Page 556 of 782 FirstFirst ... 56456506546551554555556557558561566606656 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,120 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Do him anyway. You'd probably get away with it? I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Obviously you just make it so that Khufu is not older than Gil.

Gil is the original, so anyone else either comes later or is not a hero.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Council's Avatar
    Fafnir, were you asleep for the rest of the comments? Go back to your lair, you're drunk.
    They are a family in the end<3
    [IMG]****************************convkey/b661/18u906w0cxufpguzg.jpg[/IMG]

I have commited a horrible crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Nooooo, my auto-merge.
    ; - ;

Quote Originally Posted by Council View Post
    Fafnir, were you asleep for the rest of the comments? Go back to your lair, you're drunk.
    I have no idea what you are talking about, nor do I know what this not-being-drunk thing is.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Council's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about, nor do I know what this not-being-drunk thing is.
    Oh, don't you understand? Since you're drunk you can sleep in every day<3
    They are a family in the end<3
    [IMG]****************************convkey/b661/18u906w0cxufpguzg.jpg[/IMG]

I have commited a horrible crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Nooooo, my auto-merge.
    ; - ;

JP Friend Code
    Oops.
    Last edited by linkhyrule5; May 4th, 2015 at 04:29 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Modern Fiction servants go in the Modern Fiction thread!

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    Modern Fiction servants go in the Modern Fiction thread!
    You didn't see anything. [/penguin wave]

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Class: Saber
    True Name: ???
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

STR: A MGI: A
    END: A LCK: B
    AGI: B NP: EX

Background:_______________________________________ _________________________________

I am the bone of my sword.

Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
    I rampaged through countless battles
    Not even once retreating,
    Not even once being understood,
    I was always alone.
    Intoxicated with victory in a hill of swords
    I looked back, and saw the devastation I brought
    Did my life have no meaning?
    I have no regrets, this is the only path

––– EXCALIBUR ORIGIN!!

Spoiler:
    What happens when you pick King Arthur, Lancelot, a couple other Knights of the Round Table, mix it in a blender with Achilles and Cu Chulainn, garnish with Prometheus and decorate the whole with Heracles? You get an invulnerable and invincible superweapon that annhilates the battlefield by itself, that’s what.
    And that superweapon, ladies and gentlemen, is Batraz.

His legend originating from the North Caucasus, he is a superhuman and arguably the strongest warrior among the mythical race known as Narts (“Heroes”).
    His inhuman birth mirrors that of gods: he was in fact born as an abscess between his father’s shoulders (after her mother, a water spirit, was forced to return to her abode mid-pregnancy); his obstetrician was Satanya, the mythological wise matriarch of the Narts, the “mother of a hundred sons”. With a steel blade she delivers the baby who, already burning red-hot with energy (a foreshadowing of the internal fire that would rampage inside Batraz as an adult), precipitates into seven cauldrons filled with water to quench his fire. He is then tempered under the hammer of the divine smith Kurdalægon, turning his skin into blue and invulnerable steel – so yes, he’s basically a Man of Steel...

Batraz is immediatedly recognized as the most powerful among his people, a peerless warrior without flaws “or at the very least but one”. He spends most of his time in the heavenly abode with Kurdalægon, however whenever overwhelming forces threatens his people, Satanya prays for his intervention and he hurls down from the invisible celestial place with the power of a meteorite surrounded by lightning. He is described as possessed by a monstruous warrior frenzy, his metallic skin heated to white hot flames, routing giants with just the sound of his voice, and having to quench his body into the sea to return to normal.

As a matter of fact, Batraz was in the end just too powerful for his own good... and everybody else. Unstoppable and invulnerable, there was nothing he couldn’t slay. In life he massacrated men, monsters and Nature Spirits alike without difference. To avenge his father’s murder, he decimated his own people. It reached the point where his uncontrollable presence became just too much.

