Page 47 of 782 FirstFirst ... 37424546474849525797147547 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0light View Post
    Achilles was more like captain america, the ultimate warrior, said to be unbeatable in battle until he got hit by a stray arrow in the heel during battle...or did he get speared in the heel during battle? can't remember. he would have made an excellent, saber, lancer, berserker and rider.
    Nah, he got assassinated by Paris (with Apollo's help) while he was praying at a shrine with a poisoned arrow to the heel.
    Servant Profile: Idea Generator
    Reality Marble: Countless Creations, Intense Inferno, Vast Vista
    Score: 7 (Where's mah Grail!)

Random Servant Profile: Fraggle's Cult
    (I knew I had this lying around somewhere!)
    Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    EX is a Pineapple/10

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Name: Noah
    Class: Rider
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Stats:

Strength: C
    Endurance: B
    Agility: D
    Magic: A
    Luck: A

Class Skills:

Riding: A+ (EX): Creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind. When the God's Covenant is invoked, Rider gains immediate and total domination over all animals save humans, with no exceptions. This level of riding skill is great enough that animals being ridden are themselves made many times stronger than they should be, and even Dragons can be ridden without trouble.

Magic Resistance: D: Cancel Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy. While Rider, due to his great age, is granted Magic Resistance, it is not very powerful due to him rarely encountering magic in life.

Personal Skills:

Animal Dialogue: B(+): Communication of intention with animals that don't possess words. Normally Noah can communicate naturally with almost any animal because of his vast experiences with them, but when the God's Covenant is invoked he gains the ability to command them and be understood perfectly.

Voyager of the Storm: B: The talent to impel a ship and those who the user identifies with. Because the ability as a group leader is also necessary, this unique Skill also has the effects of both Charisma and Military Tactics. Although Rider is not a military commander or a leader, he gains this ability simply because of the great feat he accomplished in real life, giving him abilities that he was forced to develop though they do not suit him.

Natural Body/Divinity: B: While not truly descended from a God, Rider is one of the last Patriarchs, the Old Humans created by God before the great flood. Thus, while human, his body and constitution are markedly superior to those of modern humans and can be called 'perfectly designed' and without any of the flaws that the humanity of today possesses. This skill can be counted as both 'Natural Body' and 'Divinity' at the same time.

Noble Phantasms:

The Great Ark - Seed of the World
    Type: Reality Marble

Noah's Ark, the magnificent ship designed by God to carry the lives of an entire world. It is the embodiment of all Noah accomplished in his life, and can be summoned by him at any time. It is a gigantic ship crafted of wood that is older and stronger than the greatest metals, with the durability of an entire city. Due to limitations of design, Noah can only fully manifest this Phantasm in a large body of water, although he can manifest parts of it outside of water. The ship itself has no offensive capabilities, but is an existence approaching a Reality Marble, similar to the World itself. It exists out of time as a record of Life on the Earth, and contains two of every single creature created by God, one male and one female. These range from ordinary creatures to might dragons, and all have been tamed by Noah. The Ark's inside is much larger than the outside, and resembles a wild jungle. Regardless, Noah's mastery of this ship is such that he can summon every single animal he has tamed from it at will, from wherever he wishes to. These animals may be killed, and upon death will not be available for summoning for an entire year while their existence is slowly restored by the Ark. Noah may also allow entry inside, and enemies can be trapped in the Ark until they either kill enough beasts to fracture the Ark's existence or are freed.

God's Covenant - An Eternal Promise
    B
    Type: Anti-Unit

When Noah survived the great flood using the Ark, he struck a deal with God, or the World itself. Gaia recognized humanity's right to live, and granted it special permissions to survive on the World. Noah and Gaia remember this promise, and Noah may call upon the World to grant him privileges over it by recalling this promise. It is activated by intoning one of the 'commandments' agreed upon in the covenant. However, the World has changed since Noah's promise, and thus will actively fight the promise it no longer wishes to be bound by. Noah must constantly spend prana to keep the World 'convinced' and conforming to the covenant, and when he runs out the World will force itself to forget the promise, and Noah will lose all benefits associated with it. The privileges gained by calling upon the covenant include dominance over all animals, and other privileges/restrictions. However Noah as Rider can only call upon the part of the Covenant associated with animals, and thus cannot force the other parts to manifest upon the World.

------------------------------------------

How's this for a stat sheet? I'm not exactly good at this, but I'm not sure if I'm overpowering him or not....

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He's Noah, man. For him, D-rank MR seems like a joke. Imagine the trouble he had to go to to get those animals!

If anything, you could probably buff him a tiny bit. With the mystery, age, and fame he's got, he would be very, very powerful.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    I'd say he's a bit tougher than you've got him, but the concept is really cool. Though, he does have the ability to summon two of every Phantasmal Beast, including fucking dragons. His NP is truly powerful as fuck, but without it he's pretty flimsy, methinks.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Well he is a flimsy dude. Not exactly a fighter or very powerful in terms of fighting ability, so his Ark is literally his only actual weapon, apart from the whole 'Old Human' thing that gives him semi good stats. Still, I'm glad it wasn't that bad.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors celsius's Avatar
    I think his STR and EN could be higher. He's the guy who built an entire ark by himself, right?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    How's this for a stat sheet? I'm not exactly good at this, but I'm not sure if I'm overpowering him or not....
    Serious Gilgamesh is a pretty good yardstick. If you're looking over your Servant and feel like he's got a decent to good chance of taking Serious Gil down in a fight, you've gone too far. OP. Anything else is probably good to go.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    I think his STR and EN could be higher. He's the guy who built an entire ark by himself, right?
    I'd say his B END is well deserved, because arks are huge and take forever to make, but A rank would just be pushing it. As for STR... Eh, I don't really agree. In the Servant rankings, C is still like 30x human peak or whatever, right? That's pretty damn awesome already.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qsurf View Post
    Nah, he got assassinated by Paris (with Apollo's help) while he was praying at a shrine with a poisoned arrow to the heel.
    Seika Greek mode on. Please evacuate if you don't care.

I have a lovely little rant on saying that any one thing happened in Classical myth linked in my sig. In a quote from you, as I recall. There will be several different versions for almost every tale. This is even more true for major mythological events, such as the Trojan War.

As to the various versions: the major ones are, of course, based on the Iliad. Once Achilles mentions that he will die at Troy's walls, slain by Apollo's arrow; once he says that he will be slain at the major gateway to Troy by Paris (assissted by Apollo).

There is a version in which he is assassinated in a temple (and yours might even happen, somewhere), but only in a single source that I can quickly find or recall - a 4th C. AD Latin work using the framing device of an 'undiscovered journal' from the Trojan War. The version given there is that Paris and his brother Deiphobos have set up a meeting with Achilles in a temple of Apollo. Deiphobos embraces him in pretended friendship, and holds him in place for Paris to stab him with a sword. No arrows involved.
    Last edited by Seika; February 5th, 2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Keyboards are my implacable foe
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Regarding Achilles, I do remember that in one rendition of his myth, there was no mention of the River Styx at all, and he was merely stated to have been untouchable in combat, save for one time where his elbow was nicked by a spear and bled.

Blog Entries
    Well, this is the Nasuverse so famous myths first, others last. :P
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

I think it's worth mentioning that this rendition is older, since a quick wikipedia search turns up:

However, none of the sources before Statius makes any reference to this general invulnerability. To the contrary, in the Iliad Homer mentions Achilles being wounded: in Book 21 the Paeonian hero Asteropaeus, son of Pelagon, challenged Achilles by the river Scamander. He cast two spears at once, one grazed Achilles' elbow, "drawing a spurt of blood".

Blog Entries
    Doesn't matter though, lol. Of course it's older; with the Iliad Homer kept it pretty real and cool.

Also people were probably paying more attention to "Fuck yeah two spears at once AWESOME"

Blog Entries
    Noah is a really neat idea. The Servant himself, as said, is pretty flimsy - but I can't really imagine him being beefy either and his NP largely covers that assuming he can call monsters out of the ark relatively speedy-like. He definitely reads like a mage-ier Gil who spits out awesome animals instead of awesome swords. I like that he can actually ride Dragons given how monumentally rare that's supposed to be.

I wonder if he can summon magical elephants and drop them on your head.

Blog Entries
    Achilles' so-called immunity is vastly less evident in the myths than is widely thought amongst non-Classicists. It seems to have come in quite late, and it's still not consistently held. Even the one which qsurf seems to have been drawing on has Achilles stabbed in the side rather than the heel, and that's well after the idea's been tossed around.

I'm inclined to think that people were conflating Achilles with Demophoon from the Homeric Hymn to Demeter, personally - one of the earlier accounts of Thetis' attempt to make Achilles immortal is almost exactly the same as Demeter's efforts in that poem. A fortunate coincidence that I read that hymn to distract myself from work a week or so ago, and when I'm now looking up myths for Beast's Lair it becomes relevant. I need to find someone else who's noticed this and has put it in an article ...
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Here's one I cooked up recently, unrelated to The Manhattan Project II, but awesome nonetheless. It's actually quite cool, and definitely powerful in some situations.

