Page 774 of 782 FirstFirst ... 274674724764769772773774775776779 ... LastLast
Results 15,461 to 15,480 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Avalon View Post
    Has anyone done a post for Saber Gawain, if so can anyone tell me where the hell to find the bugger?
    He existed in canon before this thread was created, so no?
    Quote Originally Posted by ほうれん草 View Post
    STOP SHOOTING EACH OTHER YOU FUCKERS

I'm trying to watch anime FFS

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Avalon View Post
    Has anyone done a post for Saber Gawain, if so can anyone tell me where the hell to find the bugger?
    http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Saber_(Fate/Extra)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Since Funderfullness has done a Druid and Cleric recently, here is a Paladin of sorts.

Class: Saber
    True Name: Sir Bors
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Place of Origin: Camelot (France)

Strength- A
    Endurance- B
    Agility- C
    Mana- B
    Luck- B
    NP - B

Height/Weight: 183cm/77kg
    Dislikes: Women in general
    Talent: Connection to the Grail
    Natural Enemy: Percival

Class Skills:
    • Magic Resistance (B+) - Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected. The '+' comes from his Grail Knight skill.
    • Riding (B) - Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills:
    • Grail Knight (EX) - The boon given to those complete the legendary quest to recover the words greatest and most powerful artifact. It is a blessing of the greatest power that cannot be negated - Bors alone possesses this skill out of he, Percival and Galahad as he was the only one to return to Camelot afterwards. Sir Bors possesses immunity to any mental interference except from the cursed mud of the grail itself and large defensive bonuses against magical spells other than the sacraments of the Church.
    • Oath to Order (A+) - A composite "Cheat" skill that takes effect only should he pledge undying loyalty to someone. When fighting for the sake of his oath keeper, all his parameters will gain a 'Rank-Up'. In addition, this skill grants him the equivalent of 'Guardian Knight' and 'Instinct' at rank 'A'. The drawback is that this skill seals his loyalty to the oathkeeper and every order holds weight akin to a Command Spell.

Noble Phantasm

Trabuchet Broken Sword of the Fisher King (Anti-Unit) (B) - The Fisher King received a gloriously crafted sword from one of his nieces and granted to Sir Percival who had not seen any finer sword than this new gift. Although forged by mortal hands, its beauty equals that of divine constructs. However the damsel warned Percival that the sword would break if used. As expected of Percival, it was broken almost immediately. It was said that the broken sword that can only be restored by the Grail Hero - the greatest knight in all the world. The sword would be restored when the hero simply joins the two broken ends of the sword together. By restoring the Broken Sword, the hero would be able to understand the secrets of Grail mystery. Galahad successfully restored this Broken Sword and gave it to Bors.

When drawn, all parameters aside from Mana and Luck increase by one rank but that is not the true power of the sword. It bestows complete knowledge of the secrets of the grail itself upon Bors alongside an unspoken connection to it and able to safely interact with it without fear of corruption as one of its chosen.

This sword is identical to one that Percival possesses in terms of appearance and name however it possesses different powers as in the hands of Percival it possesses healing properties due to acting as the opposite of the Bleeding Lance.

Lore

Sir Bors the Younger lived for several years at the court of a evil Frankish king called Claudas as a young man. Knowing his cruel heart, he rebel against him and slew his cruel son Dorin. Before Claudas can retaliate, Bors was rescued by a servant of the Lady of the Lake and spirited off to be raised with his cousin Lancelot. He grew to be a great knight like Lancelot and joined the court of King Arthur.

He proved his glory in the Grail Quest and managed to surpass his cousin as unlike Lancelot he found the grail alongside Galahad and Percival. Unlike Galahad and Percival however, he was the only one to survive and return to Camelot. When the affair between Guinevere and Lancelot was revealed he joined his cousin in exile. He returned to Camelot to only put down the remnants of the rebellion of Mordred after the battle of Camlann.

Like Sir Bedivere, he did not know the truth of the Kings gender which was for the best as despite being a valiant knight, he was rather misogynistic and had a low opinion of women in general. Bors knows right and wrong but views them as a minor preference as he places law and order above all that. If given the choice between saving innocent lives and doing nothing, he would gladly save them however if his vow required him to do nothing and let them die, he would gladly stand idle.

Despite not being as ridiculously powerful as some other members of the Round Table; his high power, relatively low mana cost in comparison and unfailing loyalty to his master make him a truly excellent servant - as long as his master is not a woman.

--------------

Another British servant and a knight of the round table at that. How totally unexpected.
    I was originally working on Gawain's brother Gaheris but despite appearing in almost every iteration of Arthurian lore, there's nothing on the guy other than the fact he lopped his mothers head off - never having his own real legend, hell even Gareth has his own tale in Le Morte de Arthur. So yeah.

