Page 567 of 782 FirstFirst ... 67467517557562565566567568569572577617667 ... LastLast
Results 11,321 to 11,340 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    1. Want to have magical power but fail
    2. Make a contract with Alaya or Gaia or anyone who'll do it to become a CG for magic powers
    3. ???
    4. PROFIT!

Bam. Done. Now he's eligible.

Blog Entries
    There is still hope for Shinji.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    There is still hope for Shinji.
    Shinji is confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Peanut-007's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    *Angry Saber Noises*
    US Friend Code
    The archer who popped up in Grand Order is actually CG WAKAME. This is a very serious fact.

"We have entered an infinite recursion of Saber."

If that were true, then Alaya must be incredibly desperate for personnel... I mean, I know that becoming a Counter Guardian is basically 'Hey, Alaya, I swear to be your murderbot for all of eternity, now gimme my wish' and that the Will of Mankind is not exactly picky... But it's Shinji.

On the other hand, this would make for a very funny premise: CG MATOU gets summoned during the Fifth Holy Grail War.

EMIYA: "I want to kill my past self because it is the only way to escape this hell of an afterlife I foolishly condemned myself to because of those childish dreams I once chased. You?"

MATOU: "My teenage self is a dick."

Blog Entries
    So! First post here, hope it isn't too terrible. Was unsure about which one of the Servants I've statted up to open with, but this is the one I haven't seen anyone else do yet.

Lohengrin
    Knight of the Swan
    Saber/Rider

Legend

While the name Lohengrin or Loherangrin debuted in the German version of the Arturian myths as the son of Parzifal or Percival, the title of the Swan Knight existed before that, also being attributed to an ancestor of Gottfried of Bouillon, called Helias.
    However, the version best known today is called Lohengrin, as popularized by the 1848 opera by Richard Wagner.
    Whatever his name may be, the story is as follows:
    In Brabant's court, King Henry the Fowler arrived to settle a judicial matter: the disappearance or possible murder of the young Duke of Brabant. His sister, Elsa, stands accused by her uncle, Friedrich von Telramund - he who stands most to gain if both were to disappear.
    The king asks Elsa to defend herself, but she is beside herself with grief. As he cannot resolve the matter himself, he decides to hold a trial by combat to decide who is right. While Telramund agrees enthusiastically, Elsa has no champion.
    However, she claims she has seen a mysterious Knight in her dreams, and he shall arrive to be her champion.
    Twice the horn sounds, but only the third time does a boat pulled by swans arrive at the nearby river, being ridden by the knight of which Elsa dreamt.
    He soundly defeats Telramund, and marries Elsa, with the sole condition that she never asks his name or where he came from.
    She agrees, and while she keeps the promise for a decade, eventually she breaks the taboo, and asks him his name.
    He answers that he is called Lohengrin, son of Percival, but then departs the next morning on the boat pulled by swans, leaving behind his family and weaponry to return where he once came from: the lands of the Knights of the Grail.

Parameters:
    STR B+
    EN C+
    AGI C+
    MA D
    LU C
    NP B

Class skills:
    Magic Resistance B:
    Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Other spells find it difficult to affect him.In his legend, Lohengrin had to endure the pagan magecraft of Telramund and his wife, who believed in Wodan, and did so succesfully. Thus, he is granted a small measure of resistance against most magecraft, bolstered by being summoned as either Saber or Rider.

Riding B:
    As a knight, Lohengrin was brought up with an education in knightly matters, including riding horses. While he is most comfortable on his boat, Lohengrin can ride all manner of beasts and vehicles capably, though Phantasmal Beasts do not fall within this skill.

Personal skills:

Familiars (Swans) C:
    Owing to his title as the Swan Knight, Lohengrin can summon a maximum of seven swans. These swans are of average human intelligence.
    Due to the rank he has, Lohengrin can direct these with thought alone, without needing a contract.

Eye of the Mind (True) B+:
    As a Grail Knight, Lohengrin was expected to be a great combatant; he proved this by taking down Telramund easily. Due to spending a lifetime around other famed Knights, he has learned to read the intentions of his opponents by how they move around and swing their weapons.
    Due to his legend, when participating in duels or other one-on-one combat, Lohengrin gets a bonus to his Strength.

Chivalry B:
    Knighthood, especially that of the Grail, demanded holding the Chivalric code in high esteem; Lohengrin is no different. For instance, he shall never attempt to lie, to flee, or to attack those weaker than him. However, should he be forced to break it through a Command Seal, he will suffer from severe depression, to the point of suicide.
    At this rank, it also bars most Mental Interference from effecting Lohengrin.

