Page 445 of 782 FirstFirst ... 345395435440443444445446447450455495545 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,900 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhastiel View Post
    An Astra which Arjuna gained that he never used on earth, because it's power is basically destroy all the people of the world.
    Hindu mythology is just the best.

Rama people were scared shit-less of, not because he could use brhamastra, but because he was really just OP. There is literally no way to compare Arjuna to Rama. Rama fought monsters and demons who rivaled the gods in power and he did it with little problem at all. He had all the astras of all the gods and knew all the mantras. He also had to most powerful Astra which belonged to Vishnu, an astra which insta kills any target, and also has the power to negate all other astras. (Rama's bow was also the bow of Vishnu. Which when used by Vishnu could cause the entire universe to rumble and shake.)
    Rama was also the avatar of Vishnu himself, so that explains it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna View Post
    A bit of a list of Servants that I whipped up. The idea of the last four Classes is that the Grail System has been revised, due to it being recreated in America. The Knight Classes were kept, but others were changed. In the creation of the original Servant system, more Classes were created, but were unrefined. This new Grail System took them and completed them.

If anyone who knows more than me about the Nasuverse of the Servants' legends and finds a mistake, just tell me.
    So it's like Fate/Strange Fake with a bunch of Americans botching the system. I like it.

You have all seven Servants accounted for and Masters to match most of them. Are you planning to serialize these in fan fiction?

Rama people were scared shit-less of, not because he could use brhamastra, but because he was really just OP. There is literally no way to compare Arjuna to Rama. Rama fought monsters and demons who rivaled the gods in power and he did it with little problem at all. He had all the astras of all the gods and knew all the mantras. He also had to most powerful Astra which belonged to Vishnu, an astra which insta kills any target, and also has the power to negate all other astras. (Rama's bow was also the bow of Vishnu. Which when used by Vishnu could cause the entire universe to rumble and shake.)
    Well, yes, they were terrified of him too since I think the only people to ever match him were both of his twin sons trying to attack him together and they were also way stronger than everyone else. Still, I thought people reacted specifically to him stringing his bow since it meant 'I could destroy you and absolutely anything I felt like if I wanted to. Do you really want to start this fight?'

Nebuchadnezzard II had a dragon in myth. But I guess "two babylonian" heroes would be silly.

Other than that, Beowulf could use some tweaking IMO, like The giants sword is a weapon who could kill a god like being. Other than that there is both Hrunting and Naegling that can be used as weapons, he also had an armour made by Wayland the smith. His MR could probably go up to A. The protection to fire is nice though. ( He's also Swedish.)

Brhamastra is one of the most powerful weapons in hindu myth. But there are more powerful, I don't think Arjuna's Brhamastra would be as powerful as that, so you could probably replace it with pashupastra. Which is the most powerful weapon of shiva and kali. An Astra which Arjuna gained that he never used on earth, because it's power is basically destroy all the people of the world.
    "I am king of Babylon, Nebuchadne - " "NO YOU'RE NOT MONGREL! GATE OF BABYLON!"

It could kill gods? O_O I need to reread it. I decided not to add Nægling and Hrunting, since they both break and, in the story at least, aren't that special (unless both my high school and college had a condensed version...). Though I know that Hrunting gets an upgrade in F/HA.

As I said, I've only read a summary of the Mahabharata (but am working reading an abridged version). How does the story itself describe Brahmastra?

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Rama was also the avatar of Vishnu himself, so that explains it.

Hm. I wonder if that diqualify Rama and Krishna from the Grail War.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    So it's like Fate/Strange Fake with a bunch of Americans botching the system. I like it.

You have all seven Servants accounted for and Masters to match most of them. Are you planning to serialize these in fan fiction?
    Thanks. ^^

Originally, but then I remembered that I can't write without a deadline (which is the only explanation for every English teacher telling me I write very well (even saying I should major in English, but I'm staying far away from prescriptivist linguistics), unless they all have low standards). Oh, and the main romantic relationship would be male-on-male (with original characters, since I don't support changing orientation of a character unless there're hints in canon).

