Page 213 of 782 FirstFirst ... 113163203208211212213214215218223263313713 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries

Rider - Nikita Kozhemyaka

Tentative Appearance

Class: Rider
    Titles: N/A
    **True Name: Nikita Kozhemyaka
    Alignment: True Neutral

Background/History
    Nikita the Tanner, or Nikita Kozhemyaka and sometimes named Elijah, was a young man, or at least young enough to be unmarried but be out of apprenticeship, of humble origins. He wasn’t ambitious or looking for adventure, danger, or fights.

He was looking forward to marrying the Miller’s daughter Nastasia in a few seasons, when he was dragged from his house and workplace to appear before Prince Volodymir. The Prince informed him that his daughter, Zabava, had been taken by the dragon Zmey Gorynych a month or so prior. Just the day earlier the Prince got a message from her upon the feet of a pigeon saying that “Only the tanner from Kiev named Nikita can slay Zmey Gorynych, in the beast’s own words.”

Unwillingly recruited on this quest, Nikita did as he was told, despite being terrified and forced into it all. He was also trying to figure out if the dragon was full of it and just picked out a random name and job.

Eventually he was dropped off a few yards from the cave of the dragon, armed with a club, sword, and axe and garbed in mail. He wasn’t sure what compelled him to take steps into the cave, but he did, dropping two of the weapons in favor of the club.

What followed was rather shocking to all three involved: Zabava had no clue how to respond to watching a dragon like Zmey getting beaten like a highwayman victim, Zmey was certain the plain man in front of him was an angry angel sent to destroy him, and Nikita was staring at the bloody club in shock.

Choosing to try and plead with the man, Zmey proposed a deal to Nikita: alliance and world conquest. Without missing a beat, the adrenaline still flowing and his sense of self-preservation at an all-time low, Nikita made a counter-offer: first they would plow the border of their halves of the world.

Zmey ended up Nikita’s plow-horse for the deal, at least for a while, before the tanner decided enough was enough and guided the dragon into the sea - drowning the beast.

Zabava offered her hand in marriage to the tanner, but Nikita gave her to her father, before going home, marrying Nastasia, having two sons and a daughter, and never speaking of it again to anyone.

The fact that the legend is so well known likely stems from Zabava’s vindictiveness against the man who dared scorn her offer of marriage.

After Nikita’s death, a disobedient son-turned-knight by the name of Dobrynya Nikitich was said to be the one to slay Zmey Gorynych.
    -Note: Slavic/Russian/Ukrainian in origin.

Strength: C
    Endurance: D
    Agility: C+
    Mana: D
    Luck: B

Noble Phantasm: C

Equipment: A simple club with Anti-Dragon properties. Nikita has no clue either; he just uses it.
    -Note: Comparable to a C-rank Heroic Spirit weapon (equal to Rider's Strength).

Class Skills

Riding - The ability to ride beasts and vehicles. If the Servant has a Noble Phantasm which works as a steed, etc. the Riding skill’s rank has to match the rank of that Noble Phantasm for the Servant to be able to use it.
    **EX- - Rider is able to ride things outside the realm of reason - and Dragons. In the case of this specific Rider, he didn’t ask for this.

Magic Resistance - The ability to cancel or diminish the effects of magecraft used against oneself.
    **C: At this rank, rank of spell is lowered by two and E rank spells are nulled.

Personal Skills

Presence Concealment - The ability to conceal the Servant's presence, granted usually to the Assassin Class.
    **D: At this rank, the ability hides one's presence as a Servant. This is suitable for spying as long as sudden movements are not made.

Harmony- Attack accuracy does not decrease no matter how many times the same technique is used against the same opponent.
    **B: At this rank, target is unable to fully anticipate and react to attacks.

Bravery - The ability to cancel mental interference such as pressure, confusion, and mesmerization.
    **D: At this rank, the Servant is resistant to generic mental interferences, and any mental interference is lessened.

Noble Phantasm

**змей Горыныч - Imprisoner of Princesses, Plow the World
    Type: Support, Anti-Unit

Zmey Gorynych is the green, three-headed, fire-breathing, mismatch-limbed dragon that Nikita bludgeoned and then drowned. Normally a dragon would be outside the realm of possibilities for any Heroic Spirit to Ride, but because of the cause of death for Zmey, he is cursed to be Nikita’s mount as Servant Rider. Nikita thinks that Zmey is the curse. They don't like each other, but for different reasons.

A plow drags behind him and can be used as a weapon; should there be a body of water - pond or larger - Nikita feels compelled to once again drown Zmey. Both agree it would be a mercy, but Nikita resists this urge.

In battle, however, Zmey is quite effective, though he does better against single targets - females especially. Despite his mismatched limbs, he can move rather quickly - comparable to a speedy tank. As his own being, he can resist commands from Rider’s Master, but fears Rider greatly, and so obeys.

-Note: Nothing below C Rank, unless holding Anti-Dragon properties, can kill Zmey - except Nikita drowning him.
    He can be dismissed and summoned by Nikita at will.

xxxxxxx

Another fun one!
    Remember: he didn't ask for this.

