Page 720 of 782 FirstFirst ... 220620670710715718719720721722725730770 ... LastLast
Results 14,381 to 14,400 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Hadn't heard of Okita having it at rank E. Seems odd since Nero has it at rank C just by being a Saber
    Nero is a Heroic Spirit from the Age of the Gods. It makes sense that she would have higher Magic Resistance than some sickly samurai who was barely exposed to magic in during an era that was barely exposed to magic in a country that was barely practicing magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Jezebel: I actually remember reading that Jezebel sheet when looking back over archived posts here. For a first sheet, I would say it was pretty damn good. Though this one is obviously more refined. You clearly patterned it off GO sheets, which adds some flavor, even if I don't really care for details like 'reduces defense/increase NP gauge/what have you'.

Bolivar: Nice to finally read a Bolivar sheet that isn't wanked to Hell and back (like a certain someone's). I also didn't realize 'he' was supposed to be a girl upon seeing the FC. Gran Columbia is a fairly typical 'army summon' NP, though at least you tried to vary it up by making the charge localized to Bolivar herself rather then her army. And good to find a brother in arms when it comes to genderbending!
    Gran Colombia...

Also, I did nerf Bolivar after a few cross comparisons... I just never cared about nerfing the dude because I had lost interest in making him (I just realized I can't make weak characters to save my life. Even here, whenever I create a character, their power is usually on the same league as all other characters at minimum). Not to mention I used Saber stats, which are supposed to be higher on raw power and lower on everything else (and which gave me less to work with).

If you like genderbending though, brace yourself...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KAIZA View Post

As for your sheet, it's kinda funny; at first the names didn't ring a bell, but then I checked the lore and everything started to make sense. XD In any case, it's an interesting concept, being a Servant with absolutely no battle capabilities, but capable of safely retreating when possible, strong defensive skills, and a nuke option that must be used with care lest it becomes a double-edge sword. It's a nice balance that goes well with the hero in question.
    Though I did bat an eye for a bit at the fact one of his skills 100% shuts off mental interference, and then has another skill that also shuts off mental interference (sure, there's the bonus effect, but I still wondered.)
    Thanks for pointing it out. Pure Soul was a skill I had used on Percival and decided to reuse. I've tweaked it to point out the redundancies and exemplify the extra additions.

As for your Saber variant, seems pretty solid though personally I'd have luck higher (at A or something) to match the idealist before things went bad.

Blog Entries
    Welp, here's my Nimrods.

Loyal!Nimrod
    Class: Archer
    Master:
    True Name: Nimrod, the Mightiest Hunter Before the Lord
    Sex: Male
    Height/Weight: 185cm/79kg
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil (Lawful Good)

Stats
    Strength: C
    Endurance: C
    Agility: A
    Magical Energy: C
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: A++

Skills
    Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance: B+
    Grants protection against magical effects. Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected. Thanks to his Innocent Monster skill, Archer is even more resistant to spells originating from the Abrahamic faith.

Independent Action: A
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from the Master. At the higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. It is both useful and troublesome depending on the disposition of the Servant and the rank of Independent Action. It is possible to take action even without a Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great magical energy consumption, backup from the Master is necessary. Archer’s high rank in this skill is achieved only through the effects of his Innocent Monster skill, his actual rank is E.

Personal Skills:
    Innocent Monster: C
    An attribute possessed by Servants whose history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter. As a consequence, the Servant's abilities and appearance have been rendered to conform to the specifications of their legend. Incidentally, this personal skill cannot be removed. In truth, Nimrod was a devout servant of the Lord, who had nothing to do with the Tower of Babel. However, his legend has been heavily distorted over time, resulting in this distorted version of Nimrod.

Beast Killer: A+
    A skill possessed by those famed for the slaying of monsters and beasts in their legend. It functions as a sort of Instinct that allows the possessor of the skill to know the most effective way to fight and kill the beast they are fighting, though the more human said beast is the less this skill affects them. At this rank creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast will be affected. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Charisma: A-
    The natural talent to lead people. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. Archer can be said to have achieved the greatest level of popularity as a human being, however due to his Innocent Monster skill, people led by him will suffer great misfortunes so long as he is their leader.

Master of Babel: B
    The ability to speak the Unified Language, the “truth” spoken before humans became scattered across the world which directly draws from the records, memories and phenomena recorded in the Swirl of the Root. It is spoken directly through the soul resonating through the Root, allowing it to act as a powerful form of telepathy and hypnotism. All human beings who hear this language must obey the speaker unquestioningly, as a human rejecting the Unified Language would be same as rejecting their own existence. If a target is also connected to the Root, they can somewhat resist the effects. Archer was one of the last speakers of the Unified Language and, while no master, was fairly proficient with it.

Noble Phantasms
    Beruth, the Bow of the City: A+ (Anti-Fortress)
    A bow granted by YHWH to one of his most faithful servants, Nimrod. Archer’s Innocent Monster skill should have either sealed this Noble Phantasm or reduced its effectiveness in Archer’s hands, however being a ‘Mighty Hunter Before the Lord’ is one of the few remaining aspects of Archer’s legend and as such his most treasured of weapons has been untouched.

Beruth is a rather simple bow with few adornments. In fact the bow itself does not truly have any special abilities, it would be more fair to say that the bow’s arrows are what is powerful. Rather than physical arrows which Archer carries with him, Beruth’s arrows are shafts of light formed out of Archer’s prana which he can fire rapidly.

These ‘lights arrows’ were, according to Archer, YHWH’s love for and desire to protect humanity given form. As such, they are empowered by the Counter Force and deal more damage to an enemy of mankind. Against someone who is connected to the Counter Force, such as someone being empowered by it for a mission or a Counter Guardian, the arrows deal C-Rank damage, against a regular human they deal B-Rank damage and against a non-human entity they deal A-Rank damage. It is when they are used against something which is a true threat to mankind, such as All the Evil’s of the World or Primate Murder, that they’re true power is unlocked and A+-Ranked damage is dealt.

Tower of Babel, the Fall of Humanity: EX (Anti-Humanity)
    “Nimrod built the city that the Tower of Babel was created in.” This is one of the few parts of his legend that remain, and has resulted in a distortion (his Innocent Monster skill) stating that Nimrod himself built the Tower of Babel despite the fact that Nimrod himself had nothing to do with it’s construction, and was a humble servant of the Lord who had no delusions of being equal to God.

Archer's Tower of Babel is not the true construct, but rather the meaning of the Tower of Babel story in Abrahamic legend - man’s hubris in comparing himself to God resulted in their downfall. The real Tower of Babel, which summons Divine Spirits down into the World to be slain by humans, as a Noble Phantasm would be held by the one who built it - though their name has been completely lost to the sands of time.
    When used, Tower of Babel enacts the effect of ‘humanity’s downfall’, which starts to weaken all human beings, including Heroic Spirits to a lesser degree, by slowly draining away their Mystery as well as weakening their connection to Alaya. For a normal person, this has no real effect as Mystery has no part in their lives, but against a Magus it essentially means that all their Magecraft gets weaker and weaker until it does literally nothing. Most Servants have too much Mystery for Tower of Babel to actually do anything, but theoretically it could gradually lower their Stats, Skills and Noble Phantasms until they are a simple Wraith with no powers.

The effects of Tower of Babel can only be resisted via an inhuman i.e. the higher one’s rank in Divinity the less this Noble Phantasm will affect them as they are less human.

Rebel!Nimrod
    Class: Archer
    Master:
    True Name: Nimrod, the King of Man
    Sex: Male
    Height/Weight: 185cm/79kg
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

Stats
    Strength: C
    Endurance: B
    Agility: B
    Magical Energy: C
    Luck: A-
    Noble Phantasm: C+++

Skills
    Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance: C++
    Grants protection against magical effects. Archer’s rank in this skill is normally C, but when dealing with Magecraft associated with the divine (such as the Church’s Baptism Sacraments or High-Speed Divine Words) it is treated as if it was A-Rank.

Independent Action: B+
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from the Master. At the higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. It is both useful and troublesome depending on the disposition of the Servant and the rank of Independent Action. It is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for three days without a Master. However, this is the ideal value achieved by maximally conserving mana and avoiding battle and Noble Phantasm usage.

Personal Skills:
    God Slayer: A+
    A skill possessed by those famed for the slaying of gods and spirits in their legend. It functions as a sort of Instinct that allows the possessor of the skill to know the most effective way to fight and kill the god they are fighting, though the more of a human, monster or demonic beast said spirit is the less this skill affects them. At this rank all but the strongest of Divine Spirits, such as Sky Fathers or Earth Mothers, can be slain with ease.

Wisdom of the Haunted Ground: B
    The intellect of the abyss, acquired as a consequence of surpassing humanity, killing gods and being left behind in the outside of the world. With exception of those particular of certain heroes, almost all Skills can be displayed with a proficiency level of D~C-Rank.

Master of Babel: B-
    The ability to speak the Unified Language, the “truth” spoken before humans became scattered across the world which directly draws from the records, memories and phenomena recorded in the Swirl of the Root. It is spoken directly through the soul resonating through the Root, allowing it to act as a powerful form of telepathy and hypnotism. All human beings who hear this language must obey the speaker unquestioningly, as a human rejecting the Unified Language would be same as rejecting their own existence. If a target is also connected to the Root, they can somewhat resist the effects. Archer was one of the last speakers of the Unified Language and, while no master, was fairly proficient with it, however because his actions were the ultimate reason for the loss of the Unified Language, his rank has been somewhat reduced.

Charisma: A+
    The natural talent to command an army. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. At this point it is no longer popularity, but rather a kind of spell (curse) in itself.

Noble Phantasms
    Tower of Babel, the Gods Shall Not Rule Us: A+++ (Anti-Civilization)
    The Tower of Babel was Nimrod’s greatest construct, meant for the purpose of challenging the Divine Spirits rule over the World. It worked, in that it dragged the gods down to the World where they could be slain - but it did nothing to their power, and so humanity was quickly punished for their hubris.

This Noble Phantasm acts somewhat like the Territory Creation skill in that it allows Archer to create an area belonging to him - however it grants him no benefits to be inside of it. What he can do, when in this designated territory, is use his prana to form the Tower of Babel. It will slowly be created, brick-shaped-prana-construct-by-brick-shaped-prana-construct, until completion. In truth, it would only take three days of nonstop work to create it, so long as Archer’s Master provides the necessary magical energy. However, the chances of a perfect situation like that are slim to none.

When fully manifested, Tower of Babel will summon unbound Divine Spirits on Archer’s command - however, as it is no longer the Age of Gods, and many Divine Spirits have regressed in power dramatically, this is no longer as dangerous as it was with the original Tower of Babel. As most of the beings summoned by this Noble Phantasm are weak enough that they could be defeated by a Servant with some effort, and none of them are under Archer’s control, the only thing that warrants the A+++ rating is the fact that Archer can summon as many of them as he wants, as frequently as he wants.

Melqart, the Bow of the Hero: E (Anti-Unit)
    Melqart is the prototype of the “bow used by the greatest of heroes”, which would eventually go on to either be the basis for, or as the Bow of Heracles.

Melqart itself has only ability, which is it’s super durability that allows it to be used as a (poor) melee weapon, or be wielded by someone as strong as Hercules without breaking… All of it’s ‘power’ comes from the sheer skill Archer demonstrates with it, having used it to slay everything from a regular animal to the gods themselves.

Probably not the best sheets I've ever made, but definitely not the worst.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I see you've completed the Nimrod sheet(s) you were talking about. I wonder if the two Nimrods could end up summoned in the same War, like the duel Sabers from the Third War. I'd say Rebel!Nimrod sounds like a more interesting character then Pious!Nimrod, but that's just my love for tragic heroes trying to do impossible feats talking. I could imagine him opposing the tyranny of the gods, wanting to create a world where humans could decide their futures without being bound by the gods. Though in the modern day, his wish would pretty much have already been granted, now that I think about it...

As for the sheets themselves, they're solid. Master Of Babel Skill is just about necessary for any Nimrod sheet, so kudos for that. Regarding Rebel!Nimrod's Tower Of Babel... seems a bit odd that someone who hated the gods and tried to destroy them would have an NP where he summons gods to help him. Though you could easily emphasize the 'blasphemy' aspect of subjugating Divine Spirits to one's command... (and that was the goal of Babel, to bring gods to the level of humanity)

I would say this is one of the more polished Servants you've come out with, at least as far as I can remember. You're improving!

Blog Entries
    A twofer, this time. These aren't two different views on the same person, but rather two different people inspired on the same guy. Not Extra Vlad and Apo Vlad, more like Proto Gil and Gil.

Pre-revision
    Caster Comte de Saint Germain
    King of Quacks

AKA: Master R, Master Rakoczi, Holy Brother, Ascended Master, Master of Ancient Wisdom, Herald of the Age of Aquarius, Marquis de Montferrat, Comte Bellamarre, Chevalier Schoening, Count Weldon, Comte Soltikoff, Graf Tzarogy, Prinz Ragoczy

STR E
    AGI D
    EN E
    MA C (A)
    LU D
    Faceclaim

Except constantly smiling and a lot less serious.

Class Skills:
    Item Construction B
    Manufacturing of Mystic Codes. Claimed in life to have been able to make diamonds from nothing and make dyes with all sorts of extraordinary effects. Left to his own devices, Caster will inevitably squander some of his resources on (admittely very beautiful) baubles and trinkets.

Territory Creation B
    Creation of a territory advantageous to oneself as a magus. In life, Caster was granted access to multiple laboratories by well-meaning, well-funded benefactors.

Personal Skills:
    Theosophy E (A+)
    Combining the Greek words θεός theos, God, and σοφία sophia, wisdom, the literal translation of the word is "God's wisdom".
    However, its true meaning is harder to pin down: perhaps the best way to define it is as a subcurrent in the stream of thought that is Western esotericism. It combines many forms of occult thought.

Many groups nowadays honour him as being a Master of the Arcane. Most magi today would kill to have even half of his famed mystical gifts. His teachings, too, were the basis of many different occult traditions throughout the world, his legacy stretching from European pseudo-religions to the theories of Helena Blavatsky.

But this is all fake. His "teachings" were just babble he thought of at the moment, occasionally sprinkled with philosophy, impressive-sounding lies, and the little magecraft he did actually know. However, because of the widespread belief in his skill, this has supplanted the "ordinary" magecraft he knows with something that is far stronger... that is, if he actually knew how to use it properly.

Socialite B
    A skill given to those who were of very noble birth in life and showed extraordinary talent in navigating courtly life.
    It shows high levels of human understanding, but depending on the era, talent in music and poetry is also expected.
    Caster's casual grace immediately calls to mind the idea of "royalty", and his status as a noble is obvious.

In life, Caster insisted he was the long-thought-dead son of the Prince of Transylvania. Though this was not true, he was nonetheless believed by kings and tolerated amongst their company; a very impressive feat, considering his true origins.

Trickery B
    Proof of being someone who is skilled in sleight of hand, concealing the truth by means of deception.
    Taking pleasure in lying and falsehoods, Caster can deceive almost everyone without relevant skills with a successful Luck check.

Noble Phantasms:

Dawn of Aquarius ~ Revelations of The Great Divine Director ~ Anti-Group C
    A Noble Phantasm Caster did not possess in life, but was attributed to him after his death as part of the development of the discipline Theosophy.

It is the crystallization of his legacy, the peak of the magnificent arcane art of Theosophy. It is something similar to a Reality Marble: like them, it arises from the imposition of the Inner World on the outer. The difference is that the Age of Aquarius is not the Inner World of its creator. Rather, through magecraft, it defines an invisible area where the World is overwritten through the consensus of those who are within it. Through this world, a new age can begin of spiritual unity, love, and brotherhood...

Or so Caster claims. Truthfully, its only function is to grant him access to the "true" Theosophy, instead of the sham he preached.

Background

A mysterious figure, who showed up at the royal French court one day out of the blue. Claiming to be an immortal alchemist, he spent many lavish days composing, inventing, and generally enjoying life in the lap of luxury. He had many strange tales accumulate around him, even during life.

In truth, he was the successor of an completely ordinary family of mages. Born with no extraordinary gift for the arcane nor the personality suited to becoming a proficient mage, he instead found himself with a gift and a passion for a more mundane occupation: that of being a conman. He excelled at pulling the wool over the eyes of others. He was eloquent and charming, with an instinctive understanding of people and their weaknesses.

The biggest con he ever pulled was that of Theosophy, an "art" that succeeded beyond his wildest dreams.

Personality

A bizarre man. He seems to have a broad area of knowledge, being capable of talking to philosophers of philosophy, to generals about war, and able to play and compose with skill equal to that of trained musicians.
    He is not a pathological liar, yet lies with a straight face and often without seeming to have a good reason. He even seems to take joy in finding out how far he can stretch the boundaries of credulity.

Notes:
    This is the original sheet I made for him, before he was mentioned in Strange Fake. You said he was on the list of people who'd left Prelati speechless and/or pwned her, so basically everything about him being a fraud had to go the way of the dodo. Figured it'd be a shame to throw all of this out, though, so I figured I might as well post it.

Post-revision

Caster Comte de Saint Germain
    The Wonderman
    STR E
    AGI D
    EN E
    MA A
    LU E
    Spoiler:
    Faceclaim"]

Class Skills:
    Item Construction B
    Manufacturing of Mystic Codes. Claimed in life to have been able to make diamonds from nothing and make dyes with all sorts of extraordinary effects.

Territory Creation A
    Creation of a territory advantageous to oneself as a magus. In life, Caster was granted access to multiple laboratories by well-meaning, well-funded benefactors.

Personal Skills:
    Theosophy A++
    A mystical art, in which Caster is famously praised as one of the Ascended Masters. In the hands of anyone else, it is merely a slapdash mix of all sorts of different magecraft, even mixing together different Foundations. It incorporates the Qabbalah, western Hermeticism, and numerous other subcurrents in the great river that is European esotericism.

In the hands of Caster, though, the dissonance is somehow pleasing and instead of a heap of different forms it becomes a single, cohesive whole. Instead of a collection of the worst parts, he somehow uses the greatest parts of each separate tradition, wielding them in concert with a deft hand.

Socialite C
    A skill given to those who showed extraordinary talent in navigating courtly life. It shows high levels of human understanding, and depending on the era, talent in music and poetry is also expected.

Caster spent many years among French nobles, and as they learned esotericism from him they taught him many things in return.

High-Speed Incantation A
    The ability to recite spells at high speeds. A combination of Caster's magical aptitude and his magecraft allows him to recite almost any chant instantaneously.

Noble Phantasms:
    Age of Aquarius ~ And So, Time Passed Us By ~ Anti-Unit (Support) A
    The result of three centuries of refinement of the magecraft Caster originally inherited, supported by the theosophy he developed. It is his Magnum Opus.

Simply put, it is the ability of Caster to freely manipulate time. In combat, however, the main purpose for which Caster uses it is what he calls the deferral of consequence.
    For instance, should he be hit by anything, Caster is capable of stretching out the time period between "being hit" and "being wounded", allowing him to shrug off even lethal wounds with seeming ease. The one limit on this ability is that the longer the intervening period lasts, the more mana it costs. Furthermore, once this time limit has been set, it cannot be set again until the moment which was first set has been reached. It is not restricted to effects on him alone, either. If necessary, it even allows him to "store" spells in time until a moment of his choosing, even after they have been cast.

Background

A mysterious figure, who showed up at the royal French court one day out of the blue. Claiming to be an immortal alchemist, he amazed and dazzled everyone there.

Born the successor of an average, declining family of mages, yet somehow a prodigy beyond prodigies. He took the mediocre magecraft that had been left to him and vastly improved upon it. He enjoyed immense popularity among magus and noble alike.

Upon news of his sudden death, all magi knew what had truly transpired: he had reached for the Fifth and had been cut down. His story became a warning, and his research was disseminated among Clock Tower magi, its legacy reaching as far as Japan. This gained him another nickname, in time: the Failed Fifth.

Notes:
    This is after his rework. This way, he actually deserves a spot next to people like Touko, Zelretch, and so on. At first, I had him as a sort of Manaka-like figure, including a connection to the Root, except he'd have obsessed over people. That didn't quite pan out, because I couldn't find anything to give him as an NP.
    So now he's basically a pretender to the Fifth. That last bit about his background is a nod to both Emiya Norikata and Aoko, by the way.

I consciously chose to make his Noble Phantasms very different, but his skills didn't change too much. I ranked Socialite down because it's less crucial here than it is to his counterpart. For Caster A, I see it basically being the cornerstone to his cons - here, it was more or less a hobby of Caster's. In return, his Territory Creation was ranked up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3
    Age of Aquarius ~ And So, Time Passed Us By
    That NP is freaking awesome. Exactly the kind of crazy conceptual bullshit that first got me into Fate (as well as the chance to see mythical figures duke it out, of course). 'Deferral of consequence' reminds me a bit of a Gyges sheet someone made ages ago which had a similar effect, punting the effect any negative action aimed at him several turns into the future. Almost sounds like something out of JJBA (which is most definitely a compliment).

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Isn't St-Germain namedropped in Strange Fake?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Isn't St-Germain namedropped in Strange Fake?
    Spoiler:
    yeah. I think Prelati calls him the hedonistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Thanks for pointing it out. Pure Soul was a skill I had used on Percival and decided to reuse. I've tweaked it to point out the redundancies and exemplify the extra additions.

As for your Saber variant, seems pretty solid though personally I'd have luck higher (at A or something) to match the idealist before things went bad.
    Duly noted; given RoydGolden also pointed that out, I'll raise luck to C, then (just one rank lower than her original stats)

Blog Entries
    I see you've completed the Nimrod sheet(s) you were talking about. I wonder if the two Nimrods could end up summoned in the same War, like the duel Sabers from the Third War. I'd say Rebel!Nimrod sounds like a more interesting character then Pious!Nimrod, but that's just my love for tragic heroes trying to do impossible feats talking. I could imagine him opposing the tyranny of the gods, wanting to create a world where humans could decide their futures without being bound by the gods. Though in the modern day, his wish would pretty much have already been granted, now that I think about it...

As for the sheets themselves, they're solid. Master Of Babel Skill is just about necessary for any Nimrod sheet, so kudos for that. Regarding Rebel!Nimrod's Tower Of Babel... seems a bit odd that someone who hated the gods and tried to destroy them would have an NP where he summons gods to help him. Though you could easily emphasize the 'blasphemy' aspect of subjugating Divine Spirits to one's command... (and that was the goal of Babel, to bring gods to the level of humanity)

I would say this is one of the more polished Servants you've come out with, at least as far as I can remember. You're improving!
    Thanks, I mean it.

But...

Quote Originally Posted by me in the Nimrod sheet View Post
    When fully manifested, Tower of Babel will summon unbound Divine Spirits on Archer’s command - however, as it is no longer the Age of Gods, and many Divine Spirits have regressed in power dramatically, this is no longer as dangerous as it was with the original Tower of Babel. As most of the beings summoned by this Noble Phantasm are weak enough that they could be defeated by a Servant with some effort, and none of them are under Archer’s control, the only thing that warrants the A+++ rating is the fact that Archer can summon as many of them as he wants, as frequently as he wants.
    I bold-ed the important parts.

I guess I could add a line in there about how, because they aren't under his control, they're just as (or even more) likely to attack Archer as they are his enemy, though...
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Nero is a Heroic Spirit from the Age of the Gods.
    She is explicitly NOT an Age of Gods character.

She also has some kind of magical peculiarity, like she has way more mana than a normal person.

- - - Updated - - -

Ignore this if you were talking about someone's fan fiction Nero.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; May 13th, 2016 at 03:33 AM.

Blog Entries
    I was under the impression that the Age of the Gods ended around Arturia's time - i.e. just after the Fall of Rome?

I'm probably very wrong about that, though.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

It ended later on islands, but for most of the world it ended centuries earlier.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crying View Post
    I was under the impression that the Age of the Gods ended around Arturia's time - i.e. just after the Fall of Rome?

I'm probably very wrong about that, though.
    As a whole, the Age of Gods was said to have ended around 500 years after Arturia was born which was around the 5th century - ish. I personally regard BC as AoG and AD as AoM.

-----------------

Now for servants.

Nimrod(s): You have two very different interpretations of the same character which is quite creative of you. Nice job. I can't fault them. I think Loyal has the better Noble Phantasms that deal high damage and weaken mystery like Nobunaga (but a serious character) while Rebel has better skills. Now that I think about it, Nimrod would have it easy taking out higher tier servants like Heracles and maybe Scathach and Gilgamesh on a good day while having more difficulty against more modern servants.

Comte de Saint Germaine:
    I prefer the post-revision personally as he seems far more Nasu~y. Especially the Time Manipulation, it looks similar to the time skip of King Crimson from JJBA but you could say he did hold some variant of the 5th magic or something (but aparently 5th magic is supposed to be new or something, i don't know as I haven't yet read Mahou Tsukai no Yoru)

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpus Hermeticum, abridged
    “O ye people, earth-born folk, ye who have given yourselves to weaknesses, mortality and ignorance of Truth, become drunk upon me now, cease from your surfeit of weakness, cease your irrational sleep and be glamoured by me!”

Class: Berserker
    True Name: Sion Eltnam Atlasia / Hermes Trismegistus
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Place of Origin: Egypt / ???

STR: C AGI: A

END: D MGI: A

LCK: D NP: A++

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement: EX

All stats have been raised, but the Servant’s sanity is lost, or in this case, it was perhaps close to being lost already. For Berserker, this represents an absolute obsession with the delusion that the “Truth” is something she has already achieved, caused by the overload and meltdown of her mind as a result of the sheer information pumped into it by the Heroic Spirit she is host to.

Personal Skills:

Bloodlust: A+

Quote Originally Posted by Hymns of Hermes, Abridged
    For a man is now no longer a single 'Letter' or a' Procession of Fate,' but a true 'Name,' a free Man, a Word of God, a proper Cosmos, ordered in due and lawful harmony by My order into a slaving union for My whim, for I have arrived at and become that Word, or God, or Angel, the Shepherd, and a man is merely the Feeder-He whose body is the Divine nectar, or spiritual food, by which that Word is nourished-I the Great Mind, or Light, or Illuminator, the twin of the Great Soul, or Saving Life, the Inspirer and Preserver.
    The ability to feed off of human flesh and blood, as well as other fluids, as well as the accompanying addiction to said substances. At this rank, the Servant needs enough blood to fill a large bath every week to not lose what coherence is left or degrade her power. Should more than this amount be made available, however, Berserker’s stats may temporarily increase in accordance to how she is fed.

This is a side tangent, but as the consumption is technically of anything human, things such as more primitive ways of transferring mana may be more effective with Berserker.

Hermeticism: A++

Quote Originally Posted by Hymns of Hermes
    For Thou art all, and there is nothing else which Thou art not.
    The ability to utilize “The Three Parts of Wisdom”, Alchemy, Astrology and Theurgy. Due to the Heroic Spirit being given an inferior mortal host, the rank has dropped from EX, and the Wisdom of Alchemy has been changed to adapt to the host’s abilities, pushing her own brand of alchemy to the next level.

As such, in addition to administering her the ability to use two other branches of Magecraft at the highest level, things that were impossible with her alchemy before has become elementary. By using super high-speed Elemental Conversion, it becomes possible to instantly convert physical material without Mystery into another state, a different elemental or additional Etherlite upon contact, and Etherlite can be made to take on the form of almost every material in existence.

Higher Thought (Fake):
    EX

Quote Originally Posted by Corpus Hermeticum, abridged
    But All-Father Mind, being Life and Light, did bring forth Me, co-equal to Himself, with whom He fell in love, as being His own child; for I am beautiful beyond compare, the Image of my Sire. In very truth, God fell in love with His own Form; and on Me did bestow all of His own formations.
    And when he gazed upon what the Creator had created in the Father, I too wished to create; and so assent was given Me by the Father.

Changing his state to the formative sphere, in that I was to have his whole authority, I gazed upon God’s creatures. They fell in love with Me, and gave Me each a share of his own ordering.
    The skill indicating that the Servant, due to esoteric enlightenment, the discovery of ancient wisdom or elevation unto a higher state of existence, has reached a higher level of thought than humanity is capable of on it’s own, that no natural genius can reach… or so it would be. Due to the meltdown of Berserker’s mind from trying to process the higher level of thought that the Heroic Spirit inhabiting her has acquired, this skill has mutated into Berserker believing she has acquired the highest Truth, Godhood even, but this is merely a delusion.

Thought-processing is increased in speed several dozen times over compared to that of a great earthly genius, but the Heroic Spirit inhabiting Berserker thought on a scale far beyond this, and as such this skill serves merely as proof of Berserker’s sham of a comparison.

Noble Phantasm:

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysogonus Polydorus
    And hence the marvelous conjunctions of it and admirable effects, since this is the way by which these marvels may be brought about.
    Hinc erunt adaptationes mirabiles, quarum modus est hic.

And because of this they have called me Hermes Tristmegistus since I have the three parts of the wisdom and philosophy of the whole universe.
    Itaque vocatus sum Hermes Trismegistus, habens tres partes philosophiae totius mundi.

My speech is finished which I have spoken concerning the solar work.
    Completum est quod dixi de operatione Solis.
    Sic mundus creatus est
    Emerald Black Barrel

A++
    Anti-World

The Noble Phantasm of Hermes Trismegistus, warped to fit his host. The Emerald Tablet, a mythical work of his containing the secret to transmuting and manipulating Prima Materia; Aether, quintessence, Chaos, this matter is all of those, the beginning of all life. Using this matter in the most crude of manners, that is, as ammunition, Berserker devotes every part of her brain and body to calculate and internally recite the necessary formulae. As she is not Trismegistus proper, this process does severe damage to her. In return, however, is fired forth a blast of pure quintessential matter in an energy-light form, absorbing everything in it’s path as all things are returned to chaos. From chaos it came, so to chaos it must return, as above so below. This essentially means that there is no stopping the weapon once it is fired, though Berserker can only manage to host the necessary calculations for a few seconds, after which the high-energy state of the quintessence is dismantled, making it fall to the ground as a colorless fluid that soon evaporates.

Ascensions

1: Standard Vampire Sion.
    2: Tie loosened, added garter straps to thigh-highs, Latin tattoos up both arms.
    2: Hat replaced with a black laurel wreath, shirt cut open at the middle all the way up, tattoos become more extensive, also covering what’s exposed of her legs.
    4: Shot of her from above falling naked into a red pool with a blissful smile while clutching her face in the same way Arjuna does

Attack Cards

BBQAA
    Buster: Gut punch followed by gunshot to the face
    Quick: Rapid kicks at shin, stomach then face followed by spinning kick to the side of the head
    Arts: Etherlite that turns into liquid metal blades at the end striking enemy

Brave Attack: Dive kick to the upper body followed by beam gunshot that sends her flying back to her position from recoil.

- - - Updated - - -

Berserker IRUn is, of course, a 5*
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    As a whole, the Age of Gods was said to have ended around 500 years after Arturia was born which was around the 5th century - ish. I personally regard BC as AoG and AD as AoM.
    Wasn't it around the 12th century? The fifth HG in F/GO in Camelot is 1273 AD.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Blog Entries
    Maybe wait until Chapter 6 is actually out before we jump to any wild conclusions about why they changed the name from Jerusalem to Camelot?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Okay, this was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I'm probably going to come back and revise this once I can actually understand The Practice of Magical Evocation and The Key to the True Quabbalah.

*headdesk from exhaustion*

"Knowledge and wisdom must go hand in hand. The adept will therefore endeavour to get on in knowledge as well as in wisdom, for neither of the two must lag behind in development."

In life

Faceclaim

Class: Caster
    Name: Franz Bardon
    Place of Origin: Austrian Silesia (Czechoslovakia)
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Parameters:
    Strength: E
    Agility: E
    Endurance: E
    Magic: A
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: -

Class Skills:
    • Territory Creation (B)
      Creation of a workshop is possible.
    • Item Construction (A)
      Bardon can create medicines of extreme potency, being able to instantly cure ailments up to and including Stage 2 cancer. He is also capable of constructing ritual implements of the highest quality.

Personal Skills:
    • Elemental (A)
      Bardon has command over all five elements as an Average One. While this makes him extremely skilled in Formalcraft, he primarily relies upon evocation and kabbalah as his main system.
    • High Speed Incantation (C)
      Bardon can recite incantations at high speed to accelerate the casting of spells.
    • Medical Techniques (A-)
      A skill that empowers healing and the techniques thereof. Bardon was known in life primarily as a pharmacist, using alchemy to heal even the most stubborn of ailments. The minus penalty comes from the fact that Bardon cannot apply this skill to himself, or Weak Constitution will jump to A+.
    • Weak Constitution (B (A+))
      A sudden status drop has a chance to happen with every action. While not debilitating, it can prove a fatal distraction in combat. Bardon in life was not a healthy man, suffering from both high and low blood pressure, pancreatitis, thyroid problems, obesity and the myriad health problems that come with it, and other non-lethal but inconvenient conditions.

Noble Phantasm:
    Spoiler:
    Parakaya Pravesha: Soul Transference (Anti-Unit, -)
    Technically, this isn't a Noble Phantasm, but more an explanation for the powers that Bardon wielded in life, as well as to the legion of illnesses that pursued him to his death. The prevailing theory as to how Bardon became such a notable magus in such a short amount of time was that it wasn't actually Franz Bardon who became the legend that he was. At age 14, Franz's father Viktor noticed a massive change in his son's demeanor and performance in school; eventually, he came to the conclusion that an outside entity possessing immense occult ability had "swapped places" with his son. This "new" Franz Bardon grew up to become one of the defining figures of modern magic. Franz Bardon the Servant also possesses this ability; whenever he is killed, his consciousness is retained for at most a day after the destruction of his Servant body. Bardon can enter into the body of a willing human and possess it (becoming a Pseudo-Servant in the process); however, this comes at the price of said person's Origin awakening, with Bardon having to carry the burden of whatever that entails. Bardon can do this as many times as he wishes, making him nearly impossible to kill as he can move himself into a new body almost without limit.

Lore:
    Spoiler:
    A man barely qualifying for the title of Heroic Spirit, having been born after the curtain fell on the age of legendary heroes. Many are confused as to how he ascended to the Throne, as despite being possibly the greatest magical prodigy of the twentieth century, he was only that, an alchemical doctor, and a stage performer.

Born in Austrian Silesia, Bardon was surrounded by magic since the beginning of his life, his father Viktor being a mystic of an offshoot Christian tradition. Upon reaching adulthood, he became a well-known healer in his city, being able to remove even the strongest of ailments. In his later years, he worked both as a street performer and a teacher of Thaumaturgy, before leaving behind his greatest legacy: three books containing a simple and effective method of Magecraft, but one that is quickly losing power from the depletion of its mystery.

Unfortunately, Bardon lived in troubled times. During World War II, he was captured and placed in an internment camp by the Nazis, who wished to use is abilities for their own gain. The end of his life was also one of imprisonment; in 1958, he was imprisoned by the Czechoslovakian government for possession of illegal medicines, where he mysteriously died of pancreatitis.

What is not known to the general public is Bardon's rocky relationship with the Mage's Association. Like many other prominent occult figures of that time, he was seen as a radical and a troublemaker by orthodox magi; indeed, near the end of his life, he had a Sealing Designation placed on him that ultimately was never officially enforced due to his untimely death.

Personality:
    Bardon is a man with an almost unshakeable state of joy and peace. He appears to be attuned to the current of the world, being able to anticipate its ebbs and flows. However, he also has a very strong understanding of the nature of karma and seems to be able to discern an individual's "baggage" from past incarnations at a glance; as such, he may choose to let somebody suffer if it is for the sake of clearing negative karma.

His wish to the Grail would be to recover all of his possessions seized by the Czechoslovakian government after his death, so that he may finish the task of publishing his books.

Miscellaneous:
    Dislikes: nothing in particular
    Talents: alchemy, putting on a good show.
    Natural Enemy: bacon
    Catalysts: One copy of each of his books brought together (IIH, PME, KTQ).
    Last edited by Constructman; May 13th, 2016 at 06:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    Servant Lancer:

True Name: Culhwch

Alignment
    : Lawful Good

Strength- C
    Agility- B
    Endurance- B
    Mana- D
    Luck- A
    NP- B

Appearance
    :

Personality: A kind-hearted, honorable young man. He is truly chivalrous, unswaying in his devotion to his love Olwen. Having no regrets in his life, he will only answer the Grail's call if the situation appeals to his knightly sensibilities. After all, a knight would never reject the plea of a fair maiden in distress.

He shows a truly ridiculous amount of determination. When the giant king Ysbaddaden demanded he fulfull a great number of impossible tasks such as slaying monsters, recovering treasures and freeing prisoners, he accepted them all without question or complaint. When it comes to love, he will not back down no matter what. Of course, his credentials as a butler or wedding planner are indubitable.

This kindness goes hand-in-hand with surprising ruthlesness to his enemies. While accepting any hardships aimed at himself, he will cut down mercilessly those who stand in the way of his love. Rather then a 'necessary evil' it is something he simply does not recognize as wrong to begin with.

"They got in the way of our love, so I killed them."

Careless words like that will fall out of his mouth easily.

Dislikes: giants, setbacks in love
    Talent: all the skills needed to arrange a wedding
    Natural Enemy: Ysbaddaden

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance (C)- Cancel spells with an incantation below two verses. Cannot cope with the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals. Born after the Age Of Gods and not known for battling sorcery, Lancer has only a low rank in this Skill.

Personal Skills:

Charisma (D+)- Ability to inspire others and lead armies. Lancer is a knight, not a ruler. He can effectively lead no more then a war-band of around six individuals. Rather then leadership of an entire army or nation, his is the ability to inspire devotion in a small group of loyal comrades.

Riding (C)- Ability to ride animals. At this rank, most mounts can be ridden at a reasonable degree of skill. Culhwch was experienced in riding horses, having set off to King Arthur's court on horseback.

Lover's Pursuit (B)- One whose heroic feats were inspired by love. In this case, it manifests as chivalric devotion to Olwen, daughter of the giant king Ysbaddaden. When acting in the name of love, all physical parameters receive a + modifier. Lancer is also immune to any form of mental interference (i.e seduction) that could distract from the target of his affections.

Noble Phantasms:

Tuagh Culhwch
    - Blood From Air (B, Anti-World): Battleaxe that Cuhlwch bore when he set off on horseback to Arthur's court. A majestic axe crafted of the most exquisite
    silver and ebony, measuring a forearm's length from ridge to edge. The blade of which is said to be so sharp as to 'wound the wind' and draw blood from the very air. This is no mere poetic exaggeration. In truth, the axe is not simply a cutting tool but a Conceptual Weapon representing 'supremacy over nature'. By slashing it through the air and leaving a blood-red tear in its wake, it has the power to weaken the natural world itself. In other words, it partially severs the surrounding area from the universal Reality Marble imposed by Gaea.
    Within this artificial zone, any beings drawing their power from the World- such as Elementals, Counter Guardians or a certain
    Arcueid
    True Ancestor
    - will find themselves deprived of their Gaea-granted power. Abilities such as [Ultimate One] or [Marble Phantasm] will show lowered effectiveness or cease to function altogether. On the contrary, any beings existing contrary to Gaean Law- such as Servants- will be able to manifest themselves effortlessly, without fear of being crushed by the World. Magecraft can be cast heedless of any Mana expenditure.

Each tear will cut off Gaea's influence within a certain radius. Said radius depends both on the depth of the tear and the number of other tears located nearby. If left alone the World will 'correct' the tears in its fabric, closing them over. A superficial cut will dissipate after merely several hours, whereas deeper gouges may take reality several weeks to fully recover from.

Since it is an ability that 'kills the World' it goes without saying that an honorable knight such as Lancer is loathe to use this Noble Phantasm carelessly. Even without invoking its name it is a very sharp, light and durable axe that can cleave through armor and bone just as easily as flesh.

Companions Of A Knight- A Knight Is Never Alone (C+, Support): When Lancer set out on his famous journey to find and marry Olwen, he did not do so alone. He travelled to Camelot to be granted an audience with his cousin Arthur Pendragon, hoping to secure his help in winning Olwen's fair hand. Hearing of 'his' cousin's plight, Arthur sent six of his finest knights to aid Cuhlwch on the long and dangerous expedition. Each of whom had a unique supernatural or otherwise extraordinary talent.

These are- Kay, who can hold his breath underwater for nine days and nine nights; Bedivere, whose lance can wound as well as nine others; Gawain, Cuhlwch's nephew, empowered by sunlight; Kynddelig the Guide, who can find his way in unknown lands as well as in his own; Gywhr, who knows all languages; and finally Menw, a powerful sorceror who can shapeshift and turn his allies invisible. Even though that voyage is long finished and the knights long since separated, their chivalric bond still holds, undiminished by time and distance. By invoking the name of a given knight, Lancer can call upon one of their abilities. Effects are listed as below.

Kay- Can breath underwater as easily as in air. Also gains Independant Action at rank B, letting him stay in existence for up to two days without Mana supply. Due to this, it is easiest of the six to sustain Mana-wise.

Bedivere- Wounds inflicted by Lancer will cut deeper and be harder to heal from. Also gains Protection From Arrows at rank C. This represents how Bedivere was the first to notice and intercept the poisoned spears hurled at Lancer by the giant king Ysbaddaden.

Gawain- Gains a Rank-Up to all parameters and Magic Resistance in direct sunlight.

Kynddelig- Gains instinctual knowledge of his surrounding area for a distance up to four miles. He will never get lost, and will always be able to best utilize the terrain to his advantage.

Gywhr- Grants automatic understanding of any language read or spoken. Can speak fluently in any such language as if he were learned in it from birth. Also lets him 'read' an opponent's body-language to a limited degree, granting him predictive ability similar to Eye Of The Mind at a low rank.

Menw- Blessing of invisibility. When active Lancer will be shrouded in magic that renders him utterly invisible to mundane eyes. Unlike the Presence Concealment of Assassins, only his 'form' is concealed, not his aura. Those skilled in such things will still be able to discern Lancer by his distinct spiritual presence.

Each of these will continually sap Lancer's Mana while active, to a degree depending on the ability in question. Only one blessing can be held at once, with the latest overwriting the previous. This Noble Phantasm's true threat consists not in the individual blessings themselves but in how Lancer is able to swap between them expertly, choosing the one to best suit his current situation and opponent.

There is one last blessing which Lancer may call forth. Not from the knights who fought alongside him on his quest, but the King of them all. Arthur Pendragon.

King of Knights. Once and Future King. Cuhlwch's first cousin.

Upon invoking that immortal name, his axe overflows with divine light, released in the form of a great blast that gouges the landscape. Though powerful, this is nothing more then the scantest fraction of his cousin's divinely granted power. This is reflected in its ranking; Anti-Unit instead of the true Excalibur's Anti-Fortress.

Even at greatly reduced power, the Mana cost of this blessing is enormous compared to the others. Using it is sure to take almost all of Lancer's magical energy, rendering him nearly dead and in need of immediate aid from his Master. He's likely to need at least five days to recuperate afterwards, during which he is effectively taken out of the War. Obviously only to be used as a last resort.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anybody even heard of this guy? He's a tad on the obscure side, so I might put in a link to his lore if people are confused on who he is. Got the idea to do a sheet for him when I was looking up mythological weapons and found an obscure mention of a 'battleaxe of Cuhlwch' that could 'wound the wind and draw blood from the very air'. Needless to say, I was intrigued, and upon doing a little more research on the guy I decided he was Heroic Spirit material. For the axe, I didn't want to go with obvious 'bloody razor wind' take, so I reached a bit.

Apparently the axe's 'drawing blood from the wind' was meant as a symbol of human ability to conquer nature. From there, 'Conceptual Weapon that weakens the hold of Gaea on an area' isn't much of a stretch, at least in the Nasuverse anyway. Might be overpowered, especially considering the relatively minor role it played in his legend. Axe was also described as 'falling faster then a drop of dew off a reed in June' or something to that effect, but I wasn't sure how to work it into the NP so I just left it out.

I also have to thank ZSB1999 for the idea, which he originally suggested to me for a 'Gaul united can defy even the World' NP. Congrats, buddy! This marks the second time I've passed up on one of your ideas only to end up using it much later for a different Heroic Spirit. What can I say, they're just too good to waste!

Of course, it was also clearly inspired by the scene of Shiki 'killing the Earth' to cut off Arcueid's planetary backup in Tsukihime.