Page 377 of 782 FirstFirst ... 277327367372375376377378379382387427477 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,540 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    If you want an Odysseus that will never break his oaths and is full of loyalty, you should go for Diarmuid. His legend is full of him doing stuff like tricking armies into killing themselves, persuading other heroes into fighting duels instead of ganging up on him, winning chess matches regardless of the odds and etc. Eye of the Mind(true) is like designed for Diarmuid(which is why he got it). And as shown in Zero, he'd as loyal as all fuck. I was actually thinking of adding him to my team.
    Dammit, I need to post my Berserker Odysseus. Expect it ASAP.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Oh, bastard. You're going to get to the same idea I had faster. It's Mad Enhancement (False), yeah?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Name: Odysseus

History:
    King of Ithaca, and favored of Athena, he attempted to escape fighting in the Trojan war by faking madness. It didn't work, and he and his men were sucked into the ten year long conflict. Possibly the smartest of the Greeks, he won the Armor of Achilles by also claiming to be the bravest of their number. Credited for the idea for the Trojan Horse, he also stole the Palladium, obtained Hercules arrows, was part of the party who roped Achilles into the war, and in general went around being awesome despite being entirely human. However, he angered the god Poseidon on the way back home, causing his return journey to take ten years, 7 of which he spent banging Calypso, and another year tapping Circe. What a pimp. All in all, not to horrible as curses go. Returning home, he slaughtered all the suitors who attempted to snag his wife in his absence. Everyone lived happily ever after, except for his crew, the suitors, and the Trojans, as they were all dead.

Class: Berserker

Strength: C
    Endurance: B+
    Agility: B
    Magical Energy: B
    Luck: C

Class Abilities:

Mad Enhancement (-) : This parameter is nullified, as Odysseus is not truly insane, merely faking it. However, to all appearances other than his master he has the Mad Enhancement rank of C. Through the use of a command spell, Odysseus's master can force him to take the rank of Mad Enhancement (C), at the cost of The Bow of The Ox and A Husbands' Revenge along with the negative effects of Mad enhancement.

Skills:
    Independent Action (A): The Servant can operate without a master for a month

Expert of Many Specializations (A): 32 different skills have been mastered by this user, ranging from diplomacy to assassination to oratory to craftsmanship to larceny. If Mad enhancement is activated, this skill is lost.

Eye of the Mind (True) (B): Capable of calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and deduce an appropriate course of action. So long as there is a 1% chance of victory, odds of success are greatly increased. If Mad Enhancement is activated, this skill is lost.

Riding (D):
    The user can handle a single type of vehicle with a high amount of skill, in this case a sailing ship. If Mad Enhancement is activated, this skill is lost.

Magic Resistance (C+): Cancels spells of two verses or less. Cannot defend against Greater Rituals or High Thaumaturgy however. Transformational magecraft is resisted at a rank of A however.

Noble Phantasms:

Bow of the Ox: Twelve Ax Heads: (B) - The great bow of Ithaca, which only Odysseus is able to string. Capable of firing twelve arrows at once, Odysseus guided a single arrow through twelve sockets of ax heads - and the axes were 12 feet apart and at different angles. Odysseus can guide these arrows according to his will, much like a guided missile. They will seek out any target within Odysseus's line of sight, and maneuver through the air like wasps. However, they can be dodged, destroyed, or blocked.

The Trojan Horse: Ultimate Deception (C+) - Odysseus is possibly most famous for one of the greatest deceptions off all time, the Wooden Horse of Troy. Due to his winning the right of wearing the Armor of Achilies, Odysseus can appear as any wearer of the Armor of Achilles, and appear to have their stats, skils, and phantasms, depending on his class to the eyes of both opposing Masters and Servants alike, despite not actually possessing said weapons or parameters. For example, if summoned as a Lancer, Odysseus will be able to adopt the appearance of Hector, Achilles, and other heroes that qualify for that class. Odysseus can also put on a convincing facade of nearly any hero of the Trojan War, though the deception isn't as effective as Odysseus's actual skills are visible. This Phantasm can be seen through if Odysseus purposefully reveals his deception, or by a high enough rank in the Clairvoyance stat.

The Husband's Revenge: Arrows of Ilos (A) - Ilos was kind to Odysseus. Ilos gave him a gift worthy of any king - the objects with which he would take back his kingdom. He gave him arrows dipped in the finest of poisons, rumored to have been a gift from Zeus himself. Even a single scratch is enough to cause a fast and painful death to any man or monster. Only twelve remain, each one a deadly weapon. These arrows can be shot from the Bow of the Ox. Any injury inflicted by an arrow causes a roll on Endurance. If failed, death is instant. Even if passed, the arrows are crippling and inflict a rank down on Endurance, Strength, and Agility, and the wound refuses to be healed by any normal or magical means. However, as Berserker, only one of these arrows remains.
    Last edited by Arch-Magos Winter; August 26th, 2013 at 11:37 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Odysseus gave away the Achilles' Armour to Neoptolemus.

Besides I doubt Armour like that would just be a skill.

Even then, I'm pretty sure Odysseus never wore it.
    Last time, on C-a-S.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    If you're giving him the armor of Achilles wouldn't that be classified under his NP's, whether it originally belonged to him or not it eventually did end up his possession.

sniped

So he gave it to someone else and never wore it so he shouldn't possess it at all should he
    Last edited by Orange; August 26th, 2013 at 11:13 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Oh, bastard. You're going to get to the same idea I had faster. It's Mad Enhancement (False), yeah?
    Yep. I came up with this about six months ago, posted it in the Modern Fiction thread in an unrefined form. Slipped some Stats around for this one, added a skill, some changes to the phantasms, that sort of thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Last time, on C-a-S.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStorm666 View Post
    If you're giving him the armor of Achilles wouldn't that be classified under his NP's, whether it originally belonged to him or not it eventually did end up his possession.

So he gave it to someone else and never wore so he shouldn't possess it at all should he
    Well, he did possess it at one point and he DID win it, so consider this a shrug. He's one of the owners, but not the users. Hence, its not a phantasm but something along the lines of Medea's Golden Fleece.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I really like it. Informative, the ideas are well structured and logical. No gratuitous wanking, instead you emphasized his skills and traits leaving a decently powerful servant.

There are two minor quibbles I have though. Judging by the paragraph explaining his MR, I'd say it should be C+ rank. A C+ is slightly more powerful than an A when the conditions are right(like with transformation magic), a C++ is close to an A+(which doesn't really exist with MR). I'd also say the Arrows of Ilos could probably lose the +, they are powerful but not that powerful and considering what they do, it's more the rank of mystery that matters than the power.
    Last edited by BlackField; August 26th, 2013 at 11:17 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    I really like it. Informative, the ideas are well structured and logical. No gratuitous wanking, instead you emphasized his skills and traits leaving a decently powerful servant.

There are two minor quibbles I have though. Judging by the paragraph explaining his MR, I'd say it should be C+ rank. A C+ is slightly more powerful than an A when the conditions are right(like with transformation magic), a C++ is close to an A+(which doesn't really exist with MR). I'd also say the Arrows of Ilos could probably lose the +, they are powerful but not that powerful and considering what they do, it's more the rank of mystery that matters than the power.
    Done and done.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    Well, he did possess it at one point and he DID win it, so consider this a shrug. He's one of the owners, but not the users. Hence, its not a phantasm but something along the lines of Medea's Golden Fleece.
    Then it only serves to bloat the profile as an unnecessary addition.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Then it only serves to bloat the profile as an unnecessary addition.
    Not really; it ties directly into one of his phantasms.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    Not really; it ties directly into one of his phantasms.
    Then just merge it with the Noble Phantasm.

Seriously, the Noble Phantasm is called the Trojan Horse but interacts more with the Armour of Achilles?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Then just merge it with the Noble Phantasm.

Seriously, the Noble Phantasm is called the Trojan Horse but interacts more with the Armour of Achilles?
    ...Good point. I'm changing that then.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    False Berserker Odysseus still interesting. Kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Transformational magecraft should be Polymorph for extra DnD-hood *and* Greekness.
    don't quote me on this

夜魔 Nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Sounds like silly people taking a line that means 'Fate happens' out of context.
    According to the good old LIST OF CITATIONS on wikipedia's Trojan War page, the idea that the war was originally a plot on Zeus's part to get rid of demigods (and just an overly large world population in general) is from a fragment of Apollodorus's Epitome, if that helps it seem less ridiculous. Its obviously not from anything in the Illiad.

Maybe there was mention of it in one of the lost books? We do only have summaries and references to them after all. Or maybe it was just one of the things that Homer didn't put in his account that does exist in other accounts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollodoros, Epitome 3.1
    ἢ καθάπερ εἶπον ἄλλοι ὅπως τὸ τῶν ἡμιθέων γένος ἀρθῇ.
    Or, as others say, so that the race of demigods might be exalted.

That sounds very much like 'to destroy the demigods'. Or not. In fact, the complete opposite. Hmmmmm.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Or, as others say, so that the race of demigods might be exalted.
    That sounds very much like 'to destroy the demigods'. Or not. In fact, the complete opposite. Hmmmmm.
    Thank you Seika.
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Starting a 5-years-long war just to make your children look good.

Greek gods have just reached a whole new level of superdickery.

Blog Entries
    Remembering that the demi-gods were part of a warrior culture and that Achilles sets himself apart from the rest of the Greeks by considering that surviving might be better than glory in battle, yes.

That one's not so bad. It's the part before the 'or' which paints a poorer view of Zeus.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollodoros, Epitome 3.1
    αὖθις δὲ Ἑλένην Ἀλέξανδρος ἁρπάζει, ὥς τινες λέγουσι κατὰ βούλησιν Διός, ἵνα Εὐρώπης καὶ Ἀσίας εἰς πόλεμον ἐλθούσης ἡ θυγάτηρ αὐτοῦ ἔνδοξος γένηται
    Alexandros seized Helen, according to some by Zeus' will, desiring that his daughter become honoured for bringing Europe and Asia to war with each other.

(Oh, and ten-year war)
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    (Oh, and ten-year war)
    Oh yeah, I got a doubt immediately after posting. "Wait, was it five years or ten?". I guess I confused the Iliad and Odyssey and halved the years wrongly.