Page 256 of 782 FirstFirst ... 156206246251254255256257258261266306356756 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,120 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why is everyone jumping on me, it's true ;_;
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

You will have so much egg on your face when Fate/Extra CCC reveals that Gawain's Excalibur Galatine is A++++++ because Numeral of the Saint multiples the ++ by three.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    It's true, but it's also useless information.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    It's true, but it's also useless information.
    Just seems weird to me to make that up, go EX if you want to. GoB has freakin everything in itself and only goes from E to A++, leading me to believe that A+++ is probably nonexistant. Then again Gil's treasure doesn't include recreation of legends and fairy made shit so iunno, maybe Nasu had a concrete case in mind when he did that side material graphic.

I wonder if the only things that can reach that mythic level of A+++ are abstractions.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    maybe Nasu had a concrete case in mind when he did that side material graphic.
    I mean, all he said was that triple plus is a thing. Could just as easily be E+++. But it's not like Gil has everything in his vault. Some of the things he has in his vault aren't even in his vault. And then the stuff you said about brand new NPs, and NPs that got stronger from legends.

Blog Entries
    I mean, all he said was that triple plus is a thing. Could just as easily be E+++. But it's not like Gil has everything in his vault. Some of the things he has in his vault aren't even in his vault. And then the stuff you said about brand new NPs, and NPs that got stronger from legends.
    I guess it's not wrong. It just feels weird to me to use that, like triple plusses for stats, when the only case we got of a double plus was the MGI stat of a Servant literally hooked on unlimited prana.

Maybe A+++ is just incredibly rare because it occupies a rare niche right before EX? Even then I'd assume that Gil has some of that in his vault, but whatever. Create a Servant, do what you want.

First A+++ we see will be the anti nation version of Karna's Brahmastra, because it will be a skill he developed with the weapon not the weapon itself.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And then the stuff you said about brand new NPs, and NPs that got stronger from legends.
    Can we not get into that. Its a discussion no one is going to win.

Also can we just ignore Fate/Extra for the sake of cannon, it operates on a compleatly diffrent set of rules so is kinda irreverent when thinking about standard Fate/stay night definitions of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick View Post
    Can we not get into that. Its a discussion no one is going to win.

Also can we just ignore Fate/Extra for the sake of cannon, it operates on a compleatly diffrent set of rules so is kinda irreverent when thinking about standard Fate/stay night definitions of stuff.
    He is saying that he is agreeing with a point I made, I doubt that would get us to argue.

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He is saying that he is agreeing with a point I made, I doubt that would get us to argue.
    Sorry must have misread

have a derpy saber

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick View Post
    Also can we just ignore Fate/Extra for the sake of cannon
    Poor Miss Drake ;__;
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Class: Rider
    True Name: Don Quixote de la Mancha
    Alignment: Neutral Good

STR: **** E
    END: ***** C
    AGI: ***** D+
    MGI: **** E
    LCK: ***** B
    NP: ***** A

Keywords
    KEYWORDS

Siglo de Oro (Spanish Golden Age)

A period between the 16th and 17th Centuries in which all forms of arts flourished in Spain. An era of great cultural richness that gave birth to many artists and masterpieces, many of which are popular even in modern times. This hero’s legend was first introduced to the world as a novel written during this time.

Rocinante

Despite all appearances, Rider’s steed, Rocinante, actually belongs to a lineage of purebred Holy Beasts. Its frail-looking body conceals top class strength even among members of the Phantasm Races. The reason why a weak Heroic Spirit like Don Quixote can contend against other famous heroes is due having such a fine animal as his loyal partner.

CLASS SKILLS

Magic Resistance: E
    The capacity to negate or abate the effects of Magecraft. Unable to negate Magecraft, but damage value is reduced a little.

Riding: A
    The technical skill to mount on vehicles. It also displays its effects on mechanized vehicles. Can freely handle all vehicles and animals, with exception of those of Mythical Beast and Divine Beast rank.

