Page 46 of 782 FirstFirst ... 36414445464748515696146546 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Ahem, in the vein of seriousness, I believe I've already commented on Lancer and her Pratchett phantasm before when we chatted, Cyber, but for the sake of repeating it- this is an instance of 'Servant who isn't a magus summoning multiple Servants' which I actually think works, primarily because a) "Hua Mulan" as the profile depicts her is an aggregate spirit along the lines of Sasaki Kojiro and thus multiple candidates exist for her to begin with, and b) rather than 'drain prana, summon' there's an actual cost to maintain the others- she has to dilute her own essence, so effectively the skill isn't so much a summoning as it is splitting herself up. Can't really comment further though on account of "said most of what I wanted already" xD
    "AND THAT MEANT THE ROCK, THE CRAPPY AWFUL ROCK HERE WAS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE, THE CONTINUA, THE WHOLE REALITY!"

-Iain M. Banks, Use of Weapons

Does anyone like the idea of Coyote (as in the Native American trickster spirit) as a Berserker? (w/ low ME)
    Last edited by petalferrous; February 2nd, 2012 at 06:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mulan's good. I like it when non-blasty, personal combat Servants come up in this thread - not every hero needs to be able to destroy armies in one shot to take that title. The Noble Phantasm's quite nicely designed; I don't see any problems in terms of its balance, and you're drawing on previous Nasuverse ideas for the concept. Good stuff all round.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Thank you both for looking at her. ^^ I was a little worried if I made the NP too strong or too weak considering it's her only one, so I'm happy to hear it reads reasonably. It's hard for a player to be unbiased about their own character.

...This was a dumb thought experiment after reading those anime/manga Servants and I will duck thrown fruit as needed. Source is likely obvious.

Servant:
    Rider
    True Name: "The Kid"
    Alignment: Neutral Good

Statistics:
    Strength: B
    Endurance: B
    Agility: C
    Magic: E
    Luck: E

Class Abilities:
    Magic Resistance
    Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree as an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Riding
    The expertise to ride animals and vehicles. Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, one cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Demonic Beast and Holy Beast-rank creatures.

Personal Skills:
    Battle Continuation
    Strength of vitality for predicaments. Also, the ability to withdraw from combat and reach allied territory alive after being defeated. At this rank, it is possible to fight even through deadly injuries and the user may return home even through a calamity as long as there is a chance for even one person to survive.

Expert of Many Specializations
    Access to and use of many expert skills. At this rank, a total of 16 skills ranging from archery, demolition, hunting, swordsmanship, tactics, and other combat skills may be used with proficiency of Rank C or above.

Instinct
    The power to "feel" the most favorable developments for oneself during battle. Though initially his survival instincts are no better than an averagely seasoned warrior, combined with the effect of his Noble Phantasm, Rider's sixth sense gradually sharpens and refines to the point of true precognition, seeing what is to come as clearly as if a voice was narrating it in his ear.

Noble Phantasms:
    Bastion - Riding the Winds of Time
    Type: Anti-World
    Although it has no direct combat applications and is primarily only useful as a utility resource, the rank of this Noble Phantasm represents the boundless potential of its true purpose, unknown even to Rider. With each day his spiritual body is maintained in the world, Rider generates a "core" of concentrated prana that he may collect and store as a consumable resource in battle, its effects analogous to the consumption of a single Command Spell.

However, the true use of this Noble Phantasm is that should Rider be defeated with a sufficient number of Cores in his possession, travel through time to the beginning of the Holy Grail War is automatically invoked. Although Rider receives no direct knowledge of the events that occurred in his past (and future), his body gradually develops instinctive knowledge of what is to come. Thus, through countless repetitions, he is forged into an ever-deadlier warrior whose chances of achieving his impossible dreams become that much less impossible.

Loving this. Bastion FTW.

Great job, Cyber.

Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    I think Mulan could possibly use some other NP, but mostly I think I just want to see her with more stuff. Definitely not a bad design, at least to me. Following the thread on and off, but usually don't comment much.

