Page 540 of 782 FirstFirst ... 40440490530535538539540541542545550590640 ... LastLast
Results 10,781 to 10,800 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    lol giving muhammad zulfiqar, haraam as fuck
    Muhammad is ultimate klepto, not haraam.

Also it was his first and you know what that means in nasu terms.
    Last edited by Christemo; March 13th, 2015 at 07:20 AM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Seriously though that should be way stronger. It's pretty much THE symbol for islamic military prowess, every Middle-Eastern state that actually gets to a point where they manufacture their own arms slaps its name on some tank, boat or gun. It's said to be peerless:
    There is no hero youth like Ali and no sword like Zulfiqar
    Making it blurry doublehit sword is underplaying the power it should have.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'd make it way stronger if I was making an Ali sheet. As you said, lol giving Muhammad Zulfiqar. The NP is not "look at all these ridiculously strong Noble Phantasms" its "look how I turn kleptomania into a superpower". The most Muhammad has done with Zulfiqar is possessing it at some point, and that's why its pretty meh in this case.

Ali's Zulfiqar I'd put it at A or A+ probably.
    Last edited by Christemo; March 13th, 2015 at 07:29 AM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You already wanked him to Apocrypha levels, shouldn't hurt to make what might be the most famous sword in the world a tick stronger.

That said I don't really have a problem with the rest. Maybe cut a few things even if it is an important religious figure. Buddha looks less silly.

that said wow he has a better reason for genderbending than most this is actually kind of disturbing
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Buddha looks less silly.
    Well no because Buddha has "negate damage from every hit equal to my max HP" and EX-ranked martial arts.

that said wow he has a better reason for genderbending than most this is actually kind of disturbing
    Frosty talked me into it, blame him.

Blog Entries
    Or rather one should thank him for talking you into making the sheet.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh no I was making it anyway, Frosty talked me into making Muhammad a cute brown girl tho

Blog Entries
    Okay, I get it now.

Blog Entries
    Praise be to God.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Allahu Snackbar

Did you have any ideas for her three bows (I assume that's why she qualifies for Archer)?
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    Did you have any ideas for her three bows (I assume that's why she qualifies for Archer)?
    I only read she has one and didn't look further into it. Finding effects for a full 9 magic swords had me occupied.

edit: on further inspection, according to Sacred Archery: The Fourty Prophetic Traditions, Muhammad had 6 bows. I'll see what I can do.

edit: added half-assed Bow NP.
    Last edited by Christemo; March 14th, 2015 at 07:22 AM.

Yeah, I came across it when researching for Ishmael. This is from the Book on the Excellence of the Bow and Arrow. (link)

It was reported that the Prophet had three bows. One was backed (al-mu‘aqqabah), called "The sweet smelling" (al-rawḥā’); another was made of the shawḥāṭ wood, called "The white one" (al-bayḍā’) ; and the third made of the nab‘ wood, was called "The yellow one" (al-ṣafrā’)
    Edit: The six bows are still pretty cool nonetheless.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; March 14th, 2015 at 12:55 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The book I mentioned names 6 bows, so I went with that because I like my headcanon of muhammad being a klepto

Blog Entries
    Class: Saber (Archer, Lancer, Rider)
    True Name: Tomoe Gozen
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral

STR: **** A
    END: ***** C
    AGI: **** A
    MGI: ***** D
    LCK: ***** B
    NP: ***** C

Keywords
    KEYWORDS

Genpei War

A major event in Japanese history that occurred during the late stages of the Heian Period (around the 12th Century). A civil war promoted by the Minamoto and Taira clans, fought with the supremacy over Japanese politics at stake.

For decades before the conflict, the Taira clan monopolized a dominant position within the Imperial court. This was in part achieved by the use of their influence to carry out a purge of any political rivals. Such practice made many victims among the Minamoto clan, which naturally created anti-Taira sentiments among its members.

The last drop was the bending of the rules of succession in order to enthrone an Emperor that was aligned with Taira’s interests. This of course incurred the displeasure of not only the Minamoto, but also of other members of the Imperial house. When the Minamoto answered to a call to arms from another candidate to the throne that felt injured by the Taira and sought compensation, a war became inevitable.

Incidentally, although the Taira were ultimately defeated, a certain internal conflict among the Minamoto nearly cost them the war.

Yamabuki

A word that occasionally escapes from this Servant’s mouth. If pressed for details, she will say it is the name of a former comrade in arms and rival in love. Serving together under the same lord, the two often competed for the affections and the position of number one attendant of said lord.

Considering such circumstances, one would normally think that this Yamabuki was someone she had trouble getting along with. Yet, it is possible to perceive a deep affection concealed in her voice whenever she speaks this name.

