Page 103 of 782 FirstFirst ... 3539398101102103104105108113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Rider's 171cm or so, yeah. 5'8''. 180cm is about 5'11''.
    What? 5'8" is like, an inch and a half taller than me (and I am considered the runt amongst the men on both sides of my family). My dad is taller than Rider (hell, he's taller than 5'11") and Nasu thinks that is overdoing it? I somehow always imagined Rider as being at least around 6 ft... Wow. Serves me right for ignoring the measurements and just eyeballing everything.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    What? 5'8" is like, an inch and a half taller than me (and I am considered the runt amongst the men on both sides of my family). My dad is taller than Rider (hell, he's taller than 5'11") and Nasu thinks that is overdoing it? I somehow always imagined Rider as being at least around 6 ft... Wow. Serves me right for ignoring the measurements and just eyeballing everything.
    Rider's height is far above the average height of women in Japan (5'2'') and one inch above the average height of men in Japan (5'7''). Some cultural perspective for you.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Rider's height is far above the average height of women in Japan (5'2'') and one inch above the average height of men in Japan (5'7''). Some cultural perspective for you.
    Actually, the "average height" Nasu likely used was from another study, which gave the M/F average height at 5'5'' and 5'0'', respectively - hence why animu girls are always so short. I've found more results given as 5'0'' feet for the average height of a Japanese woman.

Amusingly enough, even Irisviel is about the same height as Rin (5'2''), Aoi is around 5'3'', and Medea is 5'4''.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Actually, the "average height" Nasu likely used was from another study, which gave the M/F average height at 5'5'' and 5'0'', respectively - hence why animu girls are always so short. I've found more results given as 5'0'' feet for the average height of a Japanese woman.

Amusingly enough, even Irisviel is about the same height as Rin (5'2''), Aoi is around 5'3'', and Medea is 5'4''.
    Ah, I guess that only reinforces the point. For Nasu, 5'8'' is pretty damn tall. At 6'4'' this makes me feel super awesome.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would have lulzed so hard if Shirou had summoned her instead of Arturia. Just the mental image of Gilgamesh raging as one of his best swords is warped right out of his treasury into the hands of someone he defeated/looks down on! The only problem is, Gilgamesh would likely notice her summoning immediately (I don't doubt he has some way of keeping stock of everything in the Gate) and there is no way in hell he wouldn't react immediately to the blatant theft of one of his treasures from right out of his Gate. That would be more insulting to him than a Faker.
    Actually, didn't Gil say he has so much crap in there he in fact does not really know each and every single of his treasures? I'm of the thought he has so much stuff he wouldn't notice until he saw the sword in another person's hand. Besides, it's a sword he cannot even use, so less reason for him to keep track of it.

But anyway, now comes the Servant nobody even noticed when I posted it in the other thread. Maybe I should give him Presence Concealment...

JURAJ JÁNOŠÍK

Servant: Archer

Height: 171 cm
    Weight: 79 kg

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Appearance: A young man that must be acknowledged as charming in spite (and maybe even because) of his rough features: messy, long, curly black hair and very dark, almost black, brown eyes, plus an eternal two-days-old beard. He wears a thick green blouse, tight red and white breeches and unusually shiny and clean black boots. A high, cylindrical cloth hat richly embroidered with gold lace and decorated with mussel shells adorns his head, its color black like his boots. His main weapon is the traditional Slavic walking stick with an axe head suitable for both throwing and melee—the ciupaga—, but he also carries two pistols and a dozen throwing knives.

Strength D --> C+*
    Endurance C
    Agility C --> B+*
    Magic D
    Luck C
    Noble Phantasm C+
    * Parameter modifications due to the effect of his Noble Phantasm (see below).

Class Skills:
    * Independent Action: The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the prana supply from the Master.
    A – Can remain in this world for three days without a Master even while constantly providing prana to his Noble Phantasm. If he disables it, the time increases to one week.
    * Magic Resistance: Grants protections against magical effects.
    D – Cancels Single-Action spells. Archer only receives minor resistance due to having none of his own and no magical talent whatsoever.

Personal Skills:
    * Charisma: The natural talent to command an army. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. A rare talent.
    D – Capability to inspire his small band of allies in spite of the odds. Morale is unaffected by external factors.
    * Projectile (Knives): The expertise for throwing projectile weapons; in this case, knives.
    B+ – Thrown projectile weapons are now comparable to bullets. Bonus to accuracy when aiming to incapacitate rather than kill.
    * Protection of the Fairies: A blessing from Elementals; the capacity to increase one's Luck in dangerous situations. Activation is limited to battlefields, where it is possible to perform feats of arms.
    B – Archer is allowed an unmodified Luck roll at the beginning of every combat encounter. Success activates this skill and provides rank-up to his Luck stat.

