Page 52 of 782 FirstFirst ... 2424750515253545762102152552 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    I did a Brynhilde, not a Sigurd. Though I have contemplated doing a Sigurd profile, I don't think I'll bother. Because it'd be a copy of yours with some minor changes(weakening Andvarinaut, giving him Language of the Birds as a kind of Unified Language), I see no reason to bother with one of my own when your is around.
    Still, could you pass me a link to it. The thing is, I am thinking of working on a Brynhild as well, so I would like to see your version to use as a reference. Not much is set yet, but I've already decided she will be a Caster and will have the Andvarinaut as her Noble Phantam (which in this case has the ability to summon Sigurd).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    I like the pic of dat girl and her panties, if it helps.
    ...I shoud expect that...
    Never mind then, I'll go delete it. Wasn't all that good compared to what I've seen here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Hahaha, my Brynhilde is wanked up to 11. One sec, I guess I'll post it for shits and giggles.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    So...did I do okay with that one? Or is it unbalanced?
    ...or do people not want another GB'd one? I can delete it...
    The servant itself is not that bad, but I really don't know what to think regarding her NP. Also, where did that pic came from?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Chaos View Post
    The servant itself is not that bad, but I really don't know what to think regarding her NP. Also, where did that pic came from?
    I have trouble coming up with NPs. I realize that.
    Deleted it anyway.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Yeah, like I said, really wanked. Everything has a basis of some sort, from one source or another. I just took concepts and made them way overpowered because I was bored. The result was this. With some fine tuning it could probably be balanced to an acceptable level, but I'm too lazy to do that.

Spoiler:
    Class: Lancer(Qualifies for Caster, Saber, Archer)

True Name: Brynhilde

Faceclaim: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/..._eyes-cape-fea

Parameters:
    STR C (B)
    AGI A (A)
    END C (B)
    MGI A (A+)
    LCK D (C)
    Noble Phantasm (B)

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance (C)
    The ability to cancel or diminish the effects of magecraft used against oneself. At this rank, rank of spell is lowered by three and C rank spells are nulled. Cannot be affected by modern spells.

Personal Skills:

Eternal Arms Mastership (B)
    Mastership of combat arts unrivalled in one era. The Servant can make use of full fighting ability even if under mental restrictions. Mastership of combat arts has reached the point of being said to be unrivaled in one's era. By complete merging of mind, body and technique, it is possible to make use of full fighting skills even when under the influence of any sort of mental hindrance.

High-Speed Divine Words (A)
    The ability to activate thaumaturgy without the connection of incantations to circuits. The words from the era of gods, back when words played a heavy role in the actualization of mysteries. As a result, pronunciation is impossible by modern humans. At this rank, even high thaumaturgy can be activated with just a single action, and the prana needed is halved due to it being taken from the environment.

Mystic Eyes (A+)
    "Mystic Eyes of Arcane Wisdom" - Odin showed to Brynhilde more of the Runes of Wisdom than any other Valkyrie. The Runes of Wisdom etched their form into her eyes permanently, their marks looking like blue stars, infinite in number, that pierce through any darkness, peer through any sorcery, and overpower almost all mysteries. Brynhilde can instantly analyze, comprehend, and even replicate any magecraft she sees, making use of magic just as well, or even better, than the original user of the magecraft. Magecraft tied to unique sorcery traits, Noble Phantasms, or skills unique to the hero alone cannot be reproduced, but they can be understood. True Magic is beyond her ability to replicate, but she can identify it. Brynhilde can also accurately judge the classification of any Noble Phantasm she sees(Anti-Army, Anti-Unit, Anti-Castle).

Territory Creation (??)
    Creates an area that is advantageous to oneself as a magus. Brynhilde is not a conventional magus, as almost all of her magic is purely replicated from witnessing other spellcasters. Likewise, her Territory Creation manifests as a ring of fire that she can create to encircle herself, an imitation of the ring of fire Odin placed to guard her castle where she slept. Enemies without skills akin to Bravery will be severely deterred by the flames, afraid to approach the blaze. While standing inside of the flames Brynhilde will rapidly restore her prana and her HP, but if an enemy pushes through the flames they will interrupt the healing process.

