Page 399 of 782 FirstFirst ... 299349389394397398399400401404409449499 ... LastLast
Results 7,961 to 7,980 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelretch View Post
    I don't know, Nasu may explore it more in the future. He may employ a system similar to Vampires/DAA/True Ancestors.
    actually, afaik, they sound more like the demon hybrids of Japan
    don't quote me on this

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Saber

Info
    True Name:Yoshiteru Ashikaga
    Alsow known as: Shogun, Kengo Shogun
    Alignment:Lawful Good

Parameters and Skills
    STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MGI: E
    LCK: E

Class Skills

Magic Resistance:
    D - Yoshiteru never faced any opponent who had real knowledge in the magical arts, so nly reason he has this skill is because he is summoned as a Saber

Personal Skills

Charisma
    B - Suitable for a king of a country. Yoshiteru was the last great shogun of the Ashikaga shogunate, and was deeply respected and loved by many including the future-to-be Demon King Oda Nobunaga and Bishamonten's Avatar Kenshin the latter who delightedly changed his old name from Masatora to Terutora after the Shogun allowed for him to borrow a character from his name(Nobunaga liked his name too much to change)

Bravery
    B- Once a supposed puppet emperor, Yoshiteru never lost his cool and faced his death against Matsunaga Hisahide in a last stand that would go into the pages of history. When facing a greater foe, his melee damage increases

Noble Phantasm
    Teru
    The Permission to Brilliancy

Yoshiteru was a brilliant man, the last great shogun of the Ashikaga shogunate, he was a once-in-a-kind man:One of the best swordman of his time, smart, charismatic, Yoshiteru was born for greatness unfortunately his legend was short lived as he was betrayed by Matsunaga Hisahide. However as if he knew of is short lived life, Yoshiteru was known to have "gifted" many samurai with the permission to borrow the character "Teru" from his name. Almost all these warriors that were given the permission to borrow it went to become legends, and those who didn't become one still were blessed with a fairly successful life. Yoshiteru himself added Teru to his original name Yoshifushi hoping to bring light back to the Ashikaga Shogunate during the period where his father "ruled" really weak. Yoshiteru partially managed to do this but his efforts were cut short thanks to his death

Yoshiteru can gift the permission of the "Teru" to anyone who deems worthy. That person has the choice of accepting it or not. Accepting or not, the act is so great that he will modify the Akashic Records and change that person origin to "Brilliancy". If the person accepts his name will be changed and he will be awaken to his new Origin. If he doesn't accept his Origin will still be changed though he will not be immediately awakened by itYoshiteru has a limit of 5 times he can have peoples with the Gift, and giving all of those 5 gifts will make his stats drop considerably. Once someone with these gifts die, Yoshiteru regains the ability to give the gift again
    Rank B Anti-Unit

Hototogisu
    The Broken Sword of a Brilliant Man

"The May rain falls, and is it my tears or the mist that surround me?
    Hototogisu(lesser cuckoo),take my name and soar above the clouds"
    - Yoshiteru's death poem

The crystalization of Yoshiteru's swordsmanship, a fighting style so deadly that was able to stop the advance of countless people before his own fighting style betrayed him. Trained by dozens of masters in the art of the sword like the notorious Kamiizumi Nobutusna and the Sword Saint Tsukahara Bokuden, and thanks to his intense love for the art of the sword thought young, he was recognized and respected by these legends as a equal. Though living until old age was simply not meant to be, when Matsunaga under the orders of the Miyoshi attacked his house where Yoshiteru meet his army in sea of blades.Inside his home the enemy army met Yoshiteru surrounded by Katanas stuck on the floor, walls and ceiling waiting for them. The battle was fierce and Yoshiteru managed to defeat dozens of soldiers, but it didn't matter how strong Yoshiteru was, the swords were quick to break and eventually he runned out of them and seeing that he wouldn't live through it decided to commit seppuku.

