Page 329 of 680 FirstFirst ... 229279319324327328329330331334339379429 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,580 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Is this the general consensus among readers of SF on this website about the characters shown so far?

Good Bad Meh (no strong opinions) Gilgamesh Spooky Nicholas Cage
    Richard
    Flat
    Jack
    Dumas
    Sigma
    Watcher
    Hanza
    Saint Germain
    Prelati
    Prelati
    Buzzcola
    Towel Head
    Faldeus
    Ayaka
    Tine
    Jester
    Zealot
    Orlando
    Tsubaki
    Pale Rider
    Enkidu
    Wolf
    True Berserker
    Filla
    Gilgamesh
    Jason
    Spooky Hassan Haruri
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Here's the afterword, closing out book 4. We are now caught up with the Japanese release.

FSF4 afterword

Afterword (Contains major spoilers for the main story; reading after finishing the book is recommended)

Me: "You know how I said I'd wrap things up in five books? That was a lie."
    Nasu: "I knew it."
    Sanda: "I just wonder how you didn't realize back in book three."

And so, I'm terribly sorry… As a result of my wanting to write fleshed-out episodes for all the factions, instead of just the main three, and also as a result of my playing the seven chapters and final chapter of Fate/GO, the plot has gotten considerably longer… When this volume only got up to the halfway point of what I was supposed to cover in volume four, I went, "Huh? I've filled up a whole book's worth?" and ended up in the predicament of putting preview scene from the end of the last volume in the endgame. My lack of foresight and the weakness of my mind, which gave in to the desire to write the Jack and Haruri factions as fully as Ayaka and co. instead of having them exit early, are the cause. So, while I sincerely apologize to the people who just thought, "But I bought it because it was supposed to end in five volumes!" I would appreciate it if you would bear with me for a few more books…!
    Now, to the people who have read to the end: I hope you now understand why I waited until after clearing FGO chapter 7 to write. Yes… it's about "her." "She's" been there since the plotting stage. Some time has passed since, one day, Nasu-san told me, "Oh yes, she's going to appear in FGO fused with ___, so take care," but I wanted to actually see "her" in action.

"Oh… I'd heard that she's 'a horrible being who doesn't understand the human heart,' so I was thinking of making her as kind of a minor hysteric, but she turned out to be such a good character, even if she is fused with ___. Can I really kill her off quickly? No, I can't!"
    With something like that, I started revising characters and ended up adding a lot of plot as a result. Hehehe. Still, since being charmed by her qualities as a character and raising her to be strong in-game, I've gotten fired up all over again.

Nasu: "Her raw personality, not fused with anyone? Add Tōsaka Rin and Luviagelita, divided by two and subtract most of the humanity. See? Simple, right?"
    Me: "You. Say that. So. Casually."

With new anime, FGO, Extra and more, the Fate series continues to produce new works. That provides a strong impetus to a spin-off author like me.
    I enjoy the tear- and laugh-filled stories of the UBW anime, FGO and the Extra games. At the same time, while I have nothing to do with the games and so on, to me and Sanda-san in our positions as spin-off authors, they're occasions for nervousness and heavy breathing. "____-san tossed a new setting detail into the script this time! And it's interesting, so I can't complain!"

Sanda: "SN Caster's Master was a middle-aged man of medium build! This Atrum guy's an oil baron, damn it!"
    Me: "Damn it! The setting! Bring me the setting! If this is how it's going to be, I'll make a real baccano out of it!"
    Sanda: "It's here, Narita! Ready-made details that I'm sure even Nasu-san's forgotten about!"
    Me: "Oh, well done!"
    In that spirit, we spent our days making progress with our work while fussing and occasionally conspiring with Mashin-san of Himuro no tenchi. Reconciling with the setting was hard work, but genuinely worth doing.
    Regarding well-known modern mages, they may no longer be mages in the TYPE-MOON world due to the concealment of Mystery, so don't let what Dumas says confuse you… Saint-Germain? Ha ha ha (deception).
    By the way, I suspect the phrase "Wallachian Night" in this volume may have caused some people who follow other TYPE-MOON works to think, "Huh?" Some may have already been confused about the phrase "Twenty-Seven Ancestors" in previous volumes.
    That concerns one of the parts that makes Fake "a completely different world even though the outcome is the same as SN," so I would be delighted if you would keep an eye on future developments in the Fate world.
    About Fake Caster's episodes and other characters: I generally consult biographies and reference books. When there is a discrepancy between those many sources and this text, I would appreciate it if you would decide that I've exaggerated the story and laugh it off…!

