Page 375 of 782 FirstFirst ... 275325365370373374375376377380385425475 ... LastLast
Results 7,481 to 7,500 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you put all your effort into something and lose, you are just a loser. If you can win but lose, you were merely unlucky or unpolished. I prefer the latter.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    If your team falls apart by itself, it's not something you should be proud of.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    If you put all your effort into something and lose, you are just a loser. If you can win but lose, you were merely unlucky or unpolished. I prefer the latter.
    Ehh, I dunno. Effort has its own value, I don't think it's right to just deem people who try hard but don't manage to achieve what they sought as losers. :P

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Blog Entries
    But if I had acted differently it may not have collapsed. I was merely unprepared, there was still a chance I could've won.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Oooh, theorycrafting. I always like this sort of thing~

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    I don't really know where to discuss about this, I figure this would be the most appropriate place...

So, while I was wondering why anyone would summon Frankenmoe (or Shakespeare) as their servant, I wondered... who would you, fellow BLers, summon?

1) Which servant (out of all seven classes) would you summon (and possibly why), with the conditions that a) it must not have appeared before (meaning no Arturia, Sigurd etc.) and b) you have to "seriously" consider a candidate that could win the HGW and c) no google or wikipedia, going by memory alone.
    I would probably just summon someone without a catalyst and go for personality compatibility. If we're assuming you can get anyone then I'm optimistic I'll get a strong Servant I can also work extremely well with, rather than some powerful Servant who is indifferent to me or outright loathes me because I'm a computer-loving weeb who knows naught of combat or magic.

2) If you were Darnic, which heroic spirits would constitute your Faction? And why would you choose them (to work in a group)?
    If I'm badguy Darnic and I'm doing this for purposes of most assured victory rather than an interesting story, then the five Pandeva brothers plus a loyal Hassan and probably... Hermes Trismegistus as Caster, assuming he's not too Divine to be summoned. Reasons? Loyal Hassan go kill Masters good and can be good sneaky. Trismegistus probably total baller alchemist who can do amazing things like improving weapons or protective gear for me and other Servants to nigh-NP or possibly even nigh-Magic levels.

Archer Arjuna because Arjuna. Lancer Yudhisthira as he was the best with spears. Berserker Bhima as he was the strongest and most easily placed into a rage, so he is probably the only one who qualifies here. Saber Sahadeva because he was sent to conquer the Southerners due to his great skill with swords. Rider Nakula because although he was as good with a sword as his twin Sahadeva he was also noted to be a master at raising and riding horses and aside from Vimana could probably also use the 10,000 camels he needed to bring all the treasure from his conquests back home as a Rider-style NP.

The brothers all work together devestatingly well. With Trismegistus backing them up and a loyal Hassan doing what needs to be done it'd be a pretty damned tough team.

Blog Entries
    So what you're saying is that you'd rather have a team of Servants that are almost assured to win in sheer power, but might not necessarily work well together and run the risk of something tearing the group apart?

Edit: in response to Blackfield
    Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; August 25th, 2013 at 11:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    So what you're saying is that you'd rather have a team of Servants that are almost assured to win in sheer power, but might not necessarily work well together and run the risk of something tearing the group apart?
    Something like that. Also, I imagine they'd be heaps of fun to be around. Apart from Lancelot but Berserker gonna berserk.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Eh, I'm not that far into the Mahabharata yet, but until now nothing happened that could hinder the Pandava's teamwork.

If I'm badguy Darnic and I'm doing this for purposes of most assured victory rather than an interesting story
    You're not necessary the "bad guy" (or the "big bad"), just think of yourself as the leader of your faction, but yes, with the intention of winning.
    Last edited by Sherrinford; August 25th, 2013 at 11:51 AM.

Blog Entries
    Eh, I'm not that far into the Mahabharata yet, but until now nothing happened that could hinder the Pandava's teamwork.
    My point exactly. And we all know that Karna is fated to lose to Arjuna, so it's good for me to have him there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    Something like that. Also, I imagine they'd be heaps of fun to be around. Apart from Lancelot but Berserker gonna berserk.
    Well, I guess that makes sense.

