Page 107 of 366 FirstFirst ... 75797102105106107108109112117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 7318

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Can you send me the prompt? I didn't see a specific one, and I have a second Servant I'm finishing up. Want to make sure this one fits the guidelines.

On the NP, I purposely kept it vague because I plan to use him in a story, and don't want to spoil too much. I know exactly how his NP works, but if everyone else did, they could see what was coming. I will, however, draw your attention to this line.
    "Macbeth’s belief that his summons is another retelling has imbued the prophecy with new life, forming his destiny once more. However, as it has been reformed by his belief, so to can it be broken by it."
    Another person was on the same lines as you.

Final thing. Should I remove him from here since he's not viable as a entry?
    The prompt is for non-standard Classes like Avenger, Shielder, Foreigner etc. So Macbeth definitely wouldn't qualify unless you could finagle him into fitting another Class (like maybe Alter-Ego given the Lady Macbeth thing).

Blog Entries

Duration: momentary. Nature: changeable. Perception: dim. Condition of Body: decaying. Soul: spinning around. Fortune: unpredictable. Lasting Fame: uncertain. Summation: The body and its parts are a river, the soul a dream and mist, life is warfare and a journey far from home, lasting reputation is oblivion.

Then what can guide us?

Only philosophy.
    Class: Ruler
    Other Classes: Caster
    True Name: "Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus"
    Nicknames: Marcus Aurelius, the Philosopher King, the Last of the Five Good Emperors
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Place of Origin: Roman History

Parameters

STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: B
    LCK: C
    NP: A

Info

Height: 172cm
    Weight: 78kg
    Dislikes: men like his son Commodus, empty rhetoric
    Talent: philosophy
    Natural Enemy: Commodus
    Attribute: Earth
    Armament: A stylus.
    Catalyst: A page from an original manuscript of the Meditations.

Class Skills

True Nature Perception
    To the stand-bys above, add this one: always to define whatever it is we perceive--to trace its outline--so we can see what it really is: its substance. Stripped bare. As a whole. Unmodified. And to call it by its name--the thing itself and its components, to which it will eventually return. Nothing is so conducive to spiritual growth as this capacity for logical and accurate analysis of everything that happens to us. To look at it in such a way that we understand what need it fulfills, and in what kind of world. And its value to that world as a whole and to man in particular--as a citizen of that higher city, of which all other cities are mere households.

What is it--this thing that now forces itself on my notice? What is it made up of? How long was it designed to last? And what qualities do I need to bring to bear on it--tranquillity, courage, honesty, trustworthiness, straightforwardness, independence or what? Hays, Book IV, 11
    The first pillar of Roman Stoicism: the pillar of "perception", the need to maintain absolute objectivity of thought, the ability to see things as they are. At every instant, we are bombarded with impressions: sight, sound, feelings, and more - but these impressions may not be accurate. Proper perception requires that we take in these impressions and take care not to interpret them unduly. We must cast aside value judgements of these impressions - what seems good may not be, and what seems evil may also not be. It is vital that we exercise stringent control over our perception, in order to protect our mind from error.

For Ruler, this Skill takes the place of "True Name Discernment". It reveals the Skills and Parameters, but not the true identity of a Servant encountered by Ruler. Furthermore, this Skill sees past all attempts to camouflage Skills or Parameters, no matter the source; mechanically, it can be considered an "automatic Luck pass".

Divine Resolution B
    In a sense, people are our proper occupation. Our job is to do them good and put up with them.

But when they obstruct our proper tasks, they become irrelevant to us--like sun, wind, animals. Our actions may be impeded by them, but there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impediment to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way. Hays, Book V, 20
    The second pillar of Roman Stoicism: the pillar of "action". As humans, we possess a share of the logos -- and, distinguishing us from other animals, the ability to use it. We are, in the end, a part of nature, and we must acquiesce to its demands in order to make proper use of the logos. Hence merely passive acceptance is not enough; we must cooperate with the grand tapestry of human civilization in a honest, unselfish manner.

While having been given Command Spells because of the summoning as a Ruler, it would be inappropriate to make others do as they were unlikely to do in the first place. Hence, Ruler will only use the Command Spells he has been given to help Servants with what they have decided to carry out, not to order them about.

Mental Alteration Resistance EX
    Just as the world forms a single body comprising all bodies, so fate forms a single purpose, comprising all purposes. Even complete illiterates acknowledge it when they say that something "brought on" this or that. Brought on, yes. Or prescribed it. And in that case, let's accept it--as we accept what the doctor prescribes. It may not always be pleasant, but we embrace it--because we want to get well. Look at the accomplishment of nature's plans in that light--the way you look at your own health--and accept what happens (even if it seems hard to accept). Accept it because of what it leads to: the good health of the world, and the well-being and prosperity of Zeus himself, who would not have brought this on anyone unless it brought benefit to the world as a whole. No nature would do that--bring something about that wasn't beneficial to what it governed.

So there are two reasons to embrace what happens. One is that it's happening to you. It was prescribed for you, and it pertains to you. The thread was spun long ago, by the oldest cause of all. Hays, Book V, 8
    The third pillar of Roman Stoicism: the pillar of "will". It is perhaps the most known facet of Stoicism that no matter what happens to us, it has no impact on us other than that effect we allow it to have. Any wrongdoing by a human agent only degrade that agent; any acts of nature are merely that, and to take them as being "bad" or "good" inevitably degrades the logos.

This Skill grants Ruler the ability to resist any sort of effect that targets his mental state. His mind can only be changed through reasoned discourse and deep thought, not through terror or desire or the like. On the other hand, his physical body is rendered more susceptible to effects - but who cares for what effects his prison of flesh?

Personal Skills

Stoicism EX
    All events are determined by the logos, and follow in an unbreakable chain of cause and effect. Stoicism is thus from the outset a deterministic system that appears to leave no room for human free will or moral responsibility. According to this theory, man is like a dog tied to a moving wagon. If the dog refuses to run along with the wagon he will be dragged by it, yet the choice remains his: to run or be dragged. In the same way, humans are responsible for their choices and actions, even though these have been anticipated by the logos and form part of its plan. Even actions which appear to be--and indeed are--immoral or unjust advance the overall design, which taken as a whole is harmonious and good. They, too, are governed by the logos. Hays, Introduction
    Stoicism, a school of philosophy which held that happiness lies in acceptance of whatever happens, discarding the desire for fear, pain, or pleasure; using one's intellect, not one's emotion, to understand and interact with the world. Due to the unique circumstances of Ruler's summoning, this state of happiness has become the default state of being.

As an aside, Stoicism is a not-unpopular subject of study by modern magi, as it is considered one of the origins of domination magecraft. After all, to dominate others, one must first dominate oneself.

Five Good Emperors A
    (The good emperors) had no need of praetorian cohorts, or of countless legions to guard them, but were defended by their own good lives, the good-will of their subjects, and the attachment of the Senate.
    -- Niccolo Machiavelli, 'The Discourses on Livy'

We are all made for mutual assistance, as the feet, the hands, and the eyelids, as the rows of the upper and under teeth, from whence it follows that clashing and opposition is perfectly unnatural.
    A title Ruler was given for being "the last of the Five Good Emperors", a group of Roman emperors who ruled with wisdom and with a fair hand. The other four are Nerva, Traianus, Hadrianus and Antoninus Pius. A curious historical fact about this group is that, unlike their predecessors, each of these men was raised to the imperial throne not merely by right of blood, but by being adopted by the current emperor. Perhaps it is a shame that this trend ended with Ruler, as Marcus' son Commodus brought about the ending of the golden age of the Pax Romana.

This skill grants Ruler the effects of the "Charisma" skill, with the additional effect of reinforcing the subject's wisdom and peaceability when nearby Ruler. This second effect is a result of Ruler's reinforcement of the Pax Romana, ensuring remarkable stability inside Rome itself.

Orator D
    [From Rusticus, I learned] the recognition that I needed to train and discipline my character.

Not to be sidetracked by my interest in rhetoric. Not to write treatises on abstract questions, or deliver moralizing little sermons, or compose imaginary descriptions of The Simple Life or The Man Who Lives Only for Others. To steer clear of oratory, poetry and belles lettres.

Not to dress up just to stroll around the house, or things like that. To write straightforward letters (like the one he sent my mother from Sinuessa). And to behave in a conciliatory way when people who have angered or annoyed us want to make up.

To read attentively--not to be satisfied with "just getting the gist of it." And not to fall for every smooth talker. Hays, Book I
    The ability to convince others through the sheer power of rhetoric. At this rank, the words spoken by Ruler may be formed into a very weak mental attack.

A Skill awarded to Ruler because of boyhood training in the arts of rhetoric, its rank has been lowered to D from the C it might have otherwise reached because of his disdain for rhetorical flourishes and his preference for matter over form. Nonetheless, the popularity of his text shows that perhaps some of the lessons remained with him even after he had cast off the training.

Noble Phantasm

Reminders To Himself
    Meditations

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 1
    Max Targets: 1

An odd Noble Phantasm that is based on Marcus Aurelius' writings, collected in the books known today as "the Meditations". Marcus Aurelius himself, of course, never intended the books to be published, but nonetheless they have achieved a certain measure of popularity even today.

Its function is merely to incarnate the "self" that Marcus Aurelius portrayed in his writings, the self that he aspired to be. This self is what is in fact summoned as the Servant Ruler, and as such it is technically incorrect to refer to Ruler as Marcus Aurelius. After all, in accordance with his philosophy, when he died he passed forever from the world, returning to the atoms that were once him and handing back his soul to the gods to do with as they pleased.

In any case, an odd consequence of Ruler's unique circumstances is that it renders even physical combat a conflict of philosophies; after all, he is Stoicism made flesh, and so how could he be damaged by mere fists or steel? As a result, only attacks which are made with forethought and with deliberate intent to damage Ruler may hurt his physical body.

