Page 747 of 782 FirstFirst ... 247647697737742745746747748749752757 ... LastLast
Results 14,921 to 14,940 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Peter Pan: Neverland seems overpowered because:
    • Minimal setup time (it's a Single-Action Spell)
    • no prana cost (can he maintain it indefinitely?)
    • Peter gets reality warping powers inside of it

So what's to stop him from just spam it every time he meets an enemy Servant? And if they don't have anything that can damage the Reality Marble, the enemy Servant is almost guaranteed to lose (since it operates on the strength of Peter's convictions -- stubborn convictions -- rather than on magical energy or the combined will of an army). Granted, my first version of Kalki had a similar ability, with a longer setup time but even more powerful, so I might not be one to talk...

The Shadow is a fitting NP for an assassin. Though if it can interact with the physical world (kidnapping), why can't it, say, strangle somebody to death?

I'm looking directly at the source (J. M. Barrie) and I'm not seeing where this evil interpretation of Peter Pan is coming from. Is it just your own spin on it (like what I did with Valentinius)?

Odette/Odile: I thought it was Odile's father von Rothbart who was the sorcerer? Or did the two characters get mashed into one here? Really loving the idea of attacking like a figure skater. Her Noble Phantasm and Shapeshift skill seems similar to one of my own profiles (Yáahl), who was also Assassin/Caster, but Odile is by far the stronger Caster.

Phobos: I agree with Royd: Phobia as it is is almost uncounterable. Maybe tone down the ranking and make the prana cost huge and cast time longer to balance it? And the abiltiy to instantly generate Reality Marbles probably should go. Instead, maybe illusions? My Hassan profile has his Zabaniya as being able to cause the target to hallucinate through voice and eye contact; perhaps something like that?

EDOT: when you put it that way, it seems more reasonable. Though the Reality Marble I still think is too much. Can he only create a literal representation of the target's fear? He wouldn't be able to make a giant spider, but only regular spiders? And could his projections, for lack of a better words, do physical damage?
    Last edited by Constructman; June 1st, 2016 at 11:00 PM.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Also I want to make his stats lower to show the whole ideology that our fears have only as much power over us as we let them. If the target is affected by their fears and simply can combat them, they will perish. However, should they be able bear their fears, they will come to realize that the "embodiment of fear" is not all that powerful by himself.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    Though the Reality Marble I still think is too much. Can he only create a literal representation of the target's fear? He wouldn't be able to make a giant spider, but only regular spiders? And could his projections, for lack of a better words, do physical damage?
    They do about as much damage as regular spiders do. He would not be able to make Harry Potter huge spiders only be able to summon existing spiders. The whole worms eating you alive from the inside would obviously deal a lot of damage and hamper your ability to fight, but it wouldn't be an instant death and you would still be able to kill assassin. The most deadly fears to someone would be fears such as being afraid of a certain specific person, which of course would make the Noble Phantasm cost a crazy amount of mana because assassin would need to change himself to fit someone else perfectly.

I'll change the reality marble bit to a bounded field he could create but it would take time and be difficult to do while in combat. Or do you think I should change the whole ability to a reality marble/ Bounded Field?

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    I have both weakened and better explained Phobia, is that any better? Is it still worthy of EX ranking? Is it still scary? *Ba-dum tsk* Get it, cause it's "phobia" and those are what people's fears are! (I'll leave now)
    Last edited by ZSB1999; June 1st, 2016 at 11:37 PM.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post

If no canon description for the Skill has been listed, then it makes sense to use whatever's on hand, even if it's wrong...
    Think about this post one more time

(I think I know what you appear to be getting at... but that's not what it says)
    Last edited by mewarmo990; June 2nd, 2016 at 01:04 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZSB1999 View Post
    I have both weakened and better explained Phobia, is that any better? Is it still worthy of EX ranking? Is it still scary? *Ba-dum tsk* Get it, cause it's "phobia" and those are what people's fears are! (I'll leave now)
    It looks good to me, but now I'm not sure about EX. You might have gone too far the other way... I dunno...

Would the strength of what Phobos transforms into scale with the intensity of the fear?

EDIT: I know what now. Add psychosomatic damage to his illusion-based fears. My problem with the RM was more that it was an RM in the first place, not that it could potentially damage the opponent. Instead, they take damage because they think they are taking damage. No big overt wounds though...?
    Last edited by Constructman; June 2nd, 2016 at 01:12 AM.

Here us a servant I thought would be interesting, I wanted to add another American servant to the roster, and came up with this one.

Class: Caster
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Sex: Female

Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: D (B)
    Mana: C (A)
    Luck: C (A)
    Noble Phantasm: A

Class Skills

Items Construction (Does not Possess): While this skill is necessary for many of the Caster class, Caster was not a real Magus in life and did no real creation. it was lost in favor for her personal skills.

Territory Creation (C): Creation of a workshop may be possible.

Personal Skills

Silver Tongue (C~A ): A skill given to those who were able to sweet-talk and deceive in real life.

Innocent Bystander (C~A): Makes it difficult to identify her as a Servant. It also Increases the rank of her Silver Tongue by two stages. If the enemy ever learns her True Name, Silver Tongue is ranked down two stages and the effect of this skill is lost on that enemy.

Witchcraft (False) (A): In life, Caster was not a true magus. She did however play around with some Maleficiumout arts. This skill gives her the benefits of the true Witchcraft skill, which includes obtaining status and discerning the future. Because she is an amateur however, she did not learn how to fully protect herself from any negative side affects and often feels rebound affects from her dabbling. These rebounds could be curses or some kind of affliction to the body. The more she uses it and the more powerful the output, the worst the rebound to either herself or her Master.

Appearance

She appears to be a girl of the age of twelve with brown hair. Her overall appearance is that of puritan attire with a Gothic Lolita look, as well as proper tights and long knee high boots with silver buckles.

Noble Phantasms
    Tituba (C~B) (The First Victim): A servant like being that takes the form of a witch like woman with dark skin who gives off the presence of a Servant. Her overall function is to make the enemies believe she is the true Caster, something helped with the fact that she looks more like a servant then the real one. The dummy servant has minor fighting capabilities, but is incapable of beating another servant in direct combat. It’s primarily a dummy Caster that the real Caster can manipulate and use to cast her own attacks. She can even be killed off to fool other servants into thinking they successfully killed the servant Caster, while the real servant hides away and plots from the shadows. She could be revived, but it would take a lot of Mana to do so, so it is ideal to make the dummy servant vanish when cornered. She is a representation of the very first person Abigail Williams accused during the Salem Witch Trials, a slave of the Paris family that was accused of performing witchcraft. Most of the skills attributed to Caster also attribute to her, only instead of having Innocent Bystander, she possesses Innocent Monster (C) because of her status as a scapegoat, which portrayed her in a more malicious image then she was in real life.

Victim’s Deposition (B~A) (Evidence from the Accuser): A curse that Caster can inflict on anyone or anything in order to make them into a target for forced attacks. Caster uses a stamp which can be fired and imprints its target with a curse that draws in the attacks of an enemy. Near by enemies will be drawn to the attack the stamped individual. A servant with high enough Magic Resistance or a skill that can block out Mental Affliction can resist the curse. Usually the skill’s rank would have to be B or higher in order to affectively resist. Servants with no such skill could resist if they have an overwhelming personality, but the temptation to attack the target would be nearly as tempting as a command seal. The ideal situation to use this Noble Phantasm would be when a Berserker is near by since Berserker class servants have nearly no reason and no will of their own. Golems can also be affected so long as they are not being controlled directly. It also has no affect on any Servant of the Ruler Class. The Noble Phantasm represents the accusations Abigail Williams made during the trials. There have been may documented testimonies about the accused victims, and this Noble Phantasm takes all of the fear anxiety those testimonies create and put them in this curse, making the stamped individual into a scapegoat to release those feelings. This Noble Phantasm Ranks up when within the Salem Court House.

Court of Oyer and Terminer (A) (Courthouse that hears and determines): A Reality Marble which takes the form of a large court room like landscape. It is the image in reminiscent of the court room where the Salem Witch Trials took place. The floor is wood, there are wooden poles coming from the ground, and a deep mist covers the area. Near the front, there is a large Judge's Bench where loud thunderous booms seem to come from. The mist appears to come from the witness bench next to the Judge's bench. The Reality Marble promotes Caster’s Mana, Luck, and Agility by two ranks. In addition, her other Noble Phantasms are promoted by one. In this Reality Marble, deception is not allowed from anyone accept the user. The Reality Marble affects the psychologically tiring events of the courthouse that condemned hundreds. It is however purely a psychological attack in addition to the temporary parameter buff. Anyone trapped within the marble are forced to hear testimonies of their sins, both real and exaggerated. They are forced to remember the worst events f their lives and can eventually go mad from the psychological attack. However, this affect only really works on those with true regret in their lives. People and Servants who lived fulfilling lives will not be as affected, and while annoyed by the intrusion would shrug it off. It also takes up a lot of mana and will often be used as an absolute last resort.

Abilities
    Because she was not a real Caster in life, her parameters and abilities are really low compared to the average Caster. She is however a cunning girl with a manipulator’s nature. As s heroic spirit, she is not meant for combat and she knows it. Instead, she chooses to manipulate events behind the scenes. In all, her abilities would better be used as support rather then attack. In addition to her overall weakness, most of her Noble Phantasms' abilities can be blocked with high enough Magic Resistance and Mental Resistance. She has no real way to attack and relies on others to do the actual attacking, especially her pseudo-servant Tituba. She would not be very affective in a normal Holy Grail War, but would probably shine in a Great Holy Grail War with other servants supporting her as she supports them.

Lore
    Abigail Williams was a young girl living in Salem Massachusetts in the 1690s with her uncle, Samuel Paris, and cousin, Elizabeth “Betty” Paris. She was a girl who was at least partially curious about mysticism and dabbled with other local girls of the Salem Massachusetts colony. She and her Betty would go on to experience strange seizure like fits. What brought about these fits were the subjects of many rumors. The adults of Salem believed it to be a form of demonic curse brought upon by the girls messing with mysticism. Historians have theorized the cause of these fits for ages, many believing it may have been ergot poisoning from contaminated rye that brought on epileptic fits, and others believing the girls were simply faking it to get attention.

Being the highly religious community it was, any form of messing with the occult was taboo. She would accuse the Paris family slave Tituba of witchcraft to cover up her own actions. This accusation would snowball down hill and cause a series of events that would later be known as the Salem Witch trials. She would testify and assist in the accusation of multiple people. Abigail who lived in a society were girls had not power and no voice of their own was at first delighted to be put in a position where everyone finally paid attention to her. When the executions began however, she finally realized the seriousness of her situation. What she had done was bad, but she realized the adults were even worst, purposefully accusing people, especially the wealthier residence in fits of envy or to covet land. Unfortunately she was unable to back out at that point.

In the end, over 200 were accused, and of those, 24 people died. It is unknown what happened to Abigail after the trials, but is believed she died young. Due to her role in the trials, it is also very likely she became and outcast in her community.

Abigail Williams qualifies for only the Caster Class. She is not a proper Heroic Spirit similar to Gilles de Rais. In life she was not a proper Magus, though among the Magi community, there have been rumors she was born with Magic circuits and that she could have been a powerful Magi had her upbringing been different. If fact, many attribute her fits to her activating her Magic Circuits inappropriately and damaging her body. This is however one of many speculation among a secretive community.
    Last edited by Dozer095; June 2nd, 2016 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Mistake with spoiler

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Peter Pan: Neverland seems overpowered because:
    • Minimal setup time (it's a Single-Action Spell)
    • no prana cost (can he maintain it indefinitely?)
    • Peter gets reality warping powers inside of it

So what's to stop him from just spam it every time he meets an enemy Servant? And if they don't have anything that can damage the Reality Marble, the enemy Servant is almost guaranteed to lose (since it operates on the strength of Peter's convictions -- stubborn convictions -- rather than on magical energy or the combined will of an army). Granted, my first version of Kalki had a similar ability, with a longer setup time but even more powerful, so I might not be one to talk...

The Shadow is a fitting NP for an assassin. Though if it can interact with the physical world (kidnapping), why can't it, say, strangle somebody to death?

I'm looking directly at the source (J. M. Barrie) and I'm not seeing where this evil interpretation of Peter Pan is coming from. Is it just your own spin on it (like what I did with Valentinius)?
    I've nerfed Neverland to give it a long charge time beforehand though I was considering making it EX rank in the first place, this can stop spammage.

The Shadow never directly attacks anyone in the book so I thought I would follow that.

As for the personality, his decidedly less heroic traits are there, they're just downplayed and not focused on.

Blog Entries
    Assassin Agravain
    Traitor to the Round Table
    Alternate classes: Saber
    Faceclaim

But without the throne in the background. The armour is what he wears in combat, when spying he wears casual clothes.

STR B
    EN B
    AGI B
    MA C
    LU C
    NP C

Class skills:
    Presence Concealment D
    A skill to hide one's presence as a Servant.
    At this rank, it is merely suitable for spying and not much more.

Personal skills:
    Subversive Activities A
    The talent to reduce the enemy forces in the preliminary stage, that is to say before battle, due to expert use of traps or subtler forms of warfare.
    However, the higher the ranking of this skill, the less one is seen as a hero.
    At this rank, it is possible to reduce the fighting strength of the enemy by nearly 60%.

Agravain spent years undermining the administration of Camelot, as well as the relationships between Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. His final act was exposing the affair between Lancelot and Arthur's wife, which could be said to be the direct cause of the Battle of Camlann, where Arthur met his end.

Protection of the Sorceress C
    A blessing from a user of potent magecraft. Manifests as a curse from Morgan le Fay that attempts to lower the parameters of the opponent one rank.
    However, it takes around a day or so before Saber is able to activate the curse again, while its effects only last for a few moments.

This skill also functions as a Magic Resistance of rank C, enough to reject spells with chants below three verses.

Noble Phantasms:
    Arondight Morgan ~ The Eternal Pollution of the Muddied Lake ~ Anti-Group C
    A Noble Phantasm gifted to Agravain by Morgan le Fay, who made it as an imitation of the holy sword of the Knight of the Lake as an experiment.
    Like its "brother", Arondight, it is unbreakable, no matter the attack it takes.

However, whereas Arondight functions by boosting Lancelot's parameters, Arondight Morgan constantly spreads a miasma around the user. This miasma can be said to resemble a cloud of invisible, poisonous gas, centered around the sword. Everyone in the afflicted area feels their Strength fade and takes poison damage. If they are in the miasma long enough, even their reason will start to disappear.

Background

Second son of King Lot of Orkney, brother to Gaheris, Gareth, and Gawain, who became his fellow Knights of the Round Table.
    While quiet and stoic, his tongue and sword lacked bite nor skill when they were used. Had a reputation for returning uninjured.

In truth, a homunculus assassin made by Morgan, sent to accompany Mordred on his mission to usurp the throne.
    His brothers, having their memories tampered with and not knowing his true objective, welcomed him with open arms at Camelot.
    Due to his sharp wit, he became the secretary to the King, gaining insight into the running of the Kingdom that was unpredecented among his fellow Knights.
    Over the years, he waged a subtle form of war: he sabotaged relations Arthur tried to establish, estranged the King from his knights, and ever so slowly made the cracks already appearing in the Kingdom bigger.

When Lancelot's affair was revealed to him, he saw his chance to destabilize the country for good.
    At the next gathering of the Knights, he accused Guinevere and Lancelot in front of everyone; enraged, the Knight of the Lake slew him, Gareth and Gaheris in a brutal battle, before making his escape.

Notes:
    I had to work in my own spin on the legend here. Since GoA revealed he was an assassin sent by Morgan, I had to come up with a reason his brothers weren't in on the plot. I'm still not very satisfied by the "actually a homunculus planted into the memories of his so-called brothers", but nothing else I came up with worked.

In any case, his core character concept was to be a sort of mirror to Lancelot, in the same way Mordred is sort of a mirror of Arturia (except without the futanari or the incest). This is very obvious in Arondight Morgan, but also in his Protection of the Sorceress skill. He is quite inferior to Lancelot in swordsmanship, though, and most other Knights of the Round Table could probably kick his ass.

I kinda wonder if he'll show up in Camelot. Doubt it, though.
    Last edited by NMR-3; June 2nd, 2016 at 07:16 AM. Reason: forgot parameters, whoops

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm really fond of this Agravain. The homonculous thing works in my opinion. I think you could afford to maybe increase some of the parameters like agility, luck or mana perhaps? I know he's an assassin but all members of the round table are all supposed to be top tier A rank servants.

Ok, I've been sitting on the idea for a while have I just have to make a sheet for Gareth or Gaheris now.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; June 2nd, 2016 at 07:21 AM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Rider:

True Name: Icarus

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Alternate Class: Archer

Strength- D
    Agility- A+
    Endurance- E
    Mana- C
    Luck- D
    NP- B+

Appearance:

Personality: Reckless and carefree. Rider comes across as a girl who doesn't care about the future or risks and merely settles for wholeheartedly enjoying the now. She is very childish, and will hardly ever listen to others advice. She loves to fly and will do so at every occasion, heedless to the secrecy of the War. If told that jeopardizing the War's masquerade could very well result in the deaths of innocents, Rider will reluctantly rein in her avian urges, though not without complaint. Despite its tragic end, she doesn't hold regrets for her mortal life. After all, the fame from that lead to her becoming a Heroic Spirit and have all kinds of interesting adventures! Though she does miss her father Daedalus greatly. Her wish on the Grail is to meet up with Daedalus one last time to apologize for the grief she caused him and for not heeding his advice.

Dislikes: being held down, caution, King Minos
    Talent: hubristic fall from grace
    Natural Enemy: her own impulsiveness

Class Skills:

Riding (A)- Normally represents the ability to ride various mounts. In the case of Rider, it instead denotes her aptitude for flight. Due to her Noble Phantasm, she can fly at great speeds, execute complex acrobatic manuevers and even beat out a jet-plane in short bursts.

Magic Resistance (C)- Cancels spells with an incantation below two verses. Cannot cope with the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals. Though born from the Age Of Gods, Rider has a low rank due to rarely encountering magic in life.

Personal Skills:

Evaporation Of Sanity (B)- Carelessly chatters about own team's weaknesses and True Names, forgetful of important things, etc. A kind of extreme curse. This skill also serves as "Instinct." During battle one is able to, to some extent, feel the optimal course of action. Rider is quite possibly the most famous instance of a reckless, thoughtless youth in the West's cultural history.

Rosy Cheeked Adonis (C)- Boyish good looks that hold the power to charm unwary individuals. A fascination magic-like effect that works on both men and women, but one can abate it so long there is a will to resist. Complete evasion by means of Magic Resistance Skill is possible. While not an important part of her legend, Rider is almost universally depicted in artworks as an attractive, charming youth.

Noble Phantasms:

Icarean Wings
    - Miracle Of Flight (B+, Support): Rider's waxen wings, crafted for her by her father, the great inventor Daedalus. An advanced Mystic Code that Daedalus engineered which allows the bearer to become light as air and defy gravity effortlessly, fueling itself by taking in ambient Mana from the air. These wings are attached to Rider's forearms by straps, and can effectively be considered part of her body for the degree of finesse she displays with them. She can fly through the skies as easily as any bird and perform all kinds of aerodynamic manueverings. The waxen feathers can even be dislodged and used as projectiles, flying as fast as bullets and individually as sharp as daggers.

By channeling her own Mana into the wings, Rider can increase their output to the point of beating out a jet-plane in short bursts. Though too much risks overloading them, requiring a 'cool-off' time before they can be used safely. Of course, given Rider's reckless personality, this is a risk she invites with abandon...

Ptósi Íkaros- Flying Too Close To The Sun (A+, Anti-Unit): A Noble Phantasm sublimating Rider's most famous moment- her death. After being given the wings by her father Daedalus, she was instructed not to fly too close to the sea- lest she get caught in any high waves, or the sun- lest the heat melt their waxen feathers. Of course, Rider disregarded any such advice upon first tasting flight. Overwhelmed by euphoria, she decided to fly as high as possible to salute the sun. As warned, its heat caused her newfound wings to set ablaze and Rider fell to her death in an area of ocean which became known as the Icarean Sea.

Upon invoking its name, a truly excessive amount of magical energy is channelled into Rider's wings, 'overclocking' them. Unable to handle the Mana, her wings begin to discharge it in the form of flames which spread from wingtip to wingtip. These flames are incapable of physically harming Rider despite proximity to her arms. Rider then executes a perilous dive from the air, spiralling downwards while enveloped in flames, appearing like a 'firey comet' streaking across the sky.

This is Ptósi Íkaros's sole offensive use, a meteoric divebomb equal to an 'A' rank physical attack. Upon hitting the ground, an incredible amount of heat is dissipated into Rider's surroundings, supercharging the air and likely leaving the ground as a scalding crater.

While this Noble Phantasm is active, Rider is not merely considered 'Heroic Spirit Icarus' but an embodiment of the very idea of a 'fall brought by hubris', tapping in to all the legends of such across cultures and mythologies to deal tremendous damage. Though Rider herself was an uneventful girl without any great feats, her spectacular death assured her a place in the Throne Of Heroes. The image of 'beautiful Icarus's fall from the skies' is one that enraptured poets and artists for centuries, symbolizing the tragedy of youthful impulsiveness and dangers of overweening ambition.

Making a Luck check upon impacting the ground, there is a small chance that Rider may survive through dissipating the excess heat in time before it consumes her. Though, given her low Luck, the probability of this is rather meager. Even if she does, her wings will be completely burnt out and require at least a week before Rider can use them again safely.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another genderbend! Noooooooooo!! What kind of monster have I become?!?

Ahem. Melodramatics aside, this was another sheet I've had in mind for ages and only got around to writing up now. Riding as flight capability was something I got the idea of from a King Ghidorah sheet somebody posted up in Modern Servants several months~a year ago. Genderbend was a last-minute addition, since I couldn't find any fitting male faceclaims (except maybe Pit from Kid Icarus but I didn't want to go down that route), plus I decided I liked her better as a cute girl rather then a shota.

As always, be sure to drop by with comments and criticisms!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    SF
    Icarus is one of the people who was killed by the Watcher, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    Heck are you talking about? I'm not up to date on Strange Fake, so I have barely any idea what a 'Watcher' is. Did Icarus actually show up there? As a Heroic Spirit?
    Last edited by RoydGolden; June 2nd, 2016 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Spoilering just to be safe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Spoiler:
    Heck are you talking about? I'm not up to date on Strange Fake, so I have barely any idea what a 'Watcher' is. Did Icarus actually show up there? As a Heroic Spirit?
    SF
    Icarus doesn't show up. Watcher is something that was summoned by the Master who was trying to summon True Lancer, and claims that the Master is actually True Lancer. They can take the form of people who "overstepped their bounds". Some people speculate that it's somehow related to Gaea.

Blog Entries
    Assassin Medus
    Usurper King of Colchis

Class: Assassin
    Place of Origin: Greece
    Alignment: Neutral Evil

faceclaim (I got lazy)

Couldn't find a genderbent Medea, so i went with this. He really resembles his mother. Imagine a more manly outfit below the shoulders.

Parameters:
    Strength: C
    Endurance: D
    Agility: C
    Magic: B
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: C

Skills
    Class Skills:
    • Presence Concealment D
      The capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. This rank of the skill is suitable for spying.

Personal Skills:
    • Instinct B
      It is only effective for the sake of carrying out surprise attacks and escapes. For the former, Medus can instantly judge whether the situation is right to carry out a surprise attack. For the latter, Medus will be drawn to the safest path out of any predicament he finds himself in.
    • High-Speed Divine Words N/A (Conditionally C)
      A Thaumaturgical Theory and language from the Age of the Gods. Allows for the activation of Magecraft without Magic Circuits. This skill is normally sealed due to Medus not starting off with access to spells of any sort. The moment he steals his first spell from a magus using King Breaker, this skill is unlocked, allowing him to make use of his stolen abilities at a rate far superior to modern magi.
    • Rosy-Cheeked Adonis C
      The disposition as a pretty boy who charms people. A fascination magic-like effect that works on both men and women, but one can abate it so long there is a will to resist. Complete evasion by means of Magic Resistance Skill is possible. This skill partially explains how Medus was able to so easily get into the good graces of King Aegeas.

Equipment:
    • A cloak similar to his mother's, but more masculine. Comes with a crown if he wants to make his persona of King of Colchis public.

Noble Phantasm:
    Spoiler:
    King Breaker: All rulers must be usurped (Anti-Authority, C)
    The sword originally meant for ritual sacrifice that Medus used to kill Perses, thereby allowing for his usurpation of the throne of Colchis. It is a sublimation of the concept of "usurpation", allowing the user to kill a target and assume all of their rights and responsibilities. If there is an individual in a position of authority that Medus covets, he can use this sword to steal said authority and apply it to himself. If he usurps a societal authority, a charm effect similar to Charisma A+ will be applied to him, making surrounding people more willing to acknowledge him as the rightful holder of the title. If what he steals is "authority" over a certain skill, technique, power, or item, he will instantly gain mastery over the ability, while the target will have it either sealed away or stolen. Anything can be stolen with this Noble Phantasm. Even if what he steals is something physically impossible for him to achieve, his body will forcibly modify itself in order for the usurpation of the ability.

The conditions for this Noble Phantasm to work are: the target must hold some sort of authority over a group or concept that Medus himself does not possess, Medus must know exactly what it is he wishes to usurp, the target must not be able to physically see Medus at the moment of "betrayal", and he can only usurp one item, skill, or concept per stab of the sword.

The most common application of this Noble Phantasm would be to steal Command Spells from enemy Masters, giving him command over their Servants. He can also steal or duplicate their Thaumaturgical abilities, up to and including their entire Magic Crest. If he is successful in this strategy, he could quickly become a spellcaster rivaling the Caster Servant, despite having no formal training in Magecraft. While he could potentially steal the skills and Noble Phantasms of other Servants, he does not feel that it is worth the risk.

Lore:
    Spoiler:
    Assassin's true identity is Medus, son of Medea. His father is disputed; some claim it to be Aegeas, King of Athens, while others claim it to be Jason, Captain of the Argo. Whatever the case, he had gotten himself in the good graces of Aegeas and was set to become the next king of Athens before Aegeas's first son Theseus returned to the city-state. Driven into exile after a failed attempt on Theseus's life, he found himself travelling to his mother's homeland of Colchis. There, he was imprisoned by the current king Perses, but his mother rescued him by impersonating a priest, under the false pretenses of sacrificing him to the gods to lift a plague that was currently ravaging Colchis. Using this opportunity to assassinate Perses, he became the new King of Colchis. In honor of his mother, he would name the surrounding lands he conquered Media.

Personality:
    Spoiler:
    At first glance, Medus seems to be your standard scheming serpent of a Servant. His ambition knows no bounds and he is constantly vying to increase his power. This is only partially true. Some of his actions are taking not out of overt greed and lust, but from a childish sense of entitlement and an inability to tolerate betrayal of any sort. Case in point, his bewildered rage at the arrival of Theseus, who -- from Medus's point of view -- stole everything that he had been promised. Care must be taken to discern whether he is acting out of true malice, or out of childish naiveté.

Medus adores his mother almost to a ridiculous degree, patterning his manner of dress after her and even naming his conquered territory after her. He will turn violent the moment he feels her honor has been sullied, even if the offending party has a legitimate complaint against her. In fact, it would be best for his Master to avoid the subject of the Witch of Betrayal altogether, if not for the sake of their own safety, than for their own sanity. If Medea is summoned in the same Grail War as him, he will immediately ally himself with her, listening to her every word if she is summoned as her older self, and taking care of her like an overprotective brother if summoned as her Lily version.

Just in case clarification is needed, these feelings are completely platonic and are of a idol-worshiping variety.

His wish for the Grail would be to undo Theseus's rule of Athens and record himself in history as the king of both Colchis and Athens. An encounter with his mother would likely change his wish to "go back in time and kill Jason myself".

Miscellaneous:
    Dislikes: people who break their promises to him
    Talents: stealing other people's talents and gifts
    Natural Enemy: Theseus
    Last edited by Constructman; June 3rd, 2016 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Added a wish for the Grail

I like what you did for Medus. Keeping up the NP theme with Medea is pretty cool

Also, about the NP. So let's say he uses this on Gilgamesh. Would he be able to steal his entire Gate of Babylon with one slash or have to slash him multiple times to get some of the items within the gate? Also, for Iskander, can he steal his entire army away or just one at a time?

Also, completley unrelated, how would he react to Soichiro?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    faceclaim (I got lazy)

Couldn't find a genderbent Medea, so i went with this. He really resembles his mother. Imagine a more manly outfit below the shoulders.

bottom left
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozer095 View Post
    I like what you did for Medus. Keeping up the NP theme with Medea is pretty cool

Also, about the NP. So let's say he uses this on Gilgamesh. Would he be able to steal his entire Gate of Babylon with one slash or have to slash him multiple times to get some of the items within the gate? Also, for Iskander, can he steal his entire army away or just one at a time?

Also, completley unrelated, how would he react to Soichiro?
    That is... something I did not consider.

Gate of Babylon: As it stands right now, he could, but only if he understood the true nature of those Noble Phantasms. If all he sees is "oh, that guy can shoot swords", then no. If he is able to understand it is "hyperspace vault containing treasures as deep as the wealth of human knowledge", then yes.

Ionoi Hetairoi: he would probably be able to attempt to gain command of the army if he got close enough to stab Iskander. He probably wouldn't be able to steal the entire Reality Marble though, given that it belongs to the whole army, not solely to Iskander. So that would be somewhat useless.

It probably needs further balancing.

As for Soichiro: he;d probably take a while to warm up, but once he realizes his mom his happy, he'll be happy too. He'll just keep a careful eye on him, in case he tries anything funny (something that's probably not going to happen, given it's Soichiro).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post

bottom left
    Thanks, but... Not sure if it fits his character...

Blog Entries
    Well then I guess you didn't really want a male Medea as a faceclaim after all.