My editor, Anan-san, who I gave a lot of trouble with deadlines again this time, and everyone in the editorial department; all the Fate-related people, beginning with Higashide Yūichirō-san, Sakurai Hikaru-san, Urobuchi Gen-san, Mashin Eiichirō-san, Minase Hazuchi-san, and Hoshizora Meteo-san; Team Barrel Roll, who did part of the Servant background research for me; and Sanda Makoto-san, who, in addition to providing editorial oversight for magecraft, El-Melloi II's lines, etc., gave me a wonderful endorsement for the wrapper:
    Thank you very much!
    Morii Shizuki-san, who has found time in her busy schedule to produce wonderful illustrations and, most importantly, Nasu Kinoko-san, who created Fate and provided me with editorial oversight, along with everyone at TYPE-MOON, everyone on the Fate/Grand Order staff, who lifted my imagination with their wonderful production and story... and all the readers who picked up this book and made it this far:
    Thank you very much!

March 2017, "Once this crunch is over, I'm going to play Horizon and Zelda…"
    Narita Ryōgo

I'll put out an ebook for book 4 in the next few days. I just want to give myself and anyone else who would care to help time to spot errors or typos in this most recent section.

Sometime between now and the release of book 5, I plan to do a pass of editing on all the ebooks and update them. With permission, I may also edit together an ebook for book 1 so that people will have the option.

Here is a Google Doc for book 4:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by OtherSideofSky; July 23rd, 2017 at 02:45 AM. Reason: corrections

Quote Originally Posted by OtherSideofSky View Post
    Here's the afterword, closing out book 4. We are now caught up with the Japanese release.

I'll put out an ebook for book 4 in the next few days. I just want to give myself and anyone else who would care to help time to spot errors or typos in this most recent section.

Sometime between now and the release of book 5, I plan to do a pass of editing on all the ebooks and update them. With permission, I may also edit together an ebook for book 1 so that people will have the option.
    First and foremost, many thanks for your entire translation of volume 4! I am going on vacation in the near future, but I will do my best to check vol 4 before that. Hopefully I have the time to finish it. Anyway, thanks again for your time and effort. A final remark: My lack of foresight(,) the weakness of my mind, which gave in to the desire to write the Jack and Haruri factions as fully...

Also, who are the three main factions? I remember reading somewhere the main factions are supposed to be team Gil, team Saber and team Sigma though.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Phil12's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    304,680,406/Phil12
    I'm so glad he's taking his time with this. I wouldn't want another Apocrypha, though apocrypha had some issues from the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Is this the general consensus among readers of SF on this website about the characters shown so far?

Richard
    Flat
    Jack
    Sigma
    Hanza
    Prelati
    Prelati
    Buzzcola
    Towel Head
    Faldeus
    Dumas
    Watcher
    Saint Germain
    Ayaka
    Tine
    Jester
    Zealot
    Orlando
    Tsubaki
    Pale Rider
    Enkidu
    Wolf
    True Berserker
    Filla
    Gilgamesh
    Jason
    Spooky Hassan Haruri
    Changed a bit for my own opinions, but its generally the same.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Phil12's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    304,680,406/Phil12
    For me its more

Good Bad Meh (no strong opinions)
    Richard
    Flat
    Jack
    Sigma
    Hanza
    Prelati
    Prelati
    Dumas
    Buzzcola
    Edgy Herc
    Saint Germain
    Tsubaki
    Ayaka
    Tine
    Jester
    Zealot
    Orlando
    Pale Rider
    Enkidu
    Wolf
    True Berserker
    Filla
    Gilgamesh
    Spooky Hassan
    Faldeus
    Watcher
    Last edited by Phil12; July 23rd, 2017 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OtherSideofSky View Post
    The solemn voice of the man he had called "General" prompted Faldeus to turn his attention to the local news that had just run. Nothing, however, stuck out to him as particularly important, so he checked the national programs. There, he saw the news that a powerful candidate in the upcoming presidential election had died of natural causes.
    "Oh… And they said he had this election in the bag, too. Talk about bad luck. Still, I don't believe this directly concerns your section, General."
    R.I.P Fate World Trump (maybe?!)