Noble Phantasms:

Choosers of the Slain, Valkyrian Sorcery
    Anti-Unit, C (A)
    The sorcery of the valkyries, pseudo-Divine Spirits who served the Norse god Odin. Originally, every valkyrie had a unique specialty in their sorcery, however Brynhilde has seen the abilities of many of her sisters, and can replicate their powers. Many of these spells involve manipulation of "Misty Raider." Because she is no longer a valkyrie, Brynhilde can only make use of some of these abilities. The spells she can use without invoking "Bright Battle" are listed below:

All of these spells should be considered around C rank.

Spoiler:
    Eir: A healing spell, regenerates wounds over time.
    Geirdriful: Forms the mist into a spear.
    Skeggöld: Forms the mist into a two handed, double edged axe.
    Ţögn: Enforces "silence" upon a target. The mist wraps around their mouth, choking and smothering their words, making them incapable of speaking.
    Skalmöld: Forms the mist into a viking sword.
    Sigrún: Creates a runic pattern on the ground beneath Brynhilde. Every time she slays a foe, her magical energy is restored.

Below are the spells that are unsealed by invoking "Bright Battle:"

All of these spells should be considered around A rank.

Spoiler:
    Róta: Releases a storm of ice from the roof of the mist dome of "Bright Battle" that targets a specific location.
    Randgrid: Amplifies any weapon Brynhilde is holding to have anti-defensive properties.
    Herja: Transforms the weapon that Brynhilde is holding into a pseudo-Broken Phantasm that will shatter upon impact, releasing a burst of magical energy akin to an explosion.
    Reginleif: Increases AGI one stage. Cannot be used in conjunction with Thrud or Hervor alvitr.
    Thrud: Increases STR one stage. Cannot be used in conjunction with Reginleif or Hervor alvitr.
    Hervör alvitr: Increases MGI one stage. Cannot be used in conjunction with Reginleif or Thrud.
    Herfjötur: The mist forms a series of chains that bind an enemy's feet. Naturally, the chains are on fire. Because I said so.

Choosers of the Slain, Misty Raider
    Anti-Unit, B
    The unique mist that embodies the domain of the valkyries, which they were said to ride upon high in the clouds. Choosers of the Slain's true form is that of a mobile Bounded Field, however Brynhilde prefers to shape the mist into a weapon of her choosing, solidify it, and use it to fight. Weapons created from Choosers of the Slain can only be blocked by Noble Phantasms with powerful blessings or curses.

Choosers of the Slain, Bright Battle: Brynhilde
    Anti-Unit, A++ (This was originally EX because I was too lazy to think how high it should be ranked)
    The true usage of Chooser's of the Slain, Misty Raider. Brynhilde's own personal usage for the ability, to activate this ability Brynhilde must speak her own name, which means "Bright Battle." Brynhilde forms her mist into a spear, leaps high into the air, and launches the weapon downward, directly into the earth below her. Mist pours out of the location of the spear, spreading until it consumes both herself and her target, creating a dome that traps Brynhilde and one specified enemy inside of the Bounded Field. Once the Bounded Field is deployed it has no prana upkeep, but cannot be taken down until one of the two combatants inside of the field is dead.

While inside of the fully deployed Bounded Field Brynhilde's Divinity (A) is restored, her stats increased to their true rank, and her original divine armaments are restored. Her spear is no longer solidified mist, but rather a divine construct, covered in flames. Her armor is restored, turning from an ordinary metallic grey into a radiant silver, as well as her dress changing from a deep brown to a beautiful white, and her hair changing to a splendid golden shade. All of Brynhilde's magecraft is unsealed inside of the Bounded Field.

I also didn't really bother with typing up a Nasu version of the myth, nor did I include a personality, though I do have both in my head.

Blog Entries
    Its not bad. In fact, it is much better than my own initial draft on Brynhild. I just don't think it was much of a point into making Valkyrian Sorcery and Misty Raider into NP. In my opinion, you could have simply made them into minor, nameless abilities that Brynhild inherently has as a Heroic Spirit (much like Medusa's capacity to summon the Pegasus).