Lore

Marcus Aurelius was Roman emperor from 161 to 180, born during the reign of Hadrian as the emperor's nephew. Eventually, after being adopted by Antoninus Pius, himself now the adopted son of Hadrian, Marcus became in line to become the heir to the throne.

Nonetheless, he was trained in oratory and legal jurisprudence, at which point one of his tutors brought him into contact with philosophy. Needless to say Marcus fell in love, leaving aside all rhetorical education to instead pursue philosophy with all he had.

On Antoninus' death, however, Marcus became emperor with his adoptive brother Lucius - who died not many years later, perhaps from the plague that then was sweeping through the empire. Marcus' reign was also marked by war; during his reign the Parthian Empire was revitalized and once more beaten down, as were the Germanic peoples known as the Marcomanni.

It was perhaps in the middle of one of these military campaigns that Marcus began to write his "notes to himself", later to be known as the Meditations. These were little vignettes of advice and sayings he recorded to remind himself of the correct path, from which he never ought to deviate - although, being a mere human, he of course failed sometimes.

In the end, however, Marcus died at the age of 58, of natural causes. He was succeeded by his natural son Commodus. This was, and is, widely regarded to be a mistake, although the details of Commodus' reign are perhaps best left for another time.

Personality

One way to describe Ruler would be calm, cool, collected; another way would be boring, emotionless, laissez-faire. Both descriptions are somewhat accurate, as they are the demands placed on Ruler by his philosophy. He will always praise what he sees as good, moral behavior, and is quick to criticize evil. In his time "off the job", he can often be found with his head buried in a book of modern philosophy.

Creator Notes:
    This took me a bit. I got started on this idea when I read Hays' translation (hence why I'm quoting from it basically everywhere) but it wasn't really easy going. The dude is basically not specced for combat, let alone big flashy swordbeams and whatnot, and the problem is that makes it kind of hard to write about him. Powerlevels are easy, philosophy is hard.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    The prompt is for non-standard Classes like Avenger, Shielder, Foreigner etc. So Macbeth definitely wouldn't qualify unless you could finagle him into fitting another Class (like maybe Alter-Ego given the Lady Macbeth thing).
    How does it look now?

Blog Entries
    How does it look now?
    It obviously fits the theme now. Though I'd maybe rename their Alter-Ego Skill so it's not exactly the same as their Class (call it Fractured Persona or somesuch), which is a little redundant to my eyes (then again, Avengers have a Skill literally named after their Class so maybe that's just my sense of aesthetics speaking rather than anything objective). Also maybe add a line in the description clarifying that Skill is the reason they can be summoned as Alter-Ego.

Blog Entries
    I was think in on those lines for the skill (the class name thing). I'll add the clarification

Blog Entries
    Greetings, Master. Allow me to begin by thanking you for summoning me. I swear here and now that I will aid you in any way I can to grant your wish. In turn, I only ask the same of you.

Source
    Class: Avenger
    Other Classes: Saber, Berserker
    True Name: Vortigern
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: Britain
    Height: [ERROR]
    Weight: [ERROR]
    Dislikes: The Destruction of Mystery, Needless Death, Humanity (Britain)
    Natural Enemy: Artoria Pendragon

Parameters:
    STR: A
    END: A
    AGI: B
    MGI: A+
    LCK: D
    NP: A-?

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance (A):
    Avenger’s unique existence makes it impossible to harm him with nearly any form of magic. As though in a twist of irony, one of the only magics capable of harming him is Unholy magic ranking A or above, as his body will attempt to incorporate it within himself.

Self-Replenishment (Mana) (A):
    Being a “Hole in the World”, Avenger is constantly drawing in Mana from his surroundings rather than fueling himself on his hunger for revenge. He is perfectly capable of sustaining himself without his master, only needing to draw on nearby Leylines to remain anchored. However, he does not seek out this path.

Avenger (EX):
    As an embodiment of Britain's rage, Avenger carries all the resentment and hate Britain has accumulated since the time of his death. As it was his failure that led to Britain’s fall, he can never feel at rest until it has been restored to its former glory.

Oblivion Correction (A):
    Unable to forget his failure to save Britain, Avenger strikes at the forgotten weaknesses of other Servants, upping the value of his critical attacks.

Personal Skills:
    Mana Burst (Void) (A):
    A result of becoming a "Hole in the World", Avenger is capable of consuming Mana from the world around him and expelling it with reckless abandon, never fearing becoming drained unless Gaia suddenly lost all Mana. These bursts enhance his already considerable strength and defense to levels beyond even the strongest of Servants.

Dragon Reactor Core (A):
    Having consumed the blood of a White Dragon, Avenger has gained power similar to that of the King of Knights and equal to that of the Phantasmal Beast. His circuits form into a Magic Core, becoming a factory that constantly generates magical energy. This, however, leaves him vulnerable to weapons with an anti-dragon attribute, as it gives him the characteristics of a Dragon.

Devourer of All Things Holy (A):
    Filled with a darkness not even the Holy Blade Excalibur could pierce, Avenger is a being of consumption, absorbing any aspect that has ever been considered “Holy” into the abyss of his body. While there is a limit to the amount he can hold within himself, it is high enough as to be considered nonexistent. Objects drained of “Holiness” will revert to little more than simple tools lacking power.

Noble Phantasm
    Vortigern: The Hole in the World (A)
    Anti-Unit/Mana
    Though Avenger wielded Hildeleoma in life, he gave up the weapon alongside his claim to the throne to Uther, the sword being melted down and reforged into Caliburn. However, upon his ascension to the Throne of Heroes, a Noble Phantasm was gifted to him in its place. This blade of pitch-black steel is an extension of his own power and will, its form capable of being changed according to his whims, though he prefers to wield it as a sword.

The weapon drains the magical energy of anything it comes in contact with, absorbing it into itself to strengthen its strikes. It also pulls in the Mana from beings composed of magical energy, forcing any Servant he faces into a battle of endurance.

Avatar of Britain: A Paradise of Darkness No Man Can Set Forth in Forever (?)
    Anti-?
    The supreme incarnation of the dragon blood coursing through Avenger’s veins. Activation of this Noble Phantasm transforms Avenger into a being capable of accomplishing his goal of wiping humans from Britain, manifesting as a Dragon of immense magical power.

As the size of the task increased with every new human born in Britain, the power needed to complete his task also increased, actively increasing the power of this Noble Phantasm. In modern times, the staggering power he held in life to wipe humans away from Britain has multiplied even further, the power required to even activate this Noble Phantasm being enough to kill Avenger’s master instantly even with the inclusion of all three Command Seals and drain any nearby Leylines dry. While this form is feasibly unstoppable, using it would lead to a pyrrhic victory with Avenger fading shortly thereafter, unable to fulfill his goal. As such, he will not use it, even capable of resisting a Command Seal to prevent it

Lore
    Vortigern the Usurper believed one thing for certain. The Age of Man, spearheaded by his own niece, Artoria Pendragon, would destroy the Age of Mystery. And he was correct.

Splitting off from his brother with likeminded people, he founded a smaller tribe deep within the continent. The tribe respected and cared for objects of Mystery, seeing them as sacred and integral parts of the world never meant to be controlled by man. Yet, as the decades passed, Mystery seemed to drain from the world around them.

The final straw came when, while walking through the ancient forests, Vortigern came upon a dying White Dragon. Harmed by no sword, bow, or lance, the Phantasmal Beast’s Mystery drained from it before his very eyes. He could do little more than comfort it in its final moments.

Now firmly believing that humanity had no right to meddle with the world in such an inherently destructive manner, he sought out the King, showing her the corpse of the majestic beast. However, the King would not listen, refusing to uproot her people for the sake of a few beasts.

Vortigern could not believe the coldness of the King to the plight of the Phantasmal Beasts. Pleading with the King and those close to her, he hoped to make them understand. But the King was firm, and those who followed the King stood by her decision.

Vortigern was disgusted with them, seeking to actively destroy such wonderful creatures merely because they refused to leave. If a Dragon, the highest of Phantasmal Beasts, could fall victim to the loss, they only had so long before Mystery truly vanished from the world. He knew what he must do. He gathered his people, all trusting in their king to lead them down the right path, and attacked the forces of the King.

However, their strength was not enough to match the Britannian forces, and they were driven back to their home, the only option remaining to battle for their lives. Vortigern saw his ragged people, and realized he had one more option, loath as he was to consider it. He returned to the mighty Beast’s corpse, drawing out its blood into a canteen, praying he would never have to use it.

But, as Vortigern watched his people slaughtered by the King and her knights advancing on his citadel, he made his final decision.

Barricaded in his throne room, Vortigern took the blood into himself, preparing for one last stand against the uncaring monarch’s army. As they broke through his defenses, Vortigern felt a change within his body. He began morphing, his mind being invaded by a foreign presence. A deep rage swirled into his heart, clutching tightly to his anger and bolstering it from a small flame to a roaring fire.

He felt the horrid anger of the Dragon flood his soul, its connection to land of Britain consuming his sense of self. No longer was he merely Vortigern. He was the very Avatar of Britain’s fury.

Yet, it was all for naught. In the end, his body was pierced by the Holy Spear Rhongomyniad, and his power drained away along with his life. As he faded from this world in failure, he could see the truth. Both he and Artoria were products of a soon to be dying age. One she rejected, though the age she protected would one day reject her as well. She would bring about the end of Britain, and he felt only despair knowing how greatly he had failed and rage for the humans that refused to listen.

But this was not the end of Vortigern. A figure such as he, scorned and hated by the people under their King, called a monster and despised, caused a great impact upon the world. In that moment of his death, with relief washing over the King’s army, was the moment Vortigern ascended to the Throne.

