Page 248 of 858 FirstFirst ... 148198238243246247248249250253258298348748 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post

Ha! That's actually pretty good! Assassin!Disney would be willing to commit necessary evils than Caster!Disney. And Copyright NP sounds pretty interesting too.
    We know Caster!Disney as the guy who makes the wonders of Disney.

Assassin!Disney pulls out his whip and forces Artists to crank out more stuff, hoards copyright , is a greedy little fuck, and generally acts like the Tyrant of Disney's Kingdom, rather than Caster's Creator of the Kingdom.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ended up missing a few Servants, so here's commentary;

Ao Guang: Worst dragon indeed. The Sheet itself is fine and all. The guy seems like he'd be a pretty comical character and as I don't know if the guy is exactly eligible to be summoned as a servant regularly, I think he'd be best suited to appear in a /GO event.

Xia Jie:
    I think it's better that you tied him into nasu verse workings with the eldrich summoning. Skill section is a bit light but I think it works in this case here. Giving a False variant on Charisma worked nicely as well.

Walt Disney: People have talked about making this guy for a while with talk of him spiking when You made his Cinderella sheet or when I made Peter Pan. Not much I can say that hasn't been said but I just wanted to say I liked that it's finally been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Walt Disney: People have talked about making this guy for a while with talk of him spiking when You made his Cinderella sheet or when I made Peter Pan. Not much I can say that hasn't been said but I just wanted to say I liked that it's finally been done.
    Agreed. I remember talking about it back in December. Cool to see that it arrived.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was really happy with my last work. Naamah Alter is probably one of my best original Servants. So I felt I was finally ready to tackle one very difficult Servant I knew I had to make one day. I think I will go ahead and dedicate this one to Lycodrake.

The Ideal Death
    “This is your fault.”

The words, spoken calmly and with nary a hint of ill will, struck the young Master at his core. Surrounded by a disgustingly familiar scene that mirrored the end of a golden era, he fought against the trembling of his legs and sought whatever means he could find to fight back.

He had returned to ancient Mesopotamia. Rather, he had been shifted back to that broken land against his will. Without his loyal kouhai, without any companion Servants, he was thrown alone in the ruined lands of the Fertile Crescent. Humanity would eventually flourish again, but so soon after the end of Beast II, there was only ruin.

He had found a powerful ally; not a Servant, but a being of that era, seemingly looking for answers of her own. At the ruins of Nippur, she had protected him from the Beasts of Chaos, so disturbingly like the offspring of the Sea of Life, but clearly different. At Kish, she had defeated the shadow Servants, Enmebaragesi and Agga; wraith-like rulers clinging to their duty of protecting a dead city. The hints had pulled them towards the Cedar Forest, and the underground lake where the Blood Temple Andromeda once stood. There, she had defeated the inchoate monstrosity she had called Asag. Upon defeat, however, the unsettling, black mud-like substance it was made of fell upon her, showering her and pinning her to the ground with impossible weight. She had seemed invincible until that moment, but she was stained black, and then her screams began.

He had wished to help her, of course. They had spoken at length throughout their days together, and he had a good idea of who she, or rather, what she was. But he was powerless; his feeble magecraft would not destroy that primordial substance. Touching it would mean his doom. So, he could only watch as the mud did something to her, in her, as she was wracked with utmost agony. She screamed, at length, for what felt like hours, and then she stopped. She stood calmly, eerily quiet, to the point that the Master feared for his own sake, until she looked up at him and said those damning words.

“I understand everything,” she declared. “Why I was not allowed to join the war against the Three Goddess Alliance, and later Tiamat. Why the Beasts of Chaos have emerged. Why Asag was reborn in that form. Why my Master no longer speaks to me.”

The black substance flowed down her drenched face like trails of tears. There was no expression on her pale face, but her voice radiated a deep sadness.

“It…it doesn’t make sense!” Not even he knew if this was an immature child’s attempt at excusing himself. “Tiamat…was defeated! We killed her! It was over! Why is the Sea of Life still around!?”

“You misunderstand,” replied the tall blonde. She stood like an unmovable pillar even as the black mud swirled around her, trying to push her down. “This is a creation of the Composite Goddess, Gorgon, using Tiamat’s authority. The things you create do not necessarily disappear when you are destroyed. And even if it was originally an imitation of Tiamat’s Sea of Life, this substance has been normalized into the current structure of the Planet. Mayhap the touch of the Axe of Marduk has caused this alteration.”

That explained why the Beasts of Chaos took the form of natural wildlife from the past and the present, not the horrifying Lahmu and Bel Lahmu.

“Rather than Sea of Life, it may be more accurate to call it Soil of Genesis. In any case, it will become inert soon. The Beasts of Chaos were only a threat in the short term.”

That was hard to believe based on the sight before his eyes.

“It’s still attacking you!”

“Yes. Its sole purpose is to spawn new life, and to stain all living beings in its color. It constantly attempts to remake me as we speak.”

“Then what are you waiting for? Get out of there!”

“No. That is not the correct answer. That will not solve the crisis you have created.”

