Page 440 of 782 FirstFirst ... 340390430435438439440441442445450490540 ... LastLast
Results 8,781 to 8,800 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    He'd make a good "strong, silent Nordic swordsman" of a Servant, I think.
    Apocrypha Spoilers
    It's a shame that Siegfried has already filled that role in a half-assed way, with his Command to never speak.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Just to be sure, would a fictional character from a 19th century worldwide-famous book go here, or in the Modern Fiction thread?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    @Vagrant: I don't know the hero, but the sheet looks nice.

@BehemothV2: which book?

I think literature from the 1800s is okay. Isn't that the era that Sasaki comes from? I think the modern fiction thread is for very contemporary fiction. Like stuff written in the last 75 years.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Still, terra is right, because we have kawaii Jack the Reaper
    When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
    Must give us pause: there's the respect
    That makes calamity of so long life;

JP Friend Code
    I should probably have made him a Rider, but that'd be too predictable...

Servant info:
    Spoiler:

Abraham Lincoln, Whale Hunter

Name: Ahab, the Mad Captain
    Class: Lancer. Can also be summoned as a Rider or Berserker.
    Alignment: True Neutral

Strength: C
    Endurance: C+
    Agility: D
    Mana: E
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: C+

Skills
    Spoiler:
    Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: D+
    Cancels all kinds of Single-Action spells, as well as Water-aligned spells with a chant below three verses.

Personal Skills:

Battle Continuation: C
    Ahab is capable of continuous battle even with aggravating wounds, if it means being able to accomplish his objective.

Mental Pollution: D
    Lancer's mindless hatred towards the white whale had an impact over his sanity. Mental interference of an equal or lower rank will be automatically cancelled

Noble Phantasm
    Spoiler:
    Rage Against the Beast – Mad Quest for Revenge

Anti-Unit, Rank C+

The whaling harpoon used by Ahab to stab the great white whale Moby-Dick, in his last act before death. Even though it is made for throwing, it can be used effectively as a melee weapon too. Imbued with all the hatred felt by the captain against the leviathan, the weapon's true power is revealed when used against one that has harmed Lancer. If thrown against such a foe, the weapon will ineviatably hit its target, who will then be bound to Lancer by the rope in the harpoon. A bound foe must succeeded at a Strength check every turn, otherwise they will immobilized and will take more damage from the wound caused by the harpoon. Should they succeed at the Strength check, they will have the option to free themselves from the harpoon, or to pull Ahab towards them in order to attack him.
    As a minor effect, the harpoon deals twice as much damage against Beasts of all ranks.

Blog Entries
    Yay, summer! I missed this thread and this idea has been kicking around in my head for awhile, so awkwardly dusting off my ability to remember how to word Nasu stuff. Excuse the cobwebs and silly thoughts.

(Also full credit and thanks to Magi for giving me a concept to steal in order to come up with this backdoor. I remain, as ever, unapologetically derivative ^^; ).

Servant: Caster
    Identity: Xuanzang

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Agility: B
    Mana: A
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: A

Appearance:
    A pleasant, soft-spoken young man who hardly looks his age, Caster could easily be mistaken for a delicate young teen rather than a well-traveled monk in his late twenties. His hair is a dark green, almost but not quite black, and his eyes are a warm gold. His childish, trusting smile is infectious and difficult to break.

Caster wears a sleeveless white and yellow monk's vest, with a bracelet of prayer beads around his left wrist. He also wears baggy white pants tied with a red string belt and a pair of beige sandals. He typically carries a simple shakujo staff with four jingling rings on it as his only obvious weapon. The staff changes forms as Caster activates his Noble Phantasms, shifting its identity between the weapons used by each of his former bodyguards.

When he goes beyond using their weapons and installs their actual identities, Caster becomes a much taller figure, usually athletic and muscular - with the exception of one form - and generally becomes quite handsome (again with the exception of one).

Class Abilities:
    Item Creation
    The skill to manufacture magical items. Caster is capable of making powerful religious scrolls and artifacts, but in life, it was often said that his works were too precise and mechanical compared to the works of others. Unsurprisingly, his work compares unfavorably to more gifted artisans of equivalent rank.

Territory Creation
    The skill to build a terrain advantageous to oneself as a magus. At this rank, creation of a workshop is possible.

