Page 630 of 782 FirstFirst ... 130530580620625628629630631632635640680730 ... LastLast
Results 12,581 to 12,600 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Bradamante: So, her Noble Phantasms are basically the things Astolfo lent her? Not exactly the most original sheet in the world, then (though I understand there wasn't necessarily much material in her legend to work with). Just giving her Astolfo's stuff seems pretty boring though (especially since Astolfo already is a canon Servant). Also is it just me or does the anime-girl face in the image look photoshopped in?
    Spoiler:
    [you say that but she's going to be in GO so who knows]
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Bradamante: So, her Noble Phantasms are basically the things Astolfo lent her? Not exactly the most original sheet in the world, then (though I understand there wasn't necessarily much material in her legend to work with). Just giving her Astolfo's stuff seems pretty boring though (especially since Astolfo already is a canon Servant). Also is it just me or does the anime-girl face in the image look photoshopped in?
    Yeah, though I'd never heard of Rabicano up till now, so that was new for me.

Also, no, for once, that FC is not altered in any way.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Actually in the original stories, Trap of Argalia was Bradamante's lance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Actually in the original stories, Trap of Argalia was Bradamante's lance.
    errr wasn't it Argalia's spear?
    That's what it says in Apo materials.

And then Astolfo gave it to Bradmanate.

- - - Updated - - -

btw higashide writes a mean matter of france.
    Last edited by You; December 11th, 2015 at 11:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    errr wasn't it Argalia's spear?
    That's what it says in Apo materials.

And then Astolfo gave it to Bradmanate.
    Yes, she used it in her joust with Rodomonte, and got Rabicano after Astolfo flew off on the Hippogriff.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Zubaidah: "Not as much of the flawless ideal Muslim woman as she could be." is a bit of an understatement considering that outfit in her faceclaim LOL. (Not that I'm complaining or anything, and the desert is awfully hot after all..)
    Muramasa best Nitroplus girl.

Her NPs seem very vague, as far as I can tell her first one basically allows unlimited waterbending in the area she's sanctified and the second one is something like a greater form of Chiron's Wisdom Of Divine Gift Personal Skill?
    Any and all vagueness here is for the sake of creative freedoms in a variety of possible situations, but I'll go a little more into examples and specifics because why not.

Darb Zubaidah: Water-bending, water-based instant transmission, WATER HORSE/DRAGON/ROKH/ALIBABA, sky's the limit. Zubaidah doesn't have a specific notable mount in history, what she rides instead is an elemental force of the world.

Storyweaver can also be used in conjunction with DZ to summon forth characters and events from the 1001 Nights, hence the former mention of WATER ROKH and WATER ALIBABA. If she were a Caster she'd cut out the middleman and wouldn't have to use two NPs at once, more or less, to pull off that same feat.

Personality section is nice, I like the "intellectual, yet playful" vibe you've given her (and I LOLed at "Wet T-shirt contests" being listed as one of her Talents). I think it's a bit redundant to list both "devoted" and "devout" in immediate succession in her Personalty section, although that's really just nitpicking on my part.
    In the context of this sheet a distinction is drawn between 'devoted' and 'devout' in that one trait refers to loyalty in general and the other specifically refers to religious faith and actions done in the name of said faith.

Hope this helps!
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Bradamante is missing the magic ring which gave her immunity to spells and illusions of all kinds. That's how she resisted Atlante's senses-stealing golden shield. And the lance was originally Argalia's; it was later wielded by Astolfo, who later left both it and Rabicano to Bradamante. I think, though I'm not sure, she also had a named sword? Don't quote on me that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    Bravery (B):
    Negates mental interference up to an equivalent rank. Rider repeatedly stood against enemy knights, wizards and monsters and emerged victorious.
    Technically, she had the ring of magic immunity with her when facing spellcraft, and we have examples of monster slayers, such as "King" Arthur and Cú Chulainn, without the Bravery Skill; does she really merit it? I'd suggest some Rank in Revelation, instead, since she was often guided along her fate (once even by the ghost of Merlin!).

Oh, and a nitpick: Boiardo and Ariosto didn't write the Matter of France, it predates them; they just used material from it for their own stories.

[...] and the desert is awfully hot after all..)
    This might not be applicable to the character in question, but in the desert, the only thing to do is to cover yourself up real well, unless you want to be horribly sunburned during the day and freeze at night. :-) Just look at how real-life bedouins dress.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    On the other hand--her wrist, technically speaking--is marked the phrase in Arabic script "Al aleb ghaleb," "You are more beautiful than your dress." Getting others to read that out loud and reacting to their faux proposition is a favorite icebreaker of hers.
    Love this bit

Wish: Prevent the stagnation of humanity, so that they may continue to create.
    Wonder how she'd get on with Gil?

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Bradamante is missing the magic ring which gave her immunity to spells and illusions of all kinds. That's how she resisted Atlante's senses-stealing golden shield.
    I didn't realize the ring was powerful enough to be an NP. I mentioned it in the Magic Resistance description because I thought it was like Lancelot's MR amulet or something.

And the lance was originally Argalia's; it was later wielded by Astolfo, who later left both it and Rabicano to Bradamante.
    Why do people keep saying this as if I didn't mention it? That's exactly what I wrote. Apparently Astolfo's not being its original owner doesn't make it any less of an NP, so I don't see why the same logic can't work with Bradamante.

Technically, she had the ring of magic immunity with her when facing spellcraft, and we have examples of monster slayers, such as "King" Arthur and Cú Chulainn, without the Bravery Skill; does she really merit it? I'd suggest some Rank in Revelation, instead, since she was often guided along her fate (once even by the ghost of Merlin!).
    Yeah, good point. Getting into what Bravery does and doesn't represent is a can of worms I don't want to open. I'm going to keep it but add Revelation.

Oh, and a nitpick: Boiardo and Ariosto didn't write the Matter of France, it predates them; they just used material from it for their own stories.
    OK, yeah, that's a misunderstanding on my part. Fixing that.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; December 12th, 2015 at 01:23 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    I didn't realize the ring was powerful enough to be an NP. I mentioned it in the Magic Resistance description because I thought it was like Lancelot's MR amulet or something.
    I suppose its actual power would depend on how powerful is Atlante's own golden shield NP, but at the very least, what with it actually being named and being an important part of her story, I'd say it's worthy of being its own NP (possibly granting her Magic Resistance A that can affect even spells that already exist?).

Why do people keep saying this as if I didn't mention it?
    Oh, sorry, that part wasn't directed specifically at you, it was just a general clarification. My bad! I agree that just because they originally belonged to someone else does not make them any less NPs for Bradamante.

Continuing the long and glorious tradition of Archers who have no business being Archers.

Class: Archer
    Identity: Tutankhamun

STR: D
    END: E
    AGI: D
    MGI: B
    LCK: C

Class Skills

Independent Action (E): Capable of surviving one hour without a Master. Though he ruled as a king,
    due to his youth he was surrounded by powerful advisers, making few decisions in his own right.

Magic Resistance (C): Cancels spells two verses or shorter. As a king of Egypt and a practitioner
    of magic himself, Archer has a moderate level of resistance bolstered by his class.

Personal Skills

Heka (C): The magecraft of Ancient Egypt, which uses the soul's power to influence the gods and borrow their power.
    Wards, healing and transfiguration are central elements of its usage. Archer was taught in its usage, but his
    training was not complete due to his early death, so he can manage only minor healing and familiar summoning.

Pharaoh (A+): Known as the "Courtier of the High House", Archer was a ruler of Egypt, revered as the sun god Ra.
    This skill conveys the same benefits of Charisma and Divinity of the same rank, and allows Archer to manifest
    pharaonic insignias of the crook, flail and uraeus. Made of heavy bronze, they show that Archer is a shepherd
    whose beneficence is formidably tempered with might. The crook and flail allow him to exhibit a dominating
    presence, forcing others to obey him. This can be resisted by high ranks in Charisma and Divinity. Lastly is
    the uraeus, the symbol of Wad-jet that adorns Archer's forehead, which is used to unleash a blast of flame at
    close range. Though these are symbols of the Pharaoh, they are not Noble Phantasms in their own right.

Weak Constitution (A): A negative skill that indicates weakness caused by frail health. Archer is at risk
    of a sudden drop in status with every action. Because of his other skills, the chance of this happening is
    not high, but is always extremely debilitating. As a child of incest, Archer had many congenital defects
    that led to a poor immune system, and he suffered frequent infections of malaria tropica, the deadliest
    form of the disease. Circulatory shock and fatal seizures are easily triggered under the right conditions.

Noble Phantasm

Nine Bows of Dominion~All Give Praise to Egypt (A, Anti-Unit)

The term "nine bows" is a term used to refer to the traditional enemies of Egypt. Since cultures changed over time
    while Egypt remained, the list constantly changed. The imagery of bows is Archer's claim to his class. By meeting
    an individual, he can designate them as an "enemy" and conjure a bow of gold and ivory. The bow then generates an
    arrow of pure energy which when shot will seek its target out. Distance and obstructions will not stop the wrath of
    Egypt. Despite its name, this Noble Phantasm is not limited to nine uses, since for the Ancient Egyptians,"three"
    was used to indicate 'plural', and nine was therefore the 'plurality of plurals'; thus the term covers all possible
    enemies. The bows symbolized the breaking of the enemies' bows in a ritual to render them powerless. Finally, the
    bows were guarded by a jackal, representing Anubis, the god of death. Rather than any weapon, Archer's Noble Phantasm
    is his sandals, upon which the bows are depicted. Symbolically the bows (and therefore his enemies) are beneath
    his feet and under his control. Though other pharaohs had representations of the bows, Archer's is the most famous.
    Should the target survive the shot, in keeping with the symbolic subjugation of Egypt's enemies, their highest ranked
    Noble Phantasm will be sealed, only to be unlocked by Archer's death.

Really interesting! Weak Constitution is a really interesting concept and goes some way to mitigating the Hax NP. What would cause the target to survive being shot?

Tanking it, having a strong enough shield, regeneration, resurrection, reincarnation, etc.

マリーの味方
    jeez how do you guys come up with sheets like this so fast, it takes me nearly a week to even write one

Too much time to think on my hands, especially during work.

Blog Entries
    Huh, that's remarkably similar to my sheet. I'll post what I have:
    Tutankhamen

STR D
    EN D
    AGI E
    MA A
    LU D

Class Skills:
    Territory Creation B
    The skill to create a territory advantageous to oneself as a Magus. At this rank, Caster can recreate the Tomb in which he was discovered.

Item Construction B
    Creation of superior Mystic Codes outstripping most modern ones becomes possible.
    However, the Codes and other items he can make are still limited by what he has available. As an aside, the items he creates all follow a scarab theme.

Personal Skills:
    Frail Constitution B
    While the long lineage of the pharaohs had been kept pure by inbreeding, it also resulted in physical deformities, such as a cleft palate. Another deformity was the necrosis of the left foot, forcing Tutankhamun to walk with a cane. He also suffered from not one but several infections of malaria.
    Both his strength and agility are counted as if they were a rank less.

Pharaoh B
    The skill to rule a kingdom. Tutankhamen undertook a number of actions that restored the kingdom to what it was before the radical changes his predecessor had made, such as rejecting Aten, the god his father had put in place. While it is probable his vizier and other advisors were responsible for these, Tutankhamen enjoyed the love and respect of his citizens. Due the idea of Pharaohs as god-kings, also affords Divinity of rank C.

Heka A
    The Ancient Egyptian system of magecraft, relying on their unique conception of the soul. In English, it means 'activating the Ka'.
    Ka was one of five aspects of the soul, and was the spark of life. The others were:
    Ib, the Heart, seat of emotion and thought. Sheut, the shadow or the presence. Ren, the name. Ba, the identity, what makes someone unique.
    By manipulating these aspects, Tutankhamon has access to a varied repertoire of spells, as reported in the Book of the Dead.
    For instance, he could diminish someone's Ren to seal Noble Phantasms or their Ib to shut their minds down.
    However a Luck check can severely diminish the effects of the spells.

Noble Phantasms:
    Curse Of The Pharaoh ~ Cursed Be He Who Moves My Body ~ Anti-Group C
    The curse laid on Tutankhamen's tomb, as rendered by popular myth. While no curses have been found in the actual tomb, the modern legend that surrounds it has given life to a Noble Phantasm where Tut would have had none before.Whenever he is struck by an opponent, their Luck is immediately reduced to D, rendering them much more vulnerable to his magecraft.

The Pharaoh's Tomb
    ~ Undisturbed I Have Lain For Millenia ~ Anti-Unit B
    The tomb in which Tutankhamun was buried, containing everything a Pharaoh was thought to need in the afterlife. This includes several Mystic Codes, as well as merely decorative symbols, all lavishly decorated.
    In the Tomb itself, the servants that Tutankhamen was buried with serve him faitfully, acting as familiars and working in concert with him to boost his Magecraft even further.

Notes:
    One of seven Servants I came up with for someone who asked for a HGW consisting of only Egyptian servants on Sufficient Velocity. Others were Akhenaten as a Berserker who's constantly "blessed by Aten", ie on fire, Khufu as a Lancer who dualwields the shepherd's crook and flail, and Khaemwaset riding Serapis bulls.
    The base conceit behind the sheet was not having a Caster who shot lasers or could attack directly, but has to rely on buffs and debuffs to do his work for him. He'd be ideally suited to turtling up somewhere and having a Master who knows combat. He's sort of like Medea in that sense, I suppose.

I swear I will not make Combination Servants a habit or anything.

Class: Caster

STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: D
    MGI: A+
    LCK: C

Class Skills

Territory Creation (A): Capable of creating a Temple. As chief priests and sorcerers of Egypt,
    Caster spent much of their time in temples to the gods and can create a divine sanctuary.

Item Construction (B+): Caster is skilled at creating talismans that counteract specific
    magical effects. After careful observation, they can tailor items to any situation.

Personal Skills

Combination (D): A skill possessed by two individuals who are synonymous with each other due to their legend. Caster
    is two Heroic Spirits in one container; two twin sisters. They are under the same contract and share memories and
    senses. However, killing or incapacitating one of them will put the other out of commission. At rank D, they must
    also remain within each other's line of sight, or suffer a rank down to MGI and have their Noble Phantasms sealed.

Heka (A): The magecraft of Ancient Egypt, which uses the soul's power to influence the gods and borrow their power.
    Wards, healing and transfiguration are central elements of its usage. Caster also specializes in illusions and summoning.

Uncrowned Mastership (Magecraft) (B): Though they possess real magical power, in the centuries after their death the Casters
    were portrayed as powerless frauds who used smoke and mirrors. To those who do not know their identity, their MGI and LCK
    appear to be two ranks lower.

Noble Phantasms

Serpent Staves~Cast Down Every Man His Rod (C+, Magecraft)

A crystallization of the two Casters' most famous feat, when they challenged the prophet Moses by transforming their
    staves into serpents. Using their signature spell, they can transfigure any length of material into snakes of similar
    size. There is no limit to the number they can create, and the snakes are bonded to them as familiars. Ordinary materials
    such as wood will yield ordinary snakes, but their strength scales up with the strength and rarity of the material. The
    staves that each Caster carries, for example, which are made of iron inlaid with gold and silver and reinforced by magecraft
    can produce serpents on the level of Phantasmal beasts.

Apocryphon~Ultimate Wards (A+, Magecraft)

A collection of talismans and protective enchantments that the Casters discovered, gathered or created both before and after
    leaving Egypt. Their collection manifests itself as tattoos on each of their backs. Into these tattoos they incorporated every
    color, scent, symbol, inscription and figure imaginable to represent the forces they wish to ward against. It is the ultimate
    protection magecraft, so potent that the two sisters could fight on even ground with archangels, focusing solely on offense.
    The wards make them functionally immune to any conceptual attack, regardless of actual power or effect. Only anti-magic effects,
    True Magic and Noble Phantasms higher than A-rank can penetrate the defense. Though powerful, it is not all-encompassing, since
    the sisters only journeyed through the lands surrounding the Mediterranean. With their Item Construction skill, they can make
    additional talismans for any unfamiliar magic they encounter.

Background
    Jannes and Jambres were the chief priestesses and sorcerers of Ramesses II, best known for when they challenged the prophet
    Moses, who had returned to Egypt after a long exile to free the Hebrews from slavery. The two were able to match Moses for a
    time, even holding some of the divine plagues at bay, but eventually the power of YHWH overcame them. Disgraced, they left
    Egypt with the Hebrews during the Exodus and went on their own way after Moses destroyed the Golden Calf (which they helped
    build). Humbled by their recent experiences, the two sisters resolved to increase their magical knowledge. They traveled all
    over the Mediterranean and Middle East, incorporating every new sorcery they could find into their own. Close to the end of
    their lives, they had the necessary knowledge to embark on a journey to the heavens. They were not welcomed and the angels of
    the first few heavens fought them vigorously but could not evict them due to the potent talismans that were worn by the sisters.
    As they entered the fourth heaven they were met by the archangels Michael and Gabriel. The battle was very evenly balanced and
    raged for hours, but in the end it was the angels who had to fall back. Upon entering the fifth heaven they were met by none
    other than Metatron, the scribe of heaven and the highest ranked archangel. He did not come at them with defiance or anger,
    but appeared accommodating, considering the circumstances; after conversing for a short time the angel was successful in
    convincing Jannes and Jambres to remove their talismans, leaving them vulnerable. Metatron was quick to act and threw them out
    of heaven with a wave of his hand. They died shortly after, always striving to become stronger.

Blog Entries
    These two guys? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxyOTFQFWQ0

Man, Prince of Egypt was amazing.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, their backstory is crazy (in the best possible sense). Two random sorcerers basically waged war against all the heavens, kicking the asses of both Michael and Gabriel and only having lost due to a trick. That's... pretty insane. Also blasphemous if it came from anywhere but the Kabbalah. All this from characters who's only feat in the biblical canon was being completely one-upped by Moses (or Aaron, depending on the version). Guess you can always trust Kabbalah to have the most batshit insane awesome stories in Judeo-Christian myth. (I think I also read somewhere that Methuselah was also portrayed in Kabbalah as some kind of super demon-slaying warrior-king badass as opposed to just a really old dude)

Forgot Kratos, someone should make a God Of War styled game with these guys...
    Last edited by RoydGolden; December 13th, 2015 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    These two guys? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxyOTFQFWQ0

Man, Prince of Egypt was amazing.
    Voiced by Steve Martin and Martin Short. Damn good movie.