Page 533 of 782 FirstFirst ... 33433483523528531532533534535538543583633 ... LastLast
Results 10,641 to 10,660 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Man, god was such an Ass in Moses' story, considering he basically set the whole thing up, manipulating the Pharaoh to say No to Moses' reasonable request of a free day, just so he could kill them all and stuff.
    Break, please don't.
    On the other thand, OT YHWH is recovering from being the lightning-bolt-throwing El.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Break, please don't.
    I mean, it's true. Old Testament God was a pretty big asshole, all things considered.

Blog Entries
    See the second part of my statement. It's especially relevant when speaking about Moses.
    The whole previously-known-as-Canaanite's-El thing.

Not dismissing the claim, but break's comment is lacking.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 3rd, 2015 at 02:01 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Originally Jews regarded YHWH as one of many of gods but only one worth their worship. Existence of others was acknowledged, but they simply claimed their tribal god was superior to gods of other tribes and nations. That he was not too nice, to put it mildly, is because the tribe who made up him was not exactly nice (but that's applying modern standards of Western civilization to semi-nomadic shepherd folk).

Blog Entries
    Well yeah, henotheism is the base for Judeo-Christian theology. I'm just saying that, according to the burning bush scene, YHWH identifies himself as "known as El to the Canaanites".
    F/GO SUPPORT

Me, fighting? Perish the thought. Stasis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    he is more of a subordinate to God and his divine plan.
    Yep, that is also what I understood. The devil has never been anyting but a creation of God in order to test the faith of its people - when he is not doing it himself (hey go kill your own son cuz it's really funny for me, ain't to worry)-, regulary sending different hardships to rest assured that even in the deepest of despair, they would still believe in him. Though, the book of Job seems a bit contradictory on that point.

The tempation side of the devil was much more prominent back then.
    Last edited by Stasis; March 3rd, 2015 at 06:14 PM.
    You never know when those things come in handy...

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    when he is not doing it himself (hey go kill your own son cuz it's really funny for me, ain't to worry)-,
    Some theologians argue it was Mastema or his subordinate Angel (out of the trio of Mastema, Belial and Satan, the third is unique in that he operates always alone) in that case, so God could have tested Abraham indirectly.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Council's Avatar
    Which makes a modicum of sense. For God to muck around with the faith of the people is pointless. He already knows everything, what's there for him to test? To prove a suboordinate they are wrong is at least possible.
    They are a family in the end<3
    [IMG]****************************convkey/b661/18u906w0cxufpguzg.jpg[/IMG]

I have commited a horrible crime.
    Nooooo, my auto-merge.
    ; - ;

Blog Entries
    Old Testament God is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. He is a fairly powerful regional deity.

Old Testament God is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. He is a fairly powerful regional deity.
    He isn't?o.o I should have been more thorough when I read the bible. Christians must have given him a gift rental to the gym, then...
    Last edited by Council; March 3rd, 2015 at 06:38 PM.

Nooooo, my auto-merge.
    ; - ;

Blog Entries
    The notion of Abrahamic God being omniscient and omnipotent still developed in ancient times, so making the mistake that his followers regarded him as one since the beginning is easy.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, Genesis 2 YHWH is kind of a Homer Simpson: a lot of "d'oh" moments.
    Also, the snake in Eden is incorrectly attributed to be Ha'Satan. Not actually true.

Yay, my major allows me to make these statements with more than just amateur research backing it up.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 3rd, 2015 at 08:34 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Class: Saber (Rider)
    True Name: Sir Kay
    Alignment: True Neutral

STR: **** A
    END: **** A+
    AGI: ***** B
    MGI: ***** D
    LCK: ***** C
    NP: ***** B

Keywords
    KEYWORDS

Arthurian Cycle

The name given to the collection of tales centered on the King of Knights and his contemporaries. The legends regarded in modern times as symbolic to the ideals of chivalry. Many of the elements that appear here – such as the holy sword Excalibur, the royal castle of Camelot and the glorious Round Table – are notorious all across the world.

Gwyneu Goddwf Hir

Sir Kay’s favorite horse and one of the “Three Sprightly Steeds of the Island of Britain”. As a purebred stallion that received first-rate rearing, its base abilities are naturally high. Also, despite not being an animal trained for war, this chestnut-colored horse can perform well in combat thanks to the deep trust that it developed with its master.