Noble Phantasms:
    * Janosikove Trojica – For the Awe of One is the Dread of Another
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 0
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

The three magical gifts bestowed upon Janosik by either fairies or goddesses, depending on the source. Their powers allowed Juro Janosik to become the most admired and reviled highwayman of Eastern Europe: the belt that, as long as it is worn, grants him rank-up to Strength and then doubles the result; the green blouse that nullifies all physical damage of rank lower or equal to his Luck parameter; and the ciupaga—walking stick—which grants the same benefit as the belt to his Agility stat and also works as a throwing axe. All parameter increases are included in the values shown above. Despite being three items they are considered a single Noble Phantasm, and the destruction of one would automatically destroy the other two as well.

Background:
    The popular folk hero of Slovakia, also known as the Slovak Robin Hood. Despite being nothing but a common thief and highwayman, he has tremendous popularity even in modern times, and his legend has inspired many folk songs, ballads, stories and poems.

Juro (or George in English) was born on January 25, 1688 to Martin and Anna in a small farm in the highlands near Terchová. Even as a child, he was painfully aware of the oppressive nature of rule of the kingdom of Hungary under the rule of the Austrian Habsburgs. The Slovaks, a minority in that territory, were nothing but slaves subjected to the whims of the unscrupulous nobility. Alone in the face of abuse, poverty and plague, the Slovak people lived an endless hell of discontent and desperation.

Juro joined the insurgents led by Francis II Rákóczi at the age of fifteen. Five years later, he participated in the Battle of Trencsén in which Rákóczi’s forces suffered a terrible defeat, marking the beginning of the end for his ill-fated rebellion. After that battle, Juro was captured and then recruited by the Habsburg army. He was sent to Bytcianski Castle as a prison guard, where he befriended a brigand held captive there, Tomáš Uhorčík, and later helped him escape. Juro was eventually ransomed out of the army by his parents. It is at this point when his historical records step into the realm of the legendary.

It is said that the local lord showed up at the Janosik farm to ‘recruit’ men to work in his fields. At that time, however, Juro’s mother was in the throes of death by illness, and her husband did not wish to leave her side. The furious, heartless lord then killed the woman on the spot and then flogged Juro’s father to death for his disobedience. It was this event, it seems, that led Juro to make the decision to become a highwayman against the rich and the powerful. Wandering through the Carpathian highlands in his search for men of similar thoughts, he met with three fairies (or goddesses, according to some accounts) and earned their favor. He was gifted with the magical tools that would cement his status as the strongest of brigands.

He eventually met Tomáš Uhorčík’s group, and became their leader when Uhorčík left them due to old age. This was in 1711. While his actions as a brigand were not completely altruistic, it is true that he distributed the riches he stole among the poor. It is also true that he was chivalrous and merciful, even to his victims—Juro Janosik never killed another person in his life.

He was first captured at Klenovce in the autumn of 1712. He escaped and continued his bandit ways, but was captured again in the summer of the next year. Different tales give different names to the ally who betrayed him by taking away his magical tools: some sources claim it was Gajdosik, a member of his band; while some claim it was an ex-girlfriend who later fell in love with Joseph Lehotsky, Captain of Liptov’s police force. In his trial he was accused of many things beyond the robberies he actually committed, such as murder and heresy. Juro calmly accepted his guilt for the things he did, but determinedly refused the false accusations and succeeded at proving his innocence. In the end, no crime other than highway robbery was proved against Janosik. Furthermore, apparently he had gained a pardon from the Austro-Hungarian emperor after promising to join his army and recruit four whole regiments for him. If anything, his punishment should have been torture before being dispatched to the emperor. However, Juro Janosik was too loved by the populace, and too hated by the local nobles. He was executed on March 17, 1713, in a particularly cruel way: a sharp hook pierced through his left side, and then he was left hanging on the rack until he died. His death was mourned not only by the people he had helped, but by the forests and mountains themselves: the babbling brooks became silent; the animals in the forest ceased their activity momentarily in silent tribute to their departed hero. A sudden hush came over all, and his many friends, far and near, were overcome by sorrow at his passing.

He is remembered as a merry man, fond of women, music and booze. He is remembered as a knife thrower of peerless prowess. Most of the treasure he stole and kept to himself was never found. While his name has assimilated many tales and myths of heroes taking from the rich and giving to the poor throughout Eastern Europe, Juro Janosik was the real thing, and if anything that’s enough reason for him to stand above all the nameless highwaymen.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; January 14th, 2013 at 05:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    ^Obscurer and obscurer, as Alice would say (then again she and I aren't Slovakian). Nevertheless, I'd have to say that Juraj is my second personal favourite sheet of yours, with Tatterhood coming in first (though Enmebaragesi's up there too). Wish I could just say more, I'm not really good at praising without sounding kinda generic about it.