Should he ever be summoned, he will do everything he can to win, protecting his master as he would Britain, for the chance to make his wish come true. So long as Vortigern can still act, Britain will be restored.

Personality
    Despite his legend, Vortigern is a calm, quiet presence. He speaks only when he deems it necessary, choosing rather to let those considered more eloquent of speech to take the lead. Even so, the man bears a startling charisma, able to inspire and place hope into the hearts of his people even in the final days of their failed revolt. Though simple in manner, his words convey pure confidence and belief, never wavering that the path he has chosen is the correct one. However, when a perceived injustice has occurred, he will do whatever is within his power to correct it. It was for this reason he sought to remove humans from Britain, even if it meant killing them to do so.

Due to the influence of the White Dragon's blood, the anguished cries of the Phantasmal Beasts of Britain, and his summons as an Avenger compounding these, he has become prone to bouts of anger and frustration, taking out the rage boiling inside him on the evils he sees. If consumed by the fury as he was in the final moments of his life, he becomes a monster focused solely on the task set before him. Though, there is only one person that can bring him to this point. However, he views these new feelings as detestable and endeavors to restrain them.

While many would believe Vortigern despises humans, this is simply not the case. The very men he ruled and fought beside were human, and to hate humanity would taint their sacrifice in his eyes. More so than anything, Vortigern hates ignorance, for it was willful-ignorance that led the King to be blinded to another's plight. Ignorance to the possibility their King was wrong that caused the people to rebuke him. Ignorance that caused his ascension to the Throne. They could not see, therefore, they acted without regard. It is for this reason he can never forgive their actions. However, when he remembers the brave souls who fought alongside him, he finds he cannot hate humanity, even as it despises him.

Relationships
    Artoria Pendragon: *He will immediately leave upon seeing her and find a place of solitude to calm himself as it is his fervent wish not to harm others in the battle he knows he would incite.*

Knights of the Round Table: It is as much your fault as it is your King's for the fall of Britain. I have no more words for fools such as yourselves.

Merlin: You foresaw what would take place, yet you not only allowed it, but aided it. Why one such as you is admired truly escapes me.

Nobunaga Oda: A being who erases Mystery. I should find your existence repulsive, and yet, yours is very similar to my own. I believe I would enjoy discussing it with you.

Lobo: While Vortigern shows affection for the beast, Lobo does not return it. However, the wolf does not outright reject it for an unknown reason.

Joaquín Murrieta (Avenger): ...Humans can be despicable creatures. They still deserve life like any other. I will drive them from Britain, but that is simply my purpose. If you offer aid, I will accept it, but I will kill you the moment you harm an innocent soul.

Other Avengers: You allow your rage to control you? It seems I have been summoned in a troublesome Class.

Servants Possessing the Dragon Attribute: Do you bear this rage as well? It is unnerving.

Servants Who Slayed Dragons: Whatever your reasons, I cannot help but mourn their death and burn at your presence. I will leave.

Servants Who Acquire Power Through Holy Means: Please, come no closer. I do not wish to harm you with my existence.

「 」(Saber): An entity of the Void. It is interesting to view the difference between us.

Vortigern (Ruler): You must truly be a warped existence to view yourself so highly. I refuse to be associated with one such as you.

Cadmus (Gatekeeper): King of Curses. You failed to protect what is important to you, so you deem yourself cursed. If that were all it took, I too would be cursed. Perhaps I am.

Téshub (Remainer): It would seem, no matter the era, duty and compassion are often times unrewarded. Better to be forgotten and praised as you than remembered and scorned as I.

Uther Pendragon
    Uther Pendragon: Had you raised her, would it have gone differently? ...No. Our family is far too thick-headed a lot.

Uther Pendragon Alter: Worry not, brother. *Blade materializes* I will soon put you out of your misery.

Uther Pendragon: Simply a dog I must put down. Forgive me.

Uther Pendragon: Despicable. I cared for the beasts while you for the humans, and this is what became of you? A proud knight, indeed. Die as the farce of a ruler you became!

The only thing this guy could be is OP. I was actually really surprised I hadn't seen any Avenger Vortigerns. Then again, I may have just missed them.
    [Anton Giulio Priolo-Paradise Lost]
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; April 2nd, 2023 at 11:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    That's a pretty good Vortigern sheet. I like that you actually managed to make him somewhat sympathetic personality-wise and gave him a reason for opposing Arturia beyond just being a card-carrying villain (which is kind of what he comes off as in canon for lack of a fleshed-out backstory). Though for Magic Resistance, I don't think NPs like Rhongomyniad or Ea count as spells in the first place, so there's really no need to specify they'd bypass his defenses.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I like that you actually managed to make him somewhat sympathetic personality-wise and gave him a reason for opposing Arturia beyond just being a card-carrying villain (which is kind of what he comes off as in canon for lack of a fleshed-out backstory).
    I realized how much freedom I had in deciding what his backstory was, so I just followed my heart. A bit of a theme with me. I was originally making a Saber, then at some point decided to shift gears to Avenger, which led to his Class Skills, which led to me interpreting his backstory in such a way. Same with Macbeth and Lovecraft's backstories. Macbeth only became Alter-Ego for the sake of being viable (which fit surprisingly well), and Foreigner was originally a Caster. I never seem to go in with an idea fully mapped out, but it all works out in the end the more I build on them.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There are two Vortigerns in this prompt and I don't know which one is cooler, but one thing is sure and it's that both of them are much better than my take on him as just a final boss light-eating dragon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    There are two Vortigerns in this prompt and I don't know which one is cooler
    Obviously his. Mine doesn't have Yu-Gi-Oh abridged references. It pales in comparison.
    "Screw the rules, I'm Britain!"

Lostbelt Berserker isn't bad. I just think that one's more fit to be a Ruler. Doesn't mean he couldn't have Mad Enhancement, and it would've give him a couple Class Skills that might have been interesting to tailor for the character. That's just me, though. Is good.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; October 15th, 2020 at 05:17 AM.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Foreigner of Colored Dust

Source

"Ah it is you, I think. Something tells me I know you. Ple-Please! No step further! I...aaahhh...I dont want to hurt you, stay away. Even as a Servant I cant escape pain and I can not control my power! If you just leave me alone I will likely disintegrated by myself, so just...why are you doing this? You dont know what terrible demon is inside me!"
    *after a night in the Servant ER*
    "Master, I am so sorry...and thankful. Let me start anew. I am Foreigner of the Colored Dust. My true name is...it is complicated. But I am Edvard Munch, pleased to be with you. Pray I dont let the other one come out and greet you..."

The one who paints to depict his changing life and the one who changed his life after being painted. The one that feared life, yet welcomed every woe of it as part of it's beauty and the one that feared death, welcomed beauty and feared the loss of it as the woe of life. The one who viewed death as a part of living like the frame of a painting that enshrined the colors of life and the one who was like beautiful colors in the canvas and seeked to destroy the frame to extend it's beauty beyond the boundaries. The one who valued human life and every aspect of it regardless if perfect or ugly and the one, who saw no worth in imperfection and only valued beauty. Both are inheritely incompatible, but forced together to be be tools for an Evil God. An imperfect Vessel, Selfdestructive, Selfpreserving. A pitiful Existence.

Class: Foreigner
    Other Classes: Caster, Berserker
    True Name: Edvard Munch / Dorian Gray
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral / Chaotic Evil
    Place of Origin: Norway / England

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: D~A
    AGI: D
    MGI: C
    LCK: D
    NP: C

Height: 182cm
    Weight: 70kg
    Likes: Art, quiet life, beach, his siblings, his paintings, Selfies, VR painting, HOLI festivals / fine wine, himself, beauty, art
    Dislikes: his Servant abilities, Dorian Gray / Edvard Munch, ugliness, old age, morality, restrictions
    Talent: painting emotions / ...
    Natural Enemy: themselfes
    Attribute: Earth
    Catalyst: Paintings or brushes of Munch, Dorian Gray's knife

Class skills
    Territory Creation C

Foreigner is able to create an "Atelier" which equals a Workshop.

Item Construction D

Both parts of tbeir Saint Graph werent mages and cant produce items or potions of any kind. Foreigner can just mix paint and use his dust to recreate some objects.

Divinity C

Class skill of Foreigners. Compared to other Foreigner, who house the powers of Outer Gods, it is lower, because the Treader of Dust is of smaller scale and power than those things.

Existence Outside the Domain B

Class skill of Foreigners. Lower than EX, because the Outer God who grants Foreigner his power is of lesser status and scale than those prominent entities and upon fusion was lowered further.

Madness Enhancement E+

The "seeds of madness" he inherited from his father manifested as a skill, thats what he says. It is the skill from Gray. Normally doesn’t receive the effects of Mad Enhancement. In exchange, he keeps his normal ability to think. However when Dorian Gray is in control the rank rises and increases Foreigner STR, END and AGI slightly. Additionally he starts using his dagger.

Personal Skills

Appreciation of the Arts B:
    If one happens to see a Noble Phantasm that possess artistic anecdotes, there is a high chance that he might be able to figure out its true name.
    A high rank as he is a recent Heroic Spirit, therefore saw many works of the most famous Artists of all kinds in history and of his time and is himself one of the best known artists himself. It is claimed that his work "The Scream" is the modern Mona Lisa and is one of the most famous works in art history.

Unstable Core B:
    A skill that denotes unstable Servants, often Fusion-type or Pseudo-Servants. The Saint Graph and/or Mind of the owner is stressed, damaged, incomplete or is in threat of breaking for various other reasons. A composite skill that includes Weak Constitution and Mental Schism.