@G-Man: It's one of the Skills listed for the Ashaverse RP, and I decided to use it for Arda because he was a warrior prince and he used a statue to kill. I don't think it's outside of plausibility, at least.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; January 16th, 2013 at 06:36 PM.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @G-Man:

I get what you're saying about the Noble Phantasm, but you to remember that the critique you layered on his Noble Phantasm can be applied to the 4th War's Assassin as well. I'd wager no Master can possibly resist the curse of the arm of Shaytan. Except Kotomine, but dude's heart was made of Grail Mud. Actually, the same thing applies other Servants' Noble Phantasms as well, such as Gae Bolg. Pfft, what's to stop Cu, with his agility, noted to be of the strongest even amongst Lancers to run up to a Master, use Gae Bolg and then bolt away with Disengage?
    Besides, the pulling into the shadow isn't instantaneous even without resistance - while emerging from the shadow to finish pulling in an enemy Master, he is vulnerable to attack. The only person the technique binds during its execution is the target. And it's mana intensive. Consuming a Servant's existance is not easy. Most of the time, Assassin would only get enough Mana back from it to compensate for the amount he had to use and a little more.
    And as noted in the description, shadow leaping isn't cheap. It's an ability that Assassin derived from the Daeva and not a natural one for him, so it has a high prana cost when it comes to skills that scales drastically with longer distances and repeated usages.

As for Dishonorable Tactics, it is called that because honestly I couldn't come up with a better name. It is only meant to represent how he has some degree of expertise with all of the hidden weapons he uses. I couldn't just strap on Projectiles B, Swords C, etc for most of his weapons. I could have not added that skill at all, but since it's a fairly important part of his fighting and assassination style, I felt it should be present in some way.

@Lyco

Bahahaha, he sounds like he'd be a pretty reluctant fighter, actually. I like his sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    @Lyco
    Bahahaha, he sounds like he'd be a pretty reluctant fighter, actually. I like his sheet.
    You have no clue how much fun I had writing the sheet up, dood. XD
    Glad you like it. ^^

Harmony+Club= lulz.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    Harmony+Club= lulz.
    Heh, yeah. XD
    Intentionally done, and not entire unjustified; it's never quite explained how Nikita bludgeoned Zmey. So I took some artistic license.
    The combination is a good one. :3

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I did some retouching to my Sir Ywain profile, mostly changing one of his NPs, because it was too lame. I think I want to take another look at Faran Baru, but first, the Rider I promised.

Introduction

I run. I can only run. There is no other option but to run.

This is my choice. There is no fear, or much of anything else. I run because it is what I have chosen to do and what I believe I must do. There is no longer room for hesitation. It has to end, today. Before Tohsaka or the Einzberns or the people from the Clock Tower make it here, we must put a decisive end to this.

The last Command Seal on my hand will be the weapon that ensures this.

Ayaka…I have to catch up to Ayaka. There is no way she can stop her sister on her own!

I cannot waste time looking back. I have to ignore the chill in my heart after leaving Masamune alone to fight Saber. I can only hope Caren…

“It will be fine,” I hear myself murmuring even as my reinforced body darts past the trees. “Everything will be alright—”

“Oh, please allow me to disagree.”

I urge my body to stop, and it responds with frightening celerity, as if terrified of the consequences of taking too many steps to come to a halt. My heart beats painfully quickly, and it is no longer the demands of long-distance running.

This feeling…! My body, it’s already shivering!

This person! Why is this person here!?

“In fact, I would say things will be as far from alright as possible. For you, I mean.”

Its form glides along the fallen leaves, never making a sound. He emerges from behind a tree, and its lean and disturbingly pale appearance can only make me feel disgust and horror.

This thing, this thing, this thing, this thiiiiiiiiiiing!!!

“RIDEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRR!!!”

“Indeed. Truly, your perceptive capability deserves utmost commendation.”

Everything, everything, everything in this world! I would give everything in this world to remove that smirk off his disgusting face!

I’m afraid, and I have every reason to be afraid, but this time the fear can’t overcome this unstoppable anger…! This monster, this monster that calls itself a Servant, is the reason behind everything…!

But, this monster was supposed to be dead…!

“Why…why are you still here, Rider!? How can you be still alive!?”

He chuckles, with that dastardly voice of his that give me the creeps. Damn it, I don’t want to even look at him…!

“The Grail, Emiya Shirou. The Grail wishes for my existence.” His disgusting smirk grows wider and wider, wider than ordinary facial muscles should allow. It’s utterly disgusting. “It wants to pour its contents throughout the world, Emiya Shirou! It’s the ever-flowing chalice of earthly delights! The plentiful womb that wishes to give birth! And I am its envoy!”

“Damn you, Rider…!!!”

“Rider, Rider, Rider…” It sighs, sounding almost disappointed. “I believe Lancer told my true identity, did he not? Before he died, that is.”

Bastaaaaaaaaard…!!! Lancer died…! Lancer died before my eyes because…!!!

“You…you killed Luvia, you bastard…!”

“I killed an enemy Master or two, yes.”

How dare he!?

This feeling….! This burning feeling in the corner of my eyes! These are tears of rage, Rider! These are the depths of my anger! Never…! Never have I hated another person the way I despise you…!

“Sakura…! How will you justify Sakura…!?”

“She was in the way. She and her pathetic grandfather. Tch, tch, tch, really; that family was beyond pitiful.”

It has to stop. His mockery, his callow dismissal of the lives he has taken so brutally…!

“Then, Berserker…?”

“Getting rid of the remaining Servants for me as we speak, of course.”

I feel myself gritting my teeth with rage that must be contained. I cannot act recklessly before this monster. Even as he mocks me with his disgusting smirk, I can feel the expanding presence of his prana enveloping the place, and his right hand effortlessly holds that massive mace, blacker than any shadow. He is ready to fight, and he wants to kill me as much as I want him dead.