“The Singularity was resolved!”

“Again, you misunderstand. There are no issues concerning the defeat of Beast II.”

Even as the Soil of Genesis slowly and inexorably digested her, even as it penetrated her skin and stained it black, even as it slipped beneath her eyeballs and devoured the white of her eyes, she seemingly cared for nothing but delivering her devastating ultimatum.

“The core of the problem lies in Beast IV.”

It was numbing. Truly, he could not understand how he was still standing, for he could not feel anything from his belly downwards. For a moment, his heart forgot to beat, his lungs forgot to breathe, and his mouth forgot how to shape words.

Only for a moment.

“Beast…IV…?”

“Beast IV was not defeated. Instead, it willingly renounced to the characteristic that placed upon it the status of Beast IV. Therefore, there is a non-zero possibility that a different entity will assume the role of Beast IV. It is likely that, as I speak these words, an unknown number of ‘Beast IV candidates’ across time and space are becoming aware of the possibility.”

“Beware, Master from Chaldea. The number of Evils of Humanity you have overcome is only two. And the number of potential enemies of mankind that will challenge you is definitely greater than five. Therefore, so that you may return to Chaldea and prepare yourself for the trials to come, I shall destroy the candidate in front of you.”

For a stupid, hopeless moment, he had thought she was talking about the Soil of Genesis which wrapped almost entirely in its darkness.

Only for a moment.

“No…”

“I was likely denied permission to assist your efforts against Tiamat in fear that exposure to Beast I would catalyze my reformation into the Beast class. However, now that Tiamat is no more, my Master has wisely chosen to discard me as a precaution.”

Like that, she wholeheartedly praised a god’s heartless choice to abandon his most devoted partner.

“No…” he pathetically repeated.

“My divine Master will completely detach himself from the World of Man so that, should the brand of ‘Beast IV’ fall upon us, it is I alone who bears it and not he.”

“No…” he repeated one last time. “…how do you expect me to accept that…?”

“Your acceptance is not an issue.”

He had already expected that sort of robotic answer. But he knew she was no robot. It was love that shone in her eyes whenever she spoke of her divine Master. It was pride that gleamed in her irises whenever she caught the look on his eyes when he saw her fight. It was sorrow that filled her voice when her prayers at Nippur and Kish received no response.

“However, this is not the ideal solution.”

“Wai—agh!” He was blown away by the cyclone rising from her invincible body. Dust and water rose along the ethereal storm, but the black mud-like substance clung stubbornly to her form.

He rolled a few times before catching himself and moving to get back on his feet. He was about to yell at her to stop, but the words became stuck in his throat.

She was chuckling.

He had seen her curious at the sight of his humble magecraft. He had seen her pridefully smug when he admired her wondrous mane of blond hair. He had seen her furious at the sight of Asag, likely reborn when the Sea of Life spilled into the Underworld. He had seen her defeated and forlorn when the Sumerian war god did not answer her prayer. He had even seen her completely gobsmacked when he patted the crown of her head in praise of her amazing power.

But this was the first time she showed something resembling a smile.

“Well, my Master was always a man of action. I was always the one with the plans.”

There was a flash. He could vaguely catch glimpses of arcane configurations concealed in the rising cyclone. However, all attempts at speech were forcefully halted by the lashing winds that pushed him further and further away from her glowing immensity.

“I shall now Break my Noble Phantasm, and annihilate myself.”

There was too much power. Wildly, rampaging, unrestrained, more like the King of Uruk’s ultimate phantasm than the King of Knights’ holy sword. Even the boundaries of framework of History and the layers of the structure of the Planet seemed to groan and rattle in the vicinity of the growing maelstrom. He could feel himself being pushed not only physically, but across time and space. He was fading…dragged away and away…

He yelled out her name. Her real name, not that ridiculous pseudonym she had chosen to hide her identity from him.

“Goodbye, young Master from a distant era. You are perhaps the most powerful, powerless human being I have had the pleasure of meeting.”

A column of light broke through the ceiling of the cavern, instantly engulfing her and searing his retinas. The sound of her name from his throat became a wordless scream, but somehow, impossibly enough, her faint voice still reached him one last time.

“Perhaps, if I am to not serve the gods anymore, I could have found meaning in serving mankind by your side.”

********************************************///////************************************************** ************************

He suddenly jumped awake.

He knew he was being rude by ignoring his kouhai’s call to stay in bed, but he had to act immediately. It was the spike of adrenaline that allowed him to dodge Kiyohime’s Love Tackle and pulled his wobbly legs to the summoning chamber.

The shield stood there. It was all that he needed. But he had to act immediately, while the memory of that moment was still fresh. While the sadness of that sudden departure remained vivid in his mind.

While the longing on that face, telling him she still wanted to live and fight and serve, remained flawless in his heart.

His eyes met Miss Da Vinci’s for only a moment, and it was with voiceless gratitude that he took to the edge of the circle while she prepared the materials. For an unparalleled genius, she had an unexpected grasp of his youthful heart.