Speaking of Alice, someone ought to go the whole hog and write up Lewis Carroll as Caster (or perhaps Saber, if you have something with the Vorpal Sword in mind. Might even qualify as a kind of Berserker, seeing how out-there Wonderland is).

Here's a rather scrappy attempt at someone else from me:

"Weird Al" Yankovic

Class:
    Caster(?), maybe some weird kind of Archer.

Alignment: Chaotic Good.

Stats

Strength (E) *****
    Endurance (E+++) *****
    Agility (E) *****
    Magic (E) *****
    Luck (A-) *****

Noble Phantasms

Vitus ~ Essence of Parody (Always one Rank lower than the original NP, Support)

Allows him to create 'parodies' of any Servant's Noble Phantasm, on the condition that he gains permission from the original Servant (in Berserker's case, one "RRRAAAAGGHH!"means yes, two "RRRAAAAGGHH!"s mean no).

Indivisible Air

A Bounded Field that shrouds his accordion in math formulas.

Delusional Heartburn

Creates an image of his enemy's heart, then shoots food at it coming out from his accordion. The only way to avoid this is to have a high enough Appetite Ranking.

Nine Likes

Creates a computer that simultaneously allows him to thumbs up any YouTube or Facebook rating nine times.

Via Indigestio

A trampling attack that if left rampant for long enough (i.e. the closer it gets to the 10 minute mark in songtime) allows for an entire city to be smothered in food.

Unlimited Polka Works ~ Essence of Accordion (Rank A, varying)

After obtaining permission from enough Servants, he can instead use multiple NPs in their unchanged (word-wise anyway) form, stringing them together in one continuous barrage. However each NP can only last a limited amount of time, never being played for their full duration (Gate of Rhapsody excepted).

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    *snip*
    Pretty neat, though I can see multiple problems with him already. Never killed anyone? Does he maintain that attitude even in the Grail War? For that matter, what is his wish?

Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    *snip*
    It was lame, but I laughed anyway... which I guess means you nailed Weird Al spot on! Good job! *uses Nine Likes*

Blog Entries
    Nine Likes was my favourite. Bypassing reality for the sake of social networking, so lulzy.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alright, once more, it's time for the KICK-ASS!

SIR YWAIN (Owain mab Urien)

Servant: Rider

Height: 176 cm
    Weight: 71 kg

Alignment: Lawful Good

Appearance: A charming young man seemingly in his early twenties, clad in armor of a metallic blue color. His cylindrical helmet covers light chestnut brown hair that would naturally make curls if he let it grow longer. He has a square face with a sharply defined jawbone, but his stern expression contrasts with the natural warmth of his honey-colored eyes.

Strength B
    Endurance C
    Agility A
    Magic C
    Luck C
    Noble Phantasm A

Class Skills:
    * Magic Resistance: Grants protection against magical effects.
    C – Cancels spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumatugy and Greater rituals.
    * Riding: Expertise to ride animals and vehicles.
    A – All creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts.

Personal Skills:
    * Animal Dialogue: Communication of intention with animals that don’t speak a “language of words”.
    EX – Ywain possesses no talent for understanding animals. It is his bond with his loyal companion which has made them one in thought and feeling. They can communicate flawlessly without need for words or even gestures.
    * Bravery: The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination.
    B- – Bonus effect of increasing melee damage, but only when fighting together with Rodin.
    * Guardian Knight: Temporarily raises defensive power when protecting others.
    B – Ywain never refused a request for assistance and could always be counted on to defend those in distress.

Noble Phantasms:
    ar yr un tir
    A Fair Game on a Clean Chessboard

Range: 1-15

The ultimate equalizer. Ywain’s expression as a knight of justice and righteousness, which can only tolerate fairness in battle. The power which allowed him to match Gawain even at the hour of the day when he is strongest; the same power which ensured his Ravens could enact retribution on the army of King Arthur with equal measure, and which ensured that his lion companion would always assist him in disadvantageous situations.

Upon choosing a target and invoking the name of the Noble Phantasm, Ywain establishes a connection between the two comparable to a magical contract. As long as the Noble Phantasm remains activated, neither Ywain nor his target can gain any advantage over the other. Basically, if one of them gain a boost or a reduction to any of his Parameters for whatever reason, the other receives the exact same boost or reduction. This extends not only to the two opponent’s bodies; the contract includes a form of destiny interference that ensures that their battle can only be resolved by individual skill. Any and all advantages that could be gained from the environment are shared with the other, or simply cease to exist if sharing is not possible. Even if an ally of one of the two shows up to assist, the flow of events ensures that he cannot do so, most likely by having an ally of the other show up as well--in the case of Ywain suddenly finding himself alone against two opponents, it may even forcefully invoke his second Noble Phantasm. In this case, the effect of “equalization” extends to the two allies, connecting them in the same way Ywain is connected to his chosen opponent. Do note that the Noble Phantasm does not equalize Ywain’s and his opponent’s Parameters upon activation. If there was a clear, significant difference between them, this difference will be ensured by the contract to remain absolutely unchanged.