CLASS SKILLS

Magic Resistance: B
    The capacity to negate or abate the effects of Magecraft. Negates Magecraft invoked with an aria of three verses or less. It is difficult to injure her even with High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Riding: B
    The technical skill to mount on vehicles. It also displays its effects on mechanized vehicles. If it is an ordinary vehicle, then she can manage it better than an average person. It is also possible to control wild beasts that have never been tamed by humans, but she is unable to drive Phantasm Species of Magic Beast and Holy Beast rank such as Pegasus, Gryphon or the Dragon Species.

PERSONAL SKILLS

Battle Continuation: A+
    The ability of returning alive. Strength of vitality for predicaments. A Skill that decreases the death rate due to injury and makes possible to fight even in a condition of bearing serious wounds that would put her on the verge of death. At the highest rank, this is already a type of immortality.

Bravery: B
    The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. There is also an effect of increasing the melee damage inflicted on the enemy.

Independent Action: A+
    The ability to take action even without the prana supply from the Master. Convenient in cases like when the Master wants to activate a Magecraft that calls up maximum prana or when he cannot supply enough prana to the Servant. On another hand, it becomes difficult for the Master to put the Servant under his complete control. At the highest rank, the backup of the Master is unnecessary even when employing large-scale prana. Upon coming this far, this Servant is already a completely independent existence and can remain in this world indefinitely.

Natural Body: C
    Possession of a perfect body as a living being from birth. Grants resistance against body-related abnormal conditions. At C Rank, it also provides a Rank UP to the STR parameter.

According to legends, Tomoe not only possessed unmatched beauty, but was also the owner of extraordinary physical strength. Having once been ambushed while weaponless, she retaliated by tearing off the heads of the enemy soldiers with her bare hands.

Weapons

Naginata
    A wooden shaft with a thin curved blade of about 45cm set on one of its ends, this is a polearm characteristic from Japan. Although its exact origins have not yet been verified, it is popularly believed that a souhei sect invented the naginata during the Nara period. There is also a theory that this is a weapon derived from the Chinese guandao.

The naginata rose to preeminence during the Genpei War, where it came to be regarded as an effective anti-cavalry weapon. Later, during the Edo period, it became the symbolic armament of the onna-bugeisha.

Nodachi
    A rare kind of Japanese sword, it possesses a longer blade than the more famous katana. Its greater size makes it both ill suited for close-quarters combat and hard to be carried by infantry soldiers (ordinary Japanese blades are traditionally fastened to the waist; a nodachi has to either be tied to the back or brought by hand). So, it is commonly believed that this was a weapon intended for warriors on horseback.

This is a digression, but since both the forging and the wielding of a nodachi require quite an amount of skill, its use in actual combat was never very popular. In fact, most of the articles known in existence became either ceremonial weapons or votive offerings to a temple.

NOBLE PHANTASM

Futsugyou – Patronage of the Morning Sun
    Type: Anti-Unit (self)
    The ooyoroi bestowed to Tomoe by her lord, Minamoto no Yoshinaka – who possessed the epithet of "General of the Morning Sun". Even if you take into account that it is an article made to order by a member of nobility, this armor still seems considerably gaudy. Nevertheless, its performance is rock-solid.

As a Noble Phantasm, this armor has the power of increasing the user’s physical and magical defenses and granting bonus modifiers to saving throws. Furthermore, it also serves as the embodiment of Yoshinaka’s final order of “even if all alone, you must survive no matter what”; Tomoe will be furnished with the Skills Battle Continuation and Independent Action in their highest rank for as long as she is equipped with this.

Tomoe – Strong Bow of the Fierce God
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Tomoe’s reputation as a warrior given shape as a weapon. A Noble Phantasm that she is furnished only when summoned under the Archer Class. According to anecdotes, when holding a bow, Tomoe would display a prowess that was “a match for a thousand warriors, and fit to meet (in battle) either a god or an oni”. Modern portrayals often depict her wielding a naginata or a nodachi, but as expected, it is when fighting as a bowman that she displays her true worth.

Just by equipping it, all of her parameters are raised. Furthermore, if the opponent possesses qualities as a nonhuman existence, the appropriate “~slaying” property will be temporarily bestowed to this weapon’s attacks.

Trivia
    Though they sound the same, her personal name and this bow’s are written with different kanji. The former is 巴, while the latter is 鞆絵

Shinshuu – Immaculate Wind of Spring
    Type: Anti-Unit (self)
    Tomoe was famous for her ability to manage wild horses. Such was the case of her favored mare, the dapple gray Shunpuu – famed as the strongest horse in the land of Shinano (present-day Nagano). According to legends, Tomoe and Shunpuu rode like the wind across many dangerous spots, only to come out unscratched every time.

An ability that has the sealing of all others Noble Phantasms as a prerequisite for its activation, once the true name is called Tomoe will be granted temporary invulnerability while riding Shunpuu. Any and all attacks aimed at the two will be completely negated. A powerful trump card, but unfortunately it cannot be sustained for long periods of time due prana constrains.

Background
    BACKGROUND

Tomoe Gozen. In the land of Japan, this name is regarded as a classical example of an onna-bugeisha (woman warrior). Traditionally, the role of a Japanese woman is merely that of a housewife. However, in feudal times, the daughters of the samurai class were expected to defend their homes while their fathers, husbands and sons were away at war. Thus, they were exceptionally instructed in the arts of combat.

Among those, occasionally appeared individuals possessing unmatched martial talent. Regarded as exception among exceptions, these valorous women were formally recognized as samurai and given a place in the battlefield alongside men.

Tomoe Gozen is regarded as one of these rare cases. Although her historicity has not been proven, Tomoe’s tale has been detailed and transmitted to modern times through the historical epic Heike Monogatari. In said text, she is described as possessing a long hair, fair white skin and truly gorgeous features. On top of that, she could manage wild horses and, if armed with a bow, displayed a might comparable to a fierce god – a true warrior that was a match for a thousand.

Unrequited Love

Tomoe’s story is closely related to that of the lord she served – Minamoto no Yoshinaka.

When Yoshinaka was still an infant, his immediate relatives were killed and their lands plundered during an internal feud in the Minamoto clan. Yoshinaka himself would also have been killed, if wasn’t for Nakahara no Kanetoo – an ally of his father – placing the young boy under his protection. Yoshinaka would then become foster child of the Nakahara clan. At the time, his name was changed for Kiso Yoshinaka.

Yoshinaka was raised together with Kanetoo’s own children: which included Nakahara no Kamemitsu (later known as Higuchi Kanemitsu), Nakahara no Kanehira (later known as Imai Kanehira) and the young Tomoe.

According to some versions of the story, Tomoe had already fallen in love with Yoshinaka around that time. Her feelings only grew deeper as they got older, but she never managed to confess to him due to their different social standing. Foreseeing that Yoshinaka would eventually leave the Nakahara in order to become a great general, Tomoe dedicated herself to polishing her martial skills so that she could follow him when the time came.

Her wish was granted… to an extent.

Indeed, Yoshinaka recognized Tomoe’s valor and gave her an appropriate position of command in his army. However, he never came to realize that what made her so devoted to him was not loyalty, but blind love. No matter how accomplished she was, to him she was just another retainer. Even her brothers, Kanemitsu and Kanehira (who also decided to follow Yoshinaka), were more favored than her, despite being inferior in both prowess and dedication.

Like many of his clansmen, Yoshinaka too answered the call to arms against the Taira and participated in the Genpei War. After amassing a considerable amount of military achievements, he eventually became a political figure of considerable influence in the Imperial capital. This placed him at odds with the other members of the Minamoto, especially those that benefited with the feud that took the lives of his family years earlier. The frictions only increased with time and eventually an all-out war broke out within the Minamoto clan.

Of course, Tomoe remained by her lord’s side the entire time, acting as his sword and shield on the battlefield. While Yoshinaka’s other allies began to either perish or abandon him, she remained faithful. But he never took notice of her true feelings to the end.

At the Battle of Awazu, Yoshinaka saw his army be reduced to a mere seven cavalrymen and understood that his time had come. He then turned to Tomoe – the only woman among the seven – and ordered her to escape by herself. She of course insisted in remaining to die along with him, but Yoshinaka rebuked saying that he did not wished to be made into a laughingstock that “brought along a woman in his final moments”. Harsh words, but they were motivated by the sincere wish of having her live on. Still, said wish was rooted on the gratitude towards a loyal servant and the care towards someone who was practically family. To the very end, Yoshinaka never saw Tomoe as a woman.

So, believing that she was protecting her lord’s reputation as a warrior, Tomoe brilliantly carried out his last order. Afterwards, she was said to have fled to the land of Echigo (present-day Niigata), where she became a Buddhist nun and spent her remaining years mourning her beloved’s death.
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; October 15th, 2015 at 08:46 PM.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I'd just like to point out that Tomoe Gozen predates the creation of the nodachi and the "rarity" note is kinda funny considering Kojirou.

Blog Entries
    True. But like I say, modern portrayals still have her use it anyway. Also, compared to the katana, the nodachi is a rare sight - especially in a battlefield.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Modern portrayals have her use a long sword like everyone else of her period did. It was sort of the thing. And it depends on the battlefield, because nodachi were used when cavalry use was at its peak. They stopped using them when everything went toward mass infantry battles.

As much as I wanted to scream "heresy!" because you gender-bent Muhammad, I cannot deny that was a really good servant sheet. Thanks for your work, Christemo.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by palad1n View Post
    As much as I wanted to scream "heresy!" because you gender-bent Muhammad, I cannot deny that was a really good servant sheet. Thanks for your work, Christemo.
    If Muhammad according to Sunni is not depictable because one must not impose an appearance unto the Prophet, then just consider that a Shia sheet. Besides, if he has no appearance, how can you say it wasn't a woman?

Regardless, thanks.