He vaguely noticed the trickle of curious and relieved Servants pulled to watch just what drove their Master to action immediately after returning from a sudden rayshift. He only needed to think of her, of her dauntless expression, of the metallic luster of her golden mane, of the silken feel of that hair beneath his fingers, of her wings that shed golden particles in their wake, of her joyous battle roar, of her insistence on not wasting a single piece of their meals…

Of her undying loyalty.

Of her unparalleled strength of will.

Of her brilliance in combat.

Electricity danced, lights shone, the ground vibrated.

The Servants murmured and took some steps backwards.

They could tell. Of course they could tell.

A top-class Servant had come.

“Holy crap!” Someone shouted. It sounded like Nanaya.

Someone whistled. Probably Ishtar, or Gilgamesh’s big sister.

“You summoned quite the amazing thing this time, Master,” murmured Enkidu a few steps behind him.

He could bet he would get quite some flak for the huge grin on his face. He could not care less.

She was there. So adorably confused.

“I…how could I…I am merely a weapon…how could I be allowed in the Throne…?”

“You are no mere weapon,” he refuted immediately. “You are the King of Weapons.”

He rubbed the back of his hand over his eyes. He could only allow himself to show a smile.

“After living like that! After dying like that…!”

Her body stiffened at the touch of his hand on her shoulder. Of course it did. It will be a joyous day when she is no longer taken aback by his touch. But that did not matter at the moment. Before teaching her about the warmth of a simple touch, he needed to share his simple, pristine joy.

“…how could you be anything but a Hero?”

Base Stats & Skills
    Šarur
    Faceclaim

Source: Artwork by SALT for Sword Girls

Class: Saber
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Source: Sumerian civilization, Lugal-e and Angim legends
    Region: Babylonia, Nippur

Height & Weight: 180 cm, 67.5 kg
    Dislikes: Nothing in particular
    Talents: Flattery, Gem-cutting, Jewel-making, Poisons
    Natural Enemy: Velber 02, Chi You
    Attribute: Earth

STR A
    END EX
    AGI B
    MGI A+
    LUK E
    Noble Phantasm A++

Class Skills
    Magic Resistance – A
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. At this rank, all spells of rank A or below are cancelled. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a 'Magus Killer'.

It is obvious that a pinnacle weapon would possess a structure resistant to most magical effects.

Independent Manifestation – B
    A special Skill that permits unsupported manifestation into reality, without necessity of energy cost or of summoning by a Master; effectively, the Skill serves as a higher-order version of Independent Action. This Skill is normally exclusive to the Beast class. That is all that needs to be said about that right now.

Šarur was devised as the perfect tool of the gods, and while bound to the many shackles of a servant, it is also unhampered by many of the restrictions subjecting the ancient gods. Unlike all ordinary weapons, Šarur was not affected by the Anzu bird’s time manipulation techniques using the Tablet of Destinies. Furthermore, her Saint Graph possesses a unique resistance to foreign manipulations of her form, as expected of one who crushed countless beasts born of Tiamat. The integrity of her form in time and space in all but undisputed. It also seems to grant her some degree of resistance to Command Seals.

Personal Skills
    Bond of Lapis Lazuli – EX
    Šarur’s unique Skill, consolidating the unbreakable loyalty that is her pride and joy. She will always love her Master, and will shower him with devotion and affection. She will never betray her Master, and there is not a force in this planet that can make her betray him. She fights for her Master. She lives for her Master. Command Seals will never be needed to ensure her obedience, if the Master’s commands are not outrageously evil nor harmful to the World at large.

In exchange for her utmost loyalty, well…she would not mind some head pats occasionally. Only in private, though; she has a reputation to maintain.

Gaia Reactor – A+
    The primordial furnace that provides Šarur with astounding amounts of magical energy, plus the engine that allows the automatic conversion of magical energy into physical phenomena. She may use to duplicate emission-type magecraft, or to empower her physical attacks with a variety of attributes, like the Prana Burst Skill. Plus-correction when unleashing poisons.

Šarur is an existence that predates magecraft, and it is by mere act of will and her unique design that she may unleash wrathful flames, blinding radiance, searing lightning, rampaging waves or clouds of deadly poison at will. She is an embodiment of the divine as harbinger of the wrath of nature.

Primordial Enforcer – A+ (diminished from EX)
    The status of a weapon devised to act as an element of Gaia’s Counter Force since primordial times, crystallized into a Skill. The expertise of a thousand battles throughout the Urzeit, facing the most terrifying enemies in the Ages of the Gods. To Šarur, combat is an instinctive process; she automatically adjusts her tactics as she acquires data throughout the violent exchange, without the need for conscious analysis. Rather, the conscious understanding of the opponent’s technique and tactics follows her deployment of successful countermeasures.

Despite being devised to oppose threats from outside the Planet, it was made by the Planet and therefore limited by the Planet’s concepts and framework of understanding. Therefore, as a weapon she excels at destroying things born of the Planet—plus-correction versus enemies with the Earth attribute and the “Divine” trait, but the latter only against native (chthonic) gods.

Self-Modification – B+
    The aptitude to remodel one’s own body or merge one’s own flesh with body parts of others. The higher the ranking in this Skill, the further away one is from being a proper hero. Allows for reconstruction of the body between anthropomorphic form, winged lion form, or weapon form. Even Šarur has forgotten which of these is her original form.

Designed as an autonomous weapon, Šarur favors the anthropomorphic state. She often adds wings to her back for scouting missions at supersonic speed. Plus-modification applies when modifying her sensory organs for enhanced perception. She can improve her sight to the point that, no matter the actual distance separating them, she can perceive all things within her line of sight as if they were right in front of her.

Lore & Character
    Lore
    The pinnacle weapon, foremost and most ancient in all mythologies.

Šarur, the Smasher of Thousands, is known as the primary weapon and right hand of the primary war deity of the Mesopotamian (Sumerian-Akkadian-Babylonian-Assyrian) pantheon, Ninurta. She is a top-class existence that persists into the body of legend of mankind, all the way from the dawn of divinity: the early First Age of Gods, over 14000 years old. While she has been divinized at a certain point in history, she is not a Divine Spirit. She is a Primordial Construct, either modified from or designed after one of the countless instruments of the original god or war. An autonomous Noble Phantasm from a time before heroes and before history itself, for the purpose of defending the Planet from threats from beyond and from within.

Despite being but a mere weapon, she is an intricate figure with a deep substrate. There are three fundamental aspects to Šarur, of which the third will be emphasized for its critical importance:

• Autonomy: As a weapon, she was nonetheless granted autonomy, self-awareness, identity and conscience, to act as the instrument of the gods but with the ability to act independently as well. She is the prototypical “divine scout and messenger”, and she may in fact be the same being that would eventually be defied as the Greek Hermes—indeed, Šarur and Hermes do share beasts as a common motif besides their mythical roles. She is also a primordial apotropaic figure that may or may not be connected to the Hindu Pratyangira.
    • Loyalty: Šarur is notable for her unbridled devotion and affection towards Ninurta, and her eagerness to shower him with words of praise. As there is no record of history before the dawn of writing, there is no way to know whether this an exclusively Sumerian feature, although, rather than attachment to a specific individual, it is better interpreted as “affection towards the one who drives her towards righteous battle”.
    • Comparison: Perhaps closer to “differentiation”. Šarur is a unique being of all-encompassing neutrality, in that she embodies both order and chaos. She represents humanity’s fear of the forces of nature in their most destructive and harmful forms, but also their potential to be tamed and put to the service of intelligent beings—this is connected to Ninurta’s origins as a god of agriculture. As a weapon, she brandishes the principle of Comparison under the characteristic of “constantly seeking the most efficient form of attack”, which may be better understood as “constantly identifying the opponent’s weak point and then using it”. It matters not if the enemy somehow overcomes its own weak point; whatever actions that allowed it to do that will always create a new, different weak point that Šarur will exploit. This was interpreted in legend as “receiving the guidance of the greater god”. But it is a little more complicated than that.

Šarur’s true identity is that of the oldest god of war in recorded history: Ningirsu-Ninurta, which is itself an aspect of the original war god. Or rather, Šarur and Ninurta are indistinguishable from each other. This is neither an Ishtar-Ereshkigal nor an Amaterasu-Tamamo situation. Šarur is a portion of the whole that is Ninurta, detached from it so that it may act as its restraint.

The legends of Ninurta agree in that he is an impetuous warrior, a thrill- and glory-seeker who eagerly answers every call to battle—Ninurta as the embodiment of humanity’s awe and fear towards the forces of nature and natural disasters, but also of humanity’s power to tame nature; to oppose the world’s savagery with the virtues of technology and civilization, and thus make its power our own. Ninurta only listens to his intelligent weapon, and to the advice of the elder gods when delivered by his intelligent weapon. Without Šarur’s advice, Ninurta is but another rampaging beast; his fury and the devastation he leaves in his wake make him no different from the monsters he slays. In battle, Ninurta is as much a threat to humanity as the enemy he is supposedly protecting them from. This is nowhere clearer than in the Lugal-e epic, in which both Ninurta and his opponent, Asag, are described in equally ambiguous and aberrant ways, to the point it becomes unclear how exactly they are different from each other. It is Šarur’s words that identify Ninurta as the divine champion, and following an initial defeat caused by reckless overconfidence, it is the divine advice delivered by Šarur that leads Ninurta to victory. Once the battle is over, Ninurta tempers down and takes the role of judge and adjudicator, and the divine order is reestablished.

Šarur is, then, the war god’s temperance. The moral compass that guides the war god to fight for the preservation of order and stops the “idea” of Ninurta to become a manmade disaster; an enemy of humanity. That is why Šarur was venerated separately from Ninurta—it was not for protection from external evils; for that they prayed to guardian champions of humanity such as Gilgamesh or Ninurta.

No, Šarur is prayed to for protection from Ninurta himself.