On an unrelated note that picture of Saint Margaret two pages back was actually supposed to be her being eaten by the dragon, hence the cloth in it's mouth. Imma still make a sheet for her though.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; August 2nd, 2016 at 03:45 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice to see a sheet for one of the somewhat lesser known knights here. I'd kind of debate just how 'misogynist' he is given that he chose to save some girl over his own brother at one point, but that's how (going by Wikipedia) how he was portrayed in Once And Future King so you do have a textual leg to stand on, I suppose (and giving him some flaw makes him less of a boring 'perfect knight').

NP is simple on the face of it, but quite interesting. With it, he'd immediately grasp the Grail's corruption and possibly even be able to do something about it (as well as being immune to Blackening). For an extra NP, I could see giving him something involving the column of fire that immobilized his brother who tried to attack him.

And yeah, Margaret was eaten by a dragon, but broke her way out when the cross she bore expanded to pierce its insides (at least, that's the version I heard). She'd probably have the cross as her NP, not the dragon itself (which she never interacted with other then being eaten by it). Oh and, does this mean you're back from your vacation Hermes?

By the way Hermes, any feedback on Huangdi from two pages back?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and, out of curiosity, how'd you get that image posted up? Imgur doesn't seem to allow forum posting anymore, and BL's own image software is quite spotty so...

Blog Entries
    Finally got Huangdi's image to show up properly. See here for how. (Yes, I know it's off-topic but whatever...)

Blog Entries
    Servant Saber:

True Name: Armand Jeanne du Plessis 'Cardinal Richelieu'

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Alternate Classes: Caster, Assassin

Strength- C (B)
    Agility- B (A)
    Endurance- C (B)
    Mana- E
    Luck- B
    NP- B

Appearance:

Personality
    : A woman of conflicting legends. Some call her a patriot who helped her country flourish, while to others she is a rotten cynic who cared solely for her own power. As is common with these things, Saber's true character lies somewhat in between. Saber cares for her country, but is strongly authoritarian and believes it can only prosper under a strict, absolute rule where the King stands above all.

Shrewd and scheming; Saber is at no doubt a politician for whom words are like deadly knives. Unusual for the Saber Class which is normally the most physically powerful, Saber is a relatively lackluster Servant and fully aware of it. As such, she shows tactics more expected of a Caster, gathering allies and using words to manipulate the battlefield to her advantage.

In the Grail War, she will likely regard her Master as her 'King' and serve them utterly, even if she regards their actions as detestable. If he encounters a French Monarch as an enemy Servant, Saber loyalties will be highly torn between her Master and a rightful king of her country. Her wish on the Grail would be to restore the Absolute Monarchy. Since she believes she himself is not fit to be ruler, Saber wishes to resurrect Louis XIII to serve as an eternal divine Monarch over the world.

Dislikes: rebellions, squabbling nobles
    Talent: nation fortification
    Natural Enemy: the Hapsburg Dynasty, Marie de Medici

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance (C/A)- Cancel spells with an incantation below two verses. Cannot cope with the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals. Since she was born well after the Age Of Gods and never encountered magic, Saber's rank is a pure result of her Class. Rises to A-rank upon invocation of her Noble Phantasm- Epée Littéraire.

Personal Skills
    :

Eye For Art (C)- Infatuation for works of art. Saber was famous for her patronage of the arts. Most notably, she founded the Académie Française, the learned society responsible for matters pertaining to the French language. Grants a moderate chance of grasping the identity of Servants with artistic anecdotes.

Charisma (C)- Ability to inspire others and lead armies. Saber was often known by the title of the king's 'Chief Minister' or 'First Minister'. She sought to consolidate royal power and crush domestic factions. By restraining the power of the nobility, Saber transformed France into a strong, centralized state.

Protection Of The Faith (C-)- A Skill possessed by those who have sacrificed themselves for a religious view. Despite the name, it is not a protection from a higher existence, but rather an absolution of body and soul that is born from faith. But at higher ranks, it has a tendency to create abnormalities in the personality. Saber was a Cardinal who was supported by and advocated for the Catholic Church. However she did not hesitate to make deals with Protestant rulers when such a thing would prove expediant, somewhat diluting her religious devotion.

Noble Phantasms:

Epée Littéraire- The Pen Is Mightier Then The Sword (B, Anti-Unit): A Noble Phantasm crystallizing the famous phrase associated with Saber. 'The pen is mightier then the sword', an expression indicating the superiority over writing as a means for affecting change then violence and brute force of arms. In fact, it is an anachronism attributed to Saber by the English writer Edward Bulwer-Lytton. It is unlikely the woman himself ever uttered these words. Regardless, their association with Saber is enough to grant her this Noble Phantasm.

It takes form as a mundane looking quill pen Saber carries. Once invoked by shouting the phrase "The pen is mightier then the sword!", it expands and lengthens into the likeness of a sword, the feathered edge sharpening immensely. Upon this happening, Saber receives a Rank-Up to all physical parameters and her Magic Resistance is boosted to A-rank, to the point where no modern Magecraft can affect her. Due to its incredibly thin and light nature, this 'pen-sword' is capable of slicing through even the tiniest gap in an enemy's armor. As a feather it can also harness the wind to send razor-sharp lacerating gusts at Saber's enemies.

Really, it is only this Noble Phantasm that enables her to function as a Saber Class Servant.

L'Éminence Rouge
    - Dazzling Eminence Of Scarlet (C, Support): Saber received the title 'L'Éminence rouge' or 'The red eminence' deriving from the famously red shade of her clerical dress and her emminent position as a Cardinal. The vivid red cardinal attire for which she received that title is Saber's secondary Noble Phantasm. The cloth bears the concept of 'regal authority'. Breaking through it is not a matter of conventional attack power, but 'one's worth as a ruler'. In the Grail War, this is to be measured by one's ranking in the Charisma Skill.

Those with Charisma below Saber's own ranking cannot penetrate this robe. However, unfortunately, it only applies to the areas of her body directly covered.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the vein of William Of Ockham, another Saber who really has no business being one. As always, be sure to drop by with comments and criticisms!

Blog Entries
    Not only did you make him a woman, but there's also no mention of the Day of Dupes, nothing about the Trial of Urbain Grandier and his Loudon Possessions, nihil about that whole brouhaha with Louis XIII's mother, or that he's sometimes referred to as the originator of the modern idea of the secret service; the Church is basically an afterthought here, you could've done a lot more with his portrayal in the Three Musketeers vis a vis how you see him, and you genderbent him.

I can't approve of this.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Now I'm back home I can spend more time on here again, anyways Royd as you've asked for feedback

Yellow Emperor: I'd increase Divinity to B to match Ozy as he was deified after death. As for NP's, you limited the coprolal form for the beast which is good, stops him from being OP with summoning dragons to fight for him which are rediculously strong in the nasuverse. The second seems needless and his daughter seems like she could be her own character rather than a Noble Phantasm - I'd scrap it myself. The third I would rework greatly as it makes him look kind of like an Ozy clone.

Cardinal: Hmm, a few things here. Saber seems to be a poor choice as given the deeds performed in life as NMR said as an originator of the modern secret service, Assassin would have been a far better choice. The second NP suits well but the first seems rather... forced. Again Assassin would have been a better choice. Also as NMR said with the character you could have done a lot more than 'I will serve my king' as the cardinal was a very interesting and deep figure in life. To be honest this one isn't your best.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Yellow Emperor: I'd increase Divinity to B to match Ozy as he was deified after death. As for NP's, you limited the coprolal form for the beast which is good, stops him from being OP with summoning dragons to fight for him which are rediculously strong in the nasuverse. The second seems needless and his daughter seems like she could be her own character rather than a Noble Phantasm - I'd scrap it myself. The third I would rework greatly as it makes him look kind of like an Ozy clone.
    Divinity to B could work, but the idea was that most of his divine aspect was subsumed under the third NP. For the chariot, that's exactly why I portrayed it as such. Dragons really are absurdly powerful in the Nasuverse so I came up with a way that he could have them without really 'having' them. Also led to a much more creative idea.

The second... hmm, Riders usually have more NPs then other Classes so I think it's fair. Nuba would be a full Divine Spirit and couldn't be summoned in a Grail War anyways (not like that's stopped me before...). Besides, I rather like the idea.

Is the third really that much of an Ozy clone? Ozy's summoned tons of temples, monsters and had some kind of poison that lowered enemy specs (and the Dendera laser). Huangdi's buffs his divinity, lets him control the elements and summon low-level gods. They're similar certainly, but I don't think enough to be egregious. Anyways, thanks for the feedback.