Noble Phantasms:

A Boat Pulled By Swans: Anti-Unit, C
    The ceremonial boat Saber used to come to the duel for which he is most famous. It is clad in gold, and is pulled by a single swan with a gold chain. When he rides it, he shall always be just in time when he needs to be. However, it cannot attack on its own.

Taboo ~ For Someone's Honor ~ Anti-Unit (Self) B
    Knights of the Grail were under oath to remain anonymous at all times, no matter what happened. They had an absolute taboo to never reveal their name.
    This taboo is exemplified in Lohengrin's armour, which hides his identity from everyone who looks upon him. On the other hand, as long as no one knows who he is, they cannot guess at where his sword will strike, or how he'll act. This skill is able to fool even those with skills such as Instinct or Eye of the Mind under the rank of B.
    Should his identity be either guessed or demanded by his Master, though, he will fade away the next morning at daybreak, stepping onto his boat and dying instantly. In doing so, however, he will leave behind his sword and all other possessions, which will last as long as the Grail War he is summoned into does.

Notes:
    The general idea was that, in Fate/Extra, it's pretty important to know just who you're fighting this time, though it doesn't seem to matter as much in the other wars. Kind of based on that, I came up with the idea of a Servant whose whole viability is based on not knowing who he is.
    The fact the Master can't ask directly, either, makes it pretty trust-based.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Breogan View Post
    If that were true, then Alaya must be incredibly desperate for personnel... I mean, I know that becoming a Counter Guardian is basically 'Hey, Alaya, I swear to be your murderbot for all of eternity, now gimme my wish' and that the Will of Mankind is not exactly picky... But it's Shinji.
    It is the humans, not the planet, that grants the wishes of the king that scowls at the sky, having fallen to the ground. The Planet accepts the end of civilization, but humans, being the planet's dominant species, continue to reject it. This is a "defensive mechanism" made by the people's collective unconsciousness. It is a storehouse for the souls that continue to exist until the end of the human experience while containing many records and power in order to allow human history to continue. In short, it's usury has no limit.
    usury no limit.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Not... Bad, exactly, but the Noble Phantasm would make it so that he is only useful if he is summoned by compatibility. A magus that summoned him, specifically, would be... pretty screwed over if he or she suceeds. Unless they kill all the other Masters in a day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Breogan View Post
    Not... Bad, exactly, but the Noble Phantasm would make it so that he is only useful if he is summoned by compatibility. A magus that summoned him, specifically, would be... pretty screwed over if he or she suceeds. Unless they kill all the other Masters in a day.
    Basically, yeah. He's pretty situational that way. It's in the legend, though, so there's nothing to be done about it.
    The sword being left behind is a pretty small mercy, considering most Masters wouldn't be able to kill any Servant with only his equipment, especially since it's not a NP.
    But honestly, I kinda prefer it this way, I think it makes for an interesting dynamic.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Think Aleister Crowley could be a Servant? The cutoff date's a bit weird with him, seeing as how he was born in the 1800s but died in the 1900s
    I remember the argument from years ago that, since Aleister Crowley worked to make magic (or at the very least in-story his thaumaturgical system) known to the laymen, thus in direct contrast to how magic works in Nasuverse, he would barely qualify as a (decent) magus, let alone a heroic spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    however, he will leave behind his sword and all other possessions, which will last as long as the Grail War he is summoned into does.

Notes:
    The general idea was that, in Fate/Extra, it's pretty important to know just who you're fighting this time, though it doesn't seem to matter as much in the other wars. Kind of based on that, I came up with the idea of a Servant whose whole viability is based on not knowing who he is.
    The fact the Master can't ask directly, either, makes it pretty trust-based.
    The setting in which you framed him actually makes it better.
    Last edited by Sherrinford; May 31st, 2015 at 05:32 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    I remember the argument from years ago that, since Aleister Crowley worked to make magic (or at the very least in-story his thaumaturgical system) known to the laymen, thus in direct contrast to how magic works in Nasuverse, he would barely qualify as a (decent) magus, let alone a heroic spirit.
    Hmm. Welp

Though if someone did bother making a Crowley sheet, I guess they could make his gimmick about degrading mystery or something? Like an anti-magic Caster (though tbh that'd probably be useless in an actual War)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Hmm. Welp

Though if someone did bother making a Crowley sheet, I guess they could make his gimmick about degrading mystery or something? Like an anti-magic Caster (though tbh that'd probably be useless in an actual War)
    Not really, I mean in theory, every master in a war is supposed to be a magus (BS 4th and 5th wars not withstanding) So a Caster who, by age isn't supposed to be that removed from Modern Magecraft, who instead dispells it entirely via the removal of mystery would be pretty awesome. Besides, if that effect extends to anything with 'mystery' he'd also be pretty powerful against older heroic spirits
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    At that point you'd just a Nobu who makes sense.
    We can't have that can we.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, I'd nasuify Crowley as a Shinji-tier entitled shit who ends up being a dead end for his magus family. When he finds out that they won't be passing on the crest to him like he thinks he is entilted to he chucks a tantrum and spends the rest of his life trying to disseminate magecraft publicly to weaken its mystery.

Because if he can't have nice magic, other magi shouldn't have it either.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Council's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Honestly, I'd nasuify Crowley as a Shinji-tier entitled shit who ends up being a dead end for his magus family. When he finds out that they won't be passing on the crest to him like he thinks he is entilted to he chucks a tantrum and spends the rest of his life trying to disseminate magecraft publicly to weaken its mystery.

Because if he can't have nice magic, other magi shouldn't have it either.
    Oh, far worse than Shinji is, then. Shinji is far more concerned for his personal gain to ever consider to take revenge on people at such a large scale. He talks big at times, but he soon forgets or is intimidated out of his own threats. His ego and imagination is more grounded too.

The quality of the character is called into question as a result. Are you sure? Your nasu-take of Crowley sounds far more over the top than enjoyable. At least Shinji is fun to resent.

And anyway a Nasu'd Crowley would focus on his eccentricities due to how people see him and be even more out of his mind than the original

Think Aleister Crowley could be a Servant? The cutoff date's a bit weird with him, seeing as how he was born in the 1800s but died in the 1900s
    He could be. Li Shuwen is a Servant. Extra's lack of credibility aside, we can presume to be born in the 1800s allows you to qualify through "minor" accomplishments.
    Last edited by Council; June 1st, 2015 at 12:18 AM.
    They are a family in the end<3
    [IMG]****************************convkey/b661/18u906w0cxufpguzg.jpg[/IMG]

I have commited a horrible crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Nooooo, my auto-merge.
    ; - ;

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Council View Post
    He could be. Li Shuwen is a Servant. Extra's lack of credibility aside, we can presume to be born in the 1800s allows you to qualify through "minor" accomplishments.
    It's less "minor" accomplishments and more running out of ways to be a Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    It's less "minor" accomplishments and more running out of ways to be a Hero.
    Is it?o.o

Perhaps I have misread. Does what you say refer to how deeds with modern weaponry can't qualify you? I recall there was a separate amendment for heroes after 1900.

Nooooo, my auto-merge.
    ; - ;

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    They're tied together. The use of modern weaponry is reliant not on the person but on the technology itself. Just like how in modern times, being a hero is not reliant upon the person but on society as a whole being capable of incredible things every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    They're tied together. The use of modern weaponry is reliant not on the person but on the technology itself. Just like how in modern times, being a hero is not reliant upon the person but on society as a whole being capable of incredible things every day.
    Ah, I see. I didn't look at the rule as you say before, I think you are right. Thank you~
    Last edited by Council; June 1st, 2015 at 12:30 AM.

Nooooo, my auto-merge.
    ; - ;

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Council View Post
    Is it?o.o

Perhaps I have misread. Does what you say refer to how deeds with modern weaponry can't qualify you? I recall there was a separate amendment for heroes after 1900.

btw these are Nasu's explanations. His world, his rules.

The point is that in the modern era, the world is constantly under threat, so anyone can do something that has the effect of "saving the world" but it's so insignificant and frequent that it's not enough to elevate someone to Nasuverse Hero status.

Like stopping a rainforest from being cut down. Sabotaging a particle collider experiment that might have created a black hole. That sort of thing.

re: modern weapons -- according to Nasu, firearms can't become Noble Phantasms (legends) because anyone can become an expert with them (IRL: FALSE), and I infer also probably because they're mass produced, which eliminates Mystery and thus power in the Nasuverse. Any feats you accomplish with the weapon aren't a property of the weapon or the user, but the technology that made the weapon.

Which is a pointless distinction IMO, but there it is.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; June 1st, 2015 at 12:32 AM.