Though, the Knight Classes and Cain as Berserker might feature in RPG I may running next semester. ... Only problem is I can't find the best system. The other four would be Jason (Rider), Abdul Alhazred (Caster), and Chiyome Mochizuki (Assassin).
    Last edited by Arjuna; June 22nd, 2014 at 08:54 PM.
    裸じゃないと意味がない。

As I said, I've only read a summary of the Mahabharata (but am working reading an abridged version). How does the story itself describe Brahmastra?
    An avatar is not considered a god, I think. Ravana couldn't be killed by a god or demon or whatever, but could be killed by a human. So Rama was a human, even though he was Vishnu. If I were to make a character sheet for Rama (And I won't, because he'd be stupidly overpowered) I would probably give him A+ divinity since I think that's about as high as divinity really goes.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    How does the story itself describe Brahmastra?
    It's very powerful. But then again, there are a someAstras that could be interpreted as even more powerful, or just as useful. Hindu mythology is crazy with powerlevels.

Hm. I wonder if that diqualify Rama and Krishna from the Grail War.
    It's a bit difficult to establish. Keep in mind that I haven't read Ramayana yet, only the Mahabharata. But: in the Mahabharata, Krishna is able to "shapeshift" into Vishnu's other forms (such as in the famous Bhagavad Gita) and is able to retain his divine properties (such as stopping divine astras who derive their powers from Vishnu). In other words, it seems he's able to retain at least part of his divine powers. It's also true that Krishna actually dies at one point. Overall, I'd say it's kinda like those HSs that becomes gods after that. I'd say they could be summoned, with a high rank in Divinity.
    Last edited by Sherrinford; June 23rd, 2014 at 06:46 AM.

Krisha and Rama should be able to be summoned.

The Giant's sword is really just a blade of Giants, and Giant in Nordic myth are basically the counterparts to gods and their weapons are meant to kill other divine beings. Also Grendel's mom is supposed to be a divine being of Giant/god like origin. Don't forget that Beowulf could punch a dragon to death. Not just any dragon, a real super ultra mega dragon. The ones that Nasu says can eat continents and are god like in power.

Rama's bow could basically be said to be one of the most powerful weapons in all of Hindu myth, that and the fact that he could just use any astra he wanted. Brhamashira which is the better version of brhamastra is like something he'd just throw at you like it was nothing. To him using astras was like breathing. Basically there is a story when rama was gonna cross the sea to get to fight Ravanna. So he threatened the sea with using brhamastra to destory it if it didn't move. And the sea apologized and created a pathway! Basically put, Rama would be one of the most OP servants ever.

Also, I don't think Caine can be summoned.....cause he's not dead. Technically at least. God cursed Cain to wander earth forever in shame. He'd never get to go to heaven, and never get to die.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also Grendel's mom is supposed to be a divine being of Giant/god like origin. Don't forget that Beowulf could punch a dragon to death. Not just any dragon, a real super ultra mega dragon. The ones that Nasu says can eat continents and are god like in power.
    What Grendel and his mother exactly are is left entirely ambiguous.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Rama would be the most OP servant ever.
    Fixed that for you. Rama would make Gil look like weakshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    What Grendel and his mother exactly are is left entirely ambiguous.
    True, but it depends on which translation you read. One claims that she's a warg. Though, regardless. A Giant's blade would be made to kill other divine beings. That was really the point I was trying to make. Also the fact that no other blade than the Giant's blade could kill her kinda leads you to believe that she was of some sort of divine origin. Considering that other norse heroes have tried to kill gods with normal weapons and it has basically done nothing to them, just like with her.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But giants are giants in the nasuverse.

