Page 203 of 782 FirstFirst ... 103153193198201202203204205208213253303703 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

You could replace it with something completely different but that would ruin the whole concept of this Odysseus being literally so good at storytelling he fooled the world into believing he had a family he never did. Odysseia and Persuasion work to capture his nature as a talker, not a fighter, so with all due respect I'd just as soon see Cyber replace neither. Plus that's kind of, you know. What he fights with primarily. Because he cannot reload his bow.

Incidentally I will never understand why you were so hard on yourself with the first version of this profile but I love the updated one. Illusions/Twelve Shot Death Arrow feels very 'right' as an Odysseus way of fighting, and I like the fact that you even give the shots a visual identity without actually leaving the profile. I wish I could Archer this well. :<
    "AND THAT MEANT THE ROCK, THE CRAPPY AWFUL ROCK HERE WAS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE, THE CONTINUA, THE WHOLE REALITY!"

-Iain M. Banks, Use of Weapons

夜属 Nightkin
    simply eliminating either one, or moving the abilities of persuasion and merging it into the NP, would also be something that would work. It just struck me as odd that they seemed redundant. The point of suggestions is that if you don't like it you can just ignore it.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Odysseus always makes for a cool Servant, but this one is particularly nice. I like the focus more on his powers of pursuasion than his actual combat feats. Tricksy Odie is best Odie.

Also I'm always a sucker for "wind-in-a-can" powers so that's a plus.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Odysseus always makes for a cool Servant, but this one is particularly nice. I like the focus more on his powers of pursuasion than his actual combat feats. Tricksy Odie is best Odie.

Also I'm always a sucker for "wind-in-a-can" powers so that's a plus.
    I felt guilty for cribbing so much from Invisible Air, but well, it seemed appropriate. ^^; Though I wondered if the Zoolanderesque 'I can't cast wind magic to my left' was too weird, even if it was myth-derived, lol.

The original one didn't use Aeolus and that was really the idea I wanted to play with in draft 2. As a consequence, I wonder if firloz is right that Odysseia shouldn't be a separate NP... It's basically done using refraction from the wind like how Saber makes things invisible with Invisible Air, but I wanted to write it as a technique of its own rather than just merge it into Aeolus, because I really liked the name I ended up with for that NP. The 'many turning' thing is apparently like, the way the Odyssey describes him and is meant to mean resourceful.

Mmm... Something to think about, I suppose. Thanks to each of you. ^^

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    The 'many turning' thing is apparently like, the way the Odyssey describes him and is meant to mean resourceful.
    πολύτροπον, a word which has itself provoked much twisting and turning as translators try to give something that sounds natural in English. Having read a lot of versions of this first line in the Odyssey, it always amuses me whenever I see another slightly off attempt at wriggling around the translation barrier.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    πολύτροπον, a word which has itself provoked much twisting and turning as translators try to give something that sounds natural in English. Having read a lot of versions of this first line in the Odyssey, it always amuses me whenever I see another slightly off attempt at wriggling around the translation barrier.
    It does seem difficult to render. ^^; I remain an itinerant Wiki scholar at best, but I saw that phrase written that way there and it just sounded delightfully Nasu-esque as awkwardly written.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How about some class, people?

SERVANT CASTER

Name: Madame de Pompadour
    Class: Caster

STR: E
    AGI: D
    CON: E
    MGI: C
    LCK: B
    NP: B+

Class Skills:

Item Construction
    The skill to manufacture magical items.
    • C: Capable of creating magical automatons, suitable for various tasks.

Territory Creation
    The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus.
    • B-: Creation of a “Court” becomes possible. While social interactions are greatly boosted, it is inferior when it comes to boosting her abilities as a magus.

Detail:

The most successful mistress to ever live.

Born to a common family in Paris of 1721, Madame de Pompadour, then known as Jeanne Antoinette Poisson, was suited to success from the very beginning. At the age of nine, a travelling sorcerer with the gift of prophecy foretold that she would one day reign over the heart of a king, and thusly, she was nicknamed “Reinette”, the little queen.

After introduced to the court of King Louis XV by the cousin of the king, after an eventful masked ball where she made herself known, she quickly rose to a position where she had become the king’s must beloved and trusted mistress. Granted a title by the king, she took the name of Madame de Pompadour, and began to expand her rule in the shadows of the court. From behind the scenes, she affected various political decisions and got rid of her competitors in a manner unlike any other mistress of the king before.

Madame de Pompadour became famous when even the current queen, Marie Leszczyńska, accepted as the only correct choice for the position of the mistress of the king. Her political ventures affected directly the happening of such events as Diplomatic Revolution, the Seven Years’ War and Treaty of Paris, to name a few. She even miraculously kept the melancholic king from falling into a depression, by showcasing her talent in influencing people.

Famed for her verve and intelligence, she planned many great buildings and influenced many forms of art, most which she herself took part in. At the time, her influence could be seen everywhere, and many great writers and artists, such as Voltaire himself, were influenced by her views of the world.

At the age of 42, she died of tuberculosis, leaving behind many mourning allies, and relieved political enemies who had feared her greatly during her time of living.

Personality:

As a Servant, Caster is someone who is very sensitive to the moods of others and to the flows of situations. She can read the atmosphere of any event, and act accordingly, always knowing the best way to emerge victorious. While this may make her seem aloof and indifferent at times, she cares greatly for her Master, whomever it might be, and does her best to ensure that his or her life is safe. It could be said that she devotes herself so loyally to her task that she forsakes something human in her.

Although she is pleasing to everyone she meets, she does have a bad habit of taking control of everything. Her mind works like a clockwork, automatically analyzing what happens around her. Therefore, she seems it as a no hard task to manipulate even her own Master, as long as it is for a good cause. Therefore, while she is extremely loyal, her Master may have a difficult times in trusting her.

Depending on the age and gender of her Master, she takes a different approach to them. To those who are but children, she acts like an older sister. To women of her age, she forms a cordial friendship, and greatly respects those older than her. When it comes to men, she may exhibit her role of a mistress, but clearly informs that there is no true love in that relationship. After her life, she has a difficulties when it comes to grasping such concept.

Personal Skills:

Discernment of the Poor
    The insight to see through the opponent’s character and attribute.
    • C: Having been born as a commoner, and having learned everything there is about interacting with people, it is only with magical means that she can be deceived.

Enchant
    The appendage of improved attributes and functionality to others their precious articles. Used to reinforce the capabilities of the Servant’s Master.
    • D: Capable of raising the Master’s battle-attributes by boosting their morale and enhancing them to their very best through application of word-based magecraft.

Expert of Many Specializations
    The access to and use of many expert skills.
    • B: A total of 28 different skills ranging from fine arts, etiquette, politics, acting, rhetoric, literature, horse riding, hunting and others can be used with proficiency of Rank C and above.

Finesse of Etiquette
    The ability to learn and adapt to the behavior and culture of others, increasing the social interactions with those met.
    • B+: Capable of recognizing the acceptable cultural patterns of the individual in manner of seconds, and capacity of acting to them perfectly, affecting their emotions in the manner desired. Receives a boost from her Skill ‘Shapeshift’, enabling high level effects on the target. Negotiations become exceedingly easier towards any opponent.

Shapeshift
    Refers to both borrowing bodies and appearance change.
    • E: By changing her way of behavior and her body language, it is possible for Caster to become pleasing to anyone’s eyes, acting in a manner that relaxes and soothes them.

Noble Phantasms:

Name: Petit Trianon
    Title: ~Clockwork Automaton Palace~
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 300
    Maximum number of targets: 50

A palace designed to be the safe haven for those who summon it, and a deadly trap for those who try to assault it.

Taking a form of a beautiful Neoclassical château with walls that surround it, it is more like a hide-away of a noble than a true Noble Phantasm. The Petit Trianon has a garden and few out-buildings, such a French pavillon and a belvedere that act as additional targets. However, the main building stands, despite its small size, firmly against any invaders. Those who have the authority of a “royalty” or have been ordered by such can access into the main building without a problem, but those that break in with force find themselves perpetually unnerved, feeling that they should not be there.

Inside the main building is multiple floors full of deadly traps and machinery that is waiting to destroy the invaders. In fact, the true form of the château is nothing but one large automaton, one that has the mission to defend its tenants from any danger. Guardian clockwork robots, pitfalls full of spikes, lowering ceilings, self-locking rooms that fill with poison gas, every and all manner of traps can be found within it.

As the floors, walls and ceilings can freely switch place, it is impossible to map the château. It also helps in allowing Caster to evade her enemies further if the need be, leading them to a game of cat and mouse inside the building.

Name: Au reste, après nous, le Déluge
    Title: ~What follows is but Sorrow~
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: -
    Maximum number of targets: 1

Caster’s ultimate Noble Phantasm. If, at any point of the war, Caster’s abilities as a master of words and emotions have allowed her to steal the heart of an individual, she may use that love to bring forth the curse passed down on her family. In the event of a target having to grown to love her, Caster merely needs to speak the activation words in the same breath with the target’s name, and the curse shall activate.

After activation, the LCK stat of the target is immediately reduced to “-“, and all further actions have their saving throws greatly penalized. The actions of the target shall continue to bring forth his or her own ruin, slowly but surely, to the inevitable end. Depending on how strong their defense against curses is, the target may even find their wounds healing slower than normal.

There are two ways of removing the curse. One is to lose in a duel over the hand of Caster to another person who has also come to love her, but has not suffered the curse. This is exceedingly difficult, as at the point which this Noble Phantasm can be activated, the emotion must be that of “true love”. The other is that of destruction of Caster.

It seems that depending on the current mind-set of Caster, the effects of the Noble Phantasm may be lessened towards the female gender.

Additional Info:
    • Caster is very curious about current fashion, although she usually abhors most of the new ways. Some may catch her interest, nonetheless, at which point she will most likely change her clothing to the new one.
    • Caster has a habit of writing poems. If the Master of the Servant defeated is still alive, Caster may write a letter of apology to him or her, in form of a poem.
    • If female Servant possesses a high degree of beauty that would affect Caster’s own Master, she may exhibit a fearsome amount of jealousy.
    • Possibly tsundere if the above happens.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    How do you do that thing again where you have text above something you wrote. I must know for future Servants.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Ruby text? I think it's (ruby=top text)bottom text(/ruby). Replace the () with [] and you'll get the text you want.

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Like this!
    Wait...
    Fuck, what's going on!?
    I'm so confused!
    This isn't even in a sensible reading order, you're supposed to be going from the bottom up!
    Too many nested taaaaaaaags
    D:
    It's [ruby=floatytext]bottomtexthere[/youknowhowtoclosetagsjeez] tags!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rider

„Hahahahah! A fistfight? Bring it! There is no joy greater for a man then the simple pleasure of a brawl!“

Name: Kalevipoeg
    Class: Rider

STR: A
    AGI: D
    CON: B
    MGI: C
    LCK: A
    NP: B

Class Skills:

Riding
    The ability to ride beasts and vehicles. If the Servant has a Noble Phantasm which works as a steed, etc. the Riding skill’s rank has to match the rank of that Noble Phantasm for the Servant to be able to use it.

• B: At this rank, the Servant is capable of riding on most mortal mounts and large vehicles (i.e. small airplanes, helicopters) more skillfully than the average rider.

Personal Skills

Magic Resistance
    The ability to cancel or diminish the effects of magecraft used against oneself.

• A: As a hero whose legends involve numerous fights against sorcerers and magicians of all sorts, Rider’s resistance against magecraft is exceptional, even when outside the three Knight classes. At this rank, spells of A-Rank or below are cancelled. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi.