But oh god, the image of Demon Alcides with a towel on his head is cracking me up. FSF keeps getting better.

Narita's getting too much influenced by FGO though...he's been bringing a lot of from the game.

I am somehow not that surprised by Ishtar but it's definitely an interesting development. The craziness keeps increasing, more and more developments are still happening. We are nowhere close to the end.

Thanks for the wonderful translation!

Can't wait for Vol. 5!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    At the very least, it's a good example of just how much influence Rin has on Ishtar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

祖 Ancestor

Richard
    Flat
    Jack
    Dumas
    Sigma
    Watcher
    Hanza
    Saint Germain
    Prelati
    Prelati
    Buzzcola
    Towel Head
    Faldeus
    Ayaka
    Tine
    Jester
    Zealot
    Orlando
    Tsubaki
    Pale Rider
    Enkidu
    Wolf
    True Berserker
    Filla
    Gilgamesh
    Jason
    Spooky Hassan Haruri
    Either I'm blind or you forgot Hippolyte.

Gilgamesh/Jason is best tier

Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    Either I'm blind or you forgot Hippolyte.

Gilgamesh/Jason is best tier
    And her Master, but that's just because of how forgettable they are and how little screen time they have.

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    And her Master, but that's just because of how forgettable they are and how little screen time they have.
    But...there's a wolf on that list.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like Hippolyta, though that maybe because of her strong anti-Archer vibe.

- - - Updated - - -

I assume there's at least some fanart of her interacting with Penny by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    But...there's a wolf on that list.
    A wolf that I'm pretty sure got more screentime than both Doris and Hippolyte.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So if I got this right, Ishtar, unfused with anyone, is a prototype of a destructive Tsun without the dere?

Now I know why he complained that Nasu said it so casually.

I can imagine Ishtar now... =.=
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Now how will the mage association cover this up?
    I doubt they can cover up a divine bull rampaging across America.
    With the way the keep adding shit to gils vault, soon he will have the root in it.

Life is short, we don't need to shitpost at eachother about nasu.

My opinion is somewhat different:

Good Bad Meh (no strong opinions but adequate)
    Gilgamesh
    Tine
    Richard
    Ayaka
    Jack
    Watcher
    Pale Rider
    Filla
    Alceides
    Baz
    Hanza
    Haruri
    True Assassin
    Jester
    Zealot
    Orlando
    Tsubaki
    Enkidu
    Wolf
    True Berserker
    Flat
    Dumas
    Sigma
    Saint Germain
    Hippolyte (and Doris)
    Saint Germain
    Faldeus
    Prelati x2

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    SF has been pretty great so far, I just hope Narita gets the courage to kill some characters soon.

About them:

Good Bad Meh
    Gilgamesh
    Tine
    Richard
    Ayaka
    Jack
    Prelatti
    Faldeus
    True Assassin
    Zealot
    Filla
    Flat
    Dumas
    True Berserker
    Alceides
    Baz
    Haruri
    Jester
    Orlando
    Tsubaki
    Enkidu
    Wolf
    Sigma
    Saint Germain
    Hippolyte (and Doris)
    Saint Germain
    Faldeus
    Watcher
    Pale Rider
    Hanza

I like Alcides, he's great, can't wait for his GO debut

Enkidu sucks

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Good Bad Meh (no strong opinions) Gilgamesh Spooky
    Richard
    Flat
    Jack
    Dumas
    Sigma
    Watcher
    Saint Germain
    Prelati
    Prelati
    Filia
    Jester
    Zealot
    Hippo
    Buzzcola
    Towel Head
    Ayaka
    Tine
    Orlando
    Tsubaki
    Pale Rider
    Enkidu
    Wolf
    True Berserker
    Faldeus
    Haruri
    Hanza
    Doris
    Gilgamesh
    Jason
    Spooky Hassan
    Here's my version.

Strange Fake is hit and miss for me, but I'm glad that Narita's having fun writing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    SF has been pretty great so far, I just hope Narita gets the courage to kill some characters soon.
    Doing needless and unnecessary deeds is not proof of courage though.
    Last edited by Tenzen12; July 23rd, 2017 at 11:17 AM.