Also, I don't think Caine can be summoned.....cause he's not dead. Technically at least. God cursed Cain to wander earth forever in shame. He'd never get to go to heaven, and never get to die.
    That's just a common interpretation. God cursed him as a "wanderer and fugitive," but nothing in Jewish, Christian (except maybe Mormonism, but I know next to nothing about it) or Islamic scriptures directly say he's immortal. Besides which, the Flood was said to kill everyone but Noah's family, so Cain's dead unless the writer forgot to mention that he survived.

That said, this is the Nasuverse, so who knows what weird things Nasu would tack on to Cain's story.
    裸じゃないと意味がない。

Blog Entries
    Like that important part where Cain is actually a girl. And "he" killed Abel because of lack of man parts.

But that doesn't make her sympathetic. Cain was an imouto that looked just like Akiha and loved her big brother, but then Abel died because of unrelated circumstances and God cursed her for no reason whatsoever.

Blog Entries
    Cain is mortal in the Bible for sure. He had kids (with some random woman) and one of his descendants in the Bible was Nimrod who tried to built the infamous tower of Babylon.

Blog Entries
    Nope, Nimrod is Noah's grandson on Cush's side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Class: Rider

True Name:
    Aillil Mac Mata

Parameters:

Strength:
    A

Agility:
    B

Endurance:
    B

Mana:
    C

Luck:
    E (Luck of the Irish)

Backstory
    He is the son of Mata Muirisc, of the Fir Ol nEchmacht, a tribal grouping of Connacht, through whom
    he claimed the throne of Connachta. His father is Rus Ruad, king of the Laigin. He was the grandson of Medb’s Ele, and
    came to Cruachan as young child to be raised by Medb who was reigning there as the Queen, alongside her husband,
    Eochaid Dala. Aillil grew up to be a fine warrior and the Queen’s bodyguard, as well as her lover. Upon discovering this,
    Eochaid tried to expel him from Connacht, but was foiled by Medb. Eochaid then challenged Aillil to single combat and lost,
    allowing Aillil to take the throne of Connachta as well as Medb’s hand in marriage.
    Aillil led the Cuail Bo Cuailnge (The cattle raid of Cooley) against the Ulaid, an expedition to steal their prized bull, Donn
    Cuailnge. This expedition was born of a dispute between Aillil and Medb as to who was wealthier. Their wealth was equal,
    except for the bull, Finnbhenach whose origin as a renowned shapeshifter that was stuck in the form of a bull added to his
    value. Finnbhenach originally belonged to Medb’s herds but decided that being owned by a woman was beneath his dignity
    and transferred himself to Aiillil’s ownership.
    Backstory Coontinuation
    Fergus mac Roich, a former king of the Ulaid in exile and Medb's lover, was chosen to lead the way for the army. On the
    way the army split in two. Ailill led one party, and Medb and Fergus, leading the other, took the opportunity to sleep
    together. But Ailill had sent his charioteer, Cuillius, to spy on them, and Cuillius stole Fergus's sword while he was

in flagrante . Ailill decided to forgive Medb on the grounds that she was probably trying to ensure Fergus' loyalty, and kept
    Fergus's sword safe but hidden.
    Because of a divine curse on the Ulaid, the invasion was opposed only by the teenage Ulaid hero Cu Chulainn
    , who held up
    the army's advance by demanding single combat at fords. Medb and Ailill offered their daughter Findabair in marriage to a
    series of heroes as payment for fighting Cú Chulainn, but all were defeated. Nevertheless, they secured the bull. After
    Conchobar finally assembled the Ulaid's army, Ailill gave Fergus back his sword and the final battle began. The Connachta
    were forced to retreat, but Donn Cúailnge was brought back to Cruachan, where he fought Finnbhennach, killed him, and
    died of his wounds.
    Ailill managed to keep his promise to Medb to be without jealousy, despite her many lovers, until he saw her bathing in a
    lake with Fergus. His blind brother Lugaid Dalléces was nearby, so Ailill told him a hart and a doe were playing in the lake,
    and challenged him to kill them with a spear. Lugaid threw the spear and killed Fergus.

Late in life, the Ulaid hero Conall Cernach
    came to stay with Ailill and Medb, as theirs was the only household in Ireland
    that could satisfy his enormous appetite. Medb found Ailill was seeing another woman and demanded Conall kill him,
    something he was happy to do in revenge for Fergus. He fled, but the men of the Connachta pursued and killed him at the
    ford of Ballyconell
    , County Cavan.

Class Skills:

Riding: A

- The ability to ride animals and vehicles as mounts. At this rank, creatures below Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast rank can be used as mounts

Personal Skills

Magic Resistance: B

- A skill that grants protection against magical effects by cancelling the spells altogether instead of merely rejecting prana. As a result of being a Heroic Spirit from an age when gods existed and runic magic was widespread, Rider has developed an immunity against spells with a chant below three verses, including High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Charisma: B

- It is the natural talent to command an army and increases the ability of allies in group battles. Rider was the king of Connachta and has the charisma befitting of a king of a country.

Rune Magic: E

- The knowledge involving the runic alphabet that originated in northern Europe as well as the magecrafted associated with it. Since Rider came from an age where runes were widely used, Rider has full knowledge of the runic alphabet but he has no ability to use them for mystical purposes.

Noble Phantasm:

Finnbhenach, White Horned Bull:B-rank Supplementary

- Finnbhenach was once a pig-keeper of Bodb Dearg, the king of Tuatha de Danann. Along with his colleague, Donn Cuailnge, they delved into magecraft involving self-transfiguration and got to the point where they can turn from human to animal at will. However, they got into a dispute and after transforming into a series of animals to try and kill the other both of them ended up as worms that got swallowed by two cows and were reborn as two bulls.

Finnbhenach was born into the herds of Medb, but thought that being owned by a woman was beneath his dignity.
    As a Noble Phantasm, he materializes as a massive, black bull with gleaming white horns. His horns can punch through protections of B-rank and below while his hide is resistant to attacks B-rank and below.

While his bull form is still his most combat capable form, he still retains his ability to shapeshift into other animals, even being capable of turning back into his human self if necessary. However, as a human, he is equivalent to a Heroic Spirit with E-rank stats, no skills other than his shapeshifting ability and no Noble Phantasms.

F/SN x Disgaea Cross
    Crimson Spears

Kyouko-chaaaaan~
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Krisha and Rama should be able to be summoned.
    I'd guess that Krishna's divinity will be a cut above every other servant's though. Dude's the incarnation of capital-G God, or at least a Jesus equivalent.

Rama's bow could basically be said to be one of the most powerful weapons in all of Hindu myth, that and the fact that he could just use any astra he wanted. Brhamashira which is the better version of brhamastra is like something he'd just throw at you like it was nothing. To him using astras was like breathing. Basically there is a story when rama was gonna cross the sea to get to fight Ravanna. So he threatened the sea with using brhamastra to destory it if it didn't move. And the sea apologized and created a pathway! Basically put, Rama would be one of the most OP servants ever.
    Didn't Gandiva snap on Rama's hands, or was it Arjuna's? And no, I don't think Brahmastra was ever actually used except in one occasion (Lakshmana vs. Atikaya, Laks used it to counter Atikaya's armor). Later on Arjuna and Karna both got Brahmastra but neither used it in fear of the two clashing and the world dividing by zero; Arjuna favored the Pashupatastra/Pasupati since it's powerful and reliable. Also, the crossing to Lanka part varies on retelling really. In the version I know, Rama and his army had to build a bridge/embankment for the whole army to cross. Along the way, he and his army (mostly Hanuman) must fend off a few sea monsters who got annoyed by a few million chimps marching around.

