Page 221 of 782 FirstFirst ... 121171211216219220221222223226231271321721 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Also, "Heraclius' era" is probably as important as the "Roman Republic era" if you look outside the empire, it was, after all, the time of Muhammed revelations, something which spurred the Golden Age of the middle east, something which, incidentally, most western schools ignore as well. Eurocentrism, ho!
    The historical background of Islam never got really done in my school (mind, nor did the Jewish or Buddhist or even particularly the Christian one), but we had a fair bit of it in science for all the resultant changes. Anyway, that aside, I agree that that period could be studied more generally, but I uphold that the transition period is arguably the most interesting part of Roman history, from its founding to the last fall of Constantinople.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Because Arthur did so great with her country, lol.
    Seemed to do fine with her country. Bloody idiot knights were the problem. Some can't put their cocks away, and some can't stand the inhuman avatar of justice making just decisions.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

I've always interpreted Charisma as the ability to inspire others to action through your deeds/force of personality. In that respect Saber's definitely got enough of that, she was able to command the entire nation as king despite appearing to be a young girl (that cannot have been that easy to make them look past).

B is usually where I cap a normal-human rank though. Higher than B charisma and you're looking at supernatural levels of personality magnet.
    "AND THAT MEANT THE ROCK, THE CRAPPY AWFUL ROCK HERE WAS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE, THE CONTINUA, THE WHOLE REALITY!"

-Iain M. Banks, Use of Weapons

Blog Entries
    that cannot have been that easy to make them look past
    I mean, it was pretty easy. That's what the sword in the stone was for.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbazca View Post
    Sooo, i come up with an original-flavor Assassin. I couldn't find myself to craft some mystical Assassin, so i go through the mundane way.
    Aww, I was thinking of making a Sinan sheet myself...

I mean, it was pretty easy. That's what the sword in the stone was for.
    mmm, point. Even then, Saber still has a lot of strong-leader characteristics though, and the terms she's described in are those you'd apply to a pretty exceptional human (also she spawned the legend of King Arthur, one of the most instantly recognizable rulers, so there's that).

Either way wouldn't say that makes Charisma = force of personality which compels people to look up to you an inconsistent way of ranking it.
    "AND THAT MEANT THE ROCK, THE CRAPPY AWFUL ROCK HERE WAS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE, THE CONTINUA, THE WHOLE REALITY!"

-Iain M. Banks, Use of Weapons

Because Arthur did so great with her country, lol.
    To be fair, she was arguably doing just fine until that whole mess with Guinivere and Lancelot. The Nasu mythos puts so much emphasis on that as the point where everything went to hell in a handbasket (so much so that at least two of the pivotal players involved, Lancelot and Gawain, blame how they handled the stiuation for the downfall of the kingdom rather than bame Arturia).

Quote Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
    Eh, we still don't know the deal with Mordred (my money's on Altria-papa loading those children on a rickety boat, all the way using "I did what I have to do" excuse to make her sleep better at night MWAHAHA)
    You honestly think Takeuchi would let Nasu give his waifu that sort of backstory?

Wanted to do this sheet for awhile now.
    -----------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:

Class: Caster
    True name: Frederica Bernkastel
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Stats:
    Strength: E
    Endurance: E+
    Agility: D
    Magical Power: A+++
    Luck: EX
    Noble Phantasm: B+

Class Skills:

Independent Action: A+ Being a witch, Bernkastel can easily maintain her own body with her own massive mana. Self-reliance has become essential for the witch, but alternative sources may be needed to use the excessive magic needed for her Reality Marble.

Presence Concealment: A+ Bernkastel is able to disconnect herself from the physical realm or make herself invisible to known life-forms. Useful to lure enemy servants and masters into traps without detecting her. She is able to summon familiars and create items, but may not attack while using this ability.

Territory Creation: A Able to create temples and workships based in the image of her preferences, or childhood memories. Bernkastels workshops may resemble western-style tea houses, doll houses or simple Japanese homes similar to ones she lived in while she was mortal. She prefers to set up in rural areas such as forests or small neighborhoods.

Personal Skills:

Eye of the Mind (True): B Bernkastel has sharp intuition and foresight to predict her own fate and the fate of others, and as a result is able to read the enemies movements and see through their attack patterns. This ability was developed after sharp struggles of wit with other witches, particurally the thousand year battle in a game against Lambdadelta.

Librarian of Stored Knowledge: B Bernkastels refined memory has been rendered sharp through a thousand years of memories, recalling and retracing her steps to overcome opponents. She can easily recall knowledge she gained in previous life or through foresight. This strength, however, is also a weakness, as recalling certain memories can hurt Bernkastels will and even decrease her stats temporarily in cases of being reminded of horrible memories of her past.

Magecraft: B Through the powers she gained amongst recognition as a witch, her magical abilities give her unorthodox magical abilities, including the power project demonic blades and manipulate them with her will, and summon and maintain familiars. Some of these familiars may resemble the forms of other servants, masters, or even friends of masters to use as copy puppets and manipulate their will and emotions (these copies she calls "game pieces"). Bernkastel can maintain as many familiars as her magical limitations let her, but they lack special abilities and may be destroyed easily by other servants. Her preferences in familiars include dopplegangers, flesh-eating cats and deadly blue butterflies.

Shapeshifting: A Bernkastel can strategically manipulate her appearance to decieve enemies. Her preferred forms are that of a child which resembles her when she was younger in her days as a young shrine maiden, or a simple black cat (suitable for spying). She may also scatter into a group of blue butterflies, for either protection, presence concealment or spying. Anyone who follows these groups of butterflies is said to be "cursed".

Witchcraft: EX Witchcraft, the foundation of Bernkastels power, is her foundary source of power. Her ability to manipulate fate and the world around her has earned her the respect of the witches around her, who consider her the most terrifying. The witch Bernkastel will use this witchcraft to her greatest advantages, taking whatever procautions neccesary to manipulate, alternate, and curse opponents to her advantage, but much more to her own cruel amusement. Bernkastels witchcraft has the ability to push masters, servants, and even accomplises with the enemy masters to the most cruel fates. Her Luck adds to this ability, enabling her to get herself and others out of many horrible situations with the "magic of miracles", as long as the chance of one is not 0%. Even though she is the most powerful of the known witches, her heart breaks every time she uses her magic. In other words, Bernkastel has the potential to go insane during the duration of the Holy Grain War, and only a capable magus can restore her mind to normal.

Noble Phantasms

Scythe of Miracles (No Miracles, Only Possibility)
    Type: Anti-Thaumaturgy
    A mysterious, large scythe created by the Witch Bernkastel. It is her favoured physical weapon, created for the purpose of not only skewering opponents mercilessly, but also breaking "miracles" apart from reality, shattering their existance and returning the object or person subject to the scythe back to the way it would be in a reality without magic. This Noble Phantasm, while holding any widespread destructive ability, focuses on breaking the "miracle" of magic apart from its target, and an attack from this Noble Phantasm may break apart magically defensive armor, weapons, or if so desired, even destroy a command spell from a masters body.
    Spoiler:

Purgatory (We Are Now Cut From The World That Was)
    Type: ???
    Bernkastels personalised Reality Marble, used during during her past games to manipulate and break enemies' minds in a world seperate from the physical realm. It has earned its name Purgatory in the sense that it is a world completely seperate from the world, where logic and law know no reason and the rules of the universe are bended to Bernkastels will. The Reality Marble, to those caught inside, see it as a closed-in tea house alluminated by blue light, with a throne reserved for the witch. It is in this Reality Marble where Bernkastel can get the enemy alone and create her own laws for the universe, and in this fashion she can manipulate and torture the enemy in any way she wishes (Be it physically or mentally). Due to the emmence mana needed to maintain this Reality Marble, it cannot last for very long with Bernkastels will alone, and will be broken if Bernkastel loses concentration or is attacked directly.
    Spoiler:

Personality: Despite her cute and emotionless appearance, she can be extremely cruel and playfully sadistic. Being a witch, she is easily bored, and is willing to torture and kill other living things without regret for her own amusement. Due to her twisted personality, her primary source of amusement comes from the pain and misfortune of others. Her personality is not entirely sadistic, however, as she enjoys humanly pleasures as well, such as alcohol, quiet time, tea and spicy foods. Even in spite of her sadistic nature, she has a fondness (and admiration) toward humans for their abilities to resist the inevitable and fight on, and appreciates the will of wise humans while shunning the ignorant. True to her Independent Action skill, if she finds her master overly idiotic or boring, she will not hesitate to kill them or turn them into a mindpuppet/familiar and carry out the rest of the duration of the war on her own. As a result of her past experiences from being endlessly tortured by Lambdadelta, she is greatly sympathetic (and even empathetic) to humans who, like her in the past, have been trapped in a cruel fate, and may even help these individuals for a time. Her preferred master is someone like this, or with a similar personality to hers. She has no real purpose to obtain the Holy Grail, and considers the War just another "game" for her to participate in and escape from boredom. Should she discover the true nature of the Holy Grail, she would seek to destroy it in order to protect the world from a cruel fate

Blog Entries
    Been updating my original Berserker profiles to meet my now raised standards, planning to do the same with my Assassin profiles.

