Page 3807 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 280733073707375737973802380538063807380838093812381738573907 ... LastLast
Results 76,121 to 76,140 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

US Friend Code
    That means Dino King is the real Huitzilopochtli then. Even if they never use the name, that's who Blue Tezcatlipoca is. Weird that there's no blue in his design.

All of the Tezcas except White/Quetz just being aspects of one god is pretty lame honestly.

Servant Conception Extraordinaire MoonCell's Avatar
    I feel like they are going with only Quetzalcoatl and Tezcatlipoca (making the red and blue ones just facets) being children of Ometeotl and responsible for creation, with Huitzilopochtli following the myth where he is Coatlicue's child and constantly battling his siblings.

I celebrated Tlaloc being Tenochtitlan because I believed it would allow Huitzilopochtli the chance to be his own Servant eventually. Little did I know that as soon as I let my guard down, I gave Nasu an opening to disappoint me yet again.

At least Tlaloc (true) should still be safe.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thought: Aren't Type Venus's servants called 'angels'? Or, like, they look like angels or whatever their circumstance is. Does that tie in with the "exoanthropic" thing in any way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Thought: Aren't Type Venus's servants called 'angels'? Or, like, they look like angels or whatever their circumstance is. Does that tie in with the "exoanthropic" thing in any way?
    From what I understand, Venus' angels are really its spores (it's just a big plant). They are called angels because they look like angel-type A-Rays, which in turn are called that because they look like beautiful humans with wings. I do think there might be something there, but as far as I can tell it's just a superficial "looks like x" kind of thing.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Castellan View Post
    I'm reminded of some of the constructivist literature I've read in my psych classes, but that's more generally applicable to stories and the sort of...imagined possibility space of them in general and so it just tends to go really well with stories that are metatextual.

Might need to break out the textbooks again.
    It does seem that way but a lot more literal when both Nasu and Honkai use, as in treating worlds as "stories".

In Honkai they refer to the human ways of "making what is imaginary become real" as "narratives" and "reason" (理), how humans constantly define and redefine the human world by changing the "narrative" of what is possible and what is not. And civilization grows from such "fiction" but transcends reality. This is very similar to what we know about the Human Order 人理 in TM. The new narrative (理) created by advancement of human civilization ends up erasing the Age of Gods "narrative". The pruning system also functions with the meta reason of keeping worlds (stories, ideas, narratives) with a lot of potential while eliminating those that is deemed "bad". Worlds where humanity are doomed are "too bad" and worlds where humanity became way too advanced are "ideas" deemed to be "too good to be true" so they must become "impossibilities" and "fictional".

And since the relationship between the two concepts are of equal importance (Honkai explains it with quantum's Qubit and "nothingness = infinity" from Taoism ideas which had my mind spinning), fiction and reality are interchangeable. Honkai uses this for the Herrscher of Reason. She usually fights by conjuring any constructs that mankind can understand and create. But by using the idea of "transcending reality with new fiction" she can create scifi futuristic constructs way beyond the capabilities of 21st century humans.

That is what caught my attention. Marisbilly was able to create a new planet, bringing the Lostbelts back, and plans to expand the sphere of human awareness to way beyond the solar system. In Honkai's terms, he is redefining and expanding mankind's narrative/reason (理). In TM's terms, he is ensuring the Human Order (人理).

Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    From what I understand, Venus' angels are really its spores (it's just a big plant). They are called angels because they look like angel-type A-Rays, which in turn are called that because they look like beautiful humans with wings. I do think there might be something there, but as far as I can tell it's just a superficial "looks like x" kind of thing.
    That being said:

- The original A-Ray angel was "from the old world's largest religion". That's a strange statement to make, and I have no idea what it implies. But I think angels from Christianity and exoanthropic angels may be distinct things, although there could be a connection (kind of like 'false demons' and 'true demons'). It should be noted that the angel A-Rays have power comparable to nuclear explosives.

- On that note, it certainly makes one wonder if exoanthropic angels did not lead to the human perception of angels. V/V states that her form is of an angel because it is the image humans had that was closest to what she looked like. Later, Type-Saturn has the shape of a giant cross. This is distinctly Christian imagery, but there's no reason to suggest any of the Types had contact with human cultures at any point before they arrived on Earth. Venus certainly didn't, anyway.

- Daybit's father's artifact resembles an angel halo.

So my theory is that the human concept of angels developed from early contact with exoanthropic lifeforms and artifacts. Angels don't look like Christian imagery, Christian imagery looks like angels.

But in the end this all just ties back to it being one big Evangelion reference yet again go d m da m n b i
    Last edited by Formless Creature; February 3rd, 2023 at 01:43 AM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    It does seem that way but a lot more literal when both Nasu and Honkai use, as in treating worlds as "stories".

In Honkai they refer to the human ways of "making what is imaginary become real" as "narratives" and "reason" (理), how humans constantly define and redefine the human world by changing the "narrative" of what is possible and what is not. And civilization grows from such "fiction" but transcends reality. This is very similar to what we know about the Human Order 人理 in TM. The new narrative (理) created by advancement of human civilization ends up erasing the Age of Gods "narrative". The pruning system also functions with the meta reason of keeping worlds (stories, ideas, narratives) with a lot of potential while eliminating those that is deemed "bad". Worlds where humanity are doomed are "too bad" and worlds where humanity became way too advanced are "ideas" deemed to be "too good to be true" so they must become "impossibilities" and "fictional".

And since the relationship between the two concepts are of equal importance (Honkai explains it with quantum's Qubit and "nothingness = infinity" from Taoism ideas which had my mind spinning), fiction and reality are interchangeable. Honkai uses this for the Herrscher of Reason. She usually fights by conjuring any constructs that mankind can understand and create. But by using the idea of "transcending reality with new fiction" she can create scifi futuristic constructs way beyond the capabilities of 21st century humans.

That is what caught my attention. Marisbilly was able to create a new planet, bringing the Lostbelts back, and plans to expand the sphere of human awareness to way beyond the solar system. In Honkai's terms, he is redefining and expanding mankind's narrative/reason (理). In TM's terms, he is ensuring the Human Order (人理).
    So like, expanding humanity's awareness of the wider universe? Maybe by using World Egg theory of swapping the inside with the outside, I suppose it effectively shrinks the universe into a much more observable model structure, without the need of deploying satellites like Voyager.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    So like, expanding humanity's awareness of the wider universe? Maybe by using World Egg theory of swapping the inside with the outside, I suppose it effectively shrinks the universe into a much more observable model structure, without the need of deploying satellites like Voyager.
    I'm thinking more along the lines of using fiction to construct new reality, using fakes to replace what is real. He created a new "Earth", the galaxies aren't real but defined as galaxies. If he can expand his "fiction" across the observable universe, then his fiction will end up replacing reality and be the "new" reality.

Blog Entries
    That might explain why Marisbury started/allow the start of the Beast cycle. He needed to make Chaldea necessary to humanity's survival so that the Counter Force didn't just nuke Antarctica off the map before he could get the Trees down.

----------------------

The Tezca thing is so stupid I'm just going to pretend it's not real, honestly.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Which Tezca thing?

I assume it's the "Xipe Totec and Huitzilopochtli are just aspects of Tezcatlipoca and don't get to be their own characters" thing since that's what we were discussing before.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle dualblade's Avatar
    I don't know why it took me so long to realize, but Olga not being part of the plan makes Douman's plan to make his own Alien God make way more sense now if he already knew Olga being such was a fluke.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    I assume it's the "Xipe Totec and Huitzilopochtli are just aspects of Tezcatlipoca and don't get to be their own characters" thing since that's what we were discussing before.
    It's actually worse since Tezcatlipoca is also implied to be the same as Mictlantecuhtli, and a few other Mayan gods as well. Nasu's syncretism addiction is cancerous lol.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    It's actually worse since Tezcatlipoca is also implied to be the same as Mictlantecuhtli, and a few other Mayan gods as well. Nasu's syncretism addiction is cancerous lol.
    Holy crap I'm going to have a blood vessel burst. Why on Earth would you just eliminate a huge swath of gods like this? Only someone who's absolutely convinced their syncretic interpretation of things is the most awesome thing they've ever done would do something like this. How is this guy Mictlantecuhtli? He realizes that these two gods are explicitly separate in the same defining myth, right?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by dualblade View Post
    I don't know why it took me so long to realize, but Olga not being part of the plan makes Douman's plan to make his own Alien God make way more sense now if he already knew Olga being such was a fluke.
    Oh, good point. He's essentially tried to make his own Apostle on par with Olga, or elevate himself into one. Which makes me think, that apparently a Beast Saint Graph is the requirement of becoming one, meaning Olga still count as a Beast, or at least its offshoot. Yet Excalicannon didn't work on her since she had Defender of Humanity trait despite being a Beast. Questions, questions, and more questions.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Based syncretism, making it so we get even less divine spirits. Good.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Is it because the 'afterlife' that Guda, and later on Daybit visited where they met Tezca is called Mictlampa, which I guess is Mictlantecuhtli's domain?

Servant Conception Extraordinaire MoonCell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Is it because the 'afterlife' that Guda, and later on Daybit visited where they met Tezca is called Mictlampa, which I guess is Mictlantecuhtli's domain?
    AFAIK Mictlampa is just the name of the northern part of the world, which Tezcatlipoca represents (Quetz represents the West, Cihuatlampa, Huitzlopochtli the South, Huitztlampa, and Xipe Totec the East, Tlahuiztlampa).

>is teased for years
    >shows up
    >has legendarily terrible ascension art
    >jaguar cartel for some reason
    >casually takes your command spells
    >likes guns but can't even use them right
    >makes life way harder for literally anyone who wants to write or speculate about Aztec mythology in the Nasuverse
    >for no reason whatsoever
    >can just swap the future and the present
    >holds dominion over life and death
    >revives a caricature of Montezuma II just to sacrifice him
    >takes Hassan's Grand Assassin spot for no reason other than he rescinded it and there needs to be somebody in that slot
    >refuses to elaborate
    >leaves
    Last edited by Formless Creature; February 5th, 2023 at 01:56 AM.