In all honesty, even if you don't get Krishna, Arjuna, Karna, or Rama there are many other Indian dudes who will wreck someone else's day readily. Bhisma? Won't die when he's killed. Drona? Master of almost all astra weaponry. Parashurama? Chuck Norris. Even the lightweights like Aswatthama or Sahadeva can still seriously ruin anyone's day.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Brahmastra was used a few times if I recall, in the Ramayana at least. When Rama was about 13 he threatened the sea with Brahmastra because it was in his way, so the sea parted and promised to never stand before him. However, Rama had already activated brahmastra and needed another target. So the sea opened a hole that lead to the bottom of the ocea, where there was a city of demon. Rama used Brhamastra to destroy the demons.He also used it at least onces against Ravana. (Rama's bow was Shiva's bow. It wasn't Gandiva, but he did snap it in two in order to string it and then put it back together.)

But yeah, Rama and Krishna, being avatars of the main god in Hindu myth would have really high divinity. Both of them have also basically ascended into godhood after their lives as well.

Indian heroes are all crazy as hell, most of them would literally wreck nearly everything.

First time I've ever tried to make a Servant out of a character and I had to choose this motherfucker. His moveset is so hard to pin down! Anyways here's the image link for those who care since apparently it's too big to fit on BL.

BASIC INFORMATION
    Class: Berserker
    Alternate Classes: Assassin
    Name: Alex Mercer
    Sex: Male?
    Height: Exact measurement unknown
    Weight: Exact measurement unknown

ATTRIBUTES
    Str: B(+)
    End: C(+)
    Spd: D(+)
    Mana: D
    Luck: C
    N.P.: B(+)

CLASS SKILLS
    Mad Enhancement: D
    Adds a + modifier to Strength, Endurance, Speed, and Noble Phantasm. While active Berserker becomes incredibly irritable and violent, easily provoked and impossible to reason with.

SKILLS
    Independent Action: C (E-)
    Berserker's strong lone-wolf tendencies and the nature of his body allows him this skill even though he is not of the Archer class, but due to Mad Enhancement this skill is greatly reduced.

Riding: C
    The combined skills Berserker inherited from his victims allow him to ride modern vehicles, with above average skill.

Monstrous Strength: A
    An ability possessed by monsters and beasts, it temporarily boosts the Strength parameter by one rank for a limited time determined by the rank of the skill. With rank A Berserker can maintain the boost almost indefinitely, but the longer it is maintained the more he loses control of his body.

Shapeshifting: A+ (B)
    A skill given to him by his Formshift Noble Phantasm, Berserker can alter his body to perfectly mimic the appearance, clothes, voice and general mannerisms of anyone he has Devoured. The Mad Enhancement class skill would prevent use of this skill, but Formshift allows Berserker to keep it at a penalty.

NOBLE PHANTASM

Devour
    Type: Anti-Infantry
    Max Target: 1
    Description: Berserker's ability to consume the body and soul of others is second to none. Devour allows him to consume any living being he comes in direct contact with in seconds, and maximizes the magical energy he obtains from a soul. Devour can also be used to heal Berserker, with the amount of damage healed proportional to the mass of the victim. Berserker obtains all the skills and memories of everyone he Devours, including those of other Servants. Berserker can Devour servants, but it is a much more time consuming process and he must remain in contact with his target for the duration for it to succeed.

Formshift
    Type: N/A
    Max Target: N/A
    Description: The unique nature of Berserker's body allows him to alter his form in almost any fashion he desires, from turning his arms into a mass of long, bladed tentacles to reinforcing his outer layer into a thick, heavy armor. The sheer flexibility of this Noble Phantasm makes Berserker's attacks extremely difficult to predict.

- - - Updated - - -

As an Assassin, Mercer's Strength would fall to C, Endurance to D, and Mana to E. Mad Enhancement would be replaced with Presence Concealment: E. Everything else would be the same, sans values modified by Mad Enhancement.
    Last edited by Arramos; July 15th, 2014 at 05:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple-tan View Post
    I am suddenly thankful for Tobias. Immensely.