This Noble Phantasm is always active and works almost like a curse than a blessing. When Yoshiteru takes a hold of any blade, it becomes a Rank B Noble Phantasm capable of hurting servants, the blade also gains the property of being unstopabble, being able to cut through almost everything that isn't a Noble Phantasm of a higher level and its unbreakable , additionally if Yoshiteru ever gets a hold of a Sword Noble Phantasm he will be able to use it to his fullest, however its his destiny to eventually become unarmed. Yoshiteru has a limit of how many times he can Cut something with a sword, and after reaching that limit the blade will break not mattering if its just a normal sword or a Noble Phantasm. Initially Yoshiteru can cut up to 5 things with a sword before breaking it and everytime he uses the Teru Noble Phantasm he loses one use of the sword until the limit of 1 cut for Sword
    Rank B Anti-Unit

So this was actually the first servant i planned in posting here, but i was having issues thinking on a Noble Phantasm that wasn't "Unlimited Blade Works"
    I tried not to go overblown on the stats and the NPs.
    My initial objective is to stat the Japanese cuckoo Trio(You know, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi and Ieyasu) and i thought it would be a nice idea to stat Yoshiteru as his death poem did talk about cuckoos.
    And Sengoku Youko is a terrific manga that more should read
    Last edited by JetKinen; November 6th, 2013 at 02:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick View Post
    I mean look at Emiya, he matched Herk and took multiple lives even though his stats where far lower in every way.
    It probably has more to do with Emiya's versatility rather than being able to match Herakles. I've difficulties imagining Archer doing more than running and unleashing Broken Phantasms while being hard pressed.

Your main point about stats still stand, but people should be aware than the guy is quite the exception.

Werewolves breed and live far away from people, meaning they don't need to bite people to make more werewolves. I assume they're some kind of nature spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelretch View Post
    Nah, just Phantasmal Species. If you are nature spirit, you get shunned by werewolves.
    I didn't mean Nasu nature spirit. Just, you know, random monster thing of origins basically unrelated to humanity.

Blog Entries
    There's already a Nasu-name for those sorts of creatures, though, and it's "Phantasmal Species".

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    There's already a Nasu-name for those sorts of creatures, though, and it's "Phantasmal Species".
    Learning (and remembering) the proper names for things is for losers!

Blog Entries
    Needs more Slavic Servants.

faceclaim

"C'mon, don't be like that! Sure, we're fighting in a war, but that doesn't mean we can't have some fun!"

Name:
    Ivan, Hopelessly Foolish Prince Craving Adventure
    Class: Rider
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

STR: D+
    AGI: A
    CON: E
    MGI: D
    LCK: A
    NP: B

Class Skills:

Riding
    The capacity to ride mounts and vehicles.
    • A+: Creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Magic Resistance
    Grants protection against magical effects.
    • D: Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Personal Skills:

Animal Dialogue
    Communication of intention with animals that don't speak a "language of words".
    • A++: The highest level of discourse with creatures of an animalistic nature; Rider can not only convey complex nuances that would normally be beyond the intellect of animals, but his words will automatically treated favourably, as though he possessed an incredibly high Charisma rank applying solely to beasts. Even beings of Phantasmal and Divine Beast level will think highly of Rider's opinion. A fitting skill for one who spoke with and befriended a great many animals. Due to cases in which he made pacts with animals that he had defeated or mercifully spared, his rank increases when attempting to win the allegiance of animals, to the point where he is almost guaranteed success unless the animal holds prior loyalty to a greater master. Furthermore, when dealing with creatures that can be considered 'Birds', he will receive further bonuses thanks to a pact made between his father and a mighty eagle.

Bravery
    The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination.
    • E-: In truth, mental interference remains entirely effective. However, there is the additional effect of increasing melee damage.

Foolishness
    A mindset beset by naiveté and unabashed ignorance. At best, it is the mark of someone who acts on instinct rather than thinking things through. A skill that cannot be perceived by the Servant or his Master.

• B: Rider is easily-deceived, and thus is incredibly susceptible to mental interference attacks. As it is, he will almost certainly fall for traps set by his opponent, and while capable of moments of great insight on the battlefield, he has trouble putting this information to good use. As a side-effect, he receives constant bonuses to his Luck, to the point where his ability to defy fate is such that 'unkillable opponents' and 'unbreakable defences' are no obstacle. Due to this incredible level of 'Dumb Luck', Rider will automatically succeed any roll involving his Luck.

Battle Continuation (False)
    The strength of vitality for predicaments. Also, the ability to withdraw from combat and reach allied territory alive after being defeated.
    • EX: Even should he be 'killed', as long as a single scrap of his body remains it is possible for him to fight on. Not a true ability possessed by Rider, but rather a product of one his Noble Phantasms.

Noble Phantasms:

Name:
    кладенец
    See Now This Blade Befitting a Mighty Prince!

Type: Anti-Unit

The famed sword Kladenets that has appeared in many tales, an heirloom that has been passed down Rider's family for generations. Despite this, Rider is merely the 'owner' of the blade rather than its rightful 'wielder', meaning he cannot bring out its full potential. In the hands of its intended wielder, it would supposedly be a blade that could command the elements; a weapon immense power that would never rust nor melt... or so it would be, if the sword was not fated to be destroyed with a hammer by the hero Ilya Muromets.

Regardless, in Rider's hands, Kladenets has acquired new powers; due to him wielding the sword on all of his various adventures, the blade has become imbued with the very concept of 'Heroic Tales'. Thus, the sword passively overwrites reality around itself in an attempt to make it resemble the adventures of Ivan Tsarevich. Reflecting this, one of the following three effects will be randomly chosen and applied to Kladenets upon Rider's summoning:

i. Reflecting Ivan's defeat of Koschei the Deathless, Kladenets may (based on a Luck roll), when used against an opponent of an Evil alignment, ignore their Constitution parameter and strike directly at their spiritual core. This is a single-use effect that activates on the first attack against a suitable opponent and will become unavailable afterwards regardless of success.

ii. Based on the various love interests of Ivan Tsarevich, should Rider fight in defence of another person, and said person should witness his battle, there is a chance that person will develop romantic feelings for him, that Rider himself will begin to return in short order. Due to Rider's history with lovers, what follows will no doubt be a whirlwind romance that ends in tragedy, or at the very least with something bittersweet. Once again, this is a single-use effect.

iii. The concept that 'A hero's sword is the instrument of his will, and a hero's will is never broken.' Kladenets becomes thoroughly indestructible, even when faced with greater mysteries, for as long as Rider wishes to fight on. Inversely, should Rider falter, the blade will immediately shatter, fatally injuring him and any nearby.

Name:
    Серый волк
    Hark Now, Lone Beast of Untold Wisdom!

Type: Anti-Unit

The famous grey wolf that accompanied Ivan Tsarevich in his quest for the Firebird, and in all of his following adventures. While it is certainly available for Rider to use as a mount, its true potential lies in its capacity to think with a wisdom beyond that of most men. The advice it constantly provides (regardless of constant requests for it to stop) serves to offset Rider's natural recklessness, making it a valuable ally in battle. Furthermore, the face it is able to shapeshift and convincingly assume a human form means it can attempt acts of espionage to make up for the fact it lacks any particular combat ability, being on par with a mid-rank Phantasmal Beast at best.

In addition to its normal abilities, the Grey Wolf has acquired the Water of Death with the power to restore the body and the Water of Life with the power to resurrect the dead. Thus, the wolf is able to restore Rider to life should he be slain without completely eradicating his body. Even if the wolf should not be present when Rider is killed, if there is sufficient prana to manifest it, then the wolf will simply forcibly appear in this world to revive his companion.

In terms of demeanor, while the wolf often bemoans being fated to forever accompany a fool, he greatly values Rider and the two share a bond that will endure eternity.

Name:
    Марюшка
    The Firebird

Type: Anti-Army

Bringer of hope and harbinger of disaster from a distant land. Maryushka, who went from embroiderer to Phantasmal Beast. The goal that forever lies at the end of the hero's journey, the Firebird that Ivan spent his first great adventure searching for. As a mount, it can move from one continent to another in almost no time at all. In battle, a flap of its wings can blind and burn all before it.