PERSONAL SKILLS

Guardian Knight: C
    Temporarily raises defensive power when protecting others.

Mental Pollution: E
    Because the mind is deranged, there is a high probability that other mental interference-type of Magecraft are shut out. However, it is impossible to come to a mutual understanding with individuals who do not have the same rank of Mental Pollution.

Nature of a Rebellious Spirit: A
    The temperament to never remain at one location and never embrace a lord. A wandering star that does not have the capacity to be a king nor is capable of finding his own king. Negates the effects of Charisma with the same rank.

NOBLE PHANTASM

Matador di Gigantes – Tilting at Windmills
    Type: Anti-Fortress
    A demi-human-slaying secret-technique in which Rider and his mount fully unite in mind, body and technique to charge at the opponent at full power. It boasts a power that can even pierce through fortifications. There are two separate damage rolls: one for Rider’s lance and one for Rocinante’s hooves. However, due the legend related to it, Rider must perform a Luck check upon activating this Noble Phantasm. Failure will cause the attack to backfire and have catastrophic results to the user.

Background
    BACKGROUND

The story goes that Alonso Quijano was a retired country gentleman that lived somewhere in La Mancha, Spain. Despite being mostly a rational, intelligent old man, he also had a side that had forever remained as a child. Thus, it was understandable how the unrestrained, excessive absorption in fictional works about knighthood became a bad influence to his mind. This obsession led him to set out on a journey as a knight-errant.

Accompanied by his loyal steed and a “squire”, Don Quixote de la Mancha – as he started to call himself – lived through many adventures. Or maybe it would be better to call them misadventures. In his distorted views, he saw the world around him as a overly-wondrous, yet troubled version of itself – which he sought to correct with his misguided conviction in the chivalric codes of old.

This means that he often meddled in affairs that had nothing to do with him, and attempted to solve them using blunt, archaic methods.

At the same time, he always upheld his delusions with all his being and never forgave insults to the notions of knighthood that he held so dearly.

As a consequence, he got himself into a lot of troubles. It was a common occurrence for Don Quixote to find himself beaten on the ground after biting more than he could chew. Also, not few were the times when he was tricked and taken advantage of by those around him.

Yet he remained unwavering to the end.

After all is said and done, nobody can deny that Don Quixote was indeed an heroic existence. With his story, he exemplified the nobility of standing up to one’s beliefs no matter what. His cause was just, and that knowledge alone gave him the strength to take the whole world as his enemy.

Nameless Knight

But in the end, Don Quixote de la Mancha was nothing but a fictitious character, with no base on a real individual. Alonzo Quijano, Sancho Panza, Dulcinea del Toboso never really existed. The three quests of the knight-errant never happened anywhere outside the novels of Miguel de Cervantes.

But the world can be a funny place at times.

Once upon a time, when the popularity of Don Quixote novels was particularly high, a certain knight-errant appeared in Spain. Said knight had very little in common with Don Quixote. He was not a retired gentleman, nor was a particularly intellectual old man, and – surprisingly enough – didn’t even knew about the existence of Cervantes’ novel. The only points he shared with fictional character was the companionship of the mare Rocinante and the extreme idealism that led him into attempting to change the world through the tenets of chivalry.

Apparently, that was enough.

Upon witnessing his way of life, the people of that time couldn’t help but make strong parallels between what they saw and the stories of Don Quixote. The way how he interfered in matters unrelated to himself, the way how he romanticized the world around him and even the way how he stood up to a creed that nobody else believed in. Everything seemed all too familiar to them.

With time, people started to see that man and the character created by Cervantes as being one and the same. His real identity was ignored and he was treated simply as Don Quixote himself. Upon his death, his true name was lost and he ascended to a Heroic Spirit as an incarnation of the fictional knight-errant.