Pressured by the Nature Spirits, rightfully afraid of his rage, God himself had to intervene. He ordered the sun to unleash the amount of heat he would give in a year in just a single day, heating the only part of Batraz that was vulnerable, his internal organs (thus bypassing his defense). Batraz put little to no fight against this decision, on the contrary: moved to piety by the few surviving Narts who begged to be spared, he realized what tragedy he had unleashed, and so accepted his death.

He couldn’t however just die that easily. His life and soul were in fact linked spiritually to his magical sword. On his deathbed, he asked his companions to throw the weapon in the sea. They however cannot bring themselves to it, for the sword is too heavy, and the connection it has with the hero. They instead hid it, and return to Batraz claiming to have performed his last wish. But Batraz asks them:

“What prodigious signs have you witnessed upon throwing it into the water?”

The men obviously are unable to answer. This time, further pressured, they actually resort to carry out the final rite, and throw the sword into the ocean. The water then turned into the color of blood, the sea boiled and the sky was shaked by a storm. Batraz dies. According to the legend, it is said that the sword still lies at the bottom of the sea, and when the modern heirs of the region see lightning in the western sky, they attribute the flash to Batraz’s sword leaping from the sea to the sky.
    The parallel with King Arthur’s final moments, in which Bedivere has to be incited into returning Excalibur to the realm of the Lady of the Lake is obvious, and this led many scholars to postulate that the legend of Batraz is in fact its archetype, later spread by the migrating populations (such as the Alans) until it reached France and the British islands, originating respectively the myth of Lancelot, the peerless warrior that slays his own comrades and King Arthur, the insular counterpart.

Batraz is one of those Heroic Spirits that can be summoned in multiple Classes. Due to his proficency with weapons and his deeds, he can be summoned in every container aside from Caster.

Class and Personal Skills:___________________________________________ ________________________

Magic Resistance: A
    It grants protection against magical effects. At this level it cancels spells of A-Rank or below. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern Magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer".

Riding: B
    The expertise to ride animals and vehicles. Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

Eye of the Mind (False): A
    A natural talent to avoid danger on the basis of an innate 6th sense, intuition, or prescience, where accuracy of instinct has been augmented by experience – somewhat overcoming the problem of visual obstructions that appear in the course of combat. Other than an instinctual grasp of the status of battle, it provides resistance against penalties caused by visual obstructions.

Man of Steel: A
    The metallic constitution of Saber’s body. In itself a remarkable work of Divine Spirits, it’s an unnatural appearance that only someone born through non-human ways can show. It offers unparalled protection to physical damage.
    It must be noted that Batraz doesn’t just wield the lightning, he is the lightning incarnated. He shares this element by his association and origin from the Sarmatians, a group of Iranian people rooting back to the Indo-European culture: in this culture, iron and the thunderbolt were closely associated, representing two sides of the same symbol, the might of heaven.
    Saber’s greatest defense, it’s also at the same time what could be regarded as his sole weakness. If he overexherts himself in fact, the internal combustion of energy might eventually damage his internal organs: after each fight, Batraz had to cool down his body to prevent overheating; he took abode among the clouds, on the peak of a mountain, cooling off his body against a glacier.

Prana Burst (Lightning): A
    The increase in performance caused by infusing one's weapons and body with magical energy and instantly expelling it. Simply put, recreating the effect of a jet burst by expending large amounts of prana. A normal weapon that is not on the level of a divine mystery can be destroyed in one blow. Raises defense in several times.
    In Saber’s case, it’s a version that infuses his weapons and body with raging lightning and thunder, heating his metallic body to white-hot degrees.

Soul of a Warrior: EX
    The disposition of the warrior’s spirit. Equally valiant and catastrophic, incredibly Batraz managed to maintain his soul pure, his holy sword never becoming a demonic weapon no matter how much blood of monsters and kinsmen it was bathed in. This because, even while massacrating his own people, he always managed to remain true to the spirit of a fighter.

“Warriors are meant to fight. Swords are meant to kill. There is no ‘wrong’ or ‘evil’ in this. It’s merely the expression of their self.”

Staying true to the invisible laws of the soul and Origin, being a saviour when recquired or a slaughterer to avenge the greatest offense, the killing of one’s parents, Batraz swam through emotions and categories without ever being afflicted by them nor allowing them to taint his core, which remained pure from any contamination.
    Much like the absolute solipsism/ideal of a certain King of Heroes, it’s the greatest achievement in protection from spiritual interference, achieved through perfect synchronization between one’s self and its ideal; not even All the World’s Evil can overcome his mind.

Noble Phantasms:________________________________________ _________________________________

Thunderbolt Iron: Missile of the Heavenly Sphere
    Type: Anti-Unit

The manifestation of Batraz’s impetuous descent from heaven, which was identified with the roaring of thunder and metallic sound. It’s not just a mere technique, but a true mytheme incarnated.
    It represents the ‘celestial iron that came from the sky’, the metallic property of the Sky Gods’ weapons and forged for their use, be either Zeus’ Thunderbolt, Indra’s Vajra or Thor’s Mjölnir: it’s the Hammer of the God, the pervading and crushing force and will of the thunderer deity, syncretized in the form of a lightning having metallic qualities, and when it strikes it represents divinity directly manifested into the mortal world.
    Meteoric iron, that is the iron that falls from the sky, has always been considered a mystical source for iron, and before the discovery of iron smelting, it was the only source of iron available: it was thus held in high importance and regard, and used even before the Iron Age to make cultural objects and weapons.
    As a side note, the etymology of Caliburn-Excalibur is sometimes given as the corruption from Latin “Ex Calce Liberatus” – that is, making the weapon rather than the Sword (Pulled) From The Stone, the Stone (Extracted) From Stone, referring to the actual process of forging it, in which meteoric iron (considered magical) might have been involved.
    Batraz overcharges his limbs with prana, increasing his power and speed, and charges at the target while enveloped and surrounded by sparks of lightning, rushing at blinding speed, turning his whole metallic body into a crushing hammerstrike that can break anything. It’s a technique that can be used in every direction, not just to strike from above. A truly overwhelming attack that cannot be matched, only avoided through extreme luck and reflexes. The sagas tell of Batraz’s intervention and descent from heaven, perforating the earth below upon landing.
    When using this technique, it would appear improper to classify Batraz as a mere ‘weapon’, like a sword, arrow or spear, and their differences in nature and offensive characteristics; it makes him more akin to an air-to-surface missile, an overpowering assault in both range and damage that leaves nothing resisting, not a flamethrower but a plasma cutter that slices through the target with both impetus and heat.

Excalibur Origin: Sword of Promised Victory
    Type: Anti-Fortress

When he was still young, Batraz acquired his wonderful sword by extracting it from the roots of a giant tree.
    This is a highly symbolical scene; it was in fact tradition among the Sarmatians to bury the dead warriors with their weapons, with which they shared a spiritual connection. As such, Batraz’s action is allegorical: he retrieves and embodies (through his mystical connection with the weapon) the ‘fighting spirit’ of the previous fallen warriors from the underworld (the underground from which it is unearthed) through a symbol of the renewed life, the tree that grows above the tomb, deriving life-sustaining nourishment from the anonymous (and thus potentially linked with every) souls of the deceased.
    All the glories and dreams of fighters, all the warriors’ aspirations of fighting and the soldiers’ hopes for the wars to not be in vain and survive the battlefield and return home, in the shape of a holy sword shining with pure light. A god-forged Divine Construct that only the strongest warrior can wield at full power: a weapon meant for divine hands, but bestowed to Batraz as an exception by the spirits. And at his death, it had to be returned to the otherworldly realm from where it originated. Only a very few selected people would be chosen in the future to wield its power, and with them the name of this weapon would change and its nature shaped by the ideals of its owner, for example the Caladbolg (“Hard Lightning”) of Fergus mac Róich or the Excalibur (“Steel Cutter”) of Arturus, king of the Britons. It always resurfaces in the moments of strife and war, and awarded to the only hero who can make the difference.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Designing notes:
    Originally, the servant summoned in this way was meant to be Shirou’s Saber... and an actual sentient sword. I had this idea of an actual weapon being summoned as a servant waaay back when I first started making fanmade servants. Obviously it was summoned due to Shirou’s Avalon and Sword origin, which he shared with the hero whose life depended upon the sword.

