Page 100 of 188 FirstFirst ... 5090959899100101102105110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 3745

Thread: Create your own Modern Fiction Servants

Hey, you think I should transfer the mythological / legendary Servants I did here to the GD Thread? Just remembered it existed...^^;;;

Edit:
    Something I've started, not sure if I'll finish it any time soon...

Spirit Name: Commander Shepard

Servant Class: Archer, Assassin, Caster, Rider

Strength: D (C as Archer)

Agility: C

Endurance: B

Magical Energy: D (C as Caster)

Luck: C

Class Skills:
    Independent Action - A

Ride - B (Vehicles only)

Personal Skills:
    N7: Engineer - B (N7 engineer training, hacking, machining, and omnitool weaponry) (Special abilities maximum Rank) (Rider only)

N7: Infiltrator - B (N7 infiltrator training, hacking, stealth capabilities) (Special abilities maximum Rank) (Assassin only)

N7: Soldier - B (N7 soldier training, ammo modifications, general weapon mastery, enhanced reaction times) (Special abilities maximum Rank) (Archer only)

N7: Vanguard - B (N7 vanguard training, small scale gravity manipulation) (Special abilities maximum Rank) (Caster only)

Reputation: Paragon / Renegade - A (Works like Charisma) (Furthermore, allow for the Servant to interrupt key moments regardless of timing or other factors, the type of interrupt depends on Reputation) (Contest's relevant Skill in those cases, such Protection from Arrows during a Renegade Interrupt, or Mad Enhancement while trying to reason during a Paragon Interrupt)

Small Unit Tactics - A (N7 leadership training, counters Military Tactics, allows attacks to stack Ranks against a single target (i.e. Biotic Pull (C) + Krogan Charge (B) + Biotic Charge (B) = B+ Ranked Attack) (A+ if Archer, adds (+) to the stacked attack Rank)

Noble Phantasms:
    N7 Armor and Weapons (C)
    (Shot Gun, Heavy Pistol, Heavy Weapon)(Caster) (Sniper Rifle, Assault Rifle, Heavy Weapon)(Archer) (Sniper Rifle, Heavy Pistol, Heavy Weapon)(Assassin) (Heavy Pistol, Submachine Gun, Heavy Weapon)(Rider) (Easily modded armor, weapons, and ammo)

Unity (B)
    (All team mates from all three games, can summon two at a time to help with a situation, none of their ranks can accede the rank of this Noble Phantasm, the Servant provides his companions with weapons, so their weapon attack ranks cannot accede the N7 Noble Phantasm's Rank after modifications to the Rank are applied) (Boosts N7 NP to C+) (B+ if Archer, N7 NP boosted to C++)

The Normandy (A+)
    (Summons the ship for bombardment, can also use it to summon the Mako, Hammerhead, or Kodiak) (Rider only)

Project Lazarus (EX)
    (By using all remaining command seals, the Servant can be brought back to life, and can be granted a different Servant Class, however, the Summoner must find out the Servant's true identity before the death of the Servant) (For each extra Command Seal lost this way, the Servant returns with enhanced Attributes and Skills (an extra '+')) (If the Servant was a Renegade, the Noble Phantasm, Spectre Status can be lost for good after resurrection) (One time only)

Spectre Status (A)
    (All Law Enforcement, Military Organizations follow his commands. All assets of the organizations are free for him to requisition when he wishes, as is Intelligence)
    Last edited by qsurf; October 21st, 2012 at 04:26 PM.
    Servant Profile: Idea Generator
    Reality Marble: Countless Creations, Intense Inferno, Vast Vista
    Score: 7 (Where's mah Grail!)

Random Servant Profile: Fraggle's Cult
    (I knew I had this lying around somewhere!)
    Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qsurf View Post
    Hey, you think I should transfer the mythological / legendary Servants I did here to the GD Thread? Just remembered it existed...^^;;;
    It's not a strict thing. This thread even has 'myth' as the first possibility. But that's just how the delineation has worked out over time. (I used to post all my myth/history profiles here too).

I think General just lends itself a bit better to arguing over 'real' stuff. Whereas the fanfic section's more speculative, and already includes characters from other franchises anyway since we host crossovers here too.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Not sure where my question goes, but it does pertain to this thread, as I'm in the middle of a huge Servant sheet.