Cardinal: Hmm, a few things here. Saber seems to be a poor choice as given the deeds performed in life as NMR said as an originator of the modern secret service, Assassin would have been a far better choice. The second NP suits well but the first seems rather... forced. Again Assassin would have been a better choice. Also as NMR said with the character you could have done a lot more than 'I will serve my king' as the cardinal was a very interesting and deep figure in life. To be honest this one isn't your best.
    Yeah, I admittedly did relatively little research before making this one. My eyes kinda' glazed over looking at all the political stuff. I tried to portray her as suitably complicated but I do have a tendency to make rather 'one note' characters (hence why I feel I do best for figures with relatively short, focused legends). To be honest, the whole idea for this sheet came from the 'Pen is mightier then the sword' idea (working out who could have it as an NP afterwards) so I'm definitely not scrapping that. I could maybe include something based off inventing the Secret Service (one of the facts I do remember reading about him), but I'm not sure how to do it that wouldn't just be a rip-off of the Watergate NP I gave Nixon.

...It's not really one of my best, I'll freely admit. Hopefully the 'pen-sword' imagery is at least somewhat amusing.

- - - Updated - - -

I think, for Richelieu, Saber would her least compatible Class that she sucks at and only fits into because of her NP, like Gilles as Caster. Otherwise, Hermes is right, she'd be much more fitting as a Caster or Assassin (with the aforementioned Secret Service).

Blog Entries
    Servant Caster:

True Name: Jacob & Wilhelm Grimm 'The Brothers Grimm'

Alignment: True Neutral

Strength- E
    Agility- E
    Endurance- E
    Mana- C
    Luck- C
    NP- EX

Appearance:

(Wilhelm on the left, Jacob on the right)

Personality: Distorted and childish. Both of them are incredibly fascinated by fairy tales and in fact view the entire world around them through the framework of one, referring to those around them as 'witches', 'princesses' or the likes. The brothers have a simplistic sense of justice and enjoy seeing 'villains' get their just deserts, usually in grotesque ways befitting their fairy tales. However, their perceptions of 'good' and 'evil' are based on fairy tale archetypes (princesses are good, witches are evil, et cetera) rather then actual right and wrong.

Though without true evil intent, they can show an astonishing amount of innocent cruelty. In the brothers' minds trickery, theft and even murder are all perfectly acceptable so long as they make the resulting 'story' more entertaining.

While separate, Jacob and Wilhelm's personalities are nearly indistinguishable from one another. Their thought processes tend to compliment and they can even be found finishing each other's sentences at times. The only difference is that Wilhelm (the older one) is a bit more curious and assertive while Jacob (the younger one) is a tad shyer and more reserved.

The above is likely not the personality they held in life, but a distortion rendered through conflation with their literary works. The same effect has resulted in them appearing as children despite their work being accomplished at a much later age.

Dislikes: boredom, those who go against their 'roles'
    Talent: popularizing fairy tales
    Natural Enemy: reality

Class Skills
    :

Territory Creation (-)- Ability to formulate a territory advantageous to oneself as a Magus. Due to their Noble Phantasm- Die Marchen, this Skill has been sealed.

Item Construction (C)- Ability to craft magical items. While the Brothers Grimm do not know any Magecraft, by putting their Noble Phantasm to practical use, it seems the two can more or less produce what can be found in their literary works.

Personal Skills:

Combination (B)- The quality of being two Heroic Spirits summoned into a single Class Container. The two in question are Jacob and Wilhem Grimm, whose fame as the so-called 'Brothers Grimm' far eclipsed any they had separately. The two are considered a composite existence as the forefather of modern fairy tales. The brothers can act and strategize independently but if one of them is killed, the other will fade away only moments after.

Mental Pollution (C)- A twisted mentality that offers protection from mental interference type Thaumaturgy. However as a consequence, it becomes difficult to come to an understanding with others not similarly twisted. Not truly insane, Caster's variant in this Skill crystallizes as an obsession with fairy tales that is described under Personality.

Eye For Art (B+)- Infatuation for works of art. As the ones who discovered and popularized countless fairy tales, Caster's knowledge of the genre is near-limitless. So long as a Heroic Spirit has a legend deriving from fairy tales, it is just about certain that Caster should be able to deduce their identity.

Presence Concealment (E)- Ability to conceal one's presence. At this rank, it has the effect of making one blend into the background more and be difficult to discern amidst crowds, as well as concealing one's aura as a Heroic Spirit. This Skill is only granted upon invocation of their Noble Phantasm- Die Marchen. As the 'audience' the brothers are permitted to watch unnoticed over their chosen 'stage'.

Noble Phantasm:

Die Marchen- Grimm Tales (EX, Anti-Team): Fairy tales. Stories of kings, dragons and heroines which enraptured the minds of children and adults alike. Though the Brothers Grimm did not author any of these tales, they were indisputably responsible for bringing them from ancient oral tradition into the modern day. In the popular consciousness, the name 'Brothers Grimm' certainly calls to mind all the fairy tales that they helped bring forth. Though the stories existed long beforehand, it wouldn't be inaccurate to say that the brothers were forefathers of the 'fairy tale' as a modern literary genre.