Animal Dialogue
    The skill of communication of the intention with animals that don’t speak “language of words”. The higher rank allows more complex intentions to be transmitted to animals.

• B: Since birth, Rider has been blessed with the ability to talk with animals, a gift which came in handy several times during his legend. At this rank, more complex ideas and images can be communicated. Suitable for using the animals for spying.

Spirit of Impulsive Action
    Representation of a will that is completely dependent on temporary mood swings and emotions, rather than reason or logic. Not so much as a lack of ability to reason, but refusal to do so.

• B+: At this rank, the Servant is immune to all foreign mental interferences, including distractions, induced emotions, illusions, etc. In addition, when acting purely on his impulses and without premeditation, STR is increased. However, the Servant is also extremely easy to push into extreme mood swings (and resulting actions) by possible insults or other negative actions. At this rank, it can be said that even a loved one can be slain in the haze of temporary anger.

Might of the Fist

The skill of brawling. Unlike any sort of martial arts, it represents an inborn ability to fight with one’s fists.

• C – Due to spending most of his life fighting with merely his fists, Rider is an extremely capable fistfighter. However, due to being summoned in the Rider class, the effectiveness of this ability has been reduced. At this rank, no battle potential is lost when one is fighting unarmed.

Navigator of the Storm

Capability and charisma as a leader, as necessary to captain a ship and lead a naval fleet. Because the ability as a group leader is also necessary, this unique Skill also has the effects of both Charisma and Military Tactics.

• E: This rank is enough to lead a single, large vessel.

Noble Phantasm

Lindanise - Eternally Tainted Glory
    Type: Anti-Unit to Anti Army
    Range: 500
    Maximum number of targets: 1 to 150

The fabulous greatsword forged by the great smith Ilmarinen and later cursed by the same smith.

The same curse that claimed Kalevipoeg’s life at the end of his journey.

A beautiful blade that is as large as the man who wields it, Lindanise is a beautiful ornamented blade that is the most commonly used weapon of Kalevipoeg. When its name is called upon, Lindanise emits a flash of magical energy that strikes his opponent with lightning speed, almost impossible to avoid or block, unless the opponent possesses AGI that surpasses B rank. In addition, Kalevipoeg can specify a specific area on his opponents body that the Noble Phantasm strikes (“Attack his eyes!”), though the same Agility requirements apply.

In addition, Kalevipoeg can strike the blade in the ground. In this case, a pseudo Boundary is created and the blade strikes any opponent or object breaching the boundary (or inside it), with the specified attack. However, this application applies for all individuals outside the area during the time of activation (those inside are unharmed) and is reactivated, should individuals inside leave the area. The blade would strike even Kalevipoeg, should he leave the barrier and later return.

Lennuk A Journey Impossible
    Type: Anti Army
    Range: 300
    Maximum number of targets: 50

The great ship crafted for traveling to the end of the World.

Not actually a ship of its own, but more of a pseudo Reality Marble in a physical form that represents the concept of the “Impossible Journey”. When activated, it traps those inside into a world of dreams and impossible goals. All memory of the targets current situation is erased (unless the opponent possesses extremely high rank in Magic Resistance) and replaced with a world where the target’s greatest desire is at the end of a journey. This “goal” can take many forms and shapes, from a quest for an artifact that can change the past to an entrance of Valhalla. However, one is certain. The dream is always unattainable.

In the end, it is the ultimate weapon against those who are truly determined to fulfill their desires.

The Reality Marble continues for every individual for as long as the target still holds on to his dream. Those who cannot let go, will be forever trapped in its confines, in their endless journey for their hopeless goal. Only when recognizing the futility of that goal, can they return to their senses. However, even for those returning, there will be one of three trials (chosen at random).