Character
    Šarur is a top-class Servant. In fact, categorizing her as a Servant would be not giving her enough credit, for her abilities stand at a level above and beyond average Heroic Spirits. She exists in the same frame of existence and power as those revered as Kings, and she does not mind being addressed as “King of Weapons”. She can face history’s mightiest weapons with her bare hands and claws, and her toughness breaks any attempt at quantification—she is unbreakable. She claims the Saber class because it is the one that restricts her the least, but she is perfectly capable of performing in every standard class except Berserker. In brief, she is extraordinarily powerful; the kind of enemy even the King of Heroes has no choice but to take seriously.

She makes for an imposing figure, radiating her poisonous melam that gives the impression of unfathomable power. In the battlefield, she is a machine optimized for the extermination of her Master’s enemies. In a standard Grail War, she would be an utterly terrifying enemy to face. In fact, you would probably do better just giving up; most Servants do not stand a chance, her sense of righteousness means she will not kill an enemy who has honestly surrendered, and her Master could risk wasting all his Command Seals forcing her to kill an enemy Master who can no longer fight.

Master of Chaldea, you have summoned quite the amazing Servant. She gets along particularly well with Servants that extol the virtues of loyalty and devotion (Diarmuid, Ushiwakamaru, Guan Yu), with Servants conceptually connected to war gods (Altera, Ishtar, Boudicca), and with Servants strongly connected with the creation of weapons (EMIYA, Chi You). She would also have a degree of amiable rapport with theosophists due to their shared association with the star Sirius.

She is loyal to a fault, but she is not used to the concept of being rewarded for her efforts. Her relationship with Ninurta was entirely one-sided, and not even she remembers how her dealings with the original war god were. She may prove surprising weak to the power of head pats. A single “good job” will become a priceless treasure to her.

Noble Phantasms
    Melamša Šarura
    Lapis Lazuli Poison Star

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-30
    Maximum Targets: 100 people

Literally, Šarur’s Poisonous Melam. In ancient Mesopotamian astrology, the stars and constellations were associated with their gods and mythical figures. Šarur was associated with the star Lambda Scorpii, the second brightest in the constellation of the scorpion—the tip of the scorpion’s raised tail. Indeed, it was said of Ninurta that poison was one of his many weapons, and of Šarur itself being poisonous. Like all powerful figures of Mesopotamian mythology, Šarur possesses melam—a radiant aura of power; sheer presence manifested as a powerful brilliance. The use of melam as a weapon is well described in “Gilgamesh and Agga”.

For the personal Noble Phantasm, Šarur adds the concept of “poison” to her melam, thus allowing her to disregard the standard means of poisoning (ingestion, injury, inhalation and contact). The only warning is the gross incandescence of her manifested melam, as she is engulfed in light to become a baleful lapis-colored star. Looking at the aura forces a saving throw against lethal poison, repeatedly if the victim keeps looking at it. Even on a successful saving throw, there will be some damage inflicted.

The radiance does not distinguish enemies from allies, and Šarur cannot chose who is and is not affected by it. The usual means of resistance against poison defend against this effect. Heroic Spirits who were victims of poison are more susceptible to succumbing to this Noble Phantasm. Creatures with a Good alignment have a bonus on the save, while those with an Evil alignment have an equivalent penalty.

Ğiriana
    Mountain-Flaying Heavenly Sword

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-50
    Maximum Targets: 200 people

The Angim legend catalogs the vast collection of weapons held by Ninurta. Šarur is in the Saber class, so she took the Blade of Heaven, or rather a lesser imitation—the original is a titanic weapon, unwieldable by the human-sized autonomous Noble Phantasm. It is a traditional Sumerian sickle sword with motifs in gold and lapis lazuli. Its blade glimmers with different colors from different angles. A swing of the blade creates a dazzling display of all the colors in the rainbow.

Like most ancient Mesopotamian Noble Phantasms, its power carries zero subtlety; it is merely a tool for destruction. In the primordial era, when the world was rich in True Ether, a single swing of the blade simply decimated the space in front of it into barren land by dispersing the constituting energy all things were made of. Šarur has modified the blade’s original function to achieve a similar effect in three stages. Firstly, upon invoking the weapon’s true name and slicing space with the blade, a gale concealing myriad quanta of True Ether wash over the area of effect, attacking the molecular bonds of all matter within. Matter unraveled by the breakage of its molecular bonds scatters into dust, which is then captured by the gale that thusly grows into a storm. Finally, the constant friction between dust particles in the storm generates electricity that engulfs the cyclonic storm and converts into a deluge of lightning that incinerates anything that wasn’t broken apart in the first step. It is a pinnacle technique that exemplifies Ninurta’s existence as the lord of the lands and the embodiment of nature’s wrath.

The sword itself embeds a potent Anti-Evil attribute to this attack. On the other hand, this technique possesses the condition that it can only be used outdoors. As this is technically not Šarur’s Noble Phantasm, but a modified form of one of Ninurta’s many techniques, it is greatly diminished compared to its original destructive potential.

