Page 652 of 782 FirstFirst ... 152552602642647650651652653654657662702752 ... LastLast
Results 13,021 to 13,040 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the advice, I'll try harder to do that in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Should I do what I did for my Mercurius sheet and add quotes from his/her legend?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, quite a few servants to talk about here. I'll just do em in one go.

Assassin "King of Endings" - Very interesting NP (which took a moment to understand) and overall theme for the servant, it's clear you've put in a lot of thought here. Although no Avenger, this is clearly one of the lower tier servants. I look forward to some of your other ideas, particularly that Berserker.

Sawney Bean "The Maneater" - There haven't been any real Scottish servants (aside from Scáthach) so this was nice to see. I've noticed a few similarities with Jack the Ripper but he basically was the Scottish equivalent. I like the balanced NP and the 'Guilty Monster' skill.

Vasco Núñez de Balboa - The only Spanish servant we ever see get made is El Cid, so that was nice to see. I like the last two NP's a lot, especially the dog. I do have a few things to say though.

• For the 1st NP, I feel that 'C' is a high rank for only 2 cannons and can't be used for 5 days. Considering Blackbeards famous ship Queen Anne's Revenge was only C++, maybe reduce it to D?
    • For the 2nd NP, i'm not sure of it's purpose and it just seems a bit underwhelming. I think "Skills of a Stowaway" would be better as a unique personal skill instead.

The dog is great. Love him.

For my 10th servant, I just decided to go for my personal hero. May be a bit overpowered for a modern servant, but I'm mostly doing this one for fun. May use him for a fanfic where I replace the F/SN servants with heavy metal icons.

Class
    : Caster
    True Name: Alice Cooper
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Stats

STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: E
    MGI: -
    LCK: A

Class Skills
    Territory Creation: C+
    The ability to create territory advantageous to one as a magus. Caster is capable of creating a “stage,” advantageous to one whose mage craft is tied to musicianship.

Item Creation: D-B
    The ability to create magical items. Tied to the skill “Avatar of Fear,” Caster’s ability to create monsters and torturous weapons increases with the amount of fear he has accumulated. Caster at full power can create serpents, monstrous clowns, psychotic murderers, killer dolls, and many other terrifying spirits.

Personal Skills
    Signifies that one has become one has the ability to emit the feeling of fear. In some cases, Caster has even been called a god of fear, and as such, his ability to manipulate fear is unmatched. This skill is used instead of a magic stat, as Caster is otherwise unable to use magecraft. Caster gains mana and magical power by embuying fear into others; this starts weak, with Caster giving people nightmares, and as his victims fuel the beasts in their dreams, Caster’s own power increases. At B rank, he can cause hallucinations even when others are awake, and can start summoning monsters in the real world. At an A rank, he can see the fears of any Servant or Master, and bring their fear to life as a weapon, and his monsters become more ferocious and powerful. The difference between B and A rank is the difference between a killer clown, and a killer clown that breathes fire. At EX, the line between reality and dreams has been blurred, basically allowing Caster to warp reality. Caster’s fear can only be countered by one with a Bravery stat that is higher than or equal to his current rank in this skill.

Black Widow: B
    The ability to seduce people despite one’s dangerous presence. Similar to Alluring Nightingale, Caster’s voice has an alluring attraction, allowing him to draw in and manipulate people, almost like a weak hypnosis. While most servants can counteract this with a strong enough will, most normal people, including Masters, will be easily manipulated. Even for only a moment, this can allow Caster to see within someone’s mind, allowing him to discover what they fear most.

Noble Phantasm
    Welcome to my Nightmare - Is Someone Watching Me?: A++ Anti-Unit
    A powerful reality marble that represents Caster’s realm of terror. Once Caster has achieved a max ranked Avatar of Fear, he is capable of pulling enemy Servants into this Noble Phantasm. Once there, they are transformed into their most vulnerable state: childhood. In this state, one’s fears always appear a little bigger, a little more threatening. Even something as small as a dog can become a fearsome beast. Stats and skills are ranked down as appropriate to a child’s body, though this can be slightly averted if one was known for being a powerful warrior as a child. While in this world, Caster takes on a new form as his victim’s ultimate fear, named after what all children fear: The Father. The ultimate form of authority and power to a child, this represents a servant’s ultimate failure in life. Despite the name, it can take many shapes; a slain child, a murdered lover, a betrayed friend... In this form Caster is invincible so long as his opponent is afraid of him. If a Servant is capable of conquering their fear, only then can they break free of Caster’s reality marble.

Background
    The existence of this being has been shrouded in mystery since his first appearance. To some, he is a god of horror. To some he is an ancient mad king, brought back to a world of debauchery. To others, he is something older and far more powerful, and eldritch abomination who feeds on the fear of those who are foolish enough to follow him.

And to some, Vincent Damon Furnier was a musician born in 1948. He started the band Alice Cooper in the 1960s, and is known as the father of shock rock, and sometimes, as a professional celebrity golfer.

I love me some Alice Cooper, thought he'd be fun to see as a servant. Not to much to say, mostly wanted to make him for fun.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Hmm, quite a few servants to talk about here. I'll just do em in one go.

Assassin "King of Endings" - Very interesting NP (which took a moment to understand) and overall theme for the servant, it's clear you've put in a lot of thought here. Although no Avenger, this is clearly one of the lower tier servants. I look forward to some of your other ideas, particularly that Berserker.

Sawney Bean "The Maneater" - There haven't been any real Scottish servants (aside from Scáthach) so this was nice to see. I've noticed a few similarities with Jack the Ripper but he basically was the Scottish equivalent. I like the balanced NP and the 'Guilty Monster' skill.

Vasco Núñez de Balboa - The only Spanish servant we ever see get made is El Cid, so that was nice to see. I like the last two NP's a lot, especially the dog. I do have a few things to say though.

• For the 1st NP, I feel that 'C' is a high rank for only 2 cannons and can't be used for 5 days. Considering Blackbeards famous ship Queen Anne's Revenge was only C++, maybe reduce it to D?
    • For the 2nd NP, i'm not sure of it's purpose and it just seems a bit underwhelming. I think "Skills of a Stowaway" would be better as a unique personal skill instead.

The dog is great. Love him.
    Changing the 2nd NP to a skill is a great Idea thank you

マリーの味方
    coming up with names for noble phantasms gives me a headache

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    What is the Noble Phantasm? Or what does it do?

Blog Entries
    I usually just name it something in English then translate it over to a relevant language.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Of is a useful word, I find. Lots of things can be things of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Of is a useful word, I find. Lots of things can be things of things.
    That's because a lot of NPs have の in them, but の doesn't translate into of all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by ZSB1999 View Post
    What is the Noble Phantasm? Or what does it do?
    well i've settled with names now (not really satisfied with them), but they were for a tecumseh sheet (and a sheet for his brother) i'm working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Crying View Post
    I usually just name it something in English then translate it over to a relevant language.
    i generally do this too, but dealing with native american languages makes this about 100% harder. in the end i just settled with english names that incorporated the meanings of the servants' names.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Back to Balboa, I was doing some more research and it turns out that he loved his dog so much that he paid Leoncico a wage just like the soldiers under his command.
    Source
    Last edited by ZSB1999; February 13th, 2016 at 12:33 AM.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Just updated the Balboa sheet. Changed him to Lawful Evil, let me know what you guys think of the Leoncico Noble Phantasm after reading the short story by Sabina Murray that I added.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A particularly silly idea I've had bouncing around my head for a while. Oh well, I don't think it's that much worse then the Alice Cooper sheet I Am The Table put up. Also, this marks the first time I'm actually using rubytext in a sheet, for whatever that's worth. Depending on how I feel, I might follow this up sometime with sheets for Nixon or even Trump.

Servant Caster
    :

True Name: Barack Obama

Alignment: Lawful Good

Strength- E (~A through Noble Phantasm)
    Agility- E (~A through Noble Phantasm)
    Endurance- E (~A through Noble Phantasm)
    Mana- E (~A through Noble Phantasm)
    Luck- C
    NP- EX

Appearance:

Personality: A highly intelligent, ambitious, caring and diligent man. He pays attention to detail which resulted in his nickname 'No Drama Obama' reflecting his careful and faultless presidential campaign. He is open minded and seeks a variety of opinions before making important decisions. Viewed by many as a visionary, he has the ability to inspire people with confidence. While unmistakeably having great pride in his country, he does not look down on those of other countries either. Perhaps his main fault is that he tends to compromise overly much with his rivals, resulting in not being able to live up to all his great promises of change. He also has a rather deadpan sense of humor which he mainly expresses when frustrated.
    (Partially quoted from his page on "SpangledWithStars.Com")

Likes: America, free health-care, daughters Natasha and Malia
    Dislikes: dog-eat-dog mentality, false rumors concerning his birth
    Talent: inspiration (Yes! We! Can!)
    Natural Enemy: Donald Trump

Class Skills:

Territory Creation (A-)- Allows for the creation of a "White House" comparable in size to a Temple, befitting a president of the United States. However, this does not boost Caster's capabilities as a mage, since he has none to begin with.

Item Construction (D)- Can craft "Legislations" and "Declarations" with his authority as a president, but these are not magical artifacts.

Personal Skills:

Charisma (B+)- Ability to inspire others and lead armies. At a B rank, leadership of an entire nation becomes possible. When within the White House, he gains an additional bonus to Charisma (and associated arts such as persuation and rhetoric).

Innocent Monster (A++)- The nature of one who's legend has been falsely distorted by history. In this case, the distortion is personified through his Noble Phantasm-
    False Record Of Spurious Birth
    Obama's Birth Certificate.

Noble Phantasm:

Obama's Birth Certificate- False Record Of Spurious Birth (EX, Anti-Self): A Noble Phantasm serving to crystallize the numerous spurious legends surrounding Caster's birth certificate. Though in truth he is 100% American born, his existence in legend has been twisted into "one without a known birth", similiar but different to a certain zoroastrian god said to have been erased from the record of creation. Because "he has no known birth" he can effectively "take on any birth for himself", becoming an agglomeration of the various conspiracies of his ancestry. He can become "one descended from beasts or demons" to give himself monstrous strength, or "one born from a family of great sorcerors" to grant himself prodigious Magecraft. In truth, there are very few limits on the use of this Noble Phantasm other then Caster's own imagination. As it arose from malevolent rumors against him in life, Caster generally dislikes the use of this Noble Phantasm, instead taking pride in being a true citizen of the American nation.

This is a digression, but a certain
    Donald Trump
    King Of Whoppers
    had a particularly strong role in promoting such conspiracies. If Caster and he are somehow summoned in the same War, a conflict will ensue without doubt.

Blog Entries
    So I followed up my Obama sheet with one of Nixon. Not exactly an "Assassin" but the qualifications for that Class seem to be rather loose anyways (even disregarding irregularities such as Kojiro). If Mata Hari can be an Assassin even though she never actually killed anyone (as far as I know) then so can old tricky dicky. Heck, he even has the same Skill (Espionage) as her!

Servant Assassin
    :

True Name: Richard Nixon

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Alternate Class: Caster

Summoning Catalyst: tapes of the Watergate Scandal

Strength- E
    Agility- D
    Endurance- E
    Mana- D
    Luck- C-
    NP- C

Appearance:

(A bit more of a pretty-boy then he was remembered as...)

Personality: Secretive and awkward, yet strikingly reflective of himself. He is obsessed with ideals of 'toughness' and resilience against adversity, which combined with his unwillingless to trust others can easily lead to his undoing. He gives off somewhat of a scheming personality which is not exactly inaccurate, but there is definitely an admirable character buried beneath all that. He has a strong martyr complex, and believes everyone else to be working against him. A driven and tragically flawed man who strove for greatness. In the end, the fatal blow to his career came not from external enemies, but from his own mistrustful heart.

Dislikes: nosy reporters, scandals
    Talent: covering up information
    Natural Enemy: due process

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment (D)- The ability to conceal one's presence. D rank is suitable for spying as long as no sudden movements are made.

Personal Skills:

Charisma (B-)- Ability to inspire others and lead armies. At B rank, even an entire nation can be united under one's leadership. However, the disgrace Assassin suffered in his later years as President has lead to this Skill being given a - modifier.

Mental Pollution (D)- A twisted mentality which affords protection from mental interference based Magecraft at the cost of making it difficult to properly empathize with others. Assassin's version of this Skill consists in a obsession with a secrecy and fanatical paranoia that his political enemies are out to destroy him, and that he must destroy them first. Alas, it was this trait that lead to the ruin of his career as a politician. Gives a minor degree of protection when dealing with Magecraft that targets the mind.

Espionage (B)- Does not conceal one’s presence like the Class Skill, but rather makes one presence fail to register as hostile. An ideal ability for spies and information gatherers. At this rank, unless outed by his allies, it is difficult to discern any ill will from Assassin.

Noble Phantasm:

Watergate- Scandal Of The Disgraced President (C, Support): A Noble Phantasm crystallizing the infamous scandal that brought ruin to Assassin's political career. So famous is it that the name Watergate has become a synonym for "scandal" or "disgrace" in common parlance. During the Nixon Administration, a variety of clandestine and illegal activities were committed in order to conceal the President's dirty laundry (figuratively speaking), culminating in the burglary of a government office in Watergate hotel.

As a Noble Phantasm, allows Assassin to call forth his aids as shadowy familiars clad in government uniforms. As Servants they have pitifully low stats (E- all across the board) but the equivalent of Presence Concealment (D) and Espionage (B), the same as Assassin himself. Due to this, he mainly uses them for spying and information gathering purposes as he did in life rather then direct attacks where they'd almost assuredly be crushed. They can also plant magical "bugs" on a given target which relay the target's thoughts to Assassin himself, allowing him to track their every thought and action. Ordinary humans will almost certainly be unable to detect these "bugs" which are invisible to the naked eye, while Mages have some chance at uncovering them depending on their affinity and most Servants will be able to detect them easily if paying attention. An ability mainly useful against Masters instead of one's fellow Servants, the original purpose of the Assassin class of Heroic Spirit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Might come up with a Trump sheet sometime in the next while, if I come upon the inspiration.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Watergate- Scandal Of The Disgraced President (C, Support): A Noble Phantasm crystallizing the infamous scandal that brought ruin to Assassin's political career. So famous is it that the name Watergate has become a synonym for "scandal" or "disgrace" in common parlance. During the Nixon Administration, a variety of clandestine and illegal activities were committed in order to conceal the President's dirty laundry (figuratively speaking), culminating in the burglary of a government office in Watergate hotel.

As a Noble Phantasm, allows Assassin to call forth his aids as shadowy familiars clad in government uniforms. As Servants they have pitifully low stats (E- all across the board) but the equivalent of Presence Concealment (D) and Espionage (B), the same as Assassin himself. Due to this, he mainly uses them for spying and information gathering purposes as he did in life rather then direct attacks where they'd almost assuredly be crushed. They can also plant magical "bugs" on a given target which relay the target's thoughts to Assassin himself, allowing him to track their every thought and action. Ordinary humans will almost certainly be unable to detect these "bugs" which are invisible to the naked eye, while Mages have some chance at uncovering them depending on their affinity and most Servants will be able to detect them easily if paying attention. An ability mainly useful against Masters instead of one's fellow Servants, the original purpose of the Assassin class of Heroic Spirit.
    That's... pretty similar to the NP for my Sawney Bean.

Blog Entries
    I... don't really imagine it as that unusual an idea, to be honest with you. I'd bet there's been a fair amount of Servants posted here with NPs along those lines. Also, Watergate is for information gathering in particular while I can't really imagine the Bean Clan being used with that (or any) kind of subtlety, considering they're a bunch of inbred cannibal hicks (basically). The bug planting is also entirely my own idea (well okay, not quite, but it wasn't taken from your sheet anyway).

Out of curiosity, what do you think of the Barack Obama sheet I posted just a bit above? I'm actually surprised I haven't gotten any commentary on it already, if only to the point out how ridiculous his NP is.

Blog Entries
    I now it's not super unique, but with something so similar being posted the very next page after mine...

Anyway, both Obama and Nixon are pretty powerful for such young Heroic Spirits.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I was almost certain that Obama was a parody considering how over-the-top his NP was.

JP Friend Code
    Heh, it's also kind of similar to the NP for my Ivan the Terrible. I guess it is an idea easy to come up with
    Fate/Grand Order Friend code: 941022491/マヅィリアン

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazyrian View Post
    Heh, it's also kind of similar to the NP for my Ivan the Terrible. I guess it is an idea easy to come up with
    Oh! So that was his name! I remember getting the idea for the bug planting aspect from a sheet for a Russian king somewhere in this thread (hence why I specified "not quite" my own idea), but the name slipped my mind so I left it uncredited in my reply to Crying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    I was almost certain that Obama was a parody considering how over-the-top his NP was.
    Well, not so much a "parody" since I wasn't really "parodying" anything in particular but yeah, that sheet was definitely intended as something less then 100% serious.