While the initial invocation of the Noble Phantasm cannot be defend against, it is possible to stop the effect by subjecting Ywain to any kind of supernatural mental interference. For as long as he is afflicted, ar yr un tir will cease to function.

Rodin
    Noble and Valorous Companion Beast

Range: 0

No other knight can claim to have a companion as loyal and devoted as Ywain’s lion, for there are not many fetters in this world stronger than a noble animal’s gratitude. Neither his might nor the sharpness of his claws and fangs can compare to the greatness of his service; the lion’s legend was born not of its prowess in battle, but from its relentless devotion and dedication to protect the one it cherishes more than its own life. It is this love that transcends instinct and chivalry which has been immortalized in narrative, and transformed the beastly companion into a Heroic Spirit no less impressive than its human lord.

Rodin has no great supernatural powers besides the physical prowess common to all Servants. However, the morale boost instilled by his very presence grants Ywain a rank-up to his Endurance and Luck Parameters. He attacks just like any other lion: pouncing with his front legs, shredding flesh with his claws and ripping with his long fangs. He has rank B in Strength, rank C in Endurance and rank D in Agility, as well as rank E in Independent Action—meaning he can fight for 30 turns whenever summoned by Ywain—and rank B in Instinct. It is unknown whether Rodin possesses a Noble Phantasm of his own. In any case, Ywain’s limitations would make it impossible for the lion to manifest its greatest skill, should it have one.

Background
    A composite Heroic Spirit, based on a real figure but distorted by the collective of legends and feats attributed to his likeness throughout the Middle Ages. The famous “Knight with the Lion” from the Matter of Britain, and proud member of King Arthur’s Round Table. A man whose legend was built around the conflict between his undying love and his undeniable sense of righteousness and chivalry. Spurned by his wife for choosing to undertake knightly adventures instead of staying by her side, the broken-hearted Ywain distanced himself from his home and his fellow knights to wander aimlessly and hopelessly. However, his was a life with a destiny of greatness, and soon enough he found himself mounted and armed once more to fight for the sake of the weak. With his eternal companion, the lion he saved from a monstrous serpent, Ywain defeated many villains and saved many people under the guise of “The Knight with the Lion”, including the very woman who had scorned him.

He was a man who carried no ill will. Even after he was rejected, his love never faltered, and he acknowledged he was truly and fault and definitely the one to blame for his wife’s scorn. Even now, he carries no wish other than writing more pages of his legend and engaging in further heroics with his leonine companion.

Keywords
    Noble Phantasms – If summoned within the British Isles, Ywain would also gain the rank D ring-type Noble Phantasm, Lunete, named after the damsel who saved his life in their first meeting and served him most faithfully her entire life. The ring grants Ywain a bonus to his Armor Class and the ability to become invisible at will, for a time proportional to the amount of prana spent upon activation.

Rodin – The original text of Chrétien de Troyes’ “Ywain” does not give a name to the knight’s animal companion. The name “Rodin” is likely a reference to Auguste Rodin (1840-1917), recognized as the father of modern sculpture. Rodin did not create many sculptures of animals, but one of them is the famous “Wounded Lion”, renowned for its meticulous depiction of the animal’s anatomy. In his teenage years, Rodin studied under the aegis of the great French animalier, Antoine-Louis Barye, whose sculptures of animals in motion strongly influenced Rodin’s work.

The Knight with the Lion – After saving a lion from the maw of a fire-breathing serpent, Ywain gained a loyal companion for life. Strangely enough, Ywain is not in the habit of actually riding the lion. However, the bond between the knight and the magical beast is potent enough for the Grail to conceptualize Rodin as Ywain’s steed and allow Ywain to be summoned as Servant Rider.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; January 16th, 2013 at 12:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    On the subject of knights, let me switch the spotlight to Carolingian myth, with a certain Saracen. Though, I've always found Ywain's lion steed amusing, because I've always imagined him actually riding it. Sort of like how I imagine El Cid having dual-wielded his swords.

--------------------

Servant: Ruggiero
    Class: Rider/Lancer/Saber
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

Background: Ruggiero, of the Carolingian series of myths, was a Saracen knight who initially fought against the armies of Christendom and is noted to be a descendent of both Hector of Troy and Alexander the Great.

Ruggiero was raised an orphan, his mother having died in childbirth. His foster father was the African wizard Atlante - not at all to be confused with the Greek huntress Atalante - who raised Ruggiero in Libya. Atlante reads in the Book of Fates that Ruggiero is fated to either marry the female, Christian knight Bradamante and father a line of impressive heroes, but end up betrayed and killed shortly thereafter, or continue fighting as a Saracen and lead to the downfall of the mighty Frankish Empire. Being protective of his adopted son, Atlante keeps Ruggiero hidden away in an iron castle atop Africa's Mount Carena.

Another prophecy arose, which stated that the African king Agramante's invasion of France would be catastrophically doomed if Ruggiero was not fighting alongside them. Of course, Ruggiero was impossible to be found, as he was away in an invisible castle on a mountain. It just so happened that the daughter of the king of India, Angelica, had a magical ring that could break through Atlante's enchantments,, and the thief Brunello retrieved the ring and gave it to king Agramante. Ruggiero was lured outside by the promise of knightly tournaments, and he subsequently became champion of the tourney and was made one of Agramante's knights.

When Ruggiero was sent to France to fight the Frankish forces at Montalban, he fought against the Franks alongside the Saracen king and general Rodomonte. Renauld and Roland, both famous champions, each fought equally with Ruggiero, but each duel ended as a draw. What was most important in this event, though, is that Ruggiero chanced upon Renauld's sister, the Bradamante, of whom the prophecies spoke. Ruggiero knew not of the prophecy, and fell in love with Bradamante, who also fell in love with Ruggiero.

After that, Atlante captured Ruggiero once again, holding him in a castle. It is there that Orlando Innamorato ends, and Orlando Furioso, the second half of the tale, begins. Bradamante rescued her lover from the castle, and then Ruggiero is flown off on the back of a magical hippogriff, taking the shield of Atlante with him.

The hippogriff took him all the way to somewhere around India, where on an island he fell for the sorcery of the woman Alcina, who kept him enthralled with her magic. Another sorceress, however, named Melissa, came to rescue him from Alcina, and then Ruggiero flew away on the hippogriff to rescue the princess Angelica from the beginning of the story, finally not being a damsel in distress himself. He killed the sea-serpent attacking her, and then returned home to be named a Christian so that he could marry Bradamante.

The final act of the story has Rodomonte, the proud Saracen king, speak out against Ruggiero, naming him a traitor and challenging him to a duel. The men first fight on horses, and Rodomonte is quickly defeated, and their combat continues on foot. Despite the strength of Rodomonte, Ruggiero is the better fighter and kills Rodomonte, defeating the prophecy lain on him by the Book of Fates. He has a son with Bradamante, and Ruggiero goes on to have many even more impressive adventures.

Ruggiero is a Servant that fights not with powerful Noble Phantasms but instead his own martial skill, utilizing many different magical weapons bestowed upon him. In that way, he is similar to the Greek hero Perseus who also saved a woman from a sea serpent while on a flying steed.

Class Skills:

Riding – A+

Magic Resistance - E

Personal Skills:

Eye of the Mind (False) – B

Disengage – B (at this rank, the Servant can escape a battle so long as they are not immediately being attacked, and half of the magical energy they expended in the battle is returned upon their retreat. Forcing the opponent to retreat or killing them offers no bonuses.)

Knight of Christendom – C (provides a ward against most curses as well as increasing defence, so long as the Servant is fighting in the name of Christendom and does not go against the virtues of chivalry.)

Noble Phantasm(s):

Hippogriff – Spawn of Mare and Monster – A
    Anti-Unit

This Hippogriff is the steed of Ruggiero, taken from Atlante, the African wizard who held Ruggiero captive for fear that the man would cause the downfall by prophecy of the Saracen empire.

The creature itself is a Monstrous Beast, and is imbued with Atlante's potent magecraft. This Hippogriff is, in fact, the first known example of its kind, and is a loyal and intelligent creature, lacking the fierce nature of a griffon. However, it is still very willing to do battle for its rider, and fights well with its teeth and its claws. It is said to be able to travel as fast as lightning, and as per the standard it can fly through the air. Though it lacks age and innate strength, Atlante reinforced it with his magical spells, making it an especially powerful Monstrous Beast, and one definitely notable for being the first Hippogriff. Ruggiero must call the creature's name in order to summon it to his side.

Bradamante – The Lance of Jousting's Pride - D
    Anti-Unit

Nominally used by other heroes, this lance is known best as the magical weapon of Bradamante, Ruggiero's Christian lover. However, after their fateful duel under the eyes of the sorceress Melissa, Bradamante gifted this lance to Ruggiero, who subsequently used it to knock the betrayer Rodomonte from his horse. Its original owner was Astolfo, who lent it to Bradamante. She never actually ended up giving it back, but it didn't matter because Astolfo got a really cool chariot later on to make up for it.

