Presence Detection hasn't gotten a Rank in canon, so I just put that there like it is for F/SF Enkidu.

Another one I like. Especially his magnetic North star railgun/crossbow! As it is, my only complaint is one I have with all of your profiles. You don't give us much of an idea of what the Servant is like, how they'll interact with others, or what their motivation for fighting is. As entertaining as the profiles are, without giving them more character you're just giving us statistics/stat sheets.
    I'm really not sure if I'm skilled enough to do that - describing personalities is not something I'm good at, I tend to do better by "showing"...
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

It feels like it's been forever since I wrote up a Servant and I'm a bit afraid I've probably gotten rusty and awful at it - but this was a fun study break from finals finals finals that I sorely needed. I've been wanting to write him up for a long time, and I finally had an idea for his NP. I went with silly beastmaster with a Horn of Nrvsqr.

True Name: Oisin
    Class: Rider (Saber, Lancer)

Appearance:
    Rider wears a light gray jumpsuit with brown leather straps and leggings, along with a deerskin mantle atop his slender shoulders. His chestnut brown hair is wavy and frames either side of a boyishly handsome face, with two small spikey portions on either side of the top of his head that give it the appearance of small horns. He carries various weapons with him at all times, such that which one is his Noble Phantasm is always unclear, especially as he seems proficient with all three - a silver horn at his belt, an ornate hunting spear on his back, and a gold sword at his waist that resembles a wooden branch.

(I tried to keep the Celtic Jumpsuit fashion trend alive and well)

Parameters:
    Noble Phantasm: A+
    Strength: B
    Agility: B
    Mana: C
    Endurance: C
    Luck: D (I'm afraid this is simply impractical. He's an Irish Lancer, anything other than E Luck is unconceivable.)

Class Abilities:
    Magic Resistance
    Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Riding
    The expertise to ride animals and vehicles. At this rank, creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind. Due to his origins and experience with beasts, Rider's affinity with animals extends to his ability to ride them.

Personal Skills:
    Animal Dialogue
    Communication of intention with animals that don't speak a "language of words". As a poet who grew up as part of the wild, Rider is able to understand and speak with animals such that mutual understanding of even complex ideas is possible.

Instinct
    The power to "feel" the most favorable developments for oneself during battle. At this level, Rider has a natural sixth sense that alerts him to danger and threats even if his human senses cannot detect them, having only been heightened throughout his childhood as a 'deer'.

Protection of the Fairies
    A blessing from Elementals; this skill represents the capacity to increase one's Luck in dangerous situations. Due to the nature of his blessing, the activation of this skill is limited to battles in which Rider is mounted on an animal or steed.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Dord Fiann - Halcyon Call of Memories
    Type: Anti-Unit
    The hunting horn of his father, Fionn mac Cumhaill, this silver horn was said to require three men to lift. This horn in Rider's possession represents his legacy as the last survivor of the Fianna; the instrument carries in it all of the memories and greatness of their adventures at their height as heroes. As legend has it, when St. Patrick doubted the superiority of the Age of Gods, the elderly Oisin proved it by leading the saint's assistant to the hiding place of the legendary horn, using it to call a bird as large as a cow to prove that the world of the Fianna had been thrice that of the modern day in every respect.

As a Noble Phantasm, the Dord Fiann retains that ability, acting as a summoning focus that calls upon animals from the Age of Gods itself. Rider cannot directly control what manner of beasts emerge to answer the horn's call, but each time the horn is played in succession, up to thrice, increasingly older and larger specimens will be summoned before the horn resets back to its base values. At its peak performance, the creatures summoned by the horn benefit from significant magic resistance in addition to their amplified physical power and speed, but the prana cost to maintain each summon rises with each level as well.

So he blows the horn, summons a random animal, uses Riding and Animal Dialouge to control it, fights, then the animal disappears? More Prana = More plays = Stronger animals. Does the horn summon many animals at once and allow him to pick? (animal jumping) (level 3 Rabbit Riding) (Shark Riding) (ELEPHANT RIDING YESSSSSSS) (Can it summon Dragonkind?)