Damn it, if only I knew what Caren is up to…!

…no.

Regardless of the circumstances, there is not really a choice for me to make.

I want to fight.

Even if it’s ridiculous, a human against a Servant, I want to fight this monster! This is the extent of my hatred!

“It’s your fault…Luvia is dead…”

“Yes, yes, we already went through that.”

Shut up.

“And Sakura…”

“…and that too. Hard to believe as it is, your mind is actually slower than usual today, Emiya Shirou.”

Shut up…

“And Ilya…”

“Now, now, the homunculus is alive. She is needed to manifest the Grail, after all.”

Shut. Up.

“And because of you, Masamune’s fighting her own Servant right now…! She’s fighting, with tears in her eyes…!”

“That she is. Really, I wish I could be there. To see the look on her eyes when she realizes her words will never ever reach him again.” A calm chuckle. “From personal experience, that single, definite realization of hopelessness…” His nostrils expand as he dramatically and exaggeratedly inhales, as if relishing in oxygen that is wasted on him. “…you just cannot get tired of it.”

“SHUT UUUUUUUUP!!!”

I am only vaguely aware of the swords coming into shape in my arms. I cannot think of nothing else but to attack the one before me like I have become some sort of rabid beast.

My reckless, suicidal charge ends before it can even start.

It comes out from the ground under his feet. Hideous beyond compare, grotesque beyond words.

I have seen them before; the worms in the basement of the Matou residence. But the one in front of me eclipses them all in both size and grotesqueness! It could barely fit in the dojo at my place!

So this is it! The reason he is “Servant Rider”!

“This is my ‘mount’, Emiya Shirou,” he says, smirking as ever only now on top of the most disgusting and bizarre of dais. Countless tendrils of black flesh swirl around the monstrosity’s phallic form, each of them ending in a spear-tip. This monster is no mere prana leech; Rider’s mount is a true killing weapon.

“Consider it my final gesture towards the victor of the fifth Heaven’s Feel,” Rider declares before a round of low-pitched chuckling.

He does not need to bring this thing out to kill me, of course. Still, I must survive. I must find a way out of this situation. With everything on the line, I must make it past Rider…

Wait for me, Ayaka!

Class: Rider
    Master: Sajyou Manaka
    True Name: TAXMA URUPA

Height: 189 cm
    Weight: 84 kg

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Appearance: A tall man with the frame of a pugilist, not a weaver of spells. His skin is unnaturally white, too white to even be called an albino. It is monstrously white, like chalk or the cleanest ivory. In the same way, his pupils are unnaturally black. They are not deep brown; they possess the same murky blackness that hides his body like a grim reaper’s cloak. The tattered cloak flutters as if subjected to the whims of an nonexistent breeze. He wields a large and heavy mace seemingly made of black stone with unnatural luster.

Strength B
    Endurance C
    Agility C
    Magic A++
    Luck B
    Noble Phantasm D+

Class Skills:
    * Magic Resistance: Grants protection against magical effects.
    B – Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected. Rider’s resistance to magic was claimed to be of the highest level, but it has in fact been degraded by Angra Mainyu’s corruption.
    * Riding: Expertise to ride animals and vehicles.
    A+ – Creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Personal Skills:
    * Battle Continuation: The strength of vitality for predicaments. Also, the ability to withdraw from combat and reach allied territory alive after being defeated.
    A+++ – As long as the Heaven’s Feel ritual remains inconclusive, Rider will be restored by the Grail, no matter how many times he is destroyed or how much damage he takes.
    * Independent Action: The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the prana supply from the Master. At the higher ranks it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without a established contract.
    A+ – Servant can remain in this world indefinitely even without a Master, but only as long as the Grail exists. Furthermore, in order to activate his Noble Phantasm, it is necessary to first acquire an extra supply of prana from alternative sources.
    * Ruination: The skill to build upon one’s power by bringing ruin and desolation to others. It may involve either empowerment via destruction or the mystical debilitation of targets—or both. An advanced curse that can be overcome with powerful magic resistance or a powerful moral foundation.
    A++ – The Servant’s mere presence instills terrible feelings of despair and hopelessness, for he is an agent of the end times. Skills that rely on concentration and/or a steadfast mind suffer at least a single Rank-down, and all offensive Noble Phantasms experience Rank-down to their damage output, unless they are rank A or higher Phantasms with a Holy attribute. Furthermore, the Servant can gain Rank-up to physical Parameters when surrounding by powerful taint and evil.

Noble Phantasm:
    Spoiler:

Angra Mainyu
    All the World’s Evil

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: --
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

Formerly the Divine Spirit from Zoroastrianism, Angra Mainyu. Upon being summoned by the corrupted Holy Grail, the Noble Phantasm has become something closer to an ‘interface’ between Caster and the tainted Greater Grail. In exchange for its nigh-limitless power, Taxma Urupa becomes the instrument of the Grail’s wicked will.

The original Noble Phantasm, Angra Mainyu, was a minor and mostly useless power of rank E. It automatically shifted the Servant’s soul towards the ‘Evil’ alignment, corrupting its prana at the most fundamental level, even after the Servant loses its form upon destruction. Angra Mainyu has assimilated Taxma Urupa’s renowned powers over demons and distorted them into a capability to conjure all sorts of creatures of shadow—Imaginary Numbers. They are given shape by Taxma Urupa’s imagination but powered by and brought into the world by the Grail, and thus Caster spends only a modicum of prana to ‘establish the connection’ that allows the creatures to manifest. However, this same indirect connection that allows the shadow familiars to come into existence so easily also limits how much power they can be imbued with. The resulting creatures are rather weak to any and all magical damage, and thus Taxma Urupa is forced to rely on quantity over quality. This does not change the fact that, as creatures of the element Shadow, they can inflict particularly extensive damage on spiritual entities such as Servants.

Of course, the ultimate manifestation of Taxma Urupa’s Noble Phantasm would be materialization of the curse, “Angra Mainyu”, in the form of a mount. As in the legend, the Zoroastrian evil takes the form of a colossal black worm, disturbingly reminiscent of the Matou Crest Worms in shape. The rank of the Noble Phantasm does not match the frightening toughness of this unholy monstrosity; the worm beast moves at a tremendous speed for its size, and it can vomit a veritable tidal wave of black mud brimming with taint.

Ttkaēssha daēvȧŋhō
    Progress Born from Darkness

Range: 1-10
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

According to the legend, Taxma Urupa brought knowledge to humanity which allowed the flourishing of civilization. This knowledge came not from himself, but from the very demons which he defeating with his mace and spells. Writing, weaving, animal husbandry; all these things he learned from the Daeva. His Noble Phantasm reflects this by allowing him to claim any one Skill of an enemy he defeats, as long as this enemy is not killed. For the purpose of this Noble Phantasm, loss of consciousness, admission of defeat or submission to Tahmuras count as conditions for its activation. Taxma Urupa gains the Skill at a rank one lower than that of its original possessor, who does not lose the Skill himself.

Setting Notes
    Spoiler:

The third Shah of the world according to Ferdowsi’s Shahnameh, known as Tahmuras or Tahmurat in Old Persian. He is renowned as a great inventor and the one who taught mankind how to weave wool, domesticate poultry and train hunting animals, among other things. He was a great ruler who protected the lands from countless demons, binding them to his service with his potent spells and crushing those he could not subdue with his heavy mace. But his greatest achievement was undoubtedly the subduing of the very source of all demons, the vile Angra Mainyu, embodiment of the world’s evil. It is said that Taxma Urupa defeated it and made it his slave, even reshaping its form into that of a great steed for him to ride. However, the same tale states that the imprisonment only lasted three decades. After thirty years, Angra Mainyu managed to fool Taxma Urupa into releasing the magical bindings that contained the vile spirit’s power, and the vengeful entity did not hesitate to swallow its former captor whole.

How it must have been, to live in the company of the manifestation of supreme evil for thirty whole years? The legend does not go into details, but it is not hard to guess that suppressing Angra Mainyu’s power for so long must have been a titanic endeavor. How must Taxma Urupa’s life have changed after that battle in which he first subdued the Divine Spirit? How difficult must have been to even stand in the same room as the vile thing, constantly exposed to its presence? How hard he must have fought, every single day, to dismiss the wicked whispers of the devilish spirit. That it took all of thirty years for the king’s mind to break under the unceasing pressure of Angra Mainyu’s constant presence speaks volumes of his greatness and his force of will.

But he fell in the end, and he is no longer the great virtuous king. Rather than Taxma Urupa, he is more of a particularly skilled and independent “appendage” of Angra Mainyu. Once he rejected all the world’s evil. After being swallowed by the beast with a thousand faces, he now revels in it, believing the eternal, inchoate nature of evil to be the fundamental truth of this world. He exists for no other reason than to do evil and spread evil throughout the world. It’s as simple as that.

Keywords
    Spoiler:

Ruination – The effect of Ruination is stronger the closer a person exposed to Rider is to a Lawful Good alignment. It can be resisted by Skills such as Magic Resistance (resistance to curses), Bravery (a will that does not bend in the presence of absolute evil), Protection of the Faith (belief as a moral foundation that protects against corruption) and Divinity (an otherworldly nature that rejects earthly influences). Mental Pollution does not work as a defense in Taxma Urupa’s case because his corruptive power comes from Angra Mainyu, which itself contains all sins, all phobias, all perversions and all forms of madness. In one way or another, it will connect with the warped mind of a Servant with that Skill.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; January 17th, 2013 at 02:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    Jesus, that's some serious villain material there. <,<
    Good job Daneel.

@ Lyco - ROTFLMAO!! He's perfect! I love how you gave Nikita and Zmey this sort of sarcastic comedy duo-vibe (they both agree drowing Zmey again would be a mercy)! I can just picture the two of them throwing out one-liners and tsukkomi on all the strangeness of the Grail War! The only question is why he would even answer the summonings? Maybe his wish is to be removed from the Throne so he can be reuinted with his family in the afterlife (sucks for him, given this is the Nasuverse, but he doesn't know any better)?

@ YeOfLittleFaith - Lancer has to run up to the Master, charge up Gae Bolg, use it, and then flee all before the enemy Servant guts him (assuming the enemy master is even near his/her Servant or out in the open), and there is Kirei's orders for him to scout but not defeat enemy Servants to take into account and the fact that lancer would prefer fighting the Servants themselves to ganking the Masters (he's only participating in the first place because he wants a good fight). Fact is, Lancer pulling that off is unrealistic.

Zero Hassan could indeed have taken out many Masters, but he was ordered to scout alone and then ordered to suicide. He'd have been a nightmare if Kirei had actually wanted to win with him.

That said, you Hassan being slow to pull in even Masters makes it much more balanced, but it still doesn't stop him for teleporting, shanking the Master with something poisonous, then fleeing. Surely the drain isn't so severe that he can't pull off two teleports of his maximum range in succession, or is it?

@ Daneel - Yikes! I actually feel sorry for the guy given he was originally a good person. I thought the Grail summons a Heroic Spirit from their prime, so shouldn't Sakura have gotten Taxma before he was swallowed by Angra Mainyu, or did he get corrupted again due to her connection to the Tainted Grail?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    @ Lyco - ROTFLMAO!! He's perfect! I love how you gave Nikita and Zmey this sort of sarcastic comedy duo-vibe (they both agree drowing Zmey again would be a mercy)! I can just picture the two of them throwing out one-liners and tsukkomi on all the strangeness of the Grail War!
    Indeed.

The only question is why he would even answer the summonings? Maybe his wish is to be removed from the Throne so he can be reuinted with his family in the afterlife (sucks for him, given this is the Nasuverse, but he doesn't know any better)?
    Pretty much, yep. *nods sagely*
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @G-Man: With an ideal, clean Grail it would be possible to summon the original Tahmuras in all his majesty. After the Third Grail War, however, the only one you get is the evil one. I made a profile for evil!Taxma because, well, after a plethora of nice, cool Heroic Spirits, I just wanted to build a pure, no-fucks-given villain this time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    @ YeOfLittleFaith - Lancer has to run up to the Master, charge up Gae Bolg, use it, and then flee all before the enemy Servant guts him (assuming the enemy master is even near his/her Servant or out in the open), and there is Kirei's orders for him to scout but not defeat enemy Servants to take into account and the fact that lancer would prefer fighting the Servants themselves to ganking the Masters (he's only participating in the first place because he wants a good fight). Fact is, Lancer pulling that off is unrealistic.

Zero Hassan could indeed have taken out many Masters, but he was ordered to scout alone and then ordered to suicide. He'd have been a nightmare if Kirei had actually wanted to win with him.

That said, you Hassan being slow to pull in even Masters makes it much more balanced, but it still doesn't stop him for teleporting, shanking the Master with something poisonous, then fleeing. Surely the drain isn't so severe that he can't pull off two teleports of his maximum range in succession, or is it?
    Point taken. What I meant to point out was that his Zabaniya isn't the only overpowered Noble Phantasm in existance.

Had Kiritsugu summoned Zero Hassan the War would've been over within the day. <,<

Well, my Hassan could probably pull off two quick uses of it without his reserves dropping to very low amounts, yeah. Though, as for the shanking, every Assassin could potentially do that if they were used smartly. There are 6 other classes - wait until 2 or more other Servants are engaged in battle and preoccupied, approach with Presence Concealment, shank/stab their Masters with Darks, run away, rinse and repeat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Had Kiritsugu summoned Zero Hassan the War would've been over within the day. <,<
    Or Fate/Extra Archer.
    ...which there's fanart of.
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Aaaand another Vedic Servant! Sahadeva and his twin brother Nakula are like the Mahabharata's Sacchin. The Javanese version gives me more to build his name on, but the only major mention of him in the original (in my copy at least) is when he battles and killed Shakuni in the Kurukshetra War. Well, at least it's still more than Nakula. Isn't it sad, Nakula?

Oh, in case someone's wondering why the picture said 'Sadewa', it's the common way to call his name in Java.

============================

Sahadeva
    "Don't ask me why, just do it. Believe me."

Image (c) t-rob @ deviantart

The youngest of the Pandava, and the wisest man of the era.
    Born from Pandu's second wife Madri, Sahadeva and his twin Nakula are the last of the Pandava. However, being last doesn't necessarily mean they are least; both are master swordsmen, and while Nakula is more skilled in mounted combat, Sahadeva is a talented practitioner of magic especially in exorcism and divination. So talented is Sahadeva in magecraft, that he is said to have already known the outcome of the whole Kurukshetra war. Fearing that the knowledge would fall into the wrong hands, Khrisna sealed this knowledge, binding it to a curse that will kill Sahadeva should he divulged that knowledge. This, in turn, makes Sahadeva a deliberate, alert, and meticulous man who considers every single step in his way. Meanwhile, there are also people who sought Sahadeva for his prowess in exorcism...

Possible Class: Caster, Saber (stats given as Caster)
    Master: ???

Parameters:
    * Alignment: Neutral Good
    * Noble Phantasm: B
    * Strength: D
    * Endurance: C
    * Agility: B
    * Mana: A
    * Luck: D

Class Skills:

* Territory Creation B
    (Caster-specific class skill)
    This skill represents the skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus. At this rank, Sahadeva can construct an adequate Workshop.

* Item Construction D
    (Caster-specific class skill)
    This skill represents the skill to manufacture magical items. While Sahadeva has little use of manufacturing magical items, he acknowledged the importance and can still make them in adequate quality. He mainly makes protection and good-luck talismans.

Personal skills:

* High-Speed Divine Words A
    This skill represents the power to activate Thaumaturgy without the use of Magic Circuits. It takes the form of the language of the Age of Gods, back when words played a heavy role in spellcasting. As such, it is power long lost by modern magi. At this rank, High-Thaumaturgy-level Magecraft can be cast at the speed of Single-Action spells by Sahadeva. His skill mainly lies on divination and exorcism spells, although his divine lineage grants him better inborn abilities on healing-type spells.