The power of the lance itself is primarily to unhorse whomever the lance touches, downing them from their mount. It has no other properties.

Vulcan Steel – Hector's Honoured Armour – A+
    Support

The most ancient and prized possession of Ruggiero, this is the armour of Hector himself. It was forged by Vulcan, the god of smiths, and is one of a few ancient relics remaining in the days of chivalry. Compared to other magical items of the time, this armour is remarkably powerful, mostly due to its relative age. This armour, antiquated and bronze in style, is slightly faded but is immensely strong.

Its protective power is twofold: the first is in the armour's base protection, which is enough to reduce the rank of any incoming attack by one. The second is to stop a definitively fatal blow; this can be done three times, and after the third the armour breaks and cannot be used. On the whole, of course, the armour is very sturdy, and it covers most of Ruggiero's body, which includes his helmet. In Orlando Furioso, the blows of the strong Saracen warrior Rodomonte, which were said to be as powerful as two heavy ships crashing together, were blocked by the sheer power of the magical armour.

However, there are also two weaknesses to the armour: the Spear of Achilles and the Sword of Hector (also known as Durendal) both ignore the two protective elements of the armour, and can freely strike through unimpeded, as if the armour was nothing but ordinary steel.

Balisard – The Fay Blade - B
    Anti-Unit

Forged and enchanted by none other than the famed witch Morgan le Fay, created specifically to kill the paladin Roland, and built so that no spell or armour could withstand its blade.

While its blade is sharp and it has a decent amount of fame, Balisard mainly operates as a method for Ruggiero to deal with the problems resulting from fighting spellcasters: any sort of magical enhancement, projection or spell that comes into contact with the sword is immediately nullified, unless it is extremely powerful. Of course, any spell that is to be destroyed must actually come into contact with Balisard, meaning that Ruggiero has to make extensive use of his reflexes and fighting ability in order to make the sword's power effective if he wants to destroy fireballs or something similar to that.

In addition, Balisard pierces through most armour, primarily if that armour is made from prana (since such is nullified by the sword's innate power) or belongs to Roland, paladin of Charlemagne.

The final benefit of the sword is to grant Ruggiero the Protection of the Fairies skill at B-rank, but only when he is in battle and is actively wielding Balisard.

Carena – Sorcerer’s Iron Rock – C+
    Anti-Army

Carena is a magical shield created by the wizard Atlante and later taken by Ruggiero. It carries the same enchantment as the iron castle built by the same man; that is, those who look upon it will be blinded by bright light, and the magical effects will render them incapacitated for some time, based on their Magic Resistance. Normally, it is covered by a white cloth, but when this cloth is removed, the effects are applied. The cloth seems to burn off when commanded, and then returns after the battle in which it is used. This effect applies only once per battle, and as soon as the opponent looks at the shield.

With a burst of magical power, Ruggiero can call out the full enchantment of the castle by saying the shield's name and letting the cloth burn off. This use of the Noble Phantasm expands the incapacitation and blindness effect to a wide, Anti-Army scale, letting out a blast of light. This emits enough force to knock some weaker foes off balance, and just as the castle of Atlante was invisible, Ruggiero gains temporary invisibility, which is naturally invalidated by the ability to see things are are invisible, or by resisting the incapacitation.

The progression of resistance to the shield's effects is based on Magic Resistance:

Rank A or Higher – No incapacitation, but the light is still difficult to look at.
    Rank B – Stunned and blinded for two seconds.
    Rank C – Stunned and blinded for four seconds.
    Rank D or Lower – Stunned and blinded for six seconds, and also knocked off-balance.

Against stronger opponents, the shield is best used as a magical smokebomb of sorts, getting Ruggiero out of danger, aided by his Disengage skill.

Stats:

Strength - C
    Agility - A
    Magic - B
    Luck - B
    Endurance – C+
    Noble Phantasm - B+

---------------------

The main idea behind this was to create a Servant with a lot of general-use, utility Noble Phantasms, sort of like Perseus. Rather than using massive beams and super attacks, Ruggiero uses his wits to win, as well as his skills. Balisard effectively works like a slightly stronger Gae Dearg, I guess.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    Re Updated List: Hrmmm, I do believe I explicitly called my version of St. George a Lancer... for what little was there, admittedly.

Now this is one I've really been looking forward to: my reworking of Medea as Rider. I persopnally think she suits the Class better than Caster, as she was more of a druggist than a spell-slinger, with even the TYPE-MOON wiki saying that she had never really casted spells before (though now we've got playwrights and mirror selves becoming Casters, so who am I to judge?).

