Page 124 of 858 FirstFirst ... 2474114119122123124125126129134174224624 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Than Giong: Rare seeing any Vietnamese heroes around here so this guy's certainly an interesting find. I'd had thoughts of doing a Le Loi sheet for quite a while but could never think of any interesting interpretation of Thuan Thien as an NP, so it's good to see you managed to come up with something creative. The sword as a giant mecha aspect is definitely something I wouldn't have thought of. His second NP is also interesting and sounds like it'd make for some rather epic imagery (especially in conjunction with the first). Having his personality reference Shonen anime and mecha tropes is also a pretty amusing touch. Overall, nice job. I think this might be one of your most creative sheets thus far.
    I disagree. There are interesting things that left unused and the sword is really redundant. He doesn't need it. As a Vietnamese I remembered him the most through out his 2 special feats in his legend and to me not seeing those being utilized here is big misopportunity.

Unused idea 1: The story of every person in his village gathered rice to cook and feed him nonstop. As he kept eating, he went from a baby to a freaking giant teenager. This is an opportunity for an interaction between him and the Japanese hero Tawara no Tota aka Mr. Unlimited Rice Works.

Unused idea 2: The story of his most WTF feat: During the fight against the invaders, his spear (forged at the same time with his mecha horse) broken so he be like "pfft, as if this shit can stop me from advancing". He reached to the side of the road, picked up a bunch of bamboo trees and used them as weapon which were just as effective as the original spear. This can be turned into something like Lancelot's Knight of Honor or Richard's "I can Excalibur with any kind of object" shenanigans. The bamboo is one of the most iconic trees in Vietnamese history and has ties to many legends, which is what made it being the most noticeable thing about his legend. We even had some poems about bamboo being the nation-defender.

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    I disagree. There are interesting things that left unused and the sword is really redundant. He doesn't need it. As a Vietnamese I remembered him the most through out his 2 special feats in his legend and to me not seeing those being utilized here is big misopportunity.

Unused idea 1: The story of every person in his village gathered rice to cook and feed him nonstop. As he kept eating, he went from a baby to a freaking giant teenager. This is an opportunity for an interaction between him and the Japanese hero Tawara no Tota aka Mr. Unlimited Rice Works.

Unused idea 2: The story of his most WTF feat: During the fight against the invaders, his spear (forged at the same time with his mecha horse) broken so he be like "pfft, as if this shit can stop me from advancing". He reached to the side of the road, picked up a bunch of bamboo trees and used them as weapon which were just as effective as the original spear. This can be turned into something like Lancelot's Knight of Honor or Richard's "I can Excalibur with any kind of object" shenanigans.
    The first idea went into making Mecha-Thuan Thien, but I suppose I could change it to account for that.

The second one would just be making him Mech!Lancelot, and I wanted to make it more unique.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatShouldNotBe View Post
    The first idea went into making Mecha-Thuan Thien, but I suppose I could change it to account for that.

The second one would just be making him Mech!Lancelot, and I wanted to make it more unique.
    Him being fed and given tools by many ppl should be something on its own and not grouping into his NP. He also has a heavy metal armor but you also didn't use it. Him turning into giant can easily work out as a terrifying skill like Kingprotea's version but ofc nerfed down to fit a standard servant.

And him using bamboo at weapons is the major factor in his legend, being creative and flexible. Nearly all villages in ancient Vietnam have bamboo surround the area or even bamboo forests. This is the important factor to his victory after his main weapon were broken. It is thanks to this supply that he was able to drive out the invaders from villages to villages and out of the country, and the creation of him was also based on the fact that ancient Vietnamese soldiers are very skilled in making weapons out of bamboo and defeated many enemies with it.

His horse, while impressive and can breath fire, is not the main focus of his legend. The act of him fighting with everything he got on the road is the embodiment of ancient Vietnamese warfare. Without that being one of the focus of his legend, it's no longer him.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I'd actually go the other way from KoH regarding the bamboo thing, though. Like, his NP summons a bunch of bamboo and embodies both that in his world, it was everywhere, and that he used it. It'd probably come out somewhere closer to Vlad's Kazikli Bey or an Aestus Domus-like layering of the world that makes bamboo shoots plentiful or something.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Him being fed and given tools by many ppl should be something on its own and not grouping into his NP. He also has a heavy metal armor but you also didn't use it. Him turning into giant can easily work out as a terrifying skill like Kingprotea's version but ofc nerfed down to fit a standard servant.