* Eastern Witchcraft EX
    This skill represents the ability to use the Dakini heavenly methods of magic. It includes methods to discern one's time of death and secret arts to obtain influence, such as methods to attain status and fortune (for men) and methods to gain the favor of influential individuals (for women). Sahadeva is an adept in this skill, and he can accurately divine any future event down to the hour. However, Khrisna's curse still prevents him from disclosing any outcomes directly pertaining the Holy Grail War he is summoned into, although it does not prevent Sahadeva to act according to the result of his divination. Of course, acting on such vague intuition begets questions from others but Sahadeva usually shrugs it off unless absolutely necessary.

* Instinct A
    This skill represents the power to "feel" the most favorable developments for oneself during battle. At this rank, Sahadeva possesses a refined sixth sense close to true precognition as a result of his alignment to and practice of divination magic. He also gets a bonus effect of reducing penalties caused by obstructed vision and hearing by half.

* Divinity A
    This skill represents the measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster, Demonic Beast raises. It can also decrease due one's dislike for the gods. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith. Although known as the prince of king Pandu of Hastina, Sahadeva is actually the child of Madri from the Ashwini Twins, by way of the Adityahredaya mantra that allows a god to grant an offspring to a woman.

Noble Phantasms:

* Suddhamala [To Whom Evil Shall Perish]
    Anti-Unit
    Target: 1
    A divinely-forged sword that was given by Uma to Sahadeva for his efforts in exorcising a curse within the goddess. Its blade is made from gleaming silvery-white metal, and its golden hilt is beautifully decorated. In the Caster class, this phantasm takes form of a dagger with low actual damage; however, should Sahadeva is summoned into the Saber class, this phantasm will manifest as a stronger, more damage-inclined longsword of A+ rank.
    This phantasm's main ability is to cleanse evil. Evil-aligned opponents will be dealt more grievous damage when struck with this sword, and it can imbue Sahadeva's magical attacks with this property as well if used as an additional focus in casting them. This phantasm can also be used as a tool in exorcising evil spirits or curses from a person. Exorcisms performed by Sahadeva does not conform to The Church's standards, however.
    Last edited by Gunbazca; January 24th, 2013 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Eastern Withchcraft EX; adds Instinct A.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gwrhyr, Interpreter of Language

Class: Caster
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Parameters

Strength: C
    Agility: C
    Endurance: B
    Mana: A
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: A

Personality
    Gwrhyr can best be described as a living contradiction. He almost never speaks what is on his mind, rather always saying what is best to be said in the situation, and yet at the same time he dislikes lying, making conversations with him become full of pauses at times should have have not already thought out what he will say. He also understands necessity, and so while he will never lie to other he will not tell them all they need to know. While having a sense of honor he also excels at planing and manipulations such as blackmail, often causing him to hate himself for what he has to do to compete in something like a Holy Grail War. The only place he finds serenity is with the honesty of animals, making him often spending his time speaking with birds and small mammals he happens to come across.

Class Skills
    Item Creation: C
    While capable of creating magical wards and potions, due to his primary magical skill being shapeshifting all the items produced will serve the same purpose.

Territory Creation: NA
    Gwrhyr lacks the mentality of a magus and has no need for a workshop.

Personal Skills
    Interpreter of Language: A
    A skill which has taken his title as a name; in life Gwrhyr was known for his ability to speak any language even those of animals. Due to the influence of his legend stating he knows all languages when he is summoned as a servant he appears processes the skill to use the unified language, allowing for advanced hypnotism and telepathy. In truth he is simply highly convincing and utilizes his magecraft through his voice, capable of manipulating people with ease to the degree the effect is hard to replicate for even the most powerful mages from the Age of Gods.

Shapeshift: A++
    Gwrhyr is highly skilled in Shapeshifting, being capable of not only changing his own form but the forms of others (however this is easy to resist if one is capable and therefore not an effective offensive attack). In addition, when in the forms of animals he will be near impossible to detect due to the perfect nature of the transformation.

Noble Phantasm:
    He Who Asks -The Great Emissary of Animals-
    During the quest to locate Olwen, Gwrhyr first asked for directions from the Blackbird of Cilgwri. That bird sent them to the Stag of Rhedynfrc, who in turn passed them on to the Owl of Cwn Cawlwyd, who passed them on to the Eagle of Gwernabw, who finally sent them to the Salmon of Llyn Llw.

As his noble phantom it allows him to ask for aid from any of these beasts, each one having different capabilities and are close to the level of a phantasmal beast. In addition he is able to see through their eyes should he desire.

The Blackbird possesses a level of Presence Detection, allowing it to recognize danger and warn Gwrhyr.
    "Oh protector of Cilgwri, please warn me of all danger that prowls the night"

The Stag has high offensive and defensive power, allowing it to fight off enemies should Gwrhyr require aid.
    "Great guardian of Rhedynfrc, protect me from those that wish me harm"

The Owl is capable of seeing large distances, in night, and though solid objects, as well as determining the true nature of people (however it will often not disclose this information even if asked)
    "Watcher of Cwn Cawlwyd become my eyes so that I might learn what is hidden from me"

The Eagle is a supreme hunter that is very difficult to detect, and even then it travels at high speeds to attack its foe, normally masters.
    "Hunt them down from your place in the sky, great hunter of Gwernabw"

The Salmon has no offensive, defensive, or support capabilities. It is instead incredibly intelligent, surpassing even some of the smartest humans in history, as well has having knowledge from throughout history due its great age.
    "Wise one of Llyn Llw, share with me your knowledge from time eternal."