Personal Skills:
    Knowledge of Respect and Harmony
    A skill that prevents any decrease in the effectiveness of a technique, regardless of how many times it is used against the same opponent

Protection of the Faith
    Even after making the journey to the west, Xuanzang devoted the entirety of his remaining life to translating the Buddhist texts, refusing all civil appointments and rewards for his effort. In return, he was protected constantly by the Bodhisattva, Guanyin, even from his own trusting naivete. While this skill bestows significant defensive protections to Caster, he is abnormally trusting and naive as a result, generally always confident that things will work out, to an altogether unhealthy and unrealistic degree.

Noble Phantasms:
    Tripitaka - Three Reincarnations of the Golden Cicada
    Type: Anti-Self
    A traditional Buddhist term meaning "three baskets", or the three receptacles in which the sacred Buddhist scriptures were originally stored, Tripitaka was also the name often attributed to the monk Xuanzang during his travels to bring the scrolls from India to China. This Noble Phantasm takes the form of the shakujo staff carried by Caster and represents the anecdotal stories that he was a reincarnation of Buddha's disciple, Golden Cicada.

The effect of this Noble Phantasm is to store "other selves" in the four rings carried on the shakujo - in this case, Caster's own identity and those of the three disciples he traveled with are stored and accessible by overwriting part of his own spiritual identity. By accessing their stored incarnations, Caster can transform the shakujo into the weapons that his three disciples had wielded in their journey to the west, allowing him access to their powers and abilities. However, as he only obtains their weapons, he is only able to touch a portion of their abilities in this form.

In order to access the full power of his disciples, it is necessary for Caster to "install" or equip their very identities onto himself, transforming him into an existance that is neither monk nor disciple, but an amalgamation of both. The mana cost for a full install is significantly higher, especially depending on the spiritual quality of the disciple being invoked, so this is Caster's last resort when his own skills are insufficient.

Yueya Chan - Spade of the Deep Sands
    Type: Anti-Unit
    The third and least of Caster's three disciples, the sand demon Sha Wujing takes the form of a golden monk's spade, with a flat shovel-like blade on one end and a crescent moon blade on the other. Having traditionally been associated with Buddhist burial rites by traveling monks, this weapon has powerful exorcism properties, and the effect is further amplified by Yueya Chan's status as the weapon of Sha Wujing, who became an arhat and advanced towards enlightenment through his travels with Caster. As a result, the purification effect and damage to this Noble Phantasm against spiritual bodies and especially Servants is greatly enhanced.

In its Installed form, Caster takes on attributes of Sha Wujing himself - his extremities become a dark, gritty texture like wet sand and his clothes become a navy Buddhist pilgrim's robe with a monk's necklace. He becomes significantly more muscular and imposing as his strength and endurance increase by one rank each. In addition, Caster takes on the properties of the sand creature who served him; early texts suggest that Sha Wujing had in fact been a deva of sand, and Caster is able to convert his body into sand, greatly improving his defensive ability while in this form as he can reshape and scatter parts or all of his body at will.

While not much of a fighter in comparison to his other two disciples' installed form, the value of this form is its tenacity, thanks to the sand-like body that was able to survive impalement by seven blades each day.

Jiuchi Dingpa - Rake of the Banished Marshal
    Type: Anti-Unit
    A jade-green and gold nine-tooth rake used by the half-pig Zhu Bajie when he was a marshal of heaven, Jiuchi Dingpa retains all of its power and authority even after Zhu Bajie was cast out for his greed and lust. Said to have controlled fire and ice, it retains the power to freeze and burn at Caster's discretion, allowing him to weaken and then melt obstacles in his way and to greatly hamper the defenses of anything used to protect against the rake. Even passively wielded, such is the power of this rake that Caster's strength and endurance are increased by one rank each while he is wielding it.

In its Installed form, Caster's bulk and muscle mass is greatly increased, transforming him even more than his other forms into a hulking, boar-like beastman. His hair darkens to a black shade and grows long and swept back like a mane and his garb becomes red armor and green pants that scarcely fits his new bloated physique. His strength and endurance each increase two ranks while in this form, though his agility is reduced by one rank due to Zhu Bajie's lesser discipline and coordination.

In this form, Caster gains access to B+ rank Monstrous Strength, further permitting him to power up in battle, but prolonged use converts his thinking to that of his former disciple, rendering him lazier and less capable as the fight and transformation drags on if he taps into this well of strength. Strangely, due to the corrupted and base spirit of Zhu Bajie, this is also the least expensive form for Caster to maintain of his three disciples. Were it only more reliable, it would likely be as much of a trump card for Caster as the monkey king himself.

