Page 544 of 782 FirstFirst ... 44444494534539542543544545546549554594644 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,880 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Sable are u a JC kid your english is pretty rad for Singaporean standards

Or maybe my standards are just outdated

He really wasn't that buff all his life, I guess. My understanding was that he kept fit to be healthy and not really to be strong or something, and ranking up strength seemed a little excessive for someone who's basically an ordinary guy in terms of physical ability.

- - - Updated - - -

@Apple I'm not. I'm a university student. I used to teach English/GP tuition to JC kids, but I appreciate your compliment!

Blog Entries
    Inb4 collective strength of belief boosts STR by 2 ranku

Does your frond lurk here too
    Last edited by Apple; March 24th, 2015 at 09:59 AM.

Rank C strength would make him on par with an average fighter-type heroic spirit in terms of physical strength... I didn't think that would work out. =P

Blog Entries
    i mean u did give him chinese martial arts

That was inspired partially by the youtube video I linked in my original post, and from the fact that he apparently knows Tai Chi.

Well. Most old chinese people in Singapore know Tai Chi, but that's not the main point =P.

Also, I had to give him some way of fighting if, for any reason, he had to activate the Reality Marble with no allies.

Blog Entries
    mfw slow motion parrying claymores all day erry day

btw check your wall thx
    Last edited by Apple; March 24th, 2015 at 10:14 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    I saw that one, and thought the darkness thing was cool, but I figure if anyone asks he can just do it using Draconic Arts, even if technically it's not in the description. Orz.
    Haha, no problem. I was just indulging in some wanking and TL terminology propaganda (domains > bounded fields). You captured Swallow's personality pretty well, and at the end of the day that's what matters!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Eh, it seems to be fine. Beowulf is Beowulf, so the skills look fairly sensible, if a bit standard, and Hrunting does what it always does with these NPs. Naegling is also pretty much how I always see that particular NP done, as a "use it as a Broken Phantasm and it gets super strong" thing.

Heredot is the only particularly attention-grabbing thing, and I quite like it. Does it replicate all of the Skills/NPs of the opponent, or only ones that are specifically theirs, and does it replicate weapon or object NPs, or just conceptual/technique ones like God Hand? Either way it seems reasonably cool.
    First of all, thank you for the feedback.

As for the specifications/restrictions regarding Heorot, it basically follows 3 simple rules:

1. Only abilities related to the flesh/physical body - weaponry or abilities based on mental capacities are a no go (ex: should Beowulf employ this against Herakles, he would be able to replicate Battle Continuation and Divinity, but not Bravery and Eye of the Mind)
    2. Noble Phantasms that follow the rule above can be acquired, but the higher its rank the more difficult it is to fully replicate it (ex: following the case above, while Nine Lives is out of question, God Hand is ok. However, of the 3 effects of "reviving 11 times", "negating attacks of B Rank or below" and "boosting defensive power against a type of damage that he already received", one of them will be missing).
    3. There is a general limit of how much abilities can be acquired in this manner. Think of him gaining a pool of points he can to use to "buy" the same abilities that his opponent has. The higher the rank of the ability, the larger is the amount of points consumed. Also, NPs are generally more expensive than Skills. Consequentially, in cases in which something must be given up, the abilities said to be most symbolic about the opponent are given preferential treatment.
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; March 24th, 2015 at 10:33 AM.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiu View Post
    Haha, no problem. I was just indulging in some wanking and TL terminology propaganda (domains > bounded fields). You captured Swallow's personality pretty well, and at the end of the day that's what matters!
    The secret is to pretend you're a mushroom. Then you end up writing Nasuish character personalities!

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post

Good in the technical sense, but seems to lack a real twist or USP. I'd want a bit more jazz out of it, if you know what I mean?
    And is there a real reason not to give him Voyager of the Storm over the Nelson Touch?
    To the second: no, I don't believe so; the name change was more of a thematic decision then a pragmatic one.

As to the first, I'm not sure. The problem with Commander-like Servants (heck, there should be a new class of them, given the amount of famous commanders that existed well before the 1900's!) is that they generally end up emphasising less about their fighting qualities and more about how they control a battlefield to minimise the effects of an offensive Servant.