• A Trial of Wit – The target must solve riddles that require great wit to be released. Failure to do so means that the target is forever trapped in the endless confines of the Reality Marble.
    • A Trial of Determination – The target must cross an island of endless immolation, scorching steam and smothering smoke. Target is dealt damage according to his or her END score (lasts after the disappearance of the Reality Marble).
    • A Trial of Peace – The target is trapped on an island, fighting against endless hordes of half-men half-dog creatures. To survive this trial, one must understand that not all battles can be fought and must willingly initiate peace talks with his opponents. Failure to do so is to die under the endless hordes of dog-men.

In the end, after their trials have been conducted, the targets will be returned to the real world, though the time passed is equivalent to the time spent in the Reality Marble. Lennuk can also be used as an actual boat (equivalent durability to its NP rank, though without any actual weapon capability) in its non-manifested form.

(Mechanically, "eternally" means "until they run out of prana and die", since as long as they are chasing their dreams, the targets are fueling the Reality Marble).

Personality:

An impulsive man-child.

In his core, Rider is a man who seemingly wears his heart in his sleeve. When enjoying himself, his happiness seems almost infectious. When sad, the very animals and surrounding world seems to cry with him. And when angry, his rage is such that it cannot be quenched by anything else but blood. However, as per his personality, these are just temporary mood swings fueled by intense bursts of brief emotion.

In the larger scheme, Rider is not particularly serious about anything. He does not have grand goals or endless dreams to fulfill. Neither does he have any regrets to change. He just wishes to enjoy whatever he wants to do, to the fullest. When dealing with his Master, matters such as sex or physical attributes are meaningless to him. In the beginning, he will always greet his Master with a happy, almost naïve smile on his face. In a most primal way, Rider is pure individual. He is a clean slate reminiscent of the first men, who had no understanding of good or evil. He has no prejudices and is always true to his emotions, nothing else. Whether it be rage or love, there is no deception in his actions. He does not lie, nor does he manipulate.

However, for the Master of Rider, the entire Grail War becomes an balancing act, as Rider’s mood swings insure that any casual insult or act of deceit can send him into a blind rage against his own Master. In addition to this, Rider is almost impossible to use in any sort of larger strategy or plot, since he is extremely unlikely to follow any sort of guidelines that are established without the use of a Command Seal (and trying to manipulate him into any sort of overall strategy can backfire immensely if Rider discovers it).

Last edited by Mellon; January 4th, 2013 at 06:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    Regal is a Rider now and has been renamed Kalevipoeg.
    I havent actually played Tales of Symphonia. The picture just fit.

Along with the shackles, since he was supposedly chained (or his hand got stuck) on a rock at the entrance of Hell, guarding it for all eternity (or something of the sort).

Hrm, good to see you didn't try to make something absurd out of the fact that he became the gatekeeper to hell, or something of the sort, xD. A nice sheet, all things considered.

That being said, is it even possible to trap someone, particularly another Servant, "eternally" within a Reality Marble? It would seem it would only last until the end of the Reality Marble's manifestation itself.
    Last edited by Egophobia; January 4th, 2013 at 05:56 PM.
    \(◕___◕)/

Servant Ruler is here. This guy took quite a while to make, due to his plot-device powers.
    Enjoy!

This Servant is submitted to the collective Servant Story project.

Spoiler:

---- City, 9:30 AM, at a table outside a certain cafe,

He wanted to be shocked. The world's decline to this state... such a thing deserved the awe of a Heroic Spirit, but he could not honestly give it. His scholars, magi, and alchemists had all forecast that humanity's growth would eventually backfire. The more people exist, the less a single person can do; larger tapestries use lower quality thread.

Ruler took a sip of his coffee. It was a pity he hadn't lived during a time when the beverage was widely available, although the coffee of this time wasn't much better than no coffee at all. The coffee was still nearly boiling, but the air was cold enough that he drank it anyway.

He'd spent the past day walking through the poor excuse for a city. It was only a collection of buildings. Of course, no city could ever measure up to his, but the culmination of the tales of those the Throne deemed complete deserved an incredible backdrop.

His advisors had told him that humans and their cities would decline. They agreed that it was unavoidable, and that even Baghdad would fall into mediocrity. Not even their Caliph, as wise as he was, could change the trajectory of humanity, they had said.

He'd proven them wrong. The city grew greater than ever under his rule. In the House of Wisdom, ancient texts and magecrafts were translated and rediscovered; art flourished, science blossomed, and dynasties as diverse as the Carolingians and Tang sought trade. The lives of its people became legends, tied together by the tale of the Caliph who, fighting ennui, wandered the streets of Baghdad. It was an impossibility, maybe even a miracle, but once he had achieved the impossible once, he could do it again.

The people of this city couldn't be blamed for the stage that they built. It would take a miracle to create a setting worthy of the greatest humanity had ever produced.

He had the exact miracle needed, helpfully crystalized into the handy and easy to use form of a Noble Phantasm. All he had to do was invoke it.

"City of Stories ~ Baghdad Lives On Through Legend"

It spreads though the city like water. What it is, exactly, isn't easy to define, but the effects it has can be seen.

The Magi sense it immediately. Something is happening, even if they can't exactly place it.

Business owners feel the impact. Their shops and markets are suddenly flooded by customers. Polite customers no less, even if they insist on haggling.

Hospitals notice that the children being born are stronger and more... whole, somehow. Libraries experience an influx of patronage. Old loans are repaid. Artists are inspired, and their work inspires people.

Most interestingly, stories begin to weave together. An old man, searching for a girl he loved long ago, finds her- she was looking for him as well. Her daughter, working for the old man's son's company, realizes that her children's teacher is her childhood hero. She finds her, and mentions that she inspired her, long ago. The teacher meets with an old friend, and they talk about their adventures, when his niece bursts in, revealing that she found the spare key to the strange wooden box that he keeps on the mantle. The craftsman is her classmate's father. That classmate walks by a cafe, downtown, where a man sits holding a cup of coffee, now cooled to the perfect temperature. He takes a sip. It tastes better. Of course, that's impossible, but he has experience with impossible things.

He finishes his coffee, leaves the mug on the table, (along with a considerable tip) and vanishes into the crowd.

Servant Ruler

Alternate Classes:
    Assassin, Caster, Saber, Rider (Stats/Noble Phantasms given for Ruler)
    If summoned as Saber, access to al Samsara, The Cleaver ~ False Gifts Are Worthless is granted, although All Stories Intertwine is sealed.
    If summoned as Rider, Abdul-Abbas ~ An Elephant for Charlemange is available for use, although All Stories Intertwine is sealed. Harun is not suited to this class.

True Name: Harun al Rashid

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Appearance:
    While within Baghdad and under All Stories Intertwine, Ruler may take any appearance he likes, although he prefers to stick to a man of vaguely Arabic descent wearing a beard. His clothes change depending on the situation.

Personality:
    Ruler is prone to ennui. He loves stories, and they are the only thing guaranteed to get him interested in a task. He sees his master as irrelevant, although, if they have an interesting past, he may try to force it out of them. As Caliph, he has a sense of entitlement, but chooses to keep it in check.

Statistics:

Strength: E
    Endurance: D (C)
    Agility: C (B)
    Luck: B (EX)
    Magical Energy: B (A)

Noble Phantasm: EX

Class Skills

* Presence Concealment
    The ability to hide one's presence. It is the hallmark skill of the Assassin Class.

--: Harun al-Rashid's ability to hide his presence does not correspond to this skill.

* Territory Creation

The ability to create a territory advantageous to one's self as a Magus.

--: Harun al-Rashid's ability to create a territory does not correspond to this skill.

Personal Skills

* Discernment of the Poor (Fake)
    Insight to see through the opponent's true character and attributes gained from pretending to be poor.