By invoking this Noble Phantasm, Caster may bring any of the myriad fairy tales associated with the Brothers Grimm into reality. Those within the effective radius will have their 'fates' distorted to match their roles in the specified tale. 'Roles' are allocated based on how close one is to the fairy tale archetype in question. For instance, a scheming mature woman would almost certainly have the 'wicked stepmother' role foisted upon her regardless of actual morality, while a virgin princess will qualify for the 'heroine' role no matter how dark or twisted.

Events will conspire so that the 'characters' meet the same ends as their corresponding archetypes. A 'princess' will surely prosper by curtain call, while a 'wicked stepmother' will be equally certain to meet some horrid fate. As the Noble Phantasm is allowed to progress, the effects escalate from relatively subtle distortion of fate to calling upon outright ghoulish events and phenomenon such as evil spirits, eldritch fairies, Phantasmal wolves or grasping thorny vines. The effects do not apply to the brothers themselves, who are considered an 'audience' and not part of the tale itself. As such, they are also granted Presence Concealment at rank E to watch unnoticed over their chosen 'stage'.

Though powerful, this Noble Phantasm is limited by the fact that Caster themselves have no say in how the 'story' unfolds after invoking it. That is solely determined by the aptitudes of the 'characters' within range. The brothers will not care, but simply be glad to watch as their 'magnificent', twisted and macabre tale unfolds. Also, the higher one's Luck, the more one will be able to defy one's 'role' and produce an outcome contrary to the fairy tale's predestined ending. Just one person doing such can easily throw the entire 'tale' out of order, though in response the 'tale' will actively begin to defend itself by attempting to remove the 'irregularity'.

By the way, the perception of fairy tales as cheerful stories that always end happily is solely an artifact of the modern day. The true fairy tales that Brothers Grimm documented were brutal, macabre and often gory.

Because of its peculiar nature, this Noble Phantasm requires very little magical energy to invoke and operates autonomously afterwards. It could be called the only form of Thaumaturgy that the Brothers Grimm- who immersed themselves in fairy tales to the point of becoming cut off from the common world- could ever perform.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Characters I had in mind as authors that could show up in Bungou Stray Dogs, only to realize that they also fit pretty well in a Fate format. Essentially Andersen and Shakespeare crammed together with a bit of Nursery Rhyme mixed in. Also my second ever usage of the Combination Skill (first was Castor & Pollux). As always, be sure to drop by with comments and criticisms!

I'm back and worse than before DessertTaiga's Avatar
    Appearance

Spirit:
    Andrés Bonifacio y de Castro
    Class: Saber

~~ SERVANT STATUS ~~

= PARAMETERS =
    Strength: A
    Endurance: B
    Agility: B
    Mana: C+
    Luck: D
    N. Phantasm: A+

= CLASS SKILLS =
    SKILL NAME: Magic Resistance (B)
    DESCRIPTION: Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for Saber to be affected.

SKILL NAME: Riding (C)
    DESCRIPTION: Though he has enough skill to ride vehicles, he cannot ride most vehicles, as this skill is only ranked C.

= PERSONAL SKILLS =
    SKILL NAME: Charisma (C+)
    DESCRIPTION:
    Saber has enough charisma to command an army. However, there are chances his troops will decrease.

SKILL NAME: Battle Continuation (B)
    DESCRIPTION: No matter how many times he's defeated, Saber can still fight as long as he doesn’t receive massive deadly injuries and fatal wounds.

SKILL NAME: Military Tactics (C+)
    DESCRIPTION: Saber has enough tactics to command his army. However, it’s not as great as the skills of tacticians.

= NOBLE PHANTASM(S) =
    Noble Phantasm
    PHANTASM NAME: Katipunan: Highest and Most Respected Society of my Country’s People (A+)
    DESCRIPTION: It is similar to Iskander’s Ionioi Hetairoi, but in a lower rank. Saber summons Master-less Servants representing the members of the army of “Katipunan” but due to just being summoned through Saber’s Noble Phantasm, they lack Skills and Class designations, and their Noble Phantasms cannot be materialized as this “Katipunan” is a Noble Phantasm itself. Another similarity with Iskander’s EX-ranked Noble Phantasm is that the NP generates a battlefield. (A/N: So just think of it as Ionioi Hetairoi, but is just ranked A+, it is weaker, and the summoned Master-less Servants are Katipunan members.)

