Page 779 of 782 FirstFirst ... 279679729769774777778779780781 ... LastLast
Results 15,561 to 15,580 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    I was planning on doing Gareth, I didn't know they're released material on her (is the genderswap canon?)
    Yup, she's part of the backstory to the latest Camelot chapter. Though not present in the arc itself as far as I know, unfortunately.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Yup, she's part of the backstory to the latest Camelot chapter. Though not present in the arc itself as far as I know, unfortunately.
    I have work to do

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If there are female Knights of the Round Table why did Saber make such a big deal of hiding her gender?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

Because they weren't the king.

Blog Entries
    Because Gareth was cute and she wasn't

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    If there are female Knights of the Round Table why did Saber make such a big deal of hiding her gender?
    She didn't make a big deal of hiding her gender though.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    She didn't make a big deal of hiding her gender though.
    She had Gawain act as her impersonator, and most of the knights didn't know she was female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Servant: Shielder
    True Name: Sir Gareth 'Beaumains'
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Place of Origin: Camelot (Orkney)

Strength- B
    Endurance- B
    Agility- B
    Mana- C
    Luck- D
    NP- A

Height/Weight: 169cm/59kg
    Dislikes: Needless Drama
    Talent: Putting up with abuse
    Natural Enemy: Rin Tohsaka, Luvia Edelfelt

Class Skills:
    • Magic Resistance (B) - Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.
    • Riding (B) - Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills:

• Bravery (B) - The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination.
    • Guardian Knight (B) - The Servant is well known for defending people, places, or causes. Whenever they are protecting something with a connection to their legend, they gain a notable boost to their defensive abilities.
    • Persuasion (A) - The talent to persuade others diplomatically and deceive through lies. A talented diplomat, she can quickly turn enemies into allies and neutralise aggression.

Noble Phantasm

Knight of Solstice Armour of Dawn and Dusk (Anti-Unit)(Self) (A) - Throughout the journey to the Castle Perilous, Gareth overthrew the green knight of the Morning Star, red knight of the Noonday Sun, indigo knight of the Evening Star, and finally the most terrible black knight of Death. Upon defeating them, they swore loyalty to her and gave Gareth their power. Each knight represented a time of day and his armour's colour changes upon the hour to reflect the knight's she defeated. The effect of the armour changes when the time of day changes.
    • Green Light of the Morning Star - From 5am to 12am, her armour turns a pale green colour with a pale aura as her Agility parameter gain's a rank up and a '+' modifier while increasing her speed dramatically - giving her running speeds to match that of the mounts of the Rider class and making her among the fastest of servants.
    • Light of the Crimson Noon Sun - From 12am to 2pm her armour turns to a dark red as her Strength and Endurance gain a rank up and gains the Prana Burst (Flames) skill, imbuing her sword with a fiery attribute. This is her physically strongest form.
    • Setting Light of the Indigo Day - From 2pm to 9pm, her armour changes colour yet again as all class and personal skills gain a rank up.
    • Darkest Night - A bulky black armour with a tattered red scarf - inviting imagery of a dying world. From 9pm to 5am she gains the Absorption skill, draining mana from his enemies with every blow his weapon comes into contact with them either of offense or defence. Due to the nature of the Grail War, this would likely be the armour worn most often.

Lore

Sir Gareth was the youngest of the Lot siblings and was left behind in Orkney when they travelled south to join King Arthur’s Court. Years later however, Gareth followed them in disguise. The king placed her under the tutelage of Sir Kay who made fun of her, putting her to work in the kitchens. She was constantly teased and given the nickname 'Beaumains' meaning Soft Hands - because the young princess had never done a day’s work in her life.

Gareth was approached by lady Lynette to save her sister Lyonesse in Castle Perilous from the Red Knight of the Red Lands. He is accompanied by the dwarf Melot, who knows her true identity. Lynette assumes Gareth as a mere kitchen boy and constantly mocks and insults her on the base of classism and masculinity - not knowing she is in fact a princess. Throughout the journey to the Castle Perilous, She overthrows the green knight of the Morning Star, red knight of the Noonday Sun and the indigo knight of the Evening Star.

Lynette eventually saw Gareth's acceptance of abuse was rather knightly of her. Arriving at the castle where Lyonesse was held, she fought against the most terrible black knight of Death. After a day of combat, the black knight was defeated but told Gareth it was only because a lady he loved made him swear an oath to kill Lancelot and this act was only to gather his attention. Holding Lancelot in high regard, she spared the black knight so he could go to Lancelot and apologise. Gareth ended up marrying Lyonesse when her brother married Lynette. Go figure.

She is an admirable figure of strong character; refusing to take part in the revenge killing of Lamorak, preventing her siblings Gawain and Agravain from killing their brother Gaheris after beheading their mother and was in fact the only reason he lived at all. She also attempted to stop Agravain and Mordred from revealing the affair of Guinevere and Lancelot. She was killed alongside her brother Gaheris by a maddened Lancelot while she was guarding Guinevere. Lancelot was distraught by the death of Gareth with the two having a parent-child like relationship.

She loves her family, even Agravain. She has forgiven Lancelot for his role in her death "I have forgiven far worse acts from worse people." Gareth would work best with a female master to which she could serve, however the disposition of two particular jewel magi would bring back certain memories and she would revert to being a doormat. This is her greatest and possibly failing, she has no backbone and can easily be dominated by assertive women.

-------------------------------

As reluctant as I am to genderbend here, it's canon so may as well. Going through Arthurian Lore, Gareth only really appears in Malory's tales where she fought the multi coloured knights and I had just done a team summon so I took the 'pledging their power' thing into a different direction, this compensates for otherwise average abilities and allows her to contend with the rest of the knights thus far.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; August 2nd, 2016 at 05:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Cutting it close with that Gareth sheet there, Hermes. Any later and GO probably would've come out with the official version of her!

Wasn't expecting her as a Shielder, but it's not bad seeing one of those. Goes hand in hand with the Guardian Knight Skill and emphasis on defense I suppose. Her NP is quite cool and creative. I like the idea of gaining different powers depending on the time of day. Sort of like a much more versatile NP version of Gawain's Numeral Of The Saint (which fits, since she's his sister and all).

Her personality sounds well fleshed-out. 'Can easily be dominated by assertive women', hmm hmm so she'd be the perfect Servant for Medea then? I can imagine the latter would have a lot of fun dressing poor Gareth up in revealing/embarrassing outfits and generally letting loose with her cosplay otaku tendencies. I think I may be letting my Yuri fantasies get away with me here...

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    It is, as always, inconsistent. Former goddesses Medusa and Brynhildr both have, IIRC, E rank Divinity.
    Medusa's Rank was probably reduced by her turning into a monster. I can't say much for Brynhild, though, not having read "Fragments" yet; maybe it reflects a change in temperament regarding the gods, much like Gilgamesh's Rank?

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    IIRC her backstory had her being stripped of her divinity by Odin (I think) so HS Bryn is pretty much entirely mortal.

Blog Entries
    I have returned! For now, at least.

And I bring you the King of Killers!

Class: Berserker
    Alternate Classes: Assassin, Avenger and Lancer
    True Name: Qayin, the First Murderer
    Master:
    Sex:
    Male
    Height/Weight: 196cm/81kg

Appearance

Personality... sort of
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Dislikes: Fate, anonymity, himself, his family
    Talents: Lying, murder, agriculture
    Natural Enemy: Hevel

Stats
    Strength: A (A++)
    Endurance: A (A+)
    Agility: B
    Magic: A
    Luck: E-
    Noble Phantasm: A++

Skills
    Class Skill:
    Mad Enhancements:
    D
    Raises basic parameters in exchange for hindering mental capacities. In some cases, also seals away Personal Skills. At this rank Strength and Endurance parameters are Rank-Up. Language ability is simple. Continuing complex thoughts over long periods of time is difficult.

Personal Skill:
    Battle Continuation:
    A+
    The strength of vitality for predicaments. Also, the ability to withdraw from combat and reach allied territory alive after being defeated. Berserker can fight even with a decisively fatal wounds and can remain alive so long as he does not receive an injury which would instantly kill him.

High-Speed Regeneration:
    A
    An innate ability to heal at incredible rates. Makes it possible to recover from deadly wounds within minutes, though some injuries simply cannot be healed.

Natural Body: EX
    The possession of a perfect body as a living being from birth. The owner of this Skill is treated as if their Strength is always Rank-Up. Berserker is the child of two of the first humans. His body’s degradation from the original human template is infinitesimally small.