How exactly are Servant classes...generated? Does it depend on the Master/Servant combo, or just the skills of the Servant themselves they had before death? basically what are the requirements for Servants like Rider and Berserker? Those are the ones I'm having the most trouble with, and the rule set I gave myself when creating the entire sheets. Do they just have to be good at what they do, like riding and killing, or is it something more? sorry, I just feel dumb here, as my memory isn't as good as usual and I don't think F/SN or EXTRA explained how this happens. Can't comment on HA, haven't got it running yet and I don't have the full translation anyways.
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    A Servant is summoned based on a catalyst, whether a physical object which has an association with the appropriate Heroic Spirit or through the Master's personality if there's no physical object. Although both the Heroic Spirit and the Master (in special circumstances) can affect the class, the combination of the two has no specific bearing on the class chosen.

However, the Holy Grail system only looks for the Heroic Spirits that match its archetypes of Saber, Lancer, Archer etc. If a Servant doesn't fit a class, they can't be summoned. Additionally, only one copy of any class is present in each Grail War. If a Saber is already summoned, other Servants can't take that class. Resultantly, Diarmuid was forced into another of the classes he qualified for, Lancer, because Artoria had already been summoned as Saber.

The archetypes are roughly these:

Saber - good stats all-round, except in MGI. Was a knight who used a sword in legend. Likely to have burst-type attacks.
    Lancer - also good all-round, although not to the extent of Saber. Should have excelled particularly in agility.
    Archer - possessed a powerful projectile weapon.
    Rider - rode some form of transport and was skilled with weapons relating to the same.
    Caster - only needs to be very skilled in magecraft.
    Assassin - one of the seventeen Hassans.
    Berserker - went insane during life. The Master can force the Berserker class for any Heroic Spirit (assuming they did go mad) with some extra lines added to the summoning.
    Last edited by Seika; October 22nd, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashifan727 View Post
    Not sure where my question goes, but it does pertain to this thread, as I'm in the middle of a huge Servant sheet.

How exactly are Servant classes...generated? Does it depend on the Master/Servant combo, or just the skills of the Servant themselves they had before death? basically what are the requirements for Servants like Rider and Berserker? Those are the ones I'm having the most trouble with, and the rule set I gave myself when creating the entire sheets. Do they just have to be good at what they do, like riding and killing, or is it something more? sorry, I just feel dumb here, as my memory isn't as good as usual and I don't think F/SN or EXTRA explained how this happens. Can't comment on HA, haven't got it running yet and I don't have the full translation anyways.
    It is all in the manual comrade: http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Servant

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Lancer - also good all-round, although not to the extent of Saber. Should have excelled particularly in agility. Also have horrible Luck, for some reason.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Fixed.
    Even Enkidu? ...wait, yeah, nevermind.

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Ah, thanks guys. This is a good help, and I'm also using stuff from here too. Making my head spin though; I feel stupid but I get the gist of it.

It's like, basically the way I have the sheets set up is the Servants class/skills/stats without enhancement from the environment or the Master. Then when I have everything set up in terms of characters, both Servants and Masters, I'm gonna adjust them accordingly. It's just hard finding good retro characters that fit the classes and aren't too OP. Basically, I want everyone to be more or less equal, in that with the right prep and skills/time even a Caster can beat a Saber or etc. I can't explain it well; thanks anyway though.

Was it ever mentioned in EXTRA about the Moon Cell's virtual Environment affecting stats? I don't believe it would, seeing as its making something real out of an idea or something.
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    For a project I'm working on.

Class: Caster
    True Name: ???(He doesn't know, but it's HFnormal!Shirou)
    Master: Ryuunosuke Uryuu
    Alignment: True Neutral

Stats
    Strength: E
    Agility: C
    Endurance: C
    Magical Energy: C
    Luck: E

Class Skills
    Item Creation: Lost
    Territory Creation: Lost

Personal Skills
    Independent Action: C, capable of existing in the world for a single day without a contract.
    Eye of the Mind(True): C, imperfect analysis of battle conditions, allows for victory against overwhelming odds.
    Magic Resistance: D, can cancel single action spells.
    Clairvoyance: D, Far greater than normal sight. Caster can easily track a target at distances exceeding 2 Kilometers.
    Magecraft: D, Not even a third rate magus in life, the only magecraft Caster can use outside of his "Noble Phantasm" is structural analysis.
    Mental Pollution: D, his mind has turned into blades. That coupled with his already inhuman mindset makes reasoning with others very difficult.