And him using bamboo at weapons is the major factor in his legend, being creative and flexible. Nearly all villages in ancient Vietnam have bamboo surround the area or even bamboo forests. This is the important factor to his victory after his main weapon were broken. It is thanks to this supply that he was able to drive out the invaders from villages to villages and out of the country, and the creation of him was also based on the fact that ancient Vietnamese soldiers are very skilled in making weapons out of bamboo and defeated many enemies with it.

His horse, while impressive and can breath fire, is not the main focus of his legend. The act of him fighting with everything he got on the road is the embodiment of ancient Vietnamese warfare. Without that being one of the focus of his legend, it's no longer him.
    Hmm... Could him starting out as a frail paralyzed child and growing stronger and stronger the more people fed him and gave him weapons and the like be represented as some kind of NP/Skill where he starts out in a weak 'child form' with really low parameters and no weapons and then after a certain number of days he grows into a much more powerful 'adult' form with his weapons progressively unlocked? I'm aware that's kind of ripping off Leyasu's Child Of The Sun, though.

For the bamboo thing... the most obvious would be turning anything made of bamboo into an NP-tier weapon, but that's a pretty blatant Knight Of Honor rip. Maybe just give him a single bamboo spear with some kind of special property? Like... I dunno, he stabs it into the ground and out sprouts an entire bamboo forest to skewer his enemies or something?

Literally just throwing out ideas here to see what sticks. Since I'm only barely familiar with the legend itself, it'd be probably best to take all this with a hefty mound of salt.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I just realized that Riding really should be A+ since that's the level where it allows to ride Phantasmal, Divine Beasts and the likes.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I'd actually go the other way from KoH regarding the bamboo thing, though. Like, his NP summons a bunch of bamboo and embodies both that in his world, it was everywhere, and that he used it. It'd probably come out somewhere closer to Vlad's Kazikli Bey or an Aestus Domus-like layering of the world that makes bamboo shoots plentiful or something.
    I like this idea alot.

JP Friend Code
    Hmm... Could him starting out as a frail paralyzed child and growing stronger and stronger the more people fed him and gave him weapons and the like be represented as some kind of NP/Skill where he starts out in a weak 'child form' with really low parameters and no weapons and then after a certain number of days he grows into a much more powerful 'adult' form with his weapons progressively unlocked? I'm aware that's kind of ripping off Leyasu's Child Of The Sun, though.

For the bamboo thing... the most obvious would be turning anything made of bamboo into an NP-tier weapon, but that's a pretty blatant Knight Of Honor rip. Maybe just give him a single bamboo spear with some kind of special property? Like... I dunno, he stabs it into the ground and out sprouts an entire bamboo forest to skewer his enemies or something?

Literally just throwing out ideas here to see what sticks. Since I'm only barely familiar with the legend itself, it'd be probably best to take all this with a hefty mound of salt.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I just realized that Riding really should be A+ since that's the level where it allows to ride Phantasmal, Divine Beasts and the likes.
    TBH I don't rly like the idea of the horse being Divine Beast that much. It is a freaking mecha horse that was crafted by the hands of many skilled blacksmiths, proof of ancient Vietnamese people's mastery in smithing and there are quite some other interesting legends involving this such as a story of a blacksmith who is too OP he can melt an old person, pour that person's essense into a magical mold and reforged that into the young version of that person, what the fuck. And if you go by nasuverse logic with Uruk having submarines and airplanes, keeping this part of the legend actually works very well.

Seeing that majority of his illustration involving him wielding a bunch of bamboo and riding the horse, no matter what you do with it, the bamboo must be there imo.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Aoife: To be honest, her first NP isboring. It's just a generic "amplify spell" effect, wich is even more disapointing since you've especially mentioned a special feat she performed with it. I suppose you could say that her second NP is supossed to represent that, but then I don't see why you've even made the first NP in the first place. And one of the second NP's effect is a bit boring and unfitting. I don't like how "transform into swans" translate into "become wraith at my service". You could have said that her enemies transform into helpless swan until they find the bell, wich would represent her legend far better and is more interesting than transforming them into wraith.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; December 4th, 2016 at 04:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    I regret nothing other than my laziness.

Source:
    http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=60194974
    Class: Rider
    Alignment: True Horse
    Origin: Historical
    Region: Classical Antiquity

Parameters
    Strength: B
    Endurance: A
    Agility: A
    Mana: D
    Luck: A
    NP: B

Height/Weight: 157cm (at shoulder)/453kg
    Dislikes: Any other punks trying to train him
    Talents: Explosive hooves
    Natural enemy: Camels
    Attribute: Horse
    Traits: Horse, Male
    Armament: A bridle, what else do you think a horse has

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: (D)
    Magic Resistance grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.
    As a horse, Rider should have little to no preternatural resistance to magic aside from that which naturally occurs when born in the Age of Gods. He is ascribed a rank higher than what should be expected due to the inseparable nature of Rider and his previous, most famous master.