Nature of a Rebellious Spirit:
    A+
    The temperament to never remain at one location and never embrace a lord. A wandering star that does not have the capacity to be king nor is capable of finding his own king. Negates the effects of Charisma with the same rank.

Noble Phantasms
    רוֹצֵחַ, the Mark of Cain: EX (Anti-Self, Anti-Unit)
    This Noble Phantasm’s physical form is the tattoo covering nearly all of Berserker’s body - the titular Mark of Cain.

As punishment for the killing of his sibling, Berserker was too wonder the world and ruminate upon his actions. So that someone would not kill him, and end his punishment early, YHWH marked Berserker so that nobody would kill him - and any who tried would be punished sevenfold.

רוֹצֵחַ does not stop Berserker from being killed, he is just as mortal as any other Servant*, but rather it causes any damage inflicted upon him to also be inflicted upon the assailant sevenfold. For example, if Berserker is hit by an E-Rank attack. The foe who hit him with said attack takes the amount of damage they would get from a D++-Rank attack.

רוֹצֵחַ does have a weakness that can be exploited by sufficiently clever enemies - if the opponent did not directly/technically harm Berserker, then רוֹצֵחַwill not activate. For example, if Berserker was to be poisoned than the perpetrator would not have any of the damage done by the poison inflicted upon them.

Mot, the First Murder Weapon: E~A++(Anti-???)
    The weapon Berserker used to strike down his sibling, Mot is an extremely powerful conceptual weapon of Murder. As the weapon used to commit the first murder, Mot is the best Noble Phantasm for killing others, surpassed only by some very strong Divine Phantasms.

What type of weapon Berserker used to kill his sibling is unknown, as Mot can currently take on any form he wishes and Berserker himself either no longer remembers or does not care to reveal this information.

Mot’s ability is not just changing to suit its owner's needs, however. If Berserker has Mot take on the structure of another weapon he has seen before, Mot will also take on any traits or abilities that the weapon had - the only limit to this is that Mot cannot replicate weapons of non-human origin, such as those made by Divine Spirits or crafted from materials not present on Earth.

Fortunately for his enemies, Berserker cannot make full use of Mot while in the Berserker class. While he does retain enough sanity to use it’s abilities, his madness almost completely dulls his tactical sense and he usually just transforms it into a generic large blade.

The only thing that remains consistent about Mot is that it always appears to be made of a smooth, dark material that does not correspond to anything on Earth.

*Well, technically. He does A(+) ranked Endurance, along with A+ Battle Continuation and A-ranked High-Speed Regeneration, so he is pretty close to immortal.

Welp, there's my great return. A Servant that I'm sure has been done 100 times before.

Fun Fact: I originally had Mot classified as Anti-Life, but decided that was stupid and changed it.
    Another Fun Fact: I started this a fair while ago, but never actually finished it.
    Yes Another Fun Fact: For those who don't know, the image I used for his appearance is SCP-076-2, aka Abel. Yes, I used Abel as a face claim for Cain.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

JP Friend Code
    I'm sorry for being a SMT fanboy but this is the best Abel and Cain.

Spoiler:

- - - Updated - - -

Your version seems to be not as "strong" as the other recent version but hey, different takes so new stuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Servant: Shielder
    True Name: Sir Gareth 'Beaumains'
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Place of Origin: Camelot (Orkney)
    Didn't Gareth also had a Magic Ring? According to Wikipedia it was a magic ring that made him to not lose blood. But another site I found it was a ring that made him change colors, what would be a good mention on her NP since it mentions the Color-Knights.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuro View Post
    Didn't Gareth also had a Magic Ring? According to Wikipedia it was a magic ring that made him to not lose blood. But another site I found it was a ring that made him change colors, what would be a good mention on her NP since it mentions the Color-Knights.
    True, Gareth had a magic ring that prevented blood loss during tournaments, but Berserker!Lancelot has a magic ring too and it just gave him Magic Resistance at rank D. Overall it seemed a little odd to force it in so I left it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Also it's nice to see you back Crying!

SERVANT BERSERKER
    Faceclaim

Alternate Classes:
    Saber, Rider

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

STR: B
    END: B
    AGI: C
    MAG: E
    LUCK: E
    NP: B

Catalyst:
    A fragment of his decapitated skull

Dislikes: York, rebellions, humiliation

Talents: Riding, "sparring" with his "friends"

Natural Enemy: The House of York, especially Edward IV

​Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement (B+): Raises basic parameters in exchange of hindering mental capacities. In some cases, also seals away Personal Skills. In his tumultuous childhood, Berserker has achieved a ferocious, almost inhuman desire to kill his enemies in the most brutal way possible.

As a Rider
    Riding (B): The ability to ride animals and vehicles. Creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beasts and Divine Beasts can be used as mounts. However this does not apply to Magical Creatures. As soon as he entered his teenage years, Berserker has rode on fierce and half-tamed horses without any apparent difficulty, another indication of his infatuation of war.

Personal Skills:

Eternal Arms Mastership (C+):Prevents degradation of fighting skills when under the effect of mental hindrance. Once he came of age, Berserker, according to a contemporary chronicler, gave himself fully on martial exercises such as how to wield a weapon, and how to kill a man.

Sadistic Constitution (B): A term used for people who derive pleasure from the suffering of others. Berserker, in his short life, has garnered a reputation of a cruel individual who according to his contemporaries enjoyed attacking his companions with weapons when they least expected it, as well as being reputedly vicious to his wife whom he married shortly before his death.

Noble Phantasm
    · Tewkesbury: Cutting off Heads and Making War (Anti-Unit)(B): A phantasm that represents Berserker’s final disastrous confrontation against his foes. It manifests first with hail of arrows, shot with the same power from that of an English Longbow, raining down the target, before Berserker would recklessly charge out of nowhere on the unsuspecting opponent, whom he would attack with unnerving degrees of savagery. Due to his natural impulsiveness, there is a chance that Berserker would charge in while the hail of arrows are still raining down, which could lead to him sustaining damage. This detriment can only be prevented if the Master, having preserved enough Command Seals, successfully restrains Berserker until the damage of the arrows have been fully dealt.

Lore
    Edward of Westminster, the Prince of Wales was born in savage times that would only encourage a savage persona. Sired by the domineering Margaret of Anjou and either her husband King Henry VI or the Duke of Somerset according to some rumors, he came into a court plagued by discontent and rebellion. By the time of his birth, his father, the King was seized by a yearlong mental breakdown brought about by disasters in France while his mother and her cronies enjoyed the privileges of the English Nobility at the expense of the common folk. Before long, the sons of the rebellious Duke of York had defeated the King’s loyalists and seized the throne, sending the royal family to exile.

It was in this environment that Edward spent his adolescence. Even before he was exiled, his mother gave him the responsibility to execute two treacherous knights in the aftermath of a rare victory over the Yorkists. When in exile, he would grow up into a belligerent and ferocious youth, fully engrossed in the art of war to the point of attacking and wounding his companions and talking of nothing but the desire to see the heads of his enemies rotting in the end of a spear. All of this was fueled by an undying hatred towards Edward IV, the man who overthrew his father and sat on the throne on his place.

Ultimately it was this hatred that led to his downfall. In the Battle of Tewkesbury in 1471, Edward sacrificed his strong position by charging recklessly towards the Yorkist host. The carnage that would follow would be the downfall of the Lancastrian dynasty, with Edward himself among the casualties sustained. Accounts of his death vary, some say he was caught by the men of his erstwhile ally the Duke of Clarence, who summarily beheaded him as he pled for his life. Others however state that far from begging for mercy, Edward spitefully and defiantly refused to vow fealty to Edward IV, causing the King’s enraged retainers to murder him on the spot. Still others state that he simply died as he lived, fighting among his army in the bloody field of Tewkesbury.

Upon entering the Grail War, Berserker’s vengeful wish was brutally clear,: He wanted to see a change in history in which he emerged totally victorious at Tewkesbury, with the heads of Edward IV and his cronies rotting in a pike.

Well, here is my second War of the Roses servant. Please feedback if necessary.

Last edited by Ramseph Boltstar; August 7th, 2016 at 07:07 AM.

Alright let me do some feedback real quickly.

Gareth-I like the defensive emphasis. Fitting for the shielder class. Her Noble Phantasm seems interesting, though most servant battles take place at night, so she will probably be relying quite heavily on the black armor. (That isn't a criticism or anything, it's merely an observation.) This is a pretty cool sheet. Do you know if the official version out yet? I wonder how the two compare.
    Qayin/Cain: I like the different take. It's not as outright powerful, but the changes are interesting and well designed. That said, why is one of his class choices lancer? Beyond that, not too much else to say.
    Edward: Never heard of this guy before, but the sheet seems cool. Balanced stats, unique noble phantasm. Face claim isn't showing up for me, but that might be an issue on my side and not yours.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Gareth info
    She doesn't have an official sheet per-say but appears in the background of Grand Order chapter 6 "Camelot/Zero" as its been called. It was revealed she was a girl. McJon has done a translation if you want to look it up as its kinda spoilery.

Blog Entries
    Was never quite happy for my description of Baba Yaga and when browsing online I finally found an appropriate FC (Anna from Granblue Fantasy, if you're wondering) for her so... check it out if you'd like, I guess?

I also made some other adjustments to the wording in places, but that's stuff probably only a perfectionist like me would even notice.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A random search lead me to a hero who, with a bit of tweaking, could be a dragon rider. So I have done so.

Rider
    Raymondin Lusignan

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MAG: D
    LUCK: D
    NP: A+

Class Skills

Riding (A+): The ability to ride mounts. Signature skill of the Rider class. A Riding skill of this rank allows the ability to ride almost anything, even creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast. Normally, this does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind, however Rider possesses the ability to ride them due to his Dragon Rider skill.

Magic Resistance (B++): Grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. This rank can cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.

Personal Skills

Dragon Rider (A+): A skill separate from the Riding skill that allows the user to ride dragons. Provides benefits identical to those of Riding.

Draconic Alliance (EX): A skill that allows the user to control and command dragons as soldiers and allies in battle. It is said that House Lusignan had, in the past, the power to call dragons to aid them in battle, due to the blessings of their founder, Lady Melusine. As Melusine’s husband and dearest ally, Rider possesses the highest rank in this skill.

Protection of the Fairies (A-): A blessing from Elementals; the capacity to increase one's Luck in dangerous situations. Activation is limited to battlefields, where it is possible to perform feats of arms. Rider’s blessing comes from his beloved half-fairy wife, though as she is stuck in her dragon form, it is not as strong as it could be.

Faerie Wedding Ring (C): A pair of magical rings gifted to Raymondin by Melusine as a symbol of their union and her promise to protect him and his decendants. The protection given by these rings boost Rider’s magic resistance.

Noble Phantasm

Le Dragon Melusine
    Fairy Dragon of the Lake

Anti-Fortress, A+:
    The form taken by Lady Melusine when she transformed herself into a dragon after her estrangement from her husband. A monstrous water dragon, water surges from her wings and claws when she takes flight, and her breath is a powerful blast of water prana, the pressure behind the blast allowing it to reduce castle walls to rubble. A half-fairy, a powerful sorceress and heroic spirit in her own right, Melusine is, to her irritation, trapped in her dragon form to serve as her husband’s Noble Phantasm, and as a result, though her wisdom remains, she is unable to make use of most of her magic. Though Raymondin can ride her, he dislikes doing it, considering it demeaning to her. Instead he prefers to fight on foot with Melusine fighting by his side, though she secretly doesn’t mind serving as his mount, and will swoop him out of battle if she thinks he’s in danger. If either one falls in battle, the other will become berserk with rage, and will stop at nothing to avenge the death of their spouse.

Lore
    Dislikes: Dragonslayers, snakes
    Talents: Getting lost
    Natural Enemy: Birth father (he likes his adoptive father)

The mythical founder of the French Noble House of Lusignan, who fell in love with the fairy maiden Melusine. After having her true form of a mermaid revealed to him, Melusine fled their home in the form of a dragon, but continued to use her powers to protect her husband and his descendants.

Raymondin is a cheerful airhead who enjoys wandering in forests, despite his appalling sense of direction. His general cluelessness leads Melusine to be a tad overprotective of him, often fishing him out of the scrapes he inevitably gets in. He will get very offended by stories of noble heroes killing dragons, insisting ‘Not all dragons are bad guys!’. Despite his cheerful nature he has a sharp tongue and a hot temper and as a result has a habit of saying things in anger that he later regrets.
    Last edited by asterism42; August 5th, 2016 at 05:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.