Notes:

• While his skills are very effective at deception he personally dislikes it greatly, having often said in life, “Who practices deceit will be deceived.”
    • He dislikes the methods of those who practice magecraft, and therefor has a high chance if being in conflict with his master unless he/she is reasonable and/or is an unconventional magus that forgoes some methods or practices.
    • He prefers to negotiate, forming alliances with others, rather than fighting in a free for all. However he knows that people are normally untrusting and is not afraid of using his skill Interpreter of Language to give them a slight ‘nudge’ in the right direction.
    • He believes that he is not suited for this war, and that any other of his comrades would fare much better. He however knows better than to show weakness.
    • He is basically an honest chessmaster, he gives people information to gain their trust and arranges conflicts in which will allow him to eliminate masters with his NP or simply get close enough in animal form to give mental suggestions, however he will never deceive others and if asked he will either answer honesty or not at all.
    • Has been edited to to prevent him from having the unified language, people where right when saying was too powerful with it.
    Last edited by Knick; July 24th, 2013 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Blog Entries
    Due to the influence of his legend stating he knows all languages when he is summoned as a servant he processes the skill to use the unified language, allowing for advanced hypnotism and telepathy.
    Wut. No. On multiple levels.

Type: Support, Offensive, Defensive
    Quite apart from giving it three separate types, none of these are actual NP types.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wut. No. On multiple levels.
    Its actually very plausible that legends can alter the abilitys of summoned servants, with it actually being cannon that multiple facets of a servant being capable of existing (good and evil aligned sabers in the 3 HGW), or servants having nps that didn't actually exist for them in life (isksander, fate/zero assassin having multiple bodies, etc). Legends have power, and beliefs can be made into fact within the existence of heroic spirits so its not impossible to make the leap for someone said to 'know all languages' to also know the unified language.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Blog Entries
    Generally to an insignificant degree, and when it's not, it tends to be because that it's degraded them. If it were possible to give someone the Unified Language who lived millennia after its time (and your underestimation of UL is one of the levels of 'no') would require that they had incredibly wide-spread fame for linguistic talent. Gwrhyr isn't world-wide famous by any stretch. He's not known to a significant level around Britain, and even Wales would be asking too much. No, completely beyond my suspension of disbelief.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Any critique on Sahadeva?

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Blog Entries
    @Gunbazca: I do like his Skill descriptions and the picture you use for him is fine enough, but his lone NP's kinda underwhelming. However, as you said his role in the Mahabharata is admittedly relatively small (plus Class-related reasons), so I can understand why this would be the case.

Giving him an EX-Rank didn't bother me at all, though that's mainly because I don't take stats all too seriously.

I'd rate him maybe 6/10, 7/10 to be fair.

I always pictured Sahadeva and Nakula as sort of a dual-summon, like those Sabers in the Third War (wait a minute...).

Blog Entries
    After making a few edits to Mary's profile, I decided to try my hand at a more traditional Saber.

And possibly show a poor command of Arthurian lore in the process.

faceclaim

"Shut your mouth, cur! The only one who can speak ill of my brothers is me!"

Name: Sir Agravain the Arrogant, Orkney's Hard-Handed Knight
    Class: Saber (Alternate Classes: Lancer)
    Alignment: Neutral Evil

STR: C++
    AGI: C
    CON: A
    MGI: B
    LCK: D
    NP: B

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance
    Grants protection against magical effects.

• B: Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.

Riding
    The capacity to ride mounts and vehicles.

• B: Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts. A rank one would expect from a Knight of the Round Table.

Personal Skills:

Envious Disposition
    An unpleasant skill, associated with those who cannot abide the happiness and prosperity of others. Parameters may be increased against opponents that draw the Servant's ire.

• B: Strength is increased by one rank when attacking opponents of a Lawful alignment. For all his attempts to commit himself to the code of chivalry, Agravain never overcame his intense envy for his brothers, or any honorable and brave warrior.

Knight of Vengeance
    Temporarily raises offensive power when avenging others or one's self.

• B: Whether he be avenging a blow against himself or the besmirching of his Master's honour, as long as his attacks are motivated by vengeance Saber will receive an increase to his Strength equal to a single rank. Agravain, like his siblings, played his part in perpetuating the feud between the children of Lot and those of Pellinore.

Innocent Monster
    A skill for one that had his past distorted because of the image that was born from his behavior in life. Both abilities and appearance may be transformed. Incidentally, this equipment (Skill) cannot be removed.

• D: While it is true that Agravain was villianised in later editions of Arthurian lore, with his occasional shows of compassion and good will being downplayed in favour of emphasising his arrogance, he was still an intensely envious knight that quarreled with his brothers and played a role in the fall of Camelot. This skill merely affects the perception of others and encourages them to view him in a more negative light.

Noble Phantasms:

Name:
    Spark of Camlann
    A Knight's Treachery Must Not Go Unnoticed

A crystallisation of Saber's legend, Spark of Camlann is a simple Noble Phantasm that only requires the fulfillment of two conditions to activate. First, Saber (along with whatever allies he may have) must first determine an enemy Servant's true identity. After learning their name, Saber only needs to confront them and speak it aloud for Spark of Camlann's power to manifest. The first, and most immediately obvious, effect is that every other competitor in the Holy Grail War will become aware of the enemy Servant's identity. This is a Noble Phantasm built upon the concept of 'revealing the opponent's secrets to all' that cannot be negated or prevented by most normal means; as long as the target lacks the ability to erase the information and the recipients are capable of receiving it, this Noble Phantasm will succeed. After Agravain and Mordred revealed the secret of Lancelot's affair, it became impossible for anyone to deny the truth of the matter.

The second effect of Spark of Camlann is in essence a representation of how revealing Lancelot's affair with Guinevere set into motion the events that would bring about the fall of Camelot. It takes the form of a curse that slowly but surely damages the relationship between the enemy Servant and his Master. While this can be mitigated by the Servant's actions or resistance to curses, and more or less negated by a sufficiently high rank in Charisma, it is still a curse that won't be broken even should Saber be killed.

In the event that an enemy Servant intentionally reveals their identity to Saber, he may still use the first application of this Noble Phantasm, but its second ability will be sealed.

Name:
    Horn of Newcastle
    Summons to the Field

There was once a knight by the name of Druas the Cruel, who called the Hill of Wretches his home and made a tradition of slaying every knight that dared intrude upon his domain. Upon this horn, he and his brother Lord Sorneham of Newcastle made a vow; that should it be blown, Sorneham would know that his beloved brother had been slain, and would immediately ride to the hill to strike down his killer. Agravain, having stumbled upon the hill after finding one of his fellow knights run through, was the one to ascend the hill and kill Druas. Then, despite being warned by the cruel knight's manservants, he decided to blow the horn and also strike down the knight's brother.

Beckoned by the power of the horn, Sorneham was forced to leave his bed despite being severely wounded and, unable to answer his son's pleas for him to stop, went out to do battle with Agravain.

In the absence of Sorneham, blowing the horn will force a target of Saber's choice to come out into the open and duel him. Rather than physically forcing them, the horn's power is a form of mental Magecraft that 'alters the target's line of thought to Saber's liking', making it difficult to even notice its effects, nevermind resist them. Any injuries or prior engagements the target may have are also ignored; as long as they are able to move they will feel the urge to answer the horn's call. In addition, the horn receives an increase in power under the right conditions. Should the target be of a Lawful alignment, or one who follows a strict code of honour, it becomes much harder to resist the horn. Against one who meets both conditions, nothing short of a Command Spell will prevent the target from engaging with Saber.

There is, however, a downside to using the horn. Unbeknownst to Saber when he first used it, the Horn of Newcastle also weakens the one that blows it, which allowed Sorneham to defeat him with ease. Upon blowing it, a randomly chosen parameter will be reduced by one full rank. Because of this, it is best used against hidden enemies that will likely lose to Saber if forced into a head-on battle, or those who are attempting to recuperate.

Name:
    Bond of Orkney
    A Knight Does Not Leave His Brother Behind

A blessing that embodies the bonds of the seven children of King Lot; a power that shows despite all their quarrels they would oft work for each other's benefit. In essence, this Noble Phantasm's power is recreating instances of the Orkney children working to help one another, and its effects thus differ depending on the user.

For Saber, it takes the form of a red aura that covers his person, and draws its power from a time in which Agravain was imprisoned in a tower by Sorneham, and was saved by his brothers Gareth and Gaheris. For each of his six siblings, he may six times invoke this blessing to escape from confinement. In this case, 'confinement' is defined as any scenario that Saber is unable to escape alone. Thus, it can be used to both retreat from combat or even flee from something on the level of a Reality Marble, making it a valuable ability indeed.

Of course, should he be put against one of his siblings, one of these uses will be sealed.

Detail:

Second-born of the five knights of Orkney, brother to Gawain, Knight of the Round and insufferable traitor.

While he was a fairly talented fighter with both sword and axe, and possessed a fine beauty that earned him the love of many maidens, most sources agree this is the end of his virtues. Agravain was spoiled, arrogant and intensely self-centered. He lacked the good knightly virtues of chivalry and mercy and fiercely envied those that did. He treated women poorly and his own brothers even poorer, and in the name of his families feud against Pellinore's children he struck down the great knight Sir Lamorak. His further misdeeds include the murder of Dinadan and the abduction of a Welsh princess. But worse of all, of course, was his role in exposing the affair between the perfect knight Lancelot and the king's wife Guinevere.

However, Agravain was not necessarily the monster most see him as. He remained loyal to Arthur when his father turned against the king, once offered to fight on the behalf of Gawain, and even showed compassion to Palamedes. And, while he oft opposed his brothers, it would be short-sighted to say he simply hated them. To start, Agravain loved his brothers. While he envied them for how well they could play the role of a knight compared to him, so too did he love them. He adored and admired his brothers for being what he could not be; idealistic and hopeful while he was pragmatic and cynical.

It was not until Gaheris murdered their mother Morgause for sleeping with Sir Lamorak that things began to change; while he had no great love for the woman, Agravain could not shake the feeling that his brother had betrayed his faith in him. Indeed, while he initially fostered a hatred for just Gaheris, this soon grew into an intense loathing for the code of chivalry that had led his brother to kill Morgause but leave Lamorak alive.

Finally, he turned his loathing against Sir Lancelot, the 'perfect knight' that Gaheris and Gareth had tried so intensely to emulate. In Agravain's view, Lancelot had lead his brothers astray and made them into something inhuman. Thus, he leapt at the chance to expose his treachery alongside Mordred and was cut down by the target of his hate.

Summoned by the Grail, Agravain's words are as hard as his hands, and his personality is hopelessly brash. At the same time, he is quite fun-loving, and is sure to entertain his Master one way or another. He indulges in the art of 'trash-talking', love a good fight and loves the defeat of his enemies even more. He holds no regrets for his role in Camelot's fall, and even claims that he plans to wish for Lancelot to be given an honourable death before he ruins the kingdom.