Weak Constitution A+
    Foreigner is accompanied by the risk of a sudden status drop at anytime of every action. The probability of risk is high enough to wary in longer fights and when it is invoked in combat, it is immense. When the skill activates, the Battle Continuation Skill drops to B rank and Mental Schism skill can take effect.
    Munch was always plagued by illnesses, he cant even escape that as a Servant. If he wasnt the Fusion-type Servant he is now, the rank would be much lower, but the stress in his Saint Graph causes him pain.

Mental Schism B
    The forced Fusion of Munch and Gray causes the Saint Graph and Mind of Foreigner to contradict itself. Most of the time Munch can keep the control, but at certain times, when for example Weak Constitution or his urge to paint something tragic kicks in, there is a high chance that the personality of Dorian Gray manifests, shifting his alignment from Lawful Neutral to Chaotic Evil.

Innocent Monster (Self) D
    Innocent Monster (Self) is an attribute possessed by Servants whose true history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations and gossips they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter. As a consequence, the Servant's abilities and appearance have been rendered to conform to the specifications of their legend. The difference to the Innocent Monster skill is that they stem from the owner itself. They depicted themselfes as such and/or saw themselfes like what they are now as a Servant. In contrast to the Innocent Monster skill it is possible to remove this skill, but only if the Servant self reflects and changes his own opinion of himself.

This version of the Innocent Monster skill originates from both's own depiction to the public in form of their art and words. In Munch's case it led to the circumstances he is now in as a servant. Foreigner's/Munch's appearance is altered to reflect the own view he had on himself. His right arm is without skin and flesh, just bones like in his "Self portrait with skeletal arm", he mostly covers up with long sleeves and a glove. His troubled life led him to belief that dark angels were following him, a dark looming shadow always besides him like in the unnerving pictures of himself like "Self portrait with cigarette" and "Self portrait in hell"; it makes his shadow unnaturally dark and menacing and his mentality of being possessed by a dark entity led him to be susceptible to become a Fusion-type Servant for the gains of an Outer God. Dorian Gray also possesses this skill to a certain degree. "Sin is a thing that writes itself across a man's face. It cannot be concealed." That is true for all of us, except for Dorian. When he is in control, the face of Foreigner changes, somehow. It eminates a serene look of beauty, self-esteem and contentness with himself. The aura around him changes as if Foreigner is without flaw, without sin despite his immoral past. That is how he sees himself, because the sins are depicted elsewhere, not on him.

Protection of the Dust Treader C:
    A blessing from The Treader of Dust, Quachil Uttaus. The owner of this Blessing is granted immortality, eternal youth and the Aura of Decay Noble Phantasm. The rank of this skill is lowered due to various circumstances, granting only limited immortality and the means to preserve the own youth. It grants Battle Continuation and Vampirism.

Battle Continuation A-
    If there wasnt the influence of his Weak Constitution skill, the rank would be EX. The blessing of Quachil Uttaus was immortality and the healing of wounds. Upon the fusion of Saint Graphs this ability was inherited, but in a weaker yet still powerful version. Foreigners wounds will slowly heal, making them look like as if sand flows into them, filling them up and becoming his flesh. The weaker version stems from the fact that Dorian lost the full support of Uttaus at the very end and the stress within the fused saint graph due to sheer incompatibility of them causes the immortality to drop significantly.

Vampirism C
    It is possible to deprive magical energy from living things upon touch and decaying them to dust. Said dust can then be absorpted to heal the own wounds and preserve the beauty of the user. Strictly speaking, although it differs from blood-sucking behavior, it is recognized as a Vampir-like ability and one of the best known works of Munch ("Vampyr") helped to classify the skill as such.

Noble Phantasms

Aura of Decay
    Corrupting Presence

Type: Continuously Active

A continously active Noble Phantasm of Foreigner. The vicinity around Foreigner experiences an unnatural and rapid process of decay. Plants wither, meat rots, metal rusts and stone crumbles. The area is ca. 1.5m around him, but the area can be controlled at will easily below that threshold. To expand the area vast amounts of magical energy are necessary and then still the effectiveness lowers with distance. A simple touch by Foreigner can instantly decay normal objects to mere dust, which he then can control at will. Touching non-Servants or Masters with low Magic Resistance will cause immediate death by "old age", turning them to old seniors, to mummies and finally dust. Because most paint Foreigner wants to use falls victim to his aura, he uses colored dust and his ability to control it to paint his works into the air and therefore world itself. With that he is able to "paint" familiars. Those familiars are used for physical combat, espionage and "setting the mood" when he "paints an area". The Aura of Decay affects the mind as well. Entering a certain distance of him acts like a Mental Attack. Losing the check causes the personality to decay. Servants can stop listeing to their commands and do what they want, Masters could misuse the powers of their Servants, internal struggle can fastly escalate in his presence. That is what influenced the young and innocent mind of Dorian Gray to walk the dark path in life and end up being a manipulator and murderer. It is the Aura of the Treader of Dust, Quachil Uttaus, himself.

The Scream
    End of a Corrupted Life

Source

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range:
    Max Targets: 1

Foreigner uses vast amounts of his dust and covers a wide area with it, transforming it to one of his paintings. The sky fills with blood red clouds, ominous dark blue dust fills the area like a sea and the opponent finds themself standing on a wooden bridge. In the distance people staring at them with big soulless eyes. As they look around they see a shadowy figure. As they come closer they see its a doppelgänger of them, looking like a painting. Standing in front of them they lock eyes and the enemy cant break the gaze with their artistic double. The being of dust then distorts more and more, eyes falling into the skull and widening to the extreme, hands holding their face, mouth widening ready to let out an earshattering scream. The real opponent is inflicted with the feeling of angst and existential dread and before they can react they see how their body double stabs itself in the chest. Looking confused they notice that their chest is impaled by the same knife they moments ago saw in the being in front of them.
    The crystallization of the most famous picture of Munch and the end of Dorian Gray as a Noble Phantasm. "The Scream" is the representation of the Angst and Anxiety of the modern men. The enemy cant avoid the gaze with himself and feels the dread as he relives what Munch experiences on that evening on the bridge during sunset. Then they have to feel the end of Dorian Gray. His corrupted life ended at his own arrogant hands. He stabbed the portrait that aged in his stead, that showed his sins instead of himself, the conduit of his youth and object of trust with the Outer God…and therefore killed himself. The act of stabbing oneself is reflected in the imitation of dust.

The NP can only target one person at a time, still allies of the enemy can be partly distracted by the other dust imitations that Munch can summon. Strange masses of commoners looking with dead big eyes at those who try to interfere, being in the way of their friends and intimidating them through mere presence alone. They are manifestations of the people in his Anxiety series, for example from the painting "Anxiety", "Golgotha" and "Evening on Karl Johan Street". They do not fight, they are just like normal humans that try to block their way.

Notes&Extra
    A sure way to kill Foreigner is with the help of his Noble Phantasm or rather the knife itself. Due to the anecdotes how his pictures, especially The Scream, were stolen, one still missing today, it is possible to steal his knife and kill him with it. It is the knife that Dorian Gray used to kill his friend and in the end himself. Therefore Servants with anecdotes of stealing or criminals have a good way of beating Foreigner. Another weakness of his are fire and lightning. Igniting his element can lead to mighty dust explosions, which cover the surrounding area. Due to the properties of Foreigner's body high temperature fire or lightning can cause parts of his body to vitrify, which lowers his agility and forces him to shed those parts. That makes it necessary for Foreigner to consume sources of dust again, making it possible to corner him with the use of his ressources.

"Ah Dorian, you feel that Dorian? Here you relive your death once again, by the same knife, how poetic, how pathetic. But first time your death was too fast, you couldnt enjoy the last breaths you took, it is the second birth, you know. We are not dying, Dorian, we live on in the flowers above our grave and that is eternity and forever beautiful. You may not embrace it, but I do. Thank you, young hero, I hope if i am summoned again I can draw this moment on a canvas. How truly beautiful it would be…"

Description

Dorian Gray
    Fact: It is the late 19th century, a beautiful summer day in Victorian England. A young man sits still to get painted by an artist who was inspired by the youths beauty. They catched the attention of a rich lord and the muse of the painter listens to his hedonistic world view, changing his life forever. The lord described how only beauty holds meaning and is worth the pursuit. The poisonous words of someone touched by a concept that is now known as the Yellow Sign prompted the young muse, named Dorian Gray, to wish to sell his soul so the painting of his ages in his stead. The story of the next 18 years is described by Oscar Wilde in The Picture of Dorian Gray. But certain events were not protrayed in this work. Oscar Wilde, seemingly touched by the Sign itself, but no one knows about that for sure, didnt know why the painting aged in Dorians stead. Lord Henry decided to mold the young ones mind…

(Fiction: ) and convert him to his cult. One night the lord brought Dorian to a certain place and in it veiled people performed a ritual. Forth came a small being, not bigger than a small child, but full of wrinkles, bereft of hair. and with impossible thin neck, legs and arms. Some of the people seemingly fainted and rumour has it after the ceremony some looked 20 years older. The demon that was summoned was looking for a new vessel of his power. The being has the power to bestow eternal youth and life to one person, but only one if they value their contract. It seeked for a soul with a wish for eternal life, despising death and decay. The wrinkled abomination saw into Dorians freshly influenced and naive soul and found not even the slightest wish for death or imperfection. He was the perfect beneficiary of the Outer God and granted the young Gray his wish and let his own painting absorb all the decay and sins of him.

(Fact: ) Dorian then lived on, living a life of decadence, depravity and excess. After years he grew bored of it and decided to change for the better to live a virtious life. He went like so often to see his ever distorting picture if it became less hideous by his good change. He only saw how the man just looked more cunning. He realized that he lost all self. Not even what he thinks was acts of own kindness were just acts of curiousity to fulfill his selfish desire of experiences. Disgusted by his personality he tried to destroy the evidence - the picture.