Apologies.
    COYOTE
    Class: Berserker
    Alignment: Chaotic Insane
    Stats:
    Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: E
    Magic: E
    Luck: EX
    Legend:
    Coyote is a Native American trickster spirit, comparable to Loki or Reynard the Fox. So many stories have been told about him that any composite details are difficult to obtain, but he is generally anthropomorphic, with a coyote-like aspect. He is often both benevolent and malicious at once, and can be seen as foolish and accidentally helpful, or a deliberate helper of mankind. Some traditions place Coyote as a demiurge nearly on the level of the Creator, while others consider him a mere trickster. Coyote is not a true Heroic Spirit, but wormed his way into the Grail War when a foolish magus attempted to summon "the strongest North American nature spirit" as a Berserker. His wish is to return the chaos of nature to the world and disrupt its inevitable path to the death of Gaia and the Land of Steel.
    Class Skills:
    Mad Enhancement: E
    Offers a small boost in Strength in exchange for an uncontrollable, conniving temperament. However, this may have been Coyote's true nature in the first place. Furthermore, the boost seems to have little effect.
    Independent Action: A+
    Indefinite survival without a Master is possible, although high-mana actions such as the activation of Noble Phantasms will require an external mana supply. While this ability is not intended to be allocated to the Berserker class, it seems to have been attained through Coyote's insistence.
    Personal Skills:
    Shapeshift: A++
    The ability to alter the self to have the appearance of others. Transformation into anything that can be imagined, from humans to animals to the stars in the sky, is now possible. However, a coyote-like aspect will always remain, and Coyote's statistics will always remain unchanged.
    Divinity: E
    While Coyote is considered a god in Navajo folklore, and many others, his unruly conduct has caused him to be expelled from the gods' inner circle, thus removing most of the benefits of godhood.
    Wild Spirit: A
    Provides protection from mental interference and a type of wily charisma and persuasiveness by channeling the Heroic Spirit's freewheeling soul. However, the higher the rank, the harder it becomes to forge alliances. At this rank the Heroic Spirit can no longer seek help from any other participants in the Grail War.
    Noble Phantasm:
    America Ignatius: The Many Exploits of Coyote, and How He Performed Them
    Many stories have been told about Coyote. America Ignatius generates a bonfire around which his four favorites, and the one he can never escape, are actualized. The stories must be told in order and can only be told once per Grail War. Once all stories have been told, Coyote must leave the Grail War and return to wandering the American wilderness.
    First Story: Coyote and the Sun God
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1~99
    Maximum Targets: ?
    It is said that Coyote was very clever, and he used his wiles to snatch a piece of the sun away from the Sun God. For a while he gloated over his victory, then descended to the earth with a piece of sun in his mouth. The people there were cold and hungry, and many died during winter, for they had nothing but the sun to keep them warm, and the Sun God was a fickle being. Coyote saw that his piece of sun would let many live who would have died, and also allow many to kill who would not have killed. And this is the way of things, so Coyote gave them his piece of the sun. Thus fire was brought to the people, and they were grateful. There can be only darkness until this story has been told fully. All light sources and light-based abilities in range will be negated for the duration of the story.
    Second Story: Coyote and the Water God
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-99
    Maximum Targets: 200 people
    It is said that Coyote was very wicked, and in his wickedness he stole the child of the Water God in order to cause him pain. In his grief the Water God covered the land with water and all the edifices of the people were washed away. Coyote was forced to give back the Water God's child, but while the flood receded he lead humanity to higher ground in penitence. There they found richer soil and planted better crops, so they were grateful to Coyote in the end. While this story is told a flood will wash over the area, dealing extremely minor magic-based damage to all caught in it. However, the true effect of the flood is revitalizing and strengthening the essence of nature, making the land it touches slightly closer to Gaia and raising the environmental affinity for nature spirits.
    Third Story: Coyote and the Stars
    Type: Anti-World
    Maximum Targets: n/a
    It is said that Coyote is very impatient. When First Man, chosen by the Creator, placed the stars in the sky, he did so with great care, carefully naming and placing each one. But Coyote could not wait for the stars to be placed as the Creator wished. So he ate them all up from the jar First Man drew from, and then spit them out across the sky. But in the chaos people could not find their way by the stars as the Creator intended, so Coyote created order by showing the people the constellations and giving them names. And so the people were grateful. When this story is told, Coyote scatters the stars anew, confusing direction and rearranging the locations of the area enhanced by the flood. Familiar environs will become a confusing labyrinth even to people unaware of the Grail War's occurrence, but a new order will arise before too long, and people will soon be able to find their way naturally.
    Fourth Story: Coyote and the Creator
    Type: Anti-Consciousness
    It is said that Coyote was curious. While the Creator forged mankind from clay, Coyote skulked about, nudging and bumping in his eagerness to see the new creations. The Creator was distracted, and some of the clay people came out pale or burnt, some large or small. So it is that people are different from one another, and so it is that, through their differences, people came to think for themselves. Perhaps the Creator intended this in the first place, but in any case the people, upon being told this, were grateful to Coyote. When this story is told Coyote will restore to all humans in range the essential self-consciousness given to them by his mistake, making them aware of the decay of Gaia and the new beginning offered by the recreated world before them. It also has the side effect of making everyone in range aware of magi and the Grail War, as the world once was long ago. This is intended to be Coyote's ultimate Noble Phantasm and the conclusion to America Ignatius. The telling of the fifth story will likely require a Command Spell.
    Fifth Story: Coyote and Death
    Type: Anti-Death
    When everything began the Creator was pleased with all creation, and saw no need for death to sully it. But the world grew too crowded as nothing died away, and so a council was called. It was decided to institute death in the world, and open a door so that the dead could return soon after their death.
    Many things have been said about Coyote. But above all he was wise. Coyote knew that this could not last, and so, after the first whirlwind spirit blew through the door, Coyote closed it. And so all the dead wandered the earth with nowhere to go, until a road to the spirit realm was discovered. When Coyote realized what he had done, he fled in horror, the outraged living close behind. And so it is that, for all he has done, Coyote is always on the run, the story of death always close behind. As long as this story is being told, nothing in range can die, as the door to death will swing open, allowing those who have died to walk the earth once more, until the story is done being told.
    Last edited by petalferrous; February 2nd, 2012 at 11:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Name:Black★Rock Shooter

Class: Saber (can be summoned as rider)

Stats:

Endurance: B+
    Agility: B
    Magic: D
    Luck:
    C+

Noble Phantasm:

★rock Cannon
    a transformable weapon, ★rock Cannon is a versatile noble phantasm that, when in cannon form, can fire 20 explosive projectiles at once or be charged up for 1 powerful shot. in melee form, it turns into a giant blade.

Type: Anti-Unit, Army
    Maximum Targets: 1-20

Black Blade
    a katana like blade and saber's preferred weapon.

Maximum Targets: 1

Skills:

Magic resistance: B

Battle continuation: C

Mystic Eyes: C type: unknown

Nature of a Rebellious Spirit:
    B

Riding: C

"Red like roses fills my dreams and brings me to the place you rest."

Blog Entries
    ...you put a perfect Archer as a Saber.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    ...you put a perfect Archer as a Saber.
    she works better as a saber. sure, rock cannon is the weapon she's seen with in the ova, but she's still better in melee combat. rock cannon doesn't really have much range on it. it's more of a melee to mid range weapon.

Blog Entries
    Name: Kirito

Class: Assassin

Stats:

Endurance: C
    Agility: B
    Magic: D
    Luck:
    B

Noble Phantasm:

Elucidator
    a black demonic 1 handed sword, equal in strength to Dark Repulser.

Dark Repulser
    a white holy 1 handed sword, equal in strength to Elucidator.

Class Skills:
    Presence Concealment: C+

Skills:

Bravery: B

Discernment of the Poor
    : A

Disengage
    : B

Eternal Arms Mastership
    : B

Instinct
    : C

Projectile (Throwing Picks)
    : D

the main character from the LN sword art online.

Blog Entries
    Name: Accelerator

Class: Berserker (can be summoned as archer and caster)

Stats:

Strength: C (up and up another 2 ranks while using vector control and up another while in angel mode)
    Endurance: E (up 1 rank while in angel mode)
    Agility: D (up 1 rank while in angel mode)
    Magic: E (up 1 rank while in angel mode)
    Luck: C (up 1 rank while in angel mode)

Noble Phantasm:

Vector Control
    berserker's control over vectors gives him the perfect defense. any physical attack that touches him, is automatically reversed and any magical attack under B rank is negated. he can use this power to alter his strength (up 2 ranks) and his agility (up 2 ranks).

Type: Anti-Unit, Army, Fortress
    Maximum Targets: 500

Angel Wings*
    white wings made out of 100 feather. these wings are made out of prana and will disintegrate mater on contact. they can only be activated in angel mode, which grants a boost in stats (rank up 1). (this noble phantasm is useless to berserker because of mad enhancement, since it has to be consciously activated it to use it)

Type: Anti-Army
    Maximum Targets: 100

Class Skills:

Mad enhancement: C

Skills:

Divinity: C

Nature of a Rebellious Spirit
    : C

Projectile (Guns)
    : B*

Military Tactics: D*

(*negated while summoned as berserker)
    Last edited by Zer0light; February 4th, 2012 at 12:43 AM.

Blog Entries
    It has been a while.

Class: Lancer (Rider, Berserker)
    True Name: Achilles
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

STR: ***** A
    END
    : ***** C
    AGI: ***** A+
    MGI: ***** C
    LCK: ***** B
    NP
    : ***** B

Keywords
    KEYWORDS

Trojan War

The most famous war of Ancient Greece, fought between the Achaeans and the kingdom-city of Troy. A conflict of legends that linked together the fate of humans and gods alike, many great heroes found ultimate glory and ultimate ruin in that battlefield. Its story is detailed in the work of many artists, a classical example being the Iliad by Homer.

Thetis

A sea nymph (Elemental) that lived in the Aegean Sea. One of the fifty daughters of the Titan Nereus (Nereids). She was widely revered for her beauty and wisdom. Once upon a time, there was a dispute involving even the Olympian Gods for the right to marry her. Said dispute was brought to an end by a prophecy that “the child of Thetis will become greater than his own father”.

CLASS SKILLS

Magic Resistance: A
    Protection against magical effects. Cancel spells of A-Rank or bellow. In practice, he is untouchable to modern Magi.

PERSONAL SKILLS

Divine Protection: A
    A blessing from Divine Spirits, provides bonus modifiers to all saving throws. Furthermore, at A-Rank the Servant becomes immune to all sorts of curses, save those on the level of Divine Spirits.

Eternal Arms Mastership: A+
    Mastership of combat arts has reached the point of being said to be unrivaled in one’s era. By complete merging of mind, body and technique, it is possible to make use of full fighting skills even when under the influence of any sort of mental hindrance.

Mixed-Blood: C
    Measures one’s aptitude as a non-human. The higher the rank, more one’s quality as a human being decreases.

Weapons

Armor of the Gods (Second)
    An armor forged by the Blacksmith Deity Hephaestus. Not only it is richly ornamented, but its performance as a defensive item is also high thanks to being made with divine skill. This is actually the second of such armor. As part of a set, it comes with a shield furnished with enchantments that expand a strong defensive bounded-field.

NOBLE PHANTASM

Lost Death – A Mother’s Blessings
    Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Achilles immortal body. A conceptual charm that rejects the flaws known as death imbued in his very flesh. This auto-activation-type Noble Phantasm that restores Achilles to a state of full health every time he receives an injury. Not a high-speed regeneration ability that magically repairs wounds, nor a Curse of Restoration that forcefully returns the body to the point prior to being wounded by turning back time, but rather, this is a top-class divine mystery that rejects the very event of being injured to being with. Because carrying the damage of an injury that he never received is a paradox, the world corrects that contradiction by recovering Achilles body. Furthermore, Lost Death also grants immunity to all sorts of physical alignments.

There is a famous anecdote on how Achilles gained his invulnerability by being bathed in the mystic waters of the underworld (Styx River) right after birth. That same anecdote tells about a weak point on his heels, and while Achilles was indeed killed by an arrow that hit that spot, Lost Death’s protection actually extends itself for his whole body. There is no vulnerability on his heels. The true weakness of this Noble Phantasm lies elsewhere.

Pelias Hasta – Fragment of Chaos
    A large polearm with one spearhead at each end. It originally belonged to Achilles’ father, King Peleus. According to legend, during the marriage between Peleus and Thetis, the wise centaur Chiron presented the King with a stout, ash-colored staff that he found at the top of Mt. Pelion. Athena then gave the staff a polished form and Hephaestus furnished it with spearheads. What nobody knew at the time was that ash-colored staff was something that branched off from the primordial deity (Protogenoi) Khaos. As a result, this spear is a weapon that carries opposing attributes of creation and destruction.

The main, large spearhead (Pelias Omega – Spear of Primeval Destruction) carries a blessing (curse) of death and inflicts unhealable wounds when its true name is called. Even if medical treatment is used to cure the injury, damage will continue to be dealt at the end of every turn so long the blessing (curse) is not lifted. Meanwhile, the secondary, small spearhead (Pelias Alpha – Spear of Terminal Creation) is imbued with a curse (blessing) of life that negates all sorts of negative alignments when its true name is called (including the blessing (curse) of Pelias Omega).

Achilles’ weapon-of-choice, but it surprisingly played little part on his legend. In fact, many modern accounts of his story fail to mention its existence altogether. It was only during the incident involving King Telephus of Mysia that it ever had a significant role.

Background
    BACKGROUND

The great hero of the Trojan War, Achilles was a Mixed-Blood of Elemental that lived in Ancient Greece. Son of King Peleus of Aegina and the Nereid Thetis, because his beauty and capacity, he was loved by men and gods alike. His abilities were so outstanding that he was widely regarded as the strongest of the Achaeans who participated in that conflict.