Ruyi Jingu Bang - Rod of the Monkey King
    Type: Anti-Army
    The greatest and most fearsome of Caster's disciples, the staff of the monkey king is likewise the strongest weapon in Caster's arsenal. A magical staff of black iron gilded with gold, it resembles a pillar shrunken and repurposed into a chinese staff. The dimensions of the staff are freely malleable at Caster's will, allowing him to shrink or extend it at any time. The extension of the staff carries tremendous force, making it a high-pressure attack as well, and it remains the same weight for Caster to wield even though the weight felt by others changes to suit its current proportions.

In its installed form, Caster takes on the attributes of Sun Wukong, the infamous monkey king, increasing his strength, endurance, and agility by two full ranks each. Caster becomes garbed in black and red baggy pants, cut off at the knees to leave his furred feet bare, and a white-furred red vest that leaves his torso mostly bare along with a golden circlet. His features become more animal-like, with fanged teeth and his hair becomes shaggy and dark brown, with pronounced sideburns and a goatee along with a matching monkey's tail.

While Installed, he has full access to the shapeshifting and martial prowess of the monkey king, making this form by a large margin his most dangerous in terms of physical combat. However, like installing Jiuchi Dingpa, this Noble Phantasm has a distortive effect on Caster when invoked - his personality becomes more malicious and crafty in battle and he gains access to A+ rank Subversive Activities and Clairvoyance, but loses his innate Knowledge of Respect and Harmony. As such, he is most reluctant to use it, even though it is by far his most effective Noble Phantasm; he is more likely to resort to calling on Zhu Bajie even when Sun Wukong is clearly the most effective initial response.
    Last edited by Sunny; May 26th, 2014 at 06:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    What is this? Prisma Ilya incorporated in an interesting way for a canon-style Servant?

I love it. The execution is clever and I like your workaround for the issues so often faced by people trying to work with Journey to the West.

He has a pretty clear sense of character and who he actually is, and seems exceedingly capable of adapting to a multitude of circumstances.

This is really a cool profile, so if this is you being derivative then please do continue.

Blog Entries
    @Cyber Angel
    Oh Jesus how did no one else have that idea before? It's fucking amazing.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Prisma Illya? I see it, but I thought he meant the Djinn Equips from Magi.

At any rate, it is a cool sheet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Prisma Illya? I see it, but I thought he meant the Djinn Equips from Magi.

At any rate, it is a cool sheet.
    I chose Install as the term because of Illya, but yeah, the bulk of the inspiration was Magi's djinn equip stuff and more accurate to credit that. ^^;

Realized it would be a sneaky, mean little back door around the "no Wukongs for you" restriction. The harder part was thinking up powers for sandy and the pig, but I'm pretty happy with Sandman and Ganon.

This has been poking around in my head for awhile along with a couple of others, but it was probably the easiest of the ones I have percolating. I'm happy it is interesting, though yeah - I was so convinced someone else must have done him that I was putting him off.

Blog Entries
    I like this idea quite a lot. Another nice work, Cyber Angel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    Realized it would be a sneaky, mean little back door around the "no Wukongs for you" restriction.
    I actually just recently finished up a Sun Wukong bio actually. Still polishing, but I think the concepts I've played with have the potential to make it interesting, characterwise.

JP Friend Code
    A Saber without a sword Noble Phantasm? Has magecraft gone too far?

Servant info:
    Spoiler:

A knight and his shrew fair maiden

Name: Sir Breunor le Noir, Knight of the Ill-Fitting Coat
    Class: Saber
    Alignment: Neutral Good

Strength: B
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B
    Mana: D
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: B

Skills
    Spoiler:
    Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: B
    Cancels spells with a chant below three verses. Even High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals find it difficult to affect Saber.

Riding: D
    Capable of riding horses with professional skill.

Personal Skills:

Bravery: A
    Negates almost all kinds of Mental Interference. Saber was the only Knight of the Round Table to offer to help Maledisant avenge the dead knight of the black shield. He also had to endure all of her insults throughout their quest, claiming that he wasn't good enough to complete it.

Maiden-Led: A
    A skill exclusive to Saber, symbol of his quest with Maledisant. It grants him effects similar to that of Instinct, as well as two Rank-Ups to Luck whenever he is accompanied by a female Master in battle.

Noble Phantasm
    Spoiler:
    La Cote Male Taile – An Ill-Fitting Coat

Anti-Unit (Self), Rank C

The cloak worn by Sir Breunor's father when he was murdered by an enemy of his, a death which Breunor swore to avenge. It is a deep black, slighty tattered cape, and the holes opened by the murderer's dagger can be easily spotted. Contrary to what should normally happen (something worn by a murdered person when they were killed should only bring misfortune), wearing this cloak will only strengthen Sir Breunor, for it is the living memory of the very reason he became a knight and helped Maledisant. It will grant him one Rank-Up to Endurance and Bravery, as well as Battle Continuation of Rank C as long as it's worn.

Bouclier Noir – Relic of a Forgotten Hero

Anti-Army, Rank A

The shield brought by Maledisant before the Knights of the Round Table, once belonging to her fiancé, a knight killed in Sorelois. It is mostly black, bearing the image of a white hand holding a sword. Another item belonging to a murdered person, it was essential in Sir Breunor's quest. When using the shield, Sir Breunor will gain one Rank-Up to Magic Resistance. It is also rather sturdy on its own, being capable of endure multiple hits from Rank A Noble Phantasms. However, its effect is fairly more attractive than that. When Breunor fights alone against multiple enemies, the shield will cause the power of each foe to drop; Servants will have their parameters drop by one Rank for every additional foe faced by Saber; Magecraft will be weaker at twice that rate (2 Rank-Downs for every additional foe), while Noble Phantasms at half of it (1 Rank-Down for every two additional foes). This effect has a maximum of 12 targets, and will not affect Noble Phantams of Rank A or higher.

Lore
    Spoiler:
    One of the knights of Arthur's court, brother of Sir Daniel and Sir Dinadan. Breunor arrived in Camelot seeking to be knighted by Arthur, in order to avenge his father's murder. Because he was wearing the cloak with which his father had been murdered, Sir Kay nicknamed him "La Cote Male Taile", the "Ill-Fitting Cloak". While his appeal was initially rejected, he gained the title after saving Queen Guinevere from an escaped lion.

On the same day, a nameless maiden appeared before the knights, bringing with her a black shield with the image of a hand holding a sword. She claimed that it belonged to a great knight who had been murdered, and requested the help of the heroes of Camelot in avenging him. The only one who accepted her request was Breunor, but upon seeing that her champion was young and wore a tattered cloak, she began throwing witty insults at him, claiming he was not good enough for the task. However, none of this stopped the knight.

During their quest, they met up with Mordred once, and Lancelot later, and throughout the whole time, the maiden (nicknamed Maledisant, "Evil-speaking") continued to insult Breunor. With Mordred, Breunor invaded the Castle Orgulous. After Mordred got injured, he continued alone, defeating twelve skilled knights alone using the shield. Yet Maledisant continued to insult him. Only during their encounter with Lancelot it's that she stops with the insults, at the request of the knight of the lake, who then renames her Bien Pensant ("Well-thinking"). She then reveals that she only insulted Breunor in order to discourage the knight from taking the quest, for she thought it was too risky. With Lancelot's help, Breunor accomplishes the quest given to him by the maiden, whom he eventually made his wife, and who was renamed Beauvivant ("Well-living"). They return to Camelot, and after Breunor avenges his father, live happily ever after. Until the war and the Battle of Camlann and all of that stuff, but that's another story.
    Last edited by Zork Knight; May 29th, 2014 at 12:16 PM.

So his shield induces Conservation of Ninjutsu? That's pretty cool. Haven't really seen anything like that since F/Z's Assassin.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    He's pretty neat. I like the idea, though a Saber without a sword is admittedly pretty weird. I assume he probably has a non-phantasmal sword, but I like to imagine he just punches everyone with his shield. With the bonus to Bravery his coat provides he gets bonus melee damage, which is handy. The idea of his shield being used as a blunt-force attack of Rank A+++ish (NP Ranks are +2 to regular attacks, and he gets the bonus damage) amuses me greatly, since I like to imagine he's hitting so hard he makes Herk take pause.

Pretty basic set of skills and no particularly unique attack, but I do like the whole dividing of power thing going on there. I feel that halving/thirding/whatever someone's power is sort of extreme, I'd maybe have it drop all enemies Parameters by a Rank for each extra enemy beyond the first. This has the side effect of making 2 Servants against him still very dangerous, but with four or more they're all suffering such big stat drops that you get the nice "can fight off 12 knights" thing whilst still providing them a very slim chance (since they presumably can't drop below E, maybe enough of them could eventually overwhelm him, possibly).

JP Friend Code
    Changed Bouclier Noir's effect. Hopefully less OPish than before.