Blog Entries
    Actually I was following a guideline for an RP profile, so I had a cap for personal skills, otherwise Valkyrian Sorcery would be a skill. And looking at it now, I could bundle Valkyrian Sorcery and Misty Raider into one package, rather than being two separate NPs.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wait, 5 skills...
    Was this for EXTRA?
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Wait, 5 skills...
    Was this for EXTRA?
    It wasn't for EXTRA, but it did use the same profile layout as EXTRA. I just did this because I needed an excuse to not work on an EXTRA post.

llolololo

I like this shit.

I'd love to use her in DC, if you approve. Except for face claim. She lack sexy.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post
    I like this shit.

I'd love to use her in DC, if you approve. Except for face claim. She lack sexy.
    I'd be honored!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post
    I like this shit.

Yuri harem <3
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Um, mine is a bit boring...

True name: El Cid
    Class: Saber
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Mental image: Solid Snake in chainmail

Parameters

STR B ██████ ██████ ██████ ██████ ██████
    AGI B ██████ ██████ ██████ ██████ ██████
    CON B ██████ ██████ ██████ ██████ ██████
    MGI D ██████ ██████ ██████ ██████ ██████
    LCK A ██████ ██████ ██████ ██████ ██████

Skills

Magic Resistance
    C

Cancel spells with a chant below two verses.
    Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Riding
    B

Most vehicles can be handled with expert skill.
    Cannot ride Phantasm Race level creatures.
    Cannot summon his original warhorse Babieca either.

Battle Continuation
    A

Makes possible to fight even with deadly injuries and can remain alive so long as one does not receive a decisive fatal wound.
    Legend says that he won his last battle as a dead man.

Military tactics
    A

The ability to choose when and how to battle. More suited to large-scale warfare than individual combat.
    At this rank, it becomes a near-prescient ability to judge the risk of a particular maneuver.
    This is the origin of his nickname, which can be roughly translated as "Lord of the Battlefield".

Charisma
    C

Suitable for a great warlord.
    He kept his army even after being banished, twice.

Noble Phantasm

Colada
    Prize Sword of the Christian King

C

A silver-colored Toledo longsword.
    A holy sword with the relic of a Saint embedded in its pommel.
    Originally the ancestral sword of the Count-Kings of Barcelona,
    who paid it as ransom after being captured in battle.

It can turn "an attack which would kill the bearer" into "an attack that halves the current HP of the bearer".
    However, each time the sword is used in this way, it may break depending on the result of a Luck check.
    Moreover, because the MP cost is high, it can't be used repeatedly without backup from the Master.

As a passive ability, it also makes the bearer immune to critical hits.
    Because of his cautious nature, he favors this sword when facing an unknown enemy.

Tizona
    Prize Sword of the Moor King

B

A lead-colored Damascus longsword.
    A fire demon is said to inhabit this blade.
    This fickle spirit only grants its strength to those it deems worthy.
    Its former owner was the king of Morocco, Bukar, cleaved in two as he tried to flee.

Its true power is "soul burning" that translates to ability damage.
    When activated, in addition to normal damage, each hit decreases all of the target's attributes by one rank.
    This damage takes days to fully heal, even for a Servant.

In sum, it is an efficient weapon that can cripple a dangerous opponent.
    This weapon suits best the crafty tactics of the former mercenary captain.

Background

The most famous hero in Medieval Spain. A twice disgraced knight who rose again, first as a lord and then as a king.
    Born after the turn of the millenium, Rodrigo spent his early years as a squire under direct service of the Leonese royal house.
    In that era, nobility and kingship weren't a matter of divine right, but a mere question of who could field more troops.

From a very young age, he showed all the marks of a great knight, and was even chosen as the personal champion of the king.
    After years of warring against rival Christian and Andalusi kingdoms, he became famous as a peerless commander.
    However, the murder of King Sancho under suspicious circumstances made him question his loyalties for the first time.
    It was said that Rodrigo forced King Alfonso, Sancho's brother, to swear he hadn't been involved in the crime.

Alfonso was no fool, so he wouldn't discard his best general for only that reason.
    But after some years of prosperity, and conscious of the importance of keeping his few remaining Andalusi allies happy,
    he banished Rodrigo under the accusation of plundering a vassal kingdom.

That was the true start of El Cid's legend.
    Accompanied by a few of his most loyal troops, they effectively became a mercenary army.
    Eventually, they settled under the service of the Andalusi King of Zaragoza.
    Against all odds, they inflicted defeat after defeat upon the neighboring kingdoms.
    It was then that they started calling him al-Sidi, "our lord".