Hay, been lurking here for a while and ended up writing something like this. I kind of got inspired after reading wikipedia page about this dude and then went to read whole story, and though "this could be a interesting guy with a little bit fixing and detailing." While I am not the most greatest experts of nasuverse, I know the basics and tried to adjust this character to its rules. I was kind of worried it would end up too-overpowered or too-underpowered, but I think I managed to get a nice balance :3.
    Kullervo

“We arise as vengeance of Kullervo
    so sweet are the fates of war to undergo”
    from Jäger March

@ManofSteal13 newgrounds

Class: Berserker (or Caster)
    Identity: Kullervo
    Alignment: Lawful Evil

Parameters:
    Strength: B (+A)
    Endurance: C (B)
    Agility: D (C)
    Mana: C (B)
    Luck: -E (EX)
    Noble Phantasm: B

Profile:

Appearance: Kullervo was noted to been a beautiful man with sharp facial features and golden hair, but physical abuse, scars from the fights and agonizing experiences have left him with a rough figure and goary hair. He wears same battered, worn leather amor he had during his war against Untamo, and there's clear notable hole at the place where he pierced himself with a blade. His once beautiful face wears now grotesque grimace. Unlike most Heroic Spiris who take same appearance they had in their primes, Kullervo's doesn't: because he is remembered mostly as a misfortunate, pained figure, the form he had during his last moments is deemed most appropriate.

Personality: For Kullervo losing of sanity through Mad Enhancement is a blessing, as his mind has already crossed the line and broken. However, at the end of his live Kullervo gave his life to Ukko’s sword, which manifests as his first Noble Phantasm, controlling his body and mind. As a weapon it lacks any kind of human morals and reasoning, caring only about next fight to be fought and living being to kill. This doesn’t mean it can’t be communicated with: equal understanding can be achieved between it and Master providing prana, making realize that ending life of his Master would also mean its own demise.

Background: A cursed figure, whose whole life was filled with misery and pain. While blessed with appearance beautiful as any woman, strength to rival most powerful warriors and talent to become one of the greatest wizards, all of this potential was wasted because of abuse and ill-treatment which reduced him to a broken man.
    Kullervo was born to be a slave for an enemy tribe, which had annihilated his whole clan and taken his mother in as a prize. He grew up enduring constant humiliation, which shaped him a vengeful, quick-tempered person with an easily wounded pride. When he finally escaped and met his family, he brought his cursed fate along with him and indirectly caused their deaths. After slaughtering his enemies and seeing all his loved ones dead with them, he broke and committed a suicide.
    When summoned and given second change to remedy himself, his wish is obvious: to modify history, stop Untamo's attack and save his clan, so that he could grow up to become hero he was meant to be.

Kullervo rivaled in the raw magical power with those likes of the old sage Väinämöinen and the witch Louhi, and during his legend uses spells and curses many times. This makes it possible for him to be summoned as a Caster, but as he lacked proper training and didn’t have time to truly develop his talents, he would be quite weak. His inpatient and impulsive behavior also makes him very unsuited to role which requires deep thinking and strategizing.

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement (B)
    Raises basic parameters in exchange for hindering mental capacities. In some cases, also seals away Personal Skills.

Personal Skills:

Instinct (C)
    The power to "feel" the most favorable developments for oneself during battle.

Natural Body (C)
    The possession of a perfect body as a living being from birth.

Mental Pollution (A)
    Mental Pollution makes it highly possible to shut out any mental interference Thaumaturgy, due possessing a distorted mentality. However, at the same time it becomes impossible to come to an understanding with individuals that do not possess an equivalent rank of mental pollution.

Prana Burst - Lightning (C)
    This is a version of Prana Burst that impregnates weapons with prana that imparts a lightning effect.

Noble Phantasms:

Name: Ukko’s sword
    Type: Anti-Unit
    It’s unknown if Ukko’s sword was sentient from the start, but during Kullervo’s last moments it certainly was self-conscious enough to be capable of communication. As a weapon it’s “only made to kill” and thus it doesn’t care anything but fighting and spilling blood of living. It manifests as a Noble Phantasm which takes over Kullervo’s mind during battles, controlling and strategizing his movements: it could be said that despite Kullervo’s state as a Berserker he still has “intelligence”. This also makes it hard if not impossible to manipulate Kullervo’s mind through magic, as it already is under influence of the sword.

Name: Cursed to Live
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Untamo grew fearful of Kullervo, who he though would destroy him and his clan in the future, and decided to kill him while he was still a helpless infant. Untamo ordered his men to burn, drown and crucify him, but every time he survived through something what was undeniable a “miracle”. It was like some divine powers or the world itself was on Kullervo’s side, and Untamo came to conclusion that he was indeed immortal.

When summoned, this ability manifests as his main Noble Phantasm: it forcibly raises his Luck stats to max, making it so that he survives miraculously even from the seemingly most impossible situations. When faced with the enemy’s sure-to-kill-kind-of-attack, they would fail or miss: when targeted by a large-scale magical burst, he would have a right specific defense prepared. This ability could be compared to the “plot-armor” that Main Characters of the stories have: even though it shouldn’t be possible, Kullervo survives, like the logic of the world is re-written just for his sake.
    Untamo was wrong when he though Kullervo was immortal, however: at the end of his most unlucky life he died by his own hand. This means he’s also completely killable when facing enemy Servants: while difficult to accomplish because his first Noble Phantasm, he just have to be forced to a situation which makes it completely impossible to escape or defend. This would be for an example a Reality Marble or similar enclosed space, where Kullervo’s ability cannot manifest properly. Also those with high Luck stats (from B to up) can “overcome” Kullervo’s luck given the circumstances and get a fatal strike in.

Legend
    Kullervo, son of Evil

Kullervo’s father was Kalervo, who had once leaded one of the greatest clan in Karelia alongside his two brothers. However, bitter arguments and struggle over leadership broke the clan, and brothers took their own followers and scattered to different directions. While third brother and his host left to the south, Kalervo and his other brother Untamo made their homes close to each other, as both were unwilling to leave safe, fertile grounds. This meant that both clans were in constant rivalry over the food sources, and there was ongoing danger of bloodshed.
    When some of Kalervo’s men stole food from Untamo, he had finally enough and decided to slay his brother and annihilate his whole opposing clan. Untamo made his preparations in silence, and when he attacked he took Kalervo by a total surprise: he managed to destroy most of his brothers’ clan, and only Kalervo himself alongside his son and daughters and some lucky ones managed to escape. Kalervo’s pregnant wife (named Untamala), however, was captured, and Untamo decided to keep her as his prize.

Untamala gave birth to Kullervo, who, like his mother, became possession of his uncle. It became quickly clear that he was special: Kullervo was said to be blessed by the gods, having born with more magical potential than anyone else, and people predicted he would become one of the greatest heroes ever been. Untamo saw this potential and intended to raise him himself, but then overheard this infant, only three months old, cursing him as his first words. Untamo grew fearful, and ordered his men to kill infant: however, every time they tried something Kullervo’s latent magical abilities saved him.
    It became clear that he couldn’t kill Kullervo, but that didn’t stop him trying. Kullervo grew up suffering from constant physical abuse and humiliation: but when he got older his abilities started to rapidly strengthen. As a young boy he started to take out of his repressed anger every given chance – when ordered to look after child he tortured it to dead, and when given task to cut the woods he used magic to burn the whole forest. Untamo was shocked and saw now that Kullervo was becoming too strong, too unpredictable and most importantly, too resentful. As he couldn’t be killed or tamed to submission, Untamo resolved problem by selling him to a rich land-owner, out of sight.
    His mother gave Kullervo their family’s old heirloom knife as a parting gift, and Kullervo relieved his bitterness by vowing vengeance to it. He was made to work as a shepherd, but his master's cruel wife, who found joy in humiliating Kullervo, noticed his attachment to his knife and tricked him to accidentally break it. Kullervo finally snapped after seeing his only remaining link to his past in pieces, and unleashed his magic to take control of wild beasts and made them eat his master's wife, ignoring her pleas of mercy. After the deed Kullervo escaped.

Kullervo was thinking of satisfying his anger by slaying Untamo, but then he heard rumor that his family was alive – including his mother, who had escaped recently. He travelled to the dangerous northlands, where he found remaining survivors of his clan. There Kullervo was reunited with his family he had never seen before, and thanks to his loving mother he was accepted as part of it. He learnt that including his father, mother, brother and sister he had yet another younger sister, who had disappeared some time earlier – probably ran away, as his sister’s relationship with their father had been a bad one.
    Kullervo tried to settle down to live a normal life, but as he was proud, inpatient and quick-tempered, he was unsuited almost every kind of work. Finally Kullervo’s father Kalervo send him to pay yearly tribute to a local clan, and after doing his task and walking back to home, he encountered a beautiful, young beggar girl, whom Kullervo was immediately attracted. He managed to seduce her using his good looks and demonstrating his magical abilities, and during their night of passion two fell in love. When morning came they started to talk about their clans: only to discover that Kullervo had just taken his sister’s virginity. His sister, who had run away from the home, went insane and drowned herself instead of continuing to live in shame.
    Kullervo came back to home devastated, and in the desperation tried to think impossible enemies he could go to face and at least meet his end in a heroic way. However, at the end of this self-hating though-process, he once again found his resentment, remembering all the humiliation he faced in the hands of Untamo. This deep, blind anger became his salvation, and ignoring his mother’s pleas he gathered all young men of his tribe, giving them passionate speech about war and revenge, and took them to war against Untamo. Not agreeing with his actions, Kalervo and rest of Kullervo’s family – excluding his loving mother Untamala – severed their ties to him, but Kullervo didn’t any longer care.

