Page 443 of 782 FirstFirst ... 343393433438441442443444445448453493543 ... LastLast
Results 8,841 to 8,860 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

マリーの味方
    I would argue here just because of Caster's Lovecraftian monsters. But eh, I guess his works are somewhat modern.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Monsters that influenced his works =\= actual characters from his stories.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    I would say Lovecraft is valid for this. We've gotten some literature Servants before.

Blog Entries
    Lovecraft himself I'd say no issue to. All the literary characters we've had have been pre 1900 however.

Blog Entries
    But Lovecraft characters aren't characters they're real people relaying real events that really happened through journal entries, it says so right there on the paper!

Blog Entries
    As long as they're real people relaying real events fr before 1900 then that's cool.

The one with the original ring of invisibility. No, not those midgets.

Assassin

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Stats:

Strength: C
    Endurance: E
    Agility: C
    Mana: C
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: A

Class Skills:
    Presence Concealment (X): This skill is subsumed into and represented by the Assassin’s noble phantasm.

Personal Skills:

Critical Strike (B+): At this rank, Assassin’s attack deal increased damage should he succeed on a Luck-check. Further, his attacks gain the ‘’Armor-piercing’’ attribute if the opponent has not yet detected Assassin. This skill is representative of Assassin’s opportunistic maneuver, killing the King and seducing the Queen in one fell stroke after he discovers the ring of invisibility.

Disengage (B): Assassin possesses the ability to remove himself from an unfavorable situation with near-perfect success rate. At this rank, Assassin can only be cornered if there’s a flat 0% chance of escape for him, and the opponent must succeed a Luck-check.

Noble Phantasms:
    Name: Ring of Gyges
    Title: The Unfettered Conclusion
    Owner: Gyges of Lydia
    Type: Anti-Unit (Anti-Concept)
    Effect: Passive effects include allowing Assassin to become invisible to all senses at will, negating the effects of Instinct and Eyes of the Mind, and augmenting Assassin’s intiative roll. Upon invocation of the true name, however, the ring shows it true power, manipulating casuality in a similar manner to that of a certain red spear or dagger. A powerful concept that coalsces both in the heart of morality and idle imaginations – what would one do if one have absolute reprieve from consequences. In effect, all negative actions against Assassin is made to happen in the future, 20 turns later. In other words, even if a cause (charging a certain sword-beam, erecting a certain seven-petaled shield, a slashing attack) have been performed and the prana needed expended, the effect (beamu, manifestation of the shield, the hit connecting) would not happen until 20 turns later, if and only if Assassin’s opponents can still fulfill the criteria of activation of whatever effects desired- the prana expended is not refunded. Against Lawful or Good opponents, the effect duration is halved, culminatively.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Nice.

OK, this one may be a bit of a stretch, but I hope the stats aren't too high for your distinguished tastes.

tumblr_mzphyqUG161tq88x4o1_400.jpg
    Class:
    Archer (possibly Rider)
    Identity:
    Agustina of Aragon (1786-1857 CE)

Agustina Raimunda Maria Saragossa Domenech
    was a Spanish heroine who defended Spain from Napoleon's forces during the Spanish War of Independence.
    In 1808, the French army stormed the gates of Zaragoza, which was defended by a hodgepodge battery of old cannons and a volunteer unit.
    Agustina, arriving on the wall with food for the gunners, saw the advancing French troops and ran forward, loaded a cannon and lit the fuse, shredding a wave of men at point-blank range.

After the siege of Zaragoza ended in a French retreat, she was seen as a savior of the city. But the victory was short-lived as the French took
    the city a few weeks later, and she ended up captured and her only son dead. Somehow, she was able to escape imprisonment and joined a guerilla effort to harass the French.
    During this time, she received supplies and training from the Duke of Wellington, eventually being elevated to the rank of Captain.
    In 1813, she acted as a frontline battery commander at the Battle of Vittoria, which saw the French army defeated and driven out of Spain.

After the war, she was said to have returned to Zaragoza and become a well known and respected citizen until her death at age 71.

Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Mana: E

Class Skills:

Independent Action (C):
    Capable of staying materialized without a Master for 24 hours under ideal conditions.

Magic Resistance (E):
    Offers some protection against spells. Since she never encountered a significant amount of magic in her lifetime, she receives this skill only as a token of the Archer class.

Personal Skills:

Riding (C):
    A level of riding skill expected from a trained military officer. Most vehicles can be handled with average skill. However, beings of Phantasmal races are far beyond her ability.

Charisma (D):
    Sufficient to lead a company of troops. Able to inspire and reinvigorate allies after they witness her heroic deeds.

Subversive Activities (D):
    On the level of a guerilla fighter. Can disable up to 20% of an enemy's military strength before battle and can prepare traps.