While Nelson was no psychic (and thus Clairvoance or a similar Servant ability might be inappropriate) perhaps some additional Personal skills could be added (or the existing ones retooled) so he'd be more effective. Lastly, the Noble Phantasm assigned to him could be buffed a half-rank or the NP expanded to cover, not just HMS Victory, but potentially the fleet he commanded at Trafalgar (alt. title: "The Fleet of Britannia's Immortal Victory")

Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    mfw slow motion parrying claymores all day erry day

btw check your wall thx
    I've edited the statsheet to clarify some stuff! I'm mainly concerned with whether I made LKY too overpowered or irrelevant.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Entirely canon Servant right here boys. Repent ye motherfuckers.

Class: Lancer (Alternatively Saber, Ruler, Caster, Saver)
    True Name: Jesus Christ of Nazareth
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Birth: Jerusalem, Herodian Judea
    Original Lifetime: 7–2 BC to 30–33 AD

STR: B AGI: B

END: A+ MGI: B

LCK: D NP: EX

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance:
    A++

Grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects prana, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Due to his divine nature and rejection of pagan principles like magecraft, Jesus is virtually untouchable by even the greatest magics. However, Abrahamic Magecraft still carry their full effect, as the Messiah cannot in good will deny the fruit of effort of those who would work so hard to stay believers and harness magecraft at the same time.

Personal Skills:

Restoration of the Faithful: A+

A Skill common to the Christian healers of old, originating at the Messiah. So long as the person seeking salvation believes in Christianity or Judaism, the Messiah is capable of healing any injury or sickness, even ones that should be permanent or incurable. As long as the people believe in him, the Messiah can do whatever they should have need of.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew 9:27-31
    And as Jesus passed on from there, two blind men followed him, crying aloud, “Have mercy on us, Son of David.” When he entered the house, the blind men came to him, and Jesus said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They said to him, “Yes, Lord.” Then he touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith be it done to you.” And their eyes were opened. And Jesus sternly warned them, “See that no one knows about it.” But they went away and spread his fame through all that district.
    Divinity: A+

The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit. As one third of the Godhead and incarnation of God in human form, Jesus holds the highest possible rank in Divinity, barely skirting the line between god and man. Any Divinity-based advantages possessed by Christian or Jewish heroes he should combat is completely nullified so long as they are in his presence.

Quote Originally Posted by John 8:54-56
    Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word. Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.”
    Baptism Rite: A++

A type of magecraft that changed style into a church form. It is only effective against spiritual or otherwise abnormal bodies. By infusing the ritual with the divine energies of the Godhead, it becomes possible to use this even against Heroic Spirits of the Good alignment, so long as they are not Lawful Good or devout believers of the faith. Evil spirits or demons can be destroyed utterly in an instant with a Rite of this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew 3:11

"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than 1, whose shoes 1 am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and {with} fire."
    Charisma: B

The natural talent to command an army. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. A rare talent. At this rank, it is a radiance strong enough to lead a country. It is said that the Messiah attracted so many people to his side that the Roman occupants of Judea thought him a "King of the Jews".

Quote Originally Posted by John 19-20
    Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee. Nathanael answered him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art King of Israel.

You Say What I Am:
    N/A

A skill manifested from extreme, worldwide fame. Due to rampant and countless tales of this Heroic Spirit's legend, true or not, it becomes possible to manifest Skills and Noble Phantasms that may only be partially related to the Heroic Spirit in question. Similar in nature to Imperial Privilege, it allows the Messiah to take on the belief of the people. If they believe, it shall be so. Skills up to rank B and Noble Phantasms based on the Messiah or his legend, such as the Holy Nails or the Shroud of Turin, can be borrowed so long as Jesus holds the full confidence and belief of his Master.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke 22:70
    And the high priest stood up, and said unto him, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee?

But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou art the Christ, the Son of God.