Growing comfortable with his gift granted by the Outer God, he ignored a warning in his head, deaf from his rage. He took a knife he once used to kill his friend and painter of his to destroy this picture. He pierced the chest of the man in the picture, but only hit himself. He screamed in pain and suddenly sees the wrinkled being in front of him. The Outer God took this act of aggression against his gift as not valuing their pact anymore and removed it manifold. Even before hitting the ground and succumbing to the stab wound, Dorian Gray died of old age.

Edvard Munch (12 December 1863 – 23 January 1944) was a Norwegian painter. His best known work, The Scream, has become one of the most iconic images of world art.
    His childhood was overshadowed by illness, bereavement and the dread of inheriting a mental condition that ran in the family, saying that he inherited the Seeds of Madness from his father, since birth he felt as death is constantly approaching and the angels of fear, sorrow and death stand beside him. Studying at the Royal School of Art and Design in Kristiania (today's Oslo), Munch began to live a bohemian life under the influence of a nihilist, who urged him to paint his own emotional and psychological state ('soul painting'). From this emerged his distinctive style.
    Travel brought new influences and outlets. In Paris, he learned much from Paul Gauguin, Vincent van Gogh and Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, especially their use of colour. In Berlin, he met Swedish dramatist August Strindberg, whom he painted, as he embarked on his major canon The Frieze of Life, depicting a series of deeply-felt themes such as love, anxiety, jealousy and betrayal, steeped in atmosphere.
    The Scream was conceived in Kristiania/Oslo. According to Munch, he was out walking at sunset, when he 'heard the enormous, infinite scream of nature'. The painting's agonised face is widely identified with the angst of the modern person.
    As his fame and wealth grew, his emotional state remained insecure. He briefly considered marriage, but could not commit himself. A breakdown in 1908 forced him to give up heavy drinking, and he was cheered by his increasing acceptance by the people of Kristiania and exposure in the city's museums. His later years were spent working in peace and privacy. Although his works were banned in Nazi Germany, most of them survived World War II, securing him a legacy.

Personality
    Foreigner is a silent and anxious character. Most of his life he lived secluded in his private cabin, he never married, his romantic experiences were unpleasant and felt deep sorrow for his late family members. Despite his various health and mental issues during life, he never cursed them, he embraced them instead, seeing them as his drive for his art. He avoids talking to people, especially woman. Even when he is among others, there is a feeling of isolation around him.
    Painting brings him joy, his art are his children and loves them dearly. Because of his Aura of Decay he had yet to master in the first weeks of summoning, painting was difficult to him. He damaged his canvas, dried his paint or couldnt finish it, because Gray took control and destroyed it. That weighed heavy on his sad mind and depressed him.
    He fears life, yet doesnt hesitate to depict what others fear the most. Painting sad and tragic scenes or moments of intense feelings made him famous.
    Foreigner feels guilt for his existence. On one hand he is grateful to paint again, on the other hand he is not alone. He shares his existence with someone darker that tries to take control. When he loses control he becomes dangerous to others and destroys his own paintings with cold demeanor, when he gains control again he feels deep regret and isolates himself for days.
    Additionally he cant stand that his appearance at Chaldea causes the staff extra work. When he appeared he had to learn how to control his Decaying Aura and caused damages around him. Due to his Unstable Core he needs extra medication and magical energy supply for him to not be in constant pain and basically function as a Servant. After learning how to control his Aura, he still avoided contact with others to not hurt them or annoy them, as he constantly emits small amounts of dust, prompting the staff to clean up behind him and avoid letting him in rooms with sensible equipment.
    When the other part of him takes control Foreigner becomes cold, decadent, arrogant and abusive. He insults all who he deems ugly and old, demands the finest of things and threatens others if they dont obey. He becomes a womanizer and tries to flirt with women and gets angry if they dont appreciate the attention. He will especially try to talk to Servants he deems beautiful, because he will try to convince them to live like he did. A sure way to tell who is currently in control is if Foreigner wears both gloves. The right glove is to hide Munch's skeletal hand to not disturb the onlookers. If he wears the left glove it is to hide his disfigured finger. Munch one time shot himself in the finger and deformed it. To this day it is unclear how it happened and he avoids answering questions regarding the meeting with his stalker. Gray cant stomach the ugly view of that misformed finger and hides it. Dorian is very vain and cares for his beauty and youth. He imagines that he ages every day and after fighting even more. He then demands "sacrifices for his beauty" and wants objects of purity, which he can transform to dust and absorb to preserve his magnificence. He would favor to use pretty woman, but to his dismay his Master wont allow it and has to use mere fruits as substitute. In moments of rage he becomes dangerous and all staff at Chaldea and Servants are informed of his ability should he remove his gloves.
    A thing both share interest in are the modern day Smartphones. Various Apps allow Dorian to use filters to make himself look even more beautiful and he uses it to gain followers on social media, while Munch, at first a critic of photography at his time, enjoys making selfies, sometimes in awkward positions. Munch then experiments with lighting, angles and various filters to create an atmosphere that resembles what he felt during taking it. He was the first artist to use selfies as reference material for his art. The photos he takes are often weird, in his life he even took nudes of himself on the beach or at his worst times. Those wont last long, because if Dorian takes control and finds them, he instantly deletes them, if not smashes the whole smartphone with it. The engineering division of Chaldea is therefore working on a special made smartphone that survives the outrages of Dorian. Despite Munch embracing the new technology of modern times and using them to the full potential, he will still come back to painting, as it is his one true passion and will always be superior.

Relationships and quotes

Munch
    Dorian

Georgios:
    "The Christian Saint Georgios…i may not be religious like my father and dont follow his belief, still his presence brings my mind at peace. He likes photography, i remember how it became popular, i once had an old camaera as well."
    "Good thing that man prefers to be behind the camera, his face should stay there."

Moriarty:
    "Master, there is this gentleman with gray hair and a coffin in Chaldea, right? We never talked, we sometimes walk together in the same direction. Still it feels like there is a certain understanding between us, I can not put my finger on it. Should I start a conversation with him?"
    "That old bag of ugly wrinkles is up to something, Master, dont let him get near Munch. If he gets too close to me I will kill him and desolve him in acid…"

Da Vinci / daVINKI?! :
    " *sigh* It feels like Da Vinci is avoiding me. I should not bother the greatest mind in Chaldea even more. Is it because some people compare my one painting with their grandest accomplishment?"
    "This hag had it coming, how dares she not enjoy my company."

Van Gogh:
    "The greatest artist in the world, I learned so much from his works and was deeply inspired by it. It is the greatest honor for me to talk with him. We both painted a Starry Night, just few years apart, tho my picture cant hold a candle to this majestic picture of his…I wonder why he dislikes it so much. Still, we want to meet again and paint each other, I truly cant wait to make this happen!"
    "He is a much better artist than this fool here, I enjoy his sunflowers. And I know what he did in that one particular painting. As if a mere tree can hide those things…"

Sigmund Freud:
    "I had a talk with a fellow Foreigner Servant just now. Who would have thought that the famous Freud houses a foreign entity as well? Well I envy him that he gets along with his benefactor. Regardless, he offered help for my problem. He is aware of my…mental state during life and now. He is really kind, but I declined. You surely wonder why, it seems so absurd. You mentioned once that it is common to ask for help nowadays to prevent that one falls into a dark pit one cant escape from. I truly understand it, Master, I really do and would say this to others as well…but it is part of who I am. Without my pain I am just a boat without a rudder. Without it i wouldnt even be here, for better or worse. The problems I had were my creative drive, they are part of me and I want to keep them."
    "Fool, acts all high and mighty and tries to keep his desires hidden. Keep on doing it and you will find yourself on your own couch. Best way to get rid of such desires is experiencing them, suppressing them will destroy your soul."

Jean Alter and Artoria Alter:
    "Oh Master, please forgive me. I was just painting in the corner as always and two white skinned, blond women were in the same room. I could feel the tension between them and they were like muses to me. So i painted a scene on how they had a normal day together. They saw me and looked at my work. Since then they are arguing. I know that whenever i painted someone, their enemies thought they were good to their likeness. Now both are offended, If I just knew they dont like each other that much…oh are they drawing their weapons?! Master I am sorry! There he goes…ahh women are terrifying…I should stop working here…"
    "They are superior versions of their originals, both in mind and beauty. I even question if you should call them the "Alters". "

Jekyll/Hyde:
    "He can control his inner demon and decide when he lets him out? I envy him.."
    "Hahaha, wonderful, finally someone who acts like he wants. Too sad he is like a beast in a cage, only let out when he has to fight, instead of wanting to fight."

"This VR painting program you gifted me is a real blessing, thank you so much Master! You may already know, but the art i create as a Servant is not a skill I had during life, far from it. Everything i try to create with dust is selftaught and i guess original. I have yet to find who can paint the air with Dust like i do. still, it makes a mess and i dont want to bother people. So that program lets me train my skill and even better it lets me save it. Technology is ever advancing and so is art. I accept and respect it, but it will never rival the art of the brush…ever."

"Ah you…Master. You may wonder why the only time you see me really smile is when I look in the mirror. You may say I am a second coming of Narcissus, I will not blame you, it is true.
    Say, can you look in the mirror without seeing your own ugliness? I can, can you?
    I know you despise me and I despise you and you want the weak and ugly painter back. But still, despite knowing who is in control right now, you still come to me to talk. You cant help it, can you? You will always be fond of me, I represent all the sins you never had the courage to commit, as I am the immoral one. And who are the immoral ones except the people who show the world it's own shame? You dont hate me for my acts. You envy me for my freedom. So what would you see in the mirror, Master?"

"Hahahaha oh Master, I just had a delightful exchange with a peasant in your ranks, they just stormed of. They demanded to give Munch back the control over this vessel. How dull. "Evil has no place in Chaldea" haha. How naive. Each one of us has heaven and hell inside him. The painter lived all his life with the hell in him and even painted it for all to see! I lived in content and harmony with myself. I lived in Heaven. People want the light in a person to shine, yet still complain when I talk to them instead of this low artist!"

"Munchs art? Well there are some paintings I guess i like to look at, most others are just plain ugly. That fool, an artist should always create beautiful things, but should put nothing of his own life into them. Paint my beauty as it is and not "what you felt when seeing me". And that peasant is now a world reknown artist? How the art fell from grace."

"You seem troubled. Master. You should keep your mind beautiful and clean and clear. And the only way to succeed in that life long task is to be free of longing and desire. I know you heard it from some Eastern monchs and such, but they say it and go the absolute wrong way. To get rid of desires is to fulfill them, no matter how "immoral" others judge them to be. They only fool themselfes when they say they are free of desire, they merely deny them. Fool yourself that you are a better person than before will invite your own doom. Trust my words on this one."

"I always lived with hell besides and inside me. I expected to experience the punishment of burning dark fire in hell for my sins . But I would have never expected my afterlife to be here. Yet my punishment is a constant pain in my Saint Graph, reliving my own sins and being too weak to prevent even worse to happen when I am not the lord of my body. Maybe Gray isnt really another wraith that was fused into me, but another persona of me that manifests as my purgatory. Regardless of what is the case, I feel like the true evil person is me."

Inspiration for Munch quotes
    Inspiration for Dorian quotes

How he fights
    Foreigner rarely attacks himself in a physical manner, only time he does is when the part of Dorian is more prominent and makes use of his knife. Else he uses his dust to paint his famous works into existence to do the the fighting for him. The Vampyr with flaming red hair can use his Vampirism skill too, the person in The Scream and to let out an ear shattering cry, The Sun in the background to burn with intense colorful light. The more powerful figures he uses for attacks are the Three Ladies from "The Dance of Life" and other pictures where the women in White, Red and Black appear. In his pictures they represent the life of women, from being the innocent and hopeful girl in white, to the erotic free woman in red to the mourning lady in black. As a servant they represent now the Three Angels, which he felt were beside him since a young age. The Angels of Fear, Sorrow and Death. The Girl in White symbolizes the Fear, the Woman in Red Sorrow and the black Lady Death.

Creator Notes
    My second entry. What I cant make up in talent like my competitors, I try to compensate with detail. Many links, because i feel like they were necessary to imagine what Munch was like. It may seem strange how both are made fusion type Servant, but I create my Servants for a bigger story, My Foreigners appear in Chaldea after that story, they were not created by the Counter Force, but by something else. Like last time, any criticism, regardless of what, is much appreciated.

Munch got my attention while i was working on Foreigner Van Gogh and in the end finished him sooner. Plan was that he would be second host of the foreign entity , because i saw that he painted a starry night as well. But it didnt work out, making them a fusion-type servant wouldnt fit and his "legend" makes it hard for him to become an interesting servant, despite the angel aspect sounding so cool. Then i remembered that i planned on doing a Uttaus/Dorian Foreigner and then it clicked that their differences are too opposite and too good to pass out on, at least for me. I wish i had an idea to implement the Frieze of Life in his kit, but the only thing that came to mind was already done and better and more logical with two great servant sheets i forgot the names of (one servant that is basically just a book, a traveler who journeyed through the world and gave the master the ability to live through his journey and one famous horse that similarly influenced the surroundings to let his master experience his journey, like finding a dead body and stuff). Maybe another one can make better use of it. Another aspect that could inspire others are his really menacing shadows in Puberty and his self portraits. The one in hell is really haunting to look at and the blue self portrait has a deep shadow as well, reminding me of Viy, I went with that Munch imagined that he had a demon following him and was therefore susceptible to hosting one like Uttaus, others could make him actually possessed during life, enough material is there.
    Last edited by DelRey; October 15th, 2020 at 07:21 AM. Reason: added class skill descriptions and edited a quote from Dorian

Blog Entries
    Obviously, I'd like you to describe his Divinity and Existence, but this one's pretty good. I like the duality of him with Dorian and Munch, though I'm curious about the reason they would be fusion-summoned. Also, you say Dorian was disgusted by his personality, but he also doesn't show that when he's summoned. This is due to him just deciding to stop lying to himself and do what he wants, correct?

I really love the creativity of the NPs, using Dorian's dusting away at the end of his story to create a pretty frightening ability, especially when mixed with tethering a painting to another being to do the same to them (with the knife, that is), but I wonder how effective that would be. Does it bypass a target's armor. piercing through it like the canvas of the picture, or would the armor stop the knife on the actual person? Also, would a high enough Magic Resistance negate it, or would someone just require Battle Continuation to survive?

Final thing. I just really like the Skill name Mental Schism. I've just really always found schism fun to say, especially since it specifically works here because it relates to division founded on differing beliefs, like Dorian and Edward.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; October 14th, 2020 at 10:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    thanks for your kind words.

Obviously, I'd like you to describe his Divinity and Existence
    Well I thought not all Class Skills need particular notations, but cant blame you, looks kinda missing and out of place to not describe it. Divinity is the class skill of Foreigners and I decided the rank arbitrarily. Existence is rank B and therefore at the same level like Summer BB. Her rank is B because she and Nyarla "saw" each other. If Dorian was alone he would have A, because they interacted in my story, but upon fusing with someone that never had to do with that stuff it watered down. And EX would be for Foreigner who have mightier entities from the mythos and/or actually house them. My Foreigner here just got powers from Quachil Uttaus.

I'm curious about the reason they would be fusion-summoned
    The reason, well i can refer to my Creator Notes, it is part of a story I have in mind. Something else forced them together, it was needed because Dorian is just a wraith and not prominent enough to be a full Servant and Munch's Innocent Monster (Self) makes him a potential vessel for all kinds of demons. Like with Freud I already have a vague idea for Alts of him. A Festival version of him would make him Caster of the Colored Powder, but this time Dorian/Uttaus are gone and he hosts Holika, the demon responsible for the now famous Holi Festival from India. And due to his christian background he would likely be able to host a dark angel or demon as well, maybe completing his imagination of the three angels that folowed him in life, but now in his afterlife.

Also, you say Dorian was disgusted by his personality, but he also doesn't show that when he's summoned. This is due to him just deciding to stop lying to himself and do what he wants, correct?
    Yeah you cay say that. After his "change of heart" the picture just looked more cunning, i belief it is because he was able to fool himself that he wanted to change for the better, but actually his obsession with beauty expanded to such a degree, that he couldnt accept that a part of himself - the picture- is ugly af. He understood that when he saw it, still his rage blinded him and led to his demise. He is like a spoiled brat in a sense.

I really love the creativity of the NPs, using Dorian's dusting away at the end of his story to create a pretty frightening ability, especially when mixed with tethering a painting to another being to do the same to them (with the knife, that is), but I wonder how effective that would be. Does it bypass a target's armor. piercing through it like the canvas of the picture, or would the armor stop the knife on the actual person? Also, would a high enough Magic Resistance negate it, or would someone just require Battle Continuation to survive?
    I think you misunderstood a small part of Dorians end. In his original story "The Picture of Dorian Gray" he stabbed the picture, screamed and he was later found as an old geezer with a knife in his chest. He did not dust away, that is the core ability of Quachil Uttaus he can now use as a Servant. If you know the great movie "The league of extraordinary Gentleman" with Sean Connery you may think that way, there he dusted away.

Regarding the effect, the act is "Inflicting yourself with harm". The Double stabs himself, that act happened and then the already happened wound transfers to the origin. I think most special armors let harm from oneself through, like the lance of diarmuid could break just because he wanted it to. What happens afterwards, i dont know, thats the realm of crazy fateverse, like Rama could run around the continent with just half a heart, despite not having Battle Continuation.

Final thing. I just really like the Skill name Mental Schism.
    I cant claim ownership of the name, it is a FGO skill name of Ivan the Terrible

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Good day, Master. A pleasure to meet you. Servant Foreigner has answered your call. You may call me Count von Cosel, and this is my loving wife, Elena. Why don't you introduce yourself, dear?"
    "..."
    "Ahaha, do excuse her, she's rather shy around strangers. No matter, I love you all the same."

Source

"Tch, so even summoning can only do so much... No, this won't do. This is far from enough! Please wait just a little longer, dear. I'll save you for sure, and one day, we'll-!"

Class: Foreigner
    Other Classes: Caster, Berserker

True Name: Carl Tanzler von Cosel
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Origin: Germany (19th Century)

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: A
    LCK: E
    NP: EX

Likes: His wife, wholesome couple activities, saving others, humanity, immortality
    Dislikes: The fleeting nature of human life, death, tuberculosis
    Talent: Medical procedures, preservation, waltz
    Natural Enemy: Underworld deities
    Armament: Magecraft, undead familiars
    Catalyst: A preserved dead body

Class Skills
    Entity of the Outer Realm (A-)

A skill of those under the Foreigner class, signifying contact with a being beyond human comprehension and asserting one's existence outside of time and reality. Foreigner is contracted to Zo-Kalar, a god of life, death, and the mortal cycle. Manifesting traits of his patron god, Foreigner gains knowledge and partial resistance against magecraft embodying the concepts of life, death, and the afterlife. At this rank, his knowledge and skill is almost unparalleled, allowing him to reflect spells and modify them on the fly. Using the transference of
    Od
    life energy
    combined with Zo-Kalar's authority, it is possible for Foreigner to devise both potent healing spells and deadly curses that rapidly drain the target's life force. However, due to limitations from the Counter Force, Foreigner cannot cross the absolute barrier between life and death, preventing him from achieving his wish. This limitation may be circumvented by merging the human World with Dreamlands, bringing Zo-Kalar into the world. Doing so would most likely result in disastrous consequences of apocalyptic proportions.