C+: Deceiving him is difficult, but can be accomplished. While within an area designated as Baghdad, the effectiveness of this skill doubles, and attempts to sidetrack conversation from the subject he wishes will invariably fail. This skill is marked (fake) due to the fact that Harun al-Rashid only pretended to be poor. However, even that false situation allowed him to inquire into the lives of his subjects.

* Eye for Art

An infatuation with works of art.

B: A Noble Phantasm with artistic anecdotes, origins, or depictions may easily be identified. As Caliph, Harun al-Rashid invited only the best artists, musicians, and poets to perform for him and his court. He has seen so much art, he could be called a connoisseur.

* Golden Rule
    Measures one's ability to acquire wealth.

A: Money Problems are completely unknown.

Noble Phantasms

City of Stories ~ Baghdad Lives On Through Legend
    Rank EX Anti-Urban Noble Phantasm

Harun al-Rashid's rule as Caliph brought wealth, art, knowledge, and fame to his empire. The city of Baghdad remains immortalized as the setting of many of the tales in One Thousand and One Nights. Harun may only invoke this Noble Phantasm in an urban area, which is designated Baghdad.

Businesses in this area inexplicably blossom, artists gain inspiration, and the city thrives. Any libraries within Baghdad also gain books at a faster rate. Stories begin to intertwine. People are returned to the way they were in the Age of the Gods; each human receives more humanity (incidentally, this is the reason for the Noble Phantasm's EX ranking). Ambient Prana is increased. Stories weave themselves together, with Harun as the focus point. Ranks up to certain stats are given.

Some of Harun al-Rashid's Noble Phantasms require Baghdad to function.

All Stories Intertwine ~ The Caliph Walks Among the People
    Rank B+ Anti-Casuality Noble Phantasm

Harun al-Rashid was said to walk the streets of Baghdad anonymously, weaving himself into the tapestry of his people's lives, and, consequently, that of the One Thousand and One Nights. While Harun al Rashid acts with this Noble Phantasm activated, he blends seamlessly into the environment, like a flat character only there for scenery purposes.

Being within Baghdad allows him to have people perceive him however he likes, although the suspension of disbelief can be broken by blatant contradiction to the perceived role.

While within Baghdad with this Noble Phantasm activated, Harun al-Rashid's Luck becomes ranked EX.

The true effect of this Noble Phantasm is to allow him to tie narrative threads together. He will always happen to be at the right place and right time to further the story.

aaa I cannot into BBcode

oh there we go never mind
    Last edited by Asdfghl; January 4th, 2013 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Alignment error (Thanks, Katie)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Egophobia View Post
    Hrm, good to see you didn't try to make something absurd out of the fact that he became the gatekeeper to hell, or something of the sort, xD. A nice sheet, all things considered.

That being said, is it even possible to trap someone, particularly another Servant, "eternally" within a Reality Marble? It would seem it would only last until the end of the Reality Marble's manifestation itself.
    That is me being poetic, basically. The actual reality is that as long as the opponents are in there they are fueling the RM with their desire.

Basically "being there eternally" means running completely out of prana and having "your mind chase your dream endlessly".

Blog Entries
    >Chaotic Lawful

D&D/Nasu alignments don't work that way, man.

夜属 Nightkin
    Chaotic Lawful... or in other words extremely neutral?

Still, I suppose chaotic lawful makes much more sense than Good Evil, whereas the latter is just wallbangingly contradictory, Chaotic Lawful seems like it should be meaningful (maybe by chaotic we mean off the walls, rather than lawbreaking. sort of like "insane" or "unpredictable" Lawful? I'm just prognosticating here).

Blog Entries
    If you're doing that, why wouldn't you just put True Neutral like everyone else would do. >_>

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Well you can as well go with Pure Neutral, meaning he thinks like an animal.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    True Neutral doesn't sound as lovely and poetic and descriptive as Chaotic Lawful. I like that designation much more, honestly, and for Nasuverse it works fine in my opinion.