Page 649 of 782 FirstFirst ... 149549599639644647648649650651654659699749 ... LastLast
Results 12,961 to 12,980 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    unironically gay servant
    I like this very much.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Oh, I didn't know Vlad's Rank was EX. Seems... ...excessive. But oh, well.
    As for the rest... Hmmm... I do have some ideas, but they're Nasu-level creative interpretations. If you're up for that, here they are:

1) There's a mention of how he was raised on a shield and praised as king when he told his warriors they would start fighting for themselves, instead of for Rome. Now, that's nothing unusual among the gothic peoples, but maybe you could have that as a mount? I mean, a group of his warriors carrying him on a shield? Very unusual, but it might look interesting.

2) This one is quite the stretch: you know how he often won many sieges by starving the cities? Well, actually, pretty much everybody did that, but he seems to be particularly associated with that tactic. What if his mount was the horse of Famine, one of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse? (Told you it would be a stretch.)

3) As for Direptione Romae... Hmmm... It's not very creative, I admit, but what if it was some sort of B-Ranked Anti-Fortress beamspear (or beamsword, whichever you may prefer)?

4) The legend of him being buried under a river is actually interesting, since it's a pagan burial practice performed for someone who apparently was a devout Christian in life. What if Alaric had some sort of weapon that symbolises his being a bridge between paganism and Christianity, Rome and the new Germanic kingdoms, the old world and the new one? Something like Rhongomyniad, in short. Although that should probably change his Class, too.
    1) As funny as I find the idea of a Servant being carried around by people, I don't think it would really work out. I guess I could give him a chariot that has visual representations of the events, though.

2) That... actually sounds half-decent. It does require a lot of stretching though.

3) Not very original or unique, which is what I was trying to go for, but hey! What works, works right?

4) He wasn't a particularly devout Christian or pagan. Firstly, the particular branch of Christianity he was a part of (Arianism) was deemed a heresy. Secondly he didn't really give two shits about whether his people were Christians or pagans and allowed them to worship both. Hell, he was a part of rituals for both. Still, I could possibly make some sort of Skill or NP revolving around combining Christianity and paganism...

This guy probably (almost certainly) doesn't qualify as a proper Heroic Spirit, but I don't care. Witness how little I care.
    You're right, he doesn't qualify as a Heroic Spirit.

However, the sheer amount of apathy you demonstrate towards that fact spreads towards me and I now I don't care about that.

All I care about is the fact that, holy shit, an actual gay figure in mythology!
    Last edited by Crying; February 8th, 2016 at 01:20 AM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crying View Post
    1) All I care about is the fact that, holy shit, an actual gay figure in mythology!
    Pretty sure Greek myths were full of
    Paiderastía
    homosexuality
    , though. I don't think Nerites was anything particularly unusual, in that sense. He's hardly the only hot guy that some male god took interest in (I mean, just ask Ganymede).

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    1) Hey, it worked for Iskander. :-P

3) Yeah. Sorry I couldn't provide any other, more creative suggestion. Maybe instead of a simple beam it could be some sort of area-of-effect attack using the wraiths? Or maybe war machines summoned for a single attack?
    Out of curiosity, what was your "Bloodfort Andromeda" idea? That the wraiths would "plunder" the city's leylines, disrupting the flow of Prana in the area (and thus, steadily weakening everyone) while bringing the "loot" (Prana) back to Alaric?

4) I figure actual deities (or at least actual faith) wouldn't really care about man-made distinctions such as Catholicism or Arianism, and yeah, his being accepting of both Christianity and paganism for his people is what led me to suggest him being some sort of bridge between both worlds. But I don't really know much about Alaric; if you're saying he wasn't that religious, I believe you. :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Out of curiosity, what was your "Bloodfort Andromeda" idea? That the wraiths would "plunder" the city's leylines, disrupting the flow of Prana in the area (and thus, steadily weakening everyone) while bringing the "loot" (Prana) back to Alaric?
    Yeah, that was basically it. On one hand it's more powerful/effective than what he actually has, but it didn't really... do it, for me, you know? I might change it back to that anyway, though if I can figure out a cool mount NP for him.

Oh and I forgot to mention this, but I don't really care if I have to change his class. I just went with Rider because of the pictures of him riding a horse.

Blog Entries
    However, the sheer amount of apathy you demonstrate towards that fact spreads towards me and I now I don't care about that.

All I care about is the fact that, holy shit, an actual gay figure in mythology!
    GO has been so good to us in terms of potential Servants. If Stheno and Euryale count, then I'm saying he does too.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Blog Entries
    GO is... well, it uses whoever the fuck it wants as a Servant and disregards rules saying they can't be.

It's kind of stupid, actually.

But hey, you can do whatever you want man.
    Last edited by Crying; February 8th, 2016 at 04:15 AM.

Blog Entries
    GO is... well, it uses whoever the fuck it wants as a Servant and disregards rules saying they can't be.
    That's less a Grand Order thing and more a Nasuverse thing.

Geez, that's the second time I've tried defending a mobage I don't play anymore.

Blog Entries
    If Nasu wants to break the rules he set up in his own universe, he's (an idiot who's) allowed to do that.

When other people want to break the rules Nasu set up in his universe, it's not as okay.

People are more than happy to complain when someone does it in a fanfic, but they let it slide in GO.

...why the hell am I talking about this? I dislike GO, but I don't dislike it enough to put energy into disliking it, so why am I doing it now?

Oh yeah, I have nothing else to do.

Question : Would an alien (like the sci-fi kind) acclimated to earth life and treated like a human being and eventually a human hero be allowed to become a servant?

I'm thinking of rewriting (More of adding more info, really) on a previous submission of mine : Lam-Ang.

A lot of details in the legends attributed to him could make this angle work : He was born capable of speech and ready to fight, he was way smarter than the people of the time, he had strange biology, he spoke with the 'gods' despite not explicitly being divine, he had a (human) wife but never had children (it became a point of frustration in one version of the tale), at least two different versions of his tale talked about his acquisition of golden ships with cannon that could fly. In another tale, he died and the golden ships claimed his remains.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    The Trojan War only ended because Hector killed Achilles' boyfriend, who was also his cousin.
    Herk had plenty of male lovers.

This was specially common in Greece, probably because of them viewing women as inferior.
    Last edited by Zork Knight; February 8th, 2016 at 11:35 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    The Trojan War only ended because Hector killed Achilles' boyfriend, who was also his cousin.
    Herk had plenty of male lovers.

This was specially common in Greece, probably because of them viewing women as inferior.
    The best one is Orpheus, who in some legends swore to never love another woman after Eurydice died and then proceeded to sleep with a whole bunch of dudes.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    On the subject of the Greeks, heres Herc's boyfriend.

Servant: Archer
    Name: Philocetes
    Class: Archer
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Place of Origin: Greece

Strength- C
    Endurance- E
    Agility- B++
    Mana- E
    Luck- C

Height/Weight: 171cm/63kg

Dislikes: Snakes, Solitude, Odysseus
    Talent: Ending Wars
    Natural Enemy: Odysseus

Class Skills:
    • Independent Action (A) - Can remain in this world for a week even after losing his Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great Magical Energy consumption, back up from the Master is necessary.
    • Magic Resistance (D) - Cancel Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Personal Skills:
    • Clairvoyance (B) - Connotes superior visual perception and dynamic occipital capture, such as to supplement the long-range aiming of projectile weapons. At higher ranks, it is possible that the bearers of this skill have acquired such abilities as precognition ("future vision") and other forms of perception beyond standard eyesight (X-ray vision and so forth).
    • Eternal Bow Mastership (A+) - Can make full use of his abilities with a Bow, even under affects of mental interference.
    • Weak Constitution (C) - A weakness struck by the nature of frail health. Similar in nature to Innocent Monster, where the perception of the people in the future affects the existence of Heroic Spirit. Due to being bitten by a poisonous snake in his exile, his endurance receives a permanent rank down.
    • Favour of the Famed Hero (A) - Philoctetes was favoured by Heracles, the greatest of heroes and whom later ascended to godhood. Once per war he can call upon Heracles blessings to restore him to full health and removes any debuffs, including the Weak Constitution skill.

Noble Phantasm:

• Bow of Heracles Great Beast's Bane (Anti-Unit) (B) - Phil’s main Noble Phantasm, the bow of Heracles. It is a huge greatbow with arrows that are similar to javelins. Although each shot is incredibly powerful, it takes a long time for his to draw an arrow and fire. Each arrow also contains a potent poison that can kill normal humans within seconds, servants with high Endurance can last a few days if the stat is high enough.

Lore:
    Spoiler:
    Possibly the greatest archer in Greek history, but better known as Heracles best friend. After leaving a life of nobility, he became an Argonaught - which is where he met Heracles where they became the greatest of friends. He went on adventures with him and taught him how to use a bow.
    At Heracles's funeral, Philoctetes was the only one who lit the pyre for the dying demigod. As reward for his service, Heracles entrusted the young man with his bow, the same bow that slew the Hydra. As the Trojan War broke out, Philoctetes went to join the Achaeans against the Trojans. But his journey was cut short as he took a snake bite to the ankle. Seeing no use for him, King Odysseus and the other Greeks exiled him. For ten years Philoctetes lived in exile until Odysseus and his men returned for the bow. It was prophesised that the war would edge towards Greek victory with the help of Heracles's bow. Obeying the now-deitified Heracles, Philoctetes rejoined the Greeks and his wound was healed as promised by the god. Soon enough he slew the son of King Priam and skilled archer, Paris. After the war, he parted ways with the Greek armies and settled in what is now Italy.
    From his time in exile, his personality has warped from a loud, hearty soul to a cold and bitter man. Philoctetes is a man of extremes. Should you earn his respect, he will be you most loyal ally and will stand by you, even after your death. However if you earn his wrath, he will hold a lifelong grudge and devote what time he has to destroying you.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; April 23rd, 2016 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Image embeding

Blog Entries
    That's not Herk's boyfriend.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    The only souce of Philoctetes having a relationship with Herk is a footnote in an edition of the Argonautica, IIRC.

Cool sheet anyway. You could give him Affections of the God or something. Maybe a variant that grants a one-time full heal

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    The only souce of Philoctetes having a relationship with Herk is a footnote in an edition of the Argonautica, IIRC.

Cool sheet anyway. You could give him Affections of the God or something. Maybe a variant that grants a one-time full heal
    I picked him because you could expand on his story and relationships the most. That and he is basically a balanced version of Archer!Heracles.

Affections of the God may not work as Herc in the Throne of Heroes and not Olympus. Rewording it to something like 'Favour of the Famed Hero' would work better. I'll get to it after work today.

Caster

True Name : Master Therion. In fact, he insists to be called this.
    (His real name is Edward Alexander Crowley - Aleister Crowley)

Alignment : Chaotic Neutral (Also counts as being Chaotic Evil, see below)

Attributes :

Strength: D (A mountaineer in life, fought off agents of the clocktower, theosophists, church executors)
    Endurance: E (Reflects his failing health near the end of his years. Suffers from Asthma.)
    Agility: D (A mountaineer in life, fought off agents of the clocktower, theosophists, church executors)
    Magic: A
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: A+

Appearance :

A bald, caucasian man who wears flowing long purple and black robes with countless mystic marks and symbols. On his neck hang countless jewelry with sigils and inscriptions - talismans used for magecraft. He is normally seen holding a golden black book and a gnarled wooden cane - both are his noble phantasms. (see below)

Despite his looks as a 'wizard from legend' one cannot help but feel he is wearing gaudy clothes that don't suit him. It's possibly due to him being a relatively modern hero, and it clashes with his mystic vibe.

Also, He resembles a villain from a certain popular young adult novel about a wizard boy.

Personality :

A highly intelligent, eccentric, self-confident fellow who was also overly dramatic, bombastic and arrogant. Like many mages, he could be very petty and cruel. It's a wonder this man could be called a 'magus' whose work must be veiled in mystery. He dislikes authority unless it suits him. Despite his eccentricities, he gets along well with most people - if they can stand his obnoxiousness.

Class Skills :

Item Creation B
    Before even founding Thelema, he was a ceremonial magician; This required the ability to create many spell components in preparation for each rite, if not the acquisition of such reagents. While divinely inspired, he created the grimoire Liber AL ver Legis. (see below)

Territory Creation B
    Allows for the creation of a workshop.

Personal Skills :

Magecraft (Thelema) A
    He studied in various fields of modern magecraft, joined many famous occult mystery societies, and eventually created his own system of 'Magick'. He was hunted down by the Clock Tower and the Church, but was too powerful, popular and connected as a public figure to be silenced during his time. Any magic he casts has the 'Thelema' trait for the purposes of his Noble Phantasm (below).

Familiars (Spirits) B
    He uses various spirits, called by various names and known across several mythologies and systems of magick. Sometimes they are demons, (See Innocent Monster Below) other times they are angels or elementals. He mostly uses them to scout and keep him appraised of his situation. If pushed, he can also use them to cause misfortune or to discreetly manipulate events. His strongest 'familiar' (though it isn't, strictly speaking) is an entity called AIWASS, from which he mostly asks wisdom and guidance. It is considered a 'Holy Guardian Angel' for the purposes of determining its domain of influence.

Charisma C
    Founder of a Cult. Magi are supposed to keep their work hidden, making him the enemy of both the Church and the Clock Tower while he was alive. However, he was too popular, and gathered many powerful friends.

Innocent Monster (False) C
    He was called the 'Wickedest Man Alive' and 'The Beast'. It has been marked 'false' because he accepted these names and even celebrated them in his lifetime. Interestingly, he was popularly accused of being a satanist, but he denied ever being one. This skill allows him to access demonic familiars if he so wished, and he counts as being 'Chaotic Evil' and/or having the 'highest possible amount of evil' for the purposes and intents of skills and noble phantasms that target alignment. Whether he actually will act according to this 'applied alignment' is wholly up to him and/or his master, however.
    That resemblance noted in his physical description above could have contributed to this skill.

Noble Phantasms :

Platonic Ideal of all Blasting Wands
    「 The Blasting Wand

Varies; Anti-Personnel, Anti-Army, Anti-Fortress Rank C

The famed mystic code of Caster's mentor, which was utilized against a bunch of rival magi (Theosophists). The Blasting Wand is essentially what it entails - a gnarled, wooden cane that can be used to fire prana projectiles. Superficially, it isn't a very impressive noble phantasm and, in fact, just seems to be a more powerful version of a common mystic code.

However, the beauty of this Noble Phantasm lies in the efficiency and the flexibility of its prana consumption. It requires much less prana use than a modern magus' equivalent, and can be easily 'tuned' to change the manner of its attack: it allows for several tiny bursts, a single powerful blast, a ray of destruction, so on and so forth. It can switch between these modes in the blink of an eye. Another feature of this blasting wand is that it can channel any kind of prana burst, but it usually depends on the magical orientation/element and skill of the user to generate the needed attribute.

In fact, it is more accurate to call it the 'Ideal Blasting Wand'; It is what all blasting wands should be. His master jokingly calls it the 'Future Gun' of Mystic Codes.

Master Therion usually chants 'ABRAHADABRA' as he prepares it for use, creating a destructive flash of light that can topple all but the largest of enemies. His Master jokingly calls that spell the 'Evada Kedavra'.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"
    「 L I B E R L E G I S

Anti-Era Rank EX

The Holy Book of Thelema, written by Master Therion with the help of a higher entity known only as AIWASS. It is a book bound in black leather, embossed with golden symbols. The pages seem to be gilded, and shine with a spectacular golden light when unfurled. It acts as a focus for Thelemic Magecraft, and is a treasure trove of spells and learning for other Magi.

However, its true ability is that it can be utilized to enforce the mystery of the 'Aeon of Horus'. Rather than being a 'bounded field', it creates a 'bounded time'. It is an enchantment linked to a specific era or an 'aeon', rather than a location.

When the Aeon of Horus is in effect, Thelemic Magecraft is treated as if it were True Magic. During this period, any magecraft that is not true magic weakens by several ranks and can be easily dispelled by Master Therion.

Heroes from the past aeons (The Aeon of the Dying God, and the Aeon of the Earth Mother, in particular) suffer a penalty to their ranks; Those with Divinity, Defender of the Faith, Saint, and similar religion-related skills suffer additional penalties. However, mortals and heroes attributed to the Aeon of Horus gain bonuses to their stats (most modern-day heroes fall under this aeon).

In addition, all mortals still unaware of their True Will are now more likely to awaken to their 'Origin'. Any person awakened to their origin gains massive bonuses in stats when acting in accordance or in pursuit of their origin. However, they will have a hard time acting outside or against their 'natural' compulsions and their 'true' potential, suffering from large stat penalties. Such changes will usually be permanent.
    Last edited by Paorou; February 9th, 2016 at 11:05 PM.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    GO has been so good to us in terms of potential Servants. If Stheno and Euryale count, then I'm saying he does too.
    re: Stheno and Euryale the current situation even in-universe is "nobody knows why they're Servants".

At least for Artemis there's a reason, she jacked Orion's container basically. And Pseudo Servants strongly implied to allow it too, which goes back as far as FSN.

But Stheno and Euryale are literally goddesses that somehow became Servants and there has been no explanation yet.

- - - Updated - - -

It's kind of stupid, actually.
    So this just sounds like you haven't read the stuff you're passing judgment on.

It's clear by now that FGO system =/= Fuyuki or Fuyuki-derived system. Fuyuki Grail summoning is itself an imitation of a much bigger thing. This is not some new retcon either, Nasu mentioned it years ago in passing when talking about Primate Murder, but understandably nobody noticed the significance at the time when there was nothing to connect it to.

Previously the rules you're referring to were regarding Heroic Spirits, not Servants. The malfunctioning Fuyuki Grail already broke the limits wide open on Servants - they were supposed to be limited to proper Heroes before but Fuyuki pulls from all sorts and even random ghosts outside the Throne.

Though yes, it does feel like TM has gradually broadened the criteria for Heroic Spirits over time when people like Li Shuwen and now Mata Hari can become Heroic Spirits.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; February 9th, 2016 at 06:48 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Nasu mentioned it years ago in passing when talking about Primate Murder, but understandably nobody noticed the significance at the time when there was nothing to connect it to.
    Nah, pretty sure everyone just assumed it meant "fate in mah tsukihime 2"
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.