Divinity (D)

The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels, one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster or Demonic Beast raises. The encounter with his patron god granted Foreigner a portion of its divinity. That said, its rank is severely diminished due to Foreigner's human body and recent origins.

Insanity (C)

A Mental Pollution-like Skillgained from contracting with an otherworldly god that can easily erode the fragile common sense and morals of humans. Yet while the mere presence of the entity would normally be enough to drive most humans insane, Foreigner resisted its influence, qualifying him for the class. At first glance, Foreigner is seemingly unaffected by the Great One's influence, conducting himself as a calm and composed gentleman. Yet even without its influence, it's hard to say that Foreigner was ever truly "sane" to begin with. Foreigner's insanity manifests itself as a powerful sense of longing, the desire to reunite with a long-lost loved one to the point of mad obsession. One man's persistent wish to save his love, someone eternally closer than "now", yet further than "eternity".

At the Boundary (-/A)

a Skill for those who walk within the Valley, are as one with Death, and are familiar with its ways. Rather than "walking alongside death" like a certain Old Man, the influence of Foreigner's patron god allows him to transcend the very concept of life and death altogether, granting him immunity to instant death effects and a small chance of inflicting instant death through normal attacks. Curiously enough, perhaps due to the limitations of his own body, Foreigner shows no sign of possessing this Skill. Rather, this Skill is seemingly possessed by Foreigner's partner, "Elena".

Personal Skills
    Combination (Odd) (B)

A Skill that displays how much one's combat power increases when on a united front with a specific person. As husband and wife, Foreigner works exceptionally well with Elena. No matter what sort of severe battlefield, they will be able to grasp each other's actions with a single gaze and then take the most suitable move. In battle, Foreigner normally observes the enemy's movements and analyzes their capabilities, while Elena executes his plans with powerful spells. The two could also perform complex battle maneuvers using their spells in perfect synchronization. Foreigner claims that as husband and wife who spent a lifetime together, it's only natural to possess this Skill.

...Or so it seems. There is something fundamentally... off about their combination. For one, Elena's movements, while precise, seem less human and more mechanical, akin to a string puppet manipulated by a maestro on stage. Her unnervingly silent demeanor and constantly veiled face also does not help matters regarding her unsettling aura. Either way, it's best not to talk to Foreigner regarding these issues.

Magecraft (C++)

Knowledge about modern Thaumaturgy. When his skills as a physician failed him, Foreigner resorted to the occult in pursuit of his wish. While his magecraft should normally have been abysmally weak due to his recent origins, it received considerable boost from his contact with Zo-Kalar. Foreigner is familiar with several types of basic magecraft, but he primarily excels in necromancy and spiritual evocation, arts that blur the lines between life and death.

Understanding of the Human Body (B+)

A Skill that allows one to have a grasp of the inner workings of the human body, like a piece of precision machinery. All actions intended to heal through Skills, magecraft, etc. are improved. One is able to target enemy vitals with extreme precision, and all damage inflicted is increased. In addition, all damage received by the user is reduced. An accomplished physician who would do anything to save his patients, Foreigner possesses extensive knowledge on human anatomy and biological processes, as well as how to exploit them. An innate skill further enhanced by his contract with Zo-Kalar, allowing him to grasp the essence of life and death itself.

Corpse Preservation (A++)

The ability to forcibly bind the dead within the world of the living, a blasphemous act that rejects the concept of "death" altogether. Using a mixture of his own medical expertise, magecraft, and Zo-Kalar's authority, Foreigner possesses unmatched talent in preserving dead bodies. While its effects are strictly limited to significantly delaying the decomposition process when used on deceased humans, it possesses a different effect when used on Heroic Spirits. When this Skill is used on a Heroic Spirit who received fatal injury or permanently damaged spirit core, it forcibly binds the spirit into the world, preventing them from returning to the Throne. Even as their limbs fall off, as their minds decay, wishing for the sweet release of death... As long as the tiniest sliver of their spirit core remains, they must continue to fight, akin to a warped version of Battle Continuation. Once this Skill is activated, "the right to die" becomes an unattainable concept to the target, unless Foreigner wills it.

Noble Phantasm(s)

Sorrowful Marionette Transcending the Absolute Boundary
    Elena

Type: Anti-Human/Anti-World
    Range: 1-?
    Max Targets: 100

The true nature of Foreigner's partner; a terminal that links the world with Zo-Kalar's realm. Empowered by Foreigner's fervent wish, this Noble Phantasm creates a paradox, an impossible state where the target is simultaneously alive and dead as Zo-Kalar's authority slowly overturns the established boundaries between the two, forcibly integrating the two concepts together. A partial release of this Noble Phantasm is constantly active, enveloping "Elena". This makes her effectively unkillable. Most attacks will harmlessly phase through her, and even if an attack connects, it would be akin to hitting a lifeless marionette; her dress may tear, her limbs may fall off, and her body may contort unnaturally, but these "damages" heal in seconds and barely effect her combat performance. After all, one cannot "kill what is already dead". The only way to bypass this Noble Phantasm is to utilize an attack that bypasses the concept of life and death together, utterly removing one's existence from the world. Another way to overcome this Noble Phantasm is to direct attacks toward Foreigner himself, who does not possess the same unliving/undead status. Doing so is much easier said than done, however, due to the perfect synchronization shared between Foreigner and "Elena".

This Noble Phantasm has a different, much more horrifying application when used offensively. Upon its activation, the enemy is inflicted with a similar unliving/undead status as "Elena". However, as the enemy still possesses a "soul", this status only shuts down the body, while keeping the consciousness intact, turning the body into an inescapable flesh prison, confronting the target with a sight of the incomprehensible void, rapidly driving them into madness. Even once this Noble Phantasm is deactivated, as long as one possesses a "soul", they will suffer intense, irreversible damage to their psyche. This Noble Phantasm suffers from massive mana cost due to the world's corrective forces trying to shut it down, believing it to be "something that should not exist". However, with every target inflicted with this status, the mana cost lessens as the idea of "an incomprehensible, unending void" is introduced into mankind's collective unconscious. As the number of victims increase, a gateway into Dreamlands gradually opens, merging the two worlds together. Should this Noble Phantasm be allowed to reach its final stage, the world will be born anew, and perhaps Foreigner's wish can finally be granted...

Description
    Foreigner's True Name is Count Carl Tanzler von Cosel​, a German radiologist, physician, magus, and erotomaniac.

Despite his... unnerving reputation, Foreigner conducts himself as a hopeless romantic and mild-mannered gentleman. A self-proclaimed family man, he is fond of wholesome couple activities with his wife, even if his romantic advances and witty remarks are only reciprocated by ominous silence from her part (or occasionally, a slap for some especially bad, macabre puns he tends to make). Either way, perhaps due to an intense form of denial from Foreigner's part, he seems to treat "Elena" as a normal, completely living being. At times, one may observe him talking to her, (in truth talking to himself) laughing or bickering like an old married couple. Late at night, one may also encounter the two of them dancing to classical music, Foreigner taking "Elena"'s pale hands and seemingly limp body on an ominous yet hauntingly beautiful waltz. Despite all this, Masters are advised to keep their cool and entertain Foreigner's fantasies, as the slightest mention of something weird with his wife would greatly upset him.

Underneath his usual eccentricities lie a different, more serious side to Foreigner. Deep down, he knows that "Elena" is not who she appears to be, yet he willingly embraces his delusions either way as some sort of coping mechanism; a constant reminder of his distant dream. While it would not be an exaggeration to say that "bringing Elena back from the dead" is Foreigner's greatest wish, it appears that Foreigner's love for the beauty of human life extends to other things, vowing that he "will never lose another life like Elena". Thus, seeing all life as an extension of Elena's he develops intense savior complex as a doctor. While this complex deeply motivates his actions, it's also a double-edged sword, as he tends to blame himself endlessly for any "patient" he fails to save. Thus, burdened by his love, his loss, and his memories, Foreigner desires one thing with Zo-Kalar's authority; the complete erasure of the concept of "death". As someone who loves
    Elena
    humanity
    , the very existence of death is a stain, a detriment upon the beauty of human life. Foreigner would do anything to realize this dream, including merging the world with Dreamlands and heralding Zo-Kalar's arrival. To him, only then will humanity truly be saved from its imperfect, fleeting nature. At the end of this path, perhaps Elena would finally return to his side.

Lore
    Count Carl Tanzler von Cosel (1877-1952) was a German-born radiologist, physician, magus, and erotomaniac. He developed an obsession for a young Cuban-American tuberculosis patient, Elena "Helen" Milagro de Hoyos (1909-1931), that carried on well after the disease had caused her death. In 1933, almost two years after her death, Tanzler removed Hoyos' body from its tomb, and lived with the corpse at his home for seven years until its discovery by Hoyos' relatives and authorities in 1940.

Tanzler was born and raised in Imperial Germany, but emigrated into the United States from Germany in 1926, sailing from Rotterdam to Cuba, then to Florida. There, he worked as a radiologist and physician at a local clinic. Throughout his youth, Tanzler claimed to have been visited by visions of a dead, purported ancestor, Countess Anna Constantia von Cosel, who revealed the face of his true love, an exotic dark-haired woman, to him. These purported visions instilled within him an interest towards the occult, and an obsession to find his destined true love.

On April 22, 1930, while working at the Marine Hospital in Key West, Tanzler met Maria Elena "Helen" Milagro de Hoyos (1909–1931), a local Cuban-American woman who had been brought to the hospital by her mother for an examination. Tanzler immediately recognized her as the beautiful dark-haired woman that had been revealed to him in his earlier "visions". For the next few months, Tanzler courted her, and the two were relatively close as doctor and patient. However, it's doubtful that Elena ever reciprocated Tanzler's romantic advances.