But it is not in this that the Firebird's true strength lies; the Firebird is a mutable phantasmal existence that has evolved due to being featured at the end of many a great hero's journey, such so that it has come to represent 'the absolution of a hero's tale'.

First, for the Firebird's power to work, it must be used against a target that has both a 'journey' and a 'goal'. For example, those who can say 'I desire the Grail to right the wrongs of my life!' or 'I wish to see my beloved's face once more!' or 'I will free myself from this desire that chains me!', will most certainly be affected. Once this is confirmed, the Firebird simply replaces the end 'goal' with 'I wish to find the Firebird.'

The Firebird's abilities first manifest as a form of compulsion similar to mental interference... though due to the fact it is purely conceptual in nature, skills such as Magic Resistance and Mental Pollution can do little to avert it (though a strong degree of mental fortitude will allow one to resist it for some time). While the exact details will vary from person to person, generally those that see the Firebird will gradually become more and more obsessed with it, believing that it possesses the ability to grant their desires and bring an end to their hardships, regardless of the absurdity of this belief. At this point, it is still possible for the Servant to be freed from the effects via the use of a Command Spell, though re-exposure will simply cause the cycle to begin again.

If nothing is done, then continued exposure will cause the Firebird to put an end to the Servant's journey... however, the Firebird brings despair and adversity just as easily as it brings good fortune. If the Hero encounters the Firebird, then their story should be over, for the Firebird is 'The End', 'They all lived happily ever after until the end of their days', and 'Rocks fall, everybody dies' incarnate. Once its power has taken hold, the World itself will begin to reject the enemy Servant, for the hero has no right to hang around after their story has come to an end.

For those able to resist, the Firebird's presence will begin to gradually eat away at the Servant's very legend, to force 'absolution' upon them. Starting with Strength and finishing with Luck (for a hero's ability to defy fate must surely be the centre of his tale), the Firebird will begin to lower the given parameter by a single rank each round of combat until it has been reduced to an E, at which point it moves on to the next parameter. Once all parameters are at E, the Servant's Class Skills (important, but hardly dramatically so) will be affected, being again reduced by one by one until they reach a rank of E, whereupon they will be sealed. The same will then be done to their Personal Skills (a much closer representation of the hero's identity) and finally their Noble Phantasms (the incarnation of the hero's journey itself). Once this has occurred, the Servant will then receive an odd peace as they are exposed to the concept of 'absolution'; their struggle is over now, even if it hasn't ended exactly as they'd hoped. Like closing the book called The Hero's Journey, the Servant immediately dematerialises.

Of course, Servants like Rider, for whom the idea of 'an end to my journey' cannot and will not ever exist, are unaffected by the Firebird. Nebulous or unending goals such as 'I wish to adventure for eternity!' or 'I'll fight to my heart's content!' or 'Let me witness what this new world has to offer' are not considered under the Firebird's purview of a hero's journey, and thus such individuals are safe from its abilities.

... It is worth mentioning the Firebird makes no distinction between Rider's friends and foes, putting quite a dent in any attempts at co-operation.

Detail:

Background
    Ivan the Prince and Ivan the Fool. Ivan Tsarevich and Ivan Durak. A hero who appears in many Russian fairytales, it is believed that both names are merely placeholders for a variety of figures; however, in reality there really was a single Ivan, who went from prince to peasant and back again over the course of countless adventures.

His tale begins with the case of the Grey Wolf, wherein his father, the Tsar Berendy, possessed a tree that bore golden fruit. When it became clear this fruit was being stolen, and his guards informed him that the mythic Firebird was responsible, he told two of his sons that whoever captured the bird would inherit his kingdom. When the pair of them failed, the duty was reluctantly passed to Ivan, the youngest son and the one with the least sense. Out of the three, he alone caught the Firebird in the act, and even grasped one of its feathers. Still unsatisfied, Berendy maintained that whomsoever caught the bird would win his kingdom. Undaunted, all three brothers set off.