This Batraz is supposed to be the prototype behind Proto!Saber, this explans the rank of Excalibur Origin, and why he’s male. Although if I were to commission fanart, it would totally be a seiba clone.
    Apropos: the Scythians are also regarded as the origin for the Greek myth of the amazons, as women were as much warriors as the men, and burial grounds of females with weapons have been found. So, if female, you could also add ‘Origin of the Amazon myth’ to his curriculum.

If the infos seem disjointed and/or contraddicting to you it’s because well, they are. I couldn’t for the life of me find a whole account of his legend, or that of the Nart Saga for that matter, only snippets and second-hand sources here and there, mostly essays comparing his and King Arthur’s figure. Google fu could do nothing against the obscurity of his character...

Incidentally, I believe he could be the Saber summoned in F/SF. He is associated with the figure of King Arthur (as hinted by Excalibur), and if he were just Male!Arthur I don’t see the need for such mystery around him. Hence why Batraz.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well that's certainly an interesting Servant. Though the Soul Of A Warrior skill is probably unnecessary. It's not like Gilgamesh has a skill that is literally "he is mothafuckin' Gilgamesh so your shit doesn't influence him for shit".

And the aping of the UBW chant feels really out of place.
    Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; May 4th, 2015 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    So it's been a little while but here's a new one I've been working on in bursts over the past year or more. The original idea was just the whimsical, spurious notion of "Midas as a boxer who turns things to gold with his punches" but further research showed links to both FSN and FZ Rider, and I ended up jut running with that. It was fun, overall. I imagine Rider to be something of an Anti Gilgamesh, in terms of personality and traits.

Midas I
    Man With The Golden Touch

Class: Rider
    Alternate Classes: Striker
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Parameters:
    Strength: B
    Endurance:
    C
    Agility: B
    Mana: D
    Luck: B
    Appearance

History:
    A young peasant who was appointed as king of Phrygia on the word of an oracle, Rider was destined for great things as the son of the Earth Mother goddess and the appointed chosen one of the Sky Father god. He brought peace to a torn land, and was a wise king, for the most part. His failing was that his past as a poor commoner led him to scrabble for wealth, asking his own divine patrons for wealth beyond compare and receiving it in the form of the cursed Midas Touch, the ability to turn anything he touched into gold.

Although several versions of the myth retelling his story lead to his death due to being unable to eat or drink without it becoming gold, this is merely a morally-laden alteration of the truth. In reality, Midas was able to gain control of his transmutational ability and realised his desire for wealth had almost undone him, and so he took to living a simple life, without grand riches and shows of power. He would often take company with a satyr, and was once cursed by a powerful Nature Spirit to have the ears of a donkey, which he hid fearfully from his subjects in embarrassment.

Of course, eventually the secret got out, and though his people laughed at Midas he eventually learned to accept his new appearance and came to peace with it, eventually bringing his people around to the idea as well. Though his rule was not perfect or flawless, when Midas did finally pass away due to old age, he was held in high regard by his people and the stories about him allowed him to transcend to the level of a Legendary King.

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects prana, this ability cancels the spells altogether.

• C: Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Riding
    The expertise to ride animals and vehicles.

• A+: All creatures, including those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts. However, Dragons cannot be ridden without an additional specific skill.

Personal Skills:
    Divinity
    The measure of whether one has aptitude as a Divine Spirit. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a materialized Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster, Demonic Beast raises. It can also decrease due one's dislike for the gods. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith.

• B: The son of the human king Gordias and Cybele. Cybele was an earth goddess with links to the primal Mother Goddess of Catalhoyuk, worshipped by a Phrygian cult and seen by the Greeks as an exotic foreign goddess of animals and the land. Due to this positively ancient divine heritage Rider is totally immune to earth-based techniques such as petrification, and animals and beasts are less deadly to him.

