Page 257 of 782 FirstFirst ... 157207247252255256257258259262267307357757 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,140 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    ++ is x4. Each plus doubles. Yes it's preposterously broken. C++ = 30x2x2 = 120 > A+ = 50x2 = 100
    No. Go back two pages. Look at the Image blackfield posted. Realise your error.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Shiiiiiiiiit how the hell have I been reading it wrong all these years.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Shiiiiiiiiit how the hell have I been reading it wrong all these years.
    You might have been infected with I3uster's wrongness ability. Visit a doctor.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was correct, here and in many other cases. Stop spouting lies, you filthy liar. Liar.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Except on your update timetables.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quality takes time.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    So does abject failure, apparently!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    You know you're only supposed to say that about things the post you're responding to left out, right? It sounds really silly when somebody is like "Don't forget to always keep some bananas with you, they're a good source of potassium if you ever have to revive somebody with hypokalemia and the only person who knows where their pills are was hit by a shrink ray!", and then right after you chime in with "Oh, and also, don't forget to always keep some bananas with you!"
    But in the end, it turns out he was asking for NP triple pluses, not skills. So alls well that ends well.

夜属 Nightkin
    So all this discussion about +++ has me thinking, how would A--- work?

Also can a single skill/parameter have both a + and -?

Say you take a penalty when it is nighttime, but a bonus against dragons, and you are fighting a dragon at night?

Would the order matter? Is A+- different from A-+?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I don't think anyone knows what minus means.

If it's just the opposite of + which doubles it, then A+- is the same as A.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'd suppose the minus is a situational thing. Like say, a blade losing it's edge against those of divine blood or something like that.

夜属 Nightkin
    Based on how the math works out, I am pretty sure A+- is 1.5 times as strong as A (the minus subtracts half the original value, the plus adds the original value, this gets to 1-.5+1 which is 1.5), assuming it can even be a thing.

Also I guess this would mean that no matter the rank, -- would render it null.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by firloz View Post
    the minus subtracts half the original value
    Sure, bud, whatever you say.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by firloz View Post
    Based on how the math works out, I am pretty sure A+- is 1.5 times as strong as A (the minus subtracts half the original value, the plus adds the original value, this gets to 1-.5+1 which is 1.5), assuming it can even be a thing.

Also I guess this would mean that no matter the rank, -- would render it null.
    This is some voodoo math yo.

You should write the next materials book.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Spoiler:

“Sherlock Holmes”, The World’s Most Famous Detective
    Ruler (Saber)
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Dislikes: unbalance.
    Talents: polymath, especially investigating.
    Natural Enemy: those who hide secrets of vital importance.
    Image Color: Black (inverness cape)

STR: D END: C AGI: C MGI: E LCK: A NP: B

Background:
    ------------

Sherlock Holmes never existed. Nevertheless, by chance, there was a time, in XIX century London, in which a person similar to him used the insights of reason and the most sophisticated investigative methods to bring truth and justice into the foggy streets of London. He travelled the whole world, observing the wonders of lost and ancient wisdom and accumulating knowledge from every branch of human expertise and, when he returned in the native Britain, he decided to use his superior experiences to help those caught in dilemmas.He solved many cases and shed light on many mysteries, even the most complex ones, even those whom the others thought impossible, with zeal and acumen, without surrendering,earning admiration – if not envy – of his peers. It could be said that,although the identity of this illustrious unknown has not been handed down, it’s elementary to assume that he gained a certain notoriety in some well-informed circles thanks to his achievements. And thus, when the police started to investigate on a series of gruesome murders in one of the most infamous district of London, he offered his help. The police was fumbling in the dark. No clue, no suspect… it seemed the work of a spirit, of a demon.Could it be that this time, really… ? He’ll never see the end of that investigation. Dead. Why? How? … who?Not even he himself knows the answers to these questions. Our hero was not devoid of sense of humour and,even if with regret, can’t help but to note how the greatest mystery of all he has faced is, in then end, death… his very own death.But even so… ! He has a score to settle!

Personality:
    -----------

A wraith possessing the skills of the fictional detective Sherlock Holmes. Calm, composed and gentlemanly, although really eccentric. He accepted the call of the Holy Grail hoping to have a second chance at unraveling the truth behind his mysterious death. Due to his nature of wraith, he is sometimes “overwhelmed” by memories and impulses (something that upsets him, since he doesn't know their origin).

Class and Personal Skills:
    ------------------------

Magic Resistance (D): low level, due entirely to the class he has been summoned into.

Genius Loci (B): the ability to “tie” your presence and character to a specific place and use its environment. At this level it’s possible to build a wide information network in short time, gathering thorough knowledge of the terrain. The ability of a detective to solve a case are not based uniquely on pure intelligence, but also on how well known is the place involved in the crime. This skill, which allows the user to keep under control where the action takes place, is the main reason this particular heroic Spirit has been chosen as a Ruler-class Servant.

Reasoning (A+++): it’s the capacity to infallibly analyze the surrounding elements, even the most trifling, and produce brilliant deductions from those. A skill equivalent to Eye of the Mind (True), but it can be applied to every situation. “Sherlock Holmes” manages to combine two branches of logic reasoning often regarded in contrast, Rationalism and Empiricism. Sherlock Holmes is regarded as the quintessential detective.

Expert of Many Specializations (B): access to and use of many expert skill with variable proficiency, including – but not limited to – Martial Arts(of various nature and prowess), Criminology, Chemistry, Medicine, Violin Playing and Acting. It should be noted that, since the summoned Heroic Spirit is the result of two different personalities (the life of the wraith and the exploits of Sherlock Holmes) merged into one, it’s difficult to make an exact estimate (for example, Ruler gained a cocaine addiction he didn’t have in life,or a certain skill with the violin – an instrument he never knew how to play–).

Noble Phantasm:
    ----------------

Reichenbach Falls
    The Hero is Still Alive
    (B-rank, anti-unit, 1 person)

At the end of the game, there can be only one King on the chessboard, so it’s only obvious that,when Holmes and Moriarty finally faced each other, one of two had to die. But the result was even more tragic than expected, and both of them died in May 4,1891.
    No.
    No, because Holmes survived the fight and the fall. His legend was so vivid and held dear in the hearts of his readers that their complaints forced the author to resurrect him. And thus the detective came back from the land of shadows,defying the right of life and death his author – in all respects the God of his world – had upon him, and continued his adventure for many more years.Practically a Noble Phantasm that guarantees to “always survive” against an opponent in a fight taking place at close quarters. Anti-unit Noble Phantasms may kill him only temporarily and, after a certain amount of time, he will resurrect.Due to “Sherlock”being a wraith possessing the characteristic of the fictional detective, but not the memories, and the passive-active nature of the Noble Phantasm, he is not aware of its existence.

Spoiler:
    A Noble Phantasm that didn't make it past the final editing.

Baskerville
    The Devil's Agents are Made of Flesh and Bone
    (C-rank, anti-unit, 1 person)
    After a trick is revealed, it shows its elusive simplicity. A Noble Phantasm that guarantees advantage over a solved mystery. People who hide secrets will suffer a heavy psychological burden that hinders their efficiency whenever a detail kept secret is discovered.

------------

It’s finally time I receive upon myself what I have inflicted so many times upon others. Come at me. (And the funny thing is, I don't even like Sherlock Holmes stories!)

Yes, the NP is shamelessly inspired by Proto!Gil's supposed NP (the one who allowed him to always survive). I never said I have imagination to create original things.

Whoa, be nice to me, I posted without proofreading. I like to live dangerously.
    Last edited by Sherrinford; March 30th, 2013 at 11:38 AM.

夜属 Nightkin
    Food it works, they use a (relatively) similar formula but because of the two changes it creates unintuitive results.

The formula for an N rank skill with some whole number of plusses would be N + (X * N) = Y, where N is the numerical value of the rank,Y is the total ending value and X is the number of plusses.

the formula for an N rank skill with some whole number of minuses would be N - (X * (N / 2)) = Y where N is the numerical value of the rank, Y is the total ending value, and X is the number of minuses.

Though I will concede that it may be more proper for the minus formula to be N / (1 + X) = Y where N is numerical value of the rank, X is the number of minuses, and Y is the total ending value (this would make it so that minuses would never null out or make the value negative... But the Idea that the third minus causes you to do negative 50% of whatever seems too hilarious to eliminate.)

So yeah, voodoo math I suppose.

Blog Entries
    There is no minus formula, though. Outside of the few places they were actually used, their existence has never even been acknowledged. All the descriptions of the parameter rules we've ever seen across all sources ignore them completely.

夜属 Nightkin
    which is why I made up the rules for it based on my understanding of it?

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Class: Rider
    Identity:
    Knights of the Mountain
    Alignment:
    Varies, but any non-evil

STR: E-C
    CON: E-B
    AGI: C-A+
    MGI: A+
    LCK: D
    NP: A+

Background

The legends of Knights of the Mountain are spread wide through all of Europe, similliar and partially interchangable with The Sleeping King, borrowing from many sources, allowing great diversity in the identities of the central summoned Heroic(or even just Divine) Spirit. Said hero will work as a keystone for the entire Heroic Spirit of the Knights, and will act as their leader. He will generally be considerably weaker than if he was summoned in 'raw' state, but will, in exchange, have access to the Noble Phantasm named 'Bonds of Service'.
    This particular version uses King Wenceslas, a Saint, as its core, since his affinity with the legend is greatest, and Blaník is the oldest of the legendary mountains. However, it may also use various other national heroes, such great ones like King Arthur himself being no excpetion.

St. Wenceslas is the Czech King who had been assassinated by his brother Boleslav on his way to the church. While he is a giant of a man, he is no fighter, and should not be expected to fight - in fact, he died because he refused to prepare an army to fend of barbarians, which Boleslav had deemed necessary at the time. Eventually, he saw no other way to save the kingdom but murder and usurption of the throne. Therefore, all of Wenceslas's physical paremeters, as well as Luck, are equal to E.
    He is a man with very strong beliefs, and can often be quite hard headed, and problematic to cooperate with. He deems having to fight as a necessary evil, and will jump at any chance to avoid an excess of it. However, he also understands his purpose as the leader of the knights and knows that they fight in the War in order to redeem themselves, and wouldn't betray them by not giving enough chances to.

Skills(general):

Riding: C-A
    Magic Resitance: D
    Bravery: C
    Military Tactics: B
    [Note that Wenceslas himself does not have this skill, it comes naturally through combined skills of the knights.]
    Expert of Many Specializations: C [A total of over twenty different skills ranging from tactics, espionage, swindling, rhetoric, medicine, many fields of scholarly lore and others can be used with proficiency of Rank D, occasionally with a + modifier. The Knights archive this by deciding or summoning the one most suited to the task. But at the end of the day, they are all fighters after all.]

Skills(Wenceslas):

Charsima: A(B)
    Saint: [1 Rank Up to Charisma.]
    Divinity: C [Wenceslas is regarded as the main Czech national patron, and had many cults and prayers directed at him for a thousand years, therefore his Divinity is nearing the limit of what a mere human can become.]
    Soul of a Martyr: B [Negates mental interference.]
    Protection of the Fatih: A [A skill possessed only by those who have sacrificed themselves for a religious view. Despite being a form of divine protection, it is not a blessing from a higher existence. It is only the absoluteness of one's body and soul, which is born from faith.]

Noble Phantasm

Bonds of Service:
    A+
    Sigils of the dead. A chain worn around one's neck, adorned with many coats of arms. Allows the summoning of knights, in particular ones who swore to protect their countries and failed to do so. The behavioral patterns of those knights, along with their performance, drastically wary, which is why it is impossible to assign stats set in stone to them, but Agility of C rank and high Riding Skill is the bottom line, that only few knights meet. Wenceslas's knights will be mainly Hussite, with some germanic knights mixed in, but he will also summon some of the best Hussars of Poland for the best performance.
    The knights are at their most overpowering state at low numbers of barely ten best warriors. Adding more knights by itself does not lower the total available prana, but it does rob every knight of a corresponding chunk of power. If some exceedingly powerful ones were to be summoned, such as the Knights of the Round Table under King Arthur, this would leave them unable to use their full potential.
    Up to fifty different Knights can be summoned at a time, with steeds as well, but at that point the prana would be spread so thin that they would be more akin to phantoms.
    The knights can never spread further from Wenceslas than one kilometer, otherwise they sever the supply of prana.
    It is also of note that only the core of the army keeps any divine mysteries such as Noble Phantasms the hero would have. Every other knight, no matter how renown, comes with rank and file equipment.
    When fulfilling the purpose of Bonds, Wovs and Oaths, such as protecting public peace, maidens, and innocents, or fighting for religious beliefs in line with the given knight's ideology, + modifiers apply to his Agility, Magical Energy, some skills and the performance of the Noble Phantasm over him as a whole.

The Lion Headed Sword: C
    Rather than a sword that is wielded, a sword that serves.
    A bejeweled golden sword with a lion head at its hilt. Owned by Count Brunzwig, who had tamed and befriended a lion, defeated a dragon, and did many great deeds in far lands, returning to save his country in time. While most of his deeds are wrongly attributed or simply fictional, legends of them stem from this sword of loayalty with long history. It is attributed to King Wenceslas by vitrue of the legend, even if they had nothing to do with each other in reality.
    If a target is designated for the sword, it attacks by itself and attempts to cut off it's head with a masterful stroke, much like the famed Vorpal Sword. This attack is very hard to fend off, especially due to the sword not needing to be actually wielded, and actually being impossible to be wielded while attacking. After the blow is done, or if it proves impossible to accomplish, it is returned it's owner's hand. The designated target may never be of good alignment, otherwise the sword will not act.
    Due to Wenceslas's pacifist nature, he will only use the sword in dire circumastances, and will be gladder to have others do the necessary fighting.

DAMN, I should learn to proofwrite so I won't have to proofread.
    Edit2: Oh god it never stopped being horribly written
    was I high on coffee or what
    Last edited by Ratman; April 1st, 2013 at 02:45 PM.

夜属 Nightkin
    I'm a big fan of the "variable heroic spirit" idea, and this one works fairly well with it.