... What follows is a rather silly affair, made needlessly complicated by Ivan's inability to follow instructions, but the basic events were: Ivan's horse was devoured by the Grey Wolf, whom he then befriended. Ivan, on the advice of the Grey Wolf, was told the means to capture the Firebird... and then managed to get himself captured by the First King due to his own avarice. This forced him to find the fleece of the Gold Mane owned by the Second King in exchange for the bird, which he once again failed in due to his own foolishness, forcing him to find Helen the Beautiful in exchange for the Mane. While he succeeded in this, he and Helen soon fell in love and, unwilling to part, sought the aid of the Wolf once more, using his powers of transformation to deceive both the First and Second King, so that he may return home with Helen, the Mane, and the Firebird.

Of course, even after parting ways with the Grey Wolf, not everything was resolved. Ivan's brothers, jealous of his success, killed him, seeking to steal the glory of his achievements for themselves. It was only the intervention of the Wolf, who had learned the secrets of the Waters of Life and Death from a crow, that saved Ivan, and allowed him to avenge himself against his brothers.

At this point, the story should have come to an end; the antagonists had been disposed of, the protagonist was to be married, and most importantly, the hero had obtained the Firebird. And yet, that was not the case. Completely unaffected by the power of the Firebird, Ivan had developed a taste for adventure, and was determined to go on questing no matter what. For this, he earned the Phantasmal Beast's respect and with its blessing, became the protagonist of many a tale. Indeed, every unnamed hero in Russian folktales is in reality an iteration of Ivan Tsarevich, of whom only a few stories survive to the modern era.

This is not of course getting into him bringing death to the deathless, heading to the bottom of the sea, and marrying more princesses than one man has any right to.

As a Servant, Rider is almost completely uncontrollable, with his boundless optimism and sheer lack of sense making him a pain to deal with for any Master. He is likely to take an interest in the modern perspective of what a 'hero' is, and may even attempt to modify his behaviour to match. Given his demeanour, he may get along well with a certain prince who shares his cavalier attitude and love of heroism. He has little interest in the Grail, his wish being to simply gain a mortal body so that he may adventure forevermore. A boy without a dream, who will trample upon the dreams of others nontheless.

A beautiful, inspiring, and utterly unbearable existence.

To be honest this is nowhere near as OP as it was in the first draft.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I really like that profile, if I'm entirely honest. That's quite the well written Servant, especially where it concerns the conceptualization of his legend. Great job there!

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    IMO Ivan deserves Rank EX Luck. In all the stories in which he appears (or at least the ones I know), he is inevitably saved by his dumb luck. He certainly deserves it much more than Francis Drake.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    I really like that profile, if I'm entirely honest. That's quite the well written Servant, especially where it concerns the conceptualization of his legend. Great job there!
    Thank you! Finding a way to properly incorporate his legend really was the hard part.

Quote Originally Posted by BehemothV2 View Post
    IMO Ivan deserves Rank EX Luck. In all the stories in which he appears (or at least the ones I know), he is inevitably saved by his dumb luck. He certainly deserves it much more than Francis Drake.
    I thought about it, but I think the Foolishness skill pretty much makes up for that.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Hm, I guess that works too.

And you picked the perfect character for the faceclaim, undoubtedly.

Your mention of the lack of Slavic servants made me think... Vasilisa would probably make a good servant too. She does have a really neat doll.

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    Very good profile.

It's delightful to see more Slavic Servants
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlandmine View Post
    Slavic Servants
    Forgot to give him Personal Skill "Squatting: Rank A+++".

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    Damn, I shouldn't have laughed so hard at this
    Last edited by Huitante; November 28th, 2013 at 08:12 PM.
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Forgot to give him Personal Skill "Squatting: Rank A+++".
    Don't forget the "Tracksuit Wearing" skill

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have no clue who Ivan is, but I can say that that was a pretty good profile.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Doesn't yggdmillenia come from Slavic?

Blog Entries
    Yggdmillenia comes from everywhere.

But I think Darnic is Romanian.

Are Romanians slavs?

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    Yggdmillenia comes from everywhere.

But I think Darnic is Romanian.

Are Romanians slavs?
    No, Romanians are not Slavs. They're a weird sort of ethnic group.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless