Page 301 of 858 FirstFirst ... 201251291296299300301302303306311351401801 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,020 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    She'd probably look up to him like woah. Given his awkwardness around women I could easily see Hugues taking up a very protective role to her and being discomforted by the idea of such a "beautiful, frail maiden" fighting on the battlefield. Pretty much like Shirou and Saber in the Fate route, only more "over-protective big brother" then "love interest".
    Yep, that's about right. Thanks for replying, by the way.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    Yep, that's about right. Thanks for replying, by the way.
    ...You're welcome!

Blog Entries
    Servant Class: Rider

True Name: Zhuang Zhou
    Aliases: Zhuangzi, Chuang-Tze

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Attribute: Earth

Strength - E
    Endurance - E (EX)
    Agility - E
    Mana - E
    Luck - D
    Noble Phantasm - A+

Appearance: He seems to be an old and frail man, very much the image of a Daoist sage. He wears dignified clothing that, much like him, presents a sense of age. While in many ways being the stereotypical aged Chinese scholar there is always the distinct impression of distance and surrealism around him. He carries no obvious weaponry and is almost always composed in his manner. Often there will be at least one butterfly in his immediate environment.

Personality: Little can be said on the personality of one whose very existence is doubted. He generally comes across as respectful but slightly condescending, but this is almost immediately overshadowed when one realises the absolute disbelief of his character. His fabled scepticism almost rivals Phyrrho and he shows absolutely no regard for anything he can decide is "appearance". This can even include the commands of his Master or attacks from enemy Servants, though when in danger he will likely take a more... practical, approach and avoid their attacks. Ultimately he is a mystery who is more of the concept of a sceptical philosopher than the possibly existent person, completely embracing a lack of care for worldly appearance. While he claims that he hopes for some kind of certainty in the world, and that this would be his wish for the Holy Grail, it seems possible that instead he would make his Noble Phantasm Zhuangzi consume the world, although he'd claim the world is already like this.

Dislikes: Authority, Certainty, Moths, Those who try to differentiate themselves from nature
    Talent: Doubt
    Natural Enemies: Alan Turing, Hugues de Paynes, Gottfried Leibniz, Soujuurou Shizuki

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance (False) (B): A skill which negates magic that is targeted at the Servant. Though this would usually cancel spells with less than three verses and aid in resistance against High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals this Servant possesses a skill which differentiates itself from regular Magic Resistance by merely distributing the directed magic into the surrounding environment. As such it isn't as strong as it initially appears.

Riding (D): Allowing the Servant to effectively ride any manner of beasts or vehicles, at this rank he doesn't ride with above average proficiency and only the more conventional creatures and vehicles can be used.

Personal Skills:

Information Erasure (D): The removal of information regarding the Servants true name, abilities and appearance from the records and memories of all eye-witnesses, including opponents, following the conclusion of an engagement. With this rank information on Rider stored in text will mysteriously disappear, additionally even the more exact records (such as video) becomes muddled and confused. Though quite a good deal of information is erased the surrounding environment still contains some evidence that could lead to the Servants true identity, although that may be difficult considering Zhuangzi having a distinct effect on the environment.

Independent Manifestation (A): An extremely powerful skill that permits an unsupported manifestation into reality, releasing their Master from mana expenditure. It grants the privileges of a confirmed existence, resisting time manipulation Thaumaturgy and the instantaneous imposition of death. It is usually reserved for Grand Servants or Beast class Servants but due to the unique nature of this Servant he is especially difficult to remove from the world once being summoned, and whether or not he was being summoned from the Throne of Heroes in the first place is questionable.