Spoiler:
    Medea, Princess of Earth's End (Servant Rider)

Stats
    Strength (D) ~~~~~
    Endurance (C) ~~~~~
    Agility (B) ~~~~~
    Magic (A-) ~~~~~
    Luck (E) ~~~~~

(What I did was compare Medea's stats with the Caster base's, then imposed them on the Rider base's. Still gave her a high Magic Rank, if reduced because of Class)

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (E)

Magic damage cannot be nullified, yet is still reduced somewhat.

As a being so immersed in the use of magic, possessing an ability to block it out would come off as paradoxical, or at least hypocritical.

Riding (A+)

Creatures of a Divine level are able to be ridden, if with a little godly intervention.

Personal Abilities

Divinity (B+)

Daughter opf a minor goddess and granddaughter of the Titan of the Sun.

Witchcraft (A+)

Based on her original Magic Rank. The knowledge of ancient Witchcraft, raised to such a level gained under of the tutelage of the Goddess Hekate herself.

(High-Speed Divine Words doesn't carry over, as her magical powers are now executed in a different fashion, described below)

~ Noble Phantasms ~

Hecat Trimorphe ~ Priestess of Poison (Rank B, Anti-Personnel)

Used multiple times in her legend, for example with the dress for Princess Glauce and the cup intended for Theseus, this is the ability to turn any item she touches into a drug [strike]so it's like wielding The Seventies as a NP[/strike], though this will not work on items that already have magical effects placed on them, like other NPs. The most common 'drug' used is Poison, as its title suggests, but she can also induce status effects like Sleep or even beneficial effects like Fire Resistance.

Once the effect is placed on the item, it's automatically inflicted upon the next person, Servant, Magus or Human, who touches that item (obvious by now that this NP was inspired off of Killer Queen from JJBA Part 4, though nerfed). Medea is naturally immune to her own NP, though that also means she can't place any of the positive status effects in her repertoire upon herself, which does fit in with the (INITIALLY) supportive role she played in her legend.

Golden Fleece ~ The Right To Rule (Rank Varies, Support)

Though it was technically Jason who made his way through the three trials to obtain the Golden Fleece, this was only because of the assistance Medea provided, making her the true inheritor of the Golden Fleece.

Wreathed in the shimmering radiance of the Fleece, it bestows upon Medea the skill Charisma, which she would otherwise lack. Not only that, but it also makes it that her Charisma is always one Rank above any opponent she happens to be facing, or allied Servant she happens to be with, whichever's higher (if none of either have a Rank in it then it will only be E, not something you'd really want).

(Alternatively it could just summon the ram the Fleece originally belonged to, whih would fit in more with the Rider class, but I think this idea is more creative)

Helios Megistos ~ Chariot of the Unconquered Sun (Rank A+++, Anti-Fortress)

The reason she's been summoned as Rider, this is the dragon-pulled chariot granted to her by her grandfather Helios. Yet keeping in line with Medea's lack of Dragon-summoning capacity, she cannot call upon this NP herself. Instead it must be given to her by Helios from above at the very moment when she faces a crises equal or greater to when she originally used it: to escape from Corinth after her brutal sabotage of Jason's wedding and death of her children.

The chariot descends from above in a ray of blazing light, even if there is no sun around to produce it. As well as the extreme heat naturally emitted by the chariot, each of the four dragons tethered to it breathe out not your typical fire, but rather shining blasts of pure sunlight, almost akin to solar flares some might say.

(Ranked A+++ due to, y'know, Dragons and divine intervention)

Decided to not bother to write up a history, I mean we should all know Medea by now anyway don't we? But anyway, who's the 'lowest-ranking, maybe middle-ranking if not for her inability' Servant now, huh?

(I like this font)

Re Daneel Rush: Also, Ywain's Bran NP, totally no similarities effect-wise to the NP Peristeria I gave Semiramis, right? ...Right?

...RIGHT?!?!?!?!?

Blog Entries
    as she was more of a druggist than a spell-slinger
    Potions and plants are what pass for spells in ancient Greece (so long as you want someone to use their own power and not invoke the gods). Even the odd rituals various other cultures have had to create magical effects weren't really a thing.

To demonstrate: φάρμακον [p-harmakon] is the word for a drug 'whether healing or noxious'. From this we get pharmacy and pharmaceuticals (both of which dropped the negative side as they crossed languages). Now, let me see what words we might have that share the same root in Greek:

πολυφάρμακος: knowing many drugs or charms ... Κίρκη [Circe] Od. 10.276, of Medea A.R. 3.27

παμφάρμακος: skilled in all charms or drugs, of Medea Pi. P.4.233

φαρμακίς: sorceress, witch

φάρμακος: poisoner, sorceror, magician

φάρμαξις: medical treatment; witchery; = Latin veneficium ('The use of magical arts, sorcery; a potent substance, a philtre or similar; the act of poisoning, a poisonous substance, poison')