Muldara Diğir Ursağa
    Star of Disaster, Right Hand of the War God

Type: Anti-Army/Anti-Mountain
    Range: 1-99
    Maximum Targets: 1000 people

The Red Star of the Hero Deity. Also called King Star Photon Ray. The true form of Šarur as “The Smasher of Thousands”. She becomes an interface for the controlled, local manifestation of the primordial war god’s destructive radiance.

Šarur uses her Gaia Reactor to create a localized cyclone that may restrain her enemies and, more importantly, acts as a beacon to indicate the target point for the true attack: a pillar of vermillion and gold like a mallet of light to crush armies and flatten mountains. Anything that is not annihilated by the massive strike is definitely on fire after that, just like everything else around ground zero.

This immensely powerful strike can be used at any time, but only in places where Sirius, Ninurta’s King Star, can be seen at nighttime. Indeed, it always looks like it was fired from the direction of that star. While the name and the description is more strongly reminiscent of the true form of Altera’s Noble Phantasm, when seen in action it will definitely make one think of a powered-up version of Madam Blavatsky’s Sanat Kumara. Madam Blavatsky will deflect questions with some hilariously absurd explanation. Šarur will merely shrug; not even her cherished Master will get anything out of her.

Extra Scene – The Most Ancient Wisdom

It was impossible not to notice. The skip to her step, the weird and somewhat silly grin on her face, the way she seemingly vibrated as she made her way to that week’s appointed training grounds.

Scathach was acting weird.

She was not even paying the slightest attention to the throng of Servants after her, pulled by the overwhelming aura of weird she was radiating. Her student was just freaking out, but most of the curious were simply expecting something amusing to happen, so they went after her to stave their boredom.

Rayshifts were done, and eventually the group arrived to the vast open space where their shared and precious Master was already supervising the open rounds of sparring accompanied by Mashu and Peshtur, his right and left hands. Iskander, Fergus Mac Roich, two EMIYAs, and Lancelot stood behind them, offering their knowledgeable commentary or simply admiring a hell of a fight.

Their Master’s latest addition to the Servant roster was playing with the greatest hero of Greek mythology.

His blows that could gouge the earth could not reach her. They were either dodge or parried by that woman’s bare hands. They knew it had nothing to do with Heracles being a Berserker—everybody was well aware of his brilliance that transcended his madness. But she could nonetheless see it. She obviously saw patterns nobody else could see, calculated vectors of attack that should not be calculable, and thus predicted the attacks that should be unpredictable. This was not luck, nor was it divine providence.

“…she is just that good,” said the Archer-class EMIYA, unable to come up with a witty quip. “You think you could snipe her from here, old man?”

Kiritsugu replied with an annoyed grunt.

“Wouldn’t be surprised if she caught the bullet and threw it right back to my eye.”

“Master, can she parry Nine Lives?”

“Probably, but we’re not gonna test it. Alright, that’s enough!”

And the woman who had not attacked a single time intercepted Heracles’ last assault and held to the weapon long enough for the Berserker to grasp the order and ease down. A moment later, she let go and saluted the immense hero with a polite bow.

“Magnificent. I would not expect any less from the fabled Heracles. It is nothing but regrettable you cannot learn anything in this form.”

The demigod grunted and walked to the Master’s side. Šarur did not move from that spot but did turn to address her summoner.

“So? Who will be next?”

A grinning Master looked behind him, and the line of men there looked at each other with some measure of unease.

“Ahaha, I must humbly pass this time, my boy. That kind of fight is far from my specialty, in any case.”

The Master nodded at Iskander’s fair point. The same could be said of Kiritsugu. He wanted to ask Lancelot, but it seemed Fergus was the one raring to give it a go—

“Please allow me, Master.”

All eyes fell on the Queen of the Land of Shadows. The Master looked as well, and saw that Scathach was not really asking for a favor. He easily saw what was different about her that day—not that she was trying to hide it—, and almost as easily figured out why. So, he just gestured her to go ahead, and filled himself with the electricity in the air. That pulsating, vibrant feeling that often surrounded Heroic Spirits, which told him something truly great was about to happen. From the looks of many nearby, he was clearly not the only one who felt it. In fact, it was likely all these Servants around him felt it more vividly. Even his adorable Mashu, despite no longer possessing the powers of a Demi-Servant, seemed fixated on the duo about to spar. He almost expected her to pull out a notebook and start taking notes.

“Um, Master? Ya know I normally dun’ care, but—”

“Your teacher needs this, Cu Chulainn. Just watch.”

“…please excuse my impoliteness, but I must ask for your name, milady.” Šarur was new to Chaldea, so she still did not know everyone. This seemed to amuse the witch for some reason.

“My name is Scathach.”

“Ah. The gatekeeper of the Land of Shadows, stated to be an unparalleled master of both rune magic and the way of the spear.” A bow. “It is truly the greatest of honors to stand before a top-class Servant.”

“The honor is mine, King of Weapons. Would I ask for too much if I requested a brief spar?”

“From the look in your eyes, this will be neither brief nor a spar.”

Scathach was not the kind of person to look sheepish at being caught. Nonetheless, there was something like a silent plea in her beautiful eyes.

“…not that I mind,” continued the ancient Noble Phantasm. “Children should, indeed, be enthusiastic towards learning.”