Blessed from birth, his mother brought him to the Styx River as a baby to wash away the mortality from his body and make him invincible. Then, a few years later, his father sent him to be educated by the centaur Chiron at Mt. Pelion. There, he learned not only about the arts of combat, hunting and riding, but also music and fundamental sciences.

Around that time, a certain oracle made a prophecy that Achilles would “either have a long a long and ignoble life at home or a short but glorious one away”. Knowing this, when Thetis heard that the Achaeans wanted her son to participate in the war against Troy, she decided to disguise him as a young girl and hide him at the court of King Lycomede of Skyros. However, the hero Odysseus used a clever scheme to expose the disguise and Thetis was left with no other choice but to allow Achilles depart to war.

However, that was what Achilles wanted. Since early, the young warrior had an unrestrained thirst for glory. In his own words, his objective in life “was to surpass all heroes that came before and immortalize my name as the greatest of legends”. The dedication that he showed back in his lifetime towards that single dream of his was something that bordered a fanatical obsession.

Incidentally, this notion of “glory found in legends = immortality of men” was something that he learn from the story of a certain Babylonian king.

Trojan War Hero

Achilles participation in the Trojan War was marked by rage. It was a common sight to witness him lose itself to wrath. When combined with his superhuman strength, this overwhelming fury turned him literally into beast of destruction.

But, while he was the Achaeans greatest trump, his personality also made him the greatest torn in their flesh. Achilles excellence also made him quite aloof and somewhat incapable of empathizing with others. Furthermore, he was also known for being selfish and owner of great pride, who would go to the last consequences when it came down to cleaning his honor.

The most famous incident of that sort was the feud between him and Agamemnon, supreme commander of the Greek forces. After a disagreement between the two, Agamemnon imposed a minor punishment over Achilles by taking away from him Briseis, a beautiful woman that the hero had taken for himself as a spoil of war and concubine. Insulted, Achilles withdraw himself and his men from the frontlines in reprisal.

The absence of Achilles and his Myrmidons was disastrous for the Achaeans. The Greek army soon started to pile up defeat over defeat and the Trojans gained a clear advantage in the conflict. Recognizing once again that the war could not be won without Achilles, Agamemnon attempted to make amends with the warrior, going as far as sending Briseis back to him together with many other gifts. But blinded by rage, Achilles refused to concede. Not even his closest friend – Patroclus – was able to make him change his mind.

One day, after pushing their enemies all the way back to the beaches, the Trojans mounted an assault to Greek ships. Upon seeing that hopeless crisis, Patroclus decided to disguise himself as Achilles by wearing his prized armor and then rallying the Myrmidons to support the Greeks. The Trojans were successfully repelled, but Patroclus himself was killed in combat by Hector, prince of Troy.

The news of his friend’s death filled Achilles with sadness and desire for revenge. He went after Hector and took his life after an epic duel. But not satisfied with just killing him, Achilles dragged Hector’s body back to his camp with his chariot in order to prevent that the prince from having a proper funeral. The desecration of Hector’s body was a sin too heavy to be overlooked by the gods, and Achilles would eventually lose his life to a divine curse because of it.

By that point, Achilles had successfully turned himself into a living legend. However, the loss of his only friend turned him into a bitter man and he no longer cared about his dream like before. Rather, he started to look back in sorrow at the sacrifices he made for the sake of that dream and became filled with regret over the way of life he took.
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; March 4th, 2013 at 08:43 AM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watch out, Spinach! There's another one here!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Watch out, Spinach! There's another one here!
    What? Explain please.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's a joke relating to an RP he and I are in. His opponent is Achilles.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Ooh this one is interesting. I'm particularly wondering what the real "achilles' heel" of Achilles is.

Achilles really was like a super man of the Greeks, he's definitely worthy of a mighty servant profile.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    Ooh this one is interesting. I'm particularly wondering what the real "achilles' heel" of Achilles is.

Achilles really was like a super man of the Greeks, he's definitely worthy of a mighty servant profile.
    it actually WAS his heel, his mom dipped him in the river styx (i think) and it made him invulnerable, but since she was holding him by his heel, that was the only part that didn't get touched by the river, and was his only weak spot.
    achilles was more like captain america, the ultimate warrior, said to be unbeatable in battle until he got hit by a stray arrow in the heel during battle...or did he get speared in the heel during battle? can't remember. he would have made an excellent, saber, lancer, berserker and rider.

Hercules was more of the greek superman.
    Last edited by Zer0light; February 5th, 2012 at 03:28 AM.

Blog Entries
    He was talking about the Achilles from that Servant profile a few posts up, bro.