Jesus said unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Henceforth ye shall see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.
    Noble Phantasms:

Spear of Destiny
    Lance of Longinus: EX

Anti-Divine

The Holy Spear that was used to pierce Jesus' side as he hang on the cross, to check if he was still alive. Because Christ was of divine nature, and virtually untouchable even with great weapons or magic, it is speculated that he let himself be pierced by the spear, used as his walking stick before it was given a tip, rather than it simply piercing him by it's own merit. What is not known, however, is that after Christ's resurrection, he visited the old soldier who had used the lance, now revealing it's true nature as an item of incredible power, and kindly requested his "staff" back, to complete a duty his father had given him: Making the world safe for mankind. Thus, the Son roamed the earth, using this most powerful of Noble Phantasms to drive minor old gods from their dwellings and banished them, and killed many Dragons, who hoarded the wealth of man and the earth, and in turn turned their corpses into the wealth they so coveted.

When merely wielded as a spear, Longinus appears as a red bident with great cleansing ability, dealing increased damage to those of the Evil alignment and abnormally high damage to those who should have relation to Dragons. The spear drives a deep fear into those with dragon blood, as just like it has done dozens of times in the past, it shall inevitably draw Dragon blood again. When activated as a Noble Phantasm however, the spear conjoins with Christ's right arm, becoming a long red blade that glows an overpowering white, like an entire ocean of light was trapped within it. In this form, the spear-arm becomes able to fire blasts of golden light powerful enough to instantly kill even the greatest Dragons of old, a single shot containing enough destructive force to level a city, though it is rarely necessary for Christ to go so far.

Finally, the Lance is infused with Christ's own blood, after it was used to pierce him, which was what twisted it into it's current form from being a simple sharp walking stick. In addition to making it do heavily increased damage against both those of Divine nature, the higher Divinity the better, it has a final activation, which can only be employed if Jesus says the phrase "O Longinus, thou service is required once more". As the twisted red metal releases dreadful loud scream, the lance is then lobbed, with absolute precision, against a target who Jesus has confirmed beforehand is of Divine nature. If the spear should hit home, and by God's graces it is supposed to, no matter what, the target's life immediately ends. Their HP is reduced to 0, and all their blood and entrails leave their body through the right side of their chest, with no chance of recovery.

Arma Christi
    Crown of Thorns: A

Anti-Unit (Self)/Anti-Unit

A woven crown made of a cursed thorn bush, once part of the Garden of Eden, that leaves wounds that never close and always bleed, used by his captors to mock his great authority. Even after his resurrection, the thorns continued to eternally bite into the Messiah's head, though he always ignored the pain, for it was nothing compared to what mankind as a whole must bear.

The crown exudes an aura of Mental Interference passively that makes those who cannot resist it second-guess hostile actions of any form against the Messiah, and if one possesses a psyche that is not above average it can become impossible for the person to attack Jesus entirely, as the image of Jesus' sinless nature burns into their mind and makes them feel guilty and downtrodden for even thinking negatively about him. Only through confession and apology before the Messiah can one find peace if it escalates this far.

The true power of this Noble Phantasm is only activated once it is placed on the head of another, however. Within seconds, the thorns of Eden burrow themselves in the bearer's brow, and with them visions of the pains to come, and the pains that have been suffered, of the humanity who does not receive the Salvation of the Lord. The entire human race's pains are at once revealed and experienced by the new crown-bearer, and unless they possess a will that can carry with it the world, their mind will grow black, wither and die. Once the new bearer lies dead, Christ can once again pick up humanity's suffering, crowning himself with the symbol of mockery once more.
    Last edited by Christemo; May 22nd, 2015 at 06:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Good job, Christemo, it was a fun read.

Another nice servant sheet from Christemo. Good work!
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

I thought his walking stick was Bachal Isu? Or would that be another form Longinus can take?

Edit: Ah, never mind, that'd probably go under his "do anything" skill. Very nice sheet.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; March 25th, 2015 at 12:29 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    I thought his walking stick was Bachal Isu? Or would that be another form Longinus can take?
    I don't actually recall if he had the same stick as Moses. It was mostly a convenient excuse for "Longinus' spear was with Jesus for most of his life"

Bachal Isu has been used by various people from Moses to St. Patrick. Jesus was just the most famous user. That's why it'd go under You Say What I Am.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Probably something he's get as Caster or Saver then

Blog Entries
    A very interesting Jesus profile, Chris. A very interesting choice for Longinus, in this instance, to be super effective against Dragon-kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT