Page 268 of 782 FirstFirst ... 168218258263266267268269270273278318368768 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,360 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Triptolemus, Herald of Demeter
    Rider
    Alignment: Neutral Good.
    Dislikes: killing animals.
    Image Color: white, grey and blue.

STR: B+ MGI: A+
    END: B+ LCK: A
    AGI: C+ NP: B+

Background:

Spoiler:
    My name is Triptolemus. It litterally means “threefold warrior”.

Quite a name to live up to, uh? And in a sense I was lucky: my brother was called Demophon. The Slayer of Men… yes, they decided to ante up. Makes you wonder what exactly our parents expected from us.
    Speaking of family. I was born the son of King Celeus of Eleusis, and my mother was called Metanira. And of course, I already said I had a little brother, Demophon.

You can say my story began when my sisters brought into the house an old lady. I don’t remember exactly those days because I was very young… and sick. Well, more than sick, I was on the verge of death – or so they told me.
    I know, it’s not exactly an intriguing start, but here’s the surprise: turns out in fact that the crone wasn’t a mere foreigner, she was none other than the goddess Demeter herself! And she was searching the whole Earth for her lost daughter, kidnapped into the land of the dead by her uncle Hades. She was quite desperate at the time and apparently no one was kind enough to let her rest. So, she was very happy and grateful for the generosity shown by my family.

She was so thankful in fact, that she immediately nursed me back to full health! She then proceeded to raise me and my brother as if we were her own children… I think we really helped her during that time.
    I remember she was particularly attached to Demophon; she even tried to make him immortal, or something like that, you never know what exactly goes in the mind of gods, but… well, it didn’t turn out as planned. At all.
    Uhm. So… anyway, at the end she managed to find her daughter. And she didn’t forget us: after she found her, she came back to Eleusis to speak directly to me (time passed since then, and I was a young adult at the time). She wanted me to travel the whole world to teach and spread the art of agriculture. Honestly, I didn’t feel like turning her down… because it’s unwise to say no to a Goddess, even one you grew up with, and because I thought “well, this would be a nice opportunity to see the world”, kind of like being in the navy. And so, my adventures began…
    When I finally returned home, my father gave me the throne (although he wasn’t too happy to, I suspect Demeter had to step in that time too), I established the Thesmophoria, a festival dedicated to my goddess, and lived happily ever after in peace. Ah, the satisfaction of a well-done job!

What can I say about myself? I like to think of myself of a nce guy, basically. Helping people throughout the world makes you to achieve a sort of interior peace. An example? You don’t believe me? … well, I laid the foundations for the city of Anthea, from the name of the guy who tried to steal my chariot… and killed himself in trying. I don’t want to wander too much on the matter, so I’ll just say that he wasn’t really evil nor stupid, so my act was the least I could do.
    (What? Do you want to know why I was summoned into the Holy Grail War?... well, let’s say that this is family’s business.)

Class and Personal Skills:

Riding: A++
    It's the expertise to ride animals and vehicles. Thanks to Triptolemus’ Blessed Envoy skill, creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts, including members of the Dragon Kind

Magic Resistance: C
    It cancels spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Divinity: C
    Even if born human, Demeter would afterwards grant divine authority to Triptolemus in accomplishing his mission. Later on, Triptolemus will be considered as a demigod with his own distinct cult from those of Demeter and Persephone inside the Eleusinian Mysteries.

Knowledge of Eleusinian Mysteries: A++
    It measures the level of proficiency and initiation into the Eleusinian Mysteries. As the herald of Demeter, Triptolemus was not only one of the first to be initiated, but also one of the main advocates and integral part of the rituals and the cult’s hystory.

Eleusinian Mysteries were a most importal cult in ancient Greece, directed to the worship of Demeter, goddess of agriculture and land fertility, and her daughter Persephone, consort of Hades in the realm of the dead and symbol of the rebirth of nature. As an agrarian and cthonic cult, they have their roots and archetypes in a past that his far older than the similar Orphic and Dionysiac Mysteries, even older than Greek religion itself in an embrional form (after all it’s not difficult to find similarities between the myth of Demeter-Persephone and that of Isis-Osiris), going back as far as the worship of the Great Goddess.

The goal of these mysteries was to elevate man beyond his mortal/human nature (as it were the goal of every Mysteric cult), to the rank of divinity or, more generally, to grant rewards and advantages to the initiated ones in the afterlife. In practice they would promise happyness both both here and hereafter.
    Mirroring the myth of Demeter’s search for her lost daughter in the otherworld, and her successive “rebirth” to a new life in spring, such rituals were meant to symbolize wheat’s germination from the dark depths of the earth to the birth/awakening of the ear to the light of day, that is, eternal rebirth and felicity.
    Although the exact nature of these Mysteries was always kept secret (no wonder they were called “mysteries”), they had a large following and expansion, succeding in impressing personalities such as Plato and Cicero.
    Plato in particular stated the the ultimate purpose of the Mysteries was to lead back the initiated to the principles from where we derived, reachin a perfect enjoyment of intellectual good. When purified from the defilements of a material nature the subject could be elevated to the realities of spiritual vision.
    It’s thanks to this esoteric knowledge that Triptolemus will be able to gain his own special spot amongst the Eleusinian goddesses.

In other words, Eleusinian Mysteries are a series of complex rituals that can modify and reshape both body and soul, allowing the subject who follows the rites and precepts to get back in touch with the primordial/original part of self lost many millennia ago, to renovate the natural and intrinsic connection to Akasha, gaining abilities thought to be lost (with good reason) in the dawn of times.

Blessed Envoy: A
    The divine protection granted to Triptolemus by Demeter and successively by Persephone too. It increases every natural skill of Triptolemus to the highest level for the sake of fulfilling his mission. Usually Demeter would protect him, without the need for him to fend off dangers directly, but since the decay of the gods into elementals he now can (and has to) show his real skills. “Demeter, my Goddess, used to watch over me all the time, never allowing me to defend from my enemies by myself. But now it seems she has loosen her grip … looks like this time I’ll have to get serious!”

Noble Phantasms:

Πυρός Χρύσεος
    Pyros Khruseos

Gift of the Goddess
    (C+-rank; 1 person, anti-unit)
    The bag containing the seeds of wheat given to him by Demeter, so that he would sow them throughout the world, teaching the art of agriculture to mankind.

The first techniques of cultivation managed to free the hunting and harvesting populations from the nightmare of famines. Villages would become more stable, and the nonmigratory tribes created the first true cities organized in social structures.

Barley, spelt and other species of semi-wild and less nutritious wheat were gradually replaced with a more domestic and versatile class of wheat, easy to grow and nutritious apt to sustain the development of growing socially complex communities.
    Thanks to this new source of food the arts, knowledge, religions and technologies and every other aspect of the growing culture could find new spaces and chances of expression. In this regard Cicero said: “for among the many excellent and indeed divine institutions which your Athens has brought forth and contributed to human life, none, in my opinion, is better than those mysteries [the Eleusinian Mysteries]. For by their means we have been brought out of our barbarous and savage mode of life and educated and refined to a state of civilization”.

Truly Triptolemus can be considered a real benefactor of humanity ready to prolong the lives of others, sometimes at the cost of his own life.
    Who said that you have to slay monsters and kill men to do a good deed and become a hero?

After Demeter finally found Persephone and orchestrated her daughter’s annual return from the underworld she still did not forget the kindness of Celeus’s family. She saw that the transition from summer’s abundance to winter’s scarcity was difficult for humans and was killing many of them. Therefore these aren’t simple seeds, but a true gift from the gods whose purpose is to allow mankind to prosper, a food of divine origin (the concept of a divine food consumed either by immortal gods or humans can be found in different cultures and mythologies: from the Ambrosia, the nectar served on the Olympus, the Hindu Amrita and Soma, to the biblical Manna that God sent to the jews during the exodus).

Just as common vegetables produce nutrients from sunlight and the richness of the soil, this kind of wheat is able to produce and store great amounts of Od. A fistful of grains can roughly provide the amount of Mana of a Command Spell.

Ἅρμα Δρακόντων
    Harma Drakontōn

Chariot of the Divine Envoy
    (B+-rank; 30 people; anti-army; range: 30)
    The winged chariot-plough led by snake-dragons given to him by Demeter, so that he’ll be able to travel the world to instruct and share the gift of agriculture with men everywhere and to teach them everything concerned with the labour of sowing.

The snakes that draw the chariot are themselves connected to the earth, since they’re the animals that are most in contact with the soil, knowledgeable in the secrets of cultivated terrain; inhabitants of high grass and fields, and thus knowledgeable in the secrets of cultivated terrain and archetypical symbols of rebirth.

The true purpose of this chariot is not that of a weapon; nevertheless when required to fight he can make an improper use and incite the dragon to attack.
    I’m here to teach agriculture, seed wheat and kick ass… and no, I’m not out of the former but I’m still going to kick ass!

Thanks to Seika for the consultation.

What can I say, Triptolemus is the kind of hero-Servant that makes you say “Who is this guy?”, only to find out that he’s really dangerous. Also, how come Riders are always so friendly?

(I’m not too satisfied with the first NP, but whatever.)
    Last edited by Sherrinford; June 8th, 2013 at 10:00 AM. Reason: fixing the layout.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Thanks!

... btw, I'm starting to think that my layout really sucks. For the next profile, I think I'm going to use Master of Chaos's.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cool profile, actually. And yeah, what's up with obscure heroes being so powerful? xD

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Good working, Sherrin! Quite an interesting hero you picked, and it makes for a great character sheet here.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Great job! You did a good job at making the Elysian Mysteries into a Noble Phantasm, far better than I did with the Sirens. One of my favorite parts about this thread is seeing the template for obscure yet interesting heroes.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Thank you all!

One thing to say about Knowledge of Eleusinian Mysteries, that maybe I didn't wrote down clearly: the main reason behind this skill (and my comment about Riders being such bros) is Triptolemus being able to actually boost his Master's magical power, both with the divine wheat and the Eleusinian Mysteries (more connected to the Root, in this case, would mean even more Mana and primordial magical skills at disposal). This is why I commented on Riders being such bros. (Generally speaking, I like the idea of a Servant being able to enhance his Master).