~~ CHARACTER INFORMATION ~~

Height: 170 cm
    Weight: 63 kg
    Dislikes: Cruel People, Stubborn Fools, Foes that never shut up, A weak and pathetic Master

Identity
    Saber’s true identity is Andrés Bonifacio y de Castro , or simply and more popularly as Andrés Bonifacio. A Filipino revolutionary leader and the president of the Tagalog Republic. He is often called “The Great Plebeian” and “The Father of the Philippine Revolution”. Andrés was one of the founders and later Supreme Leader of the “Kataas-taasan, Kagalanggalangang Katipunan ng mga Anak ng Bayan,” (Translation: Highest and Most Respected Society of my Country’s People) or simply and more popularly called “Katipunan,” a movement which sought the independence of the Philippines from Spanish colonial rule and started the Philippine Revolution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I get back to Chapter 2 of Fate/Ragnarok, I present to you… well, this. A Filipino Servant, ‘cuz I think the Nasuverse doesn't have one… yet.

Not entirely proud of this one, though. I dunno if his NP is a bit, well, overpowered, because, well… also his sword. I dunno about his NP sword. Suggestions, anyone?

I was also supposed to make a genderbent Bonifacio, but I’d prefer for Servants to keep their real gender, because of course, it's lore-accurate. Also, maybe they should add Jose Rizal as Caster, don’t you think? Aside from that, not much to say.

Praises and criticism are, as always, accepted.
    no

Blog Entries
    Andres: He's a little bit boring, honestly. Not bad, and it's certainly interesting to see a Filipino hero here but... Well, you admit his NP is basically just a weaker Ionian Hetairoi. You mention a possible sword NP? That might help to give him some more flavor, though I don't know enough about Andres to suggest forms it might take.

Any feedback on my own Brothers Grimm sheet? *looks hopefully*

Blog Entries
    Thread seems (more then) a little dead as of late. Any commentary on Brothers Grimm?

Hello? Hello?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Thread seems (more then) a little dead as of late. Any commentary on Brothers Grimm?

Hello? Hello?
    Hold your horses, mate. I'm happy if I get someone to notice I've even posted anything most of the time. On that note:

Caster/Berserker Asmodeus
    King of the Nine Hells, Prince of Lust, The Devil on Two Sticks
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    STR B
    EN B
    AGI D
    MA A++
    LU E

Class skills:
    Mad Enhancement A++
    Raises basic parameters in exchange of hindering mental capacities. In some cases, also seals away Personal Skills. Parameters are Ranked-Up, but is deprived of most reason.
    The Servant is focused on two things above all else: as the arch-demon governing Lust, his libido is quite literally insatiable.
    The other is a madness common to all demons: a hatred of God. Even things vaguely reminiscent of God, like water or fish, will seem personal affronts to him.

Territory Creation C
    The skill of building a territory advantageous to oneself as a magus.
    While having been part of the building of the Temple of Solomon and deserving the rank of A, his particular madness makes him unsuited to reproduce anything more difficult than a simple Workshop.

Item Construction -
    Lost in exchange for the ability "Evocation".

Personal skills:
    Double Summon B
    A rare skill that permits a Servant to have the class skills of two classes at the same time.
    In the case of Asmodeus, this merely affects his parameters: while his mindset does not change, Mad Enhancement is required to receive boosted parameters in return.

Sinful Spirit A
    A skill similar to Innocent Monster, that being an attribute possessed by Servants whose history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter. As a consequence, the Servant's abilities and appearance have been rendered to conform to the specifications of their legend. Incidentally, this personal skill cannot be removed.
    However, whereas "Innocent Monster" implies the Servant looks negatively upon the distortion to their legend, this skill is the opposite. The Servant enjoys the cruelty and the countless sins attributed to him, and would add to that reputation upon being summoned again.
    Asmodeus was in some stories an existence known as a "cambion", a son of one mortal parent and one demonic parent, often a succubus. In one version, he is claimed to be the son of King David of Israel, thereby being the half-brother of Solomon. In another, he is the son of Adam, the Original Human, and Naamah, the angel of sacred prostitution.
    Yet most stories forgo his human side altogether, like did he in life, becoming one of the foremost demons by foresaking his human inheritance.
    Due to this accrued reputation, extra damage is taken from divine effects of Abrahamaic origin.

Evocation A
    A magecraft evoking spiritual bodies from the past, possibly even the future.
    Said to govern 72 legions of lesser spirits, Asmodeus can summon any number of these demons, using them as familiars or generally to wreak havoc.
    However, none of them are anywhere near his level of strength, being an almost exact fit for the stereotypical image of a demonic "imp".

Noble Phantasm:
    ASMODEUS ~ His Seal Is Thus To Be Made And Worne As A Lamen Before Thee On Your Breast ~ Anti-Unit (Self) A
    The true appearance of Asmodeus, sealed in a Noble Phantasm.
    As described in the Ars Goetia, "he appeareth wth 3 heads, whereof ye first is like a Bull The second like a Man, The third like a Ram, [he appeareth also] wth a serpents Taile, Belching or vomitting up flames of fire out of his mouth his feet are webed like a Goose, he sitteth on an Infernall dragon carring a Launce and a flagg in his hands".
    Relinquishing all semblance of humanity, his human-like appearance and reasoning, this is a state from which there is no return, no matter what.
    Upon activation, he abandons the existence of a Servant and instead reincarnates as one of the strongest of the 72 Demon Pillars, rampaging indiscriminately until stopped. However, it is possible for his Master to escape his notice, by drawing a symbol of the seal of Asmodeus as depicted in the Ars Goetia.

The seal

Notes:
    Was trawling through Wikipedia when I came across his article and saw he was Solomon's half-brother (in some stories).
    That collided with a different train of thought: if Solomon's so OP as in GO, why didn't anyone ever try to summon him?
    This guy is sort of my answer: I could totally see someone trying to summon the King of Magecraft, instead getting Asmodeus, since IMO they'd share many catalysts, such as parts of the Temple (both were involved its construction), the Lemegeton, etc. The disaster he caused was of such a scale no one bothered after that.
    He'd fit into the 3rd War pretty well, even, since that had no proper Berserker, and adds to the reason the Grail was corrupted. The only problems are that his summoning would take place before the Grail was contaminated (solved if Caster is summoned only after Avenger dies) and that this is all in my head anyway and has no chance of being even remotely canon.
    Fun facts: he is strongest in November and his astrological sign is Aquarius.

Blog Entries
    Asmodeus certainly isn't anyone I expected to see here. Never heard of him being Solomon's half-brother in some stories (or really, anything other then being the patron demon of Lust).

His variant of Mad Enhancement sounds honestly quite scary, the 'insatiable libido' part I mean. I rather shudder to think of the things he could get up to if his Master let him roam free. (Let's just say any story featuring him could easily turn into a rather nasty Hentai and leave it at that)

I'm not sure if just having a different reaction to the distortion his legend underwent would really be enough to make the Skill essentially different, though. Vlad obviously hated what he'd become in legend but other holders of Innocent Monster like Bathory or Mephistopheles (from what little we know of him) don't seem to mind. In any case, it's not a sticking point and I can see you wanting to give him a unique Skill, even if I personally disagree with the reasoning behind it.

ASMODEUS is basically him becoming a giant monster and rampaging around. Simple, but certainly powerful (not to mention scary). I imagine once this gets invoked all remaining Servants would have to band together in a desperate effort to take him down before he destroys the whole city or something. From the description, I'm imagining him at least as powerful as Gilles' Cthulhu monster.

Now that I've done yours, how about some feedback on my own Brothers Grimm?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Grimm Bros: I like the Noble Phantasm but aside from it, they don't stick out so much. Maybe an original skill might help?

Asmodeus: I like your reasoning behind him and I am fond of the Sinful Spirit Skill. I think he'd be better in the Apocrypha verse than the 3rd grail war as everyone and their mother was practically involved in a grail war happening every few years all over the world, and we only know the story of one and mild ideas of a few of the others.

As to your comment on the thread: there could be a whole host of reasons: Lack of inspiration, not having much to say, busy real life schedules etc. That and the new chapter of GO is out so everybody is likely on that.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Have a long delayed saint. A dragon rider who's not a dragon rider.

Class: Rider
    True Name: Saint Margaret the Virgin
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: Turkey

Strength- C
    Endurance- B
    Agility- D
    Mana- B
    Luck- C
    NP- A+

Height/Weight: 154cm/49kg
    Dislikes: Men in general, Abstract Art
    Talent: Herding Sheep
    Natural Enemy: The Dragon Slayer of France

Class Skills:
    • Magic Resistance (B) - Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.
    • Riding (A+) - Creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. The ability to ride dragons does not go under this skill.

Personal Skills:

• Baptism Sacrament (B+) - A type of magecraft that changed style into a church form. It is effective on a spiritual body. At this rank, she can make phantasmal beasts go through sublimation, with a special effect upon dragon kind.
    • Dragon Saint (A) - Grants an innate skill to control dragons. She is able to control her draconic mount subconsciously with absolute control without even having to actively think about commands, however this level of control is limited to only her mount.
    • Goddess Divine Core (D) - A skill that express being a perfected goddess from birth. A composite Skill that comprises the Skill Divinity, preserves the absoluteness of the mind and the body, repels mental interference and prevents the body from changes and growth. Although there is no real basis for it, she was likened to the goddess Aphrodite, thus granting her a low rank in this skill.

Noble Phantasms

Tüketilen Ejderha Demonic Scourge of the Saint (Anti-Army) (A+) - In an attempt to break the spirit of the woman to make her renounce her faith, Saint Margaret was tortured. When that failed and Satan himself saw that there was no breaking her spirit, he released an aspect of himself in the form of a Dragon to devour her. The dragon appeared but she slew the beast regardless.

An unholy and hideous creature, it's scales can only be harmed by holy weaponry or sacraments of the church and is capable of breathing hellfire. Being undead, it has no true will of its own and is completely under the control of its master.

Iblis Delici Divine Warding of the Fallen (Anti-Unit) (C+++) - When consumed by a dragon, she blessed it, burning away it's unholy insides before carving her way out with a cross she had in hand, turning the ordinary object into a powerful weapon.
    By activating her Noble Phantasm, her cross is converted into a lance. It is incredibly heavy, able to carve through many layers of defence but to Margaret it is as light as, well, a cross. It is a holy weapon that shines with black light, having been coated in the blood of a dragon. It is a dragon slaying weapon and deals extra damage to those with a "Draconic" attribute and also a weapon that slew an aspect of Satan himself it also deals more damage the more "Unholy" it is and as such can kill fully blooded demons with a single blow.

Lore

Margaret is celebrated as a saint by the church whose historical existence has been questioned. She was a born in what is now known as Turkey and the daughter of Aedesius, a pagan priest. She was raised by a Christian woman and converted as a child. In response, her father disowned her and she lived with her adopted mother as a shepherd. A governor of the east roman empire demanded to marry her and for her to renounce her faith. Her response being obvious, she was tortured and the devil himself conspired to break her will. Satan sent an aspect of himself as a dragon to eat her, but she carved her way out with a cross. Eventually the men in her life gave up and just had her executed. She is associated with the sea and said to have connections with Aphrodite.

She is rather lazy, preferring to have others talk of her blessings than spread the word of god herself, often bribing others to do so. She would excel in the office environment. In the grail war itself, she would prefer to sit back and relax until absolutely necessary. Probably play cooking or farming simulators in the meantime. She is somewhat irritated that some believe her to be a dragon rider due to the piece depicting her atop one. "Clearly they've never eaten anything otherwise they'd know what it looks like", she has grown a dislike of abstract art in general for being "Meaningless and nonsensical".
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; July 27th, 2016 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Witch -> Saint

Blog Entries
    I see you've finished up Saint Margaret. I wouldn't have fancied her a 'dragon rider' (frankly, I think she fits the archetype less then Martha) but your take does admittedly work. The idea being that she's endowed by God with authority over the Dragon-Kind. Interesting to see another use of Jeanne Alter's Dragon Witch Skill though frankly I think Dragon Saint may be a better title for her version. (You could even have it as a composite including the effects of Dragon Witch and Saint)

Iblis Delici is by far her more interesting NP. The 'dark' aspect nicely sets it apart from more generic holy weapons.

The slacker personality you gave her sounds amusing and not at all like your generic 'virgin saint'. I especially got a kick out of the farm simulator reference and the "Clearly they've never eaten anything otherwise they'd know what it looks like," bit. Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason why she dislikes modern art?

On a final note, how do you think she'd interact with my own Saint Barbara Servant?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Cheers! For interaction You had Barbara be a military otaku and outdoorsy while Margaret is closer to a NEET stereotype. Maybe they'd bond over playing FPS games like Halo or Overwatch?

And TBH The dislike for modern art was from a personal experience. I was in a modern art museum (wouldn't recommend it) and I saw a nun complaining about it and i distinctly remember her yelling "A broken mirror isn't art, it's poor house maintenance!".

Blog Entries
    Cheers! For interaction You had Barbara be a military otaku and outdoorsy while Margaret is closer to a NEET stereotype. Maybe they'd bond over playing FPS games like Halo or Overwatch?
    Yeah, that sounds about right. Certainly should make for some entertaining interactions. (Where is CaS's version of Carnival Phantasm?)

And TBH The dislike for modern art was from a personal experience. I was in a modern art museum (wouldn't recommend it) and I saw a nun complaining about it and i distinctly remember her yelling "A broken mirror isn't art, it's poor house maintenance!".
    That's pretty hilarious. Always fun when you can work bits of your real life experiences into these sheets.