Hey, it can't go worse than summoning the Round Table!

英霊 Heroic Spirit
    For me it would be Saber Oda Nobunaga.

Saber- Oda Nobunaga (Consistency!)
    Lancer- Longinus (Armor-piercing anti-god spear)
    Archer-Heracles (yup)
    Rider- ??? (any suggestions?)
    Caster-Merlin (Troll everyone!)
    Assassin- Sasaki Kojirou (Bodyguard)
    Berserker- Thor
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    "Gilgamesh is always right, even when he's wrong."

Blog Entries
    VIRIATUS

Classes: Archer, Saber
    Alignment: Neutral Good

Parameters

(Archer)

Strength: D
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B
    Mana: D
    Luck: B

(Saber)

Strength: C
    Endurance: B
    Agility: B
    Mana: D
    Luck: B

Noble Phantasm: C

Class Skills

(Archer)

Independent Action B
    The ability to act independently even when rejecting the prana supply from the Master. At this rank, largely allows the Servant to act in autonomy from the Master, and the Servant can remain in the world for two days without an established contract. Also makes him capable of living on for a short period of time following extensive damage to his spiritual core.

Magic Resistance E
    This skill represents one's protection against magical effects. An ability given to him solely due to the Archer class container. At this rank it cannot cancel spells but it can reduce magic damage somewhat.

(Saber)

Magic Resistance C
    This skill represents one's protection against magical effects. At this rank, spells with a chant below two verses are canceled, but it cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals. Since Viriatus never faced users of magecraft, nor does he have inherent Magic Resistance, he sports a low level uncharacteristic of the Saber Class.

Riding B
    The expertise to ride animals and vehicles. At this rank, most vehicles can be handled with above average skill, but one cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races like Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills

Charisma B
    Represents the natural talent to command others and inspire morale. At rank B, it is suitable for the King of a country, having lead the Lusitanian tribes that resisted against Rome with the prowess of a warrior king.

Disengage B
    The ability to break away from combat. At this rank, not only does it have the bonus effect of returning battle conditions to what they were at the beginning of the match, the Servant can also retreat from battle even under imminent attack.

Military Tactics B
    A skill that gauges tactical knowledge for battles involving large numbers of combatants. Improves the effectiveness of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm with bonus modifiers, or when dealing with an opponent's Anti-Army Noble Phantasm. Viriatus used guerrilla tactics, ambushes and ruses to outmaneuver and defeat the roman armies on many occasions, proving himself a prodigious commander.

Noble Phantasm

Battle Of Fake Retreat - Paradigm Of The War Of Fire

Type: Anti-Army, Anti-Unit

A Noble Phantasm representing Viriathus's first and most famous victory against the roman armies through the employment of his "fake retreat" strategy, which earned him his position as the commander of the Lusitanian armies. As such, it also symbolizes the sum of the guerilla tactics employed by him in what would come to be known as "The War Of Fire".

A conceptual ability that allows him to overturn battles and outmaneuver any number of people from a single person to a small army.

At any time he is able to use Disengage to exit battle, if he chooses to do so then once the enemy has recognized his retreat, he may activate this ability and make it possible to instantly re-enter battle without any cost. He can deal one free attack that his opponent will not be able to predict beforehand.

If the Noble Phantasm is kept active after the initial use, so long as he employs hit-and-run attacks, Viriathus's enemy will not be able to outpace him, becoming incapable of keeping up and react by counter-attacking, regardless of how quick they might actually be.

Although the Noble Phantasm ensures that Viriathus will "always outpace and outmaneuver his opponent" while it is active and he is using hit and run, this does not make it absolutely impossible for the enemy to strike him. If the enemy is faster than him to begin with or is closing in to attack, his own swiftness will be increased and if necessary, space itself will warp to enable Viriathus's impossible movements from one place and angle of attack to another. In melee range, this effect is obviously more pronounced, and expends prana at a higher rate.

