Page 6276 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 527657766176622662666271627462756276627762786281628663266376 ... LastLast
Results 125,501 to 125,520 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    What ranged fire? David is barely an Archer, we haven't seen how David can use Sacrifice and so in this case there's only really Balmung/Adam scream vs Garden beams/Phoebus Catastrophe/sniping. That's assuming Adam gets made quickly as well.

It's possible but improbable. Which says a lot about how stacked the Red Team was in the first place. And FGO memes aside, I don't see how Vlad is supposedly at a better advantage vs Achilles.
    I mean it says right there, incense blinds everyone before hellfire rains down on his enemies

Feels kinda similar to Phoebus Catastrophe, actually.

Not sure why David has this Noble Phantasm related to the sons of Aaron, but he does.
    Last edited by Zork Knight; May 1st, 2020 at 02:33 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I Can't Believe It's Not A NoblePhantasm View Post
    So we're handing Semi her NP which takes impractical amounts of time to build with tons of resources, but we're not allowing for a scenario that Avicebron is less picky about the core of Adam/ he actually gets a good homunculus with no delays? Balmung and Adam screaming> Phoebus Catastrophe by a longshot, so I don't know how this is relevant.

Achilles is reliant on 2 things: mobility and immortality. Both goes away with a single hit on his heel, which is unironically one of the easiest targets for Vlad to hit. Kazikli Bey also restricts mobility. It's a nightmare scenario for Achilles if they get him off his chariot.
    Semiramis and Avicebron both finished their NPs in a relatively short time apart from each other, so I don't know why you think that I'm not handing Avicebron Adam? Fact is in Apo Adam got finished after the Gardens, so hence the words "assuming Adam gets made quickly".

Ah yes, a nightmare scenario where the fastest Servant with an invulnerable shield and a speed boosting NP is getting attacked by stakes from the ground. I mean Vlad sure will have nightmares over not being able to do anything. And that's assuming they can get him off his chariot. Seems like you're doing quite a bit of what you accused me of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    I mean it says right there, incense blinds everyone before hellfire rains down on his enemies

Feels kinda similar to Phoebus Catastrophe, actually.

Not sure why David has this Noble Phantasm related to the sons of Aaron, but he does.
    I mean we haven't seen David use it to determine how effective it can be though. The NP description itself is pretty barebones as is to tell whether it's going to be effective vs the Gardens. So that's difficult to speculate about.

The Gardens can probably survive a anti-army hit and do just fine, even if it does either damage it or wipe out a lot of its surface defenses, honestly. I imagine a proper anti-fortress would do good damage however. Unless it's Excalibur or something I don't think it'd completely go down however?

Of course that's also assuming that such an attack hits it without mitigation or obstruction. Ritual Class/EX beams probably reduce a lot of damage and that's one of the big things about the Garden. Plus it's kind of like Assyrian Spirit of Motherwill when you think about it too.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean the Gardens supposedly did fine when Karna and Sieg were going at it inside it so I'm not sure what to make of its durability.

Semiramis and Avicebron both finished their NPs in a relatively short time apart from each other, so I don't know why you think that I'm not handing Avicebron Adam? Fact is in Apo Adam got finished after the Gardens, so hence the words "assuming Adam gets made quickly".
    It implies you're throwing a bone when giving both sides access to prep time is a fundamental. The implication is that Sieg doesn't get out of the vat and Jack is acting as a servant on the Black faction.

Ah yes, a nightmare scenario where the fastest Servant with an invulnerable shield and a speed boosting NP is getting attacked by stakes from the ground. I mean Vlad sure will have nightmares over not being able to do anything. And that's assuming they can get him off his chariot. Seems like you're doing quite a bit of what you accused me of.
    Come on.
    -Kaziklu Bey [Noble Phantasm]Lord of Execution. Lancer of Black’s Noble Phantasm. It can unleash a maximum of twenty thousand stakes in the territory he has set up with his skill “Demonic Defender of the State”. It can be used to attack, defend or regulate the movements of the enemy. Due to the being set up in Romania, the territory created by “Demonic Defender of the State” here is the largest of any Holy Grail War. Not only does the damage from the stakes pile up, they attack one after another with overwhelming numbers reaching twenty thousand, living up to Vlad III’s nickname “Lord of Impalement”.
    Though the power of each individual stake is low, they deal additional continuous damage through “penetration” for some time after even one of them is stabbed into the enemy. Furthermore, if his spear hits the enemy even once, it will cause stakes to be created from within the enemy’s body and pierce them from inside out. When this happens, nothing can be done, and the enemy will end up suffering in excruciating pain until they die.
    …Well, the fact that there was an unbelievable Servant who would circulate fire through his own body in order to incinerate the stakes within him was probably a miscalculation for Vlad.
    Vlad can create countless hazards for Achilles, can pretty much wall himself off from Achilles for defense, and, no matter what, he always has an angle to get his heel. I fail to see how "Vlad can't do anything." That's a gross oversimplification. What does his speed matter when his options become more and more limited and he's running towards things that can attack him. The shield isn't as relevant against Vlad other than shield-bashing the stake walls. Vlad doesn't operate on big attacks. He uses rapid-fire ones. Unless Achilles is surfing on his shield, I don't see how it helps him defensively.

Doing what I accused you of? It looked to me like you were trying to remove a problematic NP from the equation(including David's not just Adam). I'm simply saying that, with proper strategy, the Black side can deal with Achilles. Vlad can have an even match with Achilles if they're both on the ground. If a member like Siegfried or David were to take down Achilles's chariot, it can happen. Nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    The Gardens can probably survive a anti-army hit and do just fine, even if it does either damage it or wipe out a lot of its surface defenses, honestly. I imagine a proper anti-fortress would do good damage however. Unless it's Excalibur or something I don't think it'd completely go down however?

Of course that's also assuming that such an attack hits it without mitigation or obstruction. Ritual Class/EX beams probably reduce a lot of damage and that's one of the big things about the Garden. Plus it's kind of like Assyrian Spirit of Motherwill when you think about it too.
    The statements are that it can tank average anti-army NPs. If a higher-end anti-army NP tags it, it'd going to take damage. If Balmung has a direct hit, it's going to receive massive damage if not ouright destroy it. This is why I called the worst-case scenario a stalemate. If Semi attacks first, it's possible for the Black faction to let Adam tank the bast before a retaliation. If Semi just sits there, then you have the awkward situation where Balmung wouldn't, at best, do some damage. Unless, of course, Balmung deals with the spells, and David's the one bombarding.

- - - Updated - - -

It implies you're throwing a bone when giving both sides access to prep time is a fundamental. The implication is that Sieg doesn't get out of the vat and Jack is acting as a servant on the Black faction.

Come on.

Vlad can create countless hazards for Achilles, can pretty much wall himself off from Achilles for defense, and, no matter what, he always has an angle to get his heel. I fail to see how "Vlad can't do anything." That's a gross oversimplification. What does his speed matter when his options become more and more limited and he's running towards things that can attack him. The shield isn't as relevant against Vlad other than shield-bashing the stake walls. Vlad doesn't operate on big attacks. He uses rapid-fire ones. Unless Achilles is surfing on his shield, I don't see how it helps him defensively.

Doing what I accused you of? It looked to me like you were trying to remove a problematic NP from the equation(including David's not just Adam). I'm simply saying that, with proper strategy, the Black side can deal with Achilles. Vlad can have an even match with Achilles if they're both on the ground. If a member like Siegfried or David were to take down Achilles's chariot, it can happen. Nice try.

I mean the Gardens supposedly did fine when Karna and Sieg were going at it inside it so I'm not sure what to make of its durability.
    They weren't directing the attacks to the Garden. Think about what you're saying. It was also fine when Vasavi Shakti and Balmung clashed, despite VS having the power to incinerate the world, and Balmung was amped enough to match it. Hanging Gardens is no where near planetary-levels of durability. Also, Sieg effectively felt that he could one-shot the Garden if it weren't for the 11 spells.

The statements are that it can tank average anti-army NPs. If a higher-end anti-army NP tags it, it'd going to take damage. If Balmung has a direct hit, it's going to receive massive damage if not ouright destroy it. This is why I called the worst-case scenario a stalemate. If Semi attacks first, it's possible for the Black faction to let Adam tank the bast before a retaliation. If Semi just sits there, then you have the awkward situation where Balmung wouldn't, at best, do some damage. Unless, of course, Balmung deals with the spells, and David's the one bombarding.[/QUOTE]

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Uh, I think the expectation isn't that David uses Sacrifice directly against the Gardens, but against the people *in* the Gardens (or possibly their own ranged attacks).
    (ETA: I know that's what *I* was thinking of when I proposed this scenario.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Perhaps because he's the King of Israel?
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; May 1st, 2020 at 01:46 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Perhaps because he's the King of Israel?
    And this is an event from Leviticus related to priests not following proper ritual procedure. It's like if Saint George's spear was actually the Lance of Longinus.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Both of you are selling the other short.