Golden Rule
    Measures one's fortune to acquire wealth.

• A: Money problems are completely unknown.

Mystic Eyes
    The possession of Mystic Eyes that are capable of interfering with the outside world.

• B: Mystic Eyes of Petrification inherited from his mother, Cybele. Though not aberrant monstrosities like those possessed by a certain Gorgon, these Mystic Eyes are substantially powerful. Limitations of petrification are a requirement of eye contact and suitable magical defenses.

Pygmachia
    An ancient form of boxing that endured throughout Greek history, and a predecessor to the arts of pankration developed by mythical heroes.

• B: Unrecognised in his legends, Rider was a true champion of pygmachia and was a boxer beyond compare in the Phrygian realm. His martial prowess can be said to be comparable to other famed heroes of the Mediterranean region, though perhaps less versatile. When engaged in close-range combat and unarmed, Rider’s instincts are exceptional

Midas Touch
    Rings of Endless Gold

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 0
    Targets: 1-2

Description: The ancestral progenitors to the famed ring of misfortune Andvauranaut, which would spring forth five more golden rings each night. Transferred from the coffers of an ancient king of Sumeria, each hand bears a ring of great power that would grant their wearer “all the wealth in the world”. This is achieved by catalyzation of an alchemical process by which basic matter is transmuted into elemental gold. Flowing a small amount of prana into the rings is what converts them into potent catalysts for such a transformation, and they are in essence masterful Mystic Codes constructed by a genius alchemist who predated the Atlas Institute and the Sea of Estray by several millennia.

When Rider was first granted these rings by a Divine Spirit, he was unaware of how to control the flow of his prana and so would tragically transform every item he touched into gold, but he eventually learned how to restrain his prana flow from entering the rings and became able to control the ability far more precisely. It did take a court magus, however, to undo the golden transformations he had already performed, as the rings are unable to reverse their own process of chrysopoeia.

Once Rider is transferring prana through his rings they can transform any non-living thing to gold with a mere touch, by allowing his golden prana to be injected into the item. Obviously, objects with their own potent prana make the process more difficult, and the natural ambient lifeforce possessed by every living thing makes using this technique against flesh substantially more difficult, particularly if the target can purge prana like any average magus might do. However, Rider is exceptionally trained and has had years to hone his skills with his rings, and so even those with magical defences will often find small patches of their flesh being temporarily transmuted to gold when struck, before their defences forcibly revert the process shortly afterwards.

Gordius Wheel
    Prophesized Chariot of the Golden King

Type: Anti-Army / Anti-Fortress
    Range: 2-50
    Targets: 500

Description: Born of the goddess Cybele, and graced with extreme beauty and virtue, Rider was a man destined to become king, though in his youth he did not know this. He grew up with his father as poor peasants, their only possessions of worth being their small hut and the wagon that they used to transport their meagre wares around in. During his early life the Phrygian lands were rife with civil discord, and it was feared that full-blown war would occur. When consulting an oracle, the Phrygian priestesses were told that there would be no war and peace would occur under the auspices of a fair and handsome king who would show up in a merchant’s wagon, poor and humble but virtuous and kind. It is of course at this time that Rider and his father, Gordias, showed up near the assembly of the oracle in their run-down wagon, where a divine Eagle alighted upon it and would not move from the wagon.

Realising that this must be the prophesied king, the people appointed Rider as the king-in-waiting, and appointed his father Gordias as the caretaker king until such time as Rider was ready to rule. Together, father and son made an offering of their wagon to the god Sabazios, and Gordias lashed the wagon to the temple’s column with a knot so complex it would be impossible for any man to untie it, decreeing that whosoever loosed the Gordian Knot would become the ruler of Asia, a prophecy that would not be fulfilled for more than a thousand years, until the appearance of a huge red-haired man and his simple sword once more freed the wagon from its restraints.