Although this Noble Phantasm is an incredibly efficient battlefield control tool, it is weaker and more fallible in melee, actually being much more effective when combined with ranged attacks. As such, it is more suited for Viriathus under the Archer class as opposed to Saber.
    Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; August 25th, 2013 at 09:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    Nicely done, YOLF! His Noble Phantasm is especially interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Nicely done, YOLF! His Noble Phantasm is especially interesting.
    Thanks~

Blog Entries
    Did I just see someone write a below average heroic spirit? Now that is cool. Good work YOLF.

Blog Entries
    Low-tier Servants a shit. But also the most fun to write as they usually require you to get very creative to make them interesting and viable. I like this one YOLF, kinda reminds me of how the Mongols used to use false retreat to score major victories as well.

Blog Entries
    I don't really know where to discuss about this, I figure this would be the most appropriate place...

So, while I was wondering why anyone would summon Frankenmoe (or Shakespeare) as their servant, I wondered... who would you, fellow BLers, summon?

1) Which servant (out of all seven classes) would you summon (and possibly why), with the conditions that a) it must not have appeared before (meaning no Arturia, Sigurd etc.) and b) you have to "seriously" consider a candidate that could win the HGW and c) no google or wikipedia, going by memory alone.
    William Tell as an Archer, due to two reasons:

1) Until I got to know Fate/Stay Night and gained interest in ancient legends, he was always the most famous, most iconic bowman that I could think of after Robin Hood;

2) I could totally see him with a Noble Phantasm that increases the damage and accuracy of his (cross)bow in proportion to how disadvantageous the situation is for him. In other words, he would be one of those Heroic Spirits specialized in winning by reversal.

2) If you were Darnic, which heroic spirits would constitute your Faction? And why would you choose them (to work in a group)?
    Saber: Fergus Mac Roich
    Lancer: *undefined*
    Archer: David
    Rider: Don Quixote
    Caster: Merlin
    Assassin: Cleopatra
    Berserker: Samson

The linchpin of this formation is Assassin (Cleopatra). Beautiful, intelligent, manipulative. She is a textbook example of a woman that can make men do anything for her. On the other hand, all the other Servants are heroes known for their weakness towards women and/or possessing anecdotes of being turned into playthings by them. (Note: I couldn't think of any heroes to fill the Lancer spot, but a man that is similarly at disadvantage when dealing with women is ideal in this case).

The point here is to find a way to gain Assassin's loyalty, and then let job of handling/exploiting the other Servants into her care. Its a quite a gamble, but one that promises great returns if you're successful.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

Blog Entries
    Merlin can't even be a Servant, can he? He's still alive in a tree somewhere. The idea of a bunch of male Servants and Cleopatra is pretty good, as long as they don't start infighting over her. Pick basically any Greek at the Trojan War for Lancer and you've probably got a man with a weakness for a pretty lady. Telamonian Ajax would be my choice there, personally.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Merlin can't even be a Servant, can he? He's still alive in a tree somewhere. The idea of a bunch of male Servants and Cleopatra is pretty good, as long as they don't start infighting over her. Pick basically any Greek at the Trojan War for Lancer and you've probably got a man with a weakness for a pretty lady. Telamonian Ajax would be my choice there, personally.
    Is Merlin still alive? If he is never mind, but he should be able fulfill all requirement to be a Heroic Spirit/Servant otherwise.

Also, Greek heroes don't quite fill the bill because - while they do lust for beautiful women - most use members of the female sex as playthings themselves (chivalry wasn't a very popular concept in Ancient Greece -.-;;...). The idea here is to have someone that can be easily manipulated by a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Ehh, I dunno. Effort has its own value, I don't think it's right to just deem people who try hard but don't manage to achieve what they sought as losers. :P
    Which is kind of the whole point behind the Fate and Unlimited Blade Works Routes....
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; August 25th, 2013 at 11:36 PM.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Heroic Spirits are outside the Time axis, so it depend on if his deeds before the cutoff point let him onto the throne when he does die.

If not he can't be a HS (unless he becomes a Counter Guardian which I doubt he would), if yes he can be a HS and is summonable as a servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?