Kullervo pleaded help from the supreme god Ukko himself, who answered by bestowing his own enchanted sword to Kullervo’s hands. Now he marched forward with his host, but soon after messengers came from his home telling news how his family members were killed one after another by curses and bad luck, but Kullervo refused to turn back, even after hearing about dead of his dear mother. He invaded and destroyed every village of Untamo’s tribe he came across, and in this berserk-kind-of-rage Kullervo slayed all men, women and children, and after taking everything important to him, finally Untamo himself.
    After blood had been spilled and both Kalervo’s and Untamo’s tribes extinguished, Kullervo traveled alone back to his home, finding it destroyed and his family butchered. Half way to insanity he started to hear hallucinations, his mother’s voice telling him to follow it deep to the forest, promising warmth and shelter, only to take him to same spot where his sister drowned herself. Kullervo finally broke, raised Ukko’s sword and asked it:

“"Tell me, O my blade of honor,
    Dost thou wish to drink my life-blood,
    Drink the blood of Kullerwoinen?"

And from the sword echoed the answer;

“Why should I not drink thy life-blood,
    Blood of guilty Kullerwoinen,
    Since I feast upon the worthy,
    Drink the life-blood of the righteous?”

After hearing those words Kullervo gave up his life and threw oneself on the blade.

Notes:
    I tried to make Servant hard-to-kill with many resistance and defensive abilities, but in turn didn't give any Noble Phantasm to attack (I though about giving Ukko's sword ability to shoot lighting-bolts [because Ukko as a god is associated with that kind of stuff] but didn't because it was 1) boring and stupid 2) not berserker-like). Basically while this guy is difficult opponent to deal with, it kinda lacks in offensive abilities, having only the most basic, normal attacks to rely on.
    Also, while I didn't really change Kullervo's story, I did do some little explaining here and there, as in the original there were many plot-holes needed to be filled. Things like Kullervo's family situation are so confusing and inconsistent that I mostly just guessed how it did went (some versions say that Kullervo's mother was Kalervo's daughter, but it also says clearly in another part that Kalervo is Kullervo's dad... incest is strong in this family :O). Though I read that English translation of Kalevala sucks as Finnish isn't easiest language to translate from.

EDIT: I decided to remove Magic Resistance and give Prana Burst - Lightning instead. Ukko is associated with lightning and stuff, so maybe it works out (Karna seems to have flames version at least). This way Kullervo has little bit more change in fight - maybe actually defeating enemy - but doesn't radically change concept of guy. Hopefully.

EDIT2: Added something about appearance and did some typo-fixing.
    EDIT3: Fixiiiing + random image which represents my view somehow (he should have softer features though) and adding blingbling here and there.
    Last edited by Malornarys; January 29th, 2013 at 08:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    @ Bernkastel: Um, the fictional Servants go that way.

@ Kullervo: Cue Shirou stating the obvious again. Pretty solid sheet i guess, but Magic Resistance (if any), falls in Personal Skills (like Iskander's Independent Action).
    Last edited by Gunbazca; January 27th, 2013 at 12:18 AM.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

@ Malornarys - Welcome to Beast's Lair, please leave your sanity (if you have any) at the door! I do believe Kullervo has been done before but this is a very interesting take on him. I like how the Master is essentially forced to reason and argue with the sword rather than Kullervo himself! Makes for some interesting scenes in my mind. All in all, I'd say you did a very good job for your first try. He's actually pretty balanced.

HA late submission for Theosis Episode.

Odysseus

Class: (False) Berserker
    Alternate Classes: Rider, Archer, Assassin
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Legend:
    You should know this. In case you don't, here's a brief summary. (classical myth is tangled, so this is only an overview (also I don't want to get spinecrushed by Seika)

Odysseus is king of Ithaca, a Greek island. He's got a wife, Penelope, and a one-year-old son named Telemachus, and life is good. Then he receives a prophecy that if he goes to war, he will not return for twenty years. He feigns insanity so that he won't have to go to war; Palamedes reveals that he's faking and drags him along to the Trojan War (which could be seen as his fault; the oath to protect Helen was his idea).

He reveals Achilles, is bros with Diomedes (except for the part where he possibly tried to kill him), kills Palamedes, and does a bunch of other stuff, including stealing the Palladium and ending the war by means of the Trojan Horse, then spends ten more years trying to get himself home.

Personality
    The cunning and wily king of Ithaca. Odysseus is charismatic, arrogant, and ruthless when he feels that these traits are nessecary, but he really just wants to go home, to Penelope and Telemachus.

Equipment:
    Odysseus carries the mystical herb Moly, which shields him from the effects of forced shape-changing and witchcraft, a dagger, and a bow that only he can string. The bow's Noble Phantasm technique, Perfect Shot ~ Proof of Identity, is sealed due to his class.

Statistics:

Strength: B
    Endurance: B (A)
    Agility: C (B)
    Luck: E (B)
    Magical Energy: D

Noble Phantasm: ???

Class Skills:

* Mad Enhancement
    The exchange of SAN for other statistical bonuses.

<--> False Berserker is not actually insane. He is, however, capable of feigning convincing madness. The Grail has placed him into the False Berserker class. For all intents and purposes, (excepting his lack of Mad Enhancement), he is considered a Berserker. As such, his other Class Skills, as well as certain Noble Phantasms, are sealed. Since he is only pretending to be insane, all his Personal Skills are available, although he uses them sparingly to avoid detection of their use, and thus, his deception.

