Page 40 of 858 FirstFirst ... 30353839404142455090140540 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    implying he isn't already perfect
    Right...

So, thought to ask this here than the Questions thread, but Noble Phantasms can't be passive effects, they have to be activated, correct? I ask as, right now, Kriemhild has four personal skills and adding one more seems like too much (four was already pushing it for me), so I was thinking of slotting it in as an NP. I could always combine one of the four with this fifth one, but...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Right...

So, thought to ask this here than the Questions thread, but Noble Phantasms can't be passive effects, they have to be activated, correct? I ask as, right now, Kriemhild has four personal skills and adding one more seems like too much (four was already pushing it for me), so I was thinking of slotting it in as an NP. I could always combine one of the four with this fifth one, but...
    Diarmuid's spears are both passive and good examples of aggressive noble phantasms. Passively there is also the Armour of Fafnir, God Hand etc

So yes basically

US Friend Code
    Right...

No there are passive Noble Phantasms, Diarmuid's spears are an example of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Diarmuid's spears are both passive and good examples of aggressive noble phantasms. Passively there is also the Armour of Fafnir, God Hand etc

So yes basically
    dang you beat me to it.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    So yes basically
    Well, that's good to know. Though I just realized it wouldn't apply to her as she is, but underneath another class. Anyway, it is now completed save for the lore, wish, and misc. Gimme a few minutes.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i thought you said you hadn't finished it yet
    and was posting it to look for help.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Not at all. God Hand is passive, for instance.

Wow, was that a slow reply on my part.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    i thought you said you hadn't finished it yet
    and was posting it to look for help.
    I did.

It's finished now, though. Could still use revisions, but, for the most part it's alright.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kriemhild: Hey, I remember that FC. I think you used it as your signature for a little bit. In any case, she's the one you're going to use for your fanfic, right?

I thought she was going to be an Archer rather then Assassin (based on what you said in Fanfic Ideas) but I guess you adjusted, since there's no mention of a bow or projectile weapons (though she does still have Independent Action at rank A). Into The Blood is a really neat and creative Skill so I like that one a lot. Golden Rule should probably have a minus modifier based off Siegfried's version.

Her NP is a little boring and simple though, though I understand you may not have the most to work with here. Maybe it would help to have a little more information on just what that 'curse' looks like (dark magic?), how she casts it (does she need to be close by?), et cetera. Though I'd understand if you're keeping some of her NPs a secret for your fanfic.

So, what does everybody think of my Alter Jason idea? I might actually try to write him up sometime, depending on time and inspiration...

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Not his sig: It was his avatar, and it gave me nightmares.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Not his sig: It was his avatar, and it gave me nightmares.
    That's what I meant, actually.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Kriemhild: Hey, I remember that FC. I think you used it as your signature for a little bit. In any case, she's the one you're going to use for your fanfic, right?

I thought she was going to be an Archer rather then Assassin (based on what you said in Fanfic Ideas) but I guess you adjusted, since there's no mention of a bow or projectile weapons (though she does still have Independent Action at rank A). Into The Blood is a really neat and creative Skill so I like that one a lot. Golden Rule should probably have a minus modifier based off Siegfried's version.

Her NP is a little boring and simple though, though I understand you may not have the most to work with here. Maybe it would help to have a little more information on just what that 'curse' looks like (dark magic?), how she casts it (does she need to be close by?), et cetera. Though I'd understand if you're keeping some of her NPs a secret for your fanfic.

So, what does everybody think of my Alter Jason idea? I might actually try to write him up sometime, depending on time and inspiration...
    Yes. She's the one I'm using.

Kriemhild is Assassin as that's what class fits her best. It has nothing to do with my fanfiction. In fact let's just stop talking about that here.

Her being slotted into the other classes has to do with taking the weapons of the fallen as her own. Balmung for Saber, The Fiddle for Archer. Caster she's just blood-crazed and for Avenger you can stack being batshit insane on top of that.

If you want a visual representation of the curse just imagine a pool of blood forming beneath the target and the hands of those Assassin successfully exacted her vengeance upon coming up to hold them in place. Instant death is where they are dragged into the blood and drowned as a reference to the later half of the Nibelungenlied where every other sentence someone 'falls into the blood'. In that, the fighting was so vicious that the ground beneath everyone's feet was a sea of red before it was done. And, you know, when it was done, everyone was dead.
    Last edited by Historia; September 23rd, 2016 at 01:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    If you want a visual representation of the curse just imagine a pool of blood forming beneath the target and the hands of those Assassin successfully exacted her vengeance upon coming up to hold them in place. Instant death is where they are dragged into the blood and drowned as a reference to the later half of the Nibelungenlied where every other sentence someone 'falls into the blood'. In that, the fighting was so vicious that the ground beneath everyone's feet was a sea of red before it was done. And, you know, when it was done, everyone was dead.
    That's a pretty good image. You could stand to mention that in the description itself, I think.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kreimhild: So this is the sheet you've been working on? Lets see..