CLASS SKILLS

Magic Resistance: B-
    The capacity to negate or abate the effects of Magecraft. Negates Magecraft invoked with an aria of three verses or less. It is difficult to injure him even with High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

As a proud member of the Knights of the Round Table, Kay possesses a Magic Resistance worthy of the Saber Class. However, due to the anecdotes regarding his relationship with the magus Merlin having a negative effect on him, at times a successful LCK Check is necessary before this Skill can properly function.

Riding: B
    The technical skill to mount on vehicles. It also displays its effects on mechanized vehicles. If it is an ordinary vehicle, then he can manage it better than an average person. It is also possible to control wild beasts that have never been tamed by humans, but he is unable to drive Phantasm Species of Magic Beast and Holy Beast rank such as Pegasus, Gryphon or the Dragon Species.

PERSONAL SKILLS

Dialogue Techniques: A
    The Skill to smoothly spin words in order to manage human relationships in a favorable manner. Though mainly denotes the talent to persuade others diplomatically, it also implies the technique to deceive people through lies and half-truths.

Eye of the Mind (True): B
    Insight cultivated from training and learning. The “logic of battle” to calmly grasp one’s situation and the abilities of the enemy and find out a means of escape when in a dilemma. If the possibility of a reversal is even 1%, a chance can be pulled out by putting this strategy into practice.

A veteran knight that served King Arthur since early in his career, Sir Kay earned himself the fame of being one the “Three Battle-Diademed Men of the Island of Britain”.

Military Tactics: C
    Tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one’s own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or dealing against an enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasm.

Back during the golden days of Camelot, he often acted as a military adviser for the king.

Prana Burst (Flames): B
    Increase of ability by covering one's weapon or own body with magical energy and then instantaneously releasing it. Jet propulsion by means of magical energy so to speak. At B Rank, it is possible to raise the performance of offensive armaments.

Originally a Skill meant for battle, but Sir Kay lacks the magical capacity to properly capitalize on it. Instead, he mostly employs this in order to perform minor tricks (such as irradiating heat from his hands and using it to dry wet clothes, or raising the temperature of the surroundings in order to bend light and create the illusion of him being larger than actually is).

NOBLE PHANTASM

Banborc – The White Glimmer of Steel
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Saber’s weapon-of-choice. An heirloom belonging to the royal house of Northumbria, said to shine brightly when bathed in sunlight. When the engagement between Sir Kay and princess Andrivete of Northumbria was formalized, he received this treasured sword as a dowry.

Bandorc prevents the wounded opponent from recovering, in other words it possesses the effect of inflicting an unhealable wound. Because the damage from this magic sword reduces the upper limit of HP itself, no matter what kind of healing magecraft, regeneration ability one uses, he can only recover up to the condition in which the wound was sustained. Also, it is impossible to dispel this curse; its revocation can only be achieved by destroying the magic sword or defeating its user, Sir Kay.

Furthermore, due possessing anecdotes of giant extermination, this is a weapon that inflicts additional damage against opponents possessing attributes as demi-humans.

Background
    BACKGROUND

Sir Kay. A distinctive character of Arthurian legends, this veteran warrior is a founding member of he Knights of the Round Table. At the same time, one of the rare individuals who knew Arthur Pendragon since before he became king.

Kay came into this world as the only son of an old knight named Ector. A loyal servant of the previous king – Uther Pendragon – Sir Ector was entrusted with the newly born Arthur by the court mage Merlin. Thus, Kay and Arthur were raised as foster-siblings.

Living together under he same roof since kids – sharing food, bath and bed on a daily basis – the two grew naturally close to each other. Owner of an acid tongue, many stories describe that Kay often belittled Arthur during their youth. Still, that behavior was not something born out of ill will, but rather merely the commonplace situation of an older brother ascertaining his preeminence. If anything, Kay was actually quite overprotective about Arthur.

On the ceremony of king’s selection, Kay participated as a knight that would serve the next monarch. After all the candidates for the throne failed to draw the sword on the stone and the selection process changed into a joust tournament. The knight suddenly noticed that the young Arthur, who had accompanied him as squire, was nowhere to be found. Worried, he immediately began to search for his sibling and was shocked to find Arthur near the stone of selection, carrying the golden sword of the king.

Drawn by the commotion, all the nobles and knights present became equally stupefied with the situation. Not having seen it happen themselves, they asked Kay to confirm who had drawn the sword. In a moment of self-interest, the knight attempted to claim the feat as his own. However, he swallowed those words before finishing them and instead admitted that Arthur had been to do it.

According to legends, Kay then became the first to praise the heir of Pendragon as king and swear fealty.

Unwilling Witness

After that fateful day, Kay served faithfully under the King of Knights for years. Recognizing his excellent management skills, Arthur appointed Sir Kay as the royal steward and left all matters regarding the administration of the royal capital under his care. Later, with the establishment of the Round Table, Kay was placed as one of its highest-ranking members, thus securing his position as the king’s close aide.

On hindsight, there was probably no greater form of torture that could be imposed on him than this.

Being the king’s aide meant that Kay got to witness up close the fate that ultimately befell Arthur. In order to shoulder the heavy duties of the king, Arthur’s personal happiness had to sacrificed for the sake of the kingdom. The more the personification of an ideal king was perfected, the less Kay could see of the joyful, innocent kid that was once his sibling.

Kay had to watch as Arthur’s life became more and more distorted due to the king’s duties. Worse, he had to remain silent through it all. Even without Merlin’s restrains, he was no longer in a position in which he would be allowed say anything about it. For the first knight to raise a complaint against the king would be in itself a bombshell that could collapse the very foundations of the kingdom.

Like many of his fellow knights, Sir Kay met his end at the Battle of Camlann. The one witness that asserted Arthur’s life from beginning to the end. In his final moments, he couldn’t help but regret how things turned out… especially because he could have prevented all that from happening.

On the day of selection, what stopped Kay from claiming the throne for himself was no sense of righteousness, but simple fear. Although tempted by the promise of power and glory at first, he was soon able to discern the severity of the responsibilities that came along and became overwhelmed with dread. Had he carried out that simple lie, at the very least Arthur would have been spared. But instead, he ended up shoving that fate on his beloved sibling just to save his own skin.

Kay’s only wish is overturn the events that unfolded on the day of selection. However, the prayer that he carries in his heart is not the prosperity of the kingdom, but merely the happiness of his sibling (little sister).

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

A questions for creators more experienced... I have searched the thread to see what guidelines one would need to abide by for a sheet, and found the rule Heroic Spirits after the end of the 19th Century are only people who've done more than save humanity, therefore very rare.

To find such has been a cause of distress to me - I had two Servant designs I was invested in (months of research involved for the first one) I cannot in good conscience use anymore. But, there are two others who have been born in the 19th, while only done what would have qualified them as Heroes in the 20th. Would they qualify? Or most people who were born in but died after the 1800s has missed their chance as anything beyond not-Kojirou category cheats?
    Last edited by Council; March 4th, 2015 at 12:20 PM.

Nooooo, my auto-merge.
    ; - ;

Blog Entries
    I personally stretch the deadline for Heroic Spirit candidates to 1914, as WW1 for once and all made a single human's contribution meaningless.

I personally stretch the deadline for Heroic Spirit candidates to 1914, as WW1 for once and all made a single human's contribution meaningless.
    Thank you~ Your categorization would let one of the two qualify. I will wait to see how many people agree with you. I'm glad regardless<3
    Last edited by Council; March 4th, 2015 at 12:20 PM.

Nooooo, my auto-merge.
    ; - ;

Blog Entries
    It's only my personal opinion and fanon, I'm sure canon states anything post 19th century is not allowed (Note that people like Li Shunwen were active already in 19th century, so him dying in 1930s does not have any impact).

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Council View Post
    A questions for creators more experienced... I have searched the thread to see what guidelines one would need to abide by for a sheet, and found the rule Heroic Spirits after the end of the 19th Century are only people who've done more than save humanity, therefore very rare.

To find such has been a cause of distress to me - I had two Servant designs I was invested in (months of research involved for the first one) I cannot in good conscience use anymore. But, there are four others who have been born in the 19th, while only done what would have qualified them as Heroes in the 20th. Would they qualify? Or most people who were born in but died after the 1800s has missed their chance as anything beyond not-Kojirou category cheats?
    If we are to go by Li Shuwen, people born in the 19th century that lived to see the 20th are candidates for Heroic Spirit/Anti-Hero/etc-dom

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Problem is thinking of classes for them. If in doubt Caster, I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Problem is thinking of classes for them. If in doubt Caster, I suppose.
    The people in question are clear canditates for a baseline Rider and Saber - no difficulty.

Nooooo, my auto-merge.
    ; - ;