Btw, I have a question: do you guys know a term/synonym/something that could describe the effect of "Evil's Allure"?

One small grammatical error I forgot to mention earlier: "happyness" should be happiness.

As for "Evil's Allure", could you please elaborate on what you're trying to express? Would this be something that draws out the inner potential for evil in people?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Btw, I have a question: do you guys know a term/synonym/something that could describe the effect of "Evil's Allure"?
    Not entirely sure what you mean by this, but what immediately came to mind was the Apple Of Discord.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Yeah, I didn't explain myself very clearly...

I mean, for example, the fascination provoked by personalities like serial killers. In other words, why people think Gilles and Uryuu are KUURU/what makes people like Gilles and Uryuu KUURU.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Charming Monster? Psychopathic charm?
    Last edited by aldeayeah; April 22nd, 2013 at 08:05 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Charming Monster, mmhh... maybe. (it would also make a parallel with his other Innocent Monster skill...)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've heard of Serial Killer Groupies, if that counts? Another one might be Hybristophilia, but thats more like getting off on others committing violence.

Causing everyone around you to orgasm uncontrollably whenever you kill someone would certainly be an interesting skill. Not sure what you would do with it.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I bet someone is gonna put that in a fanfic now and think they're being all edgy.

Blog Entries
    I'm back with something different.

Class: Saber (Rider, Ruler)
    True Name: Pwyll
    Alignment: Lawful Good

STR: ***** A
    END: ***** B
    AGI: ***** B
    MGI: **** E
    LCK: ***** C
    NP: ***** B

Keywords
    KEYWORDS

Four Branches of Mabinogi

A collection of four interrelated tales, written and narrated by the mysterious storyteller Mabinogi. The facts described in these tales have little connection between themselves, but a single character serves as a common point in all of them - the hero of Dyfed, Pryderi. Since he does not always appears as a central character in this tale, modern scholars often debate whatever this work is truly a folklore surrounding Pryderi's life or if he wasn't merely added up later in order to link legends of different origins.

Kein Galed

Pwyll’s beloved stallion. A regular chestnut-colored horse, albeit a purebred one. Still, its capacities as a living creature are high to the point of being called unnatural.

In legends, it was the only animal capable of continuously chasing after Princess Rhiannon and her mystical mare for a whole day. With this sort of comparison found even in legends, it is not far-fetched to say that this Kein Galed is a creature that stopped one-step short of the Phantasm Species.

CLASS SKILLS

Magic Resistance: B
    The capacity to negate or abate the effects of Magecraft. Negates Magecraft invoked with an aria of three verses or less. It is difficult to injure him even with High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Riding: B
    The technical skill to mount on vehicles. It also displays its effects on mechanized vehicles. If it is an ordinary vehicle, then he can manage it better than an average person. It is also possible to control wild beasts that have never been tamed by humans, but he is unable to drive Phantasm Species of Magic Beast and Holy Beast rank such as Pegasus, Gryphon or the Dragon Species.

If a Ruler...
    Territory Creation (Revised): C
    The technical skill to build up an advantageous encampment to oneself as a military man. Thanks to this Skill that allows to create in the shortest time a Fortress that displays the very best effectiveness on any kind of terrain condition, Ruler boasts the greatest advantage in regards to defensive fights among all Servants. At C Rank, if conditions are favorable, the creation of a “Fortress” is possible with some effort.

PERSONAL SKILLS

Bravery: B
    The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. There is also an effect of increasing the melee damage inflicted on the enemy.

Charisma: B
    The natural talent to command an army corps. Raises the abilities of one's own army on group battles. A rare talent. For the king of a country, B Rank is adequate.

Instinct: B
    The ability to always "sense" the most suitable developments to oneself during battle. Be it for attack or defense, this Skill greatly improves the chances of success of all actions taken in middle of combat.

Weapons

Pen Annwn
    One of the many gifts that Pwyll received from Arawn during his life. As Pen Dyfed’s counterpart, the two swords have a similar design. Made with materials and techniques unknown by mankind, this blade has an inherent mystic nature that allows it to match most magic swords and holy swords.

NOBLE PHANTASM

Glyn Cuch – A Yearlong Promise with My Friend
    Type: Anti-Unit (self)

A Noble Phantasm commonly shared by Pwyll and Arawn. The ability to completely impersonate, personify each other. Pwyll is Arawn and Arawn is Pwyll. A conceptual garb that was carved on their very souls, they are able to exchange not only each other’s semblances, but also any abilities and Skills they possess – with the exception of other Noble Phantasms.

Legend goes that, as consequence of a hunting incident, Pwyll and Arawn exchanged places and ruled each other’s kingdoms for a period of one year. During that time, they both maintained a perfect façade and nobody was able to discover that they had assumed each other’s identity.

Single Blow – Vanquishing the Enemy with the First Strike
    Type: Anti-Unit

Pwyll’s last resort. A crystalized mystery in the form of a sword technique that embodies the concept of “one-hit kill”. As an absolute requirement for its activation, Pwyll must not have carried out any attack prior to it. If all conditions are met, his sword strike will be an automatic critical hit and attain an overwhelming attack power that causes a damage value equal to the enemy’s Max HP value.