Noble Phantasm
    Unlimited Blade Works
    E-A++
    Item Creation, Territory Creation, and Caster's qualification for the class are all fulfilled with this ability. A reality marble that allows Caster to overwrite the world temporarily with a field filled with every weapon he and Archer have ever seen. Can be utilized as a form of advanced projection. It is the only thing Caster can do. Because of the two conflicting versions of this ability within Servant Caster, it is incredibly unstable when deployed.

??????
    EX
    A powerful artifact fused with Caster's existence. It along with a red jewel he carries and some shards of memory are the only mementos of his previous life. Without a connection to the true owner of this phantasm, Caster cannot utilize it's full mystery, but he does receive a passive boost to his rate of regeneration and increased resistance to any foreign concepts imposed on his body.

A wraith who succeeded in his final task but failed to fulfill his true objective. Until he can ensure that Sakura will continue smiling his soul cannot find peace. Caster and another spirit were melded together to create this servant, though the second spirit's consciousness is suppressed to the point of nonexistence unless certain conditions are met.
    Last edited by Kelnish; October 22nd, 2012 at 02:37 PM.

Ah, thanks guys. This is a good help, and I'm also using stuff from here too. Making my head spin though; I feel stupid but I get the gist of it.

It's like, basically the way I have the sheets set up is the Servants class/skills/stats without enhancement from the environment or the Master. Then when I have everything set up in terms of characters, both Servants and Masters, I'm gonna adjust them accordingly. It's just hard finding good retro characters that fit the classes and aren't too OP. Basically, I want everyone to be more or less equal, in that with the right prep and skills/time even a Caster can beat a Saber or etc. I can't explain it well; thanks anyway though.

Was it ever mentioned in EXTRA about the Moon Cell's virtual Environment affecting stats? I don't believe it would, seeing as its making something real out of an idea or something.
    Here's the thing, they already can.

Hell in the Fate Route Medea had all but won the Holy Grail War when Gil stepped in and pretty much owned her for even thinking about enslaving Saber...which she could do by the way. In Fate Zero, the Caster, Bluebeard, could basically summon a shade of Cthultu and the Being's minions, it took goddamn Excalibur to beat him as the creature regenerated at absurd speeds.

In Fate Extra, the Caster you can summon is basically a piece of Japan's Principal Goddess. A Caster you fight in the game can summon things straight out of a fairy tale...like the Jabberwocky, and can make you forget everything you've ever learned or experienced.

...so yeah, Casters are actually serious threats, however, they don't usually do well in direct combat, so they tend to act indirectly and are very patiently lay the ground work for their plans.

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Okay, that was a lame example I admit. I really can't explain what I'm trying to go with here, I'll show a quick sheet of one of the Servants here: It's not done 100% mind you.

Name: Link (Saber class only so far)

Str: B
    End: C+
    Mag: E
    Agi: B
    Lck: D
    NP: B

Abilities:

Personal

Bravery (A): Using the Tri-Force, the user enhances their endurance. If one is not a hero, this skill gains one the opposite effect or doesn't work as well/at all. Self-skill.

Charisma: C

Expert of Many Specializations: C+

Eye of the Mind (False): C

Protection of the Fairies: B

Class

Magic Resistance: B

Noble P. Description: No idea what would be considered a NP for him. basically, his finisher move/game ender ability would be one. Like if he was an Archer: Light Arrows of Divine something or other would probably be his NP.
    Last edited by Kakashifan727; October 22nd, 2012 at 04:40 PM.
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    *raises hand*
    Do we have a really reliable source for info about abilities? I have two Servants I want to work on but dunno if I'm going to be accurate enough.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

I have no idea, I've honestly been using the Type Moon wiki for abilities and such, not knowing it isn't exactly the best source. I want to be as accurate with this as possible too, if I can.
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The Viking at Stamford Bridge

Class:
    Berserker

Strength:
    C

Endurance:
    A+

Agility:
    D

Magical Energy: D

Luck: D

Details:

A heroic spirit than can almost be considered an anomaly, an anti-hero with a legend but no name. The Viking at Stamford Bridge was a berserker without peer, a bodyguard to his king, and on the cold September day of 1066 AD earned his spot in the Throne. Outnumbered and ambushed, the Norwegian force of raiders was routed around the Stamford Bridge, and with battle lust in his eyes, the Viking asked his king one last favor - Let me die like a true warrior, and not from an arrow in the back. The king granted his wish. The Viking picked up his heavy axe, and stepped onto the Stamford Bridge, as the Saxons bore down on his king and country men. Not a single one would cross the bridge while he still had breath in his lungs and blood in his body. Bringing himself into a berserker frenzy, he cut down every single man who faced him. The wood beneath his feet and river below became filled with bodies, blood, and gore. Finally, a Saxon managed to skewer him in the groin from below, and the distraction was enough to cost him his life. He was immortalized in saga and Saxon history as the most ferocious warrior of his time.

Class Abilities:

Mad Enhancement (C+):
    Rank up for all parameters except Luck and Mana, but in exchange one can no longer think and speak properly. Compounded by bloodlust, for short periods of time the Strength stat can be boosted again.

Skills:

Protection from Arrows (D):
    Basic projectiles cannot effect or harm the user.

Battle Continuation (C):
    Ability to ignore pain. The Servant can fight on through otherwise crippling injuries.

Guardian Knight (D):
    The Luck parameter is increased while protecting a location, object, or the user’s Master.

Noble Phantasm - Warrior’s End: Vanguard of the Endless Halls of Odin (B) –
    Having chosen to die a warrior’s death, the Viking stood alone against the entire English army with nothing but his axe and mail, and madness of his berserker rage at his side. Despite the fact that his own people forgot his name, his enemies immortalized him as a symbol of ferocity unmatched. And yet he was not cut down from straight on, but below. No attack from the direction he faces can harm him, no matter its rank.

The embodiment of this entire Servant
    Last edited by Arch-Magos Winter; October 22nd, 2012 at 07:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    I had actually never heard of that dude's tale, but this a very cool profile for him!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I had actually never heard of that dude's tale, but this a very cool profile for him!
    Basically, the Saxons had the Vikings by the balls, having ambushed them around the Stamford bridge. The vikings went on full retreat, except for one warrior who asked his king one last boon: The death of a warrior. He got his wish. He carved a swath of destruction through every Saxon that attempted to cross the bridge. He held the bridge, single handedly, at 5000 or so to 1 odds for an entire hour. The river ran red with blood. He was finally killed when a clever Saxon speared him from below the bridge.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    Basically, the Saxons had the Vikings by the balls, having ambushed them around the Stamford bridge. The vikings went on full retreat, except for one warrior who asked his king one last boon: The death of a warrior. He got his wish. He carved a swath of destruction through every Saxon that attempted to cross the bridge. He held the bridge, single handedly, at 5000 or so to 1 odds for an entire hour. The river ran red with blood. He was finally killed when a clever Saxon speared him from below the bridge.
    Damn, that is a badass legend. You portrayed it really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    A Servant is summoned based on a catalyst, whether a physical object which has an association with the appropriate Heroic Spirit or through the Master's personality if there's no physical object. Although both the Heroic Spirit and the Master (in special circumstances) can affect the class, the combination of the two has no specific bearing on the class chosen.

However, the Holy Grail system only looks for the Heroic Spirits that match its archetypes of Saber, Lancer, Archer etc. If a Servant doesn't fit a class, they can't be summoned. Additionally, only one copy of any class is present in each Grail War. If a Saber is already summoned, other Servants can't take that class. Resultantly, Diarmuid was forced into another of the classes he qualified for, Lancer, because Artoria had already been summoned as Saber.

The archetypes are roughly these:

Saber - good stats all-round, except in MGI. Was a knight who used a sword in legend. Likely to have burst-type attacks.
    Lancer - also good all-round, although not to the extent of Saber. Should have excelled particularly in agility.
    Archer - possessed a powerful projectile weapon.
    Rider - rode some form of transport and was skilled with weapons relating to the same.
    Caster - only needs to be very skilled in magecraft.
    Assassin - one of the seventeen Hassans.
    Berserker - went insane during life. The Master can force the Berserker class for any Heroic Spirit (assuming they did go mad) with some extra lines added to the summoning.
    Wasn't there 19 Hassans?
    F/SN x Disgaea Cross
    Crimson Spears

Kyouko-chaaaaan~
    Spoiler:

Damn, he sounds like a BAMF. Wish we did more ancient history than just Greece and Rome; some of these things seem really cool and I can't be arsed to look them up. :P
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Damn, he sounds like a BAMF. Wish we did more ancient history than just Greece and Rome; some of these things seem really cool and I can't be arsed to look them up. :P
    http://www.badassoftheweek.com/index.html
    Just saved you a LOT of fucking time.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, that is a badass legend. You portrayed it really well.
    He was basically Rambo with a fucking greataxe. And a higher body count. And insane. And you could actually understand what he was saying when he wasn't flipping the fuck out and killing Saxons left and right while screaming like a man possessed.