The offering of the wagon to the Phrygian sky-god Sabazios by the goddess-son of the earth-mother Cybele was symbolically a gesture of peace and unification, as during this time much of the civil unrest had been due to conflicts between the followers of Cybele and those of Sabazios. By unifying the representative of both Divine Spirits under the banner of one man, Rider, his wagon became a symbol to the people, a grand war chariot, and it is this symbol of unification that Rider can call upon at any time, tearing open the fabric of space with his gold-clad hands to allow the chariot entry into the physical world.

The chariot is a fine construction, hardy and deadly, and as a dedication to the sky father Sabazios it has gained the qualities of the sky. Each turn of the wheel generates crackles of thunder and lightning, and great squalls of wind buffet those around the chariot who do not stand within its protective cupola. The beasts that draw this mighty chariot are a pair of lions, powerful Divine Beasts that are representatives of Cybele herself, as these are the wild animals that once drew the goddess’ own chariot and would sit tamely by her side at her command. They are exceptionally powerful beasts of grand stature, hard to strike and harder still to injure, with claws and teeth of adamant razor and whose footsteps cause the earth to shake and crack. In order to fly through the air instead of traversing the ground, Rider can exchange his mother’s lions for a single enormous eagle, the very same Divine Eagle that marked his father’s wagon as that of the prophesied king.

The true power of Gordius Wheel comes when invoking a charge attack, in which Rider combines the power of the Earth Mother and the Sky Father to become a bolt of pure power, a streaming attack with more than enough force to rival even the mightiest heroes of the world. This untainted nature energy, sourced from the two great Divine Spirits and extracted from the Planet itself, is a force equivalent to that of a Last Phantasm.
    Last edited by Vagrant; May 5th, 2015 at 08:09 AM.

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You're alive! I mean, Hello nice to meet you your servant is awesome.
    Spoiler:
    The Best Thing BlackBlade's Ever Said.
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    Just watch KNK, read fate and tsuki then just never bother with another nasu thing again but continue to use BL regardless.

Dullahan's Writing Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I hope you love purple prose, pretentious dialogue and oblique references to Hegelian philosophy too motherfucker 'cause that's what's up

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Vagrant is aliiiiiiive! And brings a Servant!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Now all I can think of is Midas VS Li Shuwen.
    Spoiler:
    The Best Thing BlackBlade's Ever Said.
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    Just watch KNK, read fate and tsuki then just never bother with another nasu thing again but continue to use BL regardless.

Dullahan's Writing Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I hope you love purple prose, pretentious dialogue and oblique references to Hegelian philosophy too motherfucker 'cause that's what's up

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
    According to modern documentation of Khufu, he is older than Gil. But, most of his historical evidences were rather poor (claimed), so is it still possible for him to be summoned?
    Nasu said that in their research they were aware that there were legends of heroes older than Gilgamesh, but they went with Gil as "first hero" because of his name recognition as one of the very oldest epics.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; May 5th, 2015 at 05:39 AM.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    So I would guess that in the fiction, Khufu isn't older than Gil, or he's something other than a human who became a Heroic Spirit.

Similar deal with the legendary Yellow Emperor of China. In this case it seems to have been a deity that was transformed into a human figure.

Blog Entries
    Now all I can think of is Midas VS Li Shuwen.
    Or Midas vs Medusa as he can lolnope Kybele like that.

Wb, Vagrant!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Well that's certainly an interesting Servant. Though the Soul Of A Warrior skill is probably unnecessary. It's not like Gilgamesh has a skill that is literally "he is mothafuckin' Gilgamesh so your shit doesn't influence him for shit".

And the aping of the UBW chant feels really out of place.
    Admittedly Soul of a Warrior is something I threw in at the last minute (a sort of counterpart to Arturia's Charisma) although it was a feature of the profile since the beginning. At first I listed it under Excalibur Origin, but then I figured it had its reason to stand by itself. It's not just a quirk, it's a true skill and achievement of his life, as much as EAM or EotM or Protection of the Faith, and is a true protection, in this case from spiritual ones. It's the reasoning behind him challenging his brethren and divine spirits alike, which makes him unaffected by charisma or divinity. In any case it's needed to explain why someone who butchered everything that moves still managed to leave behind a holy sword instead of a demonic one, and said sword reaching Arturia in pristine conditions.

