Page 512 of 782 FirstFirst ... 12412462502507510511512513514517522562612 ... LastLast
Results 10,221 to 10,240 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Could be argued that the Gil summoned in Prototype is a younger version of him. Like a teenager, maybe. After he got arrogant but before he became a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, if split happened it was even before the first hero came to existence.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Given that Zero's canonicity is now questioned.
    Only if you don't take what Nasu actually said into account.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Eh, I think it's canon in my subjective view anyway, regardless of what is said or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Define canon.

Given that Zero's canonicity is now questioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero afterward
    Yes. Zero is canon, but at the same time it is another legend different from ‘Fate/stay night’.
    If we have to define it, it’s an extra part spin out of canon story. It's a unique leaf of a melody that Urobuchi Gen conducted from a completely Fate-ish trunk. Here, you don’t have to consider the content of the ‘Fate/stay night’ game. Only move the story according to your wishes, let the characters shown portray themselves to the fullest and rush towards the ending without regret.
    It's canon but it's in a slightly different world.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Babilu and Enki =/= Gate of Babylon and Ea
    Fair enough. Though I still get the impression that Proto Gil is younger than S/N Gil.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I've wondered for a while, but is it possible to translate Brynhildr Romantia's title as 'Til Death do us Part'?
    死がふたりを分断つまで Passion lip NP

死がふたりを分かつまで 'Till Death do us Part
    You can but Passionlip's NP is a pun off it or at least a reference, so to preserve that you wouldn't. But if you don't care about the pun and want to go for simple to-read-meaning, sure why not.

Maybe like Until Death Severs Us into Parts.
    Last edited by You; January 28th, 2015 at 12:21 PM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Fair enough. Though I still get the impression that Proto Gil is younger than S/N Gil.
    lol FSN Gil is literally like 20 years old. He reverts to a kid in the interim decade and then grows back up into a young adult.

Blog Entries
    That Brynhildr is horrifying.

Her life sucked so hard she's on Bad End autopilot. I would say I want to give her a hug and tell her everything is going to be alright, but that would just get me stabbed.

Blog Entries
    Thematically I think she'd fit more as a Rider, since Valkyrie, but her life was so awful and tragic she's the perfect Lancer.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Hah, yeah. Had I done the Third War fic she and Saber would have ended up as the last two still sustaining themselves after the Lesser Grail was shot to pieces, and she would have killed Dietrich before offing herself, overcoming Tohsaka's CS commands to stay with him because he had come to love her in his own way. And then grieving Tohsaka takes his captive Edelfelt girl as a shitty consolation prize.

Bad Ends all around.

- - - Updated - - -

Thematically I think she'd fit more as a Rider, since Valkyrie, but her life was so awful and tragic she's the perfect Lancer.
    She has nothing especially suitable to ride though. At least not as a "no-longer-valkyrie" human. And since CCC gave her a spear NP she was doomed to be a tragic Lancer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Hah, yeah. Had I done the Third War fic she and Saber would have ended up as the last two still sustaining themselves after the Lesser Grail was shot to pieces, and she would have killed Dietrich before offing herself, overcoming Tohsaka's CS commands to stay with him because he had come to love her in his own way. And then grieving Tohsaka takes his captive Edelfelt girl as a shitty consolation prize.

Bad Ends all around.
    It's funny that the simplest explanation is that the Edelfelt and the Tohsaka Master had a Romeo and Juliet sub-plot that didn't end tragically, but so many authors seem enamored of the idea of making it incredibly fucked up -- she was brainwashed or blackmailed or he just settled for her due to familial pressure to strengthen the bloodline. As if the Third War wasn't grim enough.
    Last edited by Imperial; January 28th, 2015 at 02:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    Maybe that's because it's the simplest explanation?

Blog Entries
    To be honest, without Brynhildr it was just going to be a forbidden love that they consummated successfully in the end, but once I added her into the mix I went Full Tragedy.

Blog Entries
    I'm not criticizing the notion. More an observation

I think Elf was the only person who was going to play the love-across-the-battlefield bit straight. Most of the people I've talked to about it like to introduce a loveless arranged marriage or magical mind-wipes or anything else to make it horrible and tragic.

Blog Entries
    I feel like in mine Tohsaka and Edelfelt would have come to love each other, it was just that since the families were seemingly in shambles after the war and Tohsaka was pining for someone he could never have since she turned back into Graildust it was easier for them to marry and bonk their misery away by using sexual alchemy to transmute it into
    orgasms
    happiness

Class:
    Saber

STR: C+
    END: C+
    AGI: D
    MGI: C
    LCK: B

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (C): Cancels spells two verses or shorter

Riding (C): Can handle most mundane beasts and vehicles.

Personal Skills

Magecraft (C+): Capable of performing orthodox magecraft. During life, Saber specialized in charm magic.

Charisma (C): Capable of leading an army. Even before going to war, Saber was known countrywide for her strength and beauty.

Code of Conduct (A): Raises parameters while adhering to a code of honor though self-hypnosis.
    STR and END are increased as long as Saber acts according to Albanian rules of engagement. Conversely,
    if Saber breaks these rules, she suffers a rank-down to all parameters.

Noble Phantasms

Djubletah~Mystic Gown of Beauty (C, Anti-Unit)

An amplifier Mystic Code that Saber created herself. It is a traditional Albanian woman's dress woven with alchemical materials in such a way
    that Saber can perform charm magecraft with incredible efficiency while wearing it. It enhances her already incredible beauty to angelic levels
    and can wear down those with Magic Resistance or similar skills with sustained use. It was this Mystic Code that led the people to compare
    Saber to legendary beauties such as Helen or Brynhilde.

Malsor~False Utopia (B, Support)

Saber's legend would have one believe that this Noble Phantasm is the "magical dagger" that she carries, but it is actually just
    a typical Azoth dagger that many a mage carries. The true Noble Phantasm is actually the dagger's sheath, which is a failed attempt
    by Saber's ancestor to recreate the power of the King of Knights. Nevertheless, it is an excellent tool in battle that has been passed
    down to Saber as her second Mystic Code. While is does not provide immortality, it rapidly accelerates the healing process, allowing
    Saber to recover from grievous wounds in a fraction of the time.

Background

Nora of Kelmendi was a 17th-century Albanian woman now legendary for her beauty and valor.
    She is sometimes referred to as the "Helen of Albania" as her beauty also sparked a great war.
    She is also called the Albanian Brynhildr too, for she herself was the greatest woman warrior in the history of Albania.

Nora’s father, a noble warrior and mage, wanted a son to help him fight against the Ottoman Empire and to pass down his knowledge.
    When Nora was born, he abandoned her at an orphanage. His sister, knowing the doings of her brother, adopted Nora and raised her
    as a boy, sympathizing with the girl at not being chosen to carry on the family secrets. Nora's biological father, having the
    desire to train an apprentice, decided to train the adopted "son" of his sister. Hence, unknowingly, he trained his own daughter
    to become a fighter and a mage. As she grew up, Nora proved adept at charm spells and was reputed to be the most beautiful girl
    in Malsia. It is said that she was as pretty as a true Zana (a mountain fairy). Her fame spread through the whole country.

A pasha named Vutsi who resided nearby heard of her too, and fell in love with Nora upon setting eyes on her.
    Being from nearby Bosnia, which followed similar traditions to Albania, the pasha wanted to marry her by the laws of the Albanian
    Canon, which meant he would send a trusted man to Nora’s house and ask for her hand. However, Nora's family replied that the
    Albanian Canon did not allow for marriages with non-Albanians. The pasha was not accustomed to such refusal and kept a harem of
    women from far and wide. He flew into a rage and declared, "Either Nora will become my wife or I will burn all of Malsia to ashes!"

Vutsi then led his army and besieged Malsia. Nora had proved to be a warrior, but now she had to prove that she was wise too,
    in order to spare Malsia from destruction. So she devised a plan to kill the angry Bosnian. She pretended to want to
    marry Vutsi without the permission of her family. Dressed in her special charmed dress, she went to the pasha's tent.
    Seeing her, Vutsi fell on his knees and began to pray, believing she was a true gift from heaven. The pasha ordered his troops
    to rest and prepare for celebration. The soldiers happily put down their arms and celebrated by drinking and smoking.

When all was quiet around the pasha's tent, Nora retrieved a war dagger that her father had given her, a dagger that had been
    passed through her family for many generations. It was believed the dagger had magical powers, for no one who had carried it
    had died from wounds inflicted by opponents— highly unusual at that time and in this turbulent region. Nora stabbed the pasha,
    kicked him on back of his head, and choked him so he could not scream. The pasha fell on his rug. At that point Nora could no
    longer stab him because by Albanian custom, it is dishonorable to strike a man who is not standing or to hit a man who does
    not fight back. Nora fled and, as planned, the army of Malsia attacked the Ottomans, catching them by surprise.
    The pasha survived his wounds, gathered his own special unit and followed Nora to her home.

As the armies fought, several of the Ottomans broke away from the main body of the army to attack the villages.
    Nora led an army of 300 women against the Ottomans who had set off to burn, pillage and rape. In battle, Nora came
    face to face with Vutsi and his personal guard and killed him in a fair duel.

Making her a Caster was out because making her a mage at all was a bit of a stretch and Assassin wouldn't work with her code of honor, so Saber it is.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; January 28th, 2015 at 09:05 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    The nice thing about this thread is all the learning of people you'd otherwise never have heard of.

Age of Empires/Mythology and Fate taught me more about history and mythology than years of school.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made