Meanwhile, Alfonso had been expanding his territory by exploiting the rivalries among the Andalusi kingdoms.
    The Andalusi asked for the help of the Almoravids, fierce Muslim warriors from the North of Africa.
    They soon crossed the sea with a great army and inflicted a great defeat on Alfonso's host.

Faced with this formidable threat, Alfonso summoned El Cid back to his service.
    For two years, he fought under the Leonese banner against Almoravids, Andalusis and Catalonians.
    But he failed to win back the king's trust and was banished again after refusing to have his troops join a doomed battle.

This time, however, his whole army, composed of both Christians and Muslims, followed him to exile.
    After a series of battles, he became the dominating power in the Eastern half of Spain.
    This culminated with his conquest of the kingdom of Valencia, which effectively became his own fief.
    It was around this time that he definitely reconciled with Alfonso.
    From then on, he successfully defended his kingdom from the invading Almoravids until his death.

Many other things are said about El Cid, all inevitably surrounded by the halo of legend.
    But even after the centuries, there are a few things one can be sure about.
    The first one is his extreme martial prowess.
    Another one is his extensive education in tactics and politics.
    Another one is the respect and loyalty he commanded in his troops.
    And the last one, a ruthless efficiency that made him the most fearsome enemy.

I wanted to make him a "smart" fighter with both defensive and offensive NPs.
    Therefore, making his two named swords his NPs was a no-brainer.
    The supernatural abilities of the swords are mostly invented, by the way.
    Being a historical hero, I thought I couldn't get away with anything too flashy.

As you see, he isn't too powerful, but quite durable.
    He also has some very annoying special abilities.
    I like the result.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; March 21st, 2013 at 09:18 AM.

Blog Entries
    El Cid is a pretty awesome choice. ^^ I liked the one I saw in the MPII stuff as well, but this is a pretty neat attempt at more of a Diarmuid dual-wield focus. The main hang-up I always had with Cid as a Servant is admittedly that the real world actually still knows where his sword is. But that's not too difficult to hand-wave in a good story (stealing it for use as a catalyst, the one we have on display is a copy, etc.).

The only thing that jars me is that Tizona actually does read as extremely powerful though, much moreso than Colada: if it lowers all attributes by one rank, then it wouldn't be very difficult for him to completely massacre a melee fighter after the first successful hit, because hitting them once makes it easier to hit them twice, and so on. Before very long they'd be E rank in everything for effectively the rest of the war.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maa... personal opinion is that the "casting" side is a bit... overstated with Brynhildr? Considering that your sheet means she is much better then Medea in this aspect, whose entire legend revolves around "big bad sorceress" deal.

I dont know. She always seemed to me as a "Fighter" rather then a Spellcaster. Perhaps give her a lower rank in HSDW? Also, I feel that A+ Mystic Eyes should mean that it is a massive part of your legend (like Cybelle for Medusa is) so maybe tone that down as well?

That is just my personal opinion though. I just feel that to be better in "spellcasting" then Medea, you need to be someone really serious in the "magic" world (Merlin, Solomon, Circe etc).

Blog Entries
    I have to agree with Mellon on this...then again, IIRC, Spinach did say it was rough and maybe OP...
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Part of her legend is about how she is the wisest woman in the world. I could make the argument that such a statement would put her above Medea? Whereas in comparison to someone like Solomon, who obtained all of the wisdom in the world, she probably wouldn't compare in terms of outright smarts, but her Mystic Eyes could level the playing field a little bit if the two fought spell for spell(Though I don't see her ever winning against even a half-assed Solomon sheet). Though you do make a fair point about the Mystic Eyes being really high ranked, but I this is a case of me wanking, and I am far too lazy to go around fixing this and making it balanced. And I don't really see why her rank in HSDW needs a lowering, at least from a logical standpoint(balance-wise I do agree she needs a nerf in those areas), seeing as she's from the Age of the Gods and is THE wisest valkyrie.

Blog Entries
    Except we see that she's easily fooled, or at least she is in one version of the myth. *shrugs*
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Because Medea has such a good track record when it comes to trickery in comparison.