---------------------

Servant: The Ancient Mariner
    Class: Archer

Background: On a night a traveller may be seen, his beard coated in frost, his brown skin aged and pale, his old clothes ragged and his voice that of a man who has seen all too much in his life. He is the Ancient Mariner of whom many tales are told, and he is known best from the Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. In truth, he is a man who has wandered the world since ancient times, his crew and himself old as the wind that blows upon the seas. He has no true identity; he is merely the Ancient Mariner, no other. Long ago he sailed a ship, and was blown down to the Antarctic itself. It was here that he, angered by a cursed albatross that had lain itself upon his ship, shot the bird with his crossbow. At first it seemed a success, and his crew celebrated the act as the ice before them cracked and set them free, but soon enough perils came upon them, and Death himself and Nightmare Life-In-Death came to the Mariner and his crew on an especially stormy night, and rolled dice for their souls. Soon the men that he had called his crew, the men that almost mutinied, all dropped dead, one by one, and the Mariner's soul was won by the pale woman, Nightmare Life-In-Death, consigning him to his fate. In time he was assailed by the many eels that lived in the sea, writhing about, their bodies sliding about in the sea, a horrific sight. However, the Mariner came to see them as beautiful even as he was parched, and a rain came down, with lightning, and he felt the albatross around his neck drop down into the sea. His crew, though dead of emotion and pale, came back to life, their unholy limbs working the ship once more, as was the duty they were cursed to. Even in the end, when the Mariner saw a lighthouse on the shore and thought himself free, but it could not be so. His soul was owned by someone who was not himself, and so the Mariner was forced to wander the earth for eternity, telling his story so that he may ease the ache in his body, ease the burning in his heart. Though he himself is technically alive, he is Life-In-Death, and the verse written for him by Coleridge, one of the men to whom the Ancient Mariner told his tale, gives him a solidity in the world, and makes him something like a Heroic Spirit, a thing remembered by many and even revered by some. Thus, the Ancient Mariner's only wish for the Grail is to tell someone his story, so that he may once more be at ease... at least, for a time.

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance – C+ (B+)

Independent Action – B+ (A+)

Personal Skills:

Ghastly Form – B (A) (The Mariner has a mix between his physical and spirit forms as part of his curse – at all times he is pale and vaguely translucent, many attacks will merely pass through his body, and he can move through objects and over terrain as in spirit form. However, this ranks down his STR (to its current value), grants no resistance to actual spells, and the Mariner cannot effectively go into spirit mode and become invisible. On his ship, however, he can move about however he wishes and become fully invisible at will.)

Disengage – C

Instinct - A

Noble Phantasm(s):

Nightmare Life-In-DeathShot of the AlbatrossA
    Anti-Unit

This is the main and most versatile Noble Phantasm of the Ancient Mariner, in the form of a twisted, black arrow shot by his famous crossbow. This is the same weapon that was used to kill a harmless albatross, and brought an eternity of misfortune and regret to the Mariner. When fired, the arrow seeks out those who have regrets, self-doubt, or poor luck, getting a bonus to hit against them. The target struck will have to make a save against LCK in order to resist the effects of this, which is done by expending one rank in LCK which is then absorbed by the Mariner, adding to his own up to A+ rank. However, if they have great enough regret or self-doubt, or very low LCK, then they will lose a LCK rank and will suffer the effects of the arrow regardless. Upon a successful hit, then, the arrow lodges itself in the target's body with cursed, spiny tendrils, the wound being unable to heal until the Mariner uses his other power, the Albatross, to expend the LCK rank that has been stolen. The self-doubt and regret of those struck by the arrow will be revealed, damaging them and freezing them in place to a degree and for a time based on said doubt and regret. Those without any self-doubt or regret will feel none of those effects.

Flying DutchmanForsaken Ancient Ship and Her CrewA+
    Anti-Army

A famous ghost ship with no single owner, the Flying Dutchman is an entity as vague as the Ancient Mariner himself, an inseparable ship and her captain. As the Mariner, long ago, was forced to wander the earth, he was only allowed to bring himself and his cursed, undead crew on his eternal journey, and in fact the Mariner himself is the origin of many famous stories of pirates, sailors and monsters alike. Such is the first power of the Flying Dutchman: exactly once, the Mariner on his ship can choose to take on the form of any sailing captain in history, gaining their abilities, wishes, memories and personality to replace his own. If he dies in this form he will rise again as the Mariner, though an attack with the property to exorcise or destroy spirits can prevent this if it is used to kill the Mariner's acquired form. As the Mariner, however, on his ship the Flying Dutchman he gains a rank-up to MGI, Magic Resistance, Independent Action, and Ghastly Form. In addition, the Albatross will always be circling the ship and at times landing on it, the only living thing amongst the dead crew and the Mariner himself. On the ship the Mariner can move about nigh-instantaneously, and his crew can attack his foes, though they themselves cannot be directly commanded by the Mariner. The Flying Dutchman itself is also a powerful ship that moves fast in the water without a noise, and can float and submerge at the Mariner's will, allowing it to move somewhat over land and obstacles.

The AlbatrossFated Bird of the South-WindD-A+
    Anti-Unit/Anti-Army

This is the final Noble Phantasm of the Ancient Mariner, the great Albatross itself that started his descent into his cursed life. It has two distinct uses, though the final and most powerful effect is similar regardless of how it is activated:

First, the Mariner can release the bird towards his foe, and it will fly around them, sometimes trying to land on them. It will do no actual damage to a Servant, but will be an annoyance nonetheless, and if the Mariner's foe kills this Albatross, thus covering them in its blood, then they must make a LCK check or suffer an effect based on how much lower their LCK is to that of the Mariner (and with no effects if their LCK is equal), with the effects being cumulative, thus giving each successive rank all of the effects of those before it:

One rank: The foe feels parched, lowering their END by one rank.
    Two ranks: The foe becomes lightheaded and dazed, lowering their AGI by one rank.
    Three ranks: The foe's class skills are reduced by one rank.
    Four ranks: The foe gains Mental Pollution rank A, and their Instinct/Eye of the Mind is degraded.
    Five ranks: The area is covered in a thousand thousand slimy things that feast upon and suck the life out of all those but the Mariner's allies, and in their state the foe cannot help but see them as beautiful, not fighting back against the things. A Command Spell can undo up to three ranks of this, however, but cannot remove the mass of eels.

In the other case, if the person who kills the Albatross has higher LCK than the Mariner, they will have the effects as given on this list, also cumulative:

One rank:The next attack made will be armour piercing, breaking through nearly any barrier.
    Two ranks: A rain will descend upon the area, removing all status effects from the beneficiary.
    Three ranks: The clouds will strike down lightning, dealing damage to all foes in range.
    Four ranks: One's prana and health will be fully restored, and the lightning becomes more fierce.
    Five ranks: The slimy things will flood the area, just as with the other list, but the foe will be frightened of them, as though they all had B-rank Dread Visage, causing sickness and lowering the foe's LCK to E for the rest of the battle.

The second usage is when the Mariner himself kills the bird (in or outside of battle) by striking it with his crossbow's arrow, splattering its blood and causing the same effects as given above, but not based on the enemy's LCK. Instead, the Mariner can give himself the benefit of either rank grouping by expending ranks of his own LCK, giving back the stolen ranks to whomever they had been stolen from. He can expend any number of ranks he wishes, from either tree, but never going any higher than five; for example, he can have the effects of four ranks of the defensive grouping and the effects of one rank of the offensive grouping, but not three ranks of both, for example. All given effects, regardless of who kills the Albatross, will disappear at the battle's end, or if the Mariner uses the power to benefit himself, it will end when he leaves the general area of the effects. Usage of five ranks of the Albatross' power, regardless of who benefits from them, will lock out the Mariner's cursed arrow for the rest of the battle, but will not lower the actual rank of the related Noble Phantasm itself; the crossbow's arrows will merely become A-rank arrows with no special effects.

Stats:

Strength - C
    Agility - A+
    Magic – C (B)
    Luck - E
    Endurance – B

----------------------------

That was a lot of fun to make, and it's sort of my tribute to The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Definitely a cool poem, and I hope this does it at least some justice!
    Last edited by Five_X; February 5th, 2012 at 05:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    I've been trying to read up about the MPII Servants, but it takes awhile since they're not indexed, so I have to look through the whole thread for them. ^^; I'll find them all eventually!

The leveling up NP is a pretty interesting mechanic (I like the variable uses and ways to escape it for narrative purposes), though I'm a little surprised he's not a Rider with the Dutchman NP... but then again, Archers are a lot more rare and harder to think of candidates for, so it's always nice to see one. Poor guy though. ;.;

Blog Entries
    Eh, yeah, I never really ended up making an index for the MPII Servant thread. :S

I'll probably do that the next time I update it, with new and improved profiles all around!

I'm glad you liked the Mariner; I initially thought of making him a Rider, but I guess he's a Servant that can fit in either class but is best suited for Archer, since it's where he gets his primary Noble Phantasm.

Blog Entries
    One of the more creative Servants I've seen, Five. Bravo.

Blog Entries
    Why thank you, sir Spinach!

Now, I have to actually go and write MPII instead of dawdling by making up Servants!