Page 462 of 680 FirstFirst ... 362412452457460461462463464467472512562 ... LastLast
Results 9,221 to 9,240 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

Thanks for your work Otherside!

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Finished chapter 18 and it pretty much completely spelled out that
    Spoiler:
    the crossbow ghost is actually the Daijiaoyu (is that how you spell it? I can't Chinese). Narita's tweet kinda also did that but in the actual book they say "I was once called god somewhere else" so that's confirmation enough.

By the way did You say anything about the Prelatis' motivations? Because they just drop a huge bomb about that in this chapter and I don't remember anyone commenting on it.
    Could you shared a link or the spelling to look up who you're talking about, a google search doesn't gave me anything for that name
    About the Prelati's, I don't remember talk about their motivations either

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    didn't they want to destroy Magic

JP Friend Code
    Thanks for your translation, OtherSideofSky

(also thanks to those than answered my question yesterday)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Thanks for the translation.

I assume “If I were here as a kind, I would dismiss this as a jester’s antics, but if you interrupt my judgment, I will eliminate you.” should be "“If I were here as a king".

Thanks for the TL!

Honestly from the summaries it kinda seemed that Gil dominated the whole fight but the way it actually is they were about equal, with Alc being a more on the defensive. Seeing Nine Lives was pretty cool, especially how it's properties changed a couple of times in the fight to showcase the adaptability to whatever is needed.
    Also, Gil claiming he could easily dispel the corruption screams ''Chekhov's Gun''

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Could you shared a link or the spelling to look up who you're talking about, a google search doesn't gave me anything for that name

That's the guy

About the Prelati's, I don't remember talk about their motivations either
    Spoiler:
    Francesca already mentioned in previous volumes that her to goal is to use the Grail to "clear that Great Labyrinth". The biggest implication here is that she's talking about Caubac's Labyrinth, so the clear condition for it should be taking the Triten (aka Hibiki) out of it. We can't figure out why because we still haven't had the explanation for what the Triten does.

This goal is restated here but worded like this:
    I'm so excited. Even the entrance to that pesky Great Labyrinth is hard to find. But I wonder, when we let the Grail's power clear the maze for us and we get the miniature of the world hidden on its dephts, how much will we be able to expose the world?
    There's really a lot to unpack here. First, the labyrinth's prize is a miniature of the world, which implies Hibiki is a living Chaldeas. That's really absurd at first glance, but rechecking the information, it actually makes sense. The Triten is described as the conclusion to Caubac's thoughts and Caubac claimed his field of expertise was "defining a destination, then indicating the path to the future by altering the initial conditions". That sounds enough like Rayshifting to solve a Singularity (with the determined destination being the proper hystory) to convice me.

Then there's the part that they want to use that Chaldeas rip-off to "expose the world", which sounds disturbingly familiar to whatever Holmes' shady business is. Suddenly Mahou Tsukai no Hako became the most relevant entry to FGO's current plot.

US Friend Code
    Spoiler:
    "Expose the world" sounds to me like it's either a) revealing magecraft to the world or b) fucking with humanity's texture.

More immediately though I know Caubac is Alcatraz but have never heard of Mahou Tsukai no Hako or Hibiki. I'm totally lost here.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Not green girl from Ahnenerbe.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder now that Gil is KO'd and in the afterlife if Ishtar can pop open the Gate and raid his front closet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Quoren View Post
    Thanks for the translation.

I assume “If I were here as a kind, I would dismiss this as a jester’s antics, but if you interrupt my judgment, I will eliminate you.” should be "“If I were here as a king".
    Yes, thanks for pointing that out. Fixed now.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuno View Post
    Going for F/Unlimited Codes, one of Heracles' moves is named after the version of him stomping the crab (during the second labour) which became Cancer
    Nemean Leo, yo
    Outside of the Zodiac there's also Draco and Hydra. Taurus is the Cretan Bull depending on the version.
    Last edited by Zork Knight; January 19th, 2020 at 12:48 PM.

Huh, there are locked areas further inside GoB, eh? Assuming Ishtar only has access to the frontal areas.This reeks of Gil only being mostly dead (ala: Princess Bride).

Blog Entries
    It's where Ea is stored, yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post

That's the guy

Spoiler:
    Francesca already mentioned in previous volumes that her to goal is to use the Grail to "clear that Great Labyrinth". The biggest implication here is that she's talking about Caubac's Labyrinth, so the clear condition for it should be taking the Triten (aka Hibiki) out of it. We can't figure out why because we still haven't had the explanation for what the Triten does.

This goal is restated here but worded like this:

There's really a lot to unpack here. First, the labyrinth's prize is a miniature of the world, which implies Hibiki is a living Chaldeas. That's really absurd at first glance, but rechecking the information, it actually makes sense. The Triten is described as the conclusion to Caubac's thoughts and Caubac claimed his field of expertise was "defining a destination, then indicating the path to the future by altering the initial conditions". That sounds enough like Rayshifting to solve a Singularity (with the determined destination being the proper hystory) to convice me.

Then there's the part that they want to use that Chaldeas rip-off to "expose the world", which sounds disturbingly familiar to whatever Holmes' shady business is. Suddenly Mahou Tsukai no Hako became the most relevant entry to FGO's current plot.
    Thanks, now I get why most people on tieba were comenting just spoilerSea God to that
    And the bit about the Prelatis is interesting but now I have to check yet another TM work LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Taurus is the Cretan Bull depending on the version.
    Is the one that carried Europa on FGO, not the one from Herc's Labor

JP Friend Code
    Is the one that carried Europa on FGO, not the one from Herc's Labor
    Both, depends on which version of the myth
    https://www.theoi.com/Ther/TaurosKretaios.html

Both, depends on which version of the myth
    https://www.theoi.com/Ther/TaurosKretaios.html
    You didn't got what I said
    In FGO, in both Europa's profile and my room lines is explicitly stated that the bull form Zeus took to carry her to Creta is Taurus
    I know, IRL is either of the two depending of the myth, the writers chose Europa's in this case

JP Friend Code
    I meant in some versions the bull who took Europa and the one in Herks labour is the same one

I meant in some versions the bull who took Europa and the one in Herks labour is the same one
    Ah, ok, but there isn't any indication of that being the case on Fate, specially because Europa's profile emphatizes the bull was Zeus himself
    And althought the idea of Herc wrestling his dad and taking him as prize for a zoo just to set it free later sounds funny, I don't think the writers would go with that

JP Friend Code
    And althought the idea of Herc wrestling his dad and taking him as prize for a zoo just to set it free later sounds funny, I don't think the writers would go with that
    Maybe since FGO merely treats it as his avatar.
    Certainly not as funny as imagining if they chose the version of the myth where Herk bangs Echidna in a cave

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    I can't believe Edgy McEdge failed to kill a single policeman

Btw, the demon appearance literary snapped out of Alkeides with Flat spell, right? that means he was fighting in "normal" appearance?