Page 39 of 858 FirstFirst ... 29343738394041444989139539 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    If I were to do more sheets they would be revisions of already established Servants. Namely:

Jeanne D'Arc
    Boudica
    Bedivere
    Romulus
    Could be cool, but if you do this, please read all the stuff that's available for these characters so you can properly build on them, instead of what usually goes on in this thread.

I'm not aware of the state of translation of Apocrypha material and GO material but if it's missing stuff let me know. I'd be willing to help you with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    put a little to much on emphasis of her as an eroge character that gets raped, especially in her interlude..
    wut

see, this is what I mean. Don't be this guy.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; September 22nd, 2016 at 03:37 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Other then that, I'd say the sheet's fine actually. Not sure what others would think, though... (as I said, I'm probably more tolerant of OP Chuuni stuff then most here)

Though, now that Swastika's gone you should get rid of the mention of it in the last sentence of his Holocaust NP.
    Done.

I wonder if we'll ever see him or Stalin in GO (either as playable or as villains in some singularity like Jason) to see how powerful they are canonically due to all the references to the Nazis in other Fate/ stuff. I doubt that though. DW probably doesn't want the backlash.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Yeah Boudica really needs a revision. While i like the concept of a protective older sister they used for her, they did it poorly in Grand Order and put a little to much on emphasis of her as an eroge character that gets raped, especially in her interlude.
    Did that ever come up outside of the orc jokes in her interlude?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Suddenly got an inspiration for this guy while I was finishing Sima Qian. I don't know if he even qualifies as a Heroic Spirit. The main argument would be whether or not god-made artificial intelligences have souls or if they're just imitations of sentience; is he a monster like Asterios and Medusa, or just a robot?

This is a more traditional Berserker, gaining sheer power at the expense of skill and actual Noble Phantasms. The caveat is that this guy is at least 60 feet tall. Really big, really strong, but in terms of the story, he'd either be a flunkie boss or a random, completely unforeshadowed final boss that the protagonist has to fight at the last minute.

Berserker
    Bronze Guardian of Crete

Class: Berserker
    Place of Origin: Greece
    Alignment: Lawful Mad
    Attribute: Sky

faceclaim

Parameters:
    Strength: A+++
    Endurance: A+++
    Agility: D++
    Magic: E
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: E

Class Skills:
    • Mad Enhancement A
      All stats receive a Rank-Up. While for most Servants, this would rob them of their reason, Berserker did not possess much reason to begin with. He is more of an automaton than an intelligent being.

Personal Skills:
    • Natural Monster A++
      A skill for those who were born as a monster. STR and END are far beyond the human level.
    • Mechanical Armor EX
      Mechanical armor -- or in Berserker's case, an entirely mechanical body -- that boosts the parameters of the user. STR, END, and AGI have "++" modifiers in addition to any already present.
    • Monstrous Strength A
      Temporary Rank-Up to STR. This lasts for a long time due to the high rank of the skill.
    • Projectile (Terrain) A
      The expertise for throwing projectile "weapons"; in this case, pieces of the ground, man-made structures, and anything else Berserker can grab without instantly crushing. Thrown objects are comparable to railgun projectiles.

Equipment:
    • Blades built into his armor
    • Claws
    • Boulders, pieces of earth, and buildings ripped from the ground

Noble Phantasm:
    Spoiler:
    Talos: Bronze Giant of Crete
    Anti-Unit (Self), E
    A Noble Phantasm that does nothing but affirm Berserker's existence. Under normal circumstances, the summoning of an individual like Berserker is either logistically impossible or carries too immense of a burden for any prospective Master. Because of this Noble Phantasm affirming the existence of "Talos", it is possible for Berserker to be summoned into the world at his full power without instantly killing the Master. Mana consumption will be reduced to high but reasonable levels, though the Master may still need to sacrifice Command Spells for raw Mana to keep the giant functional.

This Noble Phantasm also justifies Berserker's existence both as a physics-defying giant and as a Heroic Spirit. The invocation of the concept of "Talos" lightens the load of gravity on Berserker's body, allowing him to defy the Square-Cube law so that all his strength and balance is preserved. And while Berserker is little more than a Divine Construct of the gods, the (marginally) sentient intelligence gifted to him provided enough of a soul to be recorded in the Throne of Heroes.

This Noble Phantasm also imposes Berserker's one weakness in life upon him: a golden nail keeping the ichor that fuels his internal mechanisms contained within his body. If this nail is removed and the ichor allowed to leak out, Berserker will rapidly lose motor control and shut down.

Lore:
    Spoiler:
    Berserker's identity is Talos, a bronze automaton gifted by Hephaestus to the people of Crete. Created at the behest of Zeus, his original purpose was to ensure the safety of Europa, one of Zeus's many loves. Even after Europa's time as Queen of Crete ended, the giant continued to protect the island from unwanted influences until the Argo passed by, returning from Colchis with the Golden Fleece. Hurling boulders at the ship, Talos would not let them pass until Medea called upon the Keres to bewilder his senses, allowing her to remove the nail that kept the divine ichor that served as his fuel within his body. And so ended Talos, who was left to bleed out and die while Jason continued on his way.

Personality:
    Spoiler:
    Berserker has no real personality to speak of, due to both his Mad Enhancement and his origins. His only drive is to protect "Crete"; this concept of "Crete" does not have to correspond to the physical Crete but to what Berserker's Master can convince him is worth protecting. Due to not possessing much of an ego, he can easily be manipulated through mental interference thaumaturgy into protecting whatever the Master wants. This goes both ways, however; enemies can easily convince Berserker to turn on his Master if they convince him that his Master is threatening "Crete". He is also unusually susceptible to illusion charms and sensory overload, reflecting his defeat in life.

Normally, Berserker is docile and obedient towards his Master while unrelentingly vicious to his enemies. However, there may come a point where Berserker will refuse to listen to his Master's commands. This is because he was created as a shield, not as a sword. His main purpose in life was to protect, not to destroy; as a result, if his Master orders him to commit wanton destruction, there is a chance that something inside Berserker will rebel.

Lifting his Mad Enhancement will only grant him a marginal increase in intelligence, but it would be enough for him to actually formulate a wish. The wish: to return to the island of Crete and to dwell there forever.

Miscellaneous:
    Spoiler:
    Dislikes: None (because of Mad Enhancement)
    Talents: None (because of Mad Enhancement)
    Natural Enemy: Jason, Medea
    Notes: It is impossible to keep the existence of this Servant a secret. The moment he is commanded to leave spirit form and to enter the fight, the entire planet will be alerted to his presence due to his sheer size. The best course of action is to wait out the Grail War until only one other contestants remains, then release the giant on the target location. Dealing with the Mage's Association, the Holy Church, and most of the world's militaries will come afterwords.
    Last edited by Constructman; September 22nd, 2016 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Feedback

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I think you forgot a plus or two.

Blog Entries
    Wanting destruction or wanton destruction?

Fantastic profile all in all, though
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Did that ever come up outside of the orc jokes in her interlude?
    Don't think so. It was just Roman being an otaku as usual.

- - - Updated - - -

okay, also Gudako

I can only assume Fou got the reference because of Magi☆Mari Merlin's influence

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Talos: Wow, that is one heck of a Berserker there. I think Talos would be a more obvious choice as a Noble Phantasm for another Heroic Spirit (like with my Europa) rather then one himself, but your take is definitely an interesting one. He sounds terrifying and awesomely destructive, even by Berserker standards. I love the Projectiles (Terrain) Skill.

Don't think all the pluses are really necessary, to be honest. Even granted he's really freaking strong, there's never been an instance of more then three pluses in any Fate work. Given his incredible size and strength, I'd say 'just' A+++ should be enough, which mind you is already insanely high compared to pretty much every other Servant in canon.

His motivation being to defend 'Crete' is an interesting touch to humanize him a bit, along with a dislike of indiscriminate destruction making him more then just a rampaging brute. I wonder how he'd interact with my Golem Of Prague?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Could be cool, but if you do this, please read all the stuff that's available for these characters so you can properly build on them, instead of what usually goes on in this thread.

I'm not aware of the state of translation of Apocrypha material and GO material but if it's missing stuff let me know. I'd be willing to help you with that.
    I will certainly make the attempt and will seek out all the related Fate materials I can in preparation, but, if not, noted.

And what usually goes on in this thread?

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone tried making the schoolteacher Ichabod Crane from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow? I think he'd make an okay Rider. He does ride a horse very fast several times in the tale.

Or maybe a Caster.
    either way, I've seen plenty of Dullahans, so this guy deserves some spotlight as well.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    I feel like he'd have to be like Siegfried/Fafnir, and summoning him would always summon the headless horseman somewhere too.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

And what usually goes on in this thread?
    ★ quality stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You've got a point. But that'd still be kind of cool.
    After all, in the story it's never confirmed whether there really ever was a spectral horseman. The 'creature' that ran him out of town, never to be seen again was just his rival in love wearing a jack-o-lantern on his head, which he then threw at Crane, scared the poor guy shitless, and went back home and got married to the girl that he fought so hard to keep.
    If a demonic rider actually were to appear during the War while Ichabod Crane was active, it would be the result of Ichabod's fears and delusions manifesting as a monster that wanted to kill him. Of course, this would be likelier to happen if he were a Caster with enough mana reserves to summon such a monster.
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Talos: Wow, that is one heck of a Berserker there. I think Talos would be a more obvious choice as a Noble Phantasm for another Heroic Spirit (like with my Europa) rather then one himself, but your take is definitely an interesting one. He sounds terrifying and awesomely destructive, even by Berserker standards. I love the Projectiles (Terrain) Skill.

Don't think all the pluses are really necessary, to be honest. Even granted he's really freaking strong, there's never been an instance of more then three pluses in any Fate work. Given his incredible size and strength, I'd say 'just' A+++ should be enough, which mind you is already insanely high compared to pretty much every other Servant in canon.

His motivation being to defend 'Crete' is an interesting touch to humanize him a bit, along with a dislike of indiscriminate destruction making him more then just a rampaging brute. I wonder how he'd interact with my Golem Of Prague?
    About the plusses: you might be right. I wanted to emphasize the fact that he was as big as a Gundam and twice as strong but if it's excessive, I could deduct a plus from it. My rational was that a being of his size that could even stand up straight and walk would have A++ to start but he got two extra pluses from being a robot.

Honestly, from Talos's sheer size alone, I'm not sure if he would be able to form a meaningful connection with any other Servant. He might mistake the Golem for just another piece of dirt. If he had the time to think about it after encountering him, he might make the connection that the two of them are somewhat the same, but I don't know if Talos would live long enough to come to that realization (due to his size and strength making him an immediate target).

Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    You've got a point. But that'd still be kind of cool.
    After all, in the story it's never confirmed whether there really ever was a spectral horseman. The 'creature' that ran him out of town, never to be seen again was just his rival in love wearing a jack-o-lantern on his head, which he then threw at Crane, scared the poor guy shitless, and went back home and got married to the girl that he fought so hard to keep.
    If a demonic rider actually were to appear during the War while Ichabod Crane was active, it would be the result of Ichabod's fears and delusions manifesting as a monster that wanted to kill him. Of course, this would be likelier to happen if he were a Caster with enough mana reserves to summon such a monster.
    Perhaps if there had to be an actual Headless Horseman involved (rather than Crane's love rival), then maybe a situation like Sasaki Kojirou? A random Hessian mercenary gets contracted by the Grail. "We need a German guy and you're German. Oh, and we'll be taking off your head. Sorry. Here's a pumpkin. It worked for some Mayan dude down south; it'll work for you."

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's a good point constructman. Currently, I'm working on Galahad as I want him to appear for Fiore in my fanfiction, but I might try for Crane afterwards just to see if I can do it.

Seika's really gotta update the index. There have to be at least thirty new Servants now. Or I suppose that everyone who's made a Servant can just write a link to her for her to post.

Oh, by the way, Shrapnel, if you want to do one of those four characters, please do Boudica.
    (I'm using her in my fanfiction. She gets summoned by the Kuruokas; the parents. I can scarcely imagine the kind of horror she feels for their daughter. As you can imagine, their plans for their daughter make her physically sick. Anyone who would wish rape on their own child deserves death in her opinion. Unfortunately, she can't kill them, being their indentured thrall.)
    Last edited by Draconic; September 22nd, 2016 at 10:14 PM.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Having just finished reading his entry in Percy Jackson And The Greek Heroes, I wonder what an Alter/Berserker version of Jason could look like. It'd be based on how he was at the very end of his life, tainted with rage and regrets over how his life as a hero ultimately came to ruin and destroyed everything close to him. Reading how the Argo and the Golden Fleece got an evil reputation after the whole Medea business reminded me of 'Excalibur Morgan' and how it reflected the dark side of Arturia's legend with Morgana.

Hmm...
    Dark Fleece Of Tainted Gold
    Chrysomallos Medea
    , anyone? Admittedly, the title needs some working on, but still. Maybe the effect could be something like conflating the wearer with the dragon guarding the fleece, giving them a powerful draconic attribute, or something of that nature? In any case, it struck me as an interesting idea. (Though I did a Jason sheet already)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    please do Boudica.
    This just makes me not want to do her.

Anyway, after Kriemhild (I have to get more creative as unlike her Norse counterpart she isn't a warrior), I'm going to do Bedivere next and give him the revision he deserves.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This just makes me not want to do her.

Anyway, after Kriemhild (I have to get more creative as unlike her Norse counterpart she isn't a warrior), I'm going to do Bedivere next and give him the revision he deserves.
    implying he isn't already perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Can't fix what isn't broken

JP Friend Code
    Bedivere is already perfect. Don't upset Reiu.