By the way, while the “real” Don Quixote was nothing but a troublesome fellow that never accomplished a single heroic deed, it seems that this man actually experienced an adventure worthy of a hero once…

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry. I tried to follow the rule of only one Servant per post, but the system doesn't let me.

Class:
    Berserker (Saber)
    True Name: Arngrim
    Alignment: Lawfull Neutral

STR: ***** B
    END: ***** B
    AGI: ***** D
    MGI: ***** D
    LCK: ***** C
    NP: ***** B

Keywords
    KEYWORDS

Mixed-Blood

Those who are a mingle of demons with men. The descendants of humans that consorted with something other than mankind. They are recognized as a distortion only when the blood as a demon rather than human has grown thick. But since the blood becomes weak with each generation, children that have strongly inherited that trait are rarely born.

The fate of a typical Mixed-Blood is to lose himself as a person when the non-human blood is too much, but it seems that are cases of individuals that can awaken as a Mixed-Bloods and yet remain human due possessing a wicked blood of the highest grade, but a greater proportion human blood.

Tyrfing Cycle

A collection of tales within the Norse mythology, all which have the presence of a cursed sword named Tyrfing as a common element. In a sense, it is more about the story of the sword itself than the characters in it.

The cast of the Tyrfing Cycle includes kings, heroes and even demi-humans, but it seems that this Servant was a more ordinary fellow among the actors of this play.

CLASS SKILLS

Mad Enhancement: E
    Raises basic parameters in exchange of hindering mental capacities. Normally, he is not under the effect of this Skill. However, a LCK-check must be performed whenever he receives damage. Failure will cause him to go out of control as compensation for a temporary Rank-Up in STR.

PERSONAL SKILLS

Battle Continuation: B
    The ability of returning alive. Strength of vitality for predicaments. It is possible to continue fighting even while bearing a grave wound. Bonus effect of reducing by half penalties caused by poison, disease or being on the verge of death.

Mixed-Blood: B
    Measures one’s aptitude as a non-human. The higher the rank, more one’s quality as a human being decreases. At B Rank there is a great risk of having one’s humanity being overwhelmed by the non-human’s instincts (Inversion Impulse).

Devotion: EX
    The nature of one who pursues a goal in an obsessive manner, while completely disregarding everything else. A singular ability derived from awakening to one’s Origin, it grants immunity against all sorts of mental interference. Furthermore, it also provides bonus modifiers in the resistance checks against Mad Enhancement and Inversion Impulse.

NOBLE PHANTASM

Tyrfing – The Unavoidable Punishment
    Type: Anti-Unit
    A famous magic sword from Norse Mythology. Forged by dwarves, this sword has a golden hilt and a blade that gleams as if on fire. It is capable of cutting through any ordinary object while ignoring the resistance of the material and, once its true name is called, it bends space in order to ensure a hit. Still, it was cursed so to always take a life before being returned to its sheath and bears the fate of being the source of “three great evils”.

Background
    BACKGROUND

Berserker identity is that of the Norse warrior Arngrim, chieftain of the berserkir warrior tribe.

As is the case with all the characters of the Tyrfing Cycle, Arngrim’s story is tightly linked with the legend of the cursed sword. Tradition tells that Svafrlami, king of Gardariki, once captured two dwarf brothers, Dvalinn and Durinn. As ransom for their lives and freedom, Svafrlami demanded the creation of a magic sword for himself. The dwarves agreed and forged Tyrfing in accordance with the king’s wishes. However, once released, the brothers cursed the sword so it would bring misfortune to its owner.

Years later, Arngrim and his tribe arrived in Gardariki. At first they came only to hunt and pillage as always. But surprisingly, Arngrim fell in love at first sight with Svafrlami’s daughter, Princess Eyfura. He attempted to court her, but her father forbade their relationship due not considering Arngrim a suitable suitor.