Noble Phantasm:

Defensora de Zaragoza~Recompensa Del Valor y Patriotismo (C)

This Noble Phantasm signifies the act that Archer is most famous for, to the point that she became a national hero and overshadowed what was,
    for a woman of her time, an impressive military career. Archer can materialize the cannon that she fired from atop the Portillo to serve as an artillery weapon.
    The cannon is able to reload itself quickly by channeling prana into it and Archer can change its ammunition between one of two forms:

-A single round cannonball, which causes a considerable explosion on impact, capable of taking out fortified structures and large targets.
    -A grapeshot, which covers a large area and can shred smaller targets at the cost of a shorter effective range and less stopping power.

By invoking the name of this Noble Phantasm, she can cause the cannon to float around her person at a cost of reducing her Agility by one rank.
    However, she prefers not to use the cannon in this manner since she would rather bombard her enemies at long range, dematerialize the cannon and change her position,
    since it uses less prana overall and allows her to maintain an element of surprise. It is useful at times, however, if she is being pressured at close range and requires massive firepower while still remaining mobile.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Funderfullness; September 6th, 2014 at 12:54 AM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    Aragon
    Servants from Lord of the Rings belong in the other thread.

She has a cannon and you try to defend yourself with a pithy attempt at humor? Granted, you did make me panic and recheck my spelling.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PBlades View Post
    The one with the original ring of invisibility. No, not those midgets.

Assassin

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    I've always liked the story of the king Gyges, I just never had any ideas for him beyond 'get invisible, shank a bitch' so I'll be interested to see what you do.

Stats:

Endurance: E
    Mana: C
    Noble Phantasm: A
    Stats look fine, I'd personally have given Rank D STR but age is enough that I have no problem with C.

Class Skills:
    Presence Concealment (X): This skill is subsumed into and represented by the Assassin’s noble phantasm.

Personal Skills:

Critical Strike (B+): At this rank, Assassin’s attack deal increased damage should he succeed on a Luck-check. Further, his attacks gain the ‘’Armor-piercing’’ attribute if the opponent has not yet detected Assassin. This skill is representative of Assassin’s opportunistic maneuver, killing the King and seducing the Queen in one fell stroke after he discovers the ring of invisibility.

Disengage (B): Assassin possesses the ability to remove himself from an unfavorable situation with near-perfect success rate. At this rank, Assassin can only be cornered if there’s a flat 0% chance of escape for him, and the opponent must succeed a Luck-check.
    Love that he only has 2 skills, and they are "shank" and "run away". Suits him very well.
    Noble Phantasms:
    Name: Ring of Gyges
    Title: The Unfettered Conclusion
    Owner: Gyges of Lydia
    Type: Anti-Unit (Anti-Concept)
    Effect: Passive effects include allowing Assassin to become invisible to all senses at will, negating the effects of Instinct and Eyes of the Mind, and augmenting Assassin’s intiative roll. Upon invocation of the true name, however, the ring shows it true power, manipulating casuality in a similar manner to that of a certain red spear or dagger. A powerful concept that coalsces both in the heart of morality and idle imaginations – what would one do if one have absolute reprieve from consequences. In effect, all negative actions against Assassin is made to happen in the future, 20 turns later. In other words, even if a cause (charging a certain sword-beam, erecting a certain seven-petaled shield, a slashing attack) have been performed and the prana needed expended, the effect (beamu, manifestation of the shield, the hit connecting) would not happen until 20 turns later, if and only if Assassin’s opponents can still fulfill the criteria of activation of whatever effects desired- the prana expended is not refunded. Against Lawful or Good opponents, the effect duration is halved, culminatively.
    And the NP is rather interesting. With 100% sensory masking at will and no indication that effectiveness is reduced when preparing to attack, as well as blocking detection skills, how exactly is anyone supposed to ever react at all? It actually sounds damn broke since you'll always always get your attack in first and can pretty much take the time to ensure it is lethal. Add to that how once hit the opponent cannot act against you in any way at all for a period of time, even if it's a wild "fire excalibur ina random direction and hope I hit the invisible killer" response. I love the concept of "avoiding iretribution" but I think it can be worked out as a practical effect better.

Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    OK, this one may be a bit of a stretch, but I hope the stats aren't too high for your distinguished tastes.

To me they are a tad high, I'd personally drop STR a rank and also maybe END beecause she's supposed to be a ranged fighter, is recent and has no significant feats of strength or endurance to speak of.

With the way TM works appear to be afraid of using C or lower stats even for the most recent or feats-bare of Servants (looking at you guys, Li Shuwen & Jackie) you can get away with it.
    Class: Archer (possibly Rider)
    Identity:
    Agustina of Aragon (1786-1857 CE)[B][B]

Endurance: D
    Mana: E

Class Skills:

Independent Action (C):
    Capable of staying materialized without a Master for 24 hours under ideal conditions.

Magic Resistance (D):
    Cancels single-action spells. Since she never encountered a significant amount of magic in her lifetime, she receives this skill only as a token of the Archer class.

Personal Skills:

Riding (C):
    A respectable level of riding skill expected from a trained military officer. Most vehicles can be handled with average skill. However, beings of Phantasmal races are far beyond her ability.

Charisma (D):
    Sufficient to lead a company of troops. Able to inspire and reinvigorate allies after they witness her heroic deeds.

Subversive Activities (D):
    On the level of a guerilla fighter. Can disable up to 20% of an enemy's military strength before battle and can prepare traps.
    I like the skills here, Rank D Charisma is rare to see so I appreciate that one. The others make sense in the context of her military career so all good there.

Though maybe reduce Magic Resistance to E? EMIYA probably encountered more magecraft and was a CG and he still only has Rank D.
    Noble Phantasms:

Defensora de Zaragoza~Recompensa Del Valor y Patriotismo (C)

This Noble Phantasm signifies the act that Archer is most famous for, to the point that she became a national hero and overshadowed what was,
    for a woman of her time, an impressive military career. Archer can materialize the cannon that she fired from atop the Portillo to serve as an artillery weapon.
    The cannon is able to reload itself quickly by channeling prana into it and Archer can change its ammunition between one of two forms:

-A single round cannonball, which causes a considerable explosion on impact, capable of taking out fortified structures and and large targets.
    -A grapeshot, which covers a large area and can shred smaller targets at the cost of a shorter effective range and less stopping power.

By invoking the name of this Noble Phantasm, she can cause the cannon to float around her person at a cost of reducing her Agility by one rank.
    However, she prefers not to use the cannon in this manner since she would rather bombard her enemies at long range, dematerialize the cannon and change her position,
    since it uses less prana and allows her to maintain an element of surprise. It is useful at times, however, if she is begin pressured at close range and requires massive firepower while still remaining mobile.
    I like this NP, simple yet versatile. Also nice to see such a low rank anti-fortress NP. Overall I really like the idea of a long range artillery NP.

Yep, he's the non-flashy pragmatic shank and run-away type Servant. Hard to get rid of and capable of scoring a good hit on a Servant in an ambush -with his subpar stats, even augmented by his skill, he won't be scoring kills on any Knight classes anytime soon. He'd be hard-countered by always-on defense like Herc's or Gil and Saber's armor, Master-killer like Kerry, and a good enough counter-ambush; it's Nasu-speak, but if he can be kept from escaping for 20 turns (Or 10 or 5), he's screwed. A simple Master's tactic for him would be something like scouting everyone then stabbing the crap out of anyone in the middle of a fight until there's only him and (preferably) Caster, then stabbing the crap out of them.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Well, there's that snippet of magi being able to tell magic is being used even if they can't really locate Assassin, from F/E.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tweaked her parameters accordingly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PBlades View Post
    Yep, he's the non-flashy pragmatic shank and run-away type Servant. Hard to get rid of and capable of scoring a good hit on a Servant in an ambush -with his subpar stats, even augmented by his skill, he won't be scoring kills on any Knight classes anytime soon. He'd be hard-countered by always-on defense like Herc's or Gil and Saber's armor, Master-killer like Kerry, and a good enough counter-ambush; it's Nasu-speak, but if he can be kept from escaping for 20 turns (Or 10 or 5), he's screwed. A simple Master's tactic for him would be something like scouting everyone then stabbing the crap out of anyone in the middle of a fight until there's only him and (preferably) Caster, then stabbing the crap out of them.
    Except he's not really hard-countered by any of that because his deal as Assassin should be killing Masters and they can't really hang around without a Master (except Gil, but saying a hard counter is Gil is pointless since he pretty much hard counters everything). His invisibility to every sense and pretty much all skills makes getting in and killing Masters stupid easy.

Also, how can he be kept from escaping? Detaining him is a negative action taken against him. Conceptually pretty much anything can be framed as a negative action against him and can thus be turn-delayed.

Create History with the light even God doesn't know Der Ritter's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just a thought about my Lovecraft thing awhile back, but how would Nyarlathotep do as a Servant? Because the only thing I could find for a Noble Phantasm was the Shining Trapezohedron.

Blog Entries
    Dunno. Go ask Modern Fiction Servants because I can't remember much about him at the moment and there would be others there that know more of his obscure details anyway.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Ritter View Post
    Just a thought about my Lovecraft thing awhile back, but how would Nyarlathotep do as a Servant?
    He would have the awesome power of "Why are you making an alien abomination a Servant?"
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Ritter View Post
    Just a thought about my Lovecraft thing awhile back, but how would Nyarlathotep do as a Servant? Because the only thing I could find for a Noble Phantasm was the Shining Trapezohedron.
    I think he'd be more divine spirit, because I don't think it's aheroic spirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.