All definitions according to current Lidell and Scott Greek-English Lexicon and the Oxford Latin Dictionary.
    Last edited by Seika; May 26th, 2012 at 07:32 AM.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

US Friend Code
    If you somehow forced Iskandar into Berserker class,

Ionioi Hetairoi :
    Gives Iskandar the combined might of his army through a reality marble inside his body, manifesting on his stats. As he has the strength of his army through a reality marble, it need not be said that the master would also need to power the reality marble if this is activated.
    Type : Support Noble Phantasm
    Range : -
    Maximum Target : -

/Trololol.
    Last edited by TetsuoS2; May 26th, 2012 at 08:23 AM.
    何処に行くの

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Re Daneel Rush: Also, Ywain's Bran NP, totally no similarities effect-wise to the NP Peristeria I gave Semiramis, right? ...Right?

...RIGHT?!?!?!?!?
    Funny you would say that. Daneel actually made that 2 days before your Semiramis in the other thread.

He is just now posting it here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skyfish View Post
    A request made from myself to the artists in the fanart thread, Scheherazade. Hope MssrNeko also likes it, if he/she has been on recently.

@Five: Heh, nice job for Ruggiero there. ^^
    Last edited by Lycodrake; November 13th, 2012 at 10:54 PM. Reason: because
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Ruggiero is pretty neat, though given his lore, he really needs a female Master to save him repeatedly from distress. ^^; I like the Noble Phantasms, though, and it does a good job of mimicking the Perseus style. I sort of wish he was able to copy Perseus' silly A / B /C / D /E NP ranking gimmick as well, but that's probably more amusing if it's left as a Perseus-only gimmick. It left me curious what Ruggiero looks like though, especially if he's carrying all that at once, because it makes me imagine a certain overloaded RPG hero.

...Hrm, I wonder if Knight of Christendom is a MPII skill tease.

---

I commented on Ywain in the alt thread, I think, but still fond of him. The Rodin description is just a totally silly giggle since you left open him possibly having his own NP. It'd be neat to see if that developed further in a story or not.

---

Also Scheherazade looks lovely! Skyfish did as pretty a job with the art as MssrNeko did writing the Servant. She was actually one of the Servants who inspired me to register here so I could try making them too, so it's awesome to see her drawn.
    Last edited by Sunny; May 26th, 2012 at 01:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    Ruggiero is pretty neat, though given his lore, he really needs a female Master to save him repeatedly from distress. ^^; I like the Noble Phantasms, though, and it does a good job of mimicking the Perseus style. I sort of wish he was able to copy Perseus' silly A / B /C / D /E NP ranking gimmick as well, but that's probably more amusing if it's left as a Perseus-only gimmick. It left me curious what Ruggiero looks like though, especially if he's carrying all that at once, because it makes me imagine a certain overloaded RPG hero.

...Hrm, I wonder if Knight of Christendom is a MPII skill tease.
    I'm glad you liked him!

And no, Knight of Christendom was blatantly stolen from Spinach (thanks Spin!).

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    *snip*
    Finally got a profile on Ywain and it did not disappoint! Though, his lightning-ravens NP... I don't know. Somehow it just didn't click with me. Kind of wish he had something else, though damned if I know what...

*snip*
    Very nice, Five! Very well balanced Servant, though I thought it was Bradamante who had the blinding shield or did she receive the one Ruggiero used?

*snip*
    I would not have guessed her status effect NP was based on Killer Queen if you hadn't said so. I mean, enchanting your weapon to have a temporary status effect isn't really anything new in RPGS after all. Medea makes for a surprisingly decent Rider. Would love the shenanigans you could get up to with her status effect NP. Just think of the possibilities! Sakura summons her, and she decides to help her Master win her man, by enchanting Sakura's clouse. Sakura goes over to Shirou's place. *Sakura's blouse used "Attract". Shirou was attracted to Sakura!* That mental image got me chuckling good!

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuoS2 View Post
    *snip*
    Wow. I don't know what's scarier. Iskander with the combined strength of his entire army (which should put him in the "mangles Berserker Heracles with his little finger"-tier of strength), or the idea of Iskander's entire army under Mad Enhancement! Brr!

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    *snip*
    Damn, Lyco! Tell skyfish that Scheherazade is gorgeous! She's even better than I pictured her when I first read that Servant profile!

Blog Entries
    Very nice, Five! Very well balanced Servant, though I thought it was Bradamante who had the blinding shield or did she receive the one Ruggiero used?
    Ruggiero took the blinding shield from Atlante, along with the hippogriff. Then Bradamante gave him the lance, and he was all decked-out in monster killing gear.

Ruggiero took the blinding shield from Atlante, along with the hippogriff. Then Bradamante gave him the lance, and he was all decked-out in monster killing gear.
    So Bradamante never had a magic shield and I'm just completely misremembering?