Arngrim attempted to change the king’s mind by conquering military achievements under Svafrlami’s name, but his efforts were in vain. Eventually, Arngrim and Svafrlami met in battle to decide Eyfura’s fate. Svafrlami brought Tyrfing with him and used it to corner Arngrim in battle. But because of the curse of the dwarves, Tyrfing ended up being robbed from Svafrlami’s hand and used to end his life.

Afterwards, Arngrim claimed both Eyfura and Tyrfing to himself and brought them with him to his homeland of Bolmso. Eventually the couple had twelve sons and the oldest one, Angantyr, received Tyrfing from his father as an inheritance.

The Berserker

The word “berserker” derives from the name of a tribe of Norse warriors who were known for wearing pelts of bears or wolves and for going into a frenzy-like state during battle. Some legends also tell about how they were immune to fire and could not be killed by bladed weapons. Due their supernatural powers and being famous for easily losing control, the berserkir were feared even among the brave Norse warriors.

What little people knew was that the berserkir were a lineage of Mixed-Bloods.

Their overwhelming strength, their resistance to wounds and fire, the supernatural powers that arose among their members; all of these can trace the non-human blood as their cause. Even the characteristic maddening rage was nothing but a symptom of Inversion Impulse – a phenomenon common among their kind in which one’s humanity deteriorates as a result of the non-human blood becoming too strong.

As a purebred Mixed-Blood, Arngrim’s fate was to have turned into a monster right at an early age. However, before that could happen, the young berserkr accidentally awoke to his Origin.

Those who awaken to their Origin are simply swallowed by it. For things like a personality will only be painted out by the orientation that was produced by the original beginning. Ironically, the same thing that corrupted his character also guarded him against the curse of his blood. In exchange of becoming a slave to the base impulse of his soul, Arngrim was saved from turning into a monster without even a resemblance of rationality.

A blessing in disguise.

Similar circumstances came about in regards to his status as a bearer of Tyrfing. Despite possessing one of the most famous magic swords in Norse Lore, Arngrim never again had the opportunity to use it after taking it from the hands of King Svafrlami. Still, that in itself was a silver lining of a dark cloud, for Tyrfing had a strong curse to bring ruin to its master. The berserkr was only able to avoid such fate due to not being able to wield the magic sword in battle even once. Among all the known owners of Tyrfing, he alone did not had his life destroyed by the curse of the blade.
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; April 22nd, 2013 at 08:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Don Quixote without Mental Pollution above D+ Rank? Disappointing.
    Don's NP having a higher rank than Arngrim's? Eh I don't think that's how it should work out but maybe?

Interesting profiles, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Why is everyone jumping on me, it's true ;_;
    Because you are wrong, everyone gets to teabag your face.

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by Panncakez View Post
    Well, messed that one up. That's like a triple power increase, isn't it? I'll cut that down to two.
    pretty sure ++ is triple ( no mod = x1, += x2, ++= x3, hypothetical +++ = x4).

Personally I don't like Dnd scalability, two doublings is a tripling, and prefer each one to double everything (no mod would be x1, + would be x2, ++ would be x4, +++ would be x 8).

Somehow ++ being twice as good as + rather than 1.5 times as good makes a difference to me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    As I remember, in EXTRA you can't have +++ when it comes to stats. It's just jumps to EX.

May be relevant.

I think, +++ might be applicable only to Skills, since what would be weird of the strongest of holy swords, which is surpassed only by EX-rank Ea is below something else.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; March 28th, 2013 at 05:45 AM.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Considering +s are supposed to be situational multiplies, if a Servant had 3 situational buffs that stacked with each other, wouldn't that qualify them for a triple-plus?

Quote Originally Posted by firloz View Post
    pretty sure ++ is triple ( no mod = x1, += x2, ++= x3, hypothetical +++ = x4).
    Triple power increase =/= x3 multiplier.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    ++ is x4. Each plus doubles. Yes it's preposterously broken. C++ = 30x2x2 = 120 > A+ = 50x2 = 100