Vlad is definitely dangerous to Achilles- ten thousand stakes that can rip their way out of any piece of Romanian land under you, and even fall from the sky, and even split off from broken pieces of other stakes, and stats boosted enough that he's able to fight Karna.

That said, Achilles at a run just sprinted right through an army, tearing to pieces golems way tougher than Vlad's wooden stakes. He's also fast enough that Chiron, who taught Achilles, and also has precognition, was barely able to keep up. So yeah, Vlad needs to get seriously lucky just to catch Achilles with the points of his stakes, and even then, unless they hit him directly in his heel, they're going to be as useless as nipples on a humvee. At most, he can put up lines of stakes pointing vaguely in the direction he thinks Achilles is coming from.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Doesn't Achilles just race through the stakes, since Vlad doesn't have Divinity in the first place

So either Vlad learns of Achilles' name/is really, really lucky

Yeah I know who I'm betting on

I mean you say fight Karna. But from F/SN we have it hammered into our heads that a battle between servants is a battle between Noble Phantasms. When one is being very active in the use of theirs and the other isn’t, that isn’t really a full out battle.

Also I’m not sure if there’s anything Vlad can do to survive the shield coming at him other than turn into Dracula. Giant world versus a bunch of stakes.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    SNIP
    Horrendous quoting and misreading aside, nothing is implied about Jack being with the Black team considering no one apart from me has said anything about Mordred possibly/or not being with Amakusa and company.

Yes, rapidfire attacks vs the fastest guy in the scenario is totally a great strategy. What's next, Amakusa will skydive from the Gardens like Tom Cruise? Regardless, I'm not seeing what this strategy for Achilles looks like other "X will take out Y and then he'll be manageable".

I don't get what you're saying about the Gardens there. Could you clarify? We see that the Gardens is fine with having Kundala vs Balmung clashes, both of which are standard strong big nuke style NPs. Admittedly, where they supposedly fight in the anime is already pretty difficult to distinguish.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Doesn't Achilles just race through the stakes, since Vlad doesn't have Divinity in the first place

So either Vlad learns of Achilles' name/is really, really lucky

Yeah I know who I'm betting on
    Yep.

But again, there are a lot of stakes, Vlad throws them around like water, and Achilles is a cocky boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    I mean you say fight Karna. But from F/SN we have it hammered into our heads that a battle between servants is a battle between Noble Phantasms. When one is being very active in the use of theirs and the other isn’t, that isn’t really a full out battle.

Also I’m not sure if there’s anything Vlad can do to survive the shield coming at him other than turn into Dracula. Giant world versus a bunch of stakes.
    Honestly, the shield is nowhere near necessary. This isn't a big NP scenario, there's no reason for Achilles to pull the shield, other than maybe if Karna came along with his anti-divine NP and attacked the two of them.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Admittedly, where they supposedly fight in the anime is already pretty difficult to distinguish.
    The Gardens has "its bigger on the inside" AOG magecraft on that room.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    The Gardens has "its bigger on the inside" AOG magecraft on that room.
    Really? So whatever happens there doesn't really have much of an impact on the Gardens as a whole?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Really? So whatever happens there doesn't really have much of an impact on the Gardens as a whole?
    yeah pretty much
    "We've arrived."
    On that exact note, Lancer of Red who was walking ahead stops. Opening a thick stone door, he leads the two into an excessively vast place.
    "This is --"
    The size of the dim room was obviously abnormal. The ceiling couldn't be seen and the ground seemed to continue forever. Most probably the space had been expanded with magecraft.
    Lancer of Red says, "We'll be causing considerable damage if we go wild here so Magus, stay as far away as you can."
    "...Ah"
    Caules nodded and moved away from them. Deep breath -- swear you won't look away.
    「ああ、もう着いた」
     ぴたり、と先を歩いていた〝赤〟のランサーが足を止める。重厚な石扉を事もなげに開き、その あまり
    に広大な場へと二人を導いた。
    「これは――」
     薄暗い部屋の広さは、明らかに異常だった。天井は見えず、果てなく平地が続いているようにし か思
    えない。恐らく、魔術による空間拡張が行われているのだろう。
     〝赤〟のランサーが言う。
    「此処ならば、オレたちが暴れたところで大した被害にはなるまい。魔術師、なるべく離れていろ 」
    「……ああ」
     カウレスは頷くと、彼らから出来得るだけ距離を取った。深呼吸――彼らから目を逸らすまい、 と誓
    う。
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    yeah pretty much
    That's pretty neat, thanks!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Robin Hood vs William Tell

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries