Page 349 of 617 FirstFirst ... 249299339344347348349350351354359399449 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,980 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    All this talk of what a 'true' magi would be like kind of reminds me of this short story I stumbled across once. It has a very magi-like character who definitely has an inhuman mindset and still manages to be interesting. Granted, not sure how it'd work to explore a longer narrative from that character's perspective...

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I'd say Marisbury fits more. Wodime is a tad too human. Just a tad, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

月日は百代の過客にして、行かふ年も又旅 人也。 Benderesco's Avatar
    I always get lost when people start talking about Grand/Order.

Is there a reliable cliffsnotes version of G/O's story anywhere? I can't stomach gacha games, and even just "watching" the story segments somewhere is not exactly pleasant, since I find the game's writing to be extremely poor, based on what I saw before bailing out. Or has the writing quality been markedly improved? That would be a pleasant surprise.

US Friend Code
    It took a big leap around the America chapter when they realized "oh wait people are actually playing this let's put some effort in."

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Hard to say.

We don’t actually really know anything about Billy tbh.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Marisbury is a bit tricky because we don't have a lot of insight on him and mostly just have what other people have said about him.
    What he did to Mash was pretty magey though.

Well, what is a magey act?

I feel we all have slightly different thoughts on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    It took a big leap around the America chapter when they realized "oh wait people are actually playing this let's put some effort in."
    I believe I got that far - was it already out around 2018? That's when I started - and stopped - playing.

US Friend Code
    Hmm

I guess not caring about who you have to hurt along the way as long as it gets you to the Root? But as I'm typing this I remember that, while as far as we know he didn't care about the children in the experiments, Marisbury's goal wasn't the Root. So I dunno.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benderesco View Post
    I believe I got that far - was it already out around 2018? That's when I started - and stopped - playing.
    If you played on the Japanese server then yeah the America chapter had been out for years by then. On the English servers it came out March 2018.

JP Friend Code
    Personally America didn't wow me, I think the ones that I felt were really good for part 1 were Camelot, Babylon & Salomon, and like with those they are easy to kind of catch up on since they have/going to have animations.

I wish I could be like one of those people that go "man gacha just isn't my thing"

America sucks.

I always get lost when people start talking about Grand/Order.

Is there a reliable cliffsnotes version of G/O's story anywhere? I can't stomach gacha games, and even just "watching" the story segments somewhere is not exactly pleasant, since I find the game's writing to be extremely poor, based on what I saw before bailing out. Or has the writing quality been markedly improved? That would be a pleasant surprise.
    People make summaries out of the JP version, but I don't think anybody really makes cliffnotes version, because who would even read those. All the
    tertiaries
    major casuals
    already get their piecemeal information from people posting their reactions to stuff/datamines on reddit/discord/4chan and then proceed to make up some headcanon based on that and all the misinformation that's spread during chapter releases. Those people aren't gonna read cliffnotes because they already have their headcanon. Then there are the ones who wait for summaries, and they obviously don't want just cliffnotes when they can have summaries. And the people who read JP don't need them.

Honestly the only such thing I've seen were like "joke" summaries way back, but as you might guess, those aren't exactly accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    Alice is pure magus.
    Alice relationship with Soujuurou is not very magus-like
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Blog Entries
    What does magus-like refers here, what is mage-y, how do one became a pure magus, what is the ideal magus supposed to be like

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    bingo
    when the dissonance hits
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Well, what is a magey act?
    To reach the truth is the ultimate goal of all mages. They don't have any desire for petty things like the meaning of life. All they want is to know the shape of pure truth. They are that collective of people. Those who abandon self in order that they may gaze upon their souls --- the multitude who can never be rewarded for their efforts. The world calls them mages."
    Araya. What I regard as the idealistic transcendent being is a hermit. Staying by themselves alone in a mountain, doing nothing even though they possess immense power and knowledge ---. I always admired such a way of existing. But when I realised what had happened I could no longer go back. A day when I can reach that state will never come to someone so full of greed like me. That, is what I believe.
    You see, Araya. A mage always lives hurriedly. What for? If it was for themselves alone they wouldn't bother with the outside world. So why do they intrude upon the rest of the world? Why do they rely upon it? What will they achieve with that power? What will they save with the Ars Magna? If that was the case it would have been better for them to become a king instead of a mage.
    You think people live foully, but you yourself would not be able to live like that. You would not be able to live while accepting the fact that you know that everything is worthless and base. You would not be able to live without the pride of knowing that you alone are special, and that you alone can save this crumbling world. Of course, I was like that too. But that sort of thing has no meaning.
    Lastly --- As a mage called Aozaki, she asks of Araya a few questions.
    "Araya, what do you wish for?"
    "True wisdom."
    "Araya, where will you look for it?"
    "Only, in myself."
    Definitely not what Araya was doing
    Last edited by You; May 9th, 2020 at 07:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    If you played on the Japanese server then yeah the America chapter had been out for years by then. On the English servers it came out March 2018.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    Personally America didn't wow me, I think the ones that I felt were really good for part 1 were Camelot, Babylon & Salomon, and like with those they are easy to kind of catch up on since they have/going to have animations.

I wish I could be like one of those people that go "man gacha just isn't my thing"
    Thanks! Yeah, so I believe I did get to the America chapter. I will take a look at the animated adaptations, but it is looking more and more like F/GO and I simply don't mix. Maybe I will have to accept the role of the clueless weeb that only consumes certain TM works and draws a blank whenever someone mentions Grand Order.

Regarding the gacha point, what can I say. I've always been viscerally opposed to microtransactions; I don't even get near games that feature them prominently. Gacha games make it even worse with the gambling aspect, which I loathe even more (if a game has loot boxes that are relevant to the gameplay, I don't play it, period). Gacha is essentially the cristallization of the things I hate the most in gaming; the only reason I even tried Grand Order was because my love of Type-Moon was powerful enough for me to at least give give the game a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    America sucks.

People make summaries out of the JP version, but I don't think anybody really makes cliffnotes version, because who would even read those. All the
    tertiaries
    major casuals
    already get their piecemeal information from people posting their reactions to stuff/datamines on reddit/discord/4chan and then proceed to make up some headcanon based on that and all the misinformation that's spread during chapter releases. Those people aren't gonna read cliffnotes because they already have their headcanon. Then there are the ones who wait for summaries, and they obviously don't want just cliffnotes when they can have summaries. And the people who read JP don't need them.

Honestly the only such thing I've seen were like "joke" summaries way back, but as you might guess, those aren't exactly accurate.
    Thanks! Makes sense. I found some summaries in a quick search, but can't really find it in me to read them. Consuming summaries of a story you aren't interested in is essentially work.
    Last edited by Benderesco; May 9th, 2020 at 08:24 PM.

Honestly I just prefer to read some of the singularities on youtube since there's compilation of them, I don't wanna play a gacha as Im 1. Poor + 2. Have poor impulse control so.....

Oh I also read Mats, I comm'd both salieri and Ivan from banana

To this day i never played FGO.

All i know is due to youtube

Based on the questions threads conversation

I get pissed on the whole 'servants are pages of a book' since it just feels like nasu desperately trying to get people to accept his philosophy and ideas, hell it sounds like a magi rationalization which fucking makes me laugh.

Then you got the whole 'servants are bound to there story' which is blatantly ignored 99% of the time for very good reason, remember the time gil didnt have the potion of immortality? remember that? cause I sure dont

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean part of Gil's story in Fate is that he's got the originals/prototypes of everything as the first HS. So going back and getting the herb isn't exactly in conflict with that. And I've not seen much that suggests it's "blatantly ignored", more that you don't seem to have connected some dots.

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    I mean part of Gil's story in Fate is that he's got the originals/prototypes of everything as the first HS. So going back and getting the herb isn't exactly in conflict with that. And I've not seen much that suggests it's "blatantly ignored", more that you don't seem to have connected some dots.
    So do you think he should be able to use it? also stop with the sniping

Do you not see the issue here? if servants are bound to there story then shouldnt he at least not be able to use it? since thats a huge part of his myth that he lost it to the serpent, since karna was the person to say it in the same game that they are bound to the story.

I do know how it works, and yes it is in conflict if he wants me to believe that, at least give me some lipservice on GoB superseding that

I mean that goes against the point of the concept of character development, you know like fate route saber? medea, hell emiya thing was that he changed in character post becoming a heroic spirit
    Last edited by Byegod; May 11th, 2020 at 04:48 AM.