Page 713 of 782 FirstFirst ... 213613663703708711712713714715718723763 ... LastLast
Results 14,241 to 14,260 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockehwork View Post
    Against Berserker, both Assassins explicitly
    wouldn't even be a fight
    have no chance
    , and Caster could take at most 3 of his lives. Lancer's chance, while it exists, is extremely low and unspecified, and I highly doubt Bellerophon would be enough to take 12 lives, but feel free to disagree with that if you'd like since I have no source. Archer tried, and obviously did extremely well for someone of his status, but ultimately failed, while using his head and without any interference from his hyperpersonal vendetta. He also clearly wouldn't be able to defeat Lancer, and while I still haven't read /HA, as I understand it his temporal suicidal tendencies are the only reason Saber isn't able to cut him down with ease. Gae Bolg, if Lancer gets to pull it off as he most likely would, would also be certain death for Rider (and True Assassin, not that it matters). Against Gilgamesh, nobody except Saber (and maybe Archer? But iirc the consensus on that was that Gil wouldn't take him as lightly as he would Shirou) could win unless he let them.

Assuming you're referring to Clairvoyance, it is a sniper ability primarily, but it's also blatantly what you're describing, "sight you'd expect of 300+ year old Archers". I've used a low rank of Clairvoyance to equate to much lesser things than shooting multiple kilometers in the past. Whereas Eye of the Mind is just... not at all that? It's experience, specifically experience with avoiding danger.

I think the difference lies in your interpreting the average Servants we see as being average in the setting, which canonically they aren't. Annie isn't actually that strong, really, she's just much stronger than she has any right to be. That said, while I do somewhat dread it, I would be quite interested in seeing Servants you consider "strong".

If I remember correctly, the narration actually says outright that he's not taking the battle seriously because he's not using his Noble Phantasm.
    1. Kill the master. For Berserkers, no master is pretty much a death sentence. Of course, with this I am pretty much hitting a dead horse since we know everyone can do that, but Assassins are known for being able to sneak around. Useful when dealing with a mindless hero since they can get to the master instantly. Caster can scheme and prepare traps for someone like him. There's always a way they could win, but if I created a knight class that can't really sneak around or prepare, what can I do? Easy. Create someone who has what it takes to target a weak point faster than it's protector can act or close the distance.

Wasn't it also agreed that the GOB is pretty much Gil's version of plot armor.

As for Bellerophon, if Caliburn worked, there's no reason to believe a weapon on the same league can't. That said, I did mix up the skills if what you say is right. Other than that, it's not that I see the HGW servants as the average, but rather that I have seen, in FGO at least, young servants with high ranks here and there, so I figured it's less to do with age and more to do with being particularly close to one weapon or fighting style and dominating it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    There's a difference between 'a Servant that can hold their own in a Grail War' and 'one that's horrendously wanked almost beyond recognition'. Speaking of which, what is even with the EX Agility? Whoever heard of Annie even being famous for her speed? I understand you'd want her to maneuverable and quick on her feet to compensate for physical weakness, but Agility (EX) is just... crazy. At that point saying her speed is literally unquantifiable. Can you see why that's not fitting for Annie's legend?

Despite it all though, I wouldn't necessarily mind seeing your other 'overpowered' sheets (one of which is El Cid, I presume). I don't mind OP characters necessarily, as long they have the lore to back it up (i.e a war hero from the last hundred years shouldn't be able to outclass Heracles or Arturia in raw power) and are at least reasonably tasteful. And I wouldn't mind a preview on some of the 'reincarnated myths' which are going to show up in your story. Which, BTW, I PMed you some critique on that story a few weeks ago which you never got back to me on. No urgency, I'm just curious whether you noticed it or not.
    When I thought of speed, I thought of precision. Someone who was able to hit targets perfectly at high speed, but EX rank agility is a lot for someone not known for moving around at record breaking speeds...

As for power, I am using the likes of Tesla as reference. They have rather high stats even if their physical ones suck despite being younger than their older counterparts.

Even then, I think I might have used the wrong stats. Agility shouldn't be that high. Luck should, and I admit this was one shortcoming I didn't see at first. Since it's a work in progress, it will still take a while to tweak things.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    The fact that he dies to Herakles in "Fate" even when trying his damnedest to win is proof that isn't true, and he's just one example.
    Unless you used "could have won" in the sense that he had a chance of winning instead of "he certainly would have won", in which case I agree.
    The former. He won't win if he starts out slow like he did... he can win in a fight against Hercules if he summons UBW, singles out 12 different A+ rank Noble Phantasms and then SAWs the tar out of him...

Quote Originally Posted by ZSB1999 View Post
    Also E rank luck = Gae Bolg GG. Lancer beats Archer almost every time.
    Then that's definitely not the luck I'd use for hyperprecise cowgirl...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As for Bellerophon, if Caliburn worked, there's no reason to believe a weapon on the same league can't.
    it can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    This is an attempt to make a Servant more closely tied to Nasuverse lore outside of the Fate series. I may have gotten a few things wrong, so feel free to point things out. Also, I watched Rise of the Guardians for the second time yesterday while on a very long bus ride, so this profile will have... More than traces of that movie.

(Credit to Vilva on deviantart)

Class: Caster
    Name: The Sandman, Ole Lukųje
    • True Name: Aisling Eltnam Somnus

Culture of Origin: European
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Parameters:
    Strength: E
    Agility: C
    Endurance: D
    Magic: A
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skills:
    • Territory Creation (D)
      Aisling never received formal training in the creation of a Workshop, and her personality is ill-suited to such a task.
    • Item Construction (C)
      Aisling can only build charms that interact with dreams, such as dreamcatchers.

Personal Skills:
    • Memory Partition (C)
      The ability to form multiple thought processes working towards the same goal. Aisling can have up to three streams of thought running in parallel at a time through partitioning her one "mind room" into three.
    • Thought Acceleration (E)
      The ability to think at a very high speed, performing complex calculations in very short periods of time. Aisling's ability in this is underdeveloped, having forsaken her development of this ability to focus on her study of Dreams.
    • Unified Language (D)
      Aisling can speak the Unified Language of Babylonia; however, her expertise in it is low, akin to a tourist's. This greatly hampers its power. Aisling uses this power for creation rather than command; to create dreams by drawing on the shared experiences of all humanity recorded in the Root.
    • Summoning (A)
      Aisling controls vast legions of spirits that hold dominion over dreams; after her death, these spirits continue to this day to interact and interfere with the dreams of people all around the world. When Aisling is summoned, these spirits immediately return to her side and act as her familiars. They are similar in nature to the "fairies" used by Misaya Ouji; low-level spirits imitating the true Faerie race.

Noble Phantasm:
    Spoiler:
    Etherlite: False Nerves of the Eltnam Family (Anti-Unit, B)
    The Mystic Code of the Eltnam Family of Magi, Aisling's personal copy has been modified to be able to split into many strands and reach into the minds of many individuals at once. The catch is that with each split, the power of each individual strand is reduced by half. In a single strand, it is in essence a standard Etherlite, capable of whip attacks, mind reading, body control, and even killing via nerve damage. When split into many strands, it can only pick up surface thoughts. Aisling's main use of this weapon is to link the minds of her targets to her own and share her experiences with them for the purpose of dream creation whenever her familiars fail in their task to create a satisfactory dream, or if personal intervention is necessary.

The Sandman: Bringer of Dreams (Anti-Unit Self, B)
    All the tales told of the Sandman made manifest in Aisling in the form of a passive Noble Phantasm. This gives her access to abilities and tools she did not have in life, such as Ole Lukųje's umbrellas and putting people to sleep by throwing sand in their eyes. As well, it bolsters the abilities she did use in life while almost unnoticeably adjusting them to fit the theme of "Sandman". Aesthetically, it has an effect similar to Innocent Monster, shifting her form from what she looked like in life to a shining figure surrounded by golden sand.

Lore:
    Spoiler:
    The Sandman. A figure spoken of in folk tales, who brings good dreams to good children in their beds. Some claim him to be the god Hypnos or his son Morpheus, while others believe him to be a simple spirit with no grand history behind him. One of the most famous version of this figure is Hans Christian Andersen's tale of Ole Lukųje, the brother of Death who wandered the night with two umbrellas, one which gave good dreams to good children, and the other which gave dreamless nights to the bad.

The truth, as always, is slightly different.

In truth, there was no "Sandman"; as an individual, he is completely fictional. As a result, if one were to attempt to summon him, they would merely get the closest thing possible: in this case, a Magus by the name of Aisling Eltnam Somnus.

Though she was raised within the confines of the Giant's Pit, Aisling felt no joy in a frantic effort to prevent a future that she was convinced would come. For her, waking life held no mirth or wonder, only drudgery and despair. But while she could escape to the land of dreams once in a while, other nights offered no solace, filled with either somber psychedelic shadows or with an all-consuming blackness.

So while Atlas turned their eyes towards the future, Aisling looked to the present, to make the most of what fleeting time she - and others - had on the Earth. Her method of doing so was to study how dreams worked, and eventually grasp control over them. As a strange coincidence, she possessed the Magic Circuits that many members of Atlas lacked, allowing her to venture forth into the realm of manipulation of the mind, all for the purpose of bringing just a little more light to the darkness that was human life.

Eventually, Aisling parted ways with the Giant's Pit and ventured into the world, becoming a wandering doctor of sorts. In each village she stopped in, all those who dwelt within would suddenly experience nights of good rest. She would visit any individuals experiencing night terrors or other sleep disorders and help them in any way she could. As her work continued, she amassed a large force of spirit familiars to aid her in bringing hope and light to the minds of those who slept. However, she would often come into conflict with more orthodox Magi who did not approve of her deviance from the norm or of her involvement with the common people.

Aisling would meet her end at the hands of the Night of Wallachia in a vain attempt to fight against the TATARI using her dream abilities. She left no mark on history, her only legacy being her spreading of good dreams, which would eventually become entangled with the myth of the Sandman. After her death, her army of familiars continued to work within the world, but without direction from their Master, they acted randomly and spontaneously. Still, they can be credited for protecting the minds of children by giving them a shelter from the waking world.

Personality:
    If one were to describe Aisling in one sentence, it would be this: "A person who cares not for tomorrow, but for making sure that people find happiness today." She is a warm-hearted, compassionate person who will spare no expense to wipe away sorrow and anxiety. However, she is extremely cynical about the future, holding almost no faith in humanity's ability to avert destruction, whether it be through turning on themselves, an outside force burning them to ash, or the mysterious Program No. 6. Rather than choosing to indulge in this hopelessness, however, Aisling focuses on making the present as better as she can make it. She is very much an existentialist. Her wish upon the Grail would be that all individuals find happiness in their own way, in light of their situations - at the very least, that they would die with peace and acceptance in their hearts.

Miscellaneous:
    Dislikes: nightmares, "creatures of the night", thinking about the future.
    Talents: telling stories, creating dreams, comforting children
    Natural Enemy: The Clock Tower, the Night of Wallachia (and other Dead Apostles by proxy)
    Possible Catalysts: A first edition copy of Fairy Tales Told for Children. New Collection. Third Booklet. 1842.
    Notes: there is a very high chance that if she is summoned in a standard Grail War by an orthodox Master she will utterly refuse to cooperate due to her disagreements with the lifestyle. If she discovers the ritual's goal of reaching the Root, she will most certainly rebel.
    Last edited by Constructman; April 29th, 2016 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    1. Kill the master. For Berserkers, no master is pretty much a death sentence. Of course, with this I am pretty much hitting a dead horse since we know everyone can do that, but Assassins are known for being able to sneak around. Useful when dealing with a mindless hero since they can get to the master instantly. Caster can scheme and prepare traps for someone like him. There's always a way they could win, but if I created a knight class that can't really sneak around or prepare, what can I do? Easy. Create someone who has what it takes to target a weak point faster than it's protector can act or close the distance.
    Oh well if we're going by the standards of a Holy Grail War then yes, it's hypothetically possible for any Servant to win the war, not that it would save them from Gilgamesh. But the circumstances were, in your words, "I want this character to fight X", and "no servant should ever have anything lower than a one percent chance of victory". Pressed into a head-on fight, where killing the Master isn't an option, then they would have 0 chance of victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth
    Wasn't it also agreed that the GOB is pretty much Gil's version of plot armor.
    You can call GoB "plot armor" all you want, and really you're right, but that doesn't make it not a thing that exists to prevent most people from being able to defeat him.

As for Bellerophon, if Caliburn worked, there's no reason to believe a weapon on the same league can't. That said, I did mix up the skills if what you say is right. Other than that, it's not that I see the HGW servants as the average, but rather that I have seen, in FGO at least, young servants with high ranks here and there, so I figured it's less to do with age and more to do with being particularly close to one weapon or fighting style and dominating it.
    Caliburn didn't kill Berserker 12 times. It killed him 7 times.

It's less to do with age and more to do with being someone who would have those stats, which includes being old enough. Someone famed for being ridiculously strong in more recent times could have a high STR, no problem. There are some I don't agree with canonically- D'Eon mainly, Nightingale too. But nobody has an A++ or higher that they don't deserve.

As for power, I am using the likes of Tesla as reference. They have rather high stats even if their physical ones suck despite being younger than their older counterparts.
    Tesla is a special case because of his Star attribute, so he shouldn't be who you look at for reference unless you're doing someone similar to him. And even then, the only thing really strong about him is his NP.

The former. He won't win if he starts out slow like he did... he can win in a fight against Hercules if he summons UBW, singles out 12 different A+ rank Noble Phantasms and then SAWs the tar out of him...
    We didn't see the actual fight in the VN, so that might've been exactly what happened. I am inclined to believe he gave it his all, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to take as many lives as he did. A chance of winning, maybe, but nearly zero.

Then that's definitely not the luck I'd use for hyperprecise cowgirl...
    I mean, me neither, but that has nothing to do with how able she should be to avoid instant death by the reversal of causality.

Blog Entries
    So, we're making joke Servants, eh? I'm game.

Class: Butler
    Master:
    True Name: Counter Guardian EMIYA, the No-Named Househusband
    Sex: Male
    Height/Weight: 187cm/78kg
    Alignment: True Neutral

Stats
    Strength: D
    Endurance: C
    Agility: C
    Magical Energy: B
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: ?

Skills
    Class Skills:
    Housework: EX
    The class skill of Butlers, this is the Servant’s ability to do common household chores such as knitting, washing, etc… At this rank, it would not be an exaggeration to call Butler the perfect ‘wife’.

Personal Skills:
    Eye of the Meido (True): B
    A heightened capacity for observation, refined through experience. Butler is capable of calm analysis of house conditions even when in a stranger’s home and deduce an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to clean the household. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of cleaning.

Clairvoyance: C+
    Connotes superior visual perception and dynamic occipital capture, such as to spot stains on couches, walls, dishes, etc... At higher ranks, it is possible that the bearers of this skill have acquired such abilities as precognition ("future vision") and other forms of perception beyond standard eyesight (X-ray vision and so forth). Butler is capable of spotting minute stains at an unspecified distance. The + is attained with instantaneous application of Magecraft.

Cooking: A
    Knowledge about modern Cuisine. Capable of making superb Cuisine.

Noble Phantasm
    Unlimited Steward Works, Infinite Creation of Manservants: E~A++
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    it can't.
    Unless it was mentioned, the answer is "you can't claim otherwise"...

Quote Originally Posted by Clockehwork View Post
    Oh well if we're going by the standards of a Holy Grail War then yes, it's hypothetically possible for any Servant to win the war, not that it would save them from Gilgamesh. But the circumstances were, in your words, "I want this character to fight X", and "no servant should ever have anything lower than a one percent chance of victory". Pressed into a head-on fight, where killing the Master isn't an option, then they would have 0 chance of victory.
    Given some of their abilities, I thought that for someone like Assassin, disengaging and going for the master was an option. For Caster it's simply fighting remotely or teleporting away. I don't recall Archers having an ability that allows them to pull away from the line of fire if they are at a disadvantage. Part of the idea of Archer facing off against Berserker was that he was holding him back.

If we're dealing with oddballs like FSN Gil, then it's definitely under zero if he's serious or the gap in power is too big... but Gil's circumstances are... rare...

You can call GoB "plot armor" all you want, and really you're right, but that doesn't make it not a thing that exists to prevent most people from being able to defeat him.
    Unless we're dealing with Gilgamesh never being serious. Most losses happened because there was always a handicap (Ilya, mana deprived Lance, range limited Cu, off guard EMIYA, Avalon-less Saber, Chariotless Alex...) and he never won a head on fight against someone fighting at full power with zero restraint (though Cu's defeat might actually count, since that was a limitation of his Noble Phantasm).

But as a whole, I tend to point out to plot armored characters as "undefeatable unless conditions say otherwise" and single them as a plot device with personality more than a character.

Caliburn didn't kill Berserker 12 times. It killed him 7 times.
    This part always confused me! Did it kill him only seven times? Or the remaining seven times (Archer took five lives out didn't he)...

It's less to do with age and more to do with being someone who would have those stats, which includes being old enough. Someone famed for being ridiculously strong in more recent times could have a high STR, no problem. There are some I don't agree with canonically- D'Eon mainly, Nightingale too. But nobody has an A++ or higher that they don't deserve.
    I did mention that I might have erred on the high stat (it might be luck instead, since always hitting the desired target and always enjoying the desired outcome have a lot more to do with it and that's the thing Annie is known most for).

Tesla is a special case because of his Star attribute, so he shouldn't be who you look at for reference unless you're doing someone similar to him. And even then, the only thing really strong about him is his NP.
    Babbage? Edison? Nightingale? (I take that one back. She's a Berserker...)

We didn't see the actual fight in the VN, so that might've been exactly what happened. I am inclined to believe he gave it his all, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to take as many lives as he did. A chance of winning, maybe, but nearly zero.
    I doubt he had less than 12 A+ ranked Noble Phantasms even after the rankdown. That Caliburn was one means Archer should've stored at least 8 times that number.

I believe his mistake was deploying it after having taken on Berserker in melee.

I mean, me neither, but that has nothing to do with how able she should be to avoid instant death by the reversal of causality.
    Then wrong skill...

Wait, I luck has a lot to do with that as well! You know! Target that shouldn't miss missing anyways...

That said, before I fix it, I want to create the overpowered servant with one or two of his harem members shortly afterwards. Then I will fix Annie. Then I will post actual profiles for the servants.

And that entails exactly what you're thinking. Limitation text.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Assassin/Saber

Theme

True Name- Dafydd Gam (AKA Davy Gam)

Alignment- Lawful Neutral

Place of Origin- Britain/Wales

Likes- Being a Knight, Britain, Henry V, Welsh Archers

Dislikes- The French, Rivals, Owain, People talking about his missing eye

Armaments- Sword, Bow, Light Armour (When summoned in other classes he has plate armour)

Faceclaim

Stats-

Strength- C
    Endurance- D
    Agility- B
    Mana- D
    Luck- C
    Noble Phantasm- A-

Class Skills-

Presence Concealment- D

Suitable for spying

Magic Resistance- D

Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy. When summoned as only Saber, the rank is increased. It receives rank downs due to the low rank of the skill Double Summon.

Personal Skills-

Military Tactics- C+

Tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when dealing against an enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasm. Greatly boosts the damage of allies using bows, this includes both familiars and servants.

Traitorous Kinslayer- B+

Greatly boosts damage against those who are descendants or ancestors of Assassin. This skill greatly boosts Assassin's damage against those who share his Country of Origin. Assassin has gained this skill because in life he murdered his cousin, and was considered a traitor by the Welsh.

Captured Hero's Ransom- C

Like the skill Disengage, this skill allows the user to escape from combat. However, unlike disengage, this isn't the ability to break away from combat, but rather the ability to return to the user's "base" immediately. The skill allows the user to "teleport" away from combat, for a high mana cost. This cost is reduced by 10% for each rank in this skill. At this rank Assassin must use 40% of his total mana to be able to "teleport". This skill does not return battle conditions to what they were at the start of combat.

Double Summon- D

A rare personal skill possessed only by a select few Servants, it permits a Servant to simultaneously possess class skills from two distinct classes.

Noble Phan
    tasms-

Sacrifice to Save the King

Hero of Agincourt- A-

Anti-Unit

This Noble Phantasm is not a weapon, but rather, a unique attack that was developed by Assassin during the Battle of Agincourt. This Noble Phantasm may only be used in the defense of others, it may not be used if Assassin himself is the target of the attack. If Fragarach is the "Ultimate Counter" then this Noble Phantasm can be considered the "Ultimate Negation". This Noble Phantasm allows Assassin to attack with either of his weapons, bow or sword. Should an enemy make an attack of any kind, not just their strongest, Assassin can use this Noble Phantasm to warp reality. By doing so he is able to strike the enemy before their blow can land, effectively canceling any attack, even Cu Chulainn's Gae Bolg due to this Noble Phantasm warping reality and changing time to before the words "Gae Bolg" could be said. The damage dealt by this Noble Phantasm is the same as one would expect from a D or E rank Noble Phantasm. This Noble Phantasm has no mana cost, instead as payment Assassin takes half the damage his opponent's attack would have done, so a powerful attack such as Excalibur, or Enuma Elish, would still kill him. However, he would still negate the attack itself, buying his allies more time to land a fatal blow. This skill is based on how Assassin saved King Henry V's life on the field of battle. When the king was outnumbered and surrounded on all sides, Assassin leapt into the midst of combat, not allowing a single French soldier to land a blow on Henry. He was able to counter or negate every attack made by the French soldiers, even though it should have been physically impossible for one man to block all those attacks at once. The wounds he took during his defense of the king would later be the cause of his death at the end of the conflict.

Last Gift to a Dying Soldier

Hour of Knighthood- C+

Anti-Army

After Assassin has been killed, he is "resurrected". When this happens, all of Assassins Parameters are raised by one rank. While in this state Assassin is not truly still alive. In this way, this Noble Phantasm acts like another form of Battle Continuation. Assassin is only able to stay "alive" as long as he continues fighting, however, if he is killed once again he will not be able to revive a second time. When combat ends he will disappear as he should have when he as killed originally. This Noble Phantasm simply acts as a way for Assassin to take the Servant (or Master) who killed him, down with him. This Noble Phantasm is based off King Henry V knighting Assassin on the field of battle, after which he would die, fighting without tiring until finally giving into his wounds at the end of the conflict.

Personality
    Assassin someone who can be described as "the worst kind of enemy, and the best kind of friend". Should you be considered his enemy, he will pursue you relentlessly and not stop until you are dead. However, if you are is friend, he is the most loyal ally one could have. Assassin would gladly sacrifice himself for the betterment of either his Master or allies. He is very easily to get along with and was like a brother to Henry V. In this way his personality is comparable to Cu Chulainn ( Caster). He is not happy about being summoned in the Assassin class, as it represents his dishonorable actions before he joined Henry V. He is also still very sensitive about the fact that he is missing an eye, and bringing it up will bring about one of two reactions. If he considers you an enemy it will cause him to grow angry and single you out as his main target. If he considers you a friend he will most likely pout, and complain about how you shouldn't make fun of those that are disabled.
    Last edited by ZSB1999; April 30th, 2016 at 03:42 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Yeah, yeah, I know he (it?) most definitely can't be an Heroic Spirit, but who cares?

Class:
    Assassin
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Attribute: Earth

Strength: C
    Endurance: D
    Agility: A+
    Mana: E
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: B+

Class Skills:
    Presence Concealment: D
    Suitable for spying.

Personal Skills:
    Clairvoyance: B+
    Assassin's inhuman, large eyes provide him with an extremely accurate sight (being able to keep track of object moving at high speeds several kilometers away), as well as a wider visual field, and night vision.

Cryptid: C-
    A skill possessed by cryptids, which could be seen as modern counterparts of the Phantasmal Species. Similar to Information Erasure, but instead of erasing an enemy's memories of the owner after combat, it alters them, leading to people who faced Assassin having conflicting information regarding him. However, he will consistently be remembered as a winged creature with large, glowing red eyes.

Noble Phantasms
    Autonomous Self-Defence Mechanism
    Herald of Catastrophes
    - Anti-Army, Rank B+

A defensive ability possessed by Assassin, raised to the level of a Noble Phantasm by his "legend". A form of Marble Phantasm over which he possesses no control, it becomes active when he feels threatened. The probability of events that will hinder or harm those threatening Assassin, as well as the "level" of these events, will continuously increase as long as he feels threatened. At first, simple effects like the enemy tripping or accidentally dropping their weapon, or street lamps breaking in the middle of the night, may happen. With time, dangerous events such as manholes exploding, lightning striking from the sky and the ground below someone giving away and sinking will come. If Assassin is sufficiently threatened, large-scale catastrophes such as entire buildings collapsing or widespread fires can take place. As Assassin has no control over what happens, his Master must be very careful when using him.

Lore
    Spoiler:
    The Mothman is a cryptid, a modern folkloric creature, first witnessed in the city of Point Pleasent, US, in 1966. Often described as a winged humanoid with glowing, the sightings of the mothman lasted for 13 months, coming to an abrupt end in December 15, 1967, after the bridge connecting Point Pleasant to the city of Gallipolis collapsed, resulting in 46 deaths. Many have attributed the collapse of the bridge to the Mothman. Nowadays, he is celebrated as part of Point Pleasant's culture, and possesses a museum, a statue and a festival dedicated to him.

Some people argue that the Mothman was a hoax, while some say he was an alien, or even a supernatural being; due to the creature's lack of an appropriate vocal apparatus, even his Master will be incapable of obtaining information about the Mothman's nature. However, it is still capable of transmiting "emotions" to the Master, and can warn them of the presence of a threat. The creature prefers to work furtively, stalking and observing enemy Masters and Servants from far away, and catching them off-guard. It tries to avoid direct combat as much as possible, due to the potential collateral damage caused by its Noble Phantasm.
    Last edited by Zork Knight; April 30th, 2016 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    Given some of their abilities, I thought that for someone like Assassin, disengaging and going for the master was an option. For Caster it's simply fighting remotely or teleporting away. I don't recall Archers having an ability that allows them to pull away from the line of fire if they are at a disadvantage. Part of the idea of Archer facing off against Berserker was that he was holding him back.
    For True Assassin, maybe it would be possible. For Kojirou, it definitely wouldn't. Caster could probably escape I suppose but she's not going to win.

If we're dealing with oddballs like FSN Gil, then it's definitely under zero if he's serious or the gap in power is too big... but Gil's circumstances are... rare...

Unless we're dealing with Gilgamesh never being serious. Most losses happened because there was always a handicap (Ilya, mana deprived Lance, range limited Cu, off guard EMIYA, Avalon-less Saber, Chariotless Alex...) and he never won a head on fight against someone fighting at full power with zero restraint (though Cu's defeat might actually count, since that was a limitation of his Noble Phantasm).

But as a whole, I tend to point out to plot armored characters as "undefeatable unless conditions say otherwise" and single them as a plot device with personality more than a character.
    Serious Gilgamesh is rare, but I don't think the rarity of something is a relevant factor when the question is whether it can happen or not.

It's fine to consider Gilgamesh a plot device but he's clearly more than that. He's a character built to fulfill a role of being a plot device. Finding a way to defeat him takes much more plot armor than him just being that strong. Being almost unrivaled in power doesn't make battling him any less legitimate of an example for a situation with almost no chance of victory.

This part always confused me! Did it kill him only seven times? Or the remaining seven times (Archer took five lives out didn't he)...
    Archer took six lives, meaning seven would be the remaining six + enough damage to kill one more time.

Babbage? Edison? Nightingale? (I take that one back. She's a Berserker...)
    Babbage's stats are affected by his armor, so I guess if you're making someone with a mechsuit that's fine. Edison is a perfect example so long as you remember that, other than maybe his NP, his EX stats come from his unusual summoning and he'd normally have Ds and Es.

I doubt he had less than 12 A+ ranked Noble Phantasms even after the rankdown. That Caliburn was one means Archer should've stored at least 8 times that number.

I believe his mistake was deploying it after having taken on Berserker in melee.
    Maybe he has more than that many Noble Phantasms that can break through God Hand but that doesn't necessarily mean he can get a kill with each one, especially not while Berserker is trying to smash him.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Sandman - Very Nasu-y with the lore and I like how you tied the Night of Wallachia into it. You've put good work into the background and all the skills are either original or lesser used so nice job with your creativity.

Butler!EMIYA - Best Husbando.

Davy Gam - An assassin knight eh? The only other person I can think of who can fill that is the traitor knight Agravain from the Arthurian mythos. Royd made Henry V just before I joined here so they'd probably get along quite well. His Noble Phantasms, especially his second one doesn't seem very Assassin-y (then again you could sneak up on someone after they thought they killed you) but that seems to be his nature in general.

Mothman - Yeah, I doubt it could be eligible as a Heroic Spirit either. The Noble Phantasm is basically "roll a d20 and something will happen" but by having is as a Marble Phantasm, it makes more sense. I don't really have much else to say about it though.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Class: Berserker
    True Name: Goliath
    Alignment: Lawful Mad
    Place of Origin: Gath

Strength- A+
    Endurance- A+
    Agility- C
    Mana- B
    Luck- D
    NP- A

Height/Weight: 300cm/340kg
    Dislikes: - (Nothing, since he is mad enhanced)
    Talents: - (Nothing, since he is mad enhanced)
    Natural Enemy: David

Class Skills:
    • Mad Enhancement (B) - Rank up for all parameters, but takes away most of sanity.

Personal Skills:

• Gigantism (A) - Can grow to a giant size. In this state; Strength, Endurance and Mana gain a rank up, but Agility and Luck gain a rank down.
    • Scream of Terror (A) - The Servant's howl of battle induces deep, primal fear in all around them. As long as enemy doesn't possess any means of shutting off unnatural fear, they remain 'terrified' which weakens their defensive and offensive capabilities and forces those especially vulnerable to flee. Goliath managed to incur fear in an entire army by himself.
    • Monstrous Strength (B) - An ability possessed by monsters and beasts, temporary boost of the Strength parameter by one rank for a time limit determined by the ranking of this skill. His name has very strong connotations with giant monsters.
    • Protection of Faith (C) - A Skill possessed only by those who have sacrificed themselves for a religious view. Despite being a form of divine protection, it is not a blessing from a higher existence. It is only the absoluteness of one's body and soul, which is born from faith. But if it is too high, it causes abnormalities in the personality. Due to being summoned in the Berserker class and having his true nature sealed away, it's rank is reduced.

Noble Phantasm

Strange Straps Sword of Faith (Anti-Fortress) (A) - Goliath's greatest weapon, taken from his dead body by King David and later passed down to Galahad where he named it after its attachments. A powerful holy greatsword wielded by many legendary figures, a single swing could send scores of enemy's flying. In the hands of Goliath, it is in its most powerful and wicked form. When the blade is activated, a large explosion of highly powerful mana is released that destroys anything caught in its range. The power of the blade does not belong to itself or even Goliath himself. It is a blessing from Gath as Strange Straps is a vessel for the power of gods. In the hands of David or Galahad it would be filled with the power of the Christian God. Due to the effects of the Mad Enhancement, he cannot activate it by himself and requires a Command Seal in order to do so.

Lore

Goliath of Gath was a giant Philistine warrior, defeated by David. Berserker is a warrior with an unshakable fighting spirit. Although he still gives off the style of a loyal soldier, his extremely high Mad Enhancement has scattered most of that human nature.

The account of the battle between David and Goliath is told in 1 Samuel, chapter 17. Saul and the Israelites are facing the Philistines near the Valley of Elah. Twice a day for 40 days, Goliath, the champion of the Philistines, comes out between the lines and challenges the Israelites to send out a champion of their own to decide the outcome in single combat.

Upon the 40th day, David arose. Having far superior size, combat technique and power, the fight should have been an effortless victory for goliath if it had not been for divine intervention. David hurled a stone from his sling with all his might and hits Goliath in the centre of his forehead, Goliath falls on his face to the ground, and David took up Goliath's sword, and prepared to kill him. He realised that he had lost, telling David to slay him, and rejoice in the accomplishment. As David raised the blade and looked upon his executioner, he saw not only the boy, but a glorious being that hung behind him. And as the sword removed Goliath's head from his shoulders, he knew that it was not him, but the other that had truly ended his life.

After his death, the word Goliath became synonymous with giant monsters and although vilified as a blasphemous giant, he was actually a pious warrior with a strong sense of right and wrong. A good man who was on the wrong side of history.

-----------------------

I made this guy like a month ago, then promptly forgot all about him. So here.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; April 30th, 2016 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Giving an extra skill

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Mothman - Yeah, I doubt it could be eligible as a Heroic Spirit either. The Noble Phantasm is basically "roll a d20 and something will happen" but by having is as a Marble Phantasm, it makes more sense. I don't really have much else to say about it though.
    Well, nowadays even full-fledged Divine Spirits can become Servants. Maybe in the future urban legends and other modern bullshit will be allowed to become Servants too.

There's a whole "the Mothman appears where tragedies will happen" thing, and the best thing I could think from that is "he causes Critical Failures when threatened".
    Last edited by Zork Knight; April 30th, 2016 at 09:32 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't see why urban legends can't be Servants. They're myths, after all. Of a sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Davy Gam: i don't really see why he is an Assassin. Saber would seem to be a better fit, due to him being a knight and fighting in the Battle of Agincourt. Or am I missing something?

Goliath: so THAT'S what happened to Goliath's sword! That aside, he looks solid. I admit that I don't know much about him other than the fact that he was a giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Well, nowadays even full-fledged Divine Spirits can become Servants. Maybe in the future urban legends and other modern bullshit will be allowed to become Servants too.

There's a whole "the Mothman appears where tragedies will happen" thing, and the best thing I could think from that is "he causes Critical Failures when threatened".
    I like how the Cryptid skill counters the assertion that cryptids aren't real because less and less people claim to see them even though nowadays we have more and more events caught on camera.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    Davy Gam: i don't really see why he is an Assassin. Saber would seem to be a better fit, due to him being a knight and fighting in the Battle of Agincourt. Or am I missing something?
    I had a hard time picking a class for him, because he never had any famous weapons or a specific weapon of choice. I really wanted to make him an Archer because of the fact that he commanded Archers at the battle of Agincourt, but I could find any sources to justify it. He did, however, serve as both a spy and an assassin for Henry V and this is seen in his skill Captured Hero's Ransom, due to him being captured after a failed assassination attempt against Owain. Also he was reported to have murdered his rival and/or cousin, causing him to need to run away from home and would lead to him joining Henry. I chose the assassin class because it was the one thing that he had definitely done in life, I would have gladly chosen a different class if I had found a source of him using a specific weapon, but the best I could find was that he was a Man-at-Arms (and I didn't want to do another Rider sheet, seeing that I already have like five or six). However, when I made this sheet I was actually ready to change his class should anyone suggest it, because I also thought he really wasn't suited for the Assassin class. So if I find a better source about his weapon of choice, I will gladly change his class to Saber. Maybe I could wank him even more and make him a Double Summon Muaah ha ha!
    Last edited by ZSB1999; April 30th, 2016 at 03:33 PM.

The Fallen Child Chara Dreemurr's Avatar
    Isn't "being an urban legend" the reason for why Ryougi Shiki is an Assassin in Fate/GO anyways?

"HP. ATK. DEF. GOLD. EXP. LV. Everytime a number increases, that feeling. Thats me"

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    For Goliath, I feel as though you could give him another Noble Phantasm. While this is a very good sheet I feel as though there is so much that could be added, like a skill that gives him a boost to his defense and damage when fighting someone who is just about as strong as him, or stronger. But when he fights someone much weaker than himself he receives multiple rank downs to his stats, showing the famous underdog winning scenario David vs Goliath. You could also give him a Noble Phantasm that prevents damage from anything except Noble Phantasms, because only the sling and his own sword were able to hurt him. Finally the last idea I had for Goliath comes from my brother who thought up a Goliath sheet in the past. A noble phantasm that allows him to actually become a 40ft giant. This would be based off his fame of a heroic spirit and how the word Goliath is used today. When people hear the word Goliath, they normally think of a huge giant, this noble phantasm would be the crystalization of that. Of course if you chose to add one of these to his sheet, you should probably only chose one, because of the fact that you don't want to make him too OP. But, just remember that Heroic Spirits gain their power from Fame as well as the strength they had in life (why do you think Mary Antoinette is so strong other than just GO logic?) and Goliath is arguably more famous than even Heracles.

Class: Caster

STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: C
    MGI: A
    LCK: C

Class Skills

Territory Creation (B):
    Construction of a Workshop becomes possible.

Item Construction (B): Can make a variety of Mystic Codes, the best of which are used for
    analysis and measurement. Caster is credited with the invention of several astronomical
    instruments, and wrote many works on the subject.

Personal Skills

Mathematical Genius (A+): Caster was considered one of the greatest mathematicians and astronomers of antiquity.
    To say that he is "good with numbers" would be a colossal understatement. Using his vast calculation abilities he is
    able to understand the world around him to such an extreme depth that he can avoid enemy attacks, locate weak
    points and predict the probability of almost any event with ease.

Magecraft (C): Capable of orthodox magecraft. Caster has a double affinity for Wind and Water, which aided him
    in his studies of celestial bodies due to the elements' relationships with movement and cycles, respectively.

Noble Phantasms

Armillary Sphere~Ptolemaic Center (B, Support, Anti-Unit)

A device of Caster's own invention, an armillary sphere is a model of objects in the sky (or celestial sphere),
    consisting of a spherical framework of rings centered on the Earth. These rings represent various important
    celestial features such as longitude and latitude. Caster's version takes the form of the rings rotating around
    himself, protecting him with a powerful Bounded Field that redirects attacks around him, as though gravity were
    bending space around him. Inside the rings, Caster's body becomes an analogue for the Earth, granting him the
    ability to view and siphon all energy sources that he can detect, magical or otherwise, and transfer that energy
    straight into himself or the rings. Fueling the apparatus in this manner also allows Caster to launch attacks
    from the rings and use it as a mobile spell-platform of sorts, and to increase the strength of his own gravity
    well in order to cause more and more objects to orbit around him.

Armillary Sphere~Copernican Center (A+, Anti-Army)

During life, Caster was a proponent of heliocentrism, or the belief that the Earth rotated around the sun, but
    was unable to prove it due to its unpopularity in the ancient world and the limitations of the technology of his
    time. However, he still had in mind a design for a version of the armillary sphere with the sun at the center.
    Since this was never realized in his lifetime, Caster must work to make modifications to his original Sphere to
    unleash its full potential. When activated, it behaves the same as the original Sphere, except that Caster's body
    becomes a representation of the sun. Fueled by the rings as usual, he spreads searing heat and flame in every
    direction and can increase his gravity well to the point where entire landmasses can be uprooted and manipulated.
    Naturally this version of the Sphere burns through much more energy, but the cost can be reduced to next to nothing
    by liberal redirection of leylines and other energy sources via the Sphere. This is made much more doable with
    Caster's innate mathematical expertise.

Background
    Hipparchus was a Greek astronomer, geographer, and mathematician. He is considered the founder of trigonometry,
    but is most famous for his incidental discovery of precession of the equinoxes. He is considered the greatest
    ancient astronomical observer and, by some, the greatest overall astronomer of antiquity. He was the first whose
    quantitative and accurate models for the motion of the Sun and Moon survive. For this he certainly made use of
    the observations and perhaps the mathematical techniques accumulated over centuries by the Babylonians and other
    people from Mesopotamia. He developed trigonometry and constructed trigonometric tables, and he solved several
    problems of spherical trigonometry. With his solar and lunar theories and his trigonometry, he may have been the
    first to develop a reliable method to predict solar eclipses. His other reputed achievements include the discovery
    and measurement of Earth's precession, the compilation of the first comprehensive star catalog of the western world,
    and possibly the invention of the armillary sphere, which he used during the creation of much of the star catalogue.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; April 30th, 2016 at 04:11 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Hipparchus is terrifying, never has Math been so scary. His math skills basically give him instinct, and in combination with his Sun powers, he becomes death incarnate. He has an extremely high chance of winning whatever Grail War he is summoned into, unless his enemies find him before he can use his Noble Phantasm at full power, he pretty much wins. In addition to the powers of his Noble Phantasm, all ranged attacks are now useless and will be returned to sender with more force than they were shot with, due to the sling-shot effect. And with his math skills, I think he would be able to find a spot to set up, where the probability of encountering another servant is close to 0%
    Last edited by ZSB1999; April 30th, 2016 at 04:22 PM.