The scene froze. Many people inched away from the Hound of Ulster, who looked disturbingly blue in the face.

“…excuse me?” There was, somewhat surprisingly, no outrage or even irritation in those words. If anything, her body seemed to vibrate even more excitedly.

“Immortal as you may be, you have only lived a couple thousand years at most, Lady Scathach. At the time I took my own life in front of our Master, I had existed for well over ten thousand years. To my eyes, Lady Scathach, you are as much a child as our Master over there. It is by no means an insult, merely a statement of fact.”

Cu Chulainn released a choked gasp, to which the smirking Master quickly responded.

“You get it now.”

The most famous Irish hero nodded dumbly. Indeed, it was obvious in hindsight.

For the first time since forever, Scathach was meeting an opponent who had lived longer and possessed more experience.

For the first time since forever, Scathach was the student.

“Come,” taunted the primordial weapon. “Let us see whether you truly stand at the pinnacle of the spear. I am but a mere weapon; it is my honor to nurture your technique in this day.”

Scathach let herself shudder one last time. For a moment there, she could almost swear her eyes had moistened with unshed tears. But the ticklish feeling passed just as quickly, as she felt she was standing before a mountain. Šarur had not moved an inch, but Scathach was sure she had flicked the mental switch to “combat mode”. Even without the poisonous aura she heard was one of her Noble Phantasms, the unmoving figure of Šarur filled the mind with the impression of an unbreakable object. It almost made her fear her spears would shatter on contact with Šarur’s skin. It was unreasonable, but that was the sheer impression this ancient being radiated by just being there.

She went all out.

“Uwah!” The young Master reflexively moved to catch Mashu as she stumbled backwards. He could understand her; the stillness of the precombat exchange had been almost instantaneously replaced with ultraviolence. It was pointless for him to watch; his eyes could not follow. He glanced at the two EMIYAs, who were obviously pushing the limits of their superhuman dynamic vision. As for himself, he could only the see crimson trails of Scathach’s cursed spear.

“They’re even!” Mashu exclaimed excitedly, her hands jerking from side to side as if holding an invisible shield to stop invisible attacks.

“No, they’re not,” Lancelot refuted. “She is still stopping those spears with her bare hands.”

“But teach’s getting faster…!” Cu Chulainn added, his grin showing rows of pearly teeth.

The opaque sounds of the spears meeting flesh without piercing it became a threnody of drumming as the witch of the Land of Shadows kicked it up another gear. He could vaguely catch glimpses of their faces in the storm. Even if he could not follow their actions, Scathach’s steel determination told him she was truly giving it her all; each of her attacks was meant to be a lethal blow.

In the end, he could only grasp the flow of battle through commentary.

“There!”

“No, feints don’t seem to work against her.”

“This might just be the kind of target you just can’t kill, old man.”

“Wouldn’t ‘dismantle’ be the right word in her case?”

“Uwah. Harsh.”

It was resolved just as quickly as it began.

There was a new sound; the all too familiar clash of metal against metal. Scathach jumped backwards, putting some distance. There was now a weapon in Šarur’s hand. The Master vaguely heard Cu Chulainn shouting something behind him.

And then it was over.

Šarur’s was standing on one of the spears, her left foot pinning the tip to the ground, the right a mere step away from Scathach’s hand. The sickle sword caressed the side of the spearwoman’s neck. Everybody partook of that moment of stillness.

“You understand your mistake.”

Scathach lowered her second spear and her opponent stepped back. She could not look straight at her opponent; her body shook at she came to terms with what had just happened.

“I...reached the conclusion that I could only beat you with my Noble Phantasm, and immediately acted on it.”

Šarur nodded while moving further backwards, as if allowing her opponent a moment of respite.

Scathach was shaking again. She had to be consciously mindful not to drop her weapons by accident.

It really did not mean anything. Šarur was far from invincible, so the result of this brief exchange was unimportant. Scathach had not done anything wrong—using Gáe Bolg was the optimal tactic; switching to that tactic was the optimal action. Scathach had done the right thing: if she wanted to kill Šarur, Gáe Bolg would succeed 100% of the time.

But it was precisely because it was the best tactic that it had been a mistake to switch gears to use it.

The optimal tactic was not the best tactic.

Cu Chulainn’s trepidation had long changed into amusement which was shared with the Master.

How could not they be amused by the sight of that fearsome Scathach making such a girly smile? How could it be anything but cute, the sight of a Scathach that still could not believe she could learn something new?

“Try again, Lady Scathach. Let us see if the Queen of the Land of Shadows has not forgotten how to learn from her mistakes.”

The words sent a jolt throughout her body. Something long dormant awoke inside that long-lived warrior. A distinct, very special joy that she had only imparted, never received. Later she would think back on it and feel herself a little bit closer to her cherished student, perhaps thinking she could understand him a little bit better.

But that was for later. This moment was hers and only hers.

“Yes! I’m thankful for your guidance, Teacher!”

“Huh?” Of course, this was the Šarur unaccustomed to the simplest forms of praise.

“Here I come!”

“Eh? Wai—!”

The King of Weapons got really close to experiencing a really embarrassing death.

Overenthusiastic children are scary!

END

Šargaz
    Crusher of Thousands, Left Hand of the War God

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 0
    Maximum Targets: Self

Šarur’s “twin little sister”. War God Ninurta’s second mace, held in his left hand. The Crusher of Thousands. Identical to Šarur in appearance and autonomy, but lacking in the ability to make her own choices—obviously, these twins were developed to test two different paradigms on autonomous weapons. Šargaz is the War God’s doll, capable of independent action but incapable of independent thought. Unlike Šarur, who possesses the ability to create new information from self-reflection without additional external input, Šargaz’s artificial intelligence was developed merely through watching her older sister and developing behavioral patterns from what she records. Thus, in a way, Šargaz was Šarur’s first and most precious student.

Šarur is the superior intellect, but Šargaz possesses the superior stats. The details are unknown, but it appears her Gaia Reactor is specialized on the single function of “manipulation of gravitational forces”. Also, there is apparently some ability to reproduce the appearance, skills and techniques of other beings, but, again, the details are unclear.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; September 16th, 2017 at 09:00 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, oh dang.

Now that is a good one right there.

Lycodrake is a lucky guy having that dedicated to him.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; March 8th, 2017 at 06:20 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...I'm back, you guys! Can't get rid of the Royd that easily! Expect genderbends galore from here on out mwahahahahaaa!!

Seriously though, all the issues I had with accessing the forum have been cleared away now. Best I can tell, it was just the result of a networking cable I'd plugged in the wrong way. Sorry I wasn't able to comment on all these good Servant sheets y'all posted up, but I'll try to do my best from here on out. And after spending some time off BL, I've gotten a couple ideas of my own brewing up that you can expect in the not-so-distant future...

Blog Entries
    Also, holy crud is that Sarur sheet up above freaking incredible. Daneel's ability to craft ridiculously in-depth and flavorful sheets for such sparsely detailed figures from Mesopotamian myth is downright breathtaking.

Hmm... as fellow living weapons, I wonder how she'd get along with Enkidu?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    ...I'm back, you guys!
    Fuck.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    Fuck.
    You'll be pleased to know the feeling is mutual in that regard.

Fuck.
    Gally and Royd, commenting in a thread, P-O-S-T-I-N-G, first comes dislike, then comes feuding, then comes jokes about them arguing and being like an old married couple.

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    I have no idea why Royd and Gally has this... Atmosphere between them.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

Quote Originally Posted by MehKitteh View Post
    maybe because this:
    Fuck.
    Means something completely different if you reinterpret Gally's single word with multiple meanings.

XD

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    imma just come out and say it
    its literally sexual tension
    i can feel it from my computer screen
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Expect genderbends galore from here on out mwahahahahaaa!!
    Let me guess, worlds most infamous sis-con Cesare Borgia using Imperial Privilege to take on the form of Lucrezia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    imma just come out and say it
    its literally sexual tension
    i can feel it from my computer screen
    Either that or they just plain don't like each other.
    Given how I've seen people act in the workplace it could be either.

I wonder if we could trick them into having an internet blind date.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MehKitteh View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I'm not really sure either. For some reason we just tend to really rub off each other the wrong way (or at least Gally does for me, I can't claim to speak for him/her).

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say it's because Gally tends to make a lot of one-note "snarky" posts, triggering my defensive/neurotic side that leads to me feeling I need to reply back. However, since Gally's posts as well as being snarky are also usually extremely short and vague I can rarely rebut anything s/he says in a straightforward way, hence it tends to dissolve into mostly contentless bickering and hazy animosity.

Or... y'know, we just secretly want to bang each other. That works too, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me guess, worlds most infamous sis-con Cesare Borgia using Imperial Privilege to take on the form of Lucrezia.
    Honestly, I wasn't really thinking of anything in particular when I made the above comment. Still, a Borgia sheet would be interesting but I doubt I have the Italian history chops to pull it off...

You can definitely expect some genderbends from me in the future, that is once I get back to writing Servant sheets....

Or... y'know, we just secretly want to bang each other. That works too, of course.
    You're posting on the one thread in which some wicked person turned Medusa's eternal hate for the man who killed her into being Tsundere. Whaddya think we're going to conclude?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Either that or they just plain don't like each other.
    Given how I've seen people act in the workplace it could be either.
    Why did he not understand?
    The hate that caused him to reincarnate stay in the thread and wait for Arcueid Royd.
    That isn't hatred.
    The man called Roa Shrapnel was so pure, he didn't even understand his own emotions.
    To think about someone else so much it makes you go almost crazy. That feeling is very similar to hatred.

But, merely a single word.
    If this man called Roa Shrapnel could have been told his feeling was love, he wouldn't have made this mistake---
    tell me i'm wrong
    srsly tell me this makes no sense in this context
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Make a fic about replacing the novel with apt bl references.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Make a fic about replacing the novel with apt bl references.
    i need to finish my contest fic first