Noble Phantasm

Zhuangzi- How can one tell if one is now dreaming or awake (A+, Anti-Unit - Anti-World): A Heroic Spirit that was famous for a single book consisting of a series of allegories. Unarguably the most famous of these allegories was Zhuang Zhou Dreams of Being a Butterfly. It illustrated how difficult it was to tell the differences between appearance and reality, if there were such differences at all. The Noble Phantasm Zhuangzi passively leaks Mystery into the surrounding environment. Unlike those who are associated with the Root and naturally gather a large amount of Mystery like Shiki Ryougi, Rider leaks exponential amounts of Mystery from the Root into the World. The buildup of Mystery around himself vastly increases his defensive capablities, theoretically increasing his Endurance to EX due to the inherent power of Mystery. It is not true to say this makes him impossible to harm but towards the end of the Grail War it would require the strength of the King of Heroes to possibly breach his defenses. The Mystery is not only limited to accumulating within himself but also accumulates in his immediate environment, like water bubbling up from a spring. The effects that high concentrations of Mystery has on the environment initially seems harmless, but slowly stranger and stranger events begin to occur within this area, objects within it can become suffused with Mystery to the point of reaching Noble Phantasm level of power. Ordinary people will become Heroic Spirits and nothing needs to be said for the effects this can have on a Servant. However, this is all assuming you do not oppose the one who has control over this irregular Mystery. Those who Rider recognises as foe (which considering his personality is few) will find the air congeal like glue. The ground slips up beneath them as if it was a liquid and the Mystery of their weaponry and self leaks like a broken pipe. Rider also gains boosts to other parameters due to the small level of control he has over this ephemeral dreamscape, though it is not direct he can boost his agility and strength by expending large amounts of Mystery, his body exploding into a cloud of butterflies before crashing down onto a foe with a strength that is far too different from his appearance. However it should be noted that this Noble Phantasm is mostly ineffective apart from providing Rider with a effective defence if much time has not passed for the Mystery to suffuse the environment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I forgot to put this postscript in, sorry. I was surprised that I couldn't find a Zhuang Zhou Servant as he's the only possible Chinese heroic spirit I could think of off of the top of my head. This sheet is a bit of a mess and once again it's all based around a Noble Phantasm, still I hope that if someone does Zhuang Zhou in the future this sheet might help them a bit. Sorry to have wasted anyone's time who read this far, please have a nice day
    Last edited by sherlock1110; May 14th, 2017 at 05:48 AM.

Blog Entries

Class: Caster
    True Name: Uathach
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Attribute: Earth

Strength: C
    Agility: B
    Constitution: C
    Mana: A++
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: A+
    Legend

Dislikes: Untidiness, dogs
    Talent: Housework (she denies it), calligraphy
    Natural enemy: Stupid dog

Uathach is the daughter of the immortal warrior-queen Scathach, ruler of the Land of Shadows and tutor to heroes. In this sense, one may call her "Princess of the Land of Shadows". While her title and her pedigree are impressive on paper, she is no more than a housekeeper of the Land, tending to the more mundane concerns of her mother and the warriors who managed to become her mother's pupils.

Uathach appears in one segment of the story of the Irish hero Cu Chulainn. While she was courting the affections of another man, a young Cu Chulainn arrived at the Land of Shadows, seeking tutelage from Scathach. Through a certain mishap, Uathach's finger was injured, and Cu Chulainn was singled out as the perpetrator. Outraged, Uathach's lover demanded a duel from Cu Chulainn then and there. The halls of Dun Scaith rang with the sounds of their battle, until at last the unfortunate lover collapsed, killed by Cu Chulainn's hand. Dismayed by the needless death caused by this reckless young man, Uathach demanded recompense from Cu Chulainn for the damages he had caused. Cu Chulainn, being the cad that he is, flippantly responded with "Alright. I'll be your lover in his stead, if you'll have me."

Uathach's true relationship with Scathach is not of a mother and her natural daughter; rather, Uathach is Scathach's copy. In the same way that Sir Mordred is a clone of King Arthur, so is Uathach a clone of Scathach. The exact reason and methods employed are unknown, as the
    original
    mother
    is unnaturally silent about the matter. Because of this relationship, much of Scathach's own values, personality, and skills were inherited by Uathach, a fact that became problematic.

Uathach's journey as an inhumanly talented homunculus forced into accepting a human lifestyle is the exact opposite of Scathach's own journey from human life to inhuman immortality. However, because of Uathach's own immaturity and her own native viewpoint, she views the banality of her station as a curse, a burden unjustly cast upon her, who is talented beyond measure. In her naivety, she failed to take into account that the person she called "mother" might be longing for that very thing.

As a result, Heroic Spirit Uathach is always summoned with the goal of answering the question "Why did my mother allow me to stagnate?", marking her as a completed existence who still strives for self-actualization. A truly peculiar Servant.

Tactics

A Caster who is a proper mage, and not something silly like a playwright or a musician. Uathach employs runes as her main form of combat, laying them down with such speed and precision that an experienced battlemage would be surprised to learn that she uses Ogham, the Irish runic system, known to be too cumbersome to use in the heat of battle.

Uathach does not have a wish for the Holy Grail, saying "I'll think of it when it's there, okay?" Her main desire is to find out exactly why someone like her mother, who possessed an exceptional eye in seeing one's talents, allowed someone like her, who possessed boundless talent, to degenerate by being made a simple housekeeper.

Uathach possesses Scathach's characteristic coldness, although speaking with her reveals that she simply isn't practiced in the art of conversation, rather than emotionally distant like her mother. She understands that foremost of a Servant's duties is to guard their Master, so she frequently employs her runes for illusions, mental interference, and other defensive magecraft before going on the offensive.

As a side note, Uathach's battle compatibility with Cu Chulainn (except for the Berserker Alter form) is the absolute worst, being dazzled by him whether as an enemy or as an ally. It seems she also inherited her mother's precociousness regarding the opposite sex. Cute.

Skills

Territory Creation: A+
    Ability to secure an area for one’s territory. It is possible to construct a Temple, which is superior to a workshop. Additionally, it is possible to transform the secured territory to resemble the inhospitable Land of Shadows, but Uathach rarely makes use of this ability since her mother might get mad.

Item Construction: C
    Ability to produce magical items. Caster can create sundry talismans, amulets, and Mystic Codes.

Primordial Rune
    Ability that denotes mastery of runic magecraft that can no longer be performed by modern humans. Uathach specializes in the Irish runic alphabet, Ogham, which she acquired from her mother. Her skill in ogham allows her to inscribe runes almost instantaneously, something even her mother finds too bothersome to venture into.

Familiar (Hounds): B
    Ability to utilize animals as familiars. In this case, due to a certain association with the hawthorn, where hounds gather, Uathach may use dogs as familiars without the need for a contract. Furthermore, she can exert her influence over all canids, including lesser Monstrous Beasts, but at a decreased rate.

Pupil of the Haunted Realm: A+
    Ability to learn skills at an increased rate. A Skill that seemingly proclaims "Since you are the
    clone
    daughter
    of Scathach, you should be able to do this much". Servants, by definition, are fragments of Heroic Spirits selected at various points in their life, which implies that the items and abilities they possessed at the time they became a Servant are all they have when they are summoned from the Throne. This "cheat" skill defies that condition of a Servant, albeit temporarily, allowing Uathach to learn and subsequently display any Skill at B rank, except for those skills which may be considered burdens to the body, such as Divinity.

Noble Phantasms

Uathmar Crann
    Convocation of Hounds

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 5-30
    Maximum targets: 75 people
    One of two Noble Phantasms whose origins lie in Uathach's name. While some ogham letters were associated with trees (such as beith), the arboreal tradition tied all twenty letters to the various flora of Ireland. In this case, uath (Gaelic "terror") became linked to the hawthorn, where fierce hounds met, due to the tree's formidable (Gaelic "uathmar") thorns. Thus, Uathach, whose name means "the terrifying one", gained a connection to dogs and hawthorns, as well as a predilection for mental interference magecraft.