As expected of such a high-ranking Noble Phantasm, both its destructive power and energy consumption are preposterous. Taking Pwyll’s low prana reserve into consideration, it is highly likely that this will be the one and only attack he will capable of in the combat.

This sword technique played a vital role when Pwyll engaged in single combat against the fairy lord Hafgan – who was protected by a powerful charm that made any weapon powerless before him after the first attack.

Background
    BACKGROUND

The king of Dyfed and sworn friend of Arawn.

Their first meeting couldn't have been more unlikely. In a twist of fate, Pwyll and Arawn went to hunt on the valley of Glyn Cuch on the same day. Also by chance, they both ended up setting their eyes for the same stag. After several coincidences piled up one after the other, they found themselves in a delicate position in which both were indebted to each other.

Pwyll ended up putting down the stag even though Arawn’s dogs had cornered it first.

Arawn had allowed himself to get too engrossed in the joy of the hunt, and unknowingly intruded into Pwyll’s territory during it.

Furthermore, in grave breach of etiquette, they initially failed to recognize each other for their status as monarchs.

Courtesy demanded for one to be of service for the other so to clear that debt. However, both had responsibilities as kings and couldn’t afford to remain absent from their respective kingdoms for too long.

The one who came up with the solution was Arawn.

Pwyll and Arawn would exchange identities and rule each other’s kingdoms for a period of one year and a day. During that time, they would be obliged to accomplish some sort of achievement that would benefit the other later.

The plan was implemented, and ended in a brilliant success. Under Arawn’s rule, Dyfed enjoyed a season of prosperity that had been unknown until then. Meanwhile, Pwyll was able to defeat and subjugate all of Arawn’s rivals, thus securing lordship over all of Annwn.

Pleased with the outcome of their little venture, Pwyll and Arawn ended up forming a strong bond of fellowship, which perdured for the rest of their lives.

Regrets as a Husband

Among all aspects of Pwyll’s legend, probably the most famous one is his relationship with the princess Rhiannon. The beautiful daughter of one of the noble lords of Dyfed, Rhiannon was wise beyond her years and had a free, independent spirit that instantly charmed Pwyll. Fortunately for him, she returned the feelings of the young king.

Their love did face its share of troubles. But after overcoming many obstacles, the two were finally allowed to be united as husband and wife. And so, for many years to come, the king and queen ruled Dyfed with love and justice.

However, as time passed, the sages and nobles of the kingdom became increasingly worried about the queen’s apparent inability to provide a heir to the throne. It came to the point that some began to advise the Pwyll to abandon Rhiannon and take up another queen. He ignored them of course, remaining stubbornly faithful to his love until the end.

After many failed attempts, the royal couple was finally blessed with a son.

But it was then that tragedy stuck.

One night, while Pwyll was away and Rhiannon was asleep, their child was spirited away by a mysterious creature. The maids that were left in charge of taking care of the baby became terrified with the prospect of being punished for their failure. So, in order to save themselves, they came up with a diabolical scheme: setting things up so it would appear that Rhiannon had murdered her own child.

When news came out, the people of Dyfed became furious. They demanded for Rhiannon to be stripped of her title and then severely punished for her sins. Once again, Pwyll ignored them. He kept her as his queen and just imposed a minor penance in order to appease the masses.

However, he too was convinced that Rhiannon had killed their child. The deception was so well designed that even Pwyll couldn’t believe in her appeals of innocence. But he continued to love her nevertheless.

So, when his son reappeared years later and the truth was revealed, Pwyll’s regret couldn’t have been greater.

There was the joy of recovering his happy family. Yet, Pwyll was never able to forgive himself for not trusting the one person that he loved the most until the end. The fact that Rhiannon didn’t blamed him for it not even once only served to further aggravate his self-loathing.

Quite successful as a king and warrior, but lacking as a husband and father. That is the assessment that Pwyll has on himself. As such, he has few desires for his own sake. If given the chance, he would wish only to have done more for his family.

- - - Updated - - -

And to pair up...

Class
    : Saber (Rider, Ruler)
    True Name: Arawn
    Alignment: Lawful Evil

STR: ***** B
    END: ***** B
    AGI: ***** C
    MGI: ***** A
    LCK: **** E
    NP: ***** A

Keywords
    KEYWORDS

Four Branches of Mabinogi

A collection of four interrelated tales, written and narrated by the mysterious storyteller Mabinogi. The facts described in these tales have little connection between themselves, but a single character serves as a common point in all of them - the hero of Dyfed, Pryderi. Since he does not always appears as a central character in this tale, modern scholars often debate whatever this work is truly a folklore surrounding Pryderi's life or if he wasn't merely added up later in order to link legends of different origins.

Pair Dadeni

The Vessel of Life. One of the Thirteen Treasures of the Island of Britain. A magic cauldron that appears in several legends Welsh Mythology, at times in possession of different masters and even under different names. Concise and reliable records about it are scarce, but it has been often described as having powers of revitalization and being capable of judging the worth of its possessor.

Originally, it was a Divine Construct left under the care of the ruler of Annwn, but it fell in human hands due the interference of a certain King of Knights. In a sense, its influence was the cause behind the involvement of the Holy Grail in the legend of King Arthur.

…If he was a proper Heroic Spirit, Arawn would probably have this Pair Dadeni as one of his Noble Phantasms.

CLASS SKILLS

Magic Resistance: A
    The capacity to negate or abate the effects of Magecraft. Cancels all Magecraft of A Rank (High-Thaumaturgy that makes use of magic circles and Instantaneous Contracts) and below. As a matter of fact, he cannot be injured by modern magi. In case of a single stroke, he may even hold back the coercion of the Command Spell.

Riding: E
    The technical skill to mount on vehicles. It also displays its effects on mechanized vehicles. While animals may be handled, he cannot drive any man-made vehicle.

If a Ruler...
    Territory Creation (Revised): A
    The technical skill to build up an advantageous encampment to oneself as a military man. Thanks to this Skill that allows to create in the shortest time a Fortress that displays the very best effectiveness on any kind of terrain condition, Ruler boasts the greatest advantage in regards to defensive fights among all Servants. At A Rank, the creation of a “Castle” – which surpasses a “Fortress” – is possible.

PERSONAL SKILLS

Marble Phantasm: EX
    Fantasy Realization. The ability that Elementals – the sense of touch of the nature (world) – have to directly connect their wills and nature in order to interfere with the probabilities and intentionally change the world as they please. Because the user is a part of the world (nature), it is possible to remake the world at his liking, but he cannot manipulate things that became independent from nature (for example, humans), so he has no choice but to interfere with them indirectly. As for animals, it is possible to manipulate them. Because the spirit worlds, isolated villages and countries of everlasting spring that exist on this planet are not different worlds - but rather fantasy worlds which were drawn by the Elementals, lords of said spirit world - it is possible for humans to go astray into them. The kingdom of Annwn that Arawn once ruled was one of said spirit worlds.

Mystic Eyes: B
    Mystic Eyes of Illusion. The ability to take control of the target’s five senses so to make him see, hear, feel, smell and taste things that are not there. A type of mental interference specialized in distorting the target’s sensory functions.

Shapeshift: B
    This ability refers to both borrowing of bodies and appearance change. At B Rank, he can freely alter his physical aspect so long his basic size and shape is retained.

Weapons

Pen Dyfed
    One of the many gifts that Arawn received from Pwyll during his life. As Pen Annwn’s counterpart, the two swords have a similar design. This blade lacks any magical properties or special qualities, but its base performance as a weapon is high due being crafted with master skills.

NOBLE PHANTASM

Glyn Cuch – A Yearlong Promise with My Friend
    Type
    : Anti-Unit (self)
    A Noble Phantasm commonly shared by Pwyll and Arawn. The ability to completely impersonate, personify each other. Pwyll is Arawn and Arawn is Pwyll. A conceptual garb that was carved on their very souls, they are able to exchange not only each other’s semblances, but also any abilities and Skills they possess – with the exception of other Noble Phantasms.

Legend goes that, as consequence of a hunting incident, Pwyll and Arawn exchanged places and ruled each other’s kingdoms for a period of one year. During that time, they both maintained a perfect façade and nobody was able to discover that they had assumed each other’s identity.

Gray King – Supreme Ruler of the Netherworld
    Type: Anti-Army
    Arawn's trump card. The last vestiges of his long lost divinity. The ability to freely move/transfer between this world and the spirit world of Annwn that exist in the far-side of it. Not only he can bring himself and others to Annwn, but it is also possible to summon the inhabitants of that place to this world. The Cwn Annwn hounds – Mythical Beasts famous for composing of the Wild Hunt that symbolizes the natural phenomenon called storms – are included among said inhabitants.

The capacity to cross/overcome at will the barrier that separates the physical plane where humans live and the astral plane where great mysteries and higher concepts dwell is a power considered to be on the realm of Great Elementals or Divine Spirits. Similarly, the summoning of high-grade spiritual beings and Phantasm Species from myths is a forbidden art in no way inferior to True Magic.

Background
    BACKGROUND

The king of Annwn and sworn friend of Pwyll.

Their first meeting couldn't have been more unlikely. In a twist of fate, Pwyll and Arawn went to hunt on the valley of Glyn Cuch on the same day. Also by chance, they both ended up setting their eyes for the same stag. After several coincidences piled up one after the other, they found themselves in a delicate position in which both were indebted to each other.

Pwyll ended up putting down the stag even though Arawn’s dogs had cornered it first.

Arawn had allowed himself to get too engrossed in the joy of the hunt, and unknowingly intruded into Pwyll’s territory during it.

Furthermore, in grave breach of etiquette, they initially failed to recognize each other for their status as monarchs.

Courtesy demanded for one to be of service for the other so to clear that debt. However, both had responsibilities as kings and couldn’t afford to remain absent from their respective kingdoms for too long.

The one who came up with the solution was Arawn.

Pwyll and Arawn would exchange identities and rule each other’s kingdoms for a period of one year and a day. During that time, they would be obliged to accomplish some sort of achievement that would benefit the other later.

The plan was implemented, and ended in a brilliant success. Under Arawn’s rule, Dyfed enjoyed a season of prosperity that had been unknown until then. Meanwhile, Pwyll was able to defeat and subjugate all of Arawn’s rivals, thus securing lordship over all of Annwn.

Pleased with the outcome of their little venture, Pwyll and Arawn ended up forming a strong bond of fellowship, which perdured for the rest of their lives.

Divine King of the Netherworld

Arawn's true identity is that of fairy that has reached the pinnacle of its species. As the incarnation of a pure mystery, the inherent supernatural powers that he possesses surpass the likes of human Magecraft by far.

Originally, fairies are a concept treated as antennas of nature and not something that can be perceived by people. However, there exists some rare fairies that end up being born while making the imaginary figure of humans as a shell. Though natural fairies belong to the Phantasm Species, they are not realized images like the demons, but rather are connected to the genealogical tree of living beings.

When true fairies become of a scale that can be perceived even by humans, they are referred as Elementals. Fairies and Elementals are fundamentally a mystery that cannot be reproduced through Magecraft.

In legends, Arawn is often described as a king of fairies comparable to the Oberon fabricated by human literature. Also, there was a time when his realm of Annwn was regarded not as a fairyland, but as a netherworld where the soul of the dead were taken after death. Thus, as its monarch, Arawn was worshiped as a god of death that presides over these departed souls – not unlike the god Hades from Greek Mythology or the goddess Hel from Norse Mythology.

There is an anecdote in which Arawn went to war against the brothers Amaethon and Gwydion due the theft of some of his Magic Beasts (pets). The Battle of the Trees (Cad Goddeu). As a consequence of losing this skirmish, Arawn was removed from the throne of Annwn. However, fairies are existences with a nature/mentality fundamentally different from humans, so being a king of fairies holds a different meaning than a king of men. Even after losing the “position”, he still maintains most of the privileges it entitles.

Similarly, despite having once existed as a Divine Spirit, Arawn has returned to being an Elemental (fairy) due no longer receiving religious belief and being mostly forgotten by mankind. That being said, some trances of that lost divinity remain on him and its effects can be still be seen.

EDIT: Once again, sorry for having two Servants on the same post, but the system really doesn't let me keep them apart.
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; April 25th, 2013 at 10:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    Oh, I know this guy! I remember reading about the hunt episode in which they end up indebted to each other, though the abridged version I read didn't specifically mention their accomplishments as much as that one meeting from which their friendship was born.

Still, this is a pretty darn cool profile, if I'm totally honest. I like the NPs too, they represent his legend quite well.

So, in activating the first NP, he basically becomes Arawn in all but NPs. Does this have any kind of time limit, or is it only limited by the mana used to sustain it? I'd assume he can use his second Noble Phantasm while maintaining the masquerade as well, but that anyone familiar with the legend might be able to deduce Pwyll's actual identity from the fact that it was actually him who defeated Hafgan.

EDIT---

Oh, profile for Arawn too! Nice one, also really like it. I actually didn't know the concept of the Wild Hunt was connected to his mytho, but it does make sense. Shame since he's an Elemental of sorts he can't be a Heroic Spirit. x3

Sooo, same question about the first NP, except I'm assuming the second one Arawn can't use without dropping the illusion of being Pwyll.
    Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; April 22nd, 2013 at 09:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    There is no real limit to Glyn Cuch other than the prana reserves of the Servant: it can be employed so long they have the energy to power it. However, that in itself is enough hindrance, for prana will be continuously consumed every round while the NP is active. Thus, it is like adding up the cost of Glyn Cuch to the cost of any other action they want to take in that round.

Due his low MGI, Pwyll cannot use both his NPs at the same time. In fact, employing Single Blow just once is pretty much enough to drain him dry almost completely. There is a reason why I put down that is "highly likely that this will be the one and only attack he will capable of".

On the other hand, Arawn can use both NPs at the same time - but there is hardly any meaning to it. If it is just to take Pwyll's appearance, it is much more cost-effective for him to use the Shapeshift Skill. For him to go out of his way and employ Glyn Cuch means that he specifically requires one of Pwyll's Parameters or Skills - and situation like that is hardly one where Gray King can effectively come into play.
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; April 22nd, 2013 at 09:41 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Naaaaah, I don't believe it!

Pwyll was going to be the next guy I'd work on (after the one I'm currently working on). Sorry, but I can't read it now.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, The Fire-Lit Mad Tyrant
    Berserker
    Alignment: Insane Evil (Chaotic Evil).
    Dislikes: critiques.
    Talents: performing, playing, riding (so he thinks).
    Image Color: red.

STR: A MGI: B
    END: B LCK: C
    AGI: C NP: A+

STR: A++ MGI: A+
    END: A+ LCK: B

Mad Enhancement: D
    It raises basic parameters in exchange of hindering mental capacities. In the Nero’s case, it takes the form of a megalomaniac delusion, a superiority complex. A state of mind whose exact modern term is narcissistic personality disorder. Nero thought of himself as an almost divine figure, identifying himself with Apollo, the famous patron god of Light and Arts.
    It raises the ranks for the STR and END parameters, but it also symbolizes a state of mental pollution of the highest level. Nero’s perversion and utter amorality was all too well-known by those around him.

Innocent Monster: B
    It’s the name of the monster that had his past and way of being distorted because of the image that was born from his behavior in the previous life. Both abilities and appearance were transformed. Incidentally, this equipment (Skill) cannot be removed.

Prana Burst (Flames): B
    It’s a version of Prana Burst that converts Prana into white-hot flames. At this level, it’s possible to produce a fire that, if concentrated, can consume human flesh in a few instants.

Charismatic Monster: A+

“And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”

(Revelation of John (Apocalypse), Chapter 13)

A skill akin to Charisma, but born from unnatural means, meant to represent the mystifying, alluring powers of Evil. It allows to succesfully lead an army composed of loyal soldiers. It should be noted that, at this point it no longer corresponds to mere popularity caused by fascination with evil, but almost a kind of curse in itself, connected to the imprinting of the “Mark of the Beast”.
    Even before being turned into the alluring Great Beast by the Innocent Monster skill, Nero knew how to exert a charismatic influence on a certain kind of people (mostly commoners and slaves), who in the end came to love his public persona. This, thanks to the understanding of what certain social classes want.
    However, not everyone is affected in the same way by this skill, for enlightened and educated people can see right through his lies.
    Although on the exterior he may look like a noble figure and a man of the people, deep inside he is a corrupted soul.

Noble Phantasm:

נרון קסר
    Nerōn Kaisar
    /666
    The Fiery Great Beast
    Nero’s Noble Phantasm, which allows him to turn into the Great Beast of the Sea mentioned in the Revelation of John, better known as the Apocalypse.
    An always active Noble Phantasm that gradually turns him into a monstrous creature the more polluted his mentality becomes, altering his aspect into that of the seven-headed Beast, envoy of the dragon that represents Satan. A colossal monster who is said to have the power to defeat saints and rule nations. The magical power that emanates from him causes everything around him to spontaneously combust into a raging, inextinguishable inferno that consumes everything.

More precisely, this Noble Phantasm is the result of three different legends centered around Nero: the Great Fire that burned down a good part of Rome over the course of six days in 64 AD, supposedly started by agents of the mad emperor after an insane whim of destroying the city (and making space for his grand Domus Aurea); the so-called “Nero Redidivus legend” and the identification of Nero with the Anti-Christ, the Beast of the Apocalypse.

The Nero Redidivus legend was a popular belief during the last part of the 1st century consisting in the emperor returning to Rome after his suicide in 68 AD, leading an army to destroy the city. This legend was probably born out of the affection that many people in Rome still had for him after his death, and the mysterious circumstances surrounding his last days; Lactantius wrote that Nero suddenly disappeared, and even the burial-place of that “noxious wild beast” was nowhere to be seen. According to this belief, it could even be probable that Nero didn’t really die, but was rescued and brought to Parthia to be healed. This has led some persons of extravagant imagination to suppose that, having been conveyed to a distant region, he is still reserved alive; furthermore, certain lines of the Sibylline Oracles (a collection of Jewish and Christian apocalyptic verses attributed to the prophecies of the ancient Sibyl) telling us of a demoniac warlord whose name is supposed to start with “N” are applied to him.

Afterwards this legend, fueled by Christian beliefs, would shift to the idea that Nero was really the prophesied Anti-Christ; and after all, it’s not like the analogies weren’t present: the Great Beast is supposed to have seven heads, and Rome is built on seven hills; after its advent, the Great Beast is also worshipped as a false god/idol, and Nero identified himself with Apollo in his delusions of grandeur during his life; the apostles St. Paul and Peter were killed during Nero’s reign; Nero was a very active persecutor of Christians, torturing them and forcing upon them the fault for the Great Fire; also, the Great Beast in the Apocalypse is supposed to be hurt, and then healed shortly after (you may notice a parallel to the Nero Redidivus legend mentioned above); also, the apocryphal Ascension of Isaiah tells us of the demon Beliar entering the body of a king who kills his own mother (just like Nero did with his mother Agrippina),works great wonders doing much evil and persecutes “the plant which the Twelve Apostles of the Beloved have planted”. Due the persecution that Nero conducted towards Christians, it’s no wonder that they associated him with such a particular demoniac figure.

But the more famous reason for his identification is probably the following: in the Revelation, we are told that the Number of the Beast is that of a man, 666; the Greek spelling of his name, “Nerōn Kaisar", when transliterated into Hebrew as נרון קסר (or Nrvn Qsr) and applied to Jewish gematria (a traditional system of assigning numerical value to a word or phrase), gives us in fact a value of 666.

An alternate, personal interpretation of Heroic Spirit Nero, and the first in a series of “joke” profiles not meant to be taken too seriously. Thanks to aldeayeah for the suggestion with the Charismatic Monster skill (YeOfLittleFaith andBlackField too).

And if you liked this, you may also like:

Archer
    STR: B MGI: B+
    END: C LCK: B

Independent Action: A

It’s the ability to remain independent even when rejecting the prana supply from the Master. At the higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. It is both useful and troublesome depending on the disposition of the Servant and the rank of Independent Action. The downside is that they can be harder to control and keep by their side, making the only true way to command them by utilizing Command Spells.
    At this level, the Servant can remain in this world for a week even after losing his Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great prana consumption, back up from the Master is necessary.

Magic Resistance: D
    It cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Mental Pollution: A
    This skill makes it highly possible to shut out any mental interference Thaumaturgy, due possessing a distorted mentality. However, at the same time it becomes impossible to come to an understanding with individuals that do not possess an equivalent rank of mental pollution.

False Idol: B
    A skill possessed by those who were falsely regarded as gods (or their emanations), thanks to a general but critical misunderstanding. It grants access to skills and properties that not only weren’t effectively owned by the subject, but were also impossible to attain during life.
    Toward the end of his reign, Nero ostentatiously identified himself with Apollo the Citharode (“player of cithara”, a musical instrument of the lyra family), as a patron of arts, in contrast with other imperial personalities tha preferred to be associated with the military. Depictions of Nero as Apollo appeared on the back of Roman coins and frescos.
    In Nero’s case, the skills he has now access to are Charisma, talent for Arts, Riding (due to Apollo eventually being identified with Helios-Sol the solar charioteer later on), and mastery in archery.

Noble Phantasm:

Burning Phoebus
    The Embryonic Flame
    The whole fierceness of the Great Fire that devastated Rome for six days, concentrated into one single flaming arrow. Although originally a Anti-Army, Anti-City Noble Phantasm meant to slowly burn down the opponents, Nero’s current use as a projectile and his newfound sharpshooting skill makes him able to exert its power to its fullest: a single arrow of blinding light that explodes on contact with the opponent incinerating him on the spot. By concentrating the whole power of Fire into a single arrow, Nero is able to create a flame that can be compared to the Original Flame from which every fire, light or life on Earth derives; the Flame of the Sun, whose patron god is Phoebus Apollo, divine sun-charioteer, god of light and medicine.

It should be noted that, although being a god of medicine and health, Apollo himself can show destructive power: an example can be found in the Iliad, when he spreads a plague in the Greek camp.

In a certain way, the False Idol skill is the counterpart to Innocent Monster.

Rider
    STR: B MGI: A
    END: C LCK: B
    AGI: D NP: A+

Riding: A+ (B)

It’s the expertise to ride animals and vehicles. At this level creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.
    Though classed as a Rider, and noted to have been a true enthusiastic of chariot races (even to the point of driving a chariot himself in the Circus Maximus and in the Olympic Games of 67 AD), Nero was not exceptionally skilled in mounted maneuverability. His apparent expertise in Riding is to be rightfully attributed to his False Idol skill.

Magic Resistance: E
    It cannot cancel spells, but magic damage is reduced somewhat.

Mental Pollution: A
    This skill makes it highly possible to shut out any mental interference Thaumaturgy, due possessing a distorted mentality. However, at the same time it becomes impossible to come to an understanding with individuals that do not possess an equivalent rank of mental pollution.

False Idol: B
    A skill possessed by those who were falsely regarded as gods (or their emanations), thanks to a general but critical misunderstanding. It grants access to skills and properties that not only weren’t effectively owned by the subject, but were also impossible to attain during life.
    Due to Nero associating himself with Sol the Sun-Charioteer (a facet of Phoebus Apollo, god of Sun and Light), he now has access to Charisma and an uncanny high proficiency in the Riding skill.

Noble Phantasm:

Novus Phaeton
    Burning Down the Land
    Type: Anti-Army
    In Greek mythology, one day Phaeton, son of Helios the Sun God, asked his father if he could ride his divine chariot for once. Although hesitant, for the god knew how difficult it was to control the power of the chariot, he eventually surrendered.

This turned out to be a fatal error, because Phaeton didn’t have the necessary expertise in handling the flaming chariot’s horses: by flying too high he burned the sky creating the Milky Way (this is one of the alternate legendary origins for the creation of the Milky Way) and rendering the Earth cold, by flying too low, he turned Africa into a desert, drying rivers and lakes, scaring Poseidon himself with the heat, burning down cities, until Zeus himself intervened by striking the runaway chariot with a lightning bolt to stop it, throwing Phaeton into the river Eridanus.
    Thanks to his False Idol skill, Nero is able to summon as his Noble Phantasm a fake version of the Sun-Chariot driven by Helios-Sol and Phaeton… with the same results. A fitting Noble Phantasm for the mad emperor that is said to have started the fire that burned down a large part of Rome after one careless wish of his.

During his life Nero was passionate about horses and even drove his own chariot. Nero’s enthusiasm for such a lowly sport scandalized Rome's elite, but endeared him to the masses.

(Sons used to smash their dad’s car the very same night they‘re allowed to take the keys even in the Greece of the Age of the God.)

Originally there was also going to be an alternate profile for a Saber-class Nero (whose NP was based on the Nero Redidivus legend and the sword he used to commit suicide), but then I decided I had already spent enough time on him.
    Last edited by Sherrinford; April 25th, 2013 at 08:45 AM.