It's not aping of UBW at all. It's meant to further highlight how oddly similar Batraz and Shirou would be related, especially if you consider that I barely had to edit two lines of the original chant. I put notes for a reason. I put it there so you could make the connection even before I tell you I envisioned him related to Shirou.

@Vagrant: isn't A-Divinity reserved for those who becomes full gods after death?

Nitpicking, but it would be nice if you could explain the link between Medusa (a sea goddess), Cybele (earth goddess) and mystic eyes that are related to the sixth element (iirc).

Similarly how the chariot went from under Sabazios' to under Zeus' patronage (nevermind the fact that they are based on the same ancestral sky god).

After Garden of Avalon, I'm personally wary of using the A++ rank. This chariot doesn't sound comparable to Excalibur, even if technically powered by two gods. But this is just my opinion after all (although I do like the idea of Rider punching the chariot out of thin air with his golden fists).

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    @Vagrant: isn't A-Divinity reserved for those who becomes full gods after death?
    Hrm, having a look at it, you are probably right. I gave him an A because son of an ancient earthh mother goddess (and we saw in CCC where all that earth goddess stuff leads back to), but the only specific child of a god who didn't also become a god is Cu Chulainn and he does have a B. I'll alter that.

Nitpicking, but it would be nice if you could explain the link between Medusa (a sea goddess), Cybele (earth goddess) and mystic eyes that are related to the sixth element (iirc).

Similarly how the chariot went from under Sabazios' to under Zeus' patronage (nevermind the fact that they are based on the same ancestral sky god).
    Seika could probably tell you all sorts of things about the suggestions and indications that Medusa was once a Libyan Mother Goddess (or at least an aspect of a Triple goddess) and her potential links to Metis, Ma'at and other goddesses, as well as the healing blood in her left vein and the destructive blood in her right vein, among a lot of other things.

For me it was simple for the Nasuverse. Her eyes of Petrification are named after Cybele, an ancient earth mother goddess, and Medusa is specifically referred to as an Earth Goddess in the materials. Petrification is mentioned to be associated with the element of Earth, and while Sixth Imaginary Element (also known as Demons) doesn't really have a connection as such, the Materialisation of Wishes that it is said to achieve, and indeed Demons themselves, to me seem to reflect the nature of Divine Spirits, as they all require human desire and attention to be able to manifest in a true form. This obviously is more linked to Medusa's transformation to a Gorgon from an Earth Goddess than it is to Cybele specifically, but the name is enough for me to generate links, however spurious they may be.

As for the chariot, I considered just having Midas offer it to Zeus to sidestep any issues, but I like a bit more aiauthenticity in the gods that heroes are associated with, unless you can do particularly clever syncretism of gods. Given that Iskandar doesn't get it for probably 1500 years after Midas and Gordias offered it, it seems likely that priests would have either rededicated it to Zeus when that religion became more popular, or the nature of Divine Spirits means that maybe Sabazios actually did gradually change into Zeus (given how certain later Classical works treated Sabazius as a representative of a "secret Dionysus" and Zeus this idea isn't exactly farfetched).

After Garden of Avalon, I'm personally wary of using the A++ rank. This chariot doesn't sound comparable to Excalibur, even if technically powered by two gods. But this is just my opinion after all (although I do like the idea of Rider punching the chariot out of thin air with his golden fists)
    It's mostly that all the mystery and divinity behind it is much older and more significant than that of either the Pegasus or Iskander's own use of the chariot, so it gets to be a rank greater than them. The intention was that it would basically stand head to head with a regular Excaliblast, but it has no way of comparing to the actual "Planet Protection" function of Excalibur or Enkidu's NP. Whether it should be Rank A++ or just an extremely strong A+ is certainly debatable, but I chose A++ specifically to indicate it as on par with Regular Excalibur.