Once the true name has been invoked, Uathach radiates an aura not dissimilar to the melam manifested by Near Eastern divinities. This aura serves a mental interference attack, and all targets must make a Luck check to avoid being affected. If the check is failed, targets begin to experience wild, terrifying hallucinations, the intensity of which varies directly in relation to their distance from Uathach when the Noble Phantasm was invoked. The hallucinations stop once she ceases the use of the Noble Phantasm. Since the attack is purely mental interference, albeit of a high grade, immunity to Uathmar Crann's effects is possible through skills such as Protection of the Faith, Bravery, etc.

Geata na Scath
    Shadow Gate of Howling Terror

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 2-50
    Maximum targets: 200 people
    The second of two Noble Phantasms whose origins lie in Uathach's name. Hawthorns have a second interesting property outside of its relationship with Uathach: its relation to the faeries. The ancients regarded the hawthorn as a particularly sacred tree, embodied in legends such as that of the Glastonbury Thorn, a hawthorn tree said to have magically sprung forth from the staff of Joseph of Arimathea. Along with oak and ash trees, hawthorns were seen as portals to the faerie world, and thus proper respect had to be accorded to it, lest the unfortunate interloper be punished by offended fae.
    The role of the hawthorn as the door to the faerie world, as well as Uathach's role as the keeper of the Land of Shadows, was thus crystallized into this Noble Phantasm: a massive gate reminiscent of a black hole. Once the true name has been invoked, the gate appears and attacks all lifeforms in range, attempting to drag them into the dark depths beyond, instantly killing them. In order to resist the instant death effect, the target must make Mana and Luck checks; however, those that do pass the check are still rapidly drained of mana and take massive damage. While Uathach can choose whether the gate's targets enter or not, she cannot choose where the gate takes its victims. It is possible to select a location through precise calculations, but the determination of exact coordinates remains out of reach.

Notes

Happy Mother's Day. This was a sheet left mouldering for quite some time, as I couldn't properly articulate what I wanted Scathach's daughter to be. Originally, she was going to be more druid-y, complete with a rune NP like Caster Cu's, but I trashed that since it was to mainstream and went with what you see here.

Blog Entries
    Overall this is a really awesome sheet for a character I didn't really know much about. It does remind you that Cu is a bit of an ass sometimes though... The skills are well done and even though the links between the character and the first Noble Phantasm are somewhat thin that's no different from what Nasu comes up with, and the second one is most certainly befitting of the character

I've officially run out of ideas. Happy Mother's Day?

"What? I told you to wait for me before you summoned a Servant."
    "Well, the thing is, I'm not sure this is really a Servant."

Class: Berserker
    Identity: Heracles (Lily)

STR: C
    END: D
    AGI: E
    MGI: B
    LCK: B

Class Skills

Child's Innocence (A): A skill that replaces Madness Enhancement. Berserker is an infant, and as such is
    placed in the Berserker class due to having no concept of social constraint, culture or self-censorship.
    Like Madness Enhancement and Bravery, this skill negates mental interference up to an equivalent rank.

"Where did you get a baby?"
    "It's not mine! I wasn't even in town that week!"
    "What?"
    "We weren't even going steady!"
    "I think you're fixated on the wrong problem."

Personal Skills

Warm Embrace of the Milky Way (A+): Berserker was nursed by Hera, and drank so much of her divine
    milk that he acquired great strength and power. In addition, he enjoys the protection of Athena, patroness
    of heroes. STR and END are increased by two ranks each and fighting skills have already emerged.

Divinity (B): Berserker is a child of Zeus, the King of the Gods, and a mortal woman.

Blossoming Journey (EX):
    A blessing towards the babe who is destined to become one of the world's
    greatest heroes. Even as an infant, this is evident. His journey is filled with hope and wonder, and
    those who fight alongside him and protect him are more likely to succeed.

Equipment: Aside from his brute strength, Berserker keeps the corpse of a massive snake clenched
    in his fist. It is rather heavy, and he has somehow become quite adept at using it as a flail.

"This is... why would you let a child play with something so morbid?"
    "Don't start with me. You try telling him he can't play with his favorite toy."
    "It's starting to smell, that can't be healthy. Oh my, that's a strong grip..."

Noble Phantasm

Galanthis~Super Cute Magical Polecat Guardian (B, Familiar)

The reason for Berserker's current appearance is that it was the only way for his familiar to be summoned.
    Due to her circumstances, she did not ascend to the Throne of Heroes and so the only way she can manifest
    is by tethering herself to Berserker and being summoned as his Noble Phantasm. Even as a baby, Berserker
    still carries more fame than her, and since Galanthis is connected to him as the one who made his birth
    possible, this is the most expedient way to manifest in this world. Galanthis takes the form of a weasel,
    cursed to live as an animal by Hera and the Fates. However, Hecate, the goddess of magic, took pity on her
    and made the weasel her sacred animal. In essence, she made Galanthis her familiar, though to say she is
    "just a familiar" would be to claim Heracles is "just a baby". Time in Hecate's presence and tutelage has
    elevated her to the level of a Divine Beast. Though she had no magecraft experience, she has since learned
    enough to put her just below the level of some of Hecate's most powerful students, such as Medea or Circe.
    She is Berserker's guardian beast, using powerful magecraft to ward off any who would do him harm. She
    would surely qualify as a Caster in her own right if she was not bound to her master Hecate.

Background
    Before Heracles was born, Hera convinced Zeus to elevate a child of the line of Perseus to High King.
    After he agreed, Hera blackmailed Eileithyia, goddess of childbirth into delaying the birth of Heracles,
    so that his distant cousin Eurystheus was born first.

Eileithyia clasped her hands and crossed her legs outside the house of Alcmene, who was in labor with Heracles,
    preventing the child from being born. Alcmene struggled in pain, cursed the heavens, and became close to death.
    Galanthis, the red-gold haired servant of Alcmene, noticed Eileithyia and deduced Hera's plans. She told the
    goddess that the baby was born; this so startled Eileithyia that she jumped up and unclasped her hands. Alcmene
    was freed, and she was able to give birth. Galanthis laughed and ridiculed Eileithyia, and as a punishment was
    turned into a weasel. She continued to live with Alcmene after her transformation, thus initiating the practice
    of weasels being kept as household animals. The goddess Hecate, however, took pity on her and made the weasel
    her own sacred animal. When Heracles grew up, he built a temple to Galanthis and sacrificed to her; the practice
    of honoring Galanthis in Thebes lasted for centuries after.

Heracles was then brought up to Olympus by Athena, the protectress of heroes. Hera did not recognize Heracles and
    nursed him out of pity. Heracles suckled so strongly that he caused Hera pain, and she pushed him away. Her milk
    sprayed across the heavens and there formed the Milky Way. But with divine milk, Heracles had acquired supernatural
    powers. Athena brought the infant back to his mother, and he was subsequently raised by his parents.

The boy was just eight months old when Hera sent two giant snakes to kill him in his crib. Knowing no fear, he
    strangled one in each hand. Astonished, Alcmene's husband Amphitryon sent for the seer Tiresias, who prophesied
    an unusual future for the boy, saying he would vanquish numerous monsters.
    "Oh, you finally found a babysitter?"
    "Yeah, I left him in the care of the Mozart siblings."
    "You mean the musical Casters?"
    "Yeah, they love kids, and you know what they say: "Mozart makes babies smarter"."
    "But don't you remember what happened to that kid's last music teacher?"
    "Excuse me, I need to make a call."
    Last edited by Funderfullness; November 24th, 2017 at 10:27 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    Wow, that baby Herc sheet is amazingly creative. I think that babysitting job would be itself tantamount to one of the twelve labors...

- - - Updated - - -

Zhang Zhou: Hmm, maybe I'm a bit of a philistine when it comes to Chinese culture but I'd basically known nothing about this guy other then his butterfly statement (which I only had a vague inkling some Chinese philosopher had said). Still, this is definitely an interesting sheet. The NP is creative (even though the tie to his actual philosophy again feels a little tenuous) and he sounds like he'd make for an rather unusual (in a good way) character in a Grail War.