According to one account, Fionn and his Fianna never died, but instead slumber awaiting the time to arise at Ireland's hour of greatest need when this horn is sounded three times - but as a Servant, the horn wielded by Rider seems to only be capable of its lesser miracle. But if the Fianna were to be summoned within the same war...?

Embarr - The Ever-Sweeping Wave
    Rider's last resort, Embarr is the only animal that he can call at will, and was said to have belonged to Lugh himself. The steed was bestowed upon him following his stay in Tir na Nog by a fairy princess who had fallen in love with the fair young bard. Said to have protected Oisin from the very passage of time in the mortal world, while Rider is atop this steed, he cannot be harmed in any way. Together with the magical energies and perpetual storm that rages at its hooves, Rider is a force to be reckoned with once this Noble Phantasm is invoked, and can fight on for as long as his Master can support the prana expenditure of the fae beast.

Rather than true invincibility, however, Embarr only displaces the wounds inflicted on Rider's spiritual body to a future time - the moment he dismounts, any injuries inflicted during its duration are instantly applied as the world corrects the discrepancy. Because the wounds are not actually afflicted prior to dismounting, Rider cannot be preemptively healed to offset the effect of this Noble Phantasm, and should he suffer a mortal injury, he will only be protected until he dismounts or his Master's prana is used up. As a result, this is Rider's true last resort, a Noble Phantasm that allows him to win or draw even an otherwise unwinnable battle at the ultimate cost of his life.

Legend:
    Commonly believed to be the greatest poet in Irish history, Oisin was a warrior of the Fianna of Fionn mac Cumhail - as well as the fianna king's son. His mother had been transformed into a deer by a vengeful druid, and when Fionn hunted her down, he spared her life and broke her curse instead. The two were intimate, but the spiteful druid turned her back into a deer after she became pregnant, where she disappeared into the wild before giving birth. Exactly what happened to Oisin from there is unclear, but the child whose name meant 'Young Deer' returned as an adult male and joined Fionn's fianna after a brief battle to a draw with his unsuspecting father. As a member of the Fianna, Oisin was a brave and noble warrior, winning much acclaim.

His most notable adventure, however, was to the realm of the fairies, Tir na Nog, when one of the daughters of Manannán Mac Lir fell in love with the beautiful young poet. Oisin spent three years in the fairy kingdom, fathering two children with the fairy princess before deciding to return to his home. Time passed differently, however, and what was three years to Oisin had been three hundred in the mortal world. To protect him on his trip, the fairy gave him a white horse, warning him that should he dismount, all three hundred years would catch up to him in an instant.

Oisin returned home on the fairy horse, visiting his father's abandoned and ruined home, but before he could return to Tir na Nog, he stopped to help some villagers he passed by and fell when his saddle broke. Oisin was rendered an old, withered elderly man, but even in his advanced age, it is said survived to meet St. Patrick on his arrival in Ireland, clinging to life long enough to tell someone of the Fianna's exploits and pass down their stories - and that he died only once the narration was complete. To see his beloved kinsmen again and to restore them to the greatness they fell from in his absence... He would overcome any obstacle to have the Grail end their chronicle the way they deserved.

I don't have very much to say, and that's a good thing. This profile looks well put together.

Quote Originally Posted by RR121 View Post
    I thought this was the "create a servant" thread, not the powerlevels thread.

Well, as long as we're discussing power levels...

Shiki can kill servants. Discuss.
    Okay!

Either Shiki can kill anything that they comprehend and can hit once. Ryougi-3 can comprehend anything in Akasha (anything except True Magic.). The question comes down to "Is Shiki agile enough to hit a Servant?" While fighting Fujinon, Ryougi-1 sees enough Mystic Eyes of bending stuff spells to understand their composition. Medea spams Rain of Light all over the place. (Although Rule Breaker might remove Ryougi-3?). I'd say if the Servant has VERY low Agility and has to wait and charge up one super-powerful attack, as well as the Shiki being able to comprehend its existence, that Ryougi-3 (the only one who can comprehend Servants that we know of) killing a very specific type of Servant doesn't sound impossible.