On 1931, Elena was diagnosed with tuberculosis, a typically fatal disease at the time. Mustering all of his medical knowledge, Tanzler tried to save her. Yet his best efforts weren't enough. Elena succumbed to tuberculosis on October 1931. Tanzler was devastated upon hearing news of her passing. He paid for her funeral, and with the permission of her family he then commissioned the construction of an above ground mausoleum in the Key West Cemetery, which he visited almost every night.

Unable to move on from his memories of Elena, Tanzler spent the following year looking for ways to contact her from beyond the grave. Unknown to history, he immersed himself in the occult, becoming familiar with the arts of spirit channeling and necromancy. Yet even then, it was not enough. Elena remained beyond his reach. Growing desperate, Tanzler sought even more obscure, unorthodox magecraft and rituals, anything to bring Elena back. It was then that a miracle happened, a one-in-a-million chance; something answered his call from a world beyond. The creature introduced itself as Zo-Kalar, a deity from the distant realm of Dreamlands. While Zo-Kalar initially planned to possess Tanzler and turn him into his terminal, his single-minded
    obsession
    love
    allowed him to resist its influence. Thus sensing Tanzler's wish, instead Zo-Kalar proposed a contract: by merging the world together with Dreamlands, it would be possible for it to bring Elena back to life using its authority. Tanzler accepted the contract without question. However, in order to realize it, Zo-Kalar requires one thing; a conduit, a terminal that links the two worlds, marking the start of its conquest. Thus Tanzler set out to procure it.

One evening in April 1933, Tanzler crept through the cemetery where Elena was buried and removed her body from the mausoleum, carting it through the cemetery after dark on a toy wagon, and transporting it to his home. He reportedly said that Elena’s spirit would come to him when he would sit by her grave and serenade her corpse with a favorite Spanish song. He also said that she would often tell him to take her from the grave. The truth was much darker than that, of course; Elena's body was a "door" that linked the two worlds together, a way for Zo-Kalar to enter our realm.

For more than half a decade, Tanzler conducted rituals to bring about the emergence of Dreamlands upon Earth. He preserved Elena's body using several makeshift tools such as piano wires, glass eyes, silk, plaster, and perfumes. He adorned her with jewelries and a pure white dress, and reportedly danced with her body in front of an open window. Tanzler's crime was revealed in 1940 when Elena's sister confronted him at his house. Reporting her discovery to local authorities, Tanzler was arrested and placed in a mental asylum, while Elena's body was reclaimed by her family and buried once again.

Tanzler left the asylum four years later, in 1944. Yet even then, he refused to give up. With no access to Elena's true body, he began crafting a life-sized effigy of her to conduct his rituals. He lived with this effigy until his death in 1952. It was said that he was found dead under mysterious circumstances in his own home. He was found in the arms of Elena's effigy, with no proper explanation on how he could even wind up in that position. His death was shrouded in mystery and conspiracies, his rituals still unfinished by the time of his death.

Relationships (1st and 2nd ascension)
    Sakamoto Ryouma/Oryou, Sigurd/Bynhild, Xiang Yu/Yu Miaoyi:
    "Ah, it's nice to know that Chaldea is a place where long-lost lovers can reunite and enjoy their happily-ever-after, wouldn't you agree, dear?"
    "..."
    "Yes, yes, I understand perfectly. I love you too, dear."

Florence Nightingale, Asclepius:
    "To think medicine has progressed so much, and to think we have such qualified medical professionals here... Did you see that, Elena!? They have a cure for your illness now! No one else would have to suffer! Isn't that just wonderful?"
    "..."

Okita Souji:
    "That poor young girl... for some reason my heart aches when I see her. She reminded me of... you, back then."
    "..."
    "I know, dear, you're not going anywhere this time. I'll protect you for sure."

Jack the Ripper, Liu Pengli, Albert Fish:
    "Say, what happens when a bunch of murderers were forced to share a room in a single motel? I guess you could call that a... dead and breakfast!"
    "..."
    *SMACK!*
    "Now, now, you have to admit that was a good one."

Relationships (3rd ascension)
    Necromancers, or users of similar arts:
    "No, no, it's all wrong! It's not enough! What meaning is there in reviving the dead, if only to pledge their eternal servitude to you!? Where's the humanity!? It lacks beauty! It lacks... life."

Ryougi Shiki:
    "Oho, what's with that look? Tell me... just what do you see with those eyes..?"

Florence Nightingale:
    "Ah, how I admire your dedication. You would save your patients, even if it means killing them, and I would break through the boundaries of death itself if it means saving my love... Ahaha, we're not so different after all, wouldn't you agree?"

Asclepius:
    "A medicine that could bring the dead back to life!? YOU HAVE TO GIVE IT TO ME! I'll do anything... HADES WON'T TAKE ANOTHER SOUL UNDER MY WATCH!"

Gorgon, Medusa:
    *Eyes them with a bloodthirsty look on his face after Asclepius told him the materials required for his medicine*
    "Yes... this is a necessary sacrifice for the greater good. Elena... I'll see you soon."

Rama:
    "Ah, to be so far apart from your love, divided by an unbreakable curse... I am familiar with the feeling. You have my sympathy."

Okita Souji:
    "DAMMIT, STAY STILL! I'll cure you for sure this time! I won't let another individual suffer like Elena did! I'll excise a part of your spirit origin myself if I have to!"

Underworld deities:
    "You won't take her from me, you hear me!? YOU WON'T TAKE HER! NOT AGAIN, NOT THIS TIME!"

Creator's Notes/Fun Facts
    Happy early Halloween, everyone! Have this morbid, macabre Foreigner here. Overall, I think I did a fine job at not making his personality feel too one-note. The most obvious take on him is to make him nothing more than a single-minded madman determined to bring Elena back at all costs, but I managed to expand his personality a bit by adding on his views regarding death and humanity, perhaps even making him a bit sympathetic.

-There's that one Vocaloid song I largely took inspiration from for this sheet.

-Going by the canon Foreigners' theme of embracing their Outer God, changing their designs and animations at 3rd ascension, Tanzler here is the same. 1st and 2nd ascension is his creepy-but-wholesome-husband side, while 3rd ascension represents his more serious side, where he stops his husband-and-wife roleplaying fantasies.

-There's a running joke between them in Chaldea. The two would often engage in boke-tsukkomi routines where Tanzler would say something stupid and "Elena" would just smack him for it. It's unclear whether this is perhaps a hint of Elena's true personality, or if it's just Zo-Kalar screwing with him. Tanzler doesn't mind either way, though. In fact, he's kind of into it.

-Regarding that line to Shiki... while Tanzler himself is nothing special, she sees that "Elena" possesses no lines of death, something which unsettled her.

-There are definitely some questions that could be asked regarding the manner of his death. Did he die of natural causes? Took his own life due to anguish? Killed himself as part of his ritual to awaken Zo-Kalar? Received a sealing designation for his blasphemous rituals? You decide.

-There was supposed to be more awful, death-related puns there to highlight Tanzler's more lighthearted side. Alas, my imagination is kind of limited at the moment. A pity.
    Last edited by BnEl15; October 15th, 2020 at 11:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    I like this one. Nothing really profound to say or criticize. It's a good sheet with a fun concept. I love the use of Elena, and his interactions with other Servants (I even recently added relationships to my sheets). I remember, though, before I got far into it, I read "Curiously enough, perhaps due to the limitations of his own body, Foreigner shows no sign of possessing this Skill. Rather, this Skill is seemingly possessed by Foreigner's partner, "Elena"." and thought, "So, he picks up his girl and smacks people with her? That's awesome!" I read further to realize I wasn't far off.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; October 15th, 2020 at 07:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Nice to see that one of my suggestions worked for your sheet. Very nice sheet, I like it.

And if you need some macabre jokes, i can offer this . I can imagine how he uses deprecating jokes at his final ascension

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like this one. Nothing really profound to say or criticize. It's a good sheet with a fun concept. I love the use of Elena, and his interactions with other Servants (I even recently added relationships to my sheets). I remember, though, before I got far into it, I read "Curiously enough, perhaps due to the limitations of his own body, Foreigner shows no sign of possessing this Skill. Rather, this Skill is seemingly possessed by Foreigner's partner, "Elena"." and thought, "So, he picks up his girl and smacks people with her? That's awesome!" I read further to realize I wasn't far off.
    Yep, thanks. His fighting style is kind of similar to Ryouma/Oryou and Castor/Pollux, except using magecraft. On 3rd ascension, he would also utilize more of Zo-Kalar's authority to summon undead familiars. Then again, since "Elena" still possesses decently high parameters thanks to Zo-Kalar, she still packs a pretty good punch.

Nice to see that one of my suggestions worked for your sheet. Very nice sheet, I like it.

And if you need some macabre jokes, i can offer this . I can imagine how he uses deprecating jokes at his final ascension
    Yeah, thanks for your ideas. Tanzler went through several changes in Skills, NP, and characterization, but things feel much clearer once I connected him to Zo-Kalar. Self-deprecating jokes at final ascension sounds like a good idea. The quote I have in mind is basically him acknowledging that he did several unruly things in life, but he did it for the good of mankind, for Elena, which is why he refuses to stop at any cost.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    a Little Question when is the submission Deadline i hope i have some days time ?

and great Sheets and profiles everyone ! when i have mine hopefully posted will i give my Reviews ! oh and Morg van Destro a heartly welcome from me in our Rounds !
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wednesday, noon UTC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Should MCaS be actually monthly instead of bi-monthly or should MCaM be resurrected, is the current order of things fine as it is? Just curious of what people think.