Endurance is a rare case where the stat is allowed to be this high considering Hillebrand sliced her to ribbons and she took a few minutes to actually full apart so it seems good. Alternatively you could lower it and give her Battle Continuation if you wanted.. Into the Blood is a pretty damn good personal skill and quite creative, Golden Rule i would give a minus modifier to match.
    Those Fated To Die

is alright and matches the nature of her death but I would include the imagery you provided later in the description. Also I'm kinda supprised you didn't mention Balmung in one way or another as she still had the sword when she was orchestrating all the death and destruction during the phase of her life (at the end) you've picked her as an Assassin - she sliced Hagen up and that other less important guy with it after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    dang you beat me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Wow, was that a slow reply on my part.
    I'm a ninja
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; September 23rd, 2016 at 01:29 PM.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post

i'm actually working on sheet like that actually, just need to finish with some details on it.

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    i'm actually working on sheet like that actually, just need to finish with some details on it.
    Holy crap, I've gotta' hurry! Though, I hope they're different enough that both can be put up...

US Friend Code
    most likely as mine is more focusing on his older aspect after Medea's betrayal rather then the inversion that's normal for Alters.
    Last edited by Iceblade44; September 23rd, 2016 at 02:00 PM.

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    Kreimhild: So this is the sheet you've been working on? Lets see..

Endurance is a rare case where the stat is allowed to be this high considering Hillebrand sliced her to ribbons and she took a few minutes to actually full apart so it seems good. Alternatively you could lower it and give her Battle Continuation if you wanted.. Into the Blood is a pretty damn good personal skill and quite creative, Golden Rule i would give a minus modifier to match.
    Those Fated To Die

is alright and matches the nature of her death but I would include the imagery you provided later in the description. Also I'm kinda supprised you didn't mention Balmung in one way or another as she still had the sword when she was orchestrating all the death and destruction during the phase of her life (at the end) you've picked her as an Assassin - she sliced Hagen up and that other less important guy with it after all.
    I based her A in Endurance on two factors. The first was as you said with surviving being hewn to shreds. Second goes in hand with Independent Action, in that she endured for 15 years after Siegfried's death + 7 more after her marriage to Etzel because of her grief. If not for that, she probably would have just laid down and died on the spot. Giving her Battle Continuation wouldn't feel right as she wasn't a fighter.

I didn't mention Balmung because this is her as Assassin. She doesn't have it. Even as a Saber, she wouldn't have it. Think something akin to Arturia's concealing of Excalibur, except instead of wind surrounding the blade it's actually vapors of steaming blood and she is only able to drop the effect when she unleashes her Noble Phantasm, whereupon it goes from a naked blade to, well, I'm imagining something like Unohana's Bankai from Bleach. To explain, in the story, Hagen had the sword the whole time and she only acquired it after he was subdued and used it to first behead Gunther, her brother, then Hagen after mocking him with the severed head. For Archer I just have it that she comes in possession of Volker's bow, the Fiddle. For that, there was a correlation between her singing talents and the bow singing whenever it was used.
    Last edited by Historia; September 23rd, 2016 at 10:37 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Went over to pastebin to update the main masterlist for. It's got all the servants from CaS 2 from as the OP hasn't yet been updated.

http://pastebin.com/R7VMXst5

Yeah, the class skills probably aren't right; I based them off bigblack's Kriemhild sheet cause it's the most articulate.

Class: Avenger

STR: D (C)
    END: D (C)
    AGI: C
    MGI: D
    LCK: C (D)

Class Skills

Avenger (A): Increases STR and END when Avenger is wounded or betrayed. Her high rank in this skill
    signifies the great and disproportionate revenge she carried out against those who killed her husband.

Oblivion Correction (B): Decreases prana cost while Avenger is contracted with her Master, but increases
    it when not contracted, as well as imposing a rank-down to LCK. An inverse of Independent Action, it is
    a fail-safe of sorts that ensures Avenger will only survive a few minutes at most without a Master.

Self Replenishment (Prana) (C): Increases the rate that Avenger absorbs prana from her surroundings.
    However, since it is a lower rank than her Oblivion Correction, this skill will not ameliorate her
    situation if she finds herself without a Master.

Personal Skills

Saint (A): Avenger is a saint in the Catholic and Orthodox Churches remembered for her proselytizing
    of Christianity to Eastern Europe. She was one of only five women in history to receive the title
    "equal-to-the-apostles", an honor given to saints whose service is so outstanding that they are
    comparable to the original Twelve Apostles. Avenger receives a rank-up to her Charisma.

Charisma (B): Suitable to rule a country. Avenger ruled with the support of her people for several
    years, all the while expanding and reforming Kievan Rus and eventually converting it to Christianity.
    She is also reputed to have considerable wit and charm, even catching the eye of the Byzantine Emperor.

Intoxication (B):
    The means of intoxicating a target through various means. Avenger can emit a fragrance
    of sweet wine that subtly invades the target's psyche; those with B-rank END or lower will quickly fall into
    a drunken stupor. This is redolent (pun intended) of Avenger massacring thousands of drunken enemies.

Equipment: Avenger carries a tome of baptismal sacraments and a decorative
    longsword, which, due to her status as a saint, is considered a Holy weapon.

Noble Phantasm

Musoroszhigatel~Flocks of Firebirds, Obliteration of Malyn (C++, Anti-Unit, Anti-Fortress)

The crystallization of the culmination of Avenger's campaign against the Drevlians. Upon surrounding the city
    the Drevlians sued for peace, and Avenger asked as tribute a bird from every house. Since there were birds
    aplenty in the rafters of the houses, this was a reasonable request to the besieged people and they eagerly
    complied. Now with thousands of pigeons and sparrows, Avenger tasked her men with tying pouches of sulfur
    to the birds and setting them free and nightfall. The birds returned to their nests in the rafters and soon
    enough, the entire city was engulfed in flames. Avenger gains the benefits of Familiars (Birds) at rank C,
    allowing her to command any flying bird by thought alone and without establishing a contract first. These
    familiars are her most dangerous weapons since at a moment's notice, she can call forth flames to envelope
    their bodies and transform them into dangerous projectiles. Though they remain ordinary animals, the fire
    gives them offensive capabilities that can cause serious trouble for an enemy Servant in great numbers. Each
    bird can also be sacrificed in a small suicide attack that causes a small explosion on impact. Naturally,
    they are perfect weapons against buildings and cities, with their small size, excellent speed and great numbers
    causing catastrophic damage. There is no upper limit on how many familiars Avenger can have, so eventually
    it would be more accurate to refer to her flocks as a mobile incinerator that reduces entire cities to ash.

"Perhaps 'revenge is a dish best served cold' does not apply here."

Background
    Olga of Kiev was the queen of Kievan Rus' (modern day Ukraine) who served as regent for her son and was
    venerated as saint for her efforts in spreading Christianity throughout the region.

Her husband, King Igor of Kiev, was killed by a local tribe called the Drevlians. Since her son was three
    years old, Olga became queen regnant. The Drevlians wanted Olga to marry their Prince Mal, making him the
    ruler of Kievan Rus, but Olga was determined to remain in power and preserve it for her son.

The Drevlians sent twenty of their best men to persuade Olga to marry their prince and give up her rule.
    She had them buried alive. Then she sent word to Prince Mal that she accepted the proposal, but requested
    their most distinguished men to accompany her on the journey in order for her people to accept the offer
    of marriage. The Drevlians sent their best men who governed their land. Upon their arrival, she offered
    them a warm welcome and an invitation to clean up after their long journey in a bathhouse. After they
    entered, she locked the doors and set fire to the building, burning them alive.

With the best and wisest men out of the way, she planned to destroy the remaining Drevlians. She invited
    them to a funeral feast so she could mourn over her husband's grave, where her servants waited on them.
    After the Drevlians were drunk, Olga's soldiers killed over 5,000 of them. She then prepared an army to
    attack the survivors. The Drevlians begged for mercy and offered to pay for their freedom with whatever
    riches they had left. She asked for a bird from each house, since she did not want to burden the villagers
    any further after the siege. They were happy to comply with such a reasonable request.

Then Olga gave to each soldier in her army a pigeon or a sparrow, and ordered them to attach by thread to
    each one a piece of sulfur bound with small pieces of cloth. When night fell, Olga bade her soldiers release
    the birds. So the they flew to their nests, and they were were set on fire. There was not a house that was
    not consumed, and it was impossible to extinguish the flames, because all the houses caught on fire at once.
    The people fled from the city, and Olga ordered her soldiers to catch them. Thus she took the city and burned
    it, and captured the elders of the city. Some of the other captives she killed, while some she gave to others
    as slaves to her followers. The remnant she left to pay tribute.

A formidable woman who wiped an entire people off the map as vengeance for killing her
    husband and for their complete lack of respect for her independence and her people.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; September 24th, 2016 at 04:44 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    Olga: Huh, I'd been thinking of doing a sheet of her for ages but never really had any motivation to write it up. In any case, your take on her is certainly well-done.

Alter Jason is officially in the works by the way. Should be posted up sometime either tomorrow or the day after, depending on how busy I get.