Personal Skills

* Eye of the Mind (True)
    Heightened insight that was refined through experience.

<B> Capable of calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and deduce an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.

* Favor of Athena

The blessing of Athena, Goddess of skill, strategy, and warfare.

<n/a> Odysseus was one of Athene's favored mortals. She guided him through the Trojan War, and through the decade-long voyage through the Mediterranean, back to Ithaca, where she disguised him as an old man to allow him to infiltrate his former holdings. Athena will rarely if ever outright take direct action, instead providing Odysseus with materials, abilities, or ideas and leaving their use to him. She may provide skills such as Persuasive Speech, Voyager of the Storm, Presence Concealment, Mystic Eyes of Charm, Charisma or Military Tactics to Odysseus, although she refuses to give certain skills, (Instinct, Eye of the Mind, Mental Pollution), due to the fact that Odysseus's cunning is what earned him her favor; changing it would change him. If Odysseus relied on her blessings, she would not give them, since his mind is what makes him worthy of them. In addition, Odysseus's luck stat is raised while he is solving a problem.

Should Odysseus somehow lose the favor of the goddess, this skill will cease its effects.

* Guise of Madness
    The false appearance of insanity.

<n/a> All physical observation of Berserker is unaltered, but the minds of others perceive him through a lens of "Berserker is clearly insane". This effect is not actualized through mental interference, but by the insertion of the concept of "Berserker is clearly insane" into the minds of all who perceive him, and, as such, is unaffected by skills such as Magic Resistance.

Even his Master may be fooled, although, if they have done their research, they will suspect that Odysseus is merely faking insanity.

However, this skill can be countered. The Servant himself may voluntarily remove its effects from a target (If he does not think his Master capable, Odysseus will not, unless his Master threatens/activates a Command Spell), Eye of the Mind reveals Berserker as only feigning madness, and those with Mental Pollution have a low chance of seeing through this false mask, although the nature of Mental Pollution makes explaining this insight nearly impossible.

* Plaything of the Gods
    The representation of divine wills controlling this Servant unwillingly in their legend. If a god blesses this Servant, the blessing also raises two non-Luck stats.

<n/a> For the duration of an open conflict with any Servant, Noble Phantasm, or Phantasmal Beast possessing the Divine attribute, luck is lowered to rank E-. Due to Favor of Athena, ranks up to Endurance and Agility are given. By an incredible coincidence, (or perhaps Divine favor?), these ranks up are exactly the ones perceived by others as the bonuses given by Mad Enhancement.

* Eye of the Mind (True)
    Heightened insight that was refined through experience.

B: Capable of calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and deduce an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.

Noble Phantasm

Trojan Horse ~ Deception conquered what War could not
    (Sealed- Assassin)

Perfect Shot ~ Proof of Identity
    (Sealed- Archer)

Odyssey ~ Tale of the Ten Year Voyage
    (Sealed- Rider)

Aeolus's Gift ~ Bag of Winds
    Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm

A leather bag, tied so tightly shut that no air can escape, although it occasionally moves. The North, South, and East winds whisper within it, promising great rewards and waiting to be set free. Their whispers manifest as a compulsion to open the bag, although this can be resisted through Magic Resistance.

When the bag is partially opened, a powerful stream of wind flies out. This wind happens to have a particular affinity for affecting vehicles, and any vehicle the bag is attached to moves at a far higher speed in exchange for a near-complete loss of control. If combined with Misguided Plowshare, Odysseus retains full control, although he will appear to be moving randomly.

Once the bag is fully opened, the opener (and their vehicle) is blown to a pseudo-random (areas designated as the target's home may not be arrived at) non-west location within the boundary of the Grail War. Odysseus may use this Noble Phantasm as an escape tactic, if he doesn't trick his enemies into opening it.

Misguided Plowshare ~ Refusal to go to war

Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm

A bull and a donkey (or an ox and a horse) harnessed to a plowshare. They move at a deceptively quick pace, and their path is near-impossible to predict. The thought that "Berserker must be insane" is reinserted into the minds of those observing.

This Noble Phantasm refuses to crush Telemachus, although his appearance in the same Grail War as Odysseus would be quite the coincedence.

Notes:
    Thanks to Arch-Magos Winter for the idea of a false Berserker Odysseus.

@ food (directly below me) I don't know what I was thinking either. Class Skills have been altered.
    Last edited by Asdfghl; February 1st, 2013 at 06:09 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The Class Skills make no sense, even with your explanation.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blackdeath6031's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I know its a shit first servant, don't mind me.

Sutoku-Tenno
    Caster
    Myth: Succeeding his father at the age of five in the year 1123, Prince Akihito was the 75th Emperor of the Yamato kingdom. At this young age, Fujiwara no Tadamichi was appointed his regent. Following a sacred vow he swore on with six other family members including Emperor Shirakawa and his mother Taikenmon’in, he founded a Buddhist monastery named “Joushou-ji”, or “Superiority in Becoming” in 1139 CE, one of the “Six Victorious Temples”.
    Besides that, perhaps his most notable action was the appointment of Fujuwara no Akisuke to compile the Waka imperial anthology, “Shika Wakashuu”, composing of then volumes with a total of 411 poems.

That was a normal life, indeed, ending his reign in 1142. However, Sutoku grew powerhungry and like his predecessor the Emperor Toba, he wished to hold some form of power as a puppeteer of his successor Emperor Konoe.
    But when Konoe died in the 14th year of his reign, the power stances of the Fujiwara, Minamoto and Taira clans shifted, causing the Hougen Rebellion. Sutoku expected his son to be ascended to the Chrysanthemum throne, but instead, Go-Shirakawa was pushed forward as the emperor. In his frustrations, Sutoku failed to resolve the rebellion, and was subsequently exiled in the Sanuki Province.

There, Sutoku devoted himself to a monk’s life. Writing and copying numerous Buddhist scripturess, he offered them to the court. The court however, fearing that Sutoku was attempting to exact vengeance for his exile, refused to accept them. Filled with hate for the court, Sutoku soon died from illness, and his spirit transformed into a Daitengu and caused many disasters among the land to this day. Together with Tamamo-no-Mae and Shiten-hoji, he is known as being the Three Greatest Yokai of Japan (though this occasionally includes the old thief who leads a parade of Yokai, Nurarihyon as a fourth member).

Those who did not see him believed Sutoku to have become an Onryou, or vengeful ghost, and the subsequent fall in fortune of the Imperial Court, the rise of Samurai powers and various draughts and internal unrest to be his doing.

Name: Sutoku-Tenno
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Stats:
    STR: C (E)
    AGI: C (E)
    PRA: A (C)
    LCK: D (N/A)
    END: C (E)

Name: Daitengu
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Stats:
    STR: A+++
    AGI: EX
    PRA: C
    LCK: C
    END: A

Class Skills:
    Territory Creation: D
    In order to counteract his exile, Sutoku is able to set up a bounded field around an area, to a maximum of about five hectares, counting it as his abode in the Sanuki province. Whilst in this area, the skill ‘Exile’ holds no effect.
    Item Creation: C
    Not truly the ability to create, but rather the capability to transcribe from memory Buddhist texts. These texts hold low level power in exorcism and defensive magecraft.

Personal Skills:
    Exile: B
    The occurrence of the Emperor’s exile from the Capital, manifested as a curse. So long as Sutoku is on Japanese soil, if that land is not part of the Shikoku island, he suffers two ranks down in his stats and Item Creation.
    Instinct: B
    Active only in Tengu form. Not truly instinct bred from being a warrior, but keen animal senses which allow one to hear the sounds of muscles moving.
    Great Yokai (Hate): ???
    Active in Tengu form only. As one of the three greatest yokai in Japan, Sutoku gains an increase in his power in proportion to the level of misfortune and bad luck in the area he is in.
    Onryou: B
    Whilst in Tengu form, Sutoku has the ability to shapeshift into ethereal form, an in-between between his corporeal and spirit forms for a maximum of three turns. In this form, he cannot be attacked, nor can he be dealt physical damage, but successfully attacking someone would cause the victim’s prana to be drained. In addition, those within one kilometre of Sutoku suffers from bad luck and stress.

Noble Phantasm:
    Daitengu – Crow of Vengeance
    Type: Support Rank: B Maximum Targets: Self
    Upon death as a human, or through the use of Joshijou, Sutoku may transform into a crow warrior of disaster and war, his true form, thereby forcing a change in his skill set and stats against the system. Whilst in this form, Sutoku is incapable of using magecraft, but instead gains flight capability and skills in Japanese sword combat.

Joshijou – Temple of Superiority of Becoming
    Type: Support Rank: C Range: 1-20
    The summoning of one of the monasteries of six vows, founded by Sutoku, a bounded field that gives the same benefit as a territory creation of proficiency A. Whilst in this monastery, Sutoku is capable of freely transforming between his human and Tengu forms without additional cost, and does not cancel upon leaving the premises. However, the transformation to his Tengu form lasts for a maximum of half a day, and will require Sutoku to rest and recover for the another half.

Shika Wakashuu – Collection of Spoken Flowers
    Type: Support Rank: C Range: 0
    Available in human form only. A mystic code in the form of a book which contains 441 mantras and poems, each capable of being torn out and used as a disposable spell charm. They hold varied though occasionally similar spells, and do not require prana to cast the spells. A single page can be summoned instead of the book, allowing for a quicker response time.
    After unsummoning the book, however, prana is drained in proportion to the number of pages that require replacement. If only one page is summoned, the prana depletion is immediate.
    Last edited by Blackdeath6031; October 26th, 2014 at 11:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    Repost for edits and rebalancing.
    ===============

Gatotkaca
    "Should I die on the battlefield, I shall take with me as many opposing soldiers as I can."

Image (c) metalheadkomik @ deviantart

Son of Bima, Prince of Pringgadani, and arguably the second greatest warrior among the Indraprasta army.
    Even at birth, his great destiny can already be seen. Gatotkaca's umbilical cord can't be severed, even with the use of his father's and uncles' astras. Khrishna then suggested to use the greatest astra of them all, the mighty short-spear Kuntavijaya. Arjuna was sent for the task of borrowing the weapon, but unfortunately he was a bit late and Indra has given the weapon to Karna. Arjuna then appealed to Karna to borrow the weapon, but the two could not settle to an agreement and the argument became a battle. Karna was victorious, but Arjuna made off with the sheath of Kuntavijaya. The sheath cuts Gatotkaca's umbilical cord successfully, but it was absorbed into the baby's body. The journey of Gatotkaca has just begun...

Possible Class: Berserker, Caster[1]
    Master: ???

Parameters:
    * Alignment: Lawful Good
    * Noble Phantasm: B
    * Strength: A
    * Endurance: A+
    * Agility: B+
    * Mana: D
    * Luck: D

Class Skills:
    * Mad Enhancement C
    (Berserker-specific class skill)
    This skill raises basic parameters in exchange of hindering mental capacities. In some cases, it also seals away Personal Skills. At this rank, Gatotkaca gains a rank-up for all parameters except Luck and Mana, but in exchange he can no longer think and speak properly.

Personal skills:
    * Divinity C+
    This skill is the measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster, Demonic Beast raises. It can also decrease due one's dislike for the gods. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith. Gatotkaca is the son of Bima (who is half-divine) and Arimbi (who is a full-blooded Ashura/Giant); his base rank is quite low, but it improves due to his loyalty to Dharma and piety. At night, this skill is further boosted, making the implacable man even more implacable.

* Battle Continuation C
    This skill represents the strength of vitality for predicaments; Also, the ability to withdraw from combat and reach allied territory alive after being defeated. At this rank, Gatotkaca can still sustain full damage output even when badly injured. Retreat to friendly territory is also possible as long as Gatotkaca is not incapacitated or prevented from reverting to astral form.

* Instinct B
    This skill represents the power to "feel" the most favorable developments for oneself during battle. At this rank, Gatotkaca can fight effectively even in a battle with multiple opponents, as well as intuit the safest path in confusion or duress.

Noble Phantasms:
    * Antakusuma, Basunanda, & Padakacarma [Gifts to the Newborn Warrior]
    Support

A set of armor gifted by the gods for baby Gatotkaca's (known as Tetuka at this point of his life) deed in killing a Giant who has been terrorizing Nirvana. Antakusuma is a mighty armor capable of withstanding many types of weapons; Basunanda is a hat who increases its wearer's resistance to the elements and magecraft; and Padakacarma is a pair of shoes that can enable its wearer to run as swift as the wind, or even fly. This set of Noble Phantasm is always active, constantly runs on his Master's prana and cannot be deactivated, but they are stronger at night. At night, it gives another boost in END and AGI to Gatotkaca (reflected in above stats) at the cost of even more prana consumption.

* Kunta Miyana [The Humble Sheath to The Mighty Weapon]
    Support

The unassuming, sparsely-decorated sheath of Vasavi Shakti/Kuntavijaya, the mightiest weapon in the universe. Because Vasavi Shakti/Kuntavijaya is so strong, it unravels reality around it; this sheath is created to counter that effect and enforce reality around it. Without it, Vasavi Shakti/Kuntavijaya must be stored outside reality, reflecting the sacrifice of Karna's Kavacha & Kundala to retrieve it. This Noble Phantasm grants Gatotkaca a semblance of immunity to magic (equivalent to Magic Resistance D) at the cost of prana, and due to this being implanted to him it also strengthens at night (upping the rank by one '+' modifier) at the cost of more prana consumption.
    It also adds a fatal flaw to Gatotkaca; Normally, Vasavi Shakti/Kuntavijaya will strike its intended target without fail. However, if Gatotkaca is present in the same plane of reality with Vasavi Shakti, Vasavi Shakti/Kuntavijaya will actively seek him instead of any intended target. This 'curse' still affects Gatotkaca even when he is astralized.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

@ Gunbazca: Noted and fixed, much appreciated.

@ G-Man: Thanks, I try to do just that. Nice to know that I got abilities about right - I had hard time thinking how to get that golden line without too much sugar but same time not too little. Didn't know someone had already written about this, I guess I search for it to compare.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbazca View Post
    @ Bernkastel: Um, the fictional Servants go that way.
    Fictional Servants are just fine here, nobody cares. There's plenty of them in this topic already, and the fanfiction forum is horrible.