Riding: (-)
    As a mount himself, Rider doesn’t possess this skill.

Personal Skills:

Bravery: (EX)
    Bravery is the ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. Not usable under the effects of Mad Enhancement.
    As a creature that doesn’t possess the mental faculties of a man, Rider’s fears and the way his mind work are something of an enigma. Polluting a mind that isn’t the main target of such magecraft or techniques--especially one on the level of a Heroic Spirit--is near impossible. Rider can stare down the most grisly mental Noble Phantasms without breaking a sweat, with all the physical attack buffs the skill would provide. However, this skill is nulled if he’s allowed to stare at his own shadow for an extended period of time.

Battle Continuation: (C)
    Battle Continuation is the strength of vitality for predicaments. Also, the ability to withdraw from combat and reach allied territory alive after being defeated. It is one of the powers of a vampire.
    Having fought in every conquest his master did, from the conquest of the Greek city-states, to Thebes, Gaugamela, and through India, Rider received numerous injuries as the larger target of the rider-and-mount relationship, and was able to continue on regardless, never succumbing.
    Rider can continue after receiving multiple potentially dangerous wounds. However, a wound that is near-fatal will still be too much.

Noble Phantasm

Bucephalus
    The Trampling Conquest

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-50
    Max Target: 50

The main Noble Phantasm of Rider. Himself. Rider has already become an existence that is one part Heroic Spirit. That is to say, the Noble Phantasm is the Heroic Spirit, and the Heroic Spirit is the Noble Phantasm.

By releasing its true name, Rider performs a ferocious assault upon the enemy, scattering and trampling them down with lightning worthy of his father Zeus. The scale of destruction is less than that of the "Distant Trampling Domination", but it has excellent mobility.

Τετράποδο σύντροφο
    My Most Trusted Friend

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1
    Max Target: 1

Though Rider’s master conquered vast lands and had many thousands of people to fight in his name, the noble horse was his very first, and most precious. Just as the first treasure deposited in the keep of Babylon has untold importance, so too does the steed that would signify the world-conqueror’s beginning.

Reality Marbles, while already a rare phenomenon among Heroic Spirits, would never in anyone’s wildest dreams be associated with the power available to a horse. Those people are wrong. Rider, as the ephemeral mount and friend of Alexander, is able to impose their combined will on the World and open a Marble of the exact dimensions of the King of Conquerors, not so much summoning him to the current plane as it is meeting his friend halfway. However, due to Rider’s abysmal mana stat and consumption, Alexander is given the same rank of Independent Action as any other warrior of the King’s Companions: dispersing after 30 turns have been reached.
    While Alexander is summoned, he and Rider can do anything that they could have in life or if Alexander himself had been the one summoned as the initial Servant. If Rider has accepted the Master as worthy of riding him, Alexander will ask to ride his beloved horse once more.

Two of Soul
    O My Master Look Thee Out a Kingdom Equal to and Worthy of Thyself

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 0
    Max Target: 1

A divine horse sent by Zeus himself to test the lot of men, that whoever shall tame the greatest horse in the world should be master over all. A test Noble Phantasm that becomes a constantly active type should the testee pass, those who don’t meet Rider’s standards will never hope to control him, much less ride him themselves. As both a conduit for Zeus’s judgment as well as a dumb creature of Earth, Rider’s eye is trained in the knowledge of both sides of the firmament.

The Master’s will and purity are judged accordingly. If acceptable, Rider will allow his Master to mount him themselves. After which, the effects of the Noble Phantasm are truly released. Crystallizing the concept of [inheritance], once seated upon Rider’s back the Master will notice that they feel much stronger. Alexander was the only one to ever conquer the entire known world, thus it is only appropriate that inheriting the concept of being “worthy of the title King of Conquerors” also means one is worthy of the aspects of the King himself. A supporting ability that achieves most of the same effects as the Reality Marble without the stupendous cost in mana. However, as a cost Rider’s rider is ascribed a low ranking Signs of a King skill. While useful in ensuring the courage of Rider’s more timid Masters, those already extroverted and gregarious will be pushed to possibly dangerous limits, for better or for worse.

Lore

Bucephalus was the horse of Alexander the Great, and one of the most famous actual horses of antiquity. Ancient accounts state that Bucephalus died after the Battle of the Hydaspes in 326 BC, in what is now modern Pakistan, and is buried in Jalalpur Sharif outside of Jhelum, Pakistan. Another account states that Bucephalus is buried in Phalia, a town in Pakistan's Mandi Bahauddin District, which is named after him. Bucephalus was named after a branding mark depicting an ox's head on his haunch.

A massive creature with a massive head, Bucephalus is described as having a black coat with a large white star on his brow. He is also supposed to have had a "wall eye" (blue eye), and his breeding was that of the "best Thessalian strain." Plutarch tells the story of how, in 344 BC, at twelve or thirteen years of age, Alexander won the horse by making a wager with his father: A horse dealer named Philonicus the Thessalian offered Bucephalus to King Philip II for the remarkably high sum of 13 talents, but because no one could tame the animal, Philip was not interested. However, Alexander was, and he offered to pay himself should he fail to tame it.

Alexander was given a chance and surprised all by subduing it. He spoke soothingly to the horse and turned it towards the sun so that it could no longer see its own shadow, which had been the cause of its distress. Dropping his fluttering cloak as well, Alexander successfully tamed the horse. Plutarch says that the incident so impressed Philip that he told the boy, "O my son, look thee out a kingdom equal to and worthy of thyself, for Macedonia is too little for thee." Philip's speech strikes the only false note in the anecdote, according to AR Anderson, who noted his words as the embryo of the legend fully developed in the History of Alexander the Great I.15, 17.

The Alexander Romance presents a mythic variant of Bucephalus's origin. In this tale, the colt, whose heroic attributes surpassed even those of Pegasus, is bred and presented to Philip on his own estates. The mythic attributes of the animal are further reinforced in the romance by the Delphic Oracle who tells Philip that the destined king of the world will be the one who rides Bucephalus, a horse with the mark of the ox's head on his haunch.

As one of his chargers, Bucephalus served Alexander in numerous battles.
    The value which Alexander placed on Bucephalus emulated his hero and supposed ancestor Achilles, who claimed that his horses were "known to excel all others—for they are immortal. Poseidon gave them to my father Peleus, who in his turn gave them to myself."

Arrian states, with Onesicritus as his source, that Bucephalus died at the age of thirty. Other sources, however, give as the cause of death not old age or weariness, but fatal injuries at the Battle of the Hydaspes (June 326 BC), in which Alexander's army defeated King Porus. Alexander promptly founded a city, Bucephala, in honour of his horse. It lay on the west bank of the Hydaspes river. The modern-day town of Jalalpur Sharif, outside Jhelum, is said to be where Bucephalus is buried.

Personality

Rider is snooty, domineering, skittish, courageous, and everything else a horse really shouldn’t be. He is also, however, still just a horse. Carrots are a must if you want him to like you.

Tactics

Pray you pass or look forward to shoveling horseshit for the entire duration of the war.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post
    Aoife: To be honest, her first NP isboring. It's just a generic "amplify spell" effect, wich is even more disapointing since you've especially mentioned a special feat she performed with it. I suppose you could say that her second NP is supossed to represent that, but then I don't see why you've even made the first NP in the first place. And one of the second NP's effect is a bit boring and unfitting. I don't like how "transform into swans" translate into "become wraith at my service". You could have said that her enemies transform into helpless swan until they find the bell, wich would represent her legend far better and is more interesting than transforming them into wraith.
    Her first NP is the rod she used to help sustain the spell as long as it did (900 years). It's literally just a random wand/stave she used in the story. There's nothing else much to say about it.

No comment on the second NP other than "It's cooler". What she essentially did was take their souls. So, wraiths. I could add something like "and a representation of who they once were becomes one of the many swans occupying her living space". That's right, motherfucker, she's a motherfuckin' swan-lady. Cats are sooo centuries later, girrlfrieend *snapsies (fall into despair and be turned into a depressed, but beautiful bird! muhaha!)*.
    Last edited by Historia; December 4th, 2016 at 05:02 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Another solid and well rounded sheet as always but how many of these guys do you have in store?
    Thanks. And well, if you're asking how much more Nazis I plan on doing... At least 3. Score already named them though. But if you're asking about WWII Servants in general, prolly lots. Haven't even really touched on Allies or Soviets or even some of the non-German Axis people.

Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    Presumably, Joseph Goebbels, Reinhard Heydrich, and Hermann Göring are still to come because they were mentioned in the Phantasm. Plus various allies or Soviets.

As for the sheet, it's clear that a ton of work has gone into it. There is so much detail in the skills and NPs that it is almost hard to get my head around some of them. I think that being able to summon five heroic spirits is probably worth of more than a C rank Phantasm tho, even if it isn't the main usage of the ability.
    Yeah, that sheet was seriously incredible in scope. It's almost hard to even comment on because there's so many different ideas at play. I agree that breaking into the Throne of Heroes and dragging out Heroic Spirits seem like it should warrant a lot higher then just C rank. I'd make the rank something like C (EX) with the EX representing its 'secret' function that he can't activate normally. I'm pretty sure actually snatching up heroes from the Grail itself easily deserves an EX rank, given that's basically what Iskandar's Ionian Hetairai was.
    Fair enough, I guess. I didn't really make it higher ranked because the Noble Phantasm's only real purpose in the ritual is to act as a catalyst to pull the others down into the living world while the real work is in using the collected life force of all the people it devoured in order to be able to muster up a strong enough connection, plus it's something he can't do without a large mana pool to begin with. But yeah, I'll put it as C (EX).

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden
    Also, as grotesque and horrible as the whole thing is, I can't help but imagine it'd look really freaking cool when the five 'Kings' are finally summoned. Each one of them gazing down at the ravaged city below and making some kind of pithy/ominous line as they begin their horrid invasion of the new world. What can I say, I'm a sucker for those scenes in anime and manga when the cool new villains suddenly introduce themselves. (Think the "Awaken, my masters!" scene from Jojo)

Basically, you've come up with a fanfic idea I'd really want to see and it's almost hilarious how completely his Noble Phantasm would derail the Grail War, with pretty much every remotely heroic Servant left having to band together for a group battle against Himmler and his revived Fourth Reich. I also can't help but imagine he'd end up betrayed/backstabbed by Hitler at some point, for maximum karmic irony. (Especially if it results from trying to pick a fight with Rommel only to find Hitler ultimately values his greatest general more then a loyal dog)
    Kind of what I had in mind while writing that up lol. And yeah, as I mentioned before, I got a lot of ideas for a hypothetical Grail War fic where Hitler is the main antagonist. Whether I write it up or not is another thing though. I get super lazy at times. I'll keep the Himmler-Rommel bit in mind at least.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden
    Are you a fan of Dies Irae by any chance? This whole 'revived super-Nazis' thing is really starting to remind me of the
    Thirteen Holy Lancers
    Longinus Dreizehn Orden

from that series.
    Definitely a source of inspiration if the constant usage of DI pictures hasn't made it apparent. I dig the ideas behind it and as someone who's history lessons were mostly composed of WWII stuff, it was only natural I'd get so caught up in making WWII Servants.

Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    Bucephalus
    lol I still find it odd that an actual horse can be summoned as a Servant even though I know animals can be summoned, but you did a pretty decent job with what little you had to work with. Nice tactics and alignment.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Now its december, I'll probably post a pastebin of the recent updates in a week or so.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    On an unrelated note, I was randomly wondering if anyone's done any ancestry/genealogy work, and what a Servant based on your own ancestor would look like.
    Hah! I'm Brazilian. I've got the blood of so many peoples I'd probably get some kind of Frankensteinian mish-mash of Servants.

JP Friend Code
    Bucephalus
    I have bad news for you.

super minor extella spoiler
    Bucephalus is a female, according to Jeanne

But hey, it's not like you knew it beforehand hahaha.

Blog Entries
    I have bad news for you.

Not saying this is the reason behind her knowing, but she would be one of those to be able to tell immediately. As, you know, she was very fond of horses. Not, like, Bedivere level of obsession, but not far off the mark.
    Last edited by Historia; December 4th, 2016 at 11:42 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    TM strikes again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    Not saying this is the reason behind her knowing, but she would be one of those to be able to tell immediately. As, you know, she was very fond of horses. Not, like, Bedivere level of obsession, but not far off the mark.
    Identifying the sex of a horse is incredibly easy, y'know. Just checking for the presence or absence of certain physical attributes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Identifying the sex of a horse is incredibly easy, y'know. Just checking for the presence or absence of certain physical attributes.
    Yes, I'm aware.

Bucephalus
    He actually did it, the absolute madman! Fun sheet. Would read a fic of someone summoning him (or I guess I should say her) by mistake, instead of Iskander.

Blog Entries
    I have bad news for you.

But hey, it's not like you knew it beforehand hahaha.
    I think I'm just going to make it a principle to ignore every Nasu-ism that is this blatantly stupid and inane from now on.
    #NotMySuperHorse
    Last edited by Ail Don; December 4th, 2016 at 07:15 PM.

I think I'm just going to make it a principle to ignore every Nasu-ism that is this blatantly stupid and inane from now on.
    #NotMySuperHorse
    Type Moon are just god-tier trolls mate. They have top tier memes