The only thing I can say is that I can't see a reason for him to be summoned as Rider. Even in his NP, there's no connections with 'riding' anything in particular, so Caster would seem a more fitting Class for him (as the standard Class for scholars, philosophers and the like). Also, what's with that extensive list of Natural Enemies? Seems rather unnecessary, especially since most of them (Turing? Payens?) don't appear to have any link to the man himself.

...And the only Chinese hero you could think of? Really? I'd expect one of the Three Kingdoms lads to come up first in that category, which is not to say you were wrong to search for someone more original, of course...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Uathach: Dang, I thought of making a sheet for her - even as a Homunculus Caster but I doubt I could do better as I probably would have been closer to that mainstream bit you managed to avoid. The whole thing is really solid and creative.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I really should stop with ruining this thread as these sheets are wasting people's time at this point. However I will defend the list of Natural Enemies as the only thing on the sheet that makes rational sense.
    Each person listed as a "Natural Enemy" of Rider (you're right, it's entirely the wrong class sorry) is someone who calculates (Turing, Leibniz), has a distinct faith that overrides appearance (De Paynes, Leibniz) or is Souji who just doesn't seem to care. They are characters who I believed would be effective against him. Sorry to have been a bother like this i'll just stop I'm sorry to have wasted your time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1110 View Post
    Sorry, I really should stop with ruining this thread as these sheets are wasting people's time at this point. However I will defend the list of Natural Enemies as the only thing on the sheet that makes rational sense.
    Each person listed as a "Natural Enemy" of Rider (you're right, it's entirely the wrong class sorry) is someone who calculates (Turing, Leibniz), has a distinct faith that overrides appearance (De Paynes, Leibniz) or is Souji who just doesn't seem to care. They are characters who I believed would be effective against him. Sorry to have been a bother like this i'll just stop I'm sorry to have wasted your time.
    Huh. It actually sounds like you put a fair deal of thought into that. Sorry for doubting you!

Also, no offense but can you please drop the self-deprecatory shtick? Your sheets may not be the greatest things since sliced bread, but they're not nearly as lowly as you seem to think.

And if your next post is apologizing for being so apologetic I will seriously shoot myself... (Okay, not really, but still)

Blog Entries
    So, I've been pondering writing up a St. Ladislaus Servant sometime after coming across him online. One legend in particular caught my eye of him apparently cutting apart a valley/mountain with his sword. Needless to say, this is totally badass and very much Noble Phantasm material, but I can't find any legendary sources on it whatsoever. The only source I could find was this book (as well as one by Jules Vernes, but the page in question appears unavailable for public viewing), which is itself completely unsourced and so hardly helpful (and googling Ladislaus in conjunction with the valley of Thorda gets me pretty much nothing of relevance).

At this point, I'm thinking it may not be even a real legend at all given the complete and total lack of any information, but it's intriguing enough that I'm still curious. Any help?

Blog Entries
    At this point, I'm thinking it may not be even a real legend at all given the complete and total lack of any information, but it's intriguing enough that I'm still curious. Any help?
    I don't think you know how to properly research a topic. Look for cited sources. Find those cited sources.

There's your information.

In my 5 minutes of searching, I found several, but they're all dated 1980s or older. If you want to know more about this guy, best to find a book detailing the lives of various Hungarian Kings (as those are where he's featured in those sources I mentioned)--he seems prominent enough to appear in one of them for more than 1 paragraph. Also, spin it, look up the history of Hungary and make him the representation of the people, or the country, or something, in the form of a Heroic Spirit. I dunno, that's all the help you're getting from me.
    Last edited by Historia; May 15th, 2017 at 08:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ymir View Post
    I don't think you know how to properly research a topic. Look for cited sources. Find those cited sources.

There's your information.

In my 5 minutes of searching, I found several, but they're all dated 1980s or older. If you want to know more about this guy, best to find a book detailing the lives of various Hungarian Kings (as those are where he's featured in those sources I mentioned)--he seems prominent enough to appear in one of them for more than 1 paragraph. Also, spin it, look up the history of Hungary and make him the representation of the people, or the country, or something, in the form of a Heroic Spirit. I dunno, that's all the help you're getting from me.
    Sounds like a fair amount of work but I'll think about it. Thanks for the advice in any case.

Blog Entries
    Similarily, because now I'm somewhat interested, I dug some more and found this: Midst the Wild Carpathians and The Slaves of the Padishah, both by Mór Jókai from the 1890s or so. It's a romance or something. A dude named Ladislaus is featured in each, as different characters, but whatever, one of them looks like he's a kick-ass hero, and well, here's the blurb at the beginning:

Quote Originally Posted by gutenberg, fuck yeah motherfucker
    Hungarians regard Az Érdély arány kora as, on the whole, the best of Jokai's great historical romances, and, to judge from the numerous existing versions of it, foreigners are of the same opinion as Hungarians. Few of Jokai's other tales have been translated so often, and the book is as great a favourite in Poland as it is in Germany. And certainly it fully deserves its great reputation, for it displays to the best advantage the author's three characteristic qualities—his powers of description, especially of nature, his dramatic intensity, and his peculiar humour.
    Az Érdély arány kora = Midst the Wild Carpathians, the first novel

- - - Updated - - -

So, take one of these characters--or both--and combine them into the Ladislaus king dude as one character. One representation.

Or just use the name itself, Ladislaus, as the embodiment of Hungarian heroes or something and just mash them all together because it looks like there are several running around who're related to Hungary's history, whether they be real or not, to create something good enough to be a 1-star tiered Servant in Grand Order.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a lot of work, you're just lazy.
    Last edited by Historia; May 15th, 2017 at 08:47 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Archer
    Sugawara no Michizane

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    STR: B
    END: D
    AGI: C
    MAG: B
    LUCK: D+
    NP: B

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (C):
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects prana, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancels spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Independent Action (C)
    : The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the mana supply from one's Master. At higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. It is both useful and troublesome depending on the disposition of the Servant and the rank of Independent Action. Acting in autonomy from the Master's mana supply, the Master can concentrate their own mana on large spells, or the Servant will be fine even in the case they can’t supply energy due to injury. The downside is that they can be harder to control and keep by their side, making the only true way to command them is by utilizing Command Spells. It is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for one day without a Master.

Personal Skills

Divinity (C):
    The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster or Demonic Beast raises. It can also decrease due to one's dislike for the gods. Those who have A Rank Divinity or above has reached the throne of a god. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called 'purge defence' in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig. Raised to the status of a god after his death, it is only natural that Sugawara no Michizane has this skill. It might be a lower rank than expected, but this is due to the presence of the Avenger skill; to strengthen one is to weaken the other, and Sugawara prefers to keep the two skills in a state of balance.

Avenger (C): Representing the state of an Avenger as one that gathers people's hatreds and grudges onto oneself. It is easier for one to accumulate loathing and resentment. When receiving damage, mana generation is increased. As one of the Three Great Vengeful Spirits, Sugawara possesses this as a personal skill, though it is weakened as he is not in the Avenger class.

Prana Burst (Thunder) (B): The increase in performance caused by infusing one's weapons and body with prana and instantly expelling it. Simply put, recreating the effect of a jet burst by expending large amounts of prana. With this skill, the expelled prana produces a lightning effect. By wrapping oneself in electricity, it becomes possible to flash across the battlefield in a clap of thunder.

Kami’s Blessing (A): The ability of one who has divine governance over scholarship. As the god of learning in the Shinto pantheon, Sugawara has the ability to instantly teach skills to others, so long as he has mastered the skill himself. He is especially fond of instructing others in the art of archery, of which he was a master.

Noble Phantasms

Dazaifu Tobi-ume
    Though Your Master is Lost, Forget Not the Spring

Anti-Army, B: The miraculous
    flying plum
    Tobiume
    , which, on the occasion of its master’s banishment from the Imperial Court, uprooted itself and flew to Sugawara’s new home. Ascending to the Throne alongside him, it now serves as Sugawara’s transportation and main Noble Phantasm. An elegant and beautiful plum tree with, naturally, the power of flight. It has become similar to a Divine Beast – a Divine Plant, and it has what Sugawara calls a ‘warp drive’; by absorbing prana and charging itself, it can tear across the land in an instant, arriving almost as soon as it takes off. It is a hardy being which can weather all sorts of blows, and its branches and roots will act to shield its beloved master as he rests in its canopy.

Fujiwara's Blood Curse
    Vengeful Kami’s Lightning

(Anti-Army, C): The reason Sugawara no Michizane became feared as a vengeful spirit, then revered as a god, the mysterious deaths of his adversaries by lightning strikes shortly after his death. Taking the form of his bow, he uses his arrows as guides for monstrous lightning strikes, even from clear skies. Seconds after his arrow hits a target, it will be struck by lightning capable of tearing up the ground and reducing flesh and bone to ash. Not as powerful as it first appears, as it is a simple curse, and as such is a magical effect, with all the weaknesses that implies. Synergizes well with Prana Burst, and Sugawara likes to charge the guide arrows with electricity, resulting in a double shock.

Lore
    Dislikes: Political schemes
    Talents: Poetry
    Natural Enemy: Fujiwara clan

A poet, archer, and politician of Heian-era Japan, Sugawara no Michizane is primarily famous for his political downfall and exile at the hands of the Fujiwara clan, after which he died in disgrace. Following his death, several disasters ravaged the land, such as plague and drought, the palace was struck by lightning and the emperor’s children died. Believing this to be the result of Sugawara’s vengeful spirit, he was enshrined as Tenjin, the god of scholarship and learning.

An eccentric, but fundamentally lazy, genius whose favourite pastime is composing poetry under the branches of his favourite tree, but who nevertheless keeps a sharp eye on proceedings as he lazes his (re)life away, directing philosophical musings towards anyone who bothers to listen. Due to his reputation as a vengeful spirit, he can be roused to anger faster than he’s proud of, and can be rather petty and spiteful. Another less tasteful aspect of his personality is his joy in teasing and tormenting people, identifying an insecurity and making pointed comments about it. As a scholar, he has some knowledge of magical techniques, but doesn’t claim to be anything more than a dilettante. As one of the Three Great Vengeful Spirits, he also qualifies as an Avenger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    It's not a lot of work, you're just lazy.
    Eh, maybe so. Don't really feel I have it in me to churn out another Servant right now, I was just spitballing ideas for the sake of it. In any case, I feel you're overthinking things a tad. I was intending to base the sheet off of the actual Hungarian king Ladislaus (with mythical embellishments, of course), not some weird conceptual agglomeration of all Hungarian heroes.

Blog Entries
    Eh, maybe so. Don't really feel I have it in me to churn out another Servant right now, I was just spitballing ideas for the sake of it. In any case, I feel you're overthinking things a tad. I was intending to base the sheet off of the actual Hungarian king Ladislaus (with mythical embellishments, of course), not some weird conceptual agglomeration of all Hungarian heroes.
    I know what you were doing. You wanted help. I gave you some.

Blog Entries
    I know what you were doing. You wanted help. I gave you some.
    Fair enough. I'll have to consider what approach to go with if I ever get around to doing the sheet.

Blog Entries
    There's really nothing constructive I can comment for this sheet as it's already really good. Both the Noble Phantasms are cool although I still have trouble understanding Japenese culture (flying Plum tree). Although I'm glad to see a teaching related Servant who isn't lawful in alignment.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hm... I've been thinking, since No-Name Assassin is a candidate but not an actual Hassan, is it still possible to summon the rejects in a Grail Wars like the Moon Cell Holy Grail